The Rise of the Lycans

By MGKimmy06

Laura is different. She knew this when she was six after realising she was adopted. Now she is seventeen, wa... More

Prologue
Road Trip
Runaway Mate
Daughter of?
Flashback
Witches
Shopping Disaster
First Date
The Elders
Little Girl
Lycan Brothers
The Vampire King
Back in His Arms
Drunk Alpha King
Conscience
The First Lycan
I AM THE ALPHA KING
Awaken
Close But Far Apart
Sandy
Marked
Just the of Us
Training
May
Family Breakfast
Luna Queen's Introduction Ceremony (Part One)
Luna Queen's Introduction Ceremony (Part Two)
Coming Back Home
Alpha Vs. Beta
Role of a Queen
Awkward Dinner
Surprise
Sea Witches
Abilities
Vampire Blood Ball
Who's the Master Mind?
Another Lycan
Noah's Tale
False Attack
Lycan Souls
War (Part One)
War (Part Two)
Baby Boy, Prince Hades Axel Crescent
Friend Or Foe
Witches Vs Vampires
The End
Epilogue

A Night to Remember

1.8K 54 5
By MGKimmy06

I was staring at my reflection for some time. I still couldn't believe I let myself dress so fancy in a royal blue, floor-length dress which hugged my body on the top down to my knees. Then, a puff ends, looking like a mermaid's tail. I wore black high heels and had my hair down, naturally wavy. Then a light make-up.

I snapped out of my train of thought, hearing a knock on the door. "Come in!" I mumbled, turning away from the mirror.

Mother walked in, and her eyes widened once she saw me, "oh goddess," she gasped, and tears built in her eyes. "I can't imagine your mate ever rejecting you. You're just radiant."

"Mom!" I whined, rolling my eyes. "It's for the night," I chuckled, feeling my cheeks heat up.

She smiled in delight as she took steps towards me. "I can't believe you're all grown up. It felt like yesterday when I held you in my arms," she sighed, placing her hand on my shoulder. "Moments like this, I worry... Would you ever want me in your future?"

I flashed an encouraging smile, "why would I ever forget you, Mom? You're my mother."

She pulled me into a warm embrace. "Why did you grow up so quickly?" She joked, pulling away from our embrace. "Let's head down to the ballroom. It would be rude for us to miss out on the fun."

Mother and I left my room, laughing a bit as we headed downstairs. Along the way, we met up with Pete and Dad. They were waiting by the hallway for us.

"Look at my beautiful angels," Father said, grinning at the sight of Mother and me. He took a few steps forward, "both are breathtaking." Mother leaned in for a hug with Father, giving each other a peck on the lips.

Once they pulled away, father and mother's arms interlocked together. They walked ahead of Peter and me, ignoring us as if they were the only ones in the world.

"Looking good, baby sis," Pete said, standing beside me.

"Why thank you, big brother," I said in an accent playfully as we walked behind mother and father. "You don't look bad yourself." We chuckled.

We reached the lobby-like area. Many people were mingling with one another. Girls around my age were flashing their jewellery and showing off their best gowns. I wasn't sure if I were to say if they were friends or enemies.

Suddenly, as Pete and I walked towards the ballroom entrance, someone bumped into Pete. Luckily, his quick reflexes could grab her waist before her butt could meet with the hard icy floor. "Are you okay? Sorry, I wasn't..." Pete stopped talking when he and her eyes met. I could see their eyes sparkle and flash fiery gold, "mate." I heard Pete mutter softly.

I quietly released a gasp, feeling my lips pull up into a smile. My significant overprotective brother has finally found his mate. I was excited for him.

This was your typical love at first sight.

Not wanting to break this love bubble. I quietly backed away, unsure if I should remind them they were in the way. Also, if I were to break their trance, I could congratulate them. Instead, I disappeared with the crowd that was moving to the ballroom. As I walked into the ballroom, I gasped in amazement at this room. It was all gold from the walls to the ceiling. Whilst the marble floor was cream white. There was a vast gold crystal chandelier hanging in the middle of the roof. But what was eye-popping was the two enormous chairs in front of the room with a few stairs leading up to them. They were gold, decorated in perfect details of flowers, then wine red with gold embroidery pillows. Perfect for a King and Queen.

I made my way down to the centre of the room when someone roughly bumped into my shoulder, making me stumble. I glanced up, and to my surprise, it was the blonde from earlier. She snarled at me over her shoulder, "Watch where you're standing, pup." She snapped; she turned away, lifting her head as she gracefully disappeared into the crowd.

What is her problem? I thought to myself.

'She's just jealous,' out of the blue, I heard a voice. I glanced around to find the source of that comment. 'Ha ha, you look silly right now.'

What's going on? Who's saying this? And where are you? I panicked, glancing at everyone, trying to see if anyone was looking my way. But no one was.

