Long Way Down

By Prissy_Peaches

"...now I'm falling..." More

0.0
0.1
0.2
0.3
0.4
0.5
0.6
0.7
0.8
0.9
0.10
0.11
0.12
0.13
0.14
0.15
0.16
0.17
0.18
0.19
0.20
0.21
0.22
0.24
0.25
0.26
0.27
0.28
0.29
0.30
0.31
0.32
0.33
0.34
0.35
0.36
0.37
0.38
0.39
0.40
Epilogue
New Book!

0.23

534 34 43
By Prissy_Peaches

Casey

Since Westley decided to be lame and catch the cold, the last few days have been boring. I began to dread going to school since my boyfriend hasn't been there to meet up between classes or kiss me in the morning.

After a few days of Westley being gone and me begging him to let me see him, he finally agrees. He's been too worried to spread his sickness to anyone, especially his siblings. So, he's been locked in his room, hacking and sneezing like crazy.

"I don't want to get you sick."

"I don't care." More school to miss for me if I do catch something. "My sister's in nursing school and makes me watch medical shows with her, so I'm practically a doctor."

Westley rolls his eyes at me, continuing to blow his running nose. He cringes when looking into the tissue before throwing it away. The boy sniffles, sighing at his nose becoming stuffy again. "I hate this."

I brush the hair from Westley's forehead, feeling his skin. The back of my hand remain there before moving to his neck, frowning at the warmth. I could probably fry an egg on his skin due to how high his temperature is. "You're burning up, baby."

"I feel cold." Westley holds his blanket closer to his body, craving the heat. I press my lips against his warm forehead, but only for a second, because my boyfriend shoves me away. "Stop! You're going to get sick. You shouldn't even be in here."

I scowl at his tone, but I know he doesn't mean to be bitter. He must be feeling like pure shit right now because he certainly looks like it. Dark bags hang from his red eyes. All color has drained from his face, making him appear pale and weak. Mucus drips from his nose, causing the boy to constantly wipe it away.

Westley still looks adorable, of course. However, I can definitely tell why he hasn't came to school .

"Do you want me to leave?"

Westley huffs, then shakes his head. "No, I'm sorry. Please stay." I smile at the beg in his weak, raspy voice. Oh my gosh, I should not be romanticizing his sick state. "But...what if you get sick?"

I shrug, "then I get sick. Oh well." Westley begins to protest, but I wave it off. I don't care if I get sick, I want to be here for Westley. His mom isn't here and his siblings are too young to properly care for him. Hell, if my sister wasn't busy, I'd asks her to come over to check in on him. "Have you eaten today?"

My boyfriend shakes his head. "I haven't left my bed." I nod in understanding, though I hate the fact his belly is empty.  "Can you...wait, nevermind."

I tilt my head, "what? Do you need me to get you something?" Wesley shrugs, making me frown in disapproval. Why won't he tell me what's wrong or help him? Have I done anything to make him not feel as if he can asks me for anything? "What's wrong? What do you need, baby? I'll get you anything."

The hesitation in Westley's face disappears, his face softening. He sniffles and clears his throat before speaking. "I think there's soup in the fridge...can you warm it up? If that's okay? You don't have to if you don't want to, I can do it."

He wants soup, that's all? Is he expecting me to be upset at him for wanting to do a simple tasks? "Sure, baby, of course." Westley thanks me, smiling weakly at me. Oh, how I wish I could kiss his sweet lips. It feels like forever since I've kissed him. I haven't once since he's gotten sick. "I'll never get mad at you for asking for something, alright?"

Westley nods, "I know, I'm sorry. I'm really trying to remind myself that you aren't like that." He rubs my knee, staring at me. Through the discomfort in his eyes, I find glints of adoration. I love the way he looks at me. I swear, if I never look into Westley's eyes, I wouldn't believe he likes me. "You're the sweetest boy ever."

I kiss my boyfriend's forehead before leaving to make his soup. I find the container and a pot before heating the food. While the soup warms, I check on Westley. He sneezes and coughs, seeming to grow more sick by the second. When the soup finishes, the boy seems happier than before to see food.

"You aren't having any?" I shake my head, letting out a 'nah' while placing a bowl and crackers on the side table. "Have you eaten today?"

