The Rise of the Lycans

By MGKimmy06

Laura is different. She knew this when she was six after realising she was adopted. Now she is seventeen, wa... More

Prologue
Road Trip
A Night to Remember
Runaway Mate
Daughter of?
Flashback
Witches
Shopping Disaster
First Date
The Elders
Little Girl
Lycan Brothers
The Vampire King
Back in His Arms
Drunk Alpha King
Conscience
I AM THE ALPHA KING
Awaken
Close But Far Apart
Sandy
Marked
Just the of Us
Training
May
Family Breakfast
Luna Queen's Introduction Ceremony (Part One)
Luna Queen's Introduction Ceremony (Part Two)
Coming Back Home
Alpha Vs. Beta
Role of a Queen
Awkward Dinner
Surprise
Sea Witches
Abilities
Vampire Blood Ball
Who's the Master Mind?
Another Lycan
Noah's Tale
False Attack
Lycan Souls
War (Part One)
War (Part Two)
Baby Boy, Prince Hades Axel Crescent
Friend Or Foe
Witches Vs Vampires
The End
Epilogue

The First Lycan

894 23 0
By MGKimmy06

The light of dawn graced the green forestry land, beaming through the thick blankets of tall trees and branches. Birds' soft chirps echo through the morning forest as a herd of deer forage on the forest floor, enjoying the peaceful morning together.

Suddenly, loud cheers and stomping hoofs broke the silence, scaring the deer and birds to rush away. The laughter of children came crashing with the roars of men.

"Their back! Their back!" The children chanted, running out of the village, drawing the attention of everyone, especially the young single women.

"WARRIOR HUNTER DID IT AGAIN!" Men riding behind roared as the man leading them into their village glanced over his shoulder and smirked.

He was a warrior. He had a firm chest and few scares from old battles, but he was very handsome. A strong jawline, long raven black hair tied up into a ponytail and a five-clock shadow. Every woman, young and old, falls head over heels for him. But none of them can win his heart except for one.

"Leah," he whispered as she stepped out of the crowd. She gazed up at him and flashed a sweet, warm smile.

He missed her very much when he left and only thought of her. Her long, wavy honey gold hair, high cheekbones, sea-blue eyes and sweet pink lips. She was a beauty, his one and only. "DEREK! DEREK! DEREK!" Everyone cheered his name, pulling his attention. He jumped off his horse with the rest of his hunting party, and the crowd attacked them.

Derek, son of the village chief, was a skilled warrior and hunter praised by his people. Everyone believed he would become a great chief one day.

"Son!" his father called out, pushing through the crowd, "Welcome home." He said, pulling his son into a tight embrace. He pulled away and turned to his people, "LET'S CELEBRATE!" He roared excitedly, and everyone cheered.

The people celebrated until the night fell upon them, and they drank, danced and laughed. They made a grand fire, so their fun never ended. Derek was beside his drunk father and other respected men in their village. They continued congratulating him while they enjoyed the game he hunted.

"Derek, my boy..." A man said drunkenly, patting his shoulder. He leaned forward, "I-I have two beautiful daughters... And one of them can be perfect to be your wife... OR BOTH!" He threw his head back, roaring out his laugh.

The surrounding men heard and cheered, joining in the man's laughter whilst Derek forced a smile as he sipped his drink. He glanced around, and his eyes landed on the beautiful blue eyes. She looked at him from afar and smiled before running off. "Huh... Excuse me," he said as he pushed himself onto his feet and ran after Leah.

Leah giggled under her breath as she quickened her pace. She glanced over her shoulder to see if Derek was following, but she saw nothing as she turned a corner, arms suddenly wrapped around her waist. She released a yelp as Derek pulled her close to his chest. "My Leah, are you running away from me because you did not welcome me back," he whispered into her ear, his warm breath caressing her cheek, making her moan softly. "How about a kiss?" He asked.

She turned to face him, "Why shall I bless you with a kiss?" She asked, turning to meet him and wrapping her arms around his neck.

"You are my love and soon-to-be my wife," he grinned, pulling away, then grabbed both her hands.

"Derek..." She whispered as he stared into her eyes.

"Leah, I adore you... I love you, and I want you to be my wife," he leaned forward and kissed her forehead. "Will be my wife?"

She smiled, and her eyes watered, "yes.... Yes! I want to be your wife!" They embraced.

Snap!

They heard from behind and broke from their trance. Derek slowly and gently pushed Leah to be behind him as he narrowed his gaze to the edge of the forest.

"Der—" Leah whispered/shouted, but she stopped when he pulled out his dagger and walked silently towards the forest's edge.

He carefully pushed through the bushes, and to his surprise, he saw a snow-white wolf leaping and whimpering in pain. He watched as the weak lone wolf stumbled to the ground and licked its paw.

He chuckled lowly, "It's just an injured wolf." He said calmly, lifting his dagger higher.

"What's wrong?" Leah asked, pushing her way through Derek. She saw the wolf painfully lick its wounded paw. "Oh, dear..." She made Derek follow as she approached the wolf.

But Derek grabbed her wrist and pulled her back, "what do you think you're doing?" He asked.

"Can't you see his hurt?" She glanced at Derek and the wolf.

"That's a wolf! If you have forgotten."

"I know it's a wolf, but..." She gazed at it, "he has no pack and is too weak to protect himself." Derek knew it would be hard to argue with Leah, and she did what she wanted, and that was to be a helping hand to anyone and anything. That was why he loved her: her caring soul and stubbornness.

