Strawberry Kisses | Sam Kerr

By nickismyhusand

'There's nothing as sweet as the taste that drives me crazy.' A couple of years ago you would never going t... More

intro
01 ~ Did you miss us?
03 ~ I hate you
04 ~ Truth or Dare
05 ~ Only seven minutes left
06 ~ So close
07 ~ Yet So Far

02 ~ Ashlee Brodigan

551 14 2
By nickismyhusand

(Maddi)

'Hey guys.' I say as I sit down at the table which already is seating Kyra, Katrina and Charli.

'Hey Maddi. how'd you sleep?' Kyra asks taking a bite of her apple and handing me one too.

'Fine, I forgot how nice it is to wake without the sky being pitch black in the morning, but then again Caitlin's snoring was loud as fuck so it took me ages to get to sleep.' I said taking a bite of my apple before noticing Harper sitting on Charli's lap and I put my hand over my mouth. 'Oh whoops, excuse my language.' I say giving Katrina an apologizing look.

'Did someone say my name?' Caitlin says loudly as she makes her way into the room grabbing a banana and sitting next to me.

'speaking of the devil.' I mutter under my breath before shooting Caitlin a smile 'hey shrek'

'I don't care what you say, I refuse to believe that I snore. It must be impossible no one I've roomed with has ever complained before.' She defends herself before I can even say anything else about her antics last night.

'well you must be sleeping in a room with Macca because only deaf people can't hear the noises you make in your sleep.' I snort before Mackenzie Arnold sits down next to me.

'Hey I heard that.' Macca says, partially offended yet there's a sense of humor in her voice as she says it and the table laughs but mine is cut short when I see Sam and Teagan Micah walk in.

'Ugh not her.' I say annoyed with just the sight of Sam

'What is it with you two?' Macca asks looking at Sam, but definitely asking me.

'She's an annoying asshole, who can't stop hitting on every female football player she lays eyes on. She's been mean to me since we were 13 but then yesterday she didn't recognize me and when she saw me she said something like "oh butcher, didn't know you could look good"... fucking asshole.' I tell her before the two take a seat at the table. We talked for a while before Tony calls us outside for training.

I split up from Ellie, Kyra, mini, raso and Charli doing my leg exercises that Tony makes me do before I do anything athletic ever since I ruptured my Achilles in 2021 and I was kept off sport for a year which killed me so I wasn't risking it happening again especially not before the world cup. Brandi Cole the clubs main physio stays beside me before having a quick look at my leg before I finish up my exercises, grabbing a water bottle and having a quick drink before running back to Tony who's waiting with Sam. I roll my eyes but put on a smile in order to make Tony happy.

'Alright girls I want you two and Mackenzie to do some match simulation on that half, Maddison you'll be defending Sam and Sam will be striking. Makenzie you'll just do what you normally and block any of Sam's strikes.' We all nod and I can see the amusement on Sam's face as she notices how much I'd rather be doing anything than play on her in my first training back with the girls. 'Ok girls, I'll come check on you soon. Good luck.' He holds up two thumbs up, and I smile before turning to Sam.

'Better get prepared because I'm not going easy on you Kerr.' I say throwing the ball to her and she does a few small kicks of the ball into the air and dribbling over to me. 

'Never been more prepared in my life.' She smiles and I smile back 'ready?' I nod my head and she dribbles it around me but I quickly get back in front of her and nutmeg it through her legs and move smoothly away from her laughing as I do so. It felt so good to be back doing the things i loved, in the place I love with all of my favourite people (excluding Sam) I stop for a split second and Sam catches up to me trying to regain possession of the ball I try to stop her but she's one of the best female players in the world for a reason and she quickly gets it off of me, I curse but quickly sprint after her, I catch up easily but just as I'm about to snatch the ball from her she sticks her leg out, tripping me over. My body collides with the ground, 'oops sorry.' Sam says sarcastically before offering me her hand but I get up on my own and shoot her a nasty look.

'You're on Kerr.' I tell her and quickly run off with the ball at my feet, she laughs chasing me around unable to get back the ball until I stumble and she seizes the opportunity. I groan in frustration before chasing after her again. she runs for the goals and I use all my energy to catch her up, when I do I shove her with my body and she stumbles away from the ball. 

'oi' she shouts and I laugh standing still with the ball rolling away.

'Gotcha that time' I tease and she pulls out her iconic eye roll

'That wasn't nearly as good as that time I bodyslammed the pitch invader?' She says eyes widening in excitement at the memory 'That was wicked.' I laugh soon followed with her joining in.

'Anyways what you did just then was pathetic' I raise my eyebrows.

'Well if it was pathetic then how come I have the ball?' I say and her eyes widen as I boot the ball straight towards the net only for it to be caught in the hands of Macca who runs up to us.

