Unrented Affinity

By TobiJaurello

Being the daughter of a rags to riches businessman, Camila did not expect that her once peaceful life would s... More

Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII

Chapter IV

240 15 5
By TobiJaurello

"You okay, Camz?" Lauren asks, prying the brunette out of her thoughts.

"Yes, yes. I'm sorry." Camila shook her head, smiling apologetically.

"I told you she gets laggy, Lolo." Sofi giggles, making Camila frown as she looked at her little sister and Maria on the screen of her laptop.

"Don't worry, I'll get her back to the shop and get an upgrade. Maybe she's a bit rusty and needs a bath." Lauren responded, making the younger Cabello giggle and the older one glare at her.

"Need I remind you that you're on the call to teach her and not make fun of me, Jauregui?" Camila warned.

"Actually, we're done. You were so spaced out and looking at Lolo with heart eyes." Sofi teased.

"Blame Lolo then! She's got me spaced out and heart eyed." Camila retorted, making Sofi laugh.

"I miss you so much Kaki. I missed this Kaki." Sofi smiled, making Camila stop for a second and smile softly.

"And Kaki misses you too." Lauren chimes in, diverting Sofi's attention to her, and gently taking Camila's hand from below the table.

Camila felt a light squeeze and she instantly calmed down. It wasn't that she was mad at the statement, rather she felt guilty.

"Alright Sof, it's nearly time for your bed time. You should start getting ready with Maria, okay?" Lauren smiled.

"Okay. Thank you Lolo for the help! And thank you for bringing back my Kaki." Sofi smiled, unaware of the emotion she was making the eldest Cabello feel.

"Remember Kaki, we'll be visiting you this Friday!" Sofia reminded, making Camila smile and nod.

"I'll just get a glass of water for you." Lauren informed the brunette before she lets go of Camila's hand and made her way to the kitchen.

"Maria, please don't overdo yourself as well. Get some rest every now and then, okay?" Camila reminded the woman.

"You too Miss Camila." Maria smiled.

"Maria?"

"Si?"

"Do you...do you think Sofi..." Camila started, unable to find the words she wanted to ask.

"I have to agree with Miss Sofia. It's nice to see you like this again, Señora. Happiness looks incredibly good on you. I'm glad you met Miss Lauren." Maria smiled.

"Thank you, Maria."

Showing a toothless smile, Camila proceeded to end the call and think about the words that came out of Sofi's mouth, and even Maria's. Maybe she did overdo it this time indeed. The fact that even her younger sister felt the need to say she missed "this" version of her gave her a slap of the reality.

"Here you go." Lauren smiled as she placed the cup of water down the table.

"Lauren." Camila whispered softly, making Lauren turn to her with a smile.

That smile and those eyes. God. You're killing me, Jauregui. Camila thought to herself before she pulled Lauren into a hug.

"I got you, Camz. Always."

And Camila prayed Lauren meant it.

It was another Wednesday night. The fourth day of Lauren's 2nd week with her, and Camila's growth was clearly visible with the help of the raven. In fact, Camila was getting too comfortable with her that she thinks it's crazy how the days she spent with Lauren made her feel like she knew the raven since forever.

Her whole Thursday was composed of a full packed school schedule. If anything, she wasn't able to see Lauren at all—which bummed her. And Friday came even before she could register the whole second week she spent with Lauren.

"Camila, come join us for breakfast." Alejandro said, noticing the brunette walking down the stairs.

"Okay Dad." Camila replied, before she walked towards the kitchen.

Alejandro and Sinuhe exchanged glances, a surprised expression present on the duo's face.

"Thanks, Maria." Camila smiled, as Maria prepared a plate of breakfast for her.

"You're up early." Alejandro mentioned.

It was very unusual for Camila to be up at 8 am. Normally she'd be sleeping until noon and have her mother prying her hangover self from the bed.

"Yeah, I wanted to take a little breather and enjoy the sunrise." Camila answered before she poured glass of water and handed it to her father.

"Thank you, mija." Alejandro smiled, to which Camila nodded and smiled back before she started eating.

"When you said Friday, I was expecting within the day. I was surprised you arrived last night." Camila said, engaging in small talks and even looking at her father.

"It was Sofi, she was so excited to visit you she just wanted to see you." Alejandro chuckled.

"Speaking of, where is Sofi?" Alejandro asked.

