✔️ 70's Stepmother's daily li...

By CNovel_Reader

70's Stepmother's daily life of raising a baby (七零后妈咸鱼带娃日常) Author: Survival through writing https://quanben... More

Chapter 1-10
Chapter 11-20
Chapter 21-30
Chapter 31-40
Chapter 41-50
Chapter 51-60
Chapter 61-70
Chapter 71-80
Chapter 81-90
Chapter 91-100
Chapter 101-110
Chapter 111-120
Chapter 121-130
Chapter 131-140
Chapter 141-150
Chapter 161-170
Chapter 171-180
Chapter 181-190
Chapter 191-201 (end)

Chapter 151-160

771 9 0
By CNovel_Reader

Chapter 151

In the square of the battalion headquarters, everyone gathered around the printer and watched eagerly.

As the "founder", Xu Wen must be present.

When printing the first wall, there will still be some areas that are not smooth and need to be debugged. It took a lot of time, about a whole day.

It was smoother when we reached the second wall, and the efficiency was greatly improved.

By the time we reach the third wall, it only takes twelve hours.

The efficiency has not improved significantly since then, and it should be the highest speed that can be achieved at the current level.

This miraculous printer aroused the admiration of the entire Rainbow Island!

The two grown men, Tan Changlin and Luo Zemin, were as happy as two kindergarten children, shouting and jumping!

Amidst all the busyness, National Day is here again!

The condolence group went to the island as usual.

This year, in addition to the condolences group, the island's sisters-in-law, new young lesbians, and children from kindergarten and primary school have also prepared programs.

The atmosphere was more lively than in previous years.

Especially when young lesbians perform on stage, the cheers from the audience almost overturn Rainbow Island.

Xu Wen covered his ears and leaned on Lu Yuanzheng's shoulder, giggling.

It's noisy only if it's a little noisy, and that's what it's like.

Just after the middle of the performance, someone was hurriedly looking for a way to travel.

Xu Wen straightened up so that he could talk to people with an upright posture.

I've probably seen the person who came here, and even if I hadn't seen him before, I would have known he was a sentry just by looking at his heavily armed appearance.

Xu Wen heard him tell Lu Yuanzheng that the people on the card had moved and there were signs of an armed gathering.

Lu Yuanzheng was a little confused. Ever since the Dakaya hit Rainbow Island, it had been in a cowardly state. Why did it start to move now?

Do you want to take advantage of the island's festival to attack the island?

This is no small matter.

Lu Yuanzheng ordered the performance to be suspended, and all officers and soldiers immediately entered a state of combat readiness. Most of them were transferred to the surrounding areas of Rainbow Island, while a small number stayed behind to protect the condolences group, young girls, sisters-in-law, and children.

Xu Wen quickly followed the expedition.

"You stay here." Lu Yuanzheng's expression was very serious and his tone was completely commanding. No objection was allowed. If anyone disagreed, he would knock her unconscious on the spot.

Xu Wen hurriedly took two steps back, "Don't get excited. I just want to ask you, do you need a translator?"

Lu Yuanzheng froze when he raised his hand halfway and let out a sigh.

There are actually translators left on the island, but they can't communicate like this.

Lu Yuanzheng thought for a while and took Xu Wen out. At the same time, he ordered the clerk to get Xu Wen a set of protection.

The officers and soldiers on Rainbow Island did not have body armor, and the so-called protection was just a military green steel helmet.

Xu Wen had a small head, and most of his face was covered by a helmet.

She followed Lu Yuanzheng and got into the car.

This time it's not a joke electric car, it's a military green Jeep.

The jeep drove quickly toward the cliff.

When they arrived at the edge of the cliff, both sides were already fully armed and were only waiting for the order from their respective commanders to start fighting.

Xu Wen was a little uneasy. It was the first time in his life that he was so close to a war. To be precise, he was at the scene of a war.

As a translator, she certainly couldn't hide behind others. He took a loudspeaker and stood on the edge of the cliff, shouting to the Kaya.

Xu Wen was afraid of heights and would never get so close to the edge of the cliff. His little face wrinkled up.

Lu Yuanzheng knew that she was afraid, so he supported her with his hands behind her back.

In Custer's eyes, it was as if Lu Yuanzheng was forcing Xu Wen to push her off the cliff.

Custer shouted: "We, the warriors of country F, never use women as shields."

Xu asked: "..."

Seeing that Xu Wen was still reluctant to speak, Lu Yuanzheng asked her, "What did he say?"

Xu Wen pursed his lower lip, hesitating whether to speak.

Some of the officers around Lu Yuanzheng had just graduated from the military academy. They did not know how to say hello in English, but they could understand this sentence and took the initiative to translate: "He said that we are not men and use women as a shield."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

Xu Wen was afraid that Lu Yuanzheng would ask her to translate something unspeakable again, so he rushed to speak: "Why do you want to attack Rainbow Island? Do you not want to live in peace? Is this your own decision or the will of your country? I knew you did this. What are the consequences?"

Custer was surprised, "What? Aren't you coming to fight us?"

Xu asked: "..."

Without Lu Yuanzheng command, Xu Wen asked himself to find out the whole story.

It turns out that Custer and the others thought that such a big movement on the island would be as loud as a soldier practicing before going out for an expedition.

He thought that Rainbow Island was going to send troops to attack them.

What is not mentioned is that although Custer and others refused to admit that they put the sonar device, they actually did it.

Moreover, all the devices that had just been deployed for a few days were taken away by Lu Yuanzheng's people, leaving only a few sets of equipment, which was a huge blow to them.

They themselves also know that this is called lying with open eyes.

I have always been afraid that the officers and soldiers on Rainbow Island would get impatient and start a fight with them.

How could I not panic when I heard such a loud noise?

Xu Wen explained the meaning of National Day, saying that it was celebrated by his country and had no intention of attacking them.

People on both sides couldn't laugh or cry after listening to Xu Wen's translation.

I feel somewhat resentful about going on an expedition. Personally speaking, I still want to fight between the two sides.

That way he could take the opportunity to beat Custer up.

But it was just a momentary thought. He would never do such a thing that would harm the country and the people.

So the team was reassembled and brought back to continue the unfinished performance.

After a while, the atmosphere dispersed a lot.

Xu Wen was a little tired, so he held on until Dongsheng's performance was over and led him home.

On National Day, as before, officers and soldiers take turns to rest.

The difference from last year is that last year there was only one boat that went to Zhongxing Island on a regular basis for everyone to enjoy.

This year there is an additional Pengcheng for everyone to choose from.

Most of the outings were made by married officers and soldiers taking their families with them.

A small number of singles went out to buy daily necessities.

Only a handful of young girls who are new to the island also choose to go out. He didn't go out alone, but went with fellow single warriors.

This progress made the lucky man's comrades envious, and really shocked Xu Wen.

How many days have the girls been on the island?

This speed reminded Xu Wen of the military training at the beginning of school in his previous life. Military training that lasted for half a month would always produce several couples.

Lu Yuanzheng said that it was not surprising that the young man would find a partner. He is hard-working, hard-working, and sweet-tongued. He is the type that attracts young girls. If the conditions on the island were not like this, he would probably have gotten married long ago.

Xu asked: "..."

During the National Day, Xu Wen rarely had time to go out.

The ship's designer has arrived.

Not the young designer Xu Wen thought he was, but an old designer with gray hair but very energetic.

This designer has a name that fits his profession very well: Ma Liang.

It is easy to think of the boy and his magic pen in the fairy tale.

Ma Liang also brought a student named Deng Kai.

What's interesting is the attitude of the two people when they first arrived on the island.

Ma Liang was smiling and approachable, taking the initiative to talk to Xu Wen, but Deng Kai was a bit like Tan Changlin when he first arrived on the island, a bit arrogant.

Such an elderly designer personally came to the island to work as a paintbrush for Xu Wen. How could Xu Wen have the nerve to run around here and there?

He stayed on the island to draw pictures with the old designer.

As for Deng Kai, his job is more to take care of the old designer and act as his assistant.

Dongsheng had nothing to do, so he would often come over and watch.

He is only five and a half years old, but he can't sit still very well and often runs outside.

There is a way of doing things, and there is a specialization. It must be admitted that an expert is an expert.

As soon as Xu Wen described the specific appearance, the veteran designer knew what part it was and what it was used for.

The old designer drew a sketch, a picture with just a few strokes. In Xu Wen's opinion, his drawing was not as good as his own.

But the actual situation is like a doctor's order. Although it is a sacred book for outsiders, nurses and people in the pharmacy can understand what the doctor writes and how to use the medicine at a glance.

Deng Kai is like a nurse or a pharmacy worker who can tell what Ma Liang is painting at a glance.

After Ma Liang drew the sketch, Deng Kai redrawn it.

He drew very seriously, and what he drew looked a bit like the kind of drawings Xu Wen had seen in his previous life.

Plane or elevation, each part is marked with a serial number and name.

What he redrawn are the drawings that can actually be used to build ships in the future.

This old designer seemed to be so famous in their unit that Lian Zhenxing came all the way from Haicheng to see him.

Song Xueqin also accompanied him, especially on that expedition.

Dongsheng is happy. Dongsheng has a good relationship with Lian Zhenxing. Uncle Lian always follows Lian Zhenxing.

Apart from Xu Wen's group, there was another group of people who didn't have a day off, namely the officers and soldiers who printed the walls, Tan Changlin and Luo Zemin.

They were divided into groups and took turns on duty.

Walls after walls were successfully erected in the square.

Even Zhenxing Song Xueqin and Ma Liang came to visit.

Tan Changlin seemed to know Ma Liang, or had heard of him, and treated him with respect.

This still makes Xu Wen quite strange.

After Ma Liang heard that this was also the result of Xu Wen's research, his admiration for Xu Wen was beyond words, "What a terrible young person! Comrade Xu Wen, you will definitely achieve great things in the future!"

Song Xueqin immediately answered the question and praised Xu Wen.

He has met Xu Wen quite a few times and is relatively familiar with them.

Relatively speaking, Lian Zhenxing was not very familiar with Xu Wen. Listening to Song Xueqin's endless talk, he sneered unconvinced, "Look at the smug look on your face! Those who don't know would think that Comrade Xu Wen is your daughter!"

"She's not my daughter, but she is my daughter-in-law!" Song Xueqin looked proud.

"She's still my daughter-in-law!"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

Has anyone ever asked him if he would like to be a son?

Although he had no room to refuse.

The two of them are obviously not old enough to look like children, but they are still so childish.

Tan Changlin, who was standing aside so sleepily that he kept yawning, turned his head and asked Xu Wen: "Was I as stupid as this guy when I first came to the island?"

Xu asked and followed his gaze to see Deng Kai.

She tilted her head, thought for a moment, and nodded, "I can get on the road faster than you."

Tan Changlin remained arrogant until Xu Wen got angry before bowing his head. But within three days, Deng Kai had basically the same attitude towards Xu Wen as towards his teacher Ma Liang.

Tan Changlin: "..."

Xu Wen added: "I didn't expect you to have such a clear understanding of yourself. You are indeed quite stupid."

Tan Changlin: "..."

He took a deep breath, "Now I feel a little sympathy for those women who say bad things about you."

Xu Wen took a moment to react and realized that he was talking about the sisters-in-law who scolded her.

In line with the principle of asking if you don't understand, Xu Wen humbly asked: "Why?"

"They will definitely end up worse than me."

Xu asked: "..."

Is this praising her or hurting her?

While busy, half of the wall was printed and the anti-sonar devices were installed.

Although Lu Yuanzheng's unit did not have such advanced equipment, they were very smart. They modified the sonar captured from the seabed so that it would not be used by them but it would definitely no longer be used by the Kaya. Moreover, it released sound waves that were different from the original ones, especially It is easy to interfere with the receiving device on the Kaya.

All large-scale moving machinery on Rainbow Island, such as cranes, super-long trucks, and even armor, were used as transport vehicles, and they worked together to move the printed walls to the sea.

There are many ropes tied to the wall, all in the hands of the frogmen team.

Because even if the crane is mounted on the transport ship, the crane arm cannot reach the bottom of the sea.

The materials and weight of these walls destined them to sink to the bottom of the sea.

The soldiers on the ship and the frogmen had to rely on their own strength to prevent the walls from tipping over, and they had to pull them to a suitable position and then fix them.

Just imagine that this is a dangerous and laborious project.

After the fixation was completed, the chains were not removed and were nailed directly to the seabed to prevent them from falling towards the Kaya.

At first, the people on the Kaya didn't know what they were doing, and Custer stood on the deck watching the excitement.

After two days he stopped laughing.

He is not a fool. He knows very well what the wall is used for. He also knows what the material painted on the wall and the sonar installed on the wall are used for.

From that day on, Custer never stepped on deck again.

A week later, the Kaya became a "frog" watching the sky from a well.

Four walls surrounded the Kaya tightly, and you couldn't see the outside world unless you climbed to the top of the railing.

All they could see was a small patch of sky above the Kaya.

Tan Changlin and Luo Zemin retired after their success and left the island first.

When they left, Xu Wen went to deliver them.

Luo Zemin was okay. He and Xu Wen were partners and met often. He was even a little excited to leave the island and return to Pengcheng to show off his skills.

Tan Changlin, on the contrary, looked particularly reluctant to leave.

Xu Wen teased him: "If you are so reluctant to leave, please stay and don't leave."

Who knew that Tan Changlin actually thought about it seriously for a while before shaking his head: "Not now! My colleague said that the project has not been completed yet. I have to go back and complete my project before coming back."

Xu Wen just took it as a rejection and didn't try to persuade him.

After country F receives the news about the Kaya, it is inevitable that it will protest.

Unfortunately, protesting is useless.

If you don't want to, then drive the Kaya away!

Can't drive away?

If you can't drive it, you park it at our house. I will kindly build a shed for your boat. If you have any objections, then you are repaying kindness with enmity or you have ulterior motives.

Besides, do I need other people's permission to build a shed in my own house? Firstly, it does not occupy other people's land and secondly, it does not affect the behavior of neighbors.

Let's tear it down?

Why dismantle it?

Do you have any bad thoughts about our territory?

Or is your warship parked here for ulterior motives?

Then you have to talk about it carefully.

Can country f recognize it? of course not.

But in this way, no matter what the purpose of the Kaya is, without its eyes and ears, it cannot implement the original plan.

Their sonar didn't work, and their men could no longer sneak out from the bottom of the ocean.

The Kaya and the officers and soldiers on board looked like they were in prison.

This time, the maintenance engineer of the Kaya finally bought the "scarce parts" and sent them to the Kaya not long after, indicating that the ship was repaired and was about to leave.

On Lu Yuanzheng, they moved a wall at the rear to let the Kaya leave.

At this point, the nails at the door of the house were finally pulled out.

The whole Rainbow Island cheered.

To celebrate the occasion, a bonfire party was held on the island in the evening.

A light show to be exact.

It's not suitable to light a fire on such a hot day.

Xu Wen's pregnancy reaction has also come to an end, and his belly is slowly protruding, but he no longer likes strange tastes, nor does he retching morning and night.

Four to six months of pregnancy is said to be the most comfortable time of pregnancy.

Basically it does not affect normal life.

You can come to things like the party.

It's still the familiar buffet and barbecue.

Xu Wen's female students also came to participate.

Now they all regard Xu Wen as a role model and admire him with admiration.

At first, I felt cheated, because Xu Wen didn't talk much about anything in class, and besides teaching them self-study, he didn't attend many classes.

Half a month later, Xu Wen sent out another test paper. Although the paper was not the same as last time, the types of questions were similar.

After Song Baoying and others helped read the papers, Xu Wen distributed both papers to everyone.

In the first test paper, very few people could get above 80%, and less than half of them passed.

The second time, one-third of the students scored above 80%, and two-thirds passed.

This is mainly because everyone has different education and cultural levels in their respective places.

The difficulty of the two sets is similar, and the second set of papers is even slightly more difficult than the first set.

The contrast between the two results is so obvious that everyone cannot help but be convinced.

After seeing that everyone had basically mastered the skills of self-study, Xu Wen began to teach content related to the college entrance examination.

Not to mention that Xu Wen had the magic mirror, a cheating artifact. Even if he didn't, Xu Wen's true cultural level alone would make teaching high school students of this era just like playing.

Many future learning experiences and methods are really valuable now.

Besides, the college entrance examination in a few decades will not be the same difficulty as the college entrance examination now.

If Xu Wen is determined, he can start his own business and open a tutoring school.

After all, the individual economy is becoming more and more free now.

When it comes to entrepreneurship, Luo Zemin is a master!

Not only does he have skills, he also has a great business acumen.

Chapter 152

Being forced to leave the Kaya would have made headlines.

Three-dimensional printing technology has shocked the world.

Luo Zemin started applying for a patent as soon as he started making printers, and now most of the process has been completed.

Taking advantage of the fact that 3D printers amazed the whole world and became the hero in expelling the Kaya when they first came out, Luo Zemin's factory began to operate.

Therefore, he launched a wave of good advertising and directly transformed the newly opened factory into a patriotic and technologically first-class domestic factory.

Of course, the advertising thing was taught by Xu Wen, after all, she was also Luo Zemin's partner.

The outside world does not know the existence of Xu Wen. They only know that Luo Zemin invented the 3D printer.

This is also what Xu Wen meant. Luo Zemin thought that Xu Wen didn't persuade him much because his military status was relatively low-key.

In fact, Xu Wen didn't want to be too popular, mainly because he was afraid of the trouble and lack of freedom after becoming famous.

She just wants to hide behind the boss and make money.

Yes, make a lot of money.

Luo Zemin's printer company was able to achieve success in one go and gained both fame and fortune.

The Pengcheng government also exempted him from a lot of taxes and gave him a lot of support in related policies.

Many world-renowned large companies have reached out to Luo Zemin for cooperation.

After all, 3D printers have a wide range of applications.

Especially Xu Wen's tips, which can be used in any manufacturing or medical industries.

It is foreseeable that soon after Luo Zemin signs the contract with those partners, she will earn at least five figures.

"When I get the money, I want to buy a house!" Xu Wen waved the tips of the chicken wings that Lu Yuanzheng had just baked for her, thinking about how to spend the money that had not yet been received.

As soon as he finished speaking, he let out another ouch and held his stomach.

Lu Yuanzheng hurriedly put down the skewers in his hands, came over and asked her, "What's wrong?"

Xu Wen's eyes were soft and his words were full of surprise: "He (she) moved!"

"Really? Let me touch it." Lu Yuanzheng hurriedly put his hand on Xu Wen's belly.

"You shouldn't be able to touch it. He (she) is still too weak. It's as if my belly is a fish tank with a small fish swimming around in it. It touches the wall of the fish tank lightly. It's very light." Xu Wen followed Lu. Expedition describes that feeling.

Lu Yuanzheng really didn't feel it. He imagined what Xu Wen described and smiled: "My daughter is so cute!"

Xu asked: "..."

I don't know where the confidence comes from, but I insist every day that I will have a daughter.

Lu Yuanzheng fought back and continued to be Xu Wen's roast husband.

Several sisters-in-law suddenly came over.

"Ask my sister-in-law, are you free? Can I have a few words with you?"

Xu Wen roughly guessed the purpose of their coming, but he didn't want to think about it, and his voice was a little calm: "Is something wrong?"

Lu Yuanzheng could also guess it and took the initiative to give up his place, "I'll go for a spin."

On every occasion like this, he had to speak. Xu Wen happened to have them with him and he felt relieved to leave for a while.

Even if he was worried, he wouldn't be able to get in the middle of a bunch of women talking.

After Lu Yuanzheng left, several people sat around Xu Wen.

Xu Wen suddenly lost his appetite and put the skewers back on the grill.

A sister-in-law smiled coquettishly and said, "Sister-in-law, we are here to apologize to you."

"Are we having a holiday? Why are you apologizing to me?" Xu Wen pretended to be confused.

Those sisters-in-law were really guilty. They all lowered their heads and did not dare to look at Xu Wen or speak.

Of course Xu Wen was not in a hurry, and wiped his hands slowly with a handkerchief soaked in water.

Someone has to be the first to speak.

The fact that these sisters-in-law could scold Xu Wen so arbitrarily showed that they were not stable characters and were easily impulsive.

How can an impulsive person remain calm?

After all, it was the impatient one who spoke first, "Sister-in-law, it was our fault that we wronged you before! We shouldn't have said such unpleasant things just after seeing you do business with Kaya a few times."

"I think..." Xu Wen folded up the dirty handkerchief and put it aside, "If you don't call it 'saying', you should call it 'scold'. After all, I have labeled you a 'traitor'."

The word "said" is such an understatement!

"I'm sorry!" The sister-in-law who took the lead in speaking bowed to Xu Wen and admitted her mistake.