"Yeah."

No, I haven't. To be honest, I can't remember the last time I've eaten a meal. Since Westley hasn't been at school or texting as much due to his cold, he hasn't been making sure I've eaten. I'm not mad at it by any means. As awful as it sounds, that's the one pro of him being sick.

"I wish my mom was here," Westley mumbles, stirring the soup around. I give my boyfriend a sad smile. I'm sure it's difficult not being able to see his mom because I know it is for me. Though our situations are different, I understand his pain in some ways. "She should be coming home later tonight...she might be off tomorrow."

I forgot that I haven't met his mom yet. Now that I think of it, I don't know what she looks like or much about her. All I know is that she's a heart surgeon, that's about it. "When did you last see her?'

"I saw her for an hour the other night before I fell asleep." The boy then gasps before adding on. "Oh, and this morning she checked my temperature before work."

Well, there's that, at least.

Westley eats some of the soup, his bites and movement slow. I offer to help him, but he waves me off, saying me being over is enough help. He allows me to rub his knees and lower thighs while eating, seeming to enjoy my gentle touch. I try to not let my hands travel too far down, not wanting to seem dirty by any means.

After eating, Westley allows us to cuddle, though he seems hesitant. I assure him a million times that I don't mind getting sick for him. I don't care if I'm sick for a month, as long as I get to hold him for a few minutes. Thats all I want.

"When did you last shower, Wes?"

My boyfriend shrugs, resting his chin on my shoulder. I frown at my boyfriend's miserable state. He looks like a sad, kicked puppy who's been left out in the streets. My poor baby. Westley turns his head into his arm, letting out a string of throaty coughs that echo through the room.

"Do you want to try showering?" Westley let's out a small 'yes', but doesn't move. He continues to cling to me, sniffling and sad. I move around and peel Westley off my body, making him whine and groan at the loss. "Westley, baby, c'mon."

"But you're so warm," Westley pouts, hugging my arm. He looks at me, resting his cheek on my bicep. Gosh, I can't resist his baby blues. I can't resist kissing him. I can't resist him at all. "Casey, you better not kiss me."

Damn it, he caught me. I don't realize how close my face has gotten to his until he mentioned it. "Why not?" My boyfriend rolls his eyes, knowing the reason is more than obvious. "Go shower."

"Why? Do I stink or something?"

I consider tricking him, but feel too much pity to even attempt to be evil. "No, but it'll help you feel better and cool you down." Westley sighs, knowing I'm right. I help him out of bed, walking him to the bathroom. "I'll get you some clothes."

Westley goes into the shower, staying in there for a long period of time. Every handful of minutes, I knock on the door to check on him, making sure he didn't fall asleep or something. He assures he's okay or coughs in reply so I know he's at least awake.

After he dresses and leaves the bathroom, Westley sits with me. He seems more refreshed and alive than before, so that's a good sign. My boyfriend sits between my legs, back facing me. I know if we are facing each other, I'd definitely kiss him a million and ten times.

"Are you feeling better?"

My boyfriend nods, rubbing my bent knee. Though I can't kiss him, I enjoy his caresses. "Yep, yep, yep, but my body feels sore from being in bed so much." Westley turns his head, an idea evident in his eyes. "Can you massage my back?"

I agree, scooting back so I have enough room to perform my amazing masseur skills. "I'm good with my hands so I got this." Westley shakes his head at my dirty humored jokes, but laughs. "I call this the move the mega-chop-3000." My boyfriend giggles as I land soft, repetitive chops to his spine. Then, he lets out a nasty cough before going back to snickering like a child. I press a soft kiss to his warm neck, rubbing my thumbs into his shoulder blades. Westley hums at both of the sensations, tilting his head. "Is this okay?"

He nods, dropping his shoulders as I continue massaging his back. Westley let's out soft hums in delight, enjoying the feel of my fingers on his. I know I do. I force my mind not to wander as I touch and kiss Westley, though his noises make it hard.

Luckily, a soft knock interrupts us, causing Westley to groan under his breath. We adjust ourselves so we're sitting next to each other and not in such an...odd looking position. "Come in."

