Trophy Wife

By Tangotkt

Follow the life of Fiona Maria Ivanov. A girl born and living with only one goal in her life. To get away fro... More

Prologue
No Jalapeño sauce??!
The Surprise
Family advice
Sealed The Deal
Dragon Lady
Infamous in Miami
Friendship
Listen to Daddy
There's a Storm coming
New Parents
Welcome to Our Casa
Apology Kisses
Apology Kisses - II
Painful Gifts
Blasian CEO
Sister problems
Second chances
Things aren't always as they seem to be
A game of doubt
Greyson-Jackass
Motherly love
Model Mom
Not Jealous
First Interview!
Memories
Love Hurts
Spanish Fiona
The Event
Sisters Forever
Dating Greyson

A dash of daughter or two

8 1 0
By Tangotkt

I have been having a very stressful two weeks, more so than I did when I was busy with my usual schedule. Yesterday, I missed a chance to hang out with Lola because I got called in for a last minute interview the day before. So currently, I have just arrived at The Diamond hotel to visit my sister. Today is actually thanksgiving, I wanted to spend it with her but unfortunately for me, my family is so divided I can't exactly bring her with me. With her cancer, I must be gentle with some pressures around her.

"Hey! I brought Chinese." I announce as soon as I enter the penthouse, attempting to close the door whilst holding stuff on both my arms.

When I turn around though, I am met by a really tall guy with dark blue eyes and thick lips, holy shit who is this? His hair is in cornrow braids while there's some shaved on the side. His dark skin complimented his blue eyes, it was unusual but beautiful. If I do say so my self, he is smoking. The question is, who and why is he here?

"Uh.. hi?" I say awkwardly.

"Oh shit! Fiona!" My sister comes out from the kitchen in an apron and some a bowl with a spoon on her other hand.

"I brought Chinese?" I say lifting the plastic bag with goods in it.

"This is Akeem. Akeem, this is my.. sister I've told you about her." She introduces, I could see the nervousness in her voice which is why I let her continue. "Akeem and I were just.. making food."

"Oh, well this is awkward." I mumble, trying to contain my smile. Obviously this is her boyfriend or whatever.

"It's nice to finally meet you, Fiona." Akeem says walking towards me and extending his hand to me.

I lifted the stuff currently occupying both my hands and he takes it holding a soft smile. He's sweet and looks kinda intimidating but also very sweet I don't know how that goes together but it does. If he wasn't tall he would just be sweet, it's totally his height.

"You too Akeem. Seems as though someone forgot to tell me about you." I say as he takes the plastic bags and heads over to the kitchen. "Who is this?" I whisper shouted at my sister more in interest as soon as Akeem disappeared into the kitchen.

"Wait, you're not mad?"

"Well, I know he's not hurting you so why would I be mad? Should I be?"

"Oh... uhm. He's a friend. I met him a week after I arrived here in Miami. He's uh.. lonely for thanksgiving since he doesn't have a family so I thought it'd be okay if we spent it together, considering.." She trails off as she looks at me with an answer.

"I know. I'm glad I'm not your only friend you were beginning to worry me." She chuckles. "Between you and me, I think you'd do great as a couple. Just saying." She rolls her eyes and I notice her shoulders relaxing from the tension. I don't like that she's not comfortable enough to tell me, but at the same time I respect it.

"I was so worried you wouldn't approve so I made him only come when you're not around." She says taking a seat on the couch and I follow.

"Don't worry, I am happy for you. You still have a life Lola." I say rubbing her arm gently. "And as much as I want to stay though, Gabriella is being a dragon lady again, I wanted to sneak here for like an hour to get us some Chinese. Since I know you're with someone, it it okay if I see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, of course. Say hi to Kevin for me." She says and I hug her before get up heading for the door.

"I will! Bye Akeem!" I shout out as I head for the door.

On my way back to the William's residence, I decided to pass by a grocery store remembering that I need a few things for Storm. Another nice part of having the father of my child be a wealthy man is the part where I can get him quality baby stuff without being shocked by the price. Actually I still get shocked but at least I can still put it in the cart.

As soon as I park outside I make my way to the store, even if some are still closed or are close it closing, this one is always open. I know I said I had about an hour to stay with Lola but in reality, it seems i would not have made thirty minutes as Gabriella started blowing up my phone asking where I was. I found myself standing in the middle of an isle as I text her telling her that I am picking up a few things for Storm.