Xu Wen tilted his head: "What will happen if I don't forgive you?"

Sisters-in-law who came to apologize: "..."

"If I don't accept your apology, will you then accuse me of being 'petty, petty, and intolerant'?"

The leading sister-in-law's face froze and she laughed dryly: "How could that be possible?!"

I might have done it before, but now I really don't dare.

There are rumors in the outside world that Mr. Luo made the 3D printer, but everyone on the island knows that the real inventor is Xu Wen.

Even if they don't know, the person next to them is not a fool and knows who the real inventor of those printers is.

In fact, their men told them more than once that Xu Wen was definitely not a traitor, but they didn't believe it.

When he got angry, he would scold the men in his family, saying that they were deceived by Xu Wen's beauty.

They were so angry that their men wanted to send them back to their hometown.

Xu Wen must have had an ulterior motive for approaching the Kaya before, otherwise she couldn't have been on the Kaya once and never interacted with the people on the Kaya again.

More importantly, the shipbuilding designer came to the island to find Xu Wen just a few days after Xu Wen got off the Kaya.

Anyone who is smart will guess in one direction.

That is what Xu Wen should have obtained on the Kaya.

If such Xu Wen is still a "traitor" or "traitor", then few people can still call him patriotic.

At first, the sisters-in-law were unwilling to admit that they were wrong, but now they saw that the Kaya was forced to leave, and Xu Wen was the biggest contributor. So who do they think they are who insult the heroes?

If that is not important, then vital interests are much more important.

The sisters-in-law on the island followed Xu Wen to make more and more money.

In the first month, most people only had a few yuan or even a few cents, and everyone didn't envy them.

In the second month's dividend, most of the sisters-in-law received double-digit dividends, especially Doudou's mother, who earned the most.

Who can have trouble with money?

Those sisters-in-law who had never said anything bad about Xu Wen and only wanted to keep a distance from Xu Wen and wanted to be a wallflower were the first to regret it and hurriedly formed a group to go to Xu Wen, saying that they had finished their work and wanted to follow Xu Wen again. Buy and sell.

Of course Xu Wen didn't agree. He only said that the location in his second uncle's shop had been rented out and asked them to find other ways.

Most sisters-in-law are illiterate, so how can they do business? There is no such way of selling on behalf of others, so we still have to go to Xu Wen.

After Xu Wen repeatedly refused, the sister-in-law, who was quick to respond, started to feel the taste.

The last time we went together, we said all the good things and apologized, and Xu Wen finally let go.

Xu Wen said that it was not impossible to ask her to help again. However, at that time, because no one planned to do business anymore, they were not included in the rent split. And now the second uncle has rented out the extra booth in the store. If they want to join again, they will definitely not need to share the rent anymore, but they will have to pay the booth fee on a monthly basis.

Although the amount is not large, when calculated, it is definitely more than what the sisters-in-law paid when they shared the rent equally.

Not only that, the dividend ratio will be a little less than before.

A sister-in-law was dissatisfied and asked her: "It used to be 40%, why is it less than 10% now?"

Xu Wen raised his eyelids and glanced at the questioning sister-in-law, "You also said that was before."

All the sisters-in-law blushed at the words.

In the past, Xu Wen treated them as friends and led them to make money. Even if he didn't make any money, he would make sure that they made more money. It was because they didn't trust Xu Wen first and were afraid that they would be implicated if something happened to Xu Wen, so they spontaneously alienated their relationship with Xu Wen.

At most, he is a little better than the sisters-in-law who said bad things about Xu Wen. In fact, he is even more annoying than those sisters-in-law.

Those sisters-in-law are brainless at best. Most people won't argue with brainless people, but they certainly don't like those who are duplicitous.

They hurt Xu Wen first, and now they see that Xu Wen has made money with his other sisters-in-law, and they want to get a piece of the pie later.

How can there be such a good thing in the world?

Everyone regretted it, but they could only agree.

Not only that, Xu Wen also made a request, asking them to pay a part of the deposit, and they must deliver the goods on time and in quantity at all times. If you fail to do so, the deposit will not be refunded.

If you want to quit, please inform us at least one month in advance. The deposit will not be refunded until the goods are cleared.

Of course, Xu Wen would not easily forgive these sisters-in-law who had scolded her.

She nodded: "Since I can't do it, I'm relieved. Then everyone, please come back!"

The implication was that she didn't want to forgive them.

The sister-in-law who took the lead in apologizing gritted her teeth: "Xu Wen, sister-in-law, we really know we were wrong! Even if you don't forgive us, you still have to give us a chance to show your sincerity and let us make up for it?"

The sisters-in-law behind her all agreed: "Yes, sister-in-law, will you give us a chance?"

Xu Wen said there was no need to make amends.

Not forgiving makes up for anything.

However, these sisters-in-law are ninety-nine times impatient and will refuse to leave without nodding their heads when asked.

Xu Wen still had back pain after sitting for a long time, so he didn't want to talk to them about it, so he just said: "Then let me think about it, and then we'll talk about it after thinking about it."

The sisters-in-law turned around three times and left reluctantly. Before leaving, he kept telling Xu Wen to think carefully.

"If I had known now, why bother then!" Song Baoying and others who were watching the whole process looked disgusted as soon as they left.

Doudou's mother also nodded: "Yes! I explained to them that Xu Wen's sister-in-law was not this kind of person. They just didn't believe it!"

Wang Lingling also echoed: "There are really not many people on our island who have not touched Xu Wen's sister-in-law. Almost none."

Sister-in-law Li also said: "Isn't it?! My canteen, Sister-in-law Song Baoying's school, and the business you are doing now, aren't they all benefits that Sister-in-law Xu Wen brings to everyone? People! It's hard to see others when you only see yourself. ."

Seeing that they were even angrier than him, Xu Wen shook his head and laughed. For a moment, he only saw Doudou and frowned, "Sister-in-law, have you seen Dongsheng?"

Doudou's mother turned her head and glanced at Doudou, "Huh?" she said, "Were you still sitting here just now?!"

Doudou whispered: "He seems to have gone home."

"Okay, why did Dongsheng go home by himself?" Doudou's mother asked her.

Doudou shook his head, but also expressed a blank expression that he didn't know. He said he was just playing with Dongsheng and ran home by himself.

Xu Wen hurriedly asked Song Baoying to tell Lu Yuanzheng later and go home first.

When Xu Wen got home, Dongsheng hid in his room and sulked.

I don't know if I didn't feel safe eating Baijia's food when I was a child, or if I was led astray by those soldiers.

Xu Wen discovered that every time Dongsheng got angry, instead of complaining or asking for help, he would find a corner to isolate himself.

Most children will cry and make a fuss when they are unhappy, but Dongsheng is not the case.

He will lock himself in a "little dark room".

If he becomes unhappy, his first reaction is to turn around and find a corner to face a wall, or hide in a place like the bathroom.

Just like the last time when Xu Wen's pregnancy caused trouble, he was afraid that Xu Wen and Lu Yuanzheng wouldn't love him, so he found a secluded tree hole to hide in without crying or making trouble with them.

Xu Wen tried to talk to him several times and told him that he had to learn to express and communicate.

However, the effect was not very great. Xu Wen thought it was due to his personality, so he didn't force it.

Because Dongsheng is very well-behaved, very reasonable, very smart, and learns things quickly.

Only this habit cannot be changed.

Xu Wen sat next to Dongsheng and asked him softly: "What's wrong with you?"

"Doudou doesn't want to play with me."

"Ah?" Xu Wen was a little confused, "What do you mean Doudou doesn't play with you? Aren't you two best friends?"

The adults on the island loved to tease them both.

Doudou and Dongsheng can definitely be regarded as childhood sweethearts.

Dongsheng nodded and shook his head, "She is my best friend, I am not her best friend."

"So who is her best friend?"

"Liu Bin and I."

Xu Wen was completely confused, "Didn't you say that you are not her best friend? Why are you and Liu Bin again? Who is Liu Bin?"

Maybe they could get to know each other in person, but the sisters-in-law on the island usually call their children by their nicknames, and it would be difficult for Xu Wen to match the children with their given names.

"Liu Bin is chubby. He always grabs beans from me. Tonight Doudou played with him without me."

Xu asked: "..."

Xu Wen was shocked.

Is this jealousy?

All right! Probably just jealous.

After all, jealousy is not a term reserved for couples.

Competing for favor counts.

Xu Wen was a bit dumbfounded: "You mean, just because Doudou played with Xiaopang tonight without you, you weren't happy and hid back?"

Little Fatty, she knows.

Conditions are tough these days, and there are very few fat people.

The little chubby boy is Liu Bin. His family conditions are slightly better, and his family members dote on him as an only child. They feed him all the good food and drinks.

Forcibly feeding a child of seven or eight years old weighs 70 to 80 pounds.

His mother felt that this was not going to work, so she took him to hide on the island to find his father, just to see if he could lose some weight.

That's how the nickname "Little Fatty" came from.

Dongsheng said nothing.

Xu Wen continued to ask patiently: "Then why are you hiding back here? Are you waiting for Doudou to coax you?"

Dongsheng hasn't spoken yet, but his expression is a little loose.

Xu Wen took a deep breath and asked again: "Then if Doudou doesn't come to coax you, do you plan to never play with Doudou again?"

Dongsheng shook his head violently: "I want to play with Doudou! I just don't like her playing with Xiaopang!"

Xu Wen suddenly had a toothache. Lawsuits between children are much more difficult to resolve than those between adults.

She didn't know how to persuade her more tactfully, so she simply said bluntly: "Dongsheng, first of all, you are a boy, and Doudou is a little girl. You can't always let Doudou coax you."

How will you find a wife in the future?

"In addition, everyone can have more than one good friend. That means that while you and Doudou are good friends, you can also be good friends with Sister Wenwen. There is no conflict."

Dongsheng lowered his head, "But I don't want to be good friends with Sister Wenwen. I just want to be good friends with Doudou."

Sister Wenwen has her own good friends, who are all older children.

Xu asked: "..."

She closed her eyes and asked the magic mirror: "Mirror, mirror, children over five years old don't fall in love prematurely, right?" !

Chapter 153

Magic Mirror: "..."

Magic Mirror said faintly: "Absolutely not. Five-year-old children don't even know what love is! Their feelings are very simple, they only know who they like and who they don't like."

Xu Wen thought so and felt relieved. He opened his eyes and said, "I'm just making an analogy. It's like you and Fuwa are always good friends, right? Do you dislike Doudou because of Fuwa?"

"Won't."

"Then Doudou won't dislike you because Liu Bin. Besides, they are just playing together, you can definitely join in and play together! Isn't it good that you can still play with Doudou and have one more friend?"

Dongsheng thought for a while, but still shook his head: "I just don't like playing with them! I only like to play with Doudou and not Liu Bin."

Xu asked: "..."

A stubborn child is indeed not cute.

In the past, Lu Yuanzheng said that Dongsheng was easy to get into trouble, and Xu Wen thought there was a communication problem. Now it seems that Lu Yuanzheng was right.

After thinking for a long time, Xu Wen didn't know how else to persuade him, and said to Dongsheng: "But, just because you are unhappy here doesn't solve the problem? You see you are very angry. Doudou is still having fun with Xiaopang, And Doudou doesn't know why you are angry. She will only think that you don't want to play with her, then she will be sad, and Xiaopang will take the opportunity to coax her, then they will become better friends and slowly alienate you, so you can I really lost my good friend Doudou!"

Dongsheng suddenly stood up, startling Xu Wen.

Probably because of drinking milk, Dongsheng has grown a lot this year. Standing like this, he is taller than Xu Wen who is sitting. He said with an unwilling face: "No! I don't agree!"

"If you don't agree, then you're still sulking at home? Should you do something to make Doudou like you more?"

Dongsheng agreed, nodded, and slipped out of bed to find shoes to put on.

Xu Wen asked knowingly: "Where are you going?"

"Go grab Doudou!"

Xu asked: "..."

Xu Wen was afraid of being entangled by those sisters-in-law again, and her back pain had not improved, so she simply stayed at home to rest.

Four months pregnant, the lower abdomen is clearly visible.

Xu Wen put his hands on his lower abdomen, still recalling the fetal movement that was almost an illusion.

At sixteen weeks, her baby greeted her for the first time.

Xu Wen had a faint smile on his lips and patted his belly gently: "Baby, no matter you are a boy or a girl, I just hope you will be healthy!"

The drawings for the Kaya were completed in mid-November.

Ma Liang felt like he had found a treasure, and Deng Kai was also extremely excited.

When they left with the finished drawings, they came specially to say goodbye to Xu Wen.

"Comrade Xu Wen, to be honest, I wasn't confident that you could remember how much you remembered when I came here. I apologize to you for my original prejudice." Ma Liang, as an elder and a top figure in the industry pyramid, frankly admitted that he It was his mistake to look down on people at first, and he bowed apologetically towards Xu Wen.

Xu Wen hurriedly shook his head and waved his hands to say no: "Don't say that! I am indeed a layman and don't understand anything. I just have a slightly better memory."

It was Ma Liang's turn to wave his hand, "You are too humble. This is not a good thing! It is simply shocking!"

In fact, Ma Liang should not have come to Rainbow Island. He was not an ordinary shipbuilding designer, but the chief designer of a certain destroyer.

"Before I saw your drawings, our project was stuck in a bottleneck and could not break through. After seeing your drawings, I just came here with the attitude of looking for inspiration."

At that time, Ma Liang felt that even if he came to Rainbow Island, even if it was not possible to ask here, at least he could see the Kaya with his own eyes, and maybe he could get some inspiration.

But they didn't expect to be even more shocked when they saw the Kaya. The technology of the Kaya was far ahead of them.

But before he had time to feel the frustration, he was amazed by Xu Wen's printer and rushed to see off the Kaya.

It's so satisfying!

What's more, she didn't expect that Xu Wen's memory was so terrifying. She really had to remember everything she saw clearly.

With these drawings, it won't take long for them to build a battleship that is more advanced than the Kaya!

At first, Ma Liang and Deng Kai worked on the drawing day and night, fearing that the drawing would be slow and Xu Wen would forget it again.

But Ma Liang was old, and his body couldn't bear it and fell ill within a few days, which delayed the progress even more.

Xu Wen kept comforting them, saying it didn't matter, just paint slowly so that the painting could be more detailed, and reassured them that as long as she had seen it, she would never forget it.

Can you forget? That was a photo taken by a magic mirror, I just forgot to look at it again.

Ma Liang sighed, unable to hide his admiration, "You are such an amazing lesbian! On behalf of our scientific research institute, I would like to say thank you to you!"

Ma Liang bowed. In addition to thanking him, this sentence also revealed his identity.

Unfortunately, Xu Wen didn't quite understand what a scientific research institute was, and he didn't understand the meaning of his words. He quickly helped Ma Liang up and said yes.

Ma Liang got on the boat, thought for a while and then turned back and asked Xu Wen: "Would you like to come and learn to design a boat with me?"

Xu Wen refused directly without thinking, "Sorry, Ma Gong, I'm still in college and a pregnant woman, so I can't spare my energy for the time being."

Ma Liang also knew this, but he cherished his talent and could only leave with regret.

Lu Yuanzheng put his arms around Xu Wen's waist and sighed: "It's so fast! Another year is coming to an end!"

Fast forward to December 1979.

Lu Yuanzheng reported on vacation.

They have a holiday every year, and this year they have an extra two months.

It shall be calculated in the current year and shall be invalid upon expiration.

I met Xu Wen when he was on vacation in 1977.

I went back to my hometown last year for a vacation of 78 years.

Now I am on leave for 79 years.

Lu Yuanzheng and Xu Wen turned over the calendar.

The Spring Festival of 1980 was in February of the Gregorian calendar.

Xuwen's final exam is at the end of January.

That means they have a month to spare.

Taking advantage of the fact that Xu Wen's belly was not very big yet and he could still take care of himself, the family of three decided to take the baby in Xu Wen's belly, who did not have the right to vote, to travel together and slowly return to the north.

In the past, Xu Wen was concerned about not having enough money, but now Xu Wen is a little rich woman.

Xu Wen paid her rent, gave her dividends, and paid back part of the loan she borrowed to build the house.

You can't give it up, otherwise Xu Wen won't feel at ease.

This is enough for their family of three to travel.

The bulk of the income comes from Luo Zemin.

He gave Xu Wen 20,000 yuan in one lump sum and told Xu Wen that it was just a deposit.

There will be more money when the order is completed.

What does 20,000 yuan mean?

It would probably be enough to buy the not-so-good computer that Xu Wen had been dreaming about before, which would be equivalent to about 1.2 million in the future.

Xu Wen thinks that the scarcity of ten-thousand-yuan households in 1979 was about the same as the difficulty of the college entrance examination, Tsinghua University and Peking University, a few decades later, right? !

Lu Yuanzheng was greatly stimulated when he saw the 20,000 yuan.

A lot of things happened on Rainbow Island this year, especially the Kaya incident, which was handled very beautifully. He got two more military medals, one of which was attributed to Xu Wen. She was not from the military, so she deserved the credit. Remember it on him.

A thick stack of 20,000 yuan and two small military medals, placed together, have a bit of a visual impact.

Lu Yuanzheng has a bit of the machismo common among northern men, which is mainly reflected in the matter of supporting his family. He feels that this is his responsibility.

He thinks that his personal ability is not bad. He is already a deputy regiment-level cadre at the age of twenty-five, and his monthly allowance can reach three digits on average. He can barely be considered a young talent, right? !

At the very least, such a resume is quite good in the military.

But no matter how good you are, you can't live without the fireworks of the world.

Lu Yuanzheng sighed and said quietly: "Daughter-in-law, although soft rice is easy to digest, it is not good for your teeth."

Xu Wen was amused, "Comrade Lu Yuanzheng, are you feeling inferior?"

Lu Yuanzheng's eyes fell on the big stack of unity again, and he sighed softly: "Somewhat."

Money, who doesn't like it?

However, his wife's one-time income is more than what he earned in ten years. Any man would feel a little uncomfortable if he left this matter to himself.

Regardless of the aura of his profession, Lu Yuanzheng is just an ordinary man.

Xu Wen thought for a moment, pushed Lu Yuanzheng to sit on the sofa chair, and sat down next to him, "I think we need to have a good talk about this issue today?"

Lu Yuanzheng raised his eyebrows in surprise, "No need? I'm not that stingy! I'm very proud of my wife for being so good!"

He is not so narrow-minded that he would not allow Xu Wen to make more money than him.

This is an affirmation of Xu Wen's ability.

"Maybe it's not worth 20,000 yuan each. What about ten 20,000 yuan? What about one hundred 20,000 yuan?"

Lu Yuanzheng pursed his lower lip, it was really exciting.

"I'm not a greedy person. I don't want to become famous and live a very tiring life. I just want to live a simple life with you and our children. But I don't want us to live in poverty. In the future, the economy will develop very much. Quickly, let me tell you frankly, wages cannot rise as much as housing prices.

I don't want to be the richest woman or a strong woman, but I still hope that our family's economic conditions will be better so that our children will have more choices in the future. "

Lu Yuanzheng listened quietly.

"I mean, our family may have more money in the future, but I don't want this to put too much pressure on you."

Lu Yuanzheng said nothing, and his eyes fell on the 20,000 yuan again.

"Similarly, I don't want this to affect your work. You are very suitable to be a soldier." Xu Wen picked up the medal and gently placed it on top of the banknotes. "In my eyes, the weight of this medal Far greater than this money. Because anyone can make money. There will be a particularly popular saying in the future, 'Every pig can fly when the wind blows'. Opportunities are sometimes more important than ability when it comes to making money.

But in war, there is no such thing as luck. This medal represents the integrity of the territorial waters and territory protected by you and you, and more importantly, the people's livelihood and contentment. Not everyone can do this!

In my eyes, you are the most handsome person with a gun pointed at Custer! "

Lu Yuanzheng bit the tip of his tongue and concluded: "Daughter-in-law, do you want to tell me that it will be normal for our family to make a lot of money in the future, so that I can eat soft food with peace of mind?"

Xu Wen heard that he was relatively settled and nodded, "You can understand that. But what I mean is that there are specialties in the art. You are really a very good soldier. Your home court is here. Don't look away because of your pride. Put it into areas you don't like."

Lu Yuanzheng chuckled, shook his head and nodded, "Okay! You can support me instead!"

He knew what Xu Wen meant by these words.

It was to comfort him and also to tell him not to think about changing jobs again because of this.

Lu Yuanzheng reached out and hooked Xu Wen's waist, "Don't worry, I'm not so narrow-minded. Although it's a bit unpleasant, I will work harder. Your efforts are worthy of you."

