Komi Komi Literature Club!

Par Alex13Creations

A small new Literature Club appears in Komi's school and catches her interest. In an effort to make more frie... Plus

Chapter 1: The School Festival
Chapter 2: The Invitation
Chapter 3: The Guest
Chapter 4: The Interruption
Chapter 5: The Kindred Spirit
Chapter 6: The Concern
Chapter 7: The Slump
Chapter 8: The Short Poem
Chapter 9: The Incident
Chapter 10: The Backstory
Chapter 11: The Boy With Curly Hair
Chapter 12: The Full Club
Chapter 13: The Rainy Day
Chapter 14: The Friend Group
Chapter 15: The Circle
Chapter 16: The Group Chat
Chapter 17: The Cute Clothes
Chapter 18: The Silence
Chapter 19: The Walk Home
Chapter 20: The Guy Friend
Chapter 21: The Bad Dream
Chapter 22: The Garden
Chapter 23: The Arcade Date
Chapter 24: The Arcade (Part One)
Chapter 25: The Arcade (Part Two)
Chapter 26: The Cafe
Chapter 27: The Skate Rink
Chapter 28: The Black Cat Cupcakes
Chapter 29: The Guys' Sleepover
Chapter 30: The Delusion Dates
Chapter 31: The Winter Season Begins!
Chapter 32: The Cold Sets In
Chapter 33: The Chuunibyou
Chapter 34: The Snow Day
Chapter 36: The Winter Poems
Chapter 37: The Exchange
Chapter 38: The Attention
Chapter 39: The Joys of Winter
You have unlocked a special poem! Would you like to read it?
Chapter 41: The Train Ride
Chapter 42: The First Day At Kyoto
Chapter 43: The First Night At Kyoto
Chapter 44: The Second Day At Kyoto (M/S)
Chapter 45: The Second Day At Kyoto (N/Y)
Chapter 46: The Second Night At Kyoto
Chapter 47: The Ride Home
Chapter 48: The Encouragement
Chapter 49: The Valentine
You have unlocked a special poem! Would you like to read it?

Chapter 35: The Altercation

24 1 0
Par Alex13Creations

In a very short period of time, the city had become covered in a glistening sheet of white snow. With her scarf carefully wrapped around her neck and her school bag in hand, Komi took extra care on her walk to school today.

The snow-covered scenery seemed to add extra emphasis to the chill cutting through the air.

Komi entered into Itan High and made her way to her locker where Tadano was already getting his things. He looked up at her with a smile as she approached.

"Good morning, Komi! How did you enjoy the day off?" He asked, standing up straight now.

"Mm," Komi hummed, taking a moment to pull her notebook out of her bag. "It was nice."

"Good! I'm glad. We had some issues with our power, but thankfully it wasn't out for very long, haha." Tadano said.

As Komi and Tadano were beginning to chat, another student was arriving early to Itan High. His name: Makoto Katai. Nothing was really known about him since he just started showing up this winter season, but the first impression he gave off to people was not a favorable one.

Katai was a pretty tall guy with a muscular build. He dyed his hair blonde and had it brushed back to give himself a new style to try out. He didn't know how to tie a tie properly so he never bothered to wear it, preferring to keep the top button of his collared shirt unbuttoned.

On the outside, his expression was stoic. He would try to force a friendly, welcoming smile, which would only give off a wicked smile like he was ready to cause trouble; this only further added to the intimidating persona that his peers had placed upon him.

However, Katai did have one friend at Itan High: Hitohito Tadano. From his first day there, Tadano was happy to help Katai adjust to things at the school. He was grateful to have someone like Tadano who was willing to stick his neck out for him.

So he was quite surprised by what he saw as he walked into school this morning.

"Hey! Morning, Tadano! Sup, Komi?" Alex greeted them, walking straight to them.

"Mm!" Komi flinched in surprise, not expecting to see Alex come around in his hoodie and mask again. However, she knew it was him this time, so she quickly greeted him with a written out, "Good morning!"

"Oh, good morning, Alex. Are you still feeling sick?" Tadano asked, noting that Alex was wearing his mask again.

"Yeahhh, just a little. It isn't too bad, but I've been sneezing and my nose is still a little runny. I hate my sneezes, man. Sneezing makes the back of my throat all dry and itchy, and then the itchiness makes me sneeze again. Happens every time." Alex complained.

"Oh wow, that sounds rough." Tadano said.

"Have you been taking any medicine?" Komi asked.

"Yeah, I took some stuff this morning. I hate the taste of medicine. But I should be alright in a couple days." Alex said with a little sniffle.

"I hope you feel better soon." Komi expressed her concern.

"Me too, man, me too." Alex said, shaking his head.

"If it gets any worse, you might want to see a doctor." Tadano suggested.

"Nah, it's just the weather. Although it might be nice to get some extra time off school. I'm sure you'd like that, wouldn't ya, Tadano?" Alex joked.

"Huh? No, I wasn't saying that." Tadano said quickly, not yet realizing that Alex was teasing him.