'I've been waiting for years for one of you to actually have a shot.' She says throwing the ball up into the air and catching it with ease. 'But that was good shot for a defender Mads, you nearly got me there.' She says and I take a small bow laughing as I do so.

'I'm going to get a drink, be right back.' I tell the two athletes before walking off. Whilst walking I can't help but think about how the tension normally between me and Sam hasn't been as noticeable since we've been back, and she's not been as annoying as I remember.

_______

I'm walking through Uptown shopping centre trying to find somewhere decent to get clothes because most of mine except for the ones in my hand luggage were lost on the flight so I'm wearing Charli's t-shirt and pants, when someone walks past me and my phone knocked out of my hands. I bend down to pick it up but someone already has for me.

'Thank you.' I said smiling at the person in front of me before recognizing the face. 'You're Ashlee from Newcastle Jets right?' I ask them

'Oh yeah, I actually play for Brisbane Roar now but thats old news. I already know who you are. I mean most people in Australia know too.' She laughed, smiling too.

'You wouldn't happen to know somewhere not to over-priced that sells decent clothes?' I ask her and she nods.

'Yeah, there's a couple places down a bit further that are nice.' She says leading me down the road. 

We shop together for a while, enjoying the peace away from sport and just being able to love life like a normal person without having cameras shoved into our faces. We end up going to a small bar and are sitting on a table facing the stunning Brisbane beach.

'Have you watched Riverdale?' (i coudlnt think of anything else sorry dont hate me) She asks me midway through our conversation.

'I mean of course, who hasn't?' I say and her eyes light up with excitement.

'Omg Cheryl is so hot, I actually love her.' I laugh shaking my head slightly.

'She's not hot but cute.' I tell her and she glared at me causing me to laugh.

'Don't you dare insult Cheryl like that.' She joked

'Well Betty is hot.' I say

'Fucking knew you was going to say that.' She laughs and I turn to her.

'Hey, don't be jealous.' I smirk and she hits my shoulder from across the table.

'I'm not jealous shut up.' I laughed at her and she blushes. 'Let's go walk on the beach?' I offer and she nods as we leave the table and take the short walk to the beach where we walk into the shallows of the water. We stand there in a silence which wasn't one of those awkward silences I often find myself in, but a peaceful silence, a calming silence. A silence that was ruined when a piece of seaweed was thrown at my face, I scream and leap away accidentally hitting Ashlee. 'Bitch.' I mumble and she laughs moving slightly when I notice her hands are holding onto my waist, it was utter silence we never lost eye contact and somehow we both ended up leaning in until we were interrupted by a phone pinging. 

I hear Ashlee groan, as she checks her phone before looking back at me. 'ummm.' she trails off and I feel tension boil between us, I don't even think about my next move when our lips are suddenly pressed onto each others, it was just a small kiss but we both pulled back smiling as we walked out of the water back to the sand. 

'Some of the girls from the club are throwing a party tomorrow night. You should totally come.' She says shyly still smiling.

I wanted to say yes but then I remember that I already have plans for tomorrow with the girls.

'I'm actually doing something tomorrow with my friends, kind of a tradition for us, so I can't cancel that.' I answered even though I would've loved to go as I've taken a strong liking to the 24 year old.

'You can bring them too if you want. Everyone from the Roar will be there, we're throwing an end of season party before everyone goes on holiday for a bit. It won't be a problem if you bring them, I'm sure everyone would love to meet the famous Matilda's.' Ashlee said nicely and I'm caught up in her eyes, I haven't had a girlfriend since Ona Battle about a year and a half ago and since then i have tried to stay away from that kind of thing after what happened last time but now I'd just kissed Ashlee Brodigan.

'I'll see if I can persuade them.' I say smiling before checking the time. shit, I was meant to head back half an hour ago. I shoot Ashlee an apologetic look. 'I'm so sorry, I have to go back, I'm late.' I grab my bags and phone getting up. 'I'll see you later, hopefully tomorrow.' We share a small hug before I walk off.

a/n 

this isn't very good but it will get better i promise, i'll hopefully update again tn or tmrw maybe. for now enjoy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 4.3K 27
Y/N has always been seen as "Steve's rambunctious sister." However, she grew up, graduated, and moved to London to study abroad for 4 years and get h...
41.5K 374 49
Madison Kennedy, little sister of Matthew Kennedy. AFLW star and captain of the Carlton Football Club. They went through a lot together growing up. M...
11.9K 237 7
random football oneshots I feel like writing ⚽️ currently writing > leah williamson (mostly matildas, arsenal and barca) 💚💛 & ❤️🤍 & ❤️💙 {i do t...
96K 2.8K 45
15-year-old Katerina Steele was a prodigy; academics were her life, but football was her escape. Due to her gifted academics, Kat was given more opp...