Xu Wen, I am very happy that you will consider my feelings and comfort me seriously. However, only an incompetent man would mind if his wife makes more money than he does! A capable man will work hard to become better until he can match the woman he loves! "

No matter what the reason is, a man who dislikes a woman who works harder than him or is more capable than him is not worthy of an excellent woman!

but......

Lu Yuanzheng thought for a while and added: "Of course, what I mean is that I work harder and become better in other aspects."

From the current point of view, even if he died heroically, he would not be able to get 20,000 yuan in condolence money, let alone expect a subsidy.

She can only become better in her own profession and make her proud! "

Xu Wen was relieved.

"However." Lu Yuanzheng continued, "Now that I have said it, I will also express my opinion. Providing for the family is a man's job, and this cannot be changed. Although my allowance is not much, it can provide enough food and drink for the family. It should be enough. As for investing the money you earn or buying something rare, I don't have any problem with it."

Xu Wen said nothing.

Lu Yuanzheng rested his chin on her shoulder, "Give your man some room to show off."

Xu Wen agreed with a hum.

She believed that this was a necessary conversation to avoid conflicts or even estrangement between the two parties in the future. Talking it over in advance is important for their relationship and family harmony.

Lu Yuanzheng agreed with her approach, although he didn't think it would affect their relationship and life.

A few days later, Lu Yuanzheng's leave application was approved.

Their luggage was also packed.

Xu Wenlu took Dongsheng with him during the expedition, and first went to Pengcheng to say goodbye to Xu Wen, Sang Xiaoqing and his second uncle.

Xu Wen and Sang Xiaoqing were in business, so they couldn't close their doors so early and go home to celebrate the New Year. They would have to wait at least a month until the construction sites were on holiday before they could go home.

Then the family of three started from Pengcheng and headed north.

With the current level of the expedition, it is possible to buy a sleeper berth on the train. The journey was relatively painless.

Their first stop was Guilin.

Because he was absent from the last expedition, Xu Wen always felt that there was a little bit of regret in such beautiful scenery.

After leaving Guilin, we went to Jiuzhaigou, from Jiuzhaigou to Zhangjiajie, and finally we went to see the Terracotta Warriors and Horses.

As usual, it's a matter of traveling and learning.

In the past, Xu Wen only talked about geography, history and local humanities.

After the road expedition, a lot of military-related content was added to Dongsheng's journey.

Dongsheng, who has turned six years old, has become a little stronger in absorbing knowledge and can understand more content.

The trains in 1979 had not yet increased their speed and were extremely slow.

Stop and go, a month passed in the blink of an eye.

They arrived in the capital two days before Xu Wen's final exam.

The family of three still chose a guest house with a relatively good scale and environment, and asked for a suite with two bedrooms.

Dongsheng is getting older and needs a room of his own. If you want to stay alone and don't worry about his safety, a suite is just right.

After a short rest, Lu Yuanzheng took Dongsheng around during the day, leaving the room to Xu Wen.

During this month's journey, Xu Wen spent all his free time reviewing. In the last two days, she has also been reading a lot.

She never takes exams seriously just because she is sure.

When Xu Wen was taking the exam, Lu Yuanzheng took Dongsheng with him and told him how great the university Xu Wen went to was.

"When I grow up, I want to be as good as Mom! I also want to get into this university."

"Then you have to work hard, it's hard to get into this school!"

The principal of the university where it was difficult to pass the exam called Xu Wen into his office for a talk after she finished the exam.

"A few days ago, I went to visit Academician Ma, and he mentioned you. I didn't know that the students in our school are so outstanding!" Seeing that Xu Wen was a little confused, the principal added, "Professor Ma is Engineer Ma. I went there a while ago. You are on the island now."

Only then did Xu Wen realize that the principal was talking about Ma Liang, and he hurriedly said, "Thank you principal for the compliment. That's because Ma Liang praised me too much."

The principal shook his head, "Do you know who he is?"

Xu Wen nodded, "Don't you mean the chief designer of a certain battleship?"

headmaster:"......"

"You are right to say that. But he is also an academician of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. He was also my former teacher." Seeing that Xu Wen didn't know much about Ma Liang's true identity, the principal didn't know how to explain it, but it didn't matter. He simply stated the purpose of looking for Xu Wen, "Xu Wen, if it's convenient, can you give a speech to everyone when school starts? Just share your experience on the island."

If it weren't for Academician Ma, he wouldn't have known that this female classmate who had created so many miracles in their school was also a powerful figure on the island.

"Ah?" Xu Wen hesitated for a while before telling the truth, "Principal, it's not that I don't appreciate praise. You know that my wife is a soldier. His vacation is limited, and we have to return to the island on the first day of the new year. If In the past, I could have left a few days later. But now..."

She looked down at her belly and said, "I'm walking alone because I'm afraid my family won't worry about it."

Xu Wen is now five months pregnant, and her belly is already obvious.

The principal hesitated for a moment, "Then after the exam tomorrow? I'll make arrangements to wait until you finish your speech before taking the rest."

"But many students have already bought train tickets to go home. It would be bad to waste everyone's time. Otherwise, can we do it tomorrow morning or tonight?"

The principal thought for a moment and nodded, "Let's do it tonight then!" After the exam in the afternoon, there were no classes in the evening.

Xu Wen left the office building. Lu Yuanzheng and Dongsheng were waiting for her on the roadside. Dongsheng was playing in the snow nearby.

Soon after the snow falls, it will melt when it falls on the ground. Dongsheng can only catch it with his hands, but the snow will still melt when it falls on his hands.

Even so, he had a great time.

"Why are you two waiting here? It's so cold outside!"

"It's snowing and the road is slippery. I'm afraid you'll fall."

Lu Yuanzheng walked a few steps quickly and reached out to hold her.

Even though it was so cold during the Pilgrim expedition, my hands were still dry and warm.

"Come on, let's go eat." Lu Yuanzheng held Xu Wen's hand and greeted Dongsheng.

"Let's eat!" Dongsheng trotted ahead to lead the way.

A family of three cast their long shadows under the dim street lights, which makes people feel warm just looking at them.

In the evening, Lu Yuanzheng and Dongsheng accompanied Xu Wen to give a speech in the school auditorium.

This happened a bit suddenly. Xu Wen was busy taking exams in the afternoon and had no time to write a speech. He just talked casually.

He talked about the hardships he had on the island when he first came to the island, but now he can basically start his daily life.

She always talked about the interesting parts. This was a very unfamiliar life for most of the students, so everyone listened attentively.

Xu Wen knew what the principal meant and conveyed what should be conveyed, such as the spirit of hard work of the soldiers, and the fact that some countries are more advanced and developed than us in all aspects.

The best thing is to encourage everyone to study hard so that they can contribute to society, contribute to the construction of the motherland, and make the motherland stronger.

Only strong countries can have a say in the world.

Her speech was not long because there was an exam tomorrow and the students had to review. Xu Wen didn't want to waste everyone's time.

As a result, Xu Wen once again became a famous figure in the school because of this speech.

Those in the same grade or senior class are used to it.

Every time Xu Wen appears in school, he must make some big noise.

Only the freshmen didn't know her at all.

The seniors said that it is normal not to know, but as long as Xu Wen has not graduated yet, you must remember her name once a year.

Only you can't think of anything you can't do without her.

And I can only hear Xu Wen's legends, but don't even think about meeting her face.

After all, she only comes out once a year, and it's hard for the principal to see her.

Chapter 154

As usual, Xu Wen was unaware of the turmoil he had caused. As soon as the exam was over the next day, a family of three packed their bags and boarded the train home.

When they got home, Xu Wen, Sang Xiaoqing and their second uncle were all there.

Xu Wen used to be the focus of the Xu family every time he came home.

Now that she is pregnant, she is treated like a national treasure in the Xu family.

The whole family gathers together, eats and chats.

If the son-in-law doesn't count.

The eldest brother-in-law Xie Dechun was away on business and was not at home. She only hopes that she can take her son back to her parents' home.

Compared with last year, there are fewer grandmas and more uncles, but there are still the same number of people, but it's just a little bit melancholy.

Zhu Meizhen pulled her and asked questions.

Xu Qiushi silently went to add some charcoal to the stove while he patted Xu Wenleng.

Xiaoqie consciously took on the obligation to watch Dongsheng.

In fact, the six-year-old Dongsheng no longer needs his care, and it is true that they play crazy together.

The dishes on the table have changed a lot compared to last year and are richer.

Zhu Meizhen couldn't help but sigh: "This is like a family! It's so lively. Usually it's just me and your father taking Chunsheng at home, and it feels deserted even when eating."

Xu Qiushi frowned: "The children have just come back and are very happy. Why are you complaining?"

"I'm not complaining! I'm just feeling emotional. There is more money and fewer people."

This year, the money Xu Wen earned basically paid off all the money he owed for building a house. In addition, Xu Wen sent some money home from time to time, and the family's living conditions improved a lot.

"Who's missing?" Xu Wang pointed at Xu Wen, "I wonder if we're going to have a baby soon! Mom, you're wrong. We're all so happy, so let's not say such depressing words."

"That's not what I meant. What I meant is that the family is usually quiet." Zhu Meizhen wiped her eyes with her sleeves, "I won't say it anymore, I won't say it anymore! I'm finally home, I'm happy! I'm happy!"

Sang Xiaoqing winked at Xu Wen.

Xu Wen hesitated for a moment before speaking, "Mom, how about you come with my father to Pengcheng with us?"

Before Zhu Meizhen could say anything, Xu Qiushi retorted: "Why are we going so far away? No one is allowed to guard our home?"

Zhu Meizhen agreed: "That's right! Who gets the work points after we leave? Besides, who will look after the house after we leave? There are still so many chickens, ducks and geese in the house!"

It took a lot of effort for her to grow up so big.

The second uncle clinked glasses with Xu Qiushi, "Brother, I have to say something to you. Although we are not young anymore, we can't hold our children back. It's not as practical outside as at home, but we can make money. Xu Wen and his wife can now If you are busy, you can help them if you go."

"It doesn't matter whether you help us or not. What's important is that we need you." Sang Xiaoqing advised: "Father, mother, if you don't follow us, then who will take care of Yuezi?"

Zhu Meizhen was stunned.

No wonder Zhu Meizhen didn't think about this in advance. In Weizhuang Commune, there was no precedent for a married girl to have a child with her mother's family, so she didn't think so far ahead.

Sang Xiaoqing hugged Chunsheng and rubbed his little face, "Mom, look, even if you ask your husband's family, they can't help her. Xiaozheng's profession is special, and he can't help him when he's busy! If you go to Pengcheng with you, , Xu Wen and I can also see Chunsheng often. When we are free, I can also help guide him.

When it comes to having a baby, Chunsheng will be a little over two years old, so it will be easy to take care of her. It's okay to let him follow us, or he can follow you to the island. There are many of us, so just help us and we will pass. "

Xu Qiushi's lips moved but he said no more words to refute.

Zhu Meizhen was still a little hesitant, mainly because she was afraid that Sang Xiaoqing would be unhappy, "But if I want to ask for help, I won't be able to take care of Chun Sheng."

She was okay with raising one child, but she was afraid that she wouldn't be able to take care of another one. If Chun gets sick or injured due to negligence again, it will easily cause conflicts between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.

"Mom, don't worry! I know this clearly. How could I be so ignorant? I usually ask to take care of us. Can I, a sister-in-law, be so stingy that I won't let you take care of her confinement just for the sake of my own comfort? ?"

Xu Wen is different from other wives, everyone knows this.

Zhu Meizhen stopped talking. Her expression showed that she was moved.

Lu Yuanzheng was particularly discerning and said to Sang Xiaoqing: "Thank you, sister-in-law!"

He is not a gentleman, there is only life and death on the battlefield.

If a turtle can keep all his comrades alive without affecting the overall situation, he will be able to stay in the hole even if the enemy stands in front of him and scolds him.

So he still has the ability to take advantage of his mother-in-law, and he also knows that it is better to thank his sister-in-law than to thank his mother-in-law at this time.

Sure enough, Xu Wen, Sang Xiaoqing, Xu Qiushi, Zhu Meizhen and the second uncle all laughed.

Only Xu Wen knew his little thoughts and secretly rolled his eyes.

Xu Wang also smiled, but the corners of his mouth drooped after he smiled, "You all go to Pengcheng, so won't I be the only one left?"

Wouldn't it be extremely difficult to return to your parents' home in the future?

It's the Chinese New Year every year.

In the past, she could run to Xu's house when something unhappy happened to her at Xie's house. Where would she go in the future?

Thinking of this, she felt a little sad.

"Why don't you and your brother-in-law come to Pengcheng to do business?" Xu Wen suggested, "It won't be a problem. I can take you with me."

He is now very familiar with Pengcheng and knows which business is easy to make money.

Xu Wang shook his head without thinking, "Impossible."

She sighed and said, "I am definitely willing. But your brother-in-law and his family are definitely not willing."

Xu family members were silent.

If Xu Wen didn't owe so much money on his house. If it weren't for the fact that my second uncle and my second aunt had no place to go after their divorce last year.

Xu Wen would not suggest that they go to Pengcheng. At that time, I happened to have my uncle and nephew as companions, so everyone felt relieved. Otherwise, the Xu family would not agree to Xu Wen going out.

For most members of Weizhuang Commune, the fertile land under their feet is the basis for people to live and work. As long as they don't die of hunger, no one wants to leave their hometown.

The outside world is not only unattractive to these people who have never seen the world, but also makes them very nervous and frightened.

Xu Wen knew this was due to ignorance.

But sometimes the ignorant are not fearless. On the contrary, they will be very resistant to the outside world.

They rely on their way of life in exchange for food and clothing through labor and are unwilling to change.

In particular, Xu Wang's father-in-law is the captain of their production team.

In the past or in the future, he would be the village chief. Uncle Lu Yuanzheng knew that both the captain and the village chief were more prestigious people.

Her father-in-law told the production team everything. The Xie family's living standard is one of the best in the team, and they don't have to worry about food and clothing. How could they agree to go to Pengcheng just because the Xu family all went to Pengcheng?

Not only would he not go there himself, he would also not let his son and daughter-in-law follow him.

At home, the work that Xu Wang does on weekdays is lighter than that of his co-workers.

What are you doing going so far away when you have nothing to do?

How can it be better to leave home?

Although Xu Wen didn't agree with this somewhat pedantic thought, she knew she couldn't change it.

This kind of thinking is particularly common in rural areas and is deeply rooted.

Xu Wang's eyes were a little red, he sniffed, and said with a forced smile: "Look at me! You're talking too much! It's a good thing you all went! It proves that Wenzi and Qingqing made money and lived well there. Ask if you have a mother who has a baby It's a good thing to help. As for me, I miss you and will go see you."

Everyone at the table knew that the last sentence was nonsense.

When Sang Xiaoqing went to Pengcheng, Xu Wen came back to pick her up. How could the Xie family or the Xu family agree with Xu Wang to go to such a far place?

Xu Wen felt a little distressed.

She and Xu Wang have a weak relationship, but the original owner was brought up by Xu Wang and is very close to her.

Xu Wen thought for a while, stood up, took out a hundred yuan from his bag, and handed it to Xu Wang.

Xu Wang hurriedly waved his hand, "Why are you giving me money? You still have so much money, I can't take it!"

"It's not for you, I want you to take it and buy some delicious food to take home."

"It won't take so much."

Ten or eight yuan is considered a heavy gift, how can anyone give away a hundred yuan at once?

"Sister, please listen to me first." Xu Wen took Xu Wang's hand and forced ten big unity cards into Xu Wang's hand. "It's fine, but my brother-in-law won't be willing to go to Pengcheng. But what if it's for money?"

"What's the meaning?"

"The second brother is willing to go to Pengcheng because he is forced out by debt. Your family has no debts, and my brother-in-law does not have such pressure. If you want his family to agree, you have to spend a lot of money. Just talk about how good Pengcheng is, why? If they can't feel it, they won't believe it. You have to let them see it and feel it, and they will naturally be tempted."

Xu Wen's method was very simple and crude, just throwing money at him.

To put it bluntly, he was showing off his wealth in front of the Xie family.

The first step in Xu Wen's plan was to spend a lot of money on gifts. He's just a brother-in-law. When Xu Wen's brother and sister came back, they gave him a gift of 100 yuan. How much money did he have to earn to be so arrogant?

My brother-in-law and his family will definitely be curious.

Then, Xu Wen would ask Xu Wang to go shopping from time to time, and go to the county or city. He would never come back empty-handed. He would buy four or five sets of clothes at a time, and both adults and children would share.

It's still some time before the Chinese New Year! Take it easy.

As time goes by, I can't believe that Xie Dechun is not tempted.

Money is the biggest worry for ordinary people.

Xu Wang still felt a little distressed after hearing this, "Then how much more do you have to spend for nothing? No, no! No one's money comes from the strong wind. According to what you said, it must be at least five or six hundred, right?"

"Then do you still want the whole family to meet often?" Xu Wen asked her.

"Of course I do. I can't waste money so much even if I think about it!" Xu Wang still disagreed.

What can you do with so much money?

"Sister, you should have heard the saying, 'If you don't let go of your children, you can't catch the wolf!'" Xu Wen used an old saying to persuade her, "Money earned is spent. As long as things are done, the money will be well spent. Besides, Believe me, the money spent now seems like a lot, and it will be well worth it when you look back in the future."

Xu Wang was persuaded to be a little relaxed.

"Besides, you were so kind to me when I was a child. The wedding gift money helped your second brother get married. After the marriage, all the pocket money saved was used to support the family. You have been criticized by the Xie family these years, right? Don't you? We all know it too. Now it's my turn and my second brother's turn to support you and let you hold your head high at your husband's house!"

Although Xu Wen had no experience, he knew from his memory and Zhu Meizhen's occasional words that Xu Wang's status in the Xie family was not high.

Even though they are all ordinary people, Xu Wang is still getting married.

If she hadn't given birth to a son for the Xie family, her mother-in-law's powerful mouth alone would have made her cry every day.

In Zhu Meizhen's words, "Woman! Only when your mother's family is established can you not be angry with your husband's family."

The Xu family was poor, but they were unwilling to exploit Xu Wang and always advised Xu Wang not to take care of the family.

She couldn't really see that her family couldn't survive, so she would buy some food and drink from home from time to time.

Her mother-in-law gave her money and tickets to buy clothes. She basically saved up and bought clothes for Xu Wen or Sang Xiaoqing.

Originally Xu Wen just wanted to be nice to Xu Wang. In addition to buying clothes for Xu Wang like last year during the Chinese New Year, he also secretly gave her some money to keep for herself. This time, she wanted to be a little more high-profile.

Xu Wen and Sang Xiaoqing also persuaded Xu Wang.

Although the couple felt a little sorry for Xu Wen's way of spending money, they felt even more sorry for Xu Wang.

Even Zhu Meizhen, who has always been thrifty, didn't say anything against it, and even tried to persuade her: "You have a lot of money now. If she has the ability to help you, don't shirk it! We are all sisters, so we should help each other." "

So the matter was settled.

When Xu Wang went home after dinner, Xu Wen and Lu Yuanzheng picked out a lot of things brought back from the two families for Xu Wang to take.

The back seat of the bicycle and the handlebars were so full that Yuanbao almost had no place to sit.

Xu Wang left with tears in his eyes.

Xu Wen kept his word. He spent the past ten days or so on spending money.

I walked from Weizhuang Commune to the county seat and then from the county seat to the city. I mainly bought something practical but still visible to others.

If you want to buy something these days, you not only need money but also tickets. The tickets that Lu Yuanzheng usually issued finally came into use.

Furthermore, money can make the world go round, and tickets can be bought.

Afraid that just buying clothes wouldn't be enough to show off, Xu Wen also bought a set of pure gold jewelry for each of Zhu Meizhen, Sang Xiaoqing and Xu Wang.

The three people walked side by side, with a golden light and a strong aura of nouveau riche.

Of course Lu Yuanzheng and Xu Wen had to accompany him. Their only role was to carry bags.

Lu Yuanzheng asked Xu Wen, "Why don't you buy yourself a set?"

He asked out the curiosity of several others.

So Xu family members stared at her with burning eyes.

They all knew that Xu Wen was definitely not reluctant to give up money.

Because when Xu Wen bought gold jewelry, Xu's family didn't agree. They all thought it was too expensive and refused to buy it.

Only then did Xu Wen confess the fact that he was from a household worth ten thousand yuan.

It's really not a big deal to buy a few hundred yuan worth of gold jewelry for a household worth ten thousand yuan.

Xu asked: "..."

Otherwise, why are there such creatures as straight men in the world? !

