Safe With You || Seth Cohen

By potterheadtwihard17

Everyone knows the story of Ryan Atwood, but what about his twin sister Ally Atwood. This is based on the TV... More

~ ACT ONE ~
||1||
||2||
||3||
||4||
||5||
||6||
||7||
||8||
||9||
||10||
||11||
||12||
||13||
||14||
||15||
||16||
||17||
||18||
||19||
||20||
||21||
||22||
||23||
||24||
||25||
||26||
~ACT TWO~
||27||
||28||
||29||
||30||
||31||
||32||
||34||
||35||
||36||
||37||
||38||
||39||
||40||
||41||
||42||
||43||
||44||
||45||
||46||
||47||
||48||
||49||
~ACT THREE~
||50||
||51||
||52||
||53||
||54||
||55||
||56||
||57||
||58||
||59||
||60||
||61||

||33||

266 10 0
By potterheadtwihard17

I sat next to Ryan at the table, studying for my French test when Seth walked in. Winter break had passed and it was now a new year of 2005. Ryan and I spent most of the break studying as we wanted to keep our grade good for senior year next year.  Seth looked to be holding some sort of photo album.

"Hey man what's going on?"

"Studying."

"Will you two punch someone please? For old times sake?" Seth asked and I glanced up at him.

"Alright fine, algorithms and French words are the new uppercuts." Seth muttered, pulling out the chair next to me and sitting down.

"Now I see it." Seth stated and I looked over to see him looking at an old photo in the album. It looked a lot like Kirsten and after looking for a moment, also looked like Lindsay.

"See what?" Ryan asked, looking over as well.

"I've been looking through old photos of my mom, looking for any resemblance to Lindsay. Look at that."

"Are you trying to make this more awkward for me?" Ryan said with a sigh, taking the album.

"What? It's not like you dating Lindsay is full on incest, you're not even really related." Seth told him and Ryan raised his eyebrows. "Well, you're not, you wouldn't get arrested.."

"Kirsten is like my mom and Lindsay is.. clearly her sister." Ryan told us.

"Well, Kirsten is like my mom too and Seth and I dated." I said quickly and Seth and I glanced at each other.

"Yeah, I guess you two's situation is a little more awkward."

"Well you just have to ask yourself Ryan, is she your aunt or your girlfriend?" Seth asked.

"Ah yes, the age old question." Sandy stated, walking in and going to the fridge.

"That's right, it's the story as old as time really. Boy meets girl, boy likes girl, boy finds out girl is surrogate mothers Illegitimate half sister."

Ryan shut the photo album in frustration.

"I'm guessing it's too soon to joke Seth, even for a Cohen." Sandy told him.

"I just don't know what to do or what to say." Ryan said with a sigh.

"Well have you talked to Lindsay?" I asked him.

"No I wanted to give her space over winter break and let her figure everything out."

"That's all you can do and if she comes back and decides she wants to be part of the family-"

"Then we're done dating, huh?" Ryan asked Sandy, who glanced at Seth and I.

"Well, I couldn't say that. Look at these two."

"We're not dating anymore, Dad." Seth said quickly and I looked over at him.

"Yeah, but you were. Really it's the same concept. Does Kirsten know your seeing Lindsay?"

"She thinks we're just friends." Ryan told him.

"Good, cause I think it's best if the Mrs doesn't find out."

Heels clacked on the floor and Kirsten entered the kitchen, dressed for work.

"Well that's something that every wife wants to hear. Doesn't find out what?"

"How much I love you." Sandy said quickly, going and kissing her on the head.

"Sandy, you don't have to lie to me. I know that Renee's testimony is today and my father's going free."

"Yeah."

"Sharp as a tack-"

"Can't get anything by her."

We all chimed quickly and Kirsten looked amused.

"But that doesn't mean I have to forgive him, not after what he did to Lindsay, that poor girl."

Kirsten walked over to the table and stood by us.

"I've been thinking we should do something for her. The girl grew up not knowing who she is or where she's from and we're her family."

