70s Island Flower Survivor

By NotSoAweSam

Gu Ling has just been reborn, and her marriage is stolen by her stepsister! Her stepsister Gu Ya is familiar... More

Introduction
Chapter 1: Reborn At The Age Of Twenty
Chapter 3: Gu Ling Raised Her Hand And Slapped Gu Ya!
Chapter 4: This Chapter was Locked
Chapter 5: Caught Cheating!
Chapter 6: The Gu Family's Scandal Broke Out!
Chapter 7: Gu Ling's Luggage Was Thrown Into The Sea!
Chapter 8: The House On The Island Has Collapsed!
Chapter 9: Big Mango! Coconut Water! So Delicious, It Has No Friends!
Chapter 10: Make Gu Ling Fall
Chapter 11: Fragrant Grilled Fish, A Large Basket of Crabs
Chapter 12: Gu Ling Must Be Starving, Right?
Chapter 13: Did Gu Ling Die Of Illness Today?
Chapter 14: Gu Ling Isn't Worthy Of You!
Chapter 15: Various Precious Mushrooms, Delicious To The Point Of Tears!
Chapter 16: Gu Ling, You Are Really Bad
Chapter 17: The Legendary Male God On The Island
Chapter 18: Grow Food On The Island
Chapter 19: Truth About Mother's Accident
Chapter 20: Making Ships Earns Big Money
Chapter 21: Island In Danger
Chapter 22: Gu Ling Lowered Her Head And Kissed His Leg
Chapter 23: The Most Delicious Meat I've Ever Eaten in My Life
Chapter 24: Confess Your Love to Educated Youth Gu!
Chapter 25: Liu Yanchen Is Not Capable In That Aspect!
Chapter 26: It Was Sun Xiulan Who Killed Gu Ling's Mother!
Chapter 27: Lu Yanchen, Why Are You Staring At Me?
Chapter 28: Lu Yanchen Picked Up Gu Ling Horizontally
Chapter 29: This Pearl Is A Lot Like You
Chapter 30: I Plan To Marry Her, But I Haven't Won Her Over Yet
Chapter 31: Ling Ling, Be My Superior!
Chapter 32: It Would Be For The Best If He Couldn't Do It!
Chapter 33: Gu Ya Was Beaten Until She Became Deaf!
Chapter 34: I Have Someone Now
Chapter 35: If You Die, I Will Marry Someone Else Immediately!
Chapter 36: Did Mom Also Lose Hope Like This?
Chapter 37: Gu Ling Hugged Her And Cried Bitterly
Chapter 38: That's How Expectations Disappear Little By Little
Chapter 39: Lu Yanchen Pressed Down And Kissed Her
Chapter 40: Let's Get Married!
Chapter 41: Get A Marriage Certificate
Chapter 42: Good In Every Way, Including That Aspect
Chapter 43: It's The Bridal Chamber!
Chapter 44: Find A Way To Make Money!
Chapter 45: I am Gu Ling's Father
Chapter 46: Deadbeat Father And Wicked Stepmother In Jail!
Chapter 47: Complete Text

Chapter 2: Want To Get Back Her Salary

4.7K 82 1
By NotSoAweSam

Gu Ling went back to her room and rummaged through to find a bottle of safflower oil with only a little bit left in it. She treated her wounds. The pain in her legs made her feel a bit uncomfortable, and as she thought back to her last life and this life, she couldn't help but feel sad.

When she was nine years old, her own mother was on a business trip to Hainan when the boat encountered a storm and overturned. The person never came back.

Half a year later, her father, Gu Changjian, was introduced to meet Sun Xiulan, and they quickly married. Sun Xiulan brought her own daughter, Chen Ya, who is half a year younger than Gu Ling, into the family. Chen Ya's surname was changed to Gu upon entering the family, which pleased Gu Changjian, and he treated Chen Ya kindly.

However, it did not take long for Sun Xiulan and Gu Ya to sing one's praises and the other constantly snatching a lot of good things from Gu Ling.

Whenever Gu Ling wanted to react, Sun Xiulan would kneel down and cry, begging her, "It's all because I didn't educate Yaya well. Ling Ling, if you want to blame me, blame me! You hit me, you scold me, as long as you can relieve your anger!"

And each time, it ended without any resolution.

On the surface, Sun Xiulan favored Gu Ling, but in reality, all the benefits were taken up by Gu Ya and Gu Xiaobin.

Later, when she married into the Yu family, she didn't experience a single happy day. She constantly tolerated for the sake of her husband, children, and mother-in-law, until she developed cancer...

Sometimes Gu Ling would fantasize that one day her own mother would suddenly come back, smile, and hold her in her arms, telling her that there was someone else in the world who truly loved her.

Gu Ling took a deep breath, discarded those pessimistic thoughts, and began to think about her own affairs. She is now working in the food factory, and every month her salary is handed over to Sun Xiulan. Every time, Sun Xiulan referred to it as "borrowing", but in fact, she never returned it.