Her aesthetics is still stuck in her previous life, and she is not very interested in such gold jewelry.

If she had to choose, she would rather have platinum jewelry or jade jewelry.

But platinum is not popular now, here we only have silver jewelry.

After a long while, Xu Wen picked a half-true and unconvincing reason, "I don't like wearing jewelry, and I'm allergic to gold. Whenever I wear gold jewelry, I get red and swollen."

It's true that I don't like wearing jewelry, but it's false that I'm allergic to it.

Lu Yuanzheng raised his eyelids and pointed to the jade shop not far away, "Then go buy a jade bracelet! Jade nourishes people."

Xu asked: "..."

Xu's family also tried to persuade him, but Xu Wen couldn't refuse.

She actually doesn't understand jade and can't tell whether it's good or bad.

But Lu Yuanzheng understands.

Lu Yuanzheng walked around in a circle and pulled Xu Wen away without even asking about the price.

Xu Wen pointed at one of them, "Isn't that pretty?"

"Not worthy of you."

Xu asked: "..."

What you said makes me look like a noble!

She teased Lu Yuanzheng: "Lu Yuanzheng, are you reluctant to buy it for me?"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..." He returned to the counter without saying a word, "Boss, give us this jade bracelet."

Xu Wen quickly stopped him, "I was just joking."

Lu Yuanzheng was only willing to leave after her strong persuasion, and promised: "When I turn around, I will find two pieces of good jade for you."

Xu Wen didn't like jewelry either, so he pulled him away.

By spending money like nouveau riche, not only did Xu Wang's status in the Xie family skyrocket, but Zhu Meizhen and Sang Xiaoqing also became influential figures in the Taoyuan production team.

The economic situation of the Xu family in the production team is not the worst, but it is definitely not good.

Most people knew that Xu Wen went out to work to pay off debts.

It has only been a year, and I heard that the Xu family's debts have been paid off. I don't know how much money Xu Wen earned. Both mother-in-law and daughter-in-law also wore gold necklaces and gold earrings.

Not many people in the production team have gold jewelry. How rare it is!

The team members had to ask anyone they met, not to mention that Zhu Meizhen had to go out and show off without anyone asking.

This is a common problem among ordinary people. During the holidays, they must "compare" with the filial piety of their sons and daughters.

If someone's daughter gives you a New Year's gift or a Mid-Autumn Festival gift, if it's any good, you have to tell everyone about it.

It's not malicious, it's mainly to pass on a good reputation of filial piety to the children.

Zhu Meizhen is the center of attention wherever she goes now.

Chapter 155

This time Zhu Meizhen didn't need to speak, the aunt and uncle took the initiative to surround her and ask questions.

"Xu Wen has made a lot of money in Pengcheng? Look at your family, everyone is wearing gold and silver clothes, and their shoes are brand new!"

Everyone in the production team thought Xu Wen bought it, and no one thought about Xu Wen.

First of all, Xu Wen is a girl. How can a married daughter spend money like this on her parents' family?

Secondly, Xu Wen is a college student. How can college students have any money? Even if you join the army, it only costs ten yuan a month.

"It's not bad! It's better than farming." Zhu Meizhen said happily, "My daughter-in-law bought the clothes, and the son-in-law bought the jewelry."

To be precise, Sang Xiaoqing rushed to buy the clothes.

She was embarrassed to always take advantage of Xu Wen. Besides, Zhu Meizhen had to take care of her and Xu Wen's children for a year, so it was right for her to buy new clothes for her mother-in-law.

As a result, after the front foot rushed to pay, Xu Wen also bought her a set of gold jewelry, which made Sang Xiaoqing even more embarrassed.

The older one pulled Zhu Meizhen and asked questions, while the younger wives all gathered around Sang Xiaoqing and talked nonsense.

The content of the chat was similar. The elders were concerned about how much money Xu Wen earned in Pengcheng.

In addition to being curious about the income of Xu Wen and his wife, young people are also curious about the differences between southern cities and northern cities.

Sang Xiaoqing told everyone in detail some of the differences in life and diet between the north and the south.

"Don't talk about anything else! Your whole person has changed a lot in the six months since you have been out!" A woman who had played well with Sang Xiaoqing in the past said with emotion.

In the past, everyone worked in the fields, and their hands and faces were tanned due to the wind and sun, making them look several years older.

So did Sang Xiaoqing before.

Every spring when farming is busy, when the dry and cold wind from the north blows, the skin outside the clothes will without exception turn black and become dry and chapped.

I stayed in Pengcheng for more than half a year this year. Although it is hot there, probably because it is close to the sea, the air is very humid. My overall complexion is particularly good, and my skin is much softer.

Sang Xiaoqing only works in the store on weekdays and rarely sees the sun. She is much whiter than at home.

In addition, I interacted with all kinds of people every day in Pengcheng, gained a lot of knowledge, and my whole temperament also changed.

People who get along day and night can't tell, but like members of the production team, who used to see each other every day but haven't seen any obvious changes this year, can clearly see the change.

Another one nodded in agreement, "Just like the women in the city! She's fair and young, look at her skin."

As she said this, she stretched out her hand and put it with Sang Xiaoqing's. Sang Xiaoqing's skin was several times brighter than hers, and her skin was also more supple.

However, this daughter-in-law was only married last year, and she is three or four years younger than Sang Xiaoqing! When we played together during the Chinese New Year last year, everyone praised her for her young age and good skin.

There is a saying that if there is no comparison, there will be no harm.

Those young wives were immediately envious.

"Xiaoqing, you are really lucky! Men love you, your parents-in-law love you, and even your eldest aunt and sister-in-law are so kind to you!"

"Yes! I said before that if the Xu family is so poor, marrying a daughter-in-law like Xiaoqing would be like smoke on the ancestral grave! I didn't expect that this year has passed, and I have a house and money. It's great!"

"..."

Other Sang Xiaoqing could be modest and praise her family, but Sang Xiaoqing could only agree with it, "I was lucky enough to marry into the Xu family! In fact, we all benefited from my sister-in-law!"

She now has plenty of money, and just like Xu Wang before, she will inevitably help out when she returns to her parents' home.

Her mother-in-law's family also praised her for being lucky, saying that she had taken advantage of her sister-in-law.

Everyone agrees with this.

"Don't tell me, your sister-in-law is very capable! She is the only female college student in our entire commune!"

"Xu Wen has been different from us since he was a child. We girls are worthless female dolls, so-called money-losing goods. From the time we are sensible, we have to cook and take care of our younger brothers and sisters. When we are older, we have to give up the opportunity to go to school to the boys at home. , get married as soon as you have a big family, and the betrothal gift money is used for brothers in the family to find wives.

Like a boy, Xu Wen was pampered by his family and went to school when he was old enough to go to school. The Xu family was so poor that they gave Xu Wen a wife and didn't even bother to stop her from going to school! "

"You are making such sarcastic remarks! Why didn't you stop? Our county didn't have a high school for several years. Wasn't Xu Wen also earning work points in the production team?"

"It's just to earn work points. What kind of work do we do? What kind of work does she do?"

They were all out in the fields, and Xu Wen was recording work points at the brigade headquarters.

"They are well-educated! Can you remember me? After all, I am the one who has the ability! Isn't the whole commune only allowed to question one high school student? Between all the men and women, who has better grades than her?"

The person who made the sarcastic remarks suddenly became silent.

In the face of absolute strength, jealousy is meaningless.

Sang Xiaoqing answered: "Who says it's not?! My family is a girl's family even if you ask me. Even ordinary men can't compare to it. Let me tell you, on the island..."

She picked up what she could and talked about Xu Wen's great achievements on Rainbow Island.

For example, the electricity, schools, and business currently used on Rainbow Island were all Xu Wen's ideas.

As for the Kaya thing, that was something that couldn't be discussed, and Xu Wen didn't tell her either.

Those who heard those harsh words could not even feel bitter anymore, only envy and admiration remained.

Xu Wen's "bad idea" was only intended to target Xu Wang's husband's family.

I hope the Xie family can relent and let Xie Dechun and Xu Wang go to Pengcheng.

The result is that "the trees planted with intention will not survive, but the willows planted with no intention will provide shade."

Or it can't be said that it should be because the trees are alive and the willows are creating shade for some reason.

The Xie family was fascinated by Xu Wenyitong's wealth, and now Xu Wang is the only one in the family.

Xie Dechun always obeyed Xu Wangyan, but the wind blew by Xu Wang's pillow again at night.

He was the first to surrender and told his parents about wanting to go to Pengcheng.

As a result, Captain Xie refused, and Xie Dechun was so angry that he returned to his room.

But his mother was moved and helped to persuade the captain.

"Dechun is a man! What's wrong with going out to explore? You see, the Xu family used to be so poor that they wished they could wear one piece of clothing together.

Xu Wen has only been out for a year. Look at how rich Xu Wen and Sang Xiaoqing are now. "

Captain Xie's pipe pot was making a loud chirping sound.

He's not blind.

Xu Wen didn't say much. Although the girl grew up in the production team, everyone in Taoyuan Brigade knew that she had been good-looking and fashionable since she was a child, and the Xu family was pampered and had never really suffered much.

The changes between Xu Wen and Sang Xiaoqing were really big.

Xu Wen used to be a very energetic young man with starry eyebrows and sharp eyes. When I work in the production team, I am diligent, quick and able to endure hardships.

But the family conditions are here, no matter how nice the person is, it is difficult to talk about getting married.

Later, it was not until Xu Wang got married that he had the gift money for his wife.

After being away for a year, my personality and speech are much more stable than before, and I can see that I am as shrewd as a businessman.

The point is that you really have money.

He used to look down on the Xu family's marriage and felt that it would be bad for his family to have a poor relative.

Fortunately, Xu Wang is a good daughter-in-law, and the Xu family never comes to disturb her.

In all kinds of red and white matters, he always advances and retreats in a controlled manner, and he never embarrasses anyone.

This time, brother and sister Xu Wen and Xu Wen went home to celebrate the New Year, just like a money printing machine.

They were given food and drinks, and even more than one set of clothes and shoes.

They are all men, who is not a little ambitious?

However, some stubborn thoughts cannot be changed by a heartbeat.

In the end, Xie Dechun's father still shook his head, "No! Both Dechun's brothers have moved out. He is the only one at home. He cannot be allowed to go out again. I am already so old. I will retire in three to five years. Wouldn't it be nice to let him fill the vacancy of captain, so that the whole family can have food and drink?"

"What's so good? A whole family works hard to make a living, but one person can't earn as much as others. In the past, when the Xu family was poor, you looked down on the Xu family. You were afraid that others would take advantage of you. Now the tide is turning, and it's the Xu family's turn to be rich. I wonder if you have the face to be a big brother to others when you meet your in-laws? Just look at the way your nostrils turn upward when you see Xu Qiushi... Heh, just wait until they lower their heads to look at you next time!"

"Being the eldest brother is not because we are rich!" Captain Xie glared, "It's not because I am older? Besides, you have the nerve to call me snobbish? When De Chun wanted to marry Xu Wang, I didn't know who would hold the rope. Unless Xu Wang came in, she would hang herself!"

Grandma Xu Wang became anxious when she heard this, "Who are you talking about? I don't know who had eyes that reached the top of his head and was picky about others..."

"..."

Our house is not soundproof, and you can hear your farts from the next door.

Xu Wang was sitting on the kang in the back room with a bad expression.

In the first half of the conversation, her parents-in-law spoke in a hushed voice, but she couldn't hear them clearly. Now, the two of them were so anxious that they forgot to shut up, so she heard everything clearly.

She knew that the Xie family was not very kind to her at first, and she thought it was because they were not familiar with each other at that time. After all, they had been treating her well in the past few years.

She and her mother-in-law didn't say they were blushing, but she didn't want them to see her like this all the time.

Xie Dechun was also sitting on the kang, feeling a little restless at the moment. Seeing Xu Wang's face getting more and more ugly, he hurriedly came to her and wanted to hug her, "Don't listen to your parents' nonsense! They are angry. Talk quickly..."

Xu Wang pushed him away and interrupted him coldly: "Are you just talking out of hand, or are you and your family really thinking about it? Why did you look down on me for asking for marriage in the first place? It's not that I, Xu Wang, can't get married!"

She is Xu Wen's biological sister. Xu Wen's appearance was praised as the best in the whole commune. Even if Xu Wang was not so good, how could she be so bad?

The number of young people in the whole commune who want to marry her is no less than when Xu Wen first spread the word about finding a partner.

She chose Xie Dechun because the two were classmates and knew each other better than others.

Xie Dechun smiled apologetically: "I know! I secretly liked you first. Don't be angry. I'll tell my parents later!"

Xu Wang pushed him away again, got off the kang and put on his shoes, and called his son Yuanbao out.

Xie Dechun was anxious, "Where are you going?"

"Since your family looks down on our family and thinks we are poor, then I will just go back to our family."

As soon as Xu Wang went out, her parents-in-law realized that they had said the wrong thing.

But Xu Wang didn't give them any chance to make amends, and led his son away without even saying hello to them.

Xie Dechun hadn't put on his shoes yet, so he complained to his parents while carrying them: "Father, mother! How old is Yuan Bao? Why are you still doing that little thing? Can't you live a good life? Besides, you two are still healthy and can go to the ground. What's wrong with me, a grown man, going out to make a living? Maybe I can make more money than my brother-in-law! When I come back, your faces will be bright, right?

How come you are so old that you still don't have the ability to speak? Can you be happy only if my wife and I are separated from each other? "

By the time he said the last sentence, he had already picked up his shoes and rushed out.

Xu Wang's parents-in-law were left for a long time to react.

The pipe pot in Captain Xie's hand hit the ground hard: "You bastard! Are your wings stiff? How dare you talk about me?"

Mother-in-law Xu Wang glared at him, "You deserve it! You are so lenient! Your daughter-in-law and son are both angry! Let's see who will take care of you when they grow old!"

Captain Xie snorted heavily, "I never counted on him!"

Mother-in-law Xu Wang let out a long sigh and said with emotion: "This person really has a hard back when he has money. Look at Xu Wang who married into our family, when has he ever shown such shame to us like today? He was all coaxed by us. We spent little of the pocket money we gave her on herself, but we tried various ways to subsidize her parents' family. This brother of her parents' family made a lot of money, and her temper also got worse!

Head, I think you are going to stop me again. Maybe who will be in charge of this family next year? ! "

Captain Xie choked for a moment and did not retort. He pushed Granny Xu Wang and said, "Go, go, go and cook!"

Granny Xu Wang cursed and went to cook.

In the end, Xu Wang used this excuse to make a big fuss, and his parents-in-law relaxed and said that they would be allowed to follow him to Pengcheng next year to try.

It's just that the Xie family is different from the Xu family.

The whole Xu family is focused on one place.

Each Xie family has its own agenda.

Xie Dechun really cared about Xu Wang and was afraid that she would get divorced.

He knows his wife, and he also knows that his brother-in-law and sister-in-law are never easy to mess with.

Especially sister-in-law Xu Wen, she would definitely dare to persuade Xu Wang to divorce her.

Lao Taishan and his mother-in-law would not wrong their daughter for the sake of fame.

In other words, my parents always felt that Xu Wang was high up on their family.

If Xu Wang is willing to go to Pengcheng, he will go with him.

Eunuch Xu Wang didn't want to be compared with his in-laws.

Mother-in-law Xu Wang was afraid that she would be poorer than the Xu family in the future and would not be able to use her mother-in-law's airs to show off.

In this way, the whole family reached an agreement with their own thoughts.

This is considered a tree planted, and the willows planted are other young people in the commune.

After the Xu family showed off their wealth, it was not just the Xie family who were jealous.

They were so high-profile that everyone in the commune heard that their family had made money in Pengcheng.

Many relatives who usually don't move around came to Xu's house with their things for the first time.

Ask Xu Wen about Pengcheng.

What he meant was that he wanted Xu Wen to take them or their children to work in Pengcheng.

Xu Wen didn't dare to do this. Doing business was not the same as farming.

Although some people are good at farming and some are not good at farming, the only difference is that those who are good at farming will receive a few hundred catties more, while those who are not good at farming will receive a few hundred catties less.

No matter what, if you don't starve to death, you can at least eat a little.

But there are profits and losses when doing business!

If Xu Wen hadn't been making suggestions, he wouldn't have been able to guarantee that he would make money.

The second uncle is even worse than himself. He was equivalent to helping Xu Wen look after the store. From purchasing to selling, Xu Wen was in charge of everything.

On the street where he and Sang Xiaoqing opened the dumpling restaurant, there were countless owners changed in a year.

Some people make a lot of money, and some people lose everything.

He relented and took people out, and by the end of the year everyone was happy after making money.

If he loses money, why don't everyone block the door and scold him to death?

If you encounter someone who is unreasonable, you might blackmail him and rely on him to compensate for the loss.

Not to mention it's a thankless effort, but it's all in vain!

Even if you make little money without losing money, or make no money at all, you will still talk about him.

For example, if you hide something private and make money yourself, you don't care what they do.

Therefore, the Xu family received the people who came to give gifts politely, but they did not let go.

It only means that if you really want to go, you can go by yourself, but it depends on your fate whether you make money or lose money.

A strong worker in the family cannot earn any work points for a year, which is even worse for less wealthy families.

If you don't make money or lose money, who will dare to go?

One by one, they left angrily and scolded Xu Wen for being petty, fearing that they would share his opportunity to make money.

Xu Wen and Xu Wen could only laugh it off.

Pengcheng is now experiencing rapid economic development, and opportunities to make money are everywhere.

No one can cover up the sky with one hand.

Even though Xu Wen is exhausted, he cannot monopolize all the opportunities to make money.

Their behavior only made the Xu family more determined not to meddle in this matter.

Of the ten people in the production team, seven are illiterate, two can barely write their names, and only one is considered literate.

If you go to such a far place without anyone to take you, you might get lost, which would cause trouble.

So Xu Wen didn't let go. No matter how dissatisfied they were, they could still stop.

No one dares to leave their hometown and go that far.

To put it bluntly, they are in trouble.

He dared to morally kidnap Xu Wen. If he didn't take them to Pengcheng, it would be because Xu Wen was petty, dishonest, ruthless, and did not care about the feelings of his relatives or neighbors.

But he didn't dare to be more ambitious and go to Pengcheng to try his luck.

At night, Xu Wen lay on the bed leaning against the bed, with Lu Yuanzheng and Dongsheng's heads pressed against her lower abdomen.

"It's moving, it's moving! It's moving again!" Dongsheng shouted in surprise, "My little sister said hello to me!"

"Yes." Lu Yuanzheng hummed lightly, but his eyebrows were as surprised as Dongsheng's.

When the fetal movement first started, it was only once or twice a day. It was so light that no one except Xu Wen could feel it.

Can't be heard or touched.

It was like there was a small fish tank in Xu Wen's belly.

It is simply unrealistic to touch or listen to the sounds of small fishes between the belly and the fish tank.

As Xu Wen's belly grew bigger and bigger, the fish tank gradually turned into a balloon.

With his hand on her belly, he could feel the slightest movement.

You can hear it if you listen carefully.

Xu Wen is more than five months pregnant.

The pregnancy period is generally calculated in weeks. The so-called ten-month pregnancy refers to the forty week of pregnancy.

Every four weeks is a month, which is slightly different from the usual calendar.

Calculating according to normal dates, the pregnancy is actually less than nine months, that is, a little over nine months.

So Xu Wen was less than five months pregnant according to the actual date, but it was over twenty weeks.

Dongsheng, who had always felt insecure and resisted the prospect of having a baby, gradually became less repellent because he felt the movement of the baby in his belly.

He would come and touch or listen to it from time to time.

Xu Wen also told him that although the baby in his belly could not be seen, he could feel and hear it, and taught him to talk to the baby in his belly.

I originally wanted to coax Dongsheng a little bit, just hoping that he could develop more feelings for the child in his belly.

Who would have thought that Lu Yuanzheng believed it when he heard it, and competed with Dongsheng every day to talk to the child in his belly.

Moreover, he also instilled in Dongsheng the idea that Xu Wen must have a younger sister in his belly.

Chapter 156

Xu Wen rolled his eyes and said, "There is a 1/1 chance that you will say it is 100% the same. When the time comes to give birth to a baby, I will see how you can convince Dongsheng!"

As a result, Dongsheng changed sides on the spot: "She's just a sister! I heard her tell me she was a sister."

Xu asked: "..."

Xu Wen definitely didn't believe it, but Zhu Meizhen, Sang Xiaoqing and Xu Wang all believed it.

They all agreed that children are very spiritual and can feel the gender of the fetus in their belly.

Otherwise, it is said that babies have yin and yang.

Xu Wen didn't believe this kind of thing without scientific basis, but he also refused to listen to them.

