One Summer Day (BWWM)

Oleh akuaaaadan

Cléo is in her junior year of college. She's sworn of love because she never truly saw it in a positive aspec... Lebih Banyak

CHARACTER LIST
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40

CHAPTER 23

1K 43 1
Oleh akuaaaadan

Admitting I liked Roman out loud wasn't how I pictured the night going. I had been denying what I had been feeling about him for so long that finally admitting to it was like a weight lifted off my shoulder, but why did my chest feel heavy  and my stomach fill up with knots. Was it the fear of rejection? Was it doubt? Or was it me just being a chronic over thinker.

"But Yon, what if he doesn't feel the same way?" And she gives me a look that says otherwise. "Don't say dumb things like that Cléo, anyone can tell that man is obsessed with you," She says like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Yeah, but what if he's just doing this because I'm just the warm available body he can always come back to," I spew out nonsense at this point. I mean I know, ok maybe there's an inkling that Roman feels the same way I do but I don't want to assume and be wrong and look like an absolute idiot. And I would want verbal confirmation because I start becoming delusional about people who don't feel the same.

"Jagi, you and I both know that Roman's only friends are Tako and Jeno, and newly Theodore. Also you already know how long it took you two to even get accustomed with each other and I don't think anyone has as much patience as you do," She says. I sigh, "I know but," She cuts me off, "No buts Cléo, everyone knows he likes you and you evidently like him back as well, now I just need the two of you to admit this to each other and all will be well with the world," She affirms.

"Now go put on something nice, we haven't gone out together in a long time, just me and you, no boys," She says and I smile. Didn't realize  how much I missed my best friend.

 𓈈

Making my way back to the dorm, I couldn't help and exhale loudly. It's been a crazy 24 hours and Cléo isn't making it easy on me. I decide to stop by Tako's apartment since I promise to come back, even though I'm coming back later than I promised. 

Without even knocking, I  walk into the apartment and take a seat on the couch. He comes out of the bathroom, trash bag in and looks at me, "I was starting to think you were never coming back," I roll my eyes in annoyance. 

"I told you I would come back, I had to make sure Cléo was okay, and I'm back right," I reply back sharply. 

"Since when did "be right back" translate to 3 hours," He sarcastically questions and I sigh.

"Alright man I get, I didn't realize how much time had passed, I apologize," I reply back in an apologetic tone. 

He laughs, "Ay man I was just joking around, I know how you get around Cléo, it's okay," I scoff at him. I snatch the trash bag from his hand and pick up the scattered cups on the counter.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean," I continue picking up the rest of the trash on his counter, not hearing a response I look at him to find him staring back at me.

"Oh spare me the excuses Roman, you and I both know that you like Cléo, everyone in the friend group does, well minus Theodore but he'll come to learn, actually scratch that I think he already knows," He says emphasizing already. 

"Well what makes you think I even like Cléo, and I'm not saying because I don't think she's likable, because she's a very likable person, she's caring and patient and extremely thoughtful. Sometimes I feel like I don't even deserve to know some like her, she's just so," I pause noticing Tako was just silently observing while I spewed my guts out about Cléo. I sigh in defeat, "Yeah okay maybe I have a may have developed a tiny crush, but can you blame me?" I ask.

"Honestly, no. I could tell from how close y'all have been lately," He confesses and chuckles," I haven't seen you so close to a girl, willingly since high school and it's been 3 years man," I roll my eyes but laugh along with him. 

"We've come a long way man," I say reminiscing our past. He nods in agreement and we continue to clean up the rest of his apartment. I'm shocked he didn't get reported last for the noise. It wasn't relatively loud but I guess his neighbors are pretty chill.

An hour or so goes by and we finally get Tako's apartment back together. Having no other things planned for tonight we decided to just chill for the rest of the night. Tako being Tako decided to light up a joint. We went ahead and invited Theo and Jeno over just to relax a play some games, having nothing better to do. 

The apartment was filled with laughter and the faint smell of weed floated around the room. 

"Yeah one time I was hooking up with girl and she asked me if I could call her my sweet little school girl, dick went limp instantly," Tako says and we all fall out of our seats dying. "Who the f*ck asks to be called a sweet little school girl," Jeno gasps out barely containing his laughter.

"I learned my lesson from that day to never hook up with a white girl, no matter how hot she is," We all sober up from the laughter and switch the conversation.

"Jeno man I've got to hand it to you, you and Yonhee are a great couple, how did you do it," Theodore says munching on a slice of pizza. Tako and I glance at each other and laugh, "It took him a couple years for him to finally grow some balls, he's been pining on her since freshman orientation and he finally got the girl 3 years later," Jeno laughs sarcastically, "Yeah yeah. but out of all of us here who can say they have a girl? Me so therefore I'm instantly better than you all," He says shrugging his shoulder in a cocky manner. 

"Wait," Theodore turns to look at me, "You're telling me you and Cléo are not together ?" Tako gives me look that says I told you so. I roll my eyes and sigh, "No Cléo and I are not together," I reiterate. "Friends with benefits?" He continues, "Stop," I say in a warning tone. He raises his hand in surrender, "I didn't mean any harm mate, I just assumed by how close you guys seem to be that you were .." He trailed off. 