She intends to get all of that money back. Additionally, she intended to bring back a portion of the property left by her biological mother. Afterward, she would move to the dormitory at the food factory. She didn't want to entangle herself with Sun Xiulan and her daughter any longer.

As for her biological father, Gu Changjian, he was a confused man. Living with someone like him would likely shorten her own life.

As for the Yu family, it is impossible for her to marry again in this life. She will not tolerate anyone anymore. Going to work and making money is all for her own happiness. Why bother to work hard for others?

Of course, if it were possible, she even considered exploring other places, venturing outside, and seeing the world. After all, in her past life, she hadn't left the city for several decades...

While she was lost in thought, she heard the sound of a bicycle bell outside. Sun Xiulan enthusiastically smiled at Yu Mingxin, who walked in. ''Aiya, Mingxin, you're here? Have you eaten dinner yet? If not, Auntie will cook you a bowl of noodles! "

Yu Mingxin handed her the specially bought pastries from his hand. "Auntie, you're too polite; I've already eaten; I'm here to look for Gu Ling; I want to meet her."

After their initial meeting, Yu Mingxin fell in love at first sight with Gu Ling, the veritable flower of the food factory. Her slender figure, gentle temperament, features so delicate that they couldn't be faulted, fair and soft skin, and luscious black hair left his entire being falling directly into the trap.

While Gu Ling actually didn't feel much toward Yu Mingxin, Sun Xiulan persuaded her: "Your father works at the pharmaceutical factory, but his body is not very good. If you can marry in the Yu family, you can help your father's career. In addition, the Yu family conditions are good, and you marrying over makes us all feel assured. Your father is so worried about you that he couldn't sleep properly."

Oh, couldn't sleep, probably due to the anxiety of figuring out how to use her to gain money, right?

Gu Ling sat in the room without moving. Sun Xiulan shouted, "Ling Ling, Mingxin is here; come out!"

Yu Mingxin is not bad-looking, with decent features, but he wasn't very tall, just under 1.8 meters. He stood in the courtyard of the Gu family with great anticipation.

Sure enough, Gu Ling opened the door of the room and stepped out. Her lustrous black hair and fair complexion, with eyes like a spring lake, added a touch of radiance to the originally shabby house!

The two of them had met twice in private. Yu Mingxin intended to get in touch again and increase their feelings!

Gu Ling didn't pay any attention to him. She, instead, looked to the loving Sun Xiulan and said, "My bike is so broken that it's beyond repair; that's why I fell today. These trousers have been torn several times; now there's simply no way to sew them again. So, give me all the one hundred and eighty-seven dollars of my salary that I deposited with you before. I want to go and buy a new bike, and then give me two more cloth tickets, and I'll go and buy a new pair of trousers."

Because Yu Mingxin had come, the neighbors nearby poked their heads in to see what was going on. Sun Xiulan's face turned red upon hearing Gu Ling's request in front of Yu Mingxin and the neighbors, and she began to feel suspicious!

Gu Ling never dared to speak to her directly like this before. What's wrong today?

But she couldn't cry in front of Yu Mingxin, could she? Her reputation as a good stepmother, which she had managed to build up with great difficulty, couldn't be spoiled.The bicycle had to be bought, and the pants had to be bought!

Sun Xiulan immediately laughed and said, ''Aiyo, Ling Ling, Mom knows. You're finally willing to get a new bike! That bicycle was left to you by your biological mother, and you can't bear to replace it. You keep riding that old one. I've said several times that it's time for a new one. And the pants too; you're so young, yet you're so attached to the old. I've mentioned many times that I want to buy new pants for you, but you've been refusing. Well, you go out with Mingxin and have a chat. You can discuss the bicycle and the new pants. I'll take care of it for you! "

This way, the neighbors who were watching, as well as Yu Mingxin, would surely think that Sun Xiulan was still a good stepmother. After all, she had taken care of her stepdaughter's needs. The bicycle and new pants had been promised, hadn't they?

But Gu Ling just smiled and said, "I knew you were different from other stepmothers. When you asked for my wages before, you said you'd give them to me anytime I needed them, and I just handed them over to you honestly. I believe that you will never find any excuses to withhold my salary. After all, Gu Ya manages her own salary, and just last week, she bought a new dress. So now, please give me the money and tickets. It's perfect; I'm going to go shopping with Yu Mingxin, and he can help me pick some items."

After she finished, she also laughed at the onlooking Yu Mingxin and a few neighbors. "This stepmother of mine is different from other stepmothers. She never uses any excuses to keep my wages. She gives it when she gives it and doesn't when she doesn't, right?"

Sun Xiulan gritted her teeth. If she hadn't thought that after Gu Ling married into the Yu family, they could get several hundred just from the betrothal gifts, she would never have agreed to hand over the one hundred and eighty dollars today!