Even if Xu Wen took a step back and said that Dongsheng was already six years old, it didn't count as a baby and couldn't communicate with yin and yang, it would be useless.

How do you say that?

Don't try to wake up someone who is pretending to be asleep.

As a result, the whole family, except Xu Wen, always thought that Xu Wen was pregnant with a girl.

And Zhu Meizhen also listed many other "evidences".

For example, if the pregnancy belly is pointed, it is a girl, and if it is round, it is a boy.

She said that Xu Wen's belly was pointed.

Even though Xu Wen looked in the mirror for a long time, he still didn't know which point it was.

There is also a line above and below the belly button of pregnant women, which will become more obvious during pregnancy.

They say that this line will turn black if you are pregnant with a boy, but not if you are pregnant with a girl.

Xu Wen was so pale that he couldn't even see the lines clearly, so she must be a girl.

Xu asked: "..."

Couldn't it be because she is very white?

There is also a saying that pregnant women who are pregnant with girls will become more beautiful and have whiter skin and better skin, while pregnant women who are pregnant with boys will become ugly, such as spots and dark spots on their faces.

Xu Wen couldn't get any paler, but her complexion looked better, which proved that she was pregnant with a girl.

There is also a very traditional saying called "Qing Gong Biao", which also takes into account that Xu Wen is a girl.

Xu asked: "..."

Okay, if you are happy, then just think of it as a girl!

Anyway, you will know after unloading.

Just like that, even though the lottery hadn't been drawn yet, everyone agreed that she would give birth to a girl.

Among them, Lu Yuanzheng and Dongsheng are the most important. This father and son are especially looking forward to a girl.

Xu Wen looked at the young and old with a smile, somewhat helpless.

A fetal movement is often only a few times, and it lasts for a long time.

Dongsheng waited for a while, when he felt sleepy, he yawned and fell asleep between Lu Yuanzheng and Xu Wen.

The six-year-old boy was not sleeping in an honest position, and Lu Yuanzheng was particularly afraid that Dongsheng would hit or kick Xu Wen in the stomach.

But it's too cold in their hometown, and they don't come back all year round. The room is not popular and feels cold.

If Dongsheng slept by himself, he wouldn't be as warm as the bed.

Lu Yuanzheng stared at Dongsheng for a while, then suddenly said: "How do you get that earth heater you mentioned? I want to try it."

Xu Wen shook his head, "That's too troublesome! It's just a waste of charcoal after pressing it. It's not necessary. How many days do we only come back and stay a year?"

"A few days' stay is also a stay. Every day it's warm counts as a day."

"But the Chinese New Year is coming soon, and it doesn't matter whether you can buy a radiator or not."

"The saying you often say, 'Money can make the world go round' is quite true sometimes."

Xu asked: "..."

Lu Yuanzheng is a man of action. Early in the morning on the first day, he ran to the city alone to buy a radiator.

Radiators are only used in buildings here, and they are basically found in houses allocated by employees.

Ordinary people can't afford to light a stove, so who can use earth heaters?

The expedition in the afternoon followed a small truck back, and the bicycle he rode away was also pulled back by the small truck.

Xu Wen and Dongsheng heard the commotion and went out to take a look, and they actually let him buy it.

The quality should be determined first hand.

After Lu Yuanzheng finished unloading the goods, Xu Wen paid and then asked, "Where did you buy this thing?"

Lu Yuanzheng touched the tip of his nose: "Scrap station."

Xu asked: "..."

"So, he was the owner of the scrap yard just now?"

"Um."

It's not that Lu Yuanzheng is reluctant to buy a new one, it's mainly that he has no tickets.

Everything you buy now requires a ticket.

It's hard to buy and exchange so many tickets during the New Year. When he was about to give up, he passed by a scrap station. He had an idea and went in to ask. Although this one didn't have any, they recommended another scrap station to him. Lu Yuanzheng rushed over and saw this set of radiators that had just been removed from someone else's house. They were in very new condition.

There are no tickets for buying junk.

Lu Yuanzheng sent Xu Wen and Dongsheng to Xu's house, and returned to the courtyard to start tinkering with the radiator according to the heating principles Xu Wen told him.

Radiators were installed in all five main rooms, including the bathroom he modified for Xu Wen.

He also dismantled the stove at home and replaced it with a small boiler he bought in exchange for money.

No matter how small an industrial boiler is, it is not too small to put in a home, occupying half of a utility room.

After finishing it, Lu Yuanzheng went to the coal factory to buy some charcoal and came back.

I bought it on a business-to-business basis through an acquaintance.

If you buy tickets personally, where can you get so many tickets?

This busy work lasted until midnight, when Lu Yuanzheng lit the boiler and filled the coal.

As a result, there were still a few places that were not ideal, so I dismantled and reinstalled them again. I finally breathed a sigh of relief when I heard the sound of circulating water.

When he felt the warmth of the radiator, it was already dawn. Seeing that it was still early to pick up Xu Wen, Lu Yuanzheng lay back down again.

It was already noon when I opened my eyes again.

He washed his face, went to Xu's house for lunch, and then Xu Wen and his mother returned home.

Xu Qie heard that there was heating, so he was very curious and came to play here.

Xu Wen thought that it was just right, he was keeping company with Dongsheng, but Dongsheng changed places and was afraid of admitting him.

The heating has been circulating for a whole day, and the charcoal has been added during the expedition. It has been burning, and the temperature in the room has gradually increased.

As soon as I walked in, it was warm.

Xu Wen took off his bulky military coat and handed it to Lu Yuanzheng, rubbing his frozen hands, "This is a familiar feeling!"

The heating in the north is so nostalgic.

After having the heater, Xu Wen didn't like to go out much.

Fortunately, it's also the Chinese New Year.

On New Year's Eve, the family of three went to Xu's house for dinner as usual.

The food is very sumptuous, but the Xu family cannot set off firecrackers or post couplets this year, which makes it feel a bit lacking.

Because of grandma.

Grandma has been gone for a whole year.

Before eating, Zhu Meizhen picked some food that grandma liked and asked Xu Qiushi and Xu Wen to "deliver" it to grandma.

In fact, it means going to the grave and burning it.

Although I don't know how it became popular to say that burned things can be received by dead people, but to a certain extent, this practice can indeed comfort the living.

Make up for some irreparable regrets.

After the New Year dinner, Lu Yuanzheng and his wife went home.

Dongsheng didn't come back, so he followed Xu Qie and played with his whip.

Although the Xu family cannot set off string whips, children can still play when they should.

Xu Wen felt that he would have to come over early tomorrow morning anyway, so he agreed.

After the two of them returned home, Xu Wen took a rest while Lu Yuanzheng picked up new year's goods and went to send New Year's greetings to his uncle and uncle.

To send New Year's greetings is to send New Year's goods, usually from the younger generation to the elders.

Xu Wen, like Lu Yuanzheng, had all the necessary etiquette, but it was obvious that he was becoming more and more alienated from his uncle and brother-in-law.

In the past, I would write personal letters to my family from time to time during the expedition, and I would also send some money to my uncle and uncle during holidays to show my filial piety.

However, throughout last year, Lu Yuanzheng did not write a single letter.

Everyone knows why.

Lu Yuanzheng was lucky to have survived. What if he really didn't survive?

He originally entrusted Gu Gu because his uncle and uncle were relatives and he trusted them.

Xu Wen's appearance was a surprise.

At that time, Lu Yuanzheng believed that his family could be kind to Dongsheng.

He has always concealed Dongsheng's life experience from the people in his hometown, hoping that they would regard Dongsheng as his son.

To the uncle and uncle, Dongsheng is their cousin.

And that time. Xu Wen and Lu Yuanzheng were still a plastic couple, and they were even more incompatible with Dongsheng.

As a result, Xu Wen had to take care of Dongsheng even if he had to fight for his future. Although it was not called sacrifice in her eyes, it was in the eyes of others, including him.

His uncle and uncle also spread rumors to slander Xu Wenkefu and ruined her reputation because they didn't want to take care of Dongsheng.

No matter how generous Lu Yuanzheng was, he couldn't ignore it.

It's just that when he came back, his uncle and uncle had already been punished. He couldn't say anything more, but his heart was still alienated.

No matter how estranged he is, the Lu family has been kind to him in raising him up. He cannot be ungrateful and must still give him gifts during the holidays.

The uncle was fine. When he saw Lu Yuanzheng, he put down his things and left. He just sighed and said nothing more. He asked him to come over for dinner tomorrow morning.

Lu Yuanzheng said he would go to Taoyuan Production Team to celebrate the New Year.

The uncle was startled for a moment, his expression obviously hurt: "In our case, on the first day of the Lunar New Year, girls are not allowed to visit their parents' homes."

"Generally speaking, this is indeed the case." Lu Yuanzheng nodded, "But Xu Wen is pregnant now and needs someone to take care of him. In addition, tomorrow is grandma's death anniversary, so this year in the Xu family, we are keeping to the old customs."

The Xu family has not been allowed to post couplets and set off firecrackers for three years, nor go out to pay New Year greetings, so this year they can break the custom.

The uncle let out a long sigh, with a sad look on his face, but in the end he didn't say anything.

Lu Yuanzheng went home again and picked up the new year's goods for his uncle to send him New Year's greetings.

My brother-in-law is about the same, but my aunt-in-law is more concerned with food than with fights.

"I heard that Pengcheng is very profitable?" The aunt seemed not to notice Lu Yuanzheng's alienation and asked enthusiastically, "When you leave, will you take your uncle with you?"

Lu Yuanzheng refused: "Auntie, I'm not in Pengcheng. I'm on an island, still one day's journey from Pengcheng." If you go around the road.

"One day is not far. I see that your uncle has made a lot of money in Pengcheng. Can you tell your uncle to bring your uncle with you?"

Lu Yuanzheng chuckled lightly, adding a bit of irrepressible sarcasm to his tone, "Auntie, my uncle is petty and hates grudges. Why did you pass on Xu Wen's words before, but my uncle still remembers it! You Dare you ask my uncle to follow him to Pengcheng? Are you afraid that my uncle won't come back?"

The uncle shivered.

The little aunt's face also became ugly.

Xu Wen, who was playing with his son at home, sneezed twice in a row and wondered: "Who is talking bad about me?!"

The sound of firecrackers on the first day of the Lunar New Year in 1980 is still lively and festive.

Xu Wen probably has a posterior uterus and her belly is not too prominent.

She wore a loose red sweater and a thick coat, and her hair was simply tied into a bun.

Dongsheng is wearing a small denim jacket and a pair of small leather shoes, which looks very fashionable.

Lu Yuanzheng was similar to Xu Wen, wearing a dark red sweater, a woolen coat, and black leather shoes.

It was not yet five o'clock when they arrived at Xu's house. Zhu Meizhen saw the three of them coming in and putting dumplings into the pot.

Except for Zhu Meizhen, who was busy at work, everyone else still had to say hello to the New Year one by one even if they separated last night.

Especially now that there are more children at home, the atmosphere of New Year greetings is even stronger.

Xu Qie took the lead and led Dongsheng and Chunsheng to kowtow to Xu Qiushi and ask for red envelopes.

Sang Xiaoqing and Xu Wen also gave the three of them thick red envelopes.

Zhu Meizhen, who was serving dumplings to the table, saw this and sighed: "The conditions in this family are better, and the children's red envelopes are thicker!"

"It will be thicker next year!" Xu Wen said firmly.

Zhu Meizhen nodded, "That's right! You are young and working hard to make money this year! Your father and I are old, so we can't do anything but help you take care of the children and cook."

"Mom, it's crucial that the logistics work is done well." Lu Yuanzheng took the initiative to distribute dishes and chopsticks to everyone, "Look at our Comrade Xu Wen! She is the best military dependent on the island, and she has done a great job in logistics support! Here we go! My comrades-in-arms and I have been relieved of a lot of burdens.

They were generating electricity, building schools, and doing business with military families. Before going home, I went to the headquarters for a meeting. Our military commander said that I would give Comrade Xu Wen a special award later! "

Uncle Xu Wen, Sang Xiaoqing and Xu Wen were not surprised to see him often.

Xu Qiushi and Zhu Meizhen were very proud after hearing this, and they followed up by praising Xu and asking questions.

Only Xu Wen asked Lu Yuanzheng calmly: "Then...will you give me a bonus?"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

Xu family: "..."

After Xu Wen and Lu Yuanzheng had dinner, they had to go back to their home to pay New Year's greetings to their uncle and uncle.

On the way, Lu Yuanzheng asked Xu Wen, "Do you have any other ideas?"

"Ah?" Xu asked but didn't understand what he meant.

"In the past few days, every time someone comes to ask for Brother Yi to take them to Pengcheng, you have a thoughtful look on your face. I will occasionally see you in a daze at home."

Xu Wen was shocked, "Lu Yuanzheng, you make me feel very insecure! It feels like I have no secrets in front of you."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

Xu Wen was just joking.

After finishing the expedition, Dou Lu sighed softly and felt a little confused: "I am indeed thinking about it, but there are no specific regulations yet. This year will be a year of particularly big changes for us.

Related to us, for example, this year urban residents will be able to build or buy their own houses. This year, the production team's big-pot-eating model will also change, and our Weizhuang Commune should be able to ensure household production. There will be five special economic zones.

besides......"

Xu Wen glanced at Lu Yuanzheng and said, "You should also have reforms related to the economy. The details are not clear. But you'd better be mentally prepared. You will probably have to make money to support yourself."

"Huh? What do you mean? Provide for yourself?" Lu Yuanzheng frowned. Their funds were all funded by the state.

"That's the literal meaning. My understanding is that you probably have to earn your own military pay."

"You mean we have to earn money for weapons and food while fighting?" Lu Yuanzheng didn't believe it and thought Xu Wen was joking.

"That seems to be the case."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

"But don't be afraid of this yet, it won't be now. If I remember correctly, such a policy should not be issued for another four to five years.

But doing business is a cumulative process. You can't receive a notice today and become a nouveau riche tomorrow, earning enough milk powder... No, military pay and allowances, right?

I want to start planning for you in advance.

You see, we will be on the island for some time in the future. There are currently no ordinary people on the island. How can you do business?

You can't let the soldiers work hard all day and make handicrafts like the sisters-in-law and sell them, right? Or let your comrades take turns to train today and go to the construction site to move bricks tomorrow? "

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

Both men knew that this was unrealistic.

Even though Lu Yuanzheng is considered an "academic master", he can't help but want to cheat at this moment. "Do you have anything in your memory about how the army did business in this era?"

He wanted to learn from it.

Xu Wen glanced at him sympathetically, "You might want to cry even more if I tell you. According to my limited understanding, many troops are stationed in the city, and they usually 'make holes in the walls,' that is, opening fans on the external walls. Door, rent out the houses along the street to merchants, and then use the rent collected to invest in other businesses."

Of course there are other ways, but this is really beyond the scope of Xu Wen's knowledge or common sense.

The magic mirror can't search for it either. After all, many things related to the army are classified, so what can be found is rare.

Of course, it would be useless to search for it. After all, given the current conditions on the island, he does not have normal business qualifications.

Lu Yuanzheng also knew this. After thinking for a while, he asked Xu Wen, "Tell me, if I go back and apply to Lao Lian for changing units this time, will he agree?"

Xu Wen was stunned for a moment, then smiled unkindly.

Laughing until tears came out.

"You're not going to go on a long expedition, are you? You don't flinch in the face of the enemy's thousands of troops, so you just change units to do business and become a deserter?"

Although Lu Yuanzheng was joking, he was really embarrassed: "Daughter-in-law, you also know that there is a saying that 'it is difficult for a clever woman to make a meal without rice'."

When Xu Wen started doing business, Xu Wen also gave him a thousand yuan of start-up capital.

What do they have on Rainbow Island?

An island smaller than Wei Zhuang Commune has no permanent residents other than the garrison and military dependents.

There isn't even a decent house, so why would they dig holes in the wall?

Even if there were, who would the holes be drilled for?

"That's why I'm thinking of a way!" Xu Wen said softly, "You see, so many people actually want to go out and have a career. If there is a suitable business on our island, we can ask them to come to the island. At least their wages will be guaranteed. For the people, it's okay to be a little bit tired and a little bit tired, as long as they don't have to pay their wages in arrears."

Lu Yuanzheng nodded, "Well, daughter-in-law, think hard. If you have any ideas, tell me as soon as possible. If I can't do it, I will file a report and apply to support you."

Xu asked: "..."

"Didn't you say that eating too much softened food is bad for your stomach?"

"My wife said that there are specialties in the arts. She is responsible for making money to support the family and I am responsible for protecting the family and the country. I have to listen to my wife."

Xu asked: "..."

Three hundred and sixty-nine walked out.

This is a common saying spread in Weizhuang Commune.

It means that those who want to go on a long journey, it is best to go out on the third, sixth or ninth day of the lunar calendar, so that the journey will be safe and everything will go smoothly.

Lu Yuanzheng's vacation ended at the end of February in the Gregorian calendar. In order to accommodate his time, the Xu family decided after discussion that the family would set off for Pengcheng on the sixth day of the Lunar New Year, which was also the end of February in the Gregorian calendar.

Before leaving, a string of particularly loud firecrackers were set off for good luck.

The road was particularly lively this time.

With a family of thirteen adults and children, how can it not be lively?

Several gentlemen were too embarrassed to let Lu Yuanzheng buy so many sleeper berth tickets. They found it too expensive and were afraid of causing trouble to Lu Yuanzheng. They just said that they would let the children and women sleep in the berth, and they could sit on the hard seats.

No matter how much I try to persuade him, he won't let go.

Xu Wen had no choice but to say to Lu Yuanzheng: "Just follow them! This is purely due to some incomprehensible pride of a grown man."

My father-in-law insisted on sitting on a hard seat, and his two sons-in-law, Lu Yuanzheng and Xie Dechun, had to accompany him.

Chapter 157

Of course Xu Wen and his second uncle followed him and sat on the hard seats.

The remaining four women and four children asked for six sleeper tickets.

Sang Xiaoqing insisted on sharing a bed with Chunsheng, Xu Qie was too old to share a bed, and Dongsheng and Yuanbao shared a berth.

In fact, what Xu Wen meant was that each of the thirteen members of the family would get a sleeper ticket. Lu Yuanzheng happened to be eligible, and Xu Wen had a lot of money.

In her view, money earned should be used to improve the quality of life.

Since you have the ability, why not make your life and that of your family more comfortable? !

It's a pity that it's useless for them to talk to each other.

The Xu family obviously doesn't think so.

Once you get used to being poor, you will subconsciously try to save as much as possible.

Xu Wen made it clear that some deep-rooted thoughts cannot be changed all at once. The future is long, so take your time.

I wandered slowly on the road for a few days.

From the north where snowflakes are falling, we arrive in Pengcheng in late spring.

The clothes on my body ranged from a bloated cotton coat to a single jacket outside my autumn clothes and long trousers.

A few young men, who were so energetic that they were not afraid of the cold, simply changed into single clothes and trousers.

The daytime temperature in Pengcheng at the end of February is around 20 degrees, which is considered a relatively comfortable season, neither too cold nor too hot.

Lu Yuanzheng and Xu Wen stopped listening to the Xu family's opinions this time and insisted on opening a few better rooms in a better hotel.

The distressed Zhu Meizhen kept saying that Xu Wen was a prodigal and could not survive.

Xu Wen knew that she had no ill intentions and was accustomed to being thrifty. She simply cared about money.

Xu Wen, his wife, Chun Sheng and his second uncle all have a place to stay in Pengcheng and do not stay in the hotel with them.

Xu Wang's family of three, Xu Wen's family of three, Zhu Meizhen and his wife were left with Xu Che.

Since Xu Che was a bit old, a standard room was opened for him and Yuan Bao, and Dong Sheng also ran to join in the fun.

There are four rooms in total, and each room costs fifty yuan a day, which is two hundred yuan a day.

For a diligent and thrifty housewife like Zhu Meizhen, this price is really a sky-high price, and it is still an unnecessarily high price.

It would be strange not to talk about Xu Wen!

Xu Qiushi and the others felt the same way. They all felt that spending 200 yuan a night was not a waste of money.

It's just that he knew that the room was already open and he couldn't leave. If he continued to talk about it, he would make his daughter and son-in-law unhappy, so he even pulled Zhu Meizhen to signal her to stop reading.

On the first day, everyone did nothing and rested for most of the day.

The next morning, the family went to a tea restaurant to have morning tea and tour Pengcheng.

On the third day, Xu Wen, his wife and his second uncle were ready to open for business.

Xu Wen and Lu Yuanzheng rented a relatively spacious yard not far from them for Xu Qiushi, Zhu Meizhen and Xu Wang's family of three to stay temporarily.