"I'm coming with you," he firmly said, holding her wrist and clinging his dagger.

Leah smiled while walking towards the wolf with a tensed-up Derek. As it approached the wolf, it snapped its gaze at the pair as they came up close to him. It released a weak growl at them with a fiery glare.

"Sh.... It's okay," Leah hushed hesitantly, reaching out for it. "We're just trying to help," she tried to ensure it.

He glanced at the pair with hesitation. He let his guard down and bowed his head in submission. Leah's smile widened as she kneeled before it, pulling out Derek's grip and attending to its paw. Once Leah was done, Derek lightly pulled her up and dragged her with him. Before returning to the village, Leah glanced over her shoulder to see that the wolf had run off.

Suddenly, Derek pulled Leah into a tight embrace. "Thank the gods you're okay," he sighed in relief.

She giggled, "You worry too much, my love." She leaned forward and kissed his cheek.

"Come on," he pulled away and held her hand. "I will announce our marriage," he grinned, and she laughed as they walked up to the crowd.

"MAY I GET YOUR ATTENTION MY PEOPLE!" Derek's voice beamed, the music stopped, and everyone paid attention to the elite warrior. "I AM HERE TO ANNOUNCE GOOD NEWS TO YOU AS MEN AND GODS." He squeezed Leah's hand, "Leah, daughter of Samuel and I, son of a Chief, will marry!"

Everyone cheered, and he raised their locked hands high. Chants and laughter echoed through the village to the forest. The music played loud again.

Suddenly, a scream broke out, causing everyone to freeze, snapping their gaze to the forest's edge. A woman rushed out to hold her neck, and blood flowed on her clothing. Everyone gasped, "DEMONS!" She screamed, then collapsed.

Silence filled the air, then growls, hissing and stomping, then silence again. Suddenly, an army of men burst in, and everyone screamed and ran around. "Derek?" Leah whispered, holding his arm in fear.

He drew his dagger, "Hide!" He ordered, then kissed her before running ahead towards the enemy. These men were like demons. They were faster than a house, more potent than any men, and especially had stone-blooded eyes. They ripped men from limb to limb like twigs. Derek has never seen this.

Screams and groans echoed through, and fire spread. Villagers were killed, and others were running as fast as they could, but not fast enough. Derek stood strong, attacking and killing these evil creatures to save his people. Suddenly, as Derek digs his dagger into the creature's chest, a familiar scream catches his attention towards the forest.

"Leah..."

He pulled out his dagger and followed the direction he heard her ear-piercing scream. "LEAH!" He called out until he stumbled upon a scared Leah, tears running down her cheeks and a full hand wrapped around her neck. "Let her GO!" He ordered.

Full of rage, glaring at this disgusting creature, who was wearing a man's face hiding his authentic demon form. Shoulder-length midnight black hair tied into a ponytail, but blood-red eyes were staring at him with a smirk, flashing his sharp fangs.

"Tsk tsk tsk..." The creature said, tightening his grip on Leah's neck, making her whimper. "You killed my men," he said calmly with an emotionless face.

"You attacked us! I had to protect my people!" Derek yelled, glanced between frightened Leah and the wicked creature. "Let her go!" He repeated his order, clenching on his dagger.

The creature bowed his head and laughed, "Your concern is with your people than your love..." He glanced down at a sobbing Leah. "How charming..." He grinned, looking up to Derek. Tension grew, and Derek sensed something sinister about this creature. "... But you know... By saving your people, you killed my men, and I hate mere humans who can kill my own." He growled, digging his nails into Leah's as she kept her gaze at Derek, "As I always say... An eye for an eye." He kissed her head then...

The night was still, and wildfire at the village. Near the village, Derek was there holding on to a cold, lifeless body, crying out and rocking back and forth. "I'm sorry..." He cried, tightening his embrace around the body. "Come back... please..." He whispered.

Silently, a white wolf walked towards Derek without him even realizing it was standing there. As it sat there gazing down at him, a pale light broke through the clouds and shined down at Derek.

You're in pain... A feminine voice echoed into his mind, but he continued crying. They took your love's innocent life... I've been watching her since the minute she helped my wolf. Slowly, Derek looked up to see a wolf. The same wolf Leah helped. I know you're weakened by fright when fighting against those monsters, but I can give you a helping hand.

The wolf stood, and like a ghost, it was walking past Leah's lifeless body, entering through Derek's chest. As it entered him, his eyes turned silver...

Laura's POV

"I don't get it?" I said in confusion, gazing up to the sky before staring at Mother. "It doesn't explain who my father..."

"The story I told is Derek the Great—"

I cut her off, "Wait... The first Lycan!" I gasped. I didn't know how the story went on, how he became a Lycan, but his tales about his cruelty and brutality.

Mother sighed, "To start a new bloodline, you must go to the source... Derek is your father!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

264K 15.6K 47
Sometimes, the line between enemy and lover is even thinner than it appears... Monsters exist. But so do Hunters. Evelyn Del Val comes from a long li...
16.8K 460 34
The Lycans came to earth for only one thing .. MATES. One wrong decision from Lycan king changes everything in the Lycans planet. Moon goddess Durga...
801 201 14
Lycan's were the first beasts created by the moon goddess to protect gods creation; the humans, from Lucifer's creation; the Vampires. Once the dark...
2.3K 118 35
Sequel to The Rise of the Lycans. Time has changed for Laura, Queen of werewolves and a lycan. She is happy with her life with her mate, Alpha King...