"Oh yeah. You just hate me, don't cha? And after we had that sleepover?" Alex feigned being offended and playfully pushed Tadano into the lockers, causing Komi's eyes to widen in surprise.

"Alex." Tadano looked at him.

"Come on, Tadano, put 'em up!" Alex continued to mess with him, putting his fists up and acting as if he was getting into a fighting stance.

"Oh no! Tadano's in trouble! I don't know who that guy is, but he's bullying my friend! And right in front of Komi! My mentor! I...she's not doing anything. She must be looking to me to intervene! Yes, of course. I have to stand up for my friend!

"I'm coming to save you, Tadano!" Katai exhaled sharply through his nose. He quickly made his way over to Alex. He walked up behind him and pressed a firm hand on his shoulder.

Flinching at the touch, Alex turned his head and looked up at Katai. He wasn't expecting someone taller to suddenly come up behind him and grab his shoulder. His eyes widened for a moment before narrowing. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"O-Oh god...those eyes...I gotta focus. I need to make sure that he's not fighting with my friend, Tadano. I'll just ask politely." Katai thought to himself. He took in a breath through his nose before flashing his signature creepy smile.

"Is there a problem?" He asked in a low, seemingly threatening voice.

This quickly put Komi on edge now. She'd seen Katai before, and while he hadn't actually done anything, he was just so naturally intimidating to her. And now he seemed to be challenging Alex, or at least trying to instigate him somehow!

She felt like there was nothing she could do.

"Uh oh! That didn't sound right at all! I gotta...I can't do anything now! I'm so anxious!" Katai started to panic internally, shaking slightly. His grip on Alex's shoulder tightened, and his shaking caused him to lightly jostle Alex before he shook himself free.

"Is there a problem?" Alex questioned, speaking much more defensively now.

"U-Um, I think there's been some kind of a misunderstanding," Tadano quickly chimed in, sensing the rising tension in the room. "Alex, this is my friend Katai from class. Katai, this is my friend Alex." He introduced the two of them.

"Y-Your...friend...?" Katai repeated, now looking confused.

"Who now?" Alex asked, looking at Tadano.

"Yeah! Katai is still getting to know everyone, hahaha. Katai, Alex here is from America! Isn't that neat?" Tadano brought up to hopefully steer things away from the confrontational atmosphere and start up a conversation.

"America? That's...interesting." Katai said slowly, now looking at Alex with curiosity and astonishment even though the apprehension was still present.

"Yeah," Alex confirmed with a nod, sliding his mask down for a moment. "Never seen you around before. Nice to meet you." He introduced himself, offering a handshake.

"Y-Yeah, you as well." Katai replied more formally, shaking hands with him. "He has such a firm grip. I gotta hold it together. I feel like I'm gonna pass out. Do you see me, Sensei-Komi? Am I doing well?!" Katai looked towards Komi.

Although she was remaining stoic, inside she was still concerned as well as confused. Was a fight not just about to break out? Were they okay now? They were shaking hands, so that was a sign of peace, wasn't it? What had spurred on any of this in the first place?

She also had developed increased respect for Tadano in that moment. She had always admired his ability to read the room in a way that she never could, but he had done such a smooth job of diffusing a potential problem with just a few sentences.

She could only dream of being like that one day.

The school bell rang, signaling that class was going to start soon. All four of them looked around, realizing that they needed to hurry and gather their things so they could get to class on time.

"Shoot, gotta go. Uh, see ya. See ya, Komi." Alex said quickly, pulling his mask back on and hurrying towards his locker.

"Oh yeah, see ya, Alex. Oh hey! Why don't you come over and we can have lunch together; you, me, and Katai?" Tadano offered.

"Huh?" Katai looked at Tadano in surprise. "He's inviting me to hang out?! What a perfect opportunity to get closer to Tadano! And meet this new guy too...I hope he's nice."

"Uh, yeah, sure. I'll come find ya in the commons area then!" Alex said, pointing to Tadano as he started walking off, "And I'll see you at the meeting!" He pointed to Komi before hurrying off.

Komi waved to Alex before turning towards the others. She already had her things in hand. Tadano grabbed his things from his locker.

"Um...later." Katai said awkwardly before rushing off to class first.

"Uh, see ya in a second!" Tadano said before looking at Komi, "Well...shall we go to class?" He asked her with a smile.

"Oh! Mhmm!" Komi nodded.

Tadano nodded in return and smiled again. Then the two walked to class together...

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

47.7K 441 8
You're just a regular teenage school guy who gets picked on because of your obsession with anime.. You didn't really think nothing of it after a whil...
18.7K 530 13
Yuri once thought joining the literature club would be the best thing that happened to her, but after meeting one of their members whom she'd develop...
73.8K 2.3K 38
Sayori is in love, that's the only explanation there can be to the way she feels about Monika, the most popular and beautiful girl in school. Natsuk...
110 0 15
Best friends with Sayori since the day you entered first grade, of course you'd be the first person she invites to the literature club, and thus mark...