"She's still sleeping, Sir. She wanted to sleep with Miss Camila." Maria replied, as she handed Camila a banana.

"Do you have other business meetings here in LA, today?" Camila asked, looking at her parents.

"Not necessarily. It isn't until the week after next week, mija." Sinuhe smiled.

"Well, I'm glad the two of you are taking a breather.." Camila smiled before she looked at her food and started eating again, even taking the time to ask Maria to eat with them.

Alejandro and Sinuhe looked at each other before shrugging it off and started talking about things, Camila would nod every now and then as she listened attentively. Once the brunette was done, she took the time to properly bid goodbye to her parents.

"Are you going back to Miami later?" Camila asked.

"Not yet. We'll be here until Saturday." Alejandro said.

"No business meetings?

"None. Just visiting you." Alejandro repeated.

"I see. Thanks for doing that, Papi." Camila smiled.

"I'd want to stay and chat some more, but I need to leave." Camila informed both her parents.

"Did you tell her already?" Alejandro asked Sinuhe, who shook her head.

It was only then when they realized that Camila was not in her usual home clothes, rather she was dresses semi-formally.

"Tell me what?" Camila asked, confused.

"We were about to tell you to get ready for the zoo and the aquarium. Then we'll be going to Disneyland and spend the night there." Sinuhe said, also confused.

"Oh. You guys can go ahead, I'm afraid I can't join you." Camila smiled apologetically.

"Why?" Alejandro asked, the tone of his voice showing strictness.

"I'll be at the school library and will be taking an exam and then review for the rest of the day. You all should both get some rest first, you barely slept since you came this dawn." Camila said.

"Also, please take care on your way and text me when you get there. Okay? Please be safe and have fun." Camila smiled, even taking the time to kiss both parents cheeks and hugging Maria.

"Take care of yourself as well, mija." Sinuhe smiled.

"Love you." Camila smiled before she walked out of the kitchen.

Silence engulfed the whole building, until they all heard the front door close.

"Have you seen that?!" Alejandro asked, looking at Sinuhe, but the woman only smiled.

"This is the first time our daughter acted like her old self." Alejandro whispers, in fact a few tears were starting to form on his eyes.

"She even said I love you." Alejandro cooed.

"Maria, what happened to Camila?"

"I'm not so sure, Sir. But she has always been like that, but I noticed something started to change when she started dating again."

"Dating again-Wait, DATING?!"Alejandro blinked twice, making sure he did not mishear the woman.

"Yes, sir." Maria nodded.

"Have you met him?"

"Yes, Sir. I've met Miss Lauren."

"Goo-Miss?!" Alejandro said surprised.

"Yes, Sir. She's a nice child. I think Miss Camila really likes her." Maria smiled.

"Whoever she is, I need to meet her. I have to make sure she won't turn my Camila back to her rebellious self." Alejandro said sternly, before they all heard the front door open, followed by Camila walking back into the kitchen.

"Dad?"

"Yes?" Alejandro answered, the tone of his voice obviously giving away that he was happy with the interaction.

"Do you have any cash on you right now? I don't want to take my car to school today." Camila asked.

"Why not?" Alejandro asked.

"I'd rather not. I want to make sure I won't get distracted and go somewhere else." Camila chuckled.

Alejandro couldn't hide his smile anymore, in fact he even stood up and gave his daughter a hundred dollar bill before hugging her.

"Is this enough, mija? Do you want me to drive you to school instead?" Alejandro offered.

"I meant a five dollar bill. No, I'm fine. Papi." Camila chuckled, before she pulled away from the hug.

Camila opened her mouth to say something, but she was cut off by her phone ringing.

Looking down on her daughter's hand, Alejandro chuckled when he saw the screen. It was an alarm, and Camila even labeled it "You better be studying!"

"Shoot! that's my alarm. I have to go, bye!" Camila exclaimed before she rushed out of the premises.

"Mi dulce princesita. Papi missed you so much." Alejandro whispers, smiling ever so softly.

At the library, Camila's scanned the people inside. So far, she wasn't able to see the person who set her alarm, nor an unoccupied space. Just as she was about to walk further inside, she was met with a smiling librarian. The woman had become fond of her, in fact she got so used of the brunette that she'd know the times when Camila would be entering the library during free periods. If anything, Camila was thankful that the woman was not aware of the rumors circling around her.

"There's a spot for you at the far back, left side." Mrs. Dorothy smiled, making the brunette voice out a little shy "thank you."