Xu hopes that they will not be able to rent a door and do business immediately when they first come here.

They also have to try out which line of work they are suitable for.

Xu Wen had no objection and secretly left a thousand yuan for Xu Wang before returning to the island.

Of course Xu Wang refused.

"Sister, I said the same thing when my second brother came last year. You don't have to use this money, or you can pay it back to me when you make money, but you have to take it. In business, there are profits and losses. It's okay if you make money. How will you live your life if you lose money?"

"We brought the capital." Xu Wang still refused to accept it.

"I know. You haven't been a householder, how much capital can you bring? If you make money, everyone will be happy. If you have to lose, your husband's family won't blame you to death? And even though husband and wife are one, but..."

I'm afraid that if I really lose the money, my brother-in-law will also feel resentful.

Xu Wen hadn't finished speaking, and Xu Wang knew it and didn't refute.

"Sister, since I can call you here, I won't let you go back in embarrassment. You should keep this money in your hand just in case. Believe me, our family will live a better life! We can all do it! Make a lot of money."

Xu Wang finally accepted Xu Wen's kindness, and the two sisters whispered for a while.

Wait until Saturday, and Rainbow will come to deliver goods as usual.

Years ago, her second uncle came home a month later than her, so someone else would deliver the goods.

This time during the New Year, I saved for another month and accumulated a lot of goods. My second uncle's cart made two trips.

It happened that Xu Qiushi and Xie Dechun were both there, helping to transport everything back.

Xu Wen spent most of the day clearing his accounts, and then he followed Lu Yuanzheng and brought Dongsheng and Xu Qie back to the island.

Originally, Lu Yuanzheng and Xu Wen invited Xu Qiushi and Xu Wang to go to Rainbow Island, but they refused to go.

First, I felt that even the island where I was stationed was a very sacred place and not suitable for ordinary people to go.

Secondly, I wanted to help my children with their children.

Xu Wen is living a comfortable life on the island. There are still a few months until birth, so there is no need to worry for the time being.

But Xu Wen and the others still had to do business, fearing that they would be too busy.

Especially Xu Wang, who is new here and has a lot to do! How can parents not care?

Xu Wang also brought Yuan Bao over, leaving Zhu Meizhen to take care of the two children alone.

After all, it's not yet time to start school.

Yuan Bao also wanted to go to the island with him, but Xu Wang refused.

Xu Wen had a big belly and brought three wild boys with her, but she couldn't rest well without making a fuss? !

The reason why Xu Che was allowed to go was because Xu Che was already eleven years old and could help with some work.

Once back on the island, Xu Wen and Lu Yuanzheng were still busy with various things.

Lu Yuanzheng needed to hand over work to Shi Lei and prepare to switch defenses again.

Many of the soldiers who landed on the island last year should come back this year, and there are still some soldiers here who have never left the island who have to be replaced.

What is different from last year is that fewer and fewer people want to leave the island, and more and more people want to come back.

So who should leave and who should stay became a headache for Shi Lei and Lu Yuanzheng.

Xu Wen was also busy, so he still had to dry out the moldy bedding and clean up first.

However, she has two little helpers, Xu Qie and Dongsheng, who only need to use her mouth to command.

After tidying up the bedding, we went to see her private plot as usual.

In fact, before leaving, Song Baoying and the others helped take care of the vegetable garden.

Xu Wen usually comes from the plot, just to look at her durian tree and squeeze some milk.

"Mom!" Dongsheng, who was in the lead, walked around the private plot, ran back, and excitedly reported to Xu Wen: "Dahuang actually gave birth to a baby. It's black and white!"

It took Xu Wen three seconds to realize that Dahuang was his own cow.

Dongsheng is young and often names a cow and then forgets it, then chooses a new one, or simply changes it when he thinks of a new name.

This time the name is less like a cow and more like a dog.

Last year, the cow gave birth to a calf, but for unknown reasons, the calf was stillborn. Xu Wen did not tell Dongsheng.

Xu Wen touched Dongsheng's head and said, "Dongsheng, can you give the cow a fixed name? If you do this, it won't know who you call it."

Dongsheng said oh, wrinkled his face and started thinking of a new name.

While talking, Xu Wen also arrived and saw the baby calf.

Compared with the mother cow, the calf is very small. As Dongsheng said, it is a black and white baby cow.

Xu Qie and Dongsheng were both very excited. They walked around it and wanted to touch it from time to time, which made Mother Cow look at them frequently.

Xu Wen knew that the mother cow was pregnant, but he did not expect that the cow would give birth to a baby during the Chinese New Year.

Xu Wen had herded cattle and sheep before, and he knew them fairly well.

Sheep are social animals, and breeding does not require the breeder to pay special attention.

Sheep can give birth to two litters of babies a year, at least one at a time.

The most that Xu Wen had ever seen was one sheep giving birth to six babies.

Cows give birth once a year. In the days of the production team, the cows needed to be taken to the "stall" when they gave birth.

"Pairing" is the local dialect of Weizhuang, which means breeding.

Cows and bulls need to be kept alone together, and then separated after they are done.

The cows are similar. Last year, when they were pregnant, they were sent to Pengcheng to find a strong black and white cow to complete the "penning".

The calf looks healthy and has the same coat color as its father.

Xu Qie and Dongsheng excitedly walked around the calf for a while, discussing the names of the mother and the baby.

They say that small cows are called black and white, and big cows are called yellow and white.

Xu asked: "..."

Xu Wen couldn't accept this name, so he thought about it and discussed it with them, "Although the name Black and White is okay for the time being, what should you call the mother cow's black and white calf next year?"

This question stumped Xu Qie and Dongsheng.

"Think about what you have seen in daily life. Are there any things that are black and white?"

"Piano keys!" Dongsheng raised his hand first.

Xu Che: "Eyes."

Dongsheng: "Football."

Xu Qie: "Chess piece."

"panda!"

"zebra!"

"..."

The two talked a lot.

Xu Wen suggested: "So, do you want to choose a suitable name for the little cow among these? Or change it appropriately, because it is a 'little girl'. For example, the chess piece can be called Qiqi, and the panda can be called Panpan. ."

The eyes definitely won't work.

Finally, they decided on the name Panpan, and the two of them also agreed that if they have a baby next year, they will call them Qiqi. The baby bull is called Qiqi.

The name of the cow stuck in Wanwan's mind.

Because her horns are curved.

The Lantern Festival is here in the blink of an eye.

The cooking team still took care of all the soldiers and cooked dumplings and glutinous rice balls respectively.

Unlike a few decades later, refrigerators were still rare items, so there were no quick-frozen dumplings or glutinous rice balls on Rainbow Island.

They are all made freshly by the sisters-in-law.

Sisters-in-law in the south make glutinous rice balls, and sisters-in-law in the north make dumplings.

The soldiers in the cooking class helped knead the noodles, cut the fillings for dumplings, and make fillings for glutinous rice balls.

Xu Wen had nothing to do, so he came to help roll out the dumpling wrappers.

As she was wrapping them, she thought, Xu Wen and Sang Xiaoqing mainly sell dumplings.

If you buy a freezer and freeze the dumplings, can you deliver "takeout"?

However, given the temperature in Pengcheng and the existing traffic conditions, there is a fear that the frozen dumplings will melt when delivered to the door.

And you can't order food over the phone. Even if Xu Wen can pick up the phone, most people don't have phones at home.

Still inconvenient.

How to solve this problem?

While Xu Wen was deep in thought, the other sisters-in-law were busy chatting.

In fact, there is nothing to talk about on the island. We have lived here for a long time and lived together for such a long time, so there is basically no new topic.

But many sisters-in-law, like Xu Wen, have just returned home to celebrate the New Year. Naturally, they have new topics to talk about when they come.

The sisters-in-law who stayed behind on the island also shared their interesting stories during the New Year.

"Speaking of which." Wang Lingling glanced at Xu Wen gratefully, "I really want to thank you, sister-in-law. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't be where I am today."

The two of them were in the dumpling-making group and could see each other when they looked up.

Xu Wen laughed out loud: "Sister-in-law, you are exaggerating! I thought this sentence was usually given to a savior or mentor."

Xu Wen doesn't touch either of these.

Wang Lingling thought about it seriously, "Then I think you are both my savior and my mentor."

Seeing that Xu Wen disagreed, she was a little anxious, "I'm not saying this to flatter you or to please you, it's true! We are poor and backward over there, and girls are the least valuable."

Most people give birth to girls, it seems, just to raise them and get married in exchange for betrothal money, which can be used as betrothal gifts for the boys in the family to get a wife.

The same goes for Wang Lingling. She grew up in such a bad environment and married into a family with similar ideas. She has always been timid and humble.

Being a daughter-in-law is actually worse than being a girl at home.

No matter how partial your parents are, they are still your parents, not as cruel as your mother-in-law.

The saying that a daughter-in-law of many years becomes a mother-in-law is still applicable to Wang Lingling and her family. In their case, the mother-in-law is still the head of the family.

When a new daughter-in-law enters the house, she must follow the rules.

Wang Lingling also suffered from her mother-in-law's anger. Her husband was not at home all year round and there was no one to speak to her. However, she suffered a lot and was beaten and punished from time to time.

Especially since she had never been able to give birth to a son, she was often scolded.

After coming to the island, I learned a lot of words from Xu Wen and Wang Ying's literacy class, and I was also able to do simple arithmetic.

He also did business with Xu Wen, and with the military allowance, he could earn about thirty yuan a month on average.

Coupled with Xu Wen's subtle influence, she knew that women can really hold up half the sky.

My thoughts, experiences, culture, etc. have all changed a lot since I came to Rainbow Island.

This time when she went home with her husband, everyone in her family looked at her with admiration. Her parents' family and her husband's family all praised her.

When her mother-in-law scolded her, she retorted.

The first time she resisted, her mother-in-law was not used to it and wanted to beat her. Being protected by her own man gave her more confidence.

After one or two quarrels, the son and daughter-in-law all had the same idea, and the mother-in-law became timid.

Before coming here, her mother-in-law was very polite to her.

Wang Lingling usually talks very little, and most of the time she gives off a feeling of inferiority and cowardice, always hunchbacked. I rarely look people in the eye when talking to them.

This time I came back feeling a lot more confident, and I was able to say so many things.

Everyone also talked about their own experiences, and most of them were compliments and questions.

Especially those sisters-in-law who misunderstood Xu Wen last year, they apologized profusely.

Xu Wen was done with his anger, so naturally he wasn't angry with them anymore.

Wang Lingling came to Xu Wen's side and whispered, "Sister-in-law, I'm pregnant too!"

Xu Wen let out a surprised sound, and then congratulated her: "Congratulations."

After all, Wang Lingling came to the island to have a child in the first place, but she was unable to have one.

As early as last year, Wang Lingling and her squad leader Wang went to the hospital for a check-up on Xu Wen's suggestion. The doctor said that both of them were fine, but Wang Lingling might have been unable to get pregnant because of too much mental stress.

I have been thinking about this and have always wanted to conceive a son. Isn't it stressful?

Being able to get pregnant shows that Wang Lingling has really broken through herself!

Xu Wen was truly happy for her.

After the Lantern Festival, it's the beginning of school again.

Dongsheng goes to kindergarten, and Xu Qie goes to elementary school on the island.

Among the female students recruited by Xu Wen, all those who were supposed to come back came back, and those who didn't want to come back also stopped coming.

Of the twenty people who came there before, only less than half came back.

Part of them felt that it was too hard on the island, and part of them felt that they had already learned how to study on their own. There was no need to go to the island and they could study at home.

Xu Wen respected their choice. Anyway, within half a year, those who could spark sparks with the single warriors all became couples.

However, Xu Wen still couldn't take any time off.

The second batch of female students came to the island. Thirty-two female students came this time.

Xu Wen's belly was getting bigger and bigger, so he rarely bothered with anything.

Most of the time I spent teaching students, and then taking Dongsheng and Xu Qie to play in various ways.

Catch the sea, catch fish and shrimps, collect shells, and study delicious food.

The soldiers are still enthusiastic about helping the new girls on the island adapt to island life.

In their spare time, they quarried stones and cut trees to build houses for the girls.

Only Lu Yuanzheng and Shi Lei were extremely busy.

After the defense list is decided, another group of soldiers will leave and another group of soldiers will come. This is like a boatload of changes.

After changing it, train and break it in again.

Moreover, the training tasks this time are even tighter because fighters with top comprehensive abilities must be selected to participate in international competitions.

Lu Yuanzheng was particularly worried about this matter.

With Lu Yuanzheng's ability, of course he was also one of the people who went abroad to participate in the competition, and he was the one responsible for leading the team.

He was afraid that if he really went abroad or had a closed training camp, he would miss Xu Wen's birth.

Even if I catch up, I'm afraid I won't be able to serve Yuezi.

Chapter 158

Xu Wen warned him: "The children are indeed very important during the long journey! I also particularly hope that you can accompany our mother and son. However, I don't want you to become a 'deserter' because of this."

For example, when participating in the selection, you deliberately let yourself go and failed.

"Besides, the specific time for the competition has not been determined yet? Maybe you can accompany me through the confinement period?"

Lu Yuanzheng was not so optimistic. "It's just that we haven't determined the specific day to leave. It's not that we haven't determined the time for the competition. Before going abroad, we have to train. The training must be closed, and we still can't meet in person."

As a result, Lu Yuanzheng received a training notice the next day.

Xu asked: "..."

"Lu Yuanzheng, have you ever opened your mouth before?!"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

Lu Yuanzheng didn't even have time to comfort Xu Wen.

The job he had just accepted had to be temporarily handed over to someone else. Then take the selected young warriors to gather at the central island, and then take them to other places for secret training.

Since it is a secret training camp, where and how long it will take to return will be kept secret.

"I'm sorry!" Lu Yuanzheng blamed himself very much, "I left you behind on the wedding day. I'm afraid I won't be able to be by your side again when you have a baby."

Xu Wen was also a little sad, but she didn't dare to show it, otherwise Lu Yuanzheng would blame herself even more.

She could only comfort Lu Yuanzheng as if nothing had happened: "It's okay! Mom will come to the island to stay with me in two days! You have no experience in taking care of a confinement child anyway."

Lu Yuanzheng sighed, obviously not comforted.

Xu Wen tried again to persuade: "Look, we are not the worst off. What is the name of the third company? The wedding date has been decided, the guests at home have been notified, and the vacation report has been approved. This is not because of the competition, and the vacation is also taken. If it doesn't work out, I won't be able to get a wife. It's the same for everyone."

Lu Yuanzheng didn't want to talk anymore.

The scene Xu Wen described was particularly familiar.

After a while, Lu Yuanzheng said: "Suddenly, I feel that our profession is prone to 'scumbags'."

Xu Wen thought for a while and nodded in agreement: "It does look a bit like it. They all look like marriage fraudsters. They don't care if they get cheated. They don't even care if they don't get cheated. They can let the bride go at the wedding. She usually lives a widowed life and is a single parent after giving birth to a child. Take care of your baby."

She said and put her hand on Lu Yuanzheng's waist, "But, it's because of this that I feel that you are even more great! Since you are destined to sacrifice your little family, then protect 'everyone' well. What you go out to represent is our country, and strive to win the first place." One of them came back as a greeting gift to our child!"

What else can Lu Yuanzheng say? Nothing to say is superfluous.

On the day Lu Yuanzheng left, Xu Wen didn't go to see him off.

She is afraid of crying.

She was even more afraid that Lu Yuanzheng would feel distressed when he saw her crying.

Of course, Lu Yuanzheng didn't give her a chance to see her off.

Before dawn, he quietly led his soldiers away.

Xu Wen felt a little empty.

In fact, when we were together, Lu Yuanzheng was busy, and Xu Wen often didn't see people.

Two people under the same roof often can't speak a word for a day or two.

We had just separated, so it shouldn't be like this, but Xu Wen was inexplicably sad.

It seems that mother and child are connected, and the child in the belly moves more frequently than before.

She was due to give birth in less than two months.

Xu Wen tried hard to adjust his emotions and stop thinking about the journey.

She tutored the girls in their homework during the day, and in the evening, after finishing her homework with Xu Qie, she took the two of them to the beach to play.

Maybe it's dangling against the house boat, maybe it's surfing.

Xu Wen is definitely not good at surfing, but Dongsheng can teach Xu Che.

She usually just sits on the recliner, eating fruit and watching them, as long as there is no danger.

At this time, thoughts will overflow.

The baby in the belly will also move around, and occasionally you can see an obvious bulge on one side of the belly.

"You miss dad too, right?" Xu Wen patted his belly, "I miss him too."

But thinking that he couldn't solve any problems, Xu Wen had to force himself to be busier.

What can an expectant mother who is more than seven months pregnant do?

Many pregnant women find it difficult to take care of themselves for more than seven months.

For Xu Wen, sleeping is the first big problem.

My belly is already very heavy and I feel visibly bulky when I walk. I tire easily and it is even harder to sleep.

The option of sleeping on the stomach has long been removed from Xu Wen's sleeping position.

Even lying on my back became uncomfortable, so I had to lie on my side.

But lying on your side is different from before pregnancy. The belly tends to drop toward the bed, which makes the lower back tired easily.

Turning back and forth, the more I lay down, the more tired I became.

Xu Wen finally felt the feeling that a sister-in-law had talked about during a pajama party.

I can't eat, I feel full as soon as I eat, and my stomach feels uncomfortable.

I couldn't sleep, and I was still awake until early in the morning.

This is torture.

Xu Wen often sat alone on the swing in the yard, looking at the big moon or the stars in the sky and thinking about the journey.

Sometimes I feel so wronged that a person secretly sheds tears.

Fortunately, the other sisters-in-law took good care of Xu Wen.

Doudou's mother, Song Baoying and other sisters-in-law who had children all knew that Xu Wen was not feeling well right now, so they tried their best to find time to talk to her.

Doudou's mother also made two cylindrical pillows for Xu Wen, one long and one short, for her to sleep on.

"This is what I learned when my mother made it for me when I couldn't sleep when I was pregnant. You can put the long one behind your back and the short one under your belly. It will be much more comfortable."

Xu Wendao thanked her and took them home. She found that these two pillows really made her feel much more comfortable.

Xu Wen had an idea and asked Doudou's mother to make more of these and sell them in Pengcheng.

"How many people can buy this thing?" Doudou's mother smiled and shook her head, "It's very simple and doesn't take much effort." There is no tiger-toe shoe with high technical content.

"Believe me. For people in rural areas, this thing is common and can be done casually, but for people in cities, it is still very rare."

Of course Doudou's mother believed in Xu Wen and agreed without saying a word, "Then I'll listen to you!"

Xin Xu asked, there is money to be made.

Nowadays, there are a new group of sisters-in-law on the island. Some were discharged from the army last winter, some are new to the island this year, and some are transferred from the island.

Some of them were people I had met the year before, and some were new faces. It was a familiar process.

When the new sister-in-law came to the island, she would still hold a pajama party as usual, but Xu Wen was not feeling well and did not attend. It was Song Baoying and other old sisters-in-law who organized the party. "

After the new sisters-in-law found out, they also came to do business with Xu Wen, and each of them paid the stall fee.

The unsold goods of the sisters-in-law who have left the island are still sold by the second uncle on their behalf, and the money is then remitted to them.

The business of the military wife's grocery store is getting more and more prosperous.

First, the quality is passed.

Secondly, Xu Wen often helps plan some marketing activities.

Third, because many products are sold in limited quantities for a limited time.

Although it is not intentional, it is considered hunger marketing to a certain extent.

In particular, many buyers thought it was expensive at first, and thought about buying it again after a while, but when they came back, it was out of stock.

Of course the buyer will ask Uncle Er to replenish the goods.

The second uncle spread his hands and smiled bitterly: "The things in my shop are all made by military wives. They follow their men to make a living on the island. When the men retire from the army and return to their hometown, they will naturally leave too. Even if they don't retire and transfer to another unit, they will follow. . Where can I go to replenish supplies when everyone is gone?"

So since then, many people have known that many items in Ershu's store will not be replenished if they are out of stock, so they can buy more generously.

Xu Wen suggested to his second uncle that if any of his sisters-in-law leave the island, he should post notices on the display cabinet.

In fact, I just write the last few items on big red paper.

Gradually all old customers will understand.

Uncle Er's store is not as prosperous as Xu Wen's restaurant, but buyers are more sticky and the proportion of repeat customers is greater. The income is also getting more and more impressive.

Most of the sisters-in-law who follow the business have monthly incomes no less than those of ordinary workers.

Xu Wang and his wife are now doing the same business that Xu Wen once did, selling popcorn and clothes.

