Defamation [Neuvillette X Rea...

Por Corflos

Justice is not at all what it seems in Fontaine. [Does contain heavy topics] Más

Introduction
The Nutcracker
The Wish
Rohrette
The Comedian
A Court's Fool
The Rain
The Juggler
Tides
Dramatics
'Not Detective'
Interview
Riot
Stakeout
Press Conference
Detention
Infierno
Purgatory
Beret
The Opportunist
Letters
Delinquent
Milkshake Party
The Limit
Sword
Intervention
The Trial
Lovers' Duel
Injustice

Waltz

753 39 7
Por Corflos

Office day rolled around again, this one in particular is a special case. After Neuvillette had seen your cramped closet of an office he offered to share some space in his own vast office with you. You didn't want to abuse the privilege so you'd only accept the offer once in a while.

When he was not at the Opera Epiclese attending trials he spent most of his time at his office in Palais Mermonia. For his position his office must be exquisite and elegant. While he likes the solitude the place feels rather empty at times. He is interested in the letters you receive from the Melusines, when he's walked around the city he once spotted them drawing a endearing pictures to send to you.

Arriving to his office you were imaging where he'd let you sit. On one side of his office he had a really antique but intricate clock though on the other side was a beautiful musical phonograph next to the otter plushy he held hostage. Either way there was plenty of space in that office of his, anywhere would feel elegant to sit.

"Aw that's no fair, you get to spend a day with the Iudex all to yourself."
a whine from the gestionnaire

"I'm not here for leisure, I still have work to do"
dangling the bag of letters you have to go through

Entering his office you felt both nervous and excited, normally anyone wouldn't want their boss monitoring them constantly as they work. He wasn't just any boss, he was Neuvillette and you greatly appreciate him for a whole lot.

You were surprised to see that he had shifted a smaller and lower table right next to his desk. Out of all the space in the room, was it necessary for you to be sat so close to him? You can't help but fear you may get distracted too easily.

"Good morning, just do as you naturally would."
He extends his hand towards the desk invitingly

"Alright, Is there a reason I have to sit so close?"
you questioned, there was plenty of space elsewhere and you didn't want to be a bother either.

"Is there an issue with you sitting here?"
he tilts his head

"Oh, no no. Sorry that must've come off as rude."

"Then please, make yourself comfortable."

It was generous enough to even let you have the privilege to be there so any spot should suffice. If he wanted you sat there then you needn't question his judgement. Wasting no more time you plopped down and dumped the pile of letters onto the desk.

Though he invited you he's still not accustomed to having company. So at the sound of the letters messily falling onto your desk he couldn't help but glance. There was an awkward silent atmosphere at first, you could feel his intensive gaze on you.

"Am I being disruptive?"
you glance back at him

"Not at all, just pretend as though i'm not even here"
he turns back to his own work

"Okay, feel free to do the same. I don't want to get in the way of your important work either."

The awkward silence returns, you would initiate casual conversation if the circumstances were different. So instead you focused deeply onto sorting out the letters. Some of them were in colorful envelopes decorated with adorable stickers.

The first one you opened was from Kiara, a sweet yet forgetful melusine part of the Marechaussee Phantom. She had sent you a self portrait of herself in a frilly designer dress with the caption,

You should come to Chioriya Boutique, i'm going to be in a fashion show for children's clothes. She drew an arrow towards the drawing, this is me when it happens. The day is.. is... (•͈ 𓎟 •͈ ) i'll have to ask Eloffe again, i'll keep you updated.

You giggled at her drawing making sure to be aware of an update so you can support her. The sound of your laughter drew his eyes back onto you, curiously he leaned over to look at the letter.

So much for pretending he wasn't there, you thought to yourself noticing him leaning to peak. A mischievous idea pops into your mind. You subtly shift a bit further away, causing him a little difficulty to see the letter properly.

"Well that's not very nice"
he hums in discontent

"Haha, I'm only joking. If you want to see, just say so. Otherwise your silent stare will only make me nervous."

"Apologies, I am told my mannerisms are a bit awkward at times."

"Kiara is going to be modeling clothes."
you hand him the letter so he can see the drawing properly

"She is a bubbly one. Inform me of the date, perhaps we can support her together?"

"I'm sure she'd really like seeing you there as-well."
You can already imagine how crowded it'll become with his presence.

As you opened more letters the awkward tension slowly eased. When you saw something you wanted to share you simply poked his shoulder and he didn't seem disturbed at all. In fact he was quite entertained going through the letters with you.
Though he has a huge pile of documents to read, he's fortunate to be an efficient reader so spending some time astray didn't raise an issue at all.

