πƒπžπ›π­ 𝐨𝐟 π“πžπ¦π©π­πšπ­οΏ½...

By SavannaWritess

"Remember how wet you were when you decide to start avoiding me again. Remember how you came all over me. Rem... More

Author's Note and Aesthetics
Prologue
1. missed target
2. dark suite
3. fear
5. good job
6. liar
7. beautiful
8. drown
9. trapped
10. questions
11. smiling
12. eyes
13. torture
14. personal
15. blood
16. safety
17. tipsy
18. exquisite
19. celebrations
20. sadist
21. dare
22. avoid
23. riding
24. confusion
25. jealous
26. safety
27. hot
28. jet
29. family
30. secrets

4. suspicious

4.8K 129 37
By SavannaWritess

GABRIEL DALTON

There are only so many pictures of Alexia and Lonzo on the beach I can take.

Of course I've been busy since I've taken over Lonzo's empire whilst he's away, but even in my spare time–I'm trying my damn hardest to keep myself busy because the house is ever so quiet.

So I head to Dark Suite on Friday. With new business ideas to share with Zane, I might as well mix business and pleasure for the time being. It's better than sitting indoors and masturbating into oblivion because there is genuinely nothing else to do.

That is how sad my life is.

Seeing Lonzo with my sister spikes curiosity of having a relationship of my own but a part of me knows that I barely have any time to sit down as it is. Quick one-night stands are going to have to do for the foreseeable.

As I head into Dark Suite around eleven o'clock at night, I'm swept upstairs to the VIP section immediately. My eyes glance over the room, it's a lot busier than most nights but it's certainly a good thing.

I spot Zane standing at the bar talking to a man I don't recognise. I make an instant beeline to him and greet him, along with his company. "Need a night out, huh?" He jokes, still hobbling on his wounded leg.

"You could say that," I nod as I straighten out my jacket. "Thought we could discuss a thing or two, I've been coming up with some ideas."

Zane hums. "Had a lot of time to think?"

I scoff and nod. "Being alone at the house does that to you. But it'll benefit us in the long run and I know Lonzo will be pleased if we agree on something that puts us into profits."

We grab a drink from the bar whilst Zane explains a new upgrade he's planning on creating for the club. He's always trying to make this place better, even if he opened this place not long ago.

He's a perfectionist. That's what I've learnt.

My eyes glance over the upstairs section, floating past women in little cocktail dresses and heels, men in suits and all drinking the finest and most expensive champagne. Until I see a flash of long red hair–I could recognise that colour anywhere.

I raise my whiskey glass to my mouth as I flick my eyes to the man standing right beside her. He has a hand latched onto her waist, towering over her as he grins in the most predatory way.

My jaw begins to tense when I look at Poppy again. It's obvious she's uncomfortable, even though her body language might say different. She's beaming at him, nodding when he speaks and staring dreamily into his eyes.

But I see past that bullshit. Behind her eyes are a wall of strain and resistance.

It's more than obvious she doesn't want to be standing there next to this guy, so why is she?

I clear my throat and glance at Zane. "Does she come here often?"

Zane swallows his drink and then follows my eyesight. "Oh," he hums. "Yeah, sometimes. Actually... she's here quite a lot."

"Always talking to a new man?"

He turns to me with a playful look. "Jealous?"

I scowl at his words. "No. I'm just trying to figure her out. She's Alexia's new friend and I don't know what up with her."

"Beats me," he sighs. "She comes in, gets a drink and lets men swoon all over her. Maybe that's what she enjoys, her past time. Us men like a good lay, why can't women too?"

Because she's not comfortable. Why on earth would she be doing something that she obviously despises? Or maybe I don't know her at all.

I shouldn't even be invested but with suspicious behaviour like that, it makes me concerned. Especially if Alexia is involved. She's been involved in far too much drama since she's been here, she doesn't need any more.

"Last time I was here, I had to drag a man off of her." I comment.