In the end, Sun Xiulan reluctantly handed over the money and coupons. She even put on a loving mother's facade, saying, "Ling Ling, go ahead. As long as our Ling Ling is happy, that's better than anything!"

Gu Ling took the money and felt relieved. No matter when or by whom a promise is made, money in your own pocket is more reliable.

Meanwhile, Gu Ya, who had been watching them closely, her eyes sink and swallowed hard.

In the scenario she had set up:〚Yu Mingxin and Gu Ling go out on a date, Gu Ling refuses the betrothal, Yu Mingxin is in a bad mood, finds a friend to drink, and then drunkenly meets her Gu Ya, and logically, the person who married into the Yu family becomes Gu Ya〛

She didn't need to rush. After all, this world was her creation.

Seeing that Gu Ling went out with Yu Mingxin, Sun Xiulan was not in a good mood and turned her head to Gu Ya: "The day after tomorrow you'll be going to the island. Mom has packed your luggage. Remember, when you get to the island you must find a way to get in touch with that Chief Lu, okay? If you can become the wife of the chief, then our family will be in great shape! By then, if you can bring up your brother, won't he be a cadre too?"

Thinking about Gu Ling marrying into the Yu family to provide money for Xiao Bin in the future and Gu Ya marrying the colonel to pave the way for Xiao Bin in the regime, Sun Xiulan's mood immediately changed for the better.

Seeing that her daughter was not too happy, Sun Xiulan whispered again, "Don't worry, it won't be too hard on the island. When Gu Ling marries into the Yu family, Mom will definitely find a way to pull money out of her mouth and send it to you!"

Gu Ya gave a bitter chuckle. Send it? Before they left for the island, they were told that communication with the mainland would be possible once a month, but during their second month on the island, the communication ship had broken down, completely cutting off contact between the island and the mainland.

Anyway, she couldn't explain it clearly to her mother, and she wouldn't go to this island even if she was dead!

Didn't the Gu family have to send out someone to be an educated youth? She thought that once her affair with Yu Mingxin was exposed, they could send Gu Ling to the island.

***

On their date, Gu Ling followed Yu Mingxin out of the Gu family's front door without taking more than a few steps. Yu Mingxin couldn't stop looking at her with a look full of adoration, and Gu Ling knew that in no time at all, Yu Mingxin would take out a necklace and give it to her, saying that it was a token of love for the two of them and that he'd take out a love letter and read it out to her in a twisted way.

Even towards the end of the date, he lowered his head and gently kissed her on the forehead.

To be honest, the reason why she decided to marry Yu Mingxin in her last life was that she had genuinely liked him, especially when he awkwardly read her love letters with the nervousness of a pure-hearted boy.

In the early days of their marriage, Yu Mingxin's love for her had been sincere, which was why she had worked so hard to help him with his business, learning various trades.

But this man's love was too short-lived and too worthless.

Therefore, before Yu Mingxin opened his mouth to speak, Gu Ling looked at him faintly and said, "Yu Mingxin, I don't think I'm right for you; let's not have any more dealings in the future!"

The man in front of her instantly looked at her in dismay and then asked anxiously, "Why? Gu Ling, didn't we get along quite well the last time we met? Also, our families are all discussing the matter of betrothal; you, how do you..."

Gu Ling curled her lips and smiled. That shallow smile was so enchanting and beautiful that it momentarily captivated Yu Mingxin even more.

The girl who was as beautiful as a fairy in front of him looked at him coldly and said, "It's because of the two meetings that I realized you're not my type."

Yu Mingxin hurriedly asked, "Then what type do you like? Maybe I can change it; change it to what you like!"

Gu Ling looked at him with amusement. Some things were something Yu Mingxin would never understand. What she likes is a man who is frank and sincere, a man who has courage and bravado as well as gentleness and sincerity, not a man like Yu Mingxin, who treats love as a game and relies on a woman to get to the top of the social ladder while flirting with others.

"Well, you're not the one I'm looking for. Anyway, we have nothing more to discuss. Goodbye."

As Gu Ling turned to leave, Yu Mingxin's breathing grew faster. He couldn't afford to let such a beautiful girl slip away. He really liked Gu Ling; even if Gu Ling didn't agree, he had to force her to agree!

Taking her first kiss, let's see how she can still like other types of men!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.9K 372 50
A collection of oneshots about Ben and Bailey
129K 2.3K 130
most buddie but it'll have the others and will probably have some chapters about Bobby being a dad.
29.2K 201 187
Author: 姜葱蒜 Status: Completed Total Chapters: 474 On the verge of her debut, she unexpectedly died. When she woke up, she had transmigrated into a fi...
57.4K 947 150
2nd Part of "Farming and raising cubs: The vicious female supporting role is favored by the whole family" by Huang Ruo Chen Xi