'Laura, calm down... I'm your wolf, Sandy.'

Wait, shouldn't I—

The announcer interrupted me as his voice beamed through the room, "Silence! Welcome Alphas, Betas and future leaders... tonight we come together to witness the crowning of our new Alpha King!" There were a few howls of excitement and soft claps. "Now presenting Luna Queen Elizabeth Crescent and Elder Smallwood."

We bowed as a woman dressed in a silver ball gown dress with her light brown hair high up covering her ears. The old man walking beside her had short white hair and was dressed in a sharp black suit. They gracefully walked down, approaching the magnificent chairs.

Both turned to us all with a warm smile, "Welcome." Luna Queen spoke angelic, "As we all know, the late Alpha King has passed away. Although we grief for him, we must appoint a new King." She breathed, "So it gives me great pleasure to announce my son, your prince, as our new Alpha King. Nathan Crescent, my son, please come forward."

A man in his early twenties approached Luna Queen Elizabeth. Elder Smallwood knelt before them with his head down in a bow of respect. I did not see his face, but from behind, I could tell he was a looker. His neatly gelled-back dark hair and black suit could not hide his muscular body.

"Nathan Crescent, son of Samuel and Elizabeth Crescent, do you swear to the moon goddess Luna that you will fulfil your duty as Alpha King? Accept your role and responsibility for the wolves?" Elder Smallwood asked, gazing down at the prince.

"I, Nathan Crescent, son of Samuel and Elizabeth Crescent, swear to the moon goddess Luna that I will fulfil my duty as Alpha King. Accept my role and responsibility for the wolves." His deep voice sent shivers down my spine as he spoke. It held power and authority.

There was a moment of silence. One by one, alphas howled in respect and acknowledgement for their new king. Betas followed then us, children of Alphas and Betas, howled for our king. "Rise, Alpha King Nathan," Elder Smallwood ordered, and he did so. We clapped our hands, and some whistled.

Our new Alpha King Nathan turned to face the crowd. My mouth dropped at his breathtaking good looks. His dreamy forest-green eyes slide all over the room. Searching for someone.

'MATE! MATE! MATE!' Sandy suddenly chanted in my head.

No. No. It can't be. We cannot be mates! I screamed in my head, shaking at the thought of me being the mate of a King.

Everyone's cheers and excitement came to an abrupt end when the heavy wood double doors banged open. We all turned our gaze towards the door. Gasping at the sudden presence of power. Five men stride in, their heads held high in pride and smirked evilly. They stopped as one in front of the group who stood ahead of rest, gazing around.

He chuckled evilly, brushing back his short jet-black hair, "apologize for our tardiness, but our invitation has gotten lost in the mail." His greyish eyes landed on Alpha King Nathan.

"Lycans?" Elder Smallwood questioned, glaring up at the group.

Gasps and murmuring were being exchanged in the room. Lycans were the first wolf shifters. They ruled over werewolves and witches using their strength and gifts. Their greed had driven werewolves and witches to ally with their enemies. Vampires. War broke out, resulting in the extinction of the Lycans, except for one family. However, seventeen years ago, their house caught on fire. Tripping the entire family and killing them all.

"We're the Lycan Brothers, the very last lycans on earth," one said. He had greyish eyes like the black hair guy, but he had sandy blonde hair.

"What is the meaning of this!?" Alpha King Nathan growled, clenching his fists.

He took one step, but a woman spoke up behind the Lycan Brothers. "Hold your horses, young King," her green eyes gazed around, "we are looking for a specific person from the moon goddess' prophecy. Also, here to warn you all, for your death is near." She flickered her strawberry blonde hair off her shoulder.

"What prophecy?" Elder Smallwood asked, stepping forward, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"Shut up, you old mutt!" One man with dark brown hair snarled. The group chuckled, "We are looking for the marked one. Whoever gives us information about this person, we will reward you."

"A girl, in fact," the woman added. "We believe Alpha Jay may know what we are talking of."

Marked one? A girl? Were they talking about me!?

"We'll be back soon," the short jet black hair lycan said as, one by one, they turned their heels and walked out.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267K 8.3K 23
The Goddess of the moon, Diana, originally created the Lycans. Seven of them; two females and five males. They were meant to rule over the earth, wit...
30.1K 506 11
She's human. He's a Lycan. She's Dating his son. she's his mate. He's a king. what happens when a father's son brings his human girlfriend home. What...
16.8K 460 34
The Lycans came to earth for only one thing .. MATES. One wrong decision from Lycan king changes everything in the Lycans planet. Moon goddess Durga...
320K 13K 50
After becoming truly omnipotent he lost what was supposed to be his everything. His chosen. His beloved. Call it what you will, he lost a part of his...