70s Island Flower Survivor

By NotSoAweSam

Gu Ling has just been reborn, and her marriage is stolen by her stepsister! Her stepsister Gu Ya is familiar... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Reborn At The Age Of Twenty
Chapter 2: Want To Get Back Her Salary
Chapter 3: Gu Ling Raised Her Hand And Slapped Gu Ya!
Chapter 4: This Chapter was Locked
Chapter 5: Caught Cheating!
Chapter 6: The Gu Family's Scandal Broke Out!
Chapter 7: Gu Ling's Luggage Was Thrown Into The Sea!
Chapter 8: The House On The Island Has Collapsed!
Chapter 9: Big Mango! Coconut Water! So Delicious, It Has No Friends!
Chapter 10: Make Gu Ling Fall
Chapter 11: Fragrant Grilled Fish, A Large Basket of Crabs
Chapter 12: Gu Ling Must Be Starving, Right?
Chapter 13: Did Gu Ling Die Of Illness Today?
Chapter 14: Gu Ling Isn't Worthy Of You!
Chapter 15: Various Precious Mushrooms, Delicious To The Point Of Tears!
Chapter 16: Gu Ling, You Are Really Bad
Chapter 17: The Legendary Male God On The Island
Chapter 18: Grow Food On The Island
Chapter 19: Truth About Mother's Accident
Chapter 20: Making Ships Earns Big Money
Chapter 21: Island In Danger
Chapter 22: Gu Ling Lowered Her Head And Kissed His Leg
Chapter 23: The Most Delicious Meat I've Ever Eaten in My Life
Chapter 24: Confess Your Love to Educated Youth Gu!
Chapter 25: Liu Yanchen Is Not Capable In That Aspect!
Chapter 26: It Was Sun Xiulan Who Killed Gu Ling's Mother!
Chapter 27: Lu Yanchen, Why Are You Staring At Me?
Chapter 28: Lu Yanchen Picked Up Gu Ling Horizontally
Chapter 29: This Pearl Is A Lot Like You
Chapter 30: I Plan To Marry Her, But I Haven't Won Her Over Yet
Chapter 31: Ling Ling, Be My Superior!
Chapter 32: It Would Be For The Best If He Couldn't Do It!
Chapter 33: Gu Ya Was Beaten Until She Became Deaf!
Chapter 34: I Have Someone Now
Chapter 35: If You Die, I Will Marry Someone Else Immediately!
Chapter 36: Did Mom Also Lose Hope Like This?
Chapter 37: Gu Ling Hugged Her And Cried Bitterly
Chapter 38: That's How Expectations Disappear Little By Little
Chapter 39: Lu Yanchen Pressed Down And Kissed Her
Chapter 40: Let's Get Married!
Chapter 41: Get A Marriage Certificate
Chapter 42: Good In Every Way, Including That Aspect
Chapter 43: It's The Bridal Chamber!
Chapter 44: Find A Way To Make Money!
Chapter 45: I am Gu Ling's Father
Chapter 47: Complete Text

Chapter 46: Deadbeat Father And Wicked Stepmother In Jail!

2.6K 45 2
By NotSoAweSam

Sun Xiulan had nowhere to run. After the boat they were on dropped them off, it sailed away to the opposite shore. She ran around the island aimlessly and was eventually caught by Gu Changjian.

Gu Ling was informed of the situation by Li Haixia and rushed to protect her own mother.

Sun Xiulan dared not look at Yang Shan, crying and insisting that Yang Shan was a ghost. As for Gu Changjian, he was also frightened enough.

Over the years, he had occasionally reminisced about Yang Shan. Initially, he felt a sense of relief; Yang Shan's personality was aloof, carrying a hint of intellectual arrogance. Gu Changjian would feel slighted without Yang Shan saying anything, instinctively attributing it to Yang Shan looking down on him.

For instance, when Yang Shan gently reminded him of the correct pronunciation of a word, Gu Changjian would become agitated, feeling that Yang Shan was humiliating him.

Being with Yang Shan also required him to pay attention to personal hygiene, such as not randomly throwing socks, refraining from spitting saliva, and making sure to flush the toilet properly after use. He found it quite troublesome, especially since Sun Xiulan always quietly followed behind him to clean up.

Later, when Yang Shan truly left, Sun Xiulan returned to his side, serving him meticulously. However, Gu Changjian's enjoyment was short-lived. 