Instead of the labor protection supplies that Xu Wen was selling, Xu Wang and his wife were selling clothes for women.

It is much easier to purchase goods now than last year.

Last year, Xu Wen went out to buy goods secretly and was investigated at random.

Now that five special economic zones are about to be opened, the policy on self-employment has become much clearer.

Besides, provincial capital cities like Yangcheng are becoming more and more relaxed about doing business.

Restocking is not as difficult as it was last year.

Now in Pengcheng, the existence of various grain, oil and rice stamps is becoming less and less meaningful because there are more and more individual traders.

Self-employed people only need money but no tickets.

Xu Wen and Xu Wen provided the address, and Xie Dechun accompanied Xu Wang to purchase the goods.

Xu Wang's clothes are already very good. When she was in the production team, the clothes she bought were relatively fashionable in this era.

The goods she bought were very popular with the young lesbians who came to work, and they sold quickly.

When it comes to women's clothing, the stall owner's vision has a lot to do with the business.

The business in Xu Wen's store is also getting better and better.

Xu Wen taught Xu Wen how to use ice packs to preserve dumplings for delivery.

He is responsible for running the factory area, and Xu Qiushi helps him run the hall.

Every evening after get off work, Xu Wen rode his newly purchased pedal tricycle to the factory area and used a loudspeaker to shout from factory to factory.

If you need to order food, submit your menu and he will deliver it at noon the next day.

There are dumplings, noodles and a variety of stir-fry dishes to choose from.

After collecting the orders, Sang Xiaoqing and Zhu Meizhen cooked together the next day.

Before the guests arrived, Xu Wen and Xu Qiushi took care of the children. After the guests arrived, Yuan Bao watched Chunsheng.

Ordinary people's children are skinny, so as long as they don't threaten life and health, they don't care much.

Zhu Meizhen's cooking skills are better than Sang Xiaoqing's, especially when it comes to making dumplings, which are both big and thin with lots of filling.

Once busy, Zhu Meizhen is responsible for dine-in food and Sang Xiaoqing is responsible for take-out.

After finishing the work, Xu Wen rode a tricycle to deliver the goods to every house in the factory area.

There were only a few orders a day at first, but now there are more and more orders, with dozens of meals to be delivered at noon every day.

If there are less, the ice packs are okay, but if there are more orders, it will still be lumpy before delivery because there are not that many ice packs.

Xu Wen thought for a while, drew a few pictures and asked Xu Wen to find a factory that could produce plastic to order a batch of "takeaway boxes".

Just a few decades later, the most common styles for ordering takeout were round deep bowls, or rectangular shallow boxes, as well as disposable dumpling grids and small topping boxes.

Although foam lunch boxes already existed in the 1980s, they were not widely popularized and it was not cost-effective to buy them in small quantities.

In a few decades there will be no such environmentally friendly lunch boxes.

You have to find a factory to make it.

Especially the dumpling grid is made of soft plastic. One portion is twenty, and half is twelve.

Place one dumpling on each grid so that you won't worry about it being squeezed out over time.

Finding a factory was easy. Xu Wen was now familiar with factories like Pengcheng. He said good things and handed him a cigarette, and the workshop director he knew helped him do it.

Because the total number of items he wanted was only a few thousand, which was not really a big order for him.

The workshop director did it with just one sentence.

Seeing that Xu's family members were busy and their days were getting better day by day, Xu Wen felt relieved a lot.

Time passed like this day by day, and Xu Wen's belly got bigger and bigger.

By April, Xu's family wouldn't let her go back and forth to pick up goods, for fear that she would be on the road again one day.

Doudou's mother volunteered to pressure the boat, but Shi Lei was worried and arranged for her man to follow her.

Xu Wen will still follow Caihonghao frequently, and she will go to Pengcheng Hospital for physical examinations regularly.

It used to be once a month, but now it basically comes once every half month.

In addition to teaching female students on a daily basis, she is also taking care of her baby when she is about to give birth.

For daily meals, we either eat in the canteen or have Xu Qie cook.

In the production team, children usually know how to cook when they are seven or eight years old.

During the first half month of Lu Yuanzheng's departure, Xu Wenhui felt very sad because he missed him and suffered from heartburn.

Heartburn is a local dialect in Weizhuang, and it probably means stomach acid burn due to reflux.

According to the experience of other people who have experienced it, they all say that this is because the baby in the belly has long hair.

Later, Xu Wen gradually got used to it, and with Doudou's mother's pregnancy pillow, he could sleep for a while.

The longing for the road expedition gradually became accustomed to it and was no longer so painful.

In fact, she once had a chance to go abroad with Lu Yuanzheng.

They lacked a translator like Xu Wen. Before leaving the country, Lu Yuanzheng sent a telegram back to seek Xu Wen's opinion.

Xu Wen hesitated for a day but still refused.

Competition next month.

She's due next month.

By chance, the two things will happen in one day.

She would not only delay the business but also affect Lu Yuanzheng, fearing that he would be distracted.

Although in theory, the competition should end before she gives birth.

However, the expected date of delivery is not the exact date when the child will be born. It is normal to advance or delay it by half a month.

She didn't dare to gamble, even if the probability of making it in one day was actually low.

Sometimes Xu Wen was glad that he did not follow Lu Yuanzheng.

She is now swollen and looks like dough.

Especially on the legs, if you press it, there will be a pit, and it will not recover for a long time.

She looked in the mirror and felt that she looked ugly now.

Although Dongsheng and Xu Che both praised her for being beautiful.

Women all love beauty and want to remain perfect in front of their lover.

She especially didn't want Lu Yuanzheng to see her current appearance.

Fortunately, Xu Wen didn't have stretch marks.

Or that the stretch marks don't appear on the belly.

Her belly was clean, but due to the late pregnancy, her belly was getting thinner and thinner, and thin dark blue blood vessels could be seen on it.

However, there are lines like stretch marks on the buttocks, like strips of red earthworms, which is really scary.

Fortunately, that location was invisible to most people, including herself.

As for the road expedition...

Xu Wen didn't want Lu Yuanzheng to see this.

At the end of the month, Zhu Meizhen also took Chunsheng to Rainbow Island to take care of Xu Wen's daily life.

In addition to physical discomfort, Xu Wen also had more free time.

It's easy for people to think randomly when they are idle. Although Xu Wen doesn't think randomly, he doesn't want to be idle either.

She asked Zhu Meizhen to get some hens' eggs for her from Pengcheng.

This hen's egg is not that hen's egg.

Because all hens lay eggs, but not all eggs laid by hens can hatch into chicks.

All that can hatch chicks are "hen eggs".

Xu Wen still doesn't know how to tell the difference, but Zhu Meizhen does.

Xu Wen had seen him before when he was at home.

Every time Zhu Meizhen would take an egg and look at it in the sun, she would know which egg can hatch a chick.

After getting the eggs, Xu Wen found a wooden box with gaps, put a light bulb inside, covered it with cotton wool, put the eggs in, and planned to artificially hatch them.

Of course she only provides methods. Three children were specifically responsible for doing the work.

Mainly Xu Qie, supplemented by Dongsheng.

Xiao Chunsheng only needs to be responsible for watching.

The first thing the three children do when they wake up every day is to see if the eggs have hatched into chicks.

This was also killing two birds with one stone for Xu Wen.

Not only can you take care of the children, but you can also harvest a batch of chicks.

Why not?

However, Zhu Meizhen was extremely busy.

I am busy preparing all kinds of swaddling clothes, small clothes, small shoes, diapers, etc. for the unborn baby, and I can't take a moment to relax.

Even though the other sisters-in-law on the island have obviously sent a lot of baby supplies.

The sister-in-law who knew how to do carpentry also made Xu Wen a stroller. It is also a stroller that can be used for lying down or sitting.

I can't resist Zhu Meizhen's mentality of "nothing is enough" and "be more prepared to be prepared".

After Labor Day, Xu Wen ran to the hospital more frequently.

The contractions are becoming more and more frequent, and I can clearly feel them many times every day.

One week after the due date, the baby still hasn't started.

Everyone in the Xu family, old and young, was extremely anxious.

Xu Wen was also anxious. He heard that it would be dangerous if the baby didn't come out until the due date.

For example, if the amniotic fluid is turbid, you will suffocate.

But there is no point in being anxious about this.

Before going to bed at night, Xu Wen lay on his bed as usual, put his hand on his belly, and talked to the baby in his belly for a while.

"Why don't you come out? Do you know that you will be anxious if I can't see you?"

"Are you not coming out because you have to wait for your father? But I don't know when your father will come back. I don't even know where he is now."

Although there is some news about the international competition in the newspaper, the news from the newspaper is relatively lagging behind and does not represent Lu Yuanzheng's current whereabouts.

But the newspaper said that the competition was over, and our country had won several championships in international military competitions.

Lu Yuanzheng's name even appeared in newspapers alone.

As she became a mother for the first time in her life, she would inevitably be cautious and go to the hospital every day.

From the initial embarrassment and embarrassment of being finger-examined, I have become accustomed to it.

After the examination that day, the doctor looked at his fingers and his expression was a bit hard to explain.

Chapter 159

Xu Wen wondered: "What's wrong, doctor?"

This doctor has been responsible for Xu Wen's prenatal check-ups during her pregnancy. She is a particularly responsible female doctor. She raised her gloved finger for Xu Wen to take a look at, and said calmly: "You're red! Just go to the hospital!"

Two days before the due date, I simply moved to Pengcheng.

She booked a suite at a star hotel.

As a result, the child did not start.

After the examination, the doctor told Xu Wen that the baby had already entered the basin and would be admitted to the hospital when the baby started to see redness. He also asked her to move more.

So every day, accompanied by Dongsheng and Xu Che, Xu Wen had to walk for at least half an hour.

Xu asked: "..."

I breathed a sigh of relief and became nervous at the same time.

The doctor took off his gloves and muttered, "It's as if I stabbed it."

Her voice was very low, but the room was too quiet, so Xu Wen still heard her.

Xu asked: "..."

In order to reduce the embarrassment, she took the initiative to speak: "Doctor, when will I be pregnant?"

"Not necessarily. Maybe today, maybe tomorrow. It depends on how quickly your cervix dilates." After thinking for a while, he added, "I just checked and your cervix has not dilated yet."

Xu asked just to relieve the embarrassment and didn't really want to ask.

Zhu Meizhen, who accompanied her for the examination, wanted to go through the hospitalization procedures for her.

Xu Wen didn't know whether to laugh or cry: "Mom, should we go home first and get something?"

Zhu Meizhen slapped her forehead, "See, I was so anxious that I forgot such an important thing. But I have to get it. The child's bedding, your cotton-padded clothes..."

She walked out while chattering.

Xu Wen followed.

When Zhu Meizhen turned around and saw him, she became anxious, "Why are you following me? You wait in the hospital. This is so close to home, I can just go back and pack my things."

Xu asked: "..."

"Mom, the doctor said the cervix has not been opened yet. The first baby is not so fast. I want to go home and take a shower."

Zhu Meizhen knew that Xu Wen always liked to be clean, so she had no choice but to support her, and said with disgust: "If you wash yourself clean now, won't you be covered in sweat when you give birth later?"

The two returned to the rented yard, Zhu Meizhen ran back and forth to clean up, and Xu Wen took a shower.

After Zhu Meizhen packed up, she sent Chunsheng to Sang Xiaoqing.

After a while, everyone came back.

Xu Wang, Sang Xiaoqing, Xu Wen and others were all there.

Xu asked: "..."

"Aren't you in business?"

Xu Wang waved his hand, "I can do anything in business at any time. How can you be absent from something as important as giving birth to a child?"

Sang Xiaoqing nodded: "We wrote a piece of red paper on the door to close the store for two days due to a happy event."

Because it is giving birth, it is not suitable for men to follow.

Xu Qiushi and Xie Dechun are responsible for taking care of the children at home.

Xu Wen rode a pedal wheel to take Xu Wen and Xu Wang to the hospital first, and then picked up Zhu Meizhen and Sang Xiaoqing.

Xu Wang was sent first because Xu Wang was literate and could help with the hospitalization procedures.

The new hospital in Pengcheng is still under construction. The condition of the old hospital is not very good, but it is already the only hospital in Pengcheng with an inpatient department.

The new hospital had just been built and had not yet been put into use, so Xu Wen had no choice.

Fortunately, the doctors and nurses are very enthusiastic.

Xu Wen was admitted to hospital successfully.

Zhu Meizhen, Sang Xiaoqing and Xu Wang had all given birth to children before, chattering around Xu Wen and imparting their experience in giving birth.

As the only male, Xu Wen listened quietly and looked at Xu Wen in a daze.

The yellow-haired girl who followed her as a eldest brother and a shorter brother when she was a child is now going to be a mother.

Time is not forgiving.

It wasn't until midnight that Xu Wen could no longer open his fingers, and it didn't feel very big.

The contractions are becoming more regular, but not very painful.

Xu Wen was still not used to troublesome people, so he kept urging them to go home and rest, but unfortunately they refused to leave.

Zhu Meizhen kept trying to feed her some fruits with high sugar content, saying that she would have the strength to have a baby after she was full, which reminded Xu Wen of another internet celebrity saying: Only when she was full would she have the strength to lose weight.

It's a pity that she just can't eat it.

Xu Wang sat next to Xu Wen and asked her repeatedly if she was thirsty? Do you want to drink water? Does it hurt? Do you want to call the doctor to take a look again? Or wipe the non-existent sweat on her forehead with a handkerchief.

Sang Xiaoqing suggested that Xu Wen could walk around more if he couldn't sleep. Although it was a bit uncomfortable, it would help with the birth.

This is what the doctor said too.

Xu Wen knew intellectually that they were doing it for her own good, but in fact, she didn't want everyone to surround her, "How about you all take a nap first? Can I take a nap first too?"

Zhu Meizhen: "..."

Xu Wang: "..."

Sang Xiaoqing: "..."

Zhu Meizhen's mouth was still so quick, "You can still fall asleep with your fingers spread out?"

Definitely can't sleep.

Of course Xu Wen would not admit it and blinked: "Sleep for a while. Only when you are well rested can you have the strength to have a baby, right?"

No one could refute this, so they could only ask questions.

Xu Wen turned sideways and closed his eyes.

In the 1980s, not many people came to the hospital to give birth, so Xu Wen was still treated in a single room with several other beds.

Afraid that Xu Wen wouldn't sleep well, Xu Wang even turned off the light.

Without family members around to care about me, some other emotions began to amplify in the dark night.

She wanted to travel far.

No matter how close the people are around me, no matter how busy the surroundings are, I still miss him.

It would be nice if he was by her side at this time.

I happened to have a contraction. I don't know if the night amplified the pain, but I always felt that it was much more painful than before.

Feeling a little aggrieved for no reason, tears quietly flowed down.

She hasn't seen him in two months.

However, Xu Wen soon lost his mood to feel aggrieved and wanted to go on an expedition.

The contractions were becoming more frequent and painful.

This kind of pain is not like being pricked by a needle or being chopped with a knife. It is an indescribable pain that makes people very irritated and uncomfortable.

Xu Wen gradually curled up, arching his back like a cooked shrimp, grabbing the sheets with both hands, enduring the pain again and again.

Suddenly, a hand touched her forehead.

Xu Wen was startled.

Then I heard Xu Wang's worried voice, "I hear something is wrong with your breathing! I want to ask, are you in pain? Why are you sweating?"

The ward was never a suitable place to sleep. Zhu Meizhen and Sang Xiaoqing were only in a light sleep, but they woke up when they heard Xu Wang's words.

Sang Xiaoqing turned on the light in the room again.

The sudden light stung his eyes, which were accustomed to darkness, and Xu Wen closed his eyes.

Zhu Meizhen walked over with a concerned look on her face: "Does it hurt?"

Xu Wen shook his head habitually.

"You kid! You've been like this since you were a child. Your teeth are hard! You don't like to talk about the pain. You even cry and you still shake your head!"

Xu Wen raised his hand and wiped the tears on his face, "It was illuminated by the light."

His voice was hoarse when he opened his mouth, and he was very unconvincing.

Sang Xiaoqing quickly ran to call the doctor on duty.

The handkerchief Xu Wang had been pinching for a long time finally came in handy. She carefully wiped the sweat from Xu Wen's forehead.

Zhu Meizhen went to the public water room to get a basin of warm water and came back. Xu Wang twisted the handkerchief and carefully wiped Xu Wen's arms and back.

Zhu Meizhen's face didn't relax, and she kept mumbling: "This woman is going through hell when she gives birth! There is no pain, and there is no other good way. No matter how painful it is, you have to endure it. It'll be fine after giving birth!"

Listening to Zhu Meizhen's almost noisy words, and being properly cared for by Xu Wang, Xu Wen felt that the pain was less, and the pain was mixed with warmth.

Lu Yuanzheng's absence undoubtedly made her sad, but the company of her family gave her courage and strength, letting her know that she was not fighting alone.

The doctor came quickly. After examination, he said, "It's up to seven fingers. Let's go to the delivery room."

The moment Xu Wen entered the delivery room, he subconsciously turned around.

The end of the corridor was empty, Lu Yuanzheng did not fall from the sky.

As expected.

But it is inevitable that there is still a little bit of disappointment.

After reaching eight fingers, the contractions could hardly be described as frequent.

The pain was so severe that Xu Wen could not sit still.

The doctors and nurses asked her to wait in the delivery room for a while.

They need to prepare first.

Xu Wen put his hands on his back, bent over and knelt on the edge of the bed.

No position was comfortable for her.

When I got to the delivery bed, the pain became more intense.

The doctor who delivered the baby repeatedly emphasized to her the correct method of exerting force.

The nurses also enthusiastically encouraged and comforted her.

"Hurry! Hurry! The cervix is ​​fully opened!"

"Come on, learn from me, take a deep breath! Inhale, exhale!"

"Strength! Not the arms and legs! Force the lower abdomen."

"..."

Xu Wen bit his eyes, not sure whether it was sweat or tears that blurred his eyes.

It hurts so much!

It hurt so much that she didn't want to give birth.

I don't know how long it took, but for Xu Wen, it was so long that she wanted to give up.

After the brain receives such a signal, it is simultaneously transmitted to the body.

"Huh?" The doctor patted Xu Wen's face, "Comrade, come on, try again, it's almost done! You can even see the child's head."

Xu Wen was not encouraged. The doctor had said this no less than five times.

Moreover, she really had no strength left.

At first, she couldn't exert her strength and used her strength in the wrong place. Now her limbs are sore and weak, coupled with the pain, her whole body is shaking.

The medical staff were also a little anxious.

They looked at each other, their expressions were not good.

If it drags on any longer, I'm afraid I'll have to undergo surgery.

If you do an autopsy in the right direction, you will suffer twice.

The older doctor asked Xu: "Comrade, giving birth is really hard. But now you have to work hard! Otherwise, both you and the child will be in danger! If you keep doing this, you may need surgery."

Xu Wen was a little anxious upon hearing this.

Is the level of caesarean section performed in the 1980s feasible?

But it's useless no matter how anxious I am. I don't know if it's because she doesn't work hard or the child is lazy. In short, there is no progress.

Time passed by, Xu Wen was already exhausted, but the child still could not be born.

The doctor who delivered the baby also tried to help her.

Finally, the elderly doctor sighed and ordered the nurse: "Get ready for the operation! Get the operation sheet and ask the family members to sign it."

Dystocia.

If this continues, neither adults nor children can be saved.

Xu Wen was almost semi-conscious and couldn't care less about protesting.

At this moment, a male voice suddenly came from outside the delivery room.

"Xu Wen, I'm back!"

Xu Wen burst into tears, raised his head suddenly, and cried with all his strength: "Lu Yuanzheng, you bastard!"

The delivery room was quiet for a moment.

Then the medical staff moved.

Xu Wen only heard the older doctor say: "Wouldn't it be okay if you just did this?"

Xu Wen felt like he was having a flashback just now, and now he couldn't move a finger.

After a while, I heard a baby crying like a cat.

Xu Wen struggled to open his eyes. In his dim vision, he saw a crumpled baby covered in blood, with hair stuck to his scalp, being held in the arms of a nurse.

"Congratulations! You are blessed with a daughter!"

Xu Wen completely passed out.

Before falling into the darkness, the last thought was that this bitch Lu Yuanzheng finally got his wish!

When Xu Wen opened his eyes again, it was already ten minutes past noon.

"woke up?"

A familiar voice sounded above the head.

The words "I'm back" heard in the delivery room were not a dream.

Lu Yuanzheng really rushed back at the last moment.

Xu Wen curled his lips and burst into tears again.

Lu Yuanzheng gently wiped away her tears, "Don't cry! Crying during confinement will hurt your eyes."

"It's all your fault!"