"I made sure to secure a spot for you. I know you like studying or reading in silence." A smile crept up Camila's lips before she nodded, not before taking the books from the old woman's hand.

"No need dear, I can manage."

"I insist, Mrs. Dorothy, where is this supposed to be?" Camila asked.

Mrs. Dorothy only looked at her with thankful eyes before she began to walk towards a certain direction, Camila trailing behind her.

"Just up the top shelf, but you can leave it here. Getting it up there is a little tricky."

"Oh? Do you not trust me, Mrs. Dorothy?" Camila feigned hurt, making the old woman laugh.

"I trust you, dear. It's just I'm worried for your safety. You'd have to climb at least a step up on the ladder to reach it. And you're in your heels."

"I can do this, Mrs. Dorothy. A step us isn't too dangerous in heels." Camila said, stepping into the ladder.

"Camila, just let me do it." Mrs. Dorothy insisted once more, both of them noticing that Camila was too short for a single step elevation.

"I'd rather do this than let you climb up the ladder by yourself. That's far more dangerous." Camila shook her head before she took another step on the ladder.

"I can always ask someone else to place it there. You don't have to do it, Camila. There are athletes that come by around this time, I can wait for them." Mrs. Dorothy frowned, carefully holding the ladder as the brunette took another step.

"You don't have to wait for them. I'm capable of doing this small task. Besides, I know you wouldn't be able to let these books sit in peace and will climb on your own." Camila said, though her voice sounded a little too unsure.

"Two more books and I-" Camila started before her heels finally betrayed her.

"Oh my god!" Mrs. Dorothy exclaimed, while Camila closed her eyes and braced herself for impact.

"I got you." A familiar voice tickled the brunette's ear, making her realize that she wasn't falling anymore.

"Lauren, thank God!" Mrs. Dorothy exclaimed, even placing a hand on her chest to calm herself down.

"Lauren..." Camila whispered, eyes looking at the raven's green ones. (Thank heavens her drunk self wrote "beautiful eyes")

"You're stubborn, you know that?" Lauren scolded before placing the brunette down and bringing her back from being lost in the pool of Lauren's green eyes.

"I was just helping." Camila reasoned out.

"And you were told that Mrs. Dorothy can wait for someone else to put it back." Lauren reminded, making Camila frown.

"If I know any better, Mrs. Dorothy herself would've climbed the shelf herself." Camila added.

"Then it's safe to say both of you are stubborn." Lauren shook her head before picking up the books and proceeding to place it on the said shelf.

"Those biceps though." Camila thought to herself before shaking her head once she caught herself staring too much.

"Thank you so much, my dears." Mrs. Dorothy happily said before leaning closer to Lauren and whispering something that made the raven chuckle.

"I will." Lauren responded.

"This one's a keeper, Camila. Keep her." Mrs. Dorothy whispered towards the brunette with a giggle, rendering Lauren confused.

"What?" Lauren asked, brows furrowed in confusion.

"Oh, nothing." Mrs. Dorothy smiled, exiting the premises and leaving the duo in comfortable silence.

"What brings Ms. Cabello to the library at this hour of the day?" Lauren finally spoke up, offering her hand towards Camila and urging her to take it.

"I figured it would be better to spend the remaining hours before the exam here, than sleep it away." Camila smiles, holding Lauren's hand and leading the raven towards the spot Mrs. Dorothy mentioned.

"Do you need me to help you get a rundown of the notes you reviewed?" Lauren asks, to which the brunette shook her head.

"I'm good. Thank you for the offer. Your company is enough." Camila smiles softly.

"You're awfully sweet today, which side of the bed did you wake up on?" Lauren teases, making Camila roll her eyes.

It wasn't unusual for the brunette to be teased by Lauren like this. She would roll her eyes in response, but she was actually enjoying the little playful banters the two of them could exchange with each other.

Maybe Camila seemed quite fine with the exams coming in a few hours, but she was definitely nervous. For the first time in a long time, she was about to enter an examination room with her head filled with different terms and definitions taken from the subject. She allotted a ton of time and effort for it, and failing was not an option anymore.

She was not going to boarding school. Most importantly, she wasn't going to disappoint Lauren.

If anything, studying at the library came to an end fast. The exam results were quicker and was given within the time the students passed their answered papers. The moment her score was revealed, Camila came dashing out the room.