He began to miss the sight of Yang Shan dancing at home, reciting English, and reading under the lamp. These nostalgic moments were brief, as most of the time, he still enjoyed Sun Xiulan's attentive care.

Now, seeing Yang Shan standing before him seemingly alive and well, Gu Changjian found it unbelievable. 

Gu Ling brought Gu Changjian, Sun Xiulan, and Yang Shan back home, closed the door, and began discussing the situation.

This was unexpected for Sun Xiulan and Gu Changjian. They didn't intend to conduct their business behind closed doors; instead, they wanted to morally pressure Gu Ling in front of everyone, forcing her to give them money.

So, Gu Changjian instinctively went to find Gu Ling's husband, "I heard you're married. Where's my son-in-law?"

Sun Xiulan was trembling with fear. Regardless, she never expected Yang Shan to be alive.

Observing Gu Ling, who lived in a small Western-style house on the island, Gu Changjian secretly thought, "Ling Ling's husband must be a capable person, so naturally, he wouldn't lack money!"

Seeing Gu Changjian and Sun Xiulan, Gu Ling initially wanted to ask her mother to go back inside. Facing these two people directly wouldn't be a good idea. If her mother became emotionally stirred, it would undoubtedly affect her health, especially after brain surgery. The most crucial factor was to avoid any stimuli to the brain.

However, Yang Shan gently patted Gu Ling's hand, reassuring her.

"Don't worry. In my eyes, they are just a joke now."

Yang Shan calmly looked at Gu Changjian and Sun Xiulan. When their eyes met, Gu Changjian felt that familiar, long-lost sensation. 

 It was the aura of indifference and confidence emanating from Yang Shan, an elegance cultivated by knowledge. It oppressed him at every moment, constantly reminding him that he was worthless, a person without prospects. Gu Changjian felt like he couldn't breathe.

As for Sun Xiulan, she gazed at Yang Shan's slender figure, fair skin, and the same delicate appearance she had always had. Subconsciously, she lowered her head, looking at her own wrinkled clothes and rough hands from years of household chores.

No, why? Both are women. Why is it that Yang Shan can have a decent job, exuding an elegant temperament all over her body? Even though she's stranded in such a remote place, after so many years, she remains so noble and gentle. Why compare her to a rural woman?

Sun Xiulan subconsciously moved closer to Gu Changjian, hoping that this scene would hurt Yang Shan's heart. Regardless of Yang Shan's excellence, wouldn't Gu Changjian still prefer Sun Xiulan?

But who knew that Yang Shan just chuckled. Gu Changjian's hair stood on end. "Yang Shan, I haven't had a chance to ask you, how come you're here? They all said you were dead. You, you..."

Yang Shan didn't waste words. She put the basket down, washed her hands with clean water, and then looked at Gu Changjian and Sun Xiulan with a cold gaze.

"Why? Your wife knows best. Initially, you pursued me enthusiastically for work, and my father arranged everything for you. After we got married, you were dissatisfied with me in various ways, often having secret affairs with Sun Xiulan behind my back. I asked you once if you were willing to divorce. What did you say at that time? You claimed you had no other thoughts about this family, that you loved Ling Ling so much, and would never divorce in this lifetime. You knelt down and begged me to believe you, crying with snot and tears. I chose to believe you, but I didn't believe you. Some people are simply not worthy of being human."

Gu Changjian felt like he was having a heart attack and was about to explain, "You misunderstood me at that time, I..."

Yang Shan lightly laughed, "Shut up. I didn't bring you here to explain these things. They are all facts. Of course, the most important thing is how Sun Xiulan schemed to make me die in the sea. Her cousin traveled with me, and the local fishermen saw him push me into the sea. When I fell into the sea, the boat overturned due to the turbulence, and he couldn't control it, falling into the sea himself. I was a bit luckier, only hitting my head, but he died in the sea. The other person traveling with us was washed away by the waves. After going back, he reported the accident without mentioning my death. How did you handle it?"

Yang Shan had secretly contacted Chen Xuefeng about these matters and, combined with some information Gu Ling had told her, easily deduced the whole process.

Sun Xiulan's face turned pale. Gu Changjian, however, was stunned. "I... I didn't know you didn't die. Sun Xiulan, didn't you tell me she was dead?"