"Well, it's all my fault."

Lu Yuanzheng responded with a good temper, poured a cup of warm water, lifted Xu Wen up, and put it to her mouth.

Her lips were so dry that they were peeling.

When Xu Wen finished drinking the water, Lu Yuanzheng was filled with complicated thoughts, and finally he could only say: "Thank you for your hard work!"

Xu Wen then remembered and looked around, "Where is our child?"

"Mom is taking her for a check-up and will be back soon."

Xu Wen sat up and asked, "Checking? What's wrong with the child?"

"Routine inspection. Don't get excited." Lu Yuanzheng pressed Xu Wen's shoulders and asked her to lie down again.

"I'm sorry! I made you suffer."

Seeing the distress in Lu Yuanzheng's eyes, Xu Wen sniffed, snorted, and pretended to be squeamish: "I should find an opportunity for you to experience the tenth level of labor pain."

Lu Yuanzheng hummed.

After Xu Wen finished speaking, he thought of Lu Yuanzheng, a man who had been notified of critical illness more than twenty times due to serious injuries. It seemed that the pain he had endured was no less than a tenth-level labor pain.

Thinking about it this way, I lost all my anger. Xu Wen asked him in a soft voice: "Why are you back?"

Lu Yuanzheng looked like he had come here after a long journey. His eyes were black and green, his beard hadn't been shaved for who knows how many days, and his hair was messy.

"As soon as the competition ended, I made a report and left the main force to rush back." Lu Yuanzheng apologized, "I'm sorry, I still couldn't catch up with you."

"You're not the leader? Is it okay to leave early?"

"I'm just the one leading Rainbow Island. There are leaders above me. Do you still feel pain?"

Xu Wen shook his head, "It doesn't hurt anymore."

This is roughly the difference between a normal birth and a caesarean section.

One stopped hurting after giving birth, and the other started hurting after giving birth.

Thinking of this, Xu Wen pouted and complained to him: "I almost suffered twice."

After suffering the pain of a natural birth, she almost had to feel the pain of a caesarean section.

Lu Yuanzheng apologized again: "I'm sorry!"

He knew that this word had no meaning, but other than that, he really didn't know what to say.

"I know you feel guilty. I'm really not angry. I scolded you because it hurt so much. And you also saved me and the child. You prevented us from being stabbed."

Lu Yuanzheng didn't know what to say, he just hugged Xu Wen tightly.

Zhu Meizhen walked in with her child in her arms. She happened to see this scene and subconsciously wanted to hold her child in her arms before exiting.

Lu Yuanzheng had good ears and quick reactions. When he saw her letting go of Xu Wen, he stood up and said, "Mom!"

Zhu Meizhen couldn't bear to leave anymore, so she took the child to Xu Wen, "Nuo, take a look at the child!"

Xu Wen was a little afraid to hug him.

Holding the tight swaddling clothes, she was only a little bigger, like a little old lady, her skin was wrinkled and a little dark.

Zhu Meizhen taught her the correct way to hold a child.

Lu Yuanzheng watched and listened silently and remembered it in his heart.

"Why are you so ugly?" Xu Wen frowned. She thought she was pretty good-looking, and Lu Yuanzheng was also quite handsome. "You're still so young. Did you hug her wrongly?"

Zhu Meizhen rolled her eyes, "Children all look like this. Six pounds and two taels is not too small! You were not as big as she was when you were a child! You were less than five pounds, and everyone said you couldn't feed you! That early morning I just delivered your baby, where did you go to carry it?"

Xu asked: "..."

Lu Yuanzheng also echoed: "Not ugly! Very beautiful."

How could the daughter she gave him be ugly?

Xu asked: "..."

Fine! You are willing to deceive yourself, what else can I say?

Zhu Meizhen asked: "Have you decided what this child's name will be?"

Xu Wen shook his head.

I discussed it with Lu Yuanzheng several times, but I couldn't think of a suitable name.

"I haven't thought about my first name, but I have a nickname." Lu Yuanzheng said, "It must be the same as Dongsheng and Chunsheng!"

Xu asked: "..."

He blurted out: "Xia Sheng?"

Zhu Meizhen: "..."

She was the first to disagree: "What does a girl call this like? Besides, it's not even summer yet!"

It's already very hot in Pengcheng in May. That's because of its geographical location, but it doesn't mean it's already summer.

Lu Yuanzheng did not dare to directly confront Xu Wen like Zhu Meizhen, so he politely said: "What do you think of Xia Chu?"

Chapter 160

Life in confinement is extremely boring.

Fortunately for Xu Wen, he did not follow Zhu Meizhen's advice to stay in Pengcheng but followed Lu Yuanzheng back to Rainbow Island.

There is no other reason. There is a toilet in the wooden house, but not in the double yard of Pengchengzi. I need to use the public toilet.

What Zhu Meizhen meant was that if Xu Wen defecated in the room, Zhu Meizhen would help empty the bedpan.

Originally, Xu Wen didn't like troublesome people, and he couldn't accept help on this kind of thing, so he decided to return to the island.

Zhu Meizhen was worried about her and came to Rainbow Island to take care of her.

Lu Yuanzheng opened a wooden house nearby for Zhu Meizhen.

Zhu Meizhen took care of Xu Wen and her daughter during the day, and Lu Yuanzheng took care of them at night.

Dongsheng would always come to stay with her after school.

In fact, Xu Wen felt that Dongsheng liked Xia Chu more now.

Dongsheng asked Xu Wen and Lu Yuanzheng every day.

"When will my sister grow up?"

"When can I take my sister out to play?"

"Aunt Liu gave me a delicious candy, can I share it with my sister?"

"..."

Asking n whys every day, he often got answers he didn't want to hear. Dongsheng was inevitably a little disappointed.

Xu Wen had to comfort him: "Because babies need time to grow up little by little. Just like you, you see that you are six years old. Do you still have a lot of things that you can't do? But compared to last year, have you grown up a lot? Big progress?

You see, you couldn't reach the stove last year, but this year you can reach it without stepping on the bench, right?

The same goes for Xiao Xiachu. She needs time to grow up.

She won't be able to roll over until she's four months old, sit when she's six months old, crawl when she's eight months old, and walk when she's one year old.

When she can walk, you can take her out to play! "

Dongsheng thought for a while and sighed: "It's really troublesome to raise children!"

Xu Wen smiled and said, "You grew up like this too."

It's just that the process of growing up is a bit distressing.

But fortunately, he didn't remember anything when he was a child.

As long as he can remember, she has been by his side.

Although she may not be qualified, she really works hard to be a good mother.

Lu Yuanzheng doted on Xia Chu to no end.

It's a pity that no matter how much you love me, it's just like this, a child who is still breastfeeding for a month.

What can a father do?

The most I can do is wash his "little lover's" diapers.

Of course, a rare lover will not neglect a big lover.

In fact, Lu Yuanzheng treated Xu Wen more carefully than before.

I was afraid that she would be bored during confinement, so I came back to chat with her whenever I had free time.

At night, Xu Wen only needs to be responsible for sleeping.

As soon as the beginning of summer begins, Lu Yuanzheng will wake up.

Fully responsible for changing Xiao Xiachu's diaper and washing her butt.

Sometimes Xu Wen would see Xu Wen falling into a deep sleep, and he wouldn't want to wake her up, so he would feed Xiao Xiachu some brewed milk powder.

While Xu Wen was still clumsy and didn't dare to touch Xia Chu, Lu Yuanzheng had become very skilled in holding Xia Chu in various positions.

For example, hold him horizontally to coax him to sleep, and hold him vertically to burp him.

Xu Wen wondered: "She is so small, aren't you afraid?"

When she hugged Xiao Xiachu, she was afraid that she would break her arm accidentally, it was too thin!

When sleeping, he would subconsciously stay away from Xiao Xiachu, for fear of crushing her.

Lu Yuanzheng sighed, "How can I not be afraid?"

He opened his hand and gestured, and it felt like he could hold Xiao Xiachu up with one hand.

In fact, it is indeed possible, but I just don't dare.

Not to mention holding her with one hand, Lu Yuanzheng didn't dare to touch Xia Chu at first.

His palms were rough, and there were calluses at the joints between his fingertips and palms, for fear of hurting Xiao Xiachu.

Later, in order to take care of Xia Chu, he used a knife to cut off the back cocoon on the edge of his palm.

Xu Wen happened to see him one time and was so distressed that he stopped.

"At worst, hold her through a layer of cloth! You won't harm yourself, right?" Xu Wen held his hand.

Lu Yuanzheng chuckled and comforted her: "Don't be afraid! It doesn't hurt."

Xu Wen didn't believe it.

"Really. It's not just for Xiao Xiachu. We used to do this often. Over time, if the callus is too thick, it will affect the sensitivity."

Therefore, I often use a knife to smooth out thick calluses, and then use sandpaper to smooth them.

It may hurt a little at the end, but it's usually not painful.

It's just that there are very few wars nowadays, and since he has been promoted to battalion commander, he rarely participates in daily training, so he doesn't deal with the calluses on his hands much.

Xu Wen looked at him doubtfully.

Lu Yuanzheng held her hand, took her fingertips and pressed his callus, "You can't feel it even if you pinch it here."

Xu Wen took back control of his hands and pinched the uncut calluses on his fingertips while looking at him unblinkingly.

Lu Yuanzheng seemed to feel no pain.

Xu Wen was still worried, so she stretched out her green-white hand, trying to find a thin cocoon to experiment on.

Unfortunately, these hands are too delicately maintained, and the thin calluses caused by the difficulties in building the school have been cultivated.

Xu Wen was a little angry and muttered: "This comparison makes me look like a lazy person."

Lu Yuanzheng quickly expressed his position, "How can you? You are a brain worker and rely on your brain to make a living. Rough guys like us can only use our strength."

He learned these from Xu Wen.

Sometimes when two people rub their ears and temples together, they often interlock their fingers.

The tips of her fingers were green and green, while the skin of his hands was slightly darker. The contrast was too obvious, and she felt resentful every time.

Sometimes she feels squeamish and sometimes she excuses herself.

What kind of rough guy and brain worker is what Xu Wen was talking about at that time.

Xu Wen accepted his comfort, but still had doubts about whether it would hurt to remove the cocoon.

The next day, Xu Wen asked Zhu Meizhen to do an experiment.

Zhu Meizhen works all year round and has calluses on her palms.

Xu Wen pinched her palm, "Mom, does it hurt?"

Zhu Meizhen looked at her strangely, "Should I say it hurts or not?"

Xu asked: "..."

"Just tell the truth."

"It doesn't hurt very much. The callus is just worn out. It won't hurt if you pinch it. But it will hurt a little if you exert such force."

Xu asked: "..."

So Lu Yuanzheng still lied to her.

Just because it doesn't hurt much doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.

At most, the upper layer doesn't hurt.

However, she knew that it would not help. Lu Yuanzheng had already finished dealing with the calluses on his palms.

Xu Wen could only touch his daughter's young and innocent face, "I'm a little jealous of you!"

In addition to the meticulous care of Xu's family, the sisters-in-law on the island and those who were close to Xu Wen also came to see her.

Those female students would also come to her.

Now the area where female students live has been replaced by wooden houses.

This is also due to the wise saying of our ancestors that has been put into practice, "men and women can work together without getting tired."

There are two groups of female students, and there are about seven or eight couples currently dating.

There are officers and soldiers.

Xu Wen proposed that if they wanted, they could hold a collective wedding on Rainbow Island, initially scheduled around the National Day.

Xu Wang and Sang Xiaoqing will also come to Rainbow Island to visit Xu Wen on the weekends.

Although confinement is more depressing, it doesn't seem to be that painful.

More happiness.

Xu Wen felt particularly contented.

Her family lives in Pengcheng, an hour's boat ride away from the island.

Her lover and children are with her.

The money in hand is not very much, but it is more than enough to cope with daily life.

If he was only satisfied with the status quo, Xu Wen felt that it would be good to continue living like this.

If you have the Tao, you will always be content and happy.

But knowing that being content does not mean standing still. The 1980s was an era of rapid national economic development. If you stand still, you will be abandoned by the times.

Besides, Rainbow Island has just barely solved the problem of survival, and the next step is to consider the issue of development.

Lu Yuanzheng and Shi Lei were handing over work to Shi Lei.

It's summer vacation in July, and it's time for him to take a vacation.

The affairs of the island are once again on the shoulders of Lu Yuanzheng.

Lu Yuanzheng didn't even have time to receive the second-class personal merit medal he had earned by participating in the international martial arts competition. He was so busy every day.

Xu Wen has been working as a consultant for him in his spare time.

Of course it is limited to the economic development of the island.

"What policies do you have regarding the development of Rainbow Island?"

Lu Yuanzheng pinched his brows and shook his head, "Even the islanders don't have any policies. The higher-ups want to make the island popular first before discussing policies. Anyway, in the next few years, this place will definitely be under military management."

"Implementing militarized management of the people?"

"Yes. But it's not what you think. For example, in our county, except for sudden wars, most daily things are managed by the administrative department. For example, the economy, people's livelihood, industry, and agriculture have nothing to do with the army.

Even if there are towns and counties on Rainbow Island, the military is still in charge of most daily administrative matters, including but not limited to the ones I just mentioned. "

Xu Wen nodded, "Actually, it has nothing to do with the common people? How to live is still how to live. At most, it used to be controlled by the county magistrate, but now it is controlled by the military officer."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

I can't say it's wrong, it just sounds a bit weird somewhere.

This was not the first time that Xu Wen said strange things, and Lu Yuanzheng just pretended that he was not used to it.

Besides, he didn't have the heart to think so carefully.

Shi Lei is on vacation, and he has to take control of the military affairs.

Unlike the companies Xu Wen had interned with, Lu Yuanzheng's annual and monthly plans were real plans.

Whether they are students or part-time workers, many people have written plans and listened to their bosses or department experience to plan their work content for the entire next year.

Most plans related to work content are often greatly compromised in execution.

It's the same as telling a girl that I want to lose 30 pounds next year, or that I want to skip dinner to lose weight next month.

It's very difficult to shout loudly.

But Lu Yuanzheng was different.

Militarized management is really no joke, and it is not as painless as military training.

Once the plans they listed on New Year's Day are passed, or once the plans issued are in hand, they will be implemented to the letter.

It is said that if you lose weight for thirty years in one year, you will not lose twenty-nine pounds or nine pounds.

Of course they lose weight.

These plans often include military training, exercises, island construction, veteran retirement, recruit recruitment, etc. Even the number of holidays and how many people in each class can go out on weekends are listed clearly.

Then execute it to the letter.

Xu Wen definitely couldn't see these plans, but as a pillow person, even if Lu Yuanzheng kept a lot of things secret, she could still guess some of them.

The same goes for other military wives. They get along day and night, so how can they hide everything?

But generally what they know is not very confidential.

Like this time in the martial arts contest, Xu Wen knew when Lu Yuanzheng would leave and when he would arrive home.

These will also be reported in newspapers later.

Even newspapers will publish the contents of their competition and the rankings of various countries, but Xu Wen will not know.

Lu Yuanzheng said that unless it was a national newspaper, other newspapers would certainly not be able to follow up on the report.

During the competition, they were not allowed to have any personal contact with the outside world.

In addition, this year's competition was an accident in Lu Yuanzheng's plan.

Last year, at least I didn't decide whether to participate when I returned home from the road expedition, otherwise the training camp wouldn't have been so sudden.

Lu Yuanzheng also fulfilled his promise to their mother and daughter, and came back with the first place as a meeting gift for Xia Chu.

In the comprehensive ability of individual soldiers, he ranks first.

It is no exaggeration to say that he is the best in the world in individual combat.

This is much more meaningful than Xu Wen earning 20,000 yuan.

Xu Wen earned 20,000 yuan, firstly, by using the magic mirror to cheat, and secondly, 20,000 yuan could at most improve the lives of himself and his family.

Their first road expedition was different.

This means that our military quality also has a say in the world.

In a competition involving so many special forces, Lu Yuanzheng won the first place, which brought glory to the country and declared our strength to the world.

It's a pity that the Lu Expeditionary Warrior who became famous in the world after World War I, the first thing he did when he returned to Rainbow Island was to change his daughter's diaper.

Thinking of changing diapers, Xu Wen frowned and pointed at Xia Chu, "Your little lover seems to have pooped again."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

He quickly opened the small clothes that covered Xia Chu's belly, lifted his two little feet with his big hand, and quickly changed the dirty diaper with the other hand, and wiped Xiao Xiachu's butt with the prepared warm water. , then wipe the bottom with a soft cloth, change into a new diaper, and then leave with the dirty diaper skillfully.

Xu Wen sighed at this point.

She was the one who gave birth to her daughter, so she could change diapers, but she would be very repelled by wiping the baby's diaper and often retched.

She didn't want to do this either, she just couldn't control her physical reaction.

At this time, Xu Wen felt extremely lucky, "Fortunately, by the time I became Dongsheng's mother, he was already able to take care of himself."

At that time, Dongsheng couldn't wear complicated clothes, but he had no problem going to the toilet by himself.

What can Lu Yuanzheng say?

Xu Wen has been suffering for ten months and she can't bear it, so he can come.

After he finished washing the diapers and drying them, he returned to the bedroom. Xu Wen sat in front of the writing table, lowering his head to write.

Lu Yuanzheng patted her on the shoulder, "Go back and lie down. Pregnant women should not use their eyes like this, it will hurt them."

Xu Wen didn't want to, "How can it be so delicate? Just write a little bit."

Facts have proven that too much leisure can drive people crazy.

Xu Wen wanted to work.

Lu Yuanzheng didn't argue with her, he bent down and picked her up and put her back in his arms.

Xu Wen was so angry that he bit him.

Lu Yuanzheng strained his strength not to bite her, "The teeth are not good either! If you use too much force, there will be sequelae. You can bite again after you are in confinement."

Xu asked: "..."

She is not a dog!

Speaking of which, Lu Yuanzheng was so cautious because of the three women of the Xu family.

Before Xu Wen was discharged from the hospital, Sang Xiaoqing and Xu Wang both shared that they had suffered from various diseases because they did not listen to the old man's advice during confinement.

For example, Sang Xiaoqing didn't listen to Zhu Meizhen's advice and didn't sleep with her socks wrapped all the time. As a result, the root of the disease fell on her heels, which caused cracks and pain.

Xu Wangsheng Yuanbao was in the summer. She felt uncomfortable that the room was not clean. In fact, she was bored, so she bent down with a broom and swept the floor. Since then, she has suffered from back pain.

Zhu Meizhen has more experiences like this.

For example, during the confinement period, I ate beef filling dumplings that were difficult to digest, and then I chewed something and got a toothache.

During the confinement period, I leaned against the wall. I didn't feel anything at the time. Later, when I got cold, my shoulders only felt cold.

etc......

She gave birth to four brothers and sisters, Xu Wang and Xu Wen, who suffered from different kinds of confinement diseases.

At that time, Xu Wen only felt that maternal love was great, while Lu Yuanzheng kept all the precious experiences and advice of the three people in his heart.

Zhu Meizhen was in charge of Xu Wen during the day, and Lu Yuanzheng was in charge of her at night, always saying that this was not allowed and that was not allowed.

Xu Wen, who was put on the bed, pouted with a look of reluctance, "I am in confinement and not in jail."

She knew it was all for her own good, but it was actually very uncomfortable to be locked in a room for more than half a month without going out and doing nothing all day long.

I couldn't help but feel a little unhappy for a while.

Lu Yuanzheng glanced at the reports and summaries that were still to be written on the desk, and then at the aggrieved Xu Wen. He hesitated for a moment before sitting on the edge of the bed, "Bored? Let's chat for a while?"

He worked overtime while she slept.

"What to talk about?"

"That's fine. Let's talk about life and ideals. How much do I miss you when I'm abroad?" Lu Yuanzheng glanced at his daughter's rations, "Or how long until we can have sex?"

"What a beautiful idea you have!" Xu Wen raised his chin and gestured to the location of the writing desk, "Who wants to talk to you about life? I just want to talk to you about work!"

She suddenly had an idea that killed two birds with one stone.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.8K 1K 24
Ariana aqua Armstrong mabait,matalino inosente,maganda mayaman pero gusto ng simpleng buhay. Jade Irish Horrison maganda,masungit,cold, perfect but...
13.4K 161 9
Author: Jiang Zhizhi Type: Through Rebirth Status: Completed Last update: September 09, 2022 The latest chapter: Chapter 82, the end As soon as Chu Y...
34.4K 398 10
Beautiful female supporting actress in the 1980s (八零年代漂亮女配) Author: Peach Su Type: Time-travel and rebirth When the ShanCha woke up, she found that s...
1.8M 115K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...