My eyes remain glued to Poppy's face as she stares up at his man. I glance down at her throat, it clenches and wobbles for a second. Another fake smile. I might be over-analysing but to me it's clear as day.

"Who?" Zane's voice snaps my head away from Poppy's direction.

"Some asshole," I grumble. "She was telling him to stop, I yanked him straight off of her. He's probably in his fifties, grey hair. I've seen him before but I have no idea who he is."

Zane nods at me and then drains his drink. "Well if you ever see him again, let me know and I'll revoke his membership. I'm not standing for that sort of behaviour."

"Gladly," I nod.

He pats my arm as he nods at someone across the room. "Come see me in my office in like forty minutes, I've got something I need to take care of first."

"Alright," I say as he walks away.

When I take in Poppy's face again, she's attempting to distance herself from the man in front of her. She pushes him away gently and he steps forward, my fingers tighten around the glass and I'm ready to pounce when she shakes her head and he pauses.

She walks across the room to the other end and waits at the bar. I shouldn't have looked but I get a glimpse of her perfectly rounded ass in that tight black dress and heels that make her legs look never ending.

I grunt to myself and finish my drink before slamming the empty glass on the bar. I'm walking straight towards her because I can't help my curiosity, there is something about her that isn't adding up in my head and I'm desperate to find out what.

When I approach her side I pretend to not see her as I rest at the bar, advancing her height even in those heels. I feel her stare on her face and she leans back–I bet a whole lot of money that she's scowling right now.

"Are you stalking me?"

I twist and look down. I was right, I'd be richer than I already am.

Her jade green eyes flick between mine slowly and I tilt my head. "Just doing business..." I trail off. "Looks like you are too."

I've deeply offended her because her expression bursts into flames. "What's that supposed to mean?" Her voice wobbles but she clears her throat to attempt to cover it.

"Nothing," I shake my head. "Nothing at all."

Poppy turns away from me and nudges her shoulder into the counter, blocking me out. I can't help but stare at the back of her head and wait for her to say something else but she doesn't.

Okay, maybe the accusing approach won't work with her. I'll have to try another way.

She manages to order a drink from the bartender and whilst she's flicking through her purse, I dig out my credit card and hand it over. I mutter my order under my breath, Poppy still none the wiser that I've paid for her drink.

When he returns and places our drinks down, Poppy flashes some cash but the bartender explains it's already paid for. She glances at me out of the corner of her eye, I take my drink and take a small sip. "You're welcome."

"You didn't need to do that."

"No, but I wanted to."

Poppy chews on the inside of her lip as she continues to keep her eyes trained on me, I offer her a gentle smile. After a few moments she tucks her money back away and takes her drink. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, Poppy."

For a moment an awkward silence washes over us. So many questions rest on my tongue but it's best to keep them inside for now, we barely know each other but if she's going to keep visiting Dark Suite and I'm going to be here for business with Zane, we'll be seeing a lot of each other.

"Who was that guy?"

"None of your business," she grumbles before taking a large gulp of her drink.

I nod. "Alright, you can be secretive."

Her nostrils flare, clearly not the right thing to say. My eyes roam over her face and I notice the way her lips are naturally pouty, a pronounced cupid's bow and the shade is a soft pink that sits well against her pale complexion.

"You don't know me."

"Of course I don't know you," I respond. "That's why I'm asking."

"Why do you care?"

My shoulders raise once as I release them. "You're a friend of Alexia's, I don't want you getting in trouble."

Something flashes in her eyes and she lowers her gaze before I get a better look. Her finger traces around the edge of her glass and I take silent interest in the scars across her knuckles. Each of them are different shapes and colours, lengths and width.

I couldn't even imagine what they're from. But it isn't my place to ask.

"I'm not getting in trouble," she draws in a sharp breath. "Just having some fun."

"No friends with you tonight?"

Instead of arguing, she shakes her head. She still can't meet my eyes.

"Alexia is home soon," I comment when she says nothing.

She finally looks up at that. "Really? I've missed her."