Seeing the way you dedicated yourself made him so sure that you were the best person for this job. While Neuvillette is not known to make close personal relationships, he does have few confidants. You happen to be one he sees on a daily basis compared to the others, so it's inevitable for him to form a sort of closeness. It seems the line of professionalism and indifference has become a little smudged when it comes to you.

"Oh, Muirne wrote quite a detailed letter."
the enveloped was titled, Thoughts

"She tends to ponder a lot"
he recounts the times he stood with her, both lost in deep thoughts as they stared at the ocean.

The letter read:

Humans are cute but, why are they silly? Perhaps you could enlighten me since you are considered to be eccentric by society. As I was deep in thought one day I had various people come up to me with worried expressions, they thought I was upset. Is it because their eyes aren't as good as us melusines to properly understand sense emotions. While I appreciate their empathy there was no need for it.

There are some things that confuse me, things my eyes cannot help with. Just the other day heavy rain began to pour, naturally everyone sought shelter and dryness. However there was a couple that remained out, they didn't seem to care about the rain. Though what really confused me was when the two began to dance in an unfamiliar yet mesmerizing way. They held each other closely turning rhythmically to nothing but the sound of rain, it looked as though they were gliding. I've never seen a dance like that before, but more importantly why did they think that was the best time for it? <( •᷄•́)>

Ps* Trow mentioned the described dance was popular at the Opera Epiclese a long time ago. Could you look into it for me?

"Gliding..."
you muttered, the dance sounded familiar.

"Is something wrong?"
he asks

"Those bookshelves, what kind of books do they hold?"

"Hm, the left side holds books about justice and law and the right side has more trivial topics."

"Do you mind if I just skim through the right side?"

"Go ahead"

You scanned through the shelf, not entirely certain you'd find what you're looking for. Surprisingly he had serval books about dance, specifically ballroom. Scanning through the pages of one book you finally found the style that fit the description, Waltz.

"Oh, Muirne witness a couple partaking in a waltz"
he spoke up, the recently read letter in his hand

"This looks like a complicated yet elegant dance"
you mused reading the steps indicated on the page

"It's not too complicated, does require some practice"

"More importantly, why do have these books?"
you can understand law and justice, but dance?

"I learned how to waltz"
he states

"Wha?! You? You can waltz?"
he just kept amazing you.

"You don't believe me?"

He wasn't the type to lie...
"Why do you know how to waltz?"

"While Lady Furina enjoys her trials, she went through a phase of holding Ball Parties at the Opera Epiclese."
he explains

"She did?"

"Yes, I had to learn a selection of ballroom dances for the events."

"All these steps look tedious and intricate"
the images of steps dizzied your head

"If you break them up to their core fundamentals you'll find that they are much more simpler."

He stood up from his desk, walking over to the musical phonogram. With the turn of a knob it begun to softly play classical music. You were sat on the ground surrounded by the tutorial books, looking up when he extended his hand toward you.

"Ah... no there's no way I can.."
you were hesitant

"In a waltz, there is a leader and a follower. If you're not confident, then follow my lead."

This wasn't an opportunity anyone would just come across. So you accepted his hand, allowing him to first pull you up from the ground.

"Let's start with the position, do let me know if at any point you feel uncomfortable."

"uh huh"
you nod, a bit dumbfounded by the scenario

His right hand is placed on your shoulder blade, while his left hand held your right. Awkwardly you place your left hand on his arm. Although this was a dance position, it felt intimate.

"When my left foot steps forward, your right is to step back. I will then side step and you follow."
he explains slowly

"Ah.. i'll try."

"Then my right foot will step back, your left should follow forward and we do another side step."

"That's all?"
you ask surprisedly

"I told you it was simple, did I not? We repeat those steps in overall circular motion."

His steps were slow at first as he waited patiently for you to follow his lead. Your eyes were locked on the ground as you meticulously observed his footsteps. Once you eased into the rhythm he guided you around the room, you both waltz in circular motion.

"Hm"

"What?"

"Well, It would be more proper if you held your head up. Occasional eye contact between dance partners is essential."

"I suppose that makes sense"

There was no way to look at him without a lightly flushed expression. As you slowly lifted your head, his narrowed eyes immediately met with yours and he had a soft smile.

"Much better, don't you think?"