Just as soon as I send my text, someone speaks next to me making me jump that I almost let my phone fall but I was quick to catch it.

"What is wrong with you?! Can't you ever come up to me like a normal person??" I tried not to shout at him so I don't make a scene but he seems to quite amused by my reaction.

"You should be more aware of your surroundings." He says.

I roll my eyes as I put my hand on my hip out of annoyance. When I turn my eyes to look at what his basket is holding, I notice a few baby stuff in there. Wait he has a kid?

"Huh, this is new." I comment looking at the baby mixture.

"What?" He says looking confused, until his eyes moved to his basket. "No. It's not what it looks like, I'm babysitting." He quickly explains.

"Hey, I'm a mother too. It's actually cute." I say making my leave but we are talking about Greyson here, he definitely did not let me go so easily as he started following me around.

"You know since you said I'm cute." I roll my eyes as I continue scanning the isle. "It would help if I knew what to buy since I'll be left with my nieces all evening." He says.

"It's thanksgiving. Doesn't your family celebrate thanksgiving?" I ask as I pick up some bananas and put the in the basket. Greyson does the same thing but I don't ask about it assuming that's what he was there for too.

"On my paternal side, everyone is too busy with their own thing and my maternal side, my cousin and his wife are also somewhat busy so I'm taking care of their daughters." He says. I guess not every family likes family traditions then.

"You? You can take care of kids?" I reply, still going about getting some stuff and I notice Greyson takes everything I take. I don't question it again considering it's a good idea.

"Just because of what I said to you doesn't mean I hate kids." He replies. "But I just don't know what to get them especially because Sansa needs some uh.."-He pauses trying to find the right words when I looked at him waiting for an answer. He clears his throat nervously as his hand scratches the back of his neck-"Pads."

"Oh." I say, trying very hard to hold the laugh in me. So he needs help help. "Well, did she tell you what kind she uses?"

"She said no tampons and no wings, I know tampons but I have no idea what wings are." He replies.

I was about to answer before I found myself cackling and trying to catch my breath. Oh my goodness that's so cute! He does not seem to find it funny at all as he waited for me to continue. He always looks so in charge and so held together but right now he was struggling to get his teenage niece some pads.

"Come on, let me help you. How old is your younger niece?" I asked when we were walking.

"About 6 months old now." He says as we make our way to look for the isle for sanitary towels for women.

"Oh my goodness then you should not be taking that mixture. She's too old for that she needs something right for her age."-We reach the children's food isle before the ladies' sanitary pads isle so I was able to look for some baby milk as we walked alongside each other- "I'm no professional though but I've been doing research, I like being prepared."

I present him with the right bottle as I take mine. I don't miss how intensely his eyes look over me and how much affection they hold. He was very quiet as he let me speak but I appreciated it. It's funny that I have a son who is almost two months but my need to always be ready for a challenge ahead makes me look like I know what I'm doing. The only indication that I'm new to it is the occasional need for a breakdown when I happen to lose control.

"Thank you." Greyson says softly when we were done getting him everything. I was still continuing with my shopping and he had to hurry out before his cousin finds out he ran an errand with both his kids and left them in the car.

"And Fiona." -He stops to speak- "You're an amazing mother. I hope Kevin sees that."

With that he made his leave, now here I was again, starstruck with a heart pounding from a simple compliment. He said he hoped Kevin saw that I was an amazing mother and those words were very much appreciated. There's nothing I need more than the reassurance I have been lacked. It's the person I lacked. I don't know what's happening but I need to stop bumping into this guy he's making me question myself a lot.

.....................................................................................

Hey little bookworms, hope you're liking the book so far!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 402 56
"Why do you always avoid my questions?" "I'm not, it's just that there's nothing to say. Who would ever want to date someone they can't even talk to...
149K 3.3K 41
I was kidnapped and offered as a Virgin gift to a powerful dangerous unmerciful wicked man in order to pay off a debt. A sexually twisted Demon who...
1.3K 76 38
I am Dragomira Ivanovna. Let me tell you the story of how I became a vampire queen. Listen carefully. It is full of twists and turns, love, hate and...
273K 3.8K 42
Alejandra Martinez had the perfect life until she lost her mom and childhood to a violent tragedy that she witnessed. As a result, her dad fell into...