Initially, Sun Xiulan only said that the messenger reported Yang Shan's death. Gu Changjian mourned for a while and accepted the fact. He never considered the possibility that Yang Shan might not have died!

Yang Shan looked at their different expressions and sneered, "What is this? The person who delivered the message used this incident to blackmail Sun Xiulan for so many years. This year, Sun Xiulan couldn't bear the burden, and that person died. Is this a mere coincidence?

Evidence, as long as you diligently search, will always exist. 

Time is like clear water, washing away some things, and all the unpleasant truths will eventually come to light.

When Yang Shan talked to her best friend Chen Xuefeng on the phone, Chen Xuefeng burst into tears. Both of them were deeply saddened, and these things were revealed with a little investigation.

Sun Xiulan's voice stuttered, "What are you talking about? Why can't I understand...?"

Gu Changjian also didn't believe it, "Yang Shan, you can't make baseless accusations! Sun Xiulan is timid; how could she do such a thing?"

 Seeing the disgusting expressions of the two, Yang Shan wasn't angry at all.

She smiled gently, "I know that you two have always considered me a stumbling block, thinking that as the daughter of a wealthy family, I should sacrifice my whole life for you. Yes, you two are a perfect match. I wish you a lifetime of love in prison, never to be separated."

Gu Changjian immediately said, "Yang Shan, I've said it. It's a misunderstanding! What prison? What crime did I commit? You disappeared for so many years, and everyone thought you were dead. Am I supposed to remain chaste for you? Sun Xiulan has taken care of Ling Ling for so many years. Everyone knows how good she is to Ling Ling!"

Sun Xiulan quickly squeezed out a few tears, "That's right, Ling Ling's mom. I treated Ling Ling as my own. Before Ling Ling came to the island, our entire family's savings were given to her. How can you insult me like this? And the things you said about me harming you, I really don't know how to explain. I'm just an ordinary woman from the countryside. If I had such ability, why didn't I stop my brother from marrying you back then? Sister, I know you're educated, but you shouldn't be unreasonable just because you're educated and articulate."

Upon hearing this, Gu Ling immediately laughed. Isn't this the typical white lotus flower behavior!

If Sun Xiulan continues to play along, it will undoubtedly anger Yang Shan!

Therefore, Gu Ling erupted on the spot, "Shut up! We're just notifying you about this matter. The truth will be investigated by the police. If you have any objections, go and talk to the police! How you treated me over these years, you know in your heart. No need for idle talk. In this world, good and evil will be repaid. The law is strict and will not be lenient!"

After saying that, she supported Yang Shan and went into the house, saying, "Mom, don't talk to them. I'll handle it."

Gu Changjian and Sun Xiulan realized that something was wrong. Now, asking for money was a minor matter; the major issue was going to prison!

 They absolutely couldn't go to prison!

However, as they were about to leave, Gu Ling chased after them and directly shouted to a nearby soldier on duty on the island, "Catch these two; they are criminals!"

The soldier, who had enjoyed Gu Ling's cooking, was delighted to be summoned by her. He came over and tied up Gu Changjian and Sun Xiulan!

Sun Xiulan fainted on the spot, and Gu Changjian was furious, "Gu Ling! I am your real father!"

Gu Ling sneered, "You also know that you are my real father?"

He is indeed my real father, but for so many years, he didn't lift a finger, allowing Sun Xiulan to expose my child to danger! He didn't care about the life or death of his deceased wife!

Gu Ling showed no mercy and had them taken directly to the public security bureau on the opposite side of the coast. After settling them there, she went along with Yang Shan. After filing a report, the local police immediately began investigating the case. Of course, they also contacted the police in Gu Ling's hometown to link the capsizing incident at sea and the mysterious death of the messenger.

Lin Huining, who had been lurking for a long time, immediately came out and detailed the quarrel between Sun Xiulan and the messenger that she had heard at the time.

Sun Xiulan was suspected of two intentional harm incidents, and Gu Changjian was an accomplice. In addition, other criminal activities of Gu Changjian were discovered during the investigation. Both were detained by the police. The subsequent trial process was expected to take some time, but for the time being, they couldn't get out.

Gu Xiaobin stayed with his own sister Gu Ya, but recently, Gu Ya fell seriously ill, and the Yu family treated her extremely poorly. They were unwilling to tolerate her brother living in the Yu family.

Originally pampered by his parents, Gu Xiaobin became a wandering child. He had no choice but to stay with a relative, giving them some money every month.