"Authentic, I've never felt so elegant before"
you softly laugh

"Though I had to learn how to waltz, I never put it into practice during the events."
he confesses

"Why not? You seem like a natural at this."
this was his first time doing a partnered waltz?

"Lady Furina preferred Swing dancing, it's much more theatrical. Though she still insisted I learn waltz."

"How come?"

you felt like a child asking these follow up questions but, you were just so intrigued by him. Without answering your question his pace increases, since you weren't observing the footsteps anymore you were beginning to stumble.

His hand previously on your shoulder blade falls, and he simply holds your right hand with his left before attempting the spin, a more advanced move. Your inexperienced self wobbled dizzily back until you lost footing and fell.

"Sorry, that may have been too sudden on my part."
he lifts you up again

"All the fancy moves are difficult"
you sadly pout

He thinks for a moment,
"How about you step onto my shoes and allow me to guide"

"What-!? No, I can't possibly step on your shoes."
you gasp at his suggestion

"I assure you it's fine"
he insists

"Won't it hurt?"

He laughs, guiding you to sit on the couch where he then kneels on the ground beside you. Staring at you with eyes requesting for permission.

"I don't think so, at least if you were to remove these heavy boots."

Reaching your hands down you began to nervously untie them, clearly flustered. He helps you remove them, the scenario felt like a scene straight out of a royal fantasy book. Once they were off you placed your feet over his leather shoes, his hand placement pressed you much closer to him.

At first the dance felt like a wobbly waddle but he managed to make it entertaining, twirling the both of you around.

"The reason behind her request was to tease me"
he finally answered the question as to why Lady Furina was so insistent.

"To tease you?"
you tilt your head

"For the day when I hold someone dearly to my heart."

"hah- wait are you saying the Waltz is a romantic dance?"
you tense up

He boldly sways you
"The Waltz, was not widely acceptable in ballrooms"

His movements were precise and assertive
"Depicted as sinful by how intimate the partners must be."

His face leans closer to your reddened one. It is common knowledge in Fontaine that Neuvillette is a handsome man and you were no exception to that opinion. But, as he's leaning closer you happen to be leaning back with only his hand to support you. This move of dancing is known as, the dip.

"I wonder what thoughts are coursing through your mind at this moment."
his lips curl in amusement

The intensity was too much for your poor little human heart to handle. Erratically you flail around flustered, causing him to lose his own balance. He's sat on the ground after creating a loud thud. You're kneeled over his lap, hands covering your face from utter embarrassment. His eyes widen seeing your madly bashful state however there is a knock at the door.

"Is everything alright in there?"
a lady had asked

"Ah- Yes, just a clumsy accident"
he responds back

His hand hesitantly reaches for the back of your head after realizing how his forwardness must have been overwhelming. Though you don't flinch away, instead you let him guide your hand covered face towards his beating chest.

You could feel his heavy beating heart, a person face can be stoic and their demeanor aloof but it is their pulsing heart reveals their inner sentiments. While it's true the two of you formed a closer bond than you thought was possible, the concept of being considered dear to his heart is truly unfathomable.

"Won't you let me see your face?"
he softly begs

slowly your hands part open, essentially cupping your own face. Doubtfully you murmur,

"Is this... even okay?"

His hands gently cup over yours,
"If it's alright with you, then it's alright with me"

His eyes are attentively fixed on your lips. Reiterating, he asks.
"Is it okay with you?"

laughter was always your best expression whether it was nervous, joyous, loud, or quiet. A soft nervous chuckle escapes your lips as you nod,

"Yes"

He patiently waited for that confirmation before curiously pursuing the sweet taste of your lips. This fondness he has for you, he waited for the time where it can be expressed intimately like this.
You couldn't hold back the smile that stretched across your face from his slow and delicate kisses.

While this can pose as a complication to his reputation and legitimacy, it is not an issue relative to the moment.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

4.2K 163 12
A Sumeru scholar Y/n L/n visits Fontaine for a holiday and is unexpectedly recruited as a spy, where she witnesses the intrigue of the court. While l...
102K 3.5K 31
After the Hydro Archon is dethroned from her position, she now lives peacefully as a human that goes by the name Furina. The big issue is that Furin...
1.8K 45 11
♡ 𝗡𝗘𝗨𝗩𝗜𝗟𝗟𝗘𝗧𝗧𝗘 x fem reader ♡ Y/n L/n, Lady Furina's roommate and best friend - ------------------------------♡...
17K 490 13
TW// many trigger warnings. Don't take this lightly! The legend of the first calamity caused by the Hydro Dragon was one to shake people to their cor...