"Then if you lot  are not together, why you always around her ?" He asks curiously, I know he has no ill intent with this question but it's getting frustrating hearing the same question over and over again. "I like her," I blurt out. I chuckle in disbelief, "Yeah I like Cléo, but I'm too scared to ruin what we have now," I admit. "What we have is good and nice, and I could ruin that by getting into a relationship with her," I rub my face in exhaustion.

"But relationships are all about risks man, you can't just stop because you're afraid of the risks. Everything we do in this is life is a risk," Tako responds. 

"I mean take me and Yon for example, I didn't take the risk for 3 years and y'all where on me about it, so what's so different from your situation," Jeno adds. "We're not saying do it now, work at your own pace, but don't deny whatever you guys have. It's genuine," Tako finishes off giving me a reassuring smile.

Before we can continue the conversation we're cut off by Jeno's phone ringing. The smile that appears on his face was enough to signify who was calling him. "Mm jagi," He says in a loving tone. His expression changes quickly, "Where are you?" He says worriedly, "Are you alone ?" He says getting  up from the couch. "You're with Cléo," He turn towards me now I'm worried. 

"Okay, we're on our way just stay there," I instantly walk up towards the door with Jeno. We send a quick bye to Theo and Tako and leave towards Jeno's car. 

I didn't even ask Jeno why we were in such a rush. I heard the urgency in his tone and Cléo being mentioned and that's all I needed to know. I try calling Cléo but the call doesn't goes through, worrying me even more. "Dude where are they?" I asked worriedly. "Saxy," I had every right to be worried.

We make it to the club and I don't wait for Jeno to stop the car before I jump out.  I survey the entrance to find two girls  snuggled against each other giggling. Yonhee is the first to notice me and her eyes widen in surprise, "Roman you're here!" She exclaimed. I walk towards them and make sure I have a proper hold on them.  I feel Yonhee being grabbed from me, I turn around to pounce on whoever grabbed her to find Jeno holding unto her. 

"Baby, I missed you,"She says softly to him and I turn away from them and focus my attention back on Cléo. "Let go of me heathen, I don't know you," She grumbles out drunkly. I chuckle in amusement. "What's gonna happen if I don't," I say wrapping my arms around her waist. She stares up at me in her drunken state her hands finding their to my face and caressing it. They stop at my lips and I inhale sharply.

"You're really pretty," She says lowly, I almost miss it, "You remind me of my friend Rom, his name is Roman but I call him Rom because I think it's cute," She says dropping her hand from my face, I exhale sharply. What is this girl doing to me. She lays her head on my chest and rests there. 

"Your heart is beating really fast, are you okay?" She asks looking at me again and I nod, "Yeah I'm okay let's just get you home." I say as we walk to Jeno's car. 

I get her situated next to me and we begin the journey back to the apartments. "You want me to drop you off at their place, Yon is staying over with me," Jeno asks, "I'll just take her over to mine," I reply back. He nods and drives back to our complex.  

Getting Cléo back into my room was much hard than I expected it to be. "Cléo, come on, work with me here," I say trying to get her on the elevator. Deciding that arguing with a drunk Cléo is not really going anywhere I carry her bridal style and her face snuggles into my neck with ease.

We make it into my room and I lay her down on my bed softly. I take off her shoes and put them on my shoes rack and take mine of as well. I make my way into my bathroom and wash my hands. I walk back the bedroom and slightly shake Cléo up. I know the last thing she wants is to be awake right now but I know she would hate it even more to know that she fell asleep with makeup on.

"Come on, let's get your makeup off," She huffs and puts her arms my neck. My hands grab her hips and she wraps her legs around me. We make our way back to the bathroom and I put her on the sink counter. I grab the cleansing water thing she told me about and a clean face towel to clean her face. I take off her lashes and out them into a place for safe keeping. I wipe her face and I try to be gentle. 

There's no words spoken between us, it's a comfortable silence. She flutters her eyes open when I'm finally done and I can't help but admire her. Her beautiful brown eyes, the mole under her eye that you can see only if you're close enough. The beauty mark under her left eyebrow and her two-toned cupid bow lips. Her cute button nose. I sigh in content.

"Beautiful, so beautiful," I whisper lowly looking into her  eyes. She gives me a small smile before leaning into me. I kiss her forehead and carry her back into the room. 

I help her shimmy out of her jeans looking away and making sure she was comfortable before turning back around to find her snuggled in my bed. 

I smile in content. It couldn't get better than this.

HELLLLOOOOO OMGGG ROMAN IS SO CUTE AND THOUGHTFUL ?? I WISH MEN LIKE THIS ACTUALLY EXISTED. also Rom and Cléo finally coming to terms with their feelings ??!? But when will they admit to each other hmmmmm. Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter and seeing things from Romans perspective.

ALSO FREE PALENSTINE !!!! 

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.7K 75 27
Coral is a hometown beach girl filled with nothing but ambition and helplessness. Her past brings back trauma to her life, which causes her to have a...
13.8K 660 22
Summer Brinkley is thrilled to be promoted to a job in California, where her best friend from college lives. She is sad to find out Dana won't be the...
704 20 29
One night labels Summer a cheater. ... Summer's whole life changes after a one-night mistake shatters everything she holds important. She suddenly fi...
271 0 46
What do you do when your smart, handsome, well-liked step brother and two of his friends force you to have sex with them in your own bedroom? Do you...