"Lauren, Lauren!" Camila exclaimed, once she got out of class and even shocking everyone around her.

"What's wrong, Mila?" A classmate asked.

"Where's Lauren?" Camila asked.

"Lauren?" her classmate asked once more, even squinting her eyes.

"Yes. Lauren, my girlfriend." Camila nodded.

"She's by th-Lauren!" Camila exclaimed as she saw the raven's figure by the school bench.

The moment Lauren heard her name and Camila's voice, she had a mini heart attack given that it sounded serious.

"Camz, wha-Look! Look at this!" Camila said, basically shoving the paper in front of Lauren's face.

"100% Great job, Miss Cabello." Lauren read out loud.

"You did it!" Lauren exclaimed.

"I did! All those sleepless nights and nagging, I did it!" Camila giggled in happiness, even jumping onto the raven's hand.

"I'm so proud of you!" Lauren smiled, embracing the brunette and even spinning her around before placing her down with an adorable smile.

"Thank you, thank you so much Lo." Camila whispered on Lauren's ear.

"Thank you, for not giving up on me." Camila smiled.

"It's all because of you, Camz. I merely did anything." Lauren smiled, even patting Camila's head.

"You did a lot more than you think." Camila said, eyes getting lost in Lauren's green ones.

"I'm proud of myself, and I'm so thankful for yo-" Camila started before a guy bumped into her, making her lean closer to Lauren and close the gap between them.

Camila felt like her lips fell on the softest pillow there ever was. Not just that, but she also felt different things at once. She felt shivers run down her spine, she heard bells all around her, her stomach felt funny—as if there were tons of butterflies inside.

Lauren was the one to pull away when she needed to take a step back due to the collision, making sure she held Camila safely as she balanced herself.

Lauren's could feel her face heating up, and decided to shrug it off by looking at the guy who bumped into Camila and even glaring at him.

"That idiot." Lauren muttered.

"Are you alright, Camz?" Lauren asked, looking at Camila who seemed to be looking at her intensely.

"Camz?" Lauren asked again, this time waving a hand.

"I'm so sorry for what happened, I did not-"

"Can we do it again?" Camila asked, cutting Lauren off.

"Huh?"

"If I ace another exam and a guy bumps into me once more, will you kiss me again?"

The sudden question made Lauren choke on thin air. Camila on the other hand, she was waiting for an answer. Before Lauren could respond, her eyes landed on a familiar woman from a distance, watching them intensely. In fact, she even noticed Erika holding a phone by her waist, possibly trying to film what was happening.

The raven did not think twice. Instead, she pulled Camila by the waist (since she was already holding her there) and placed another kiss on the brunette's lips—this time, even taking the initiative to lock lips with the brunette.

When she pulled away, Camila was smiling at her with a toothless grin. As for Lauren, she couldn't hide the redness of her cheeks.

"You don't need to ace exams or get bumped into to get a kiss. I'm yours, remember?" Lauren assured the brunette.

Camila's eyes squinted a bit before she realized what Lauren was doing. Swiftly spinning herself around, Camila's eyes landed on Erika by the tree.

Although appearing calm, Camila was actually both angry and giddy. Maybe Ally had always been right whenever she reminds the brunette to never get ahead of herself.

"So, who is she then?" Ally asked, looking at the raven who was standing by the door way and looking at Camila with a sigh.

"Ask her." Camila groaned, leaning back on the chair.

"Please, introduce yourself and explain as to why I found you lifting my cousin." Ally asked, even glaring at her.

"First off, I was not going to do anything to her, I was simply about to fix her position and move her from a different couch than let her die in the pool of her own vomit. Second, I am Lauren. I'm her requested date of four weeks." Lauren explained, while Ally nodded before urging her to continue.

While Lauren explained her main reason for appearing at Camila's door unannounced, Ally remained focused on her before turning to Camila with a raised brow.

"I didn't know you were into girl-" Ally started

"I'm not. I was drunk, okay?!" Camila groaned.

"So drunk that you wrote your ex replaced you with another girl and you wanted to do the same?" Ally stifled a laugh.

"Yes but that does not mean I like girls!" Camila exclaimed.

"Now, now cousin. Don't get ahead of yourself. You don't know what can happen." Ally teased, while Camila rolled her eyes at her.

"Just shut up, you came here to visit. Not annoy me." Camila cursed.

"Alright, I'm sorry." Ally apologized before turning to Lauren and mouthing "I'm really not." Making Lauren chuckle and shake her head.