"If she wants us." Ryan added.

"Oh she wants us." Seth said teasingly and I kicked his leg under the table. He winced and looked over to me and I gave him a warning look.

"He means, you guys." I told Kirsten.

"Well, Ally, you and Ryan are just as much a part of this family as any of us. I mean if she's my sister, she's your aunt."

"Well thanks for clearing that one up honey." Sandy chimed.

"Actually she's so young, she's more like your sister."

"Oh, I've always wanted a sister, and Ryan you get two now." Seth stated to Ryan who looked overwhelmed.

~~~~

I walked outside to see Kirsten in the Range Rover talking to Lindsay. I watched with a smile as Lindsay climbed into the car. I was glad they were getting to know each other.

I watched as the car drove up and turned around as I heard footsteps.

"Was that Lindsay and my mom?" Seth asked as he walked up to me.

"Yeah. It's good they're spending time together don't you think?"

"Good for them. For Ryan, not so much."

"True. But maybe it could work out between them and not be too weird. I mean, the two of us dated and we lived in the same house."

"It's different for us. It never felt weird. Still doesn't." Seth told me and I smiled slightly.

"So have you heard from Zach any?"

"No, we decided to be friends after the whole SnO.C. debacle."

"Oh."

"And what about Alex? Are things going good with her?"

"They aren't going at all anymore."

"I didn't know."

We stared at each other for a moment before Ryan walked up to us and we both looked away.

"Hey, ready to go?"

"Yeah, let's go."

~~~
Sandy, Seth, Ryan and I decided to make dinner for Kirsten and we were preparing it when Kirsten walked in holding shopping bags.

"Hey, look at all this. You're making dinner?"

"We wanted to surprise you." Sandy told her with a smile.

"I have a little surprise myself. Look who's joining us." Kirsten said and Lindsay came into view, holding bags of her own.

I smiled at her and she smiled back, before glancing at Ryan.

"We were having coffee and we were talking and then we did a little shopping- a lotta shopping, actually." Kirsten said with a smile.

"Yeah."

"And uh, next thing you know it was dinner time."

"I hope you guys don't mind me crashing." Lindsay said.

"No, its not crashing if you're invited." I assured her, glancing over at Ryan.

"No I think dinner with all of us would be really nice. Wouldn't it be nice, Ryan?" Seth asked.

"Nice yeah." Ryan said, smiling at Lindsay. I looked to see Kirsten looked completely oblivious. This was going to be interesting..

~~~~
Lots of things happened in the last two days. Jimmy Cooper was apparently moving to Maui after Marissa found out about him and Julie having an affair. To be honest, it wasn't too shocking.

Now they were having a party for Jimmy at the Cohen's tonight. I got dressed in my room and walked downstairs.

I was surprised to see the party was already full of guests. I met up with Seth at the bottom of the stairs.

"Hey."

"Hey, you look beautiful." Seth told me and I smiled.

"Thank you. Do you want to find Ryan and Lindsay?"

"Yeah, sure."

The two of us walked outside and went over to where I saw Ryan and Lindsay sitting at a table.

"Hey, guys." I greeted, sitting down.

"Hey."

"It's a pretty boring party." Lindsay stated and I laughed. "Trust me, something usually happens to change that."

"Ally's right. Every Newport party ends with a bang." Seth told Lindsay.

As if on cue, I looked over to see Marissa stumbling into the backyard, holding onto D.J. who looked embarrassed and worried for her.

D.J. tried to stop her walking, but Marissa shrugged him off. "I'm fine." I heard her say. Her words were slurring.

"Oh no." I muttered as she walked over to Julie.

The four of us stood up and walked closer.

"Well if it isn't the Wicked Witch of the West Coast." Marissa stated, throwing her arm around her mother's shoulders.

"Are you drunk?" Julie asked her.

Marissa laughed and I sighed.

"Let me guess, tequila." Julie told D.J.

"She was like this when I picked her up." D.J. said to Julie.

"You don't have to defend yourself to her." Marissa told him.

"No but you do, young lady."

"Oh come on, let's go D.J. before she tries to sleep with you next." Marissa said, pulling D.J. away.

"Should we do something?" I whispered to Seth.

"What did you say?" Julie asked.

"You heard me, you whore."

Julie looked stunned by the words as did everyone else who was looking on. I was about to walk over when Jimmy did.

"Hey guys, not here."

"No, let's do it here, okay?"

"You know what, let's tell everyone why you're leaving Dad! Why don't you tell everyone why we're leaving huh?" Marissa yelled.

"Please, Marissa just-"

"Hellooo everybody!" Marissa yelled, waving her hands in the air. I couldn't take it anymore so I walked over to her and grabbed her hand.

"Mariss, come on, you're drunk. Now's not the time, okay?" I whispered.

"Get off of me, Ally." Marissa said, shoving me away. "Marissa, no, you need to stop. Come on."

I winced as Marissa struck me hard across the cheek. I looked at her in shock and then stepped back.

"Guys come on." Jimmy pleaded quietly.

I felt Seth come up behind me and grab my arm, pulling me back.

"Are you okay?" He whispered.

"I'm fine." I stated, although tears were filling my eyes. Why did everyone I cared for have problems with drinking?

"Do you see what you're leaving me with? Do you see how screwed up she is?" Julie asked Jimmy.

"Well of course I'm screwed up, I'm the daughter of a slut and a thief. You know what I just- I just hate you both so much." Marissa said, before walking away. Julie and Jimmy stared after her in stunned silence, as did everyone else.

D.J. followed after her and everyone began to murmur. I just stood in silence then walked off.