Gu Ya had no money in hand. She was almost unable to go to work due to illness. Since the Yu family refused to give her money, she could only force herself to sell the remaining belongings of the Gu family as a benefit fee to her relatives taking care of Gu Xiaobin.

After settling Gu Xiaobin, Gu Ya hoped in her heart that if her parents could successfully find Gu Ling and return with some money, life for Gu Xiaobin and herself would improve.

One day, when Yu Mingxin returned home drunk, he felt someone on the bed, a woman. Unable to control himself, he forced himself on Gu Ya.

Gu Ya, already weak from illness, couldn't sleep soundly even without the disturbance. At first, it was extremely uncomfortable, and later, she fainted halfway through the act.

Perhaps she was too exhausted, and she fell into a deep sleep. In a rare occurrence, she dreamed again of that island belonging to Gu Ling.

The scenes unfolded rapidly—she saw Gu Ling marrying Lu Yanchen, witnessed Gu Changjian and Sun Xiulan traveling a long distance to the island, and eventually being taken to the public security bureau. She also saw the harmonious and happy moments of Gu Ling, Yang Shan, Lu Yanchen, and their family...

In her dream, Gu Ya was almost trembling with anger. Could Gu Ling still be considered human?

How could her mom Sun Xiulan be a murderer!

Even if the events were true, how could Gu Ling lay a hand on her own biological father? Gu Ling was simply inhuman!

And that Yang Shan, who was clearly dead, how could she reappear?

Thinking about her parents going to jail, her younger brother Gu Xiaobin left unattended, and having nowhere to go herself in case she divorced from Yu Mingxin, at that moment, she wished she could use any means to modify the storyline!

Even if she had to suffer ten thousand illnesses, even if she died from her illness, she wanted to change the storyline, to make Gu Ling die!

Trembling, Gu Ya reached for a page and hastily wrote down a line.

〚Gu Ling suffered severe postpartum hemorrhage, and both mother and child perished! 〛

After writing this line, she could no longer hold on. She lost all strength, and the images before her eyes disappeared.

***

The verdict for Sun Xiulan and Gu Changjian came out six months later. Both of them had violated the law. Sun Xiulan was sentenced to death for intentional murder, while Gu Changjian, on charges of fraud, corruption, and other offenses, received a seven-year prison sentence.

When Lu Yanchen brought back this news, Gu Ling was accompanying Yang Shan in gardening, as they aimed to fill the yard with fresh flowers.

The outcome was expected, and Yang Shan remained calm, her face still wearing a gentle expression. Gu Ling, however, felt a bit bitter.

No one knew how long she had been waiting for this moment. It took her two lifetimes to reach it!

Fortunately, happiness awaited in the future.

Under Gu Ling's leadership, the construction on the island was thriving.

The spicy dried small fish that Gu Ling initially made for Lu Yanchen and the soldiers on the island unexpectedly gained popularity. People everywhere wanted to buy the small dried fish. Gu Ling decided to establish a small dried fish production base on the island, using naturally wild small fish processed into different flavors.

Sweet and spicy, numbing and spicy, as well as five-spice flavors. They were not only delicious but also versatile, suitable as snacks or side dishes!

After the first batch of small dried fish sold out, customers quickly came from afar to buy the second batch.

Along with various crops and fruits grown on the island, they were sold in batches to the mainland.

Towards the end of the year, after calculating their finances, the islanders discovered that they were living on an affluent little island!

With the newfound wealth, many things became easier. Gu Ling suggested establishing a power generation facility on the island. Initially, the regimental commander found it challenging, but somehow, Lu Yanchen managed to contact people who could install the facility. After completing the necessary procedures, they worked tirelessly for half a month, and finally, the island had electricity!

On the day the power was connected, it felt like everyone on the island witnessed a historic moment. Each person was filled with joy and excitement, so much so that they felt like dancing!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4M 142K 46
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...
3.9M 162K 62
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...
Skinny By Emma

Teen Fiction

94.9K 2.2K 25
Fed up with the insults and humiliation from her classmates and even her own family, Kylie decides that enough is enough. Being an overweight teenage...
1.3M 115K 42
✫ 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐎𝐧𝐞 𝐈𝐧 𝐑𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐆𝐞𝐧'𝐬 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐠𝐚 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐬 ⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎⁎ She is shy He is outspoken She is clumsy He is graceful...