The corners of my mouth slide upwards. "I'm sure you guys can get up to no good when she's back."

Poppy blinks and smiles. "I hope so," she whispers. "I want to be closer to her but things are–"

She cuts herself off and shakes her head. I lean closer. "Things are what?"

"Complicated," she says eventually.

"Complicated how?"

When she chews on her lip, I realise that she's not going to elaborate. "You wouldn't understand."

"I know Alexia really values you," I say gently.

"I value her too." She nods and covers her mouth with her drink.

My eyes watch her carefully as she drinks, lashes brushing her cheek. At times like this I wish I could read minds, I can read body language pretty well but the power to hear thoughts–it would be evolutionary. Would make my life a lot easier too.

A presence behind me has the hairs on my arm stand beneath my suit. I glance over my shoulder to be met with the guy Poppy was standing with ten minutes ago. He's glaring at me like I've touched his prized possession.

I clear my throat. "Can I help you?"

Poppy sucks in a quiet breath and flicks her eyes between us frantically. "Yeah, move."

My eyebrows raise in surprise and then I laugh. "Move?"

"You heard me," he grumbles.

I step forward but a delicate hand presses to my chest, it belongs to Poppy. "Gabriel," she says gently. "It's fine."

"You know this man?" He directs to Poppy, beckoning his head towards me.

Poppy nods silently. "He's my friend's brother."

"Right," he rasps and looks at me.

I have no satisfaction with leaving Poppy with this man. Not when he's being an asshole and showing his Alpha-like possessive side. I look at her, she's practically pleading with her eyes for me not to cause a scene.

"Okay," I sigh and step back. "Zane's office is behind the opposite bar. Come find me if you need me."

Poppy holds my stare for a few moments before nodding. Appreciation glittering in her eyes before she blinks it away–yet again. Covering her emotions.

"She won't need you," the man turns his nose up at me.

I ignore him. "I'll see you later."

"Bye," she whispers before I step away.

My fist itches to punch this guy's lights out. But I know that the security should intervene if they see any funny business between those in VIP, Zane made that very clear.

I turn over my shoulder as I walk away, Poppy's flashing him an apologetic smile as he moves in closer and brushes his fingers across her cheek. Rigid and uncomfortable.

A light pressure erupts in my brain and I know I'm in store for a headache. I cannot work this woman out for the life of me and now I want to find out everything, right down to the last detail.

Because someone like her, shouldn't be around men like him.

Or me for that matter.

But I can't help myself. I'm invested and I'm not going to stop until I find out.

Read the completed book, bonus chapters and the first 9 chapters of Isabella's story (Lonzo and Alexia's daughter) over on Ream and Patreon!

www.reamstories.com/savannaroseauthor
www.patreon.com/dreammcatcher

Link is also in bio!

Author's Note

Uhhhh oh, Gabriel's got his eyes and suspcions on Poppy👀😬

What did you guys think of this chapter?👉🏼👉🏼👉🏼

I hope you're excited to dive in deeper!

It's going to get all sorts of juicy and angsty😮‍💨

Don't forget to vote and comment, it makes my day!🌟

Love Savanna x

Insta: savannaroseauthor
Ream: savannaroseauthor
Patreon: dreammcatcher
Tik Tok: SavannaWritess

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

52.3K 1K 45
College? No, this was paradise. Three years filled with partying, not so secret underground drug-deals, and hot-headed men sliding into beds like sn...
1.2M 41.5K 36
(COMPLETED & UNEDITED) His full lips were curled into a smirk as he grabbed her by the arm roughly. "And who might you be?" He asked her while she he...
548 74 11
He was born into a life of crime; she was trying to hide from it. She sipped a steaming cup of mocha; he aimed the smoking barrel of a gun. ...
12.4M 372K 38
__❀︎ The Maid and the Mafia King ❀︎__ Losing her father at the age of 20, Bella started to search for jobs. Not to mention, she already was doing 2 j...