~~~~
There was a knock on my door and I looked up as Seth walked in.

"You okay? For real this time. Don't say you're fine. I know you."

I sighed. "No. I'm not okay. I just-"

I stopped myself as I began to cry. Seth walked over to me and sat down, pulling me into his arms immediately.

"I just want Marissa to be okay. She has a problem with alcohol like my mom and like I once did. It hurts to care for someone and see them go through this addiction."

"I'm sorry, Ally. I'm sorry you had to go through it too."

"But I survived it. It was hard, but I did. And Marissa can do the same, I know it."

"She definitely can with such a good friend as you."

"You're a good friend, Seth. Thank you for always taking care of me." I told him, sitting up from his arms.

"Always."

~~~~

The next morning I was at the kitchen table when Marissa walked in following Sandy. The two of us made eye contact and I could tell she regretted last night.

"Hey, Marissa brought bagels." Sandy stated and Marissa held up the bag.

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Hey, Ally. Can we talk?" Marissa asked and I nodded before following her out of the room.

"I'm so sorry. I never should have shoved or hit you. I was just so upset about my dad and-"

"It's okay, Mariss. I know you weren't okay. And I want you to know I'm here to help you through anything. Just don't drink so much, okay? Trust me, I know what the addiction is like. I don't want you ending up in rehab like I did."

"Thank you Ally. I'll do better, I promise. I know I can, things are just so screwed up and I felt so alone."

"You're not alone, I promise." I told her.

"I know that now."

"Good because I'm starving and those bagels looked really good." I joked and Marissa laughed.

"They are. Come on."

I laughed and followed her into the kitchen, all of my problems disappearing for a moment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.5K 337 5
' It's funny how when it's upside down I push through, I just put up with you' ๐‘ฐ๐‘ต ๐‘พ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ช๐‘ฏ Elise fisher tries to make this summer the best one y...
1.1M 59.8K 37
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
541K 12.5K 26
โ€งฬฬŠห™ยท ๐“†.ยฐ ๏ฝกหš๐“†›หš๏ฝก ยฐ.๐“†ž ยทห™โ€งฬฬŠ ๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐—บ๐˜† ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ณ๐—ฒ, ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚'๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ต๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐˜ ๐—บ๐—ฒ ๐—ฌ๐—ผ๐˜‚'๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฏ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ป ๐—บ๐˜† ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜, ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๏ฟฝ...