"So, Lauren. I'm not aware of this kind of work, is this even a job? How much did she pay you?"Ally asked, brows furrowed at Lauren.

Lauren was about to answer truthfully, but Behind the Ally was Camila's eyes warning her not to talk about the price she drunkenly sent.

"As much as I like to say it's made up. It isn't. It's actually one of the reasons why I'm able to survive College." Lauren chuckled.

"As for the payment, she hasn't paid me yet. It's more of a trial and error thing. The first three days is basically a test run. If she likes the service, then she can avail it for the time period she requested, otherwise she can cut the contract." Lauren smiled.

"I want to-"

"Hang on cousin." Ally shushed her younger cousin.

"Lauren, is it alright if we talk privately? A family talk if you may." Ally requested, making Lauren nod in understanding.

"Go ahead. I'll be taking my leave anyways, I only came here to inform Miss Cabello." Lauren smiled before she politely bid goodbye and exits the premises.

"I want to end the contract." Camila slurred.

"No. Don't! If anything, you should use this to your advantage, Mila." Ally said.

"How is this even my advantage? I don't want to be in a relationship, I just got my heart broken! I want to be alone, and let myself heal—"

"By means of throwing your life away with Parties and Alcohols?"

"I'm doing my best Ally." Camila glared.

"Most importantly I don't want a girlfriend! I'm straight as a pole!" Camila reminded.

"Don't get ahead of yourself. I have a boyfriend and you may be drunk when you went into that website but you landed a jackpot, cousin." Ally said.

"If anything, I am the jackpot." Camila scoffed.

"Your younger self would've been, but this? No." Ally shook her head.

"From the looks of it, she seems genuine and caring, Mila. I know you have friends, and you have me. But Dinah can't come here in a jiffy when you need a company, she has family duties. Normani's in Texas and would only visit once or twice a month. And as much as I want to accompany you, Grandma needs someone to help her run the bakery." Ally said.

"You don't want Aunty Sinu or Uncle Ale to be uptight, you love Sofi and Maria but they can't accompany you with your impulses. With someone like Lauren, you'd be able to call a friend whom you know would definitely be here in an instant." Ally explained properly.

"I don't need anyone. I can handle myself." Camila stated.

"Mila, I love you and you know that. But please, trust me on this. Who knows, maybe God answered mine and Aunty Sinu's prayers that he sent you someone."

And maybe Ally was right. Maybe God did answer their prayers and sent her someone. Maybe God also answered her personal prayers and gave her someone who can withstand all her mood swings and attitude. Someone who can easily lift her mood up without her even trying.

"I mean it though. If I ace another exam, will I get kisses?" Camila asks, once the two of them were in a safe space by the parking lot—entering Lauren's car.

"Camz." Lauren chuckled, although slowly realizing that the brunette was serious as she opened the door for her.

"I meant it as well. You don't have to ace another exam or get bumped." Lauren smiled before she leaned closer to the brunette and placed a kiss on Camila's forehead.

"Lauren." Camila whined, making the raven laugh.

"What? I'm being charming. I remembered you said that forehead kisses give you butterflies." Lauren explained.

"Yes but I did not mean there!" Camila sighs, pouting.

"You're quite demanding, you know?" Lauren shook her head before she jogged towards the driver's side.

"You were the one who invaded my precious lips!" Camila exclaimed in disbelief.

"A guy bumped into you and I caught you. Erika was nearby so I had to." Lauren explained.

"Excuses, excuses. You just can't handle kissing me." Camila scoffed, reaching for the seatbelt.

Before she could even tuck it in, Lauren swiftly cupped her cheeks and pecked her lips before properly tucking Camila's seat belt in as if nothing happened.

It was safe to say she left a blushing, blinking Camila looking at her. Camila obviously did not expect the stunt she pulled. In fact, she was so speechless and shy that she could only look away.

Lauren did not say another word, rather she just trapped her bottom lip in between her teeth and fought as smiles as they drove of the school premises.

(Word Count : 4010)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13K 306 10
Hey y'all, I'm back at it! Here's some oneshots for all my dudes out there that use he/him pronouns! There will be nothing hardcore explicit but it...
687K 33.9K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...
4K 258 11
Lauren Jauregui and Camila Cabello have been best friends for years, since they were 5 years old. Camila has always thought of Lauren just like any o...
902K 41.4K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...