The door opens, revealing Greg. He smiles at me before looking at his brother. "McKenna and I are hungry...and I ate all the cereal...there's corn flakes left, but those are gross."

Westley sighs, seeming annoyed but not by much. He scoots some, seeming pained and sore while doing so. "I'll make dinner, one minute."

I stop my boyfriend from moving, shaking my head. I can make food. I'm the coolest chef in the world. "I'll make them something, lay down."

"No, no, no, it's okay-"

"You're sick." Westley pouts, but doesn't decline any further. He thanks me, squeezes my hands, and let me leave the bed. Greg skips through the hall, leading me to the kitchen. "What do you like to eat?"

"Chicken nuggets." He's definitely Westley's brother. "And the box macaroni with the bunny on it. McKenna likes that one."

Seems easy enough. I can do this. I've made Westley chicken nuggets plenty of times, and it's boxed macaroni and cheese. I got this.

"Aren't you and Westley dating?" I nod at the boy, searching for chicken nuggets and box of noodles. Once I find the two items, I begin looking for a cooking sheet and pot. "Do you two kiss a lot?"

"Greg, you can't ask that," a voice exclaims from the living room, growing closer. I don't think I've met McKenna. Each time I come over, she's either in her room, with a friend, or at cheerleading practice. Westley talks about her a lot, so I know she likes her space. "Isn't your name Casey?"

I look up, smiling at the girl. She shares the same golden locks as Westley, along with his rosy cheeks. However, she doesn't have the same perky, brightening energy. If anything, she seems pissed to see me. "Yeah."

McKenna doesn't respond, sitting in the seat next to Greg. She eyes me, her stare cold and judgemental. Middle school girls scare the shit out of me, I swear. "Did you get West sick?"

Did I? I don't have a cold, so there's no way I could've passed it onto him. If anything, he's going to be the one to get me sick. "Nah, it's going around school right now because everyone traveled during the holidays."

"Aren't you going to get us sick if you've been around West?"

Will I? Is that how it works? I don't know, I'm not a nurse. Maybe I should call my sister and ask. I'm sure he's not as contagious as before, so it's all fine, right? "I hope not."

"If you get us sick, I'll never let you talk to Westley again."

Oh my gosh, my relationship is being threatened by a 12 year old. What the hell do I do now? I hope I don't burn these nuggets and boxed noodles, that's for damn sure. She'd never let me breathe the same air as Westley, in that case.

Greg chimes in, "that's mean." The young boy looks at me with a smile. "You're nice. Much nicer than Westley's old boyfriend." As much as I hate knowing Westley's dated other people, I'm happy to hear I'm nicer than any of them. Not to seem cocky, but I'm confident that I'm a million times better, too. "And Westley says you two kiss all the time."

I smile, pushing buttons on the oven so it can preheat. It's adorable knowing Westley talks about me to his siblings, knowing they're his mini best friends. McKenna elbows her brother, scowling. She has the same grumpy scowl Westley always makes. "Stop saying that. They're dating, of course they kiss."

"I didn't know that."

"Yes, you did. You're just dumb."

Greg frowns, "no, I'm not." The boy looks at me again, his frown changing to a smile. He most definitely has Westley energy. "We know everything about you. Westley can't keep his mouth shut."

"That's a good thing, right?"

"Duh."

Coincidentally, I began writing this the morning before I got sick from eating unwashed grapes (I have the immune system of an ant) so yeah💀It's a whole different sickness than talked about in this chapter, but it's still ironic-

Also, yeah, I know 12 and 10 year olds can cook, but like, I thought it was cute for Casey to bond with Westley's siblings- they be chillin.

I hope y'all enjoyed! Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!

~whoops

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15K 662 35
Short Story "Did you ever fall in love with one of your friends? Warning : Slow update This story is pure fictional
6.4K 220 51
[ COMPLETE ] "It'll kill you someday." "I know." "Then why are you doing it?" "Why do you care so much?"
236K 10K 39
❝ ɪ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ꜰᴇᴇʟ ꜱᴜᴍ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜɪꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ. ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴀʟʟ ɴᴇᴡ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇ. ❞ 𝙏𝙃𝙀𝙕𝙀𝙉𝙉𝙄.
67.3K 3.5K 10
you're the blood in my veins.