✔️ 70's Stepmother's daily li...

By CNovel_Reader

70's Stepmother's daily life of raising a baby (七零后妈咸鱼带娃日常) Author: Survival through writing https://quanben... More

Chapter 1-10
Chapter 11-20
Chapter 21-30
Chapter 31-40
Chapter 41-50
Chapter 51-60
Chapter 61-70
Chapter 71-80
Chapter 81-90
Chapter 91-100
Chapter 111-120
Chapter 121-130
Chapter 131-140
Chapter 141-150
Chapter 151-160
Chapter 161-170
Chapter 171-180
Chapter 181-190
Chapter 191-201 (end)

Chapter 101-110

1K 11 17
By CNovel_Reader

Chapter 101

Xu Wen looked at Sang Xiaoqing.

Sang Xiaoqing pursed her lips and said nothing.

What Xu Wen said was also very harmful to her.

How many households worth 10,000 yuan can be found in the entire Weizhuang Commune?

But according to Xu Wen's description, it is not difficult to go to the south and become a household worth ten thousand yuan.

Of course, this is not difficult but there are prerequisites. You have to dare to think and do it. In addition to suffering losses, there are certain risks.

People! It's all the same, I just want money and no risk. I don't want to be separated from Xu Wen yet.

They had not separated since they got married, and Sang Xiaoqing was really reluctant.

But consider that the family is heavily in debt. In addition to owing Xu Wen 500 yuan, they also owe a lot of money to the brick kiln factory.

As Xu Wen said, by digging in the fields for food, the family would live in a pinch, and they would not be able to pay off their debts in the next few years.

After a long silence, Sang Xiaoqing nodded, "I do."

My brother and sister-in-law agreed, as well as my parents.

Xu Wen knew what they were worried about. He thought about it and added: "I'm far away and can't help much. Xiao Qie's tuition is mine. No matter what, I can't delay Xiao Qie's schooling. In addition, I will protect my family. If My brother can't make any money when he goes out for a year, so I'm responsible for the family's expenses."

She was definitely sure that Xu Wen could make money, but she couldn't guarantee it openly, she could only make such a tactful promise.

She doesn't have to pay tuition for college, and there is also a partial subsidy. If Xu Wen really can't make any money, she can use it to support her family.

Zhu Meizhen shook her head, "It's not like my family has never had a hard time. Didn't we also suffer from eating glutinous rice in the early years? In my opinion, Xu Wen is right for a grown man to go out and have a career while he is young. Always. It's better than us being trapped in this poor place for our whole life. Anyway, there are already so many famines in our family, and it's not going to add another year. If we succeed, the whole family will benefit from it, but if we don't, we will have to start all over again!"

"You're more open-minded!" Xu Qiushi didn't want to, "It's easy to talk about making money, but how difficult is it to live without making money? We don't care. How can you bear to suffer Chunsheng at such a young age like me? Besides, the common people have to have their feet on the ground to feel secure."

In short, Xu Qiushi is the most stubborn one and disagrees life and death.

Xu Wen couldn't help but start to miss his grandma again.

If grandma were still alive, she would definitely say, "Animals are always tied at the door of the house, and men have to go out and see the world."

Seeing that the fifteenth day of the first lunar month was here, Xu Qiushi still didn't let go.

Xu Wen was so anxious that he walked around the house all day long.

Before Xu Wen spoke, he didn't care.

Now that Xu Wen has pointed him in the right direction, he can no longer just earn the same amount of work points every day as before.

On the evening of the tenth day of the first lunar month, Lu Yuanzheng went to the commune and bought two bottles of good wine, and invited Xu Qiushi to sit at his home.

Only Xu Qiushi was invited, not even Xu Wen, who was asked to wait at Xu's house.

When Xu Qiushi came back that day, he was basically drunk, but the next day he relented and agreed to Xu Wen's adventure.

Lu Yuanzheng and Xu Wen had to leave on the 16th day of the first lunar month. On the morning of the 14th, Xu Wen and his wife hurriedly prepared their bags.

Zhu Meizhen was busy making dough to make dumplings.

In the north, dumplings are served most of the time during festivals.

Dumplings for the New Year, dumplings for the fifteenth day of the first lunar month, birthday dumplings, Mid-Autumn Festival dumplings, in short, all-purpose dumplings.

Lu Yuanzheng was making lanterns for Xu Qie, Dongsheng and Chunsheng.

On the fifteenth day of the first lunar month, lanterns are lit.

There are also lanterns sold in the market, which are small square plates about the size of a palm with an arched iron wire on them. The outside is covered with an oval frame made of thin bamboo slices. A layer of cellophane will be pasted on the frame and some flowers and plants will be painted on it.

The price is not expensive, just the same.

The good-looking ones are all expensive, and the people would be reluctant to part with a lantern that only touches the sky.

Nine out of ten children in the alley carry lanterns like this.

Lu Yuanzheng found it boring, so he started making it for the children.

He made four thin wooden pieces of the same width and length, and hollowed out the middle of the wood pieces to make the whole look like a rectangular opening.

Then nail four square-shaped thin wooden boards into a 20-centimeter rectangle with both ends open.

The words are also covered with transparent cellophane.

Get two more wooden boards and saw them both into the shape of a five-pointed star. The inside of the five-pointed star can just fit the top surface of the cuboid.

One piece serves as the base, and the other piece still hollows out the inside of the five-pointed star to become a hollow five-pointed star.

Bend the arched wire, heat it through the five stars on the bottom, and then drive a nail between the five stars that can penetrate the board, and a simple lantern is ready.

In order to make the lanterns more beautiful, Lu Yuanzheng also drew a few pictures on cellophane.

Xu Wen thought it needed less decoration, so he tied a few tassels with wool and hung them on the corners of the five-pointed star above the lantern.

"How did you convince dad?" Xu Wen bit the end of wool and kept moving his hands, curiously asking.

"I didn't say anything! I just had a drink."

Xu Wen rolled his eyes, "Where's the liar?!" She wasn't a child, so she wasn't that easy to fool.

Lu Yuanzheng smiled and said, "Conversations between men are not suitable for women to listen to."

Xu asked: "..."

"Don't talk about knocking me down!" Xu Wen pouted.

She was really curious. After all, Zhu Meizhen, she, and Xu Wen couldn't convince Xu Qiushi.

Lu Yuanzheng only had a drink with him, and Xu Qiushi agreed? !

Normally Lu Yuanzheng would have coaxed her, but this time he just looked at her, raised his hand and rubbed the top of her head, still not telling her.

Xu Wen didn't ask any more questions.

There is only one situation where Lu Yuanzheng will hide it from her, and that is if the content of his conversation is related to her and is for her own good.

At least he thought it was good for her.

I don't say it because I don't want to take credit.

Even in the midst of trouble, he still talks more and does less about emotional matters.

After making a lantern, there were still a lot of wooden boards left. Lu Yuanzheng thought about it and just made a lantern cart.

It's made of wooden boards that look like a car, about as simple a shape as a tractor or a locomotive. The boards are still all hollowed out in the middle, and a suitable bottom board is nailed underneath. Then smash in spikes to hold candles.

Four small wheels were made of wood at the bottom. After they were completed, they were still painted and tied with a rope.

The final recipient of this lantern was Dongsheng.

Chunsheng only knew how to walk. He pulled the rope and watched the lanterns and candlelight flickering in the car, making his mouth water with joy.

Dongsheng and Xu Qie like the five-pointed star lanterns very much, and they also like Chunsheng's car lanterns.

Isn't it easy to coax a one-year-old child with two and a half-year-old children? Not long after, Chunsheng's hand was replaced by a five-pointed star lantern, and the car's lantern was coaxed away by Xu Qie and Dongsheng.

The little guy couldn't keep up with them and fell far behind, dragging the extinguished lantern and grinning silly with his little white teeth.

He was too young to carry the wooden lantern, so he dragged it on the ground and extinguished it.

Sang Xiaoqing quickly picked it up and lit it again.

Lanterns cannot be extinguished on the fifteenth day of the first lunar month, as extinguishing them will be considered unlucky.

There was a five-pointed star lantern left, and Lu Yuanzheng handed it to Xu Wen, "Here, my eldest girl must have one too."

Xu asked: "..."

Fine!

Being pampered by a man like a child is also a kind of happiness.

Xu Wen took the lantern.

Lu Yuanzheng lifted the sleeve of the five-pointed star, burned the tip of the sharp iron nail with a lit candle, and inserted the candle into it.

If the candle is not heated, it will break.

After dinner, the Xu family went to deliver lanterns to grandma.

Just light the lantern and hang it on the grave.

It also has to be sent for long journeys.

Xu Wen and Xu Che accompanied him to buy a few lanterns and went to the cemetery to hang them up for his grandparents and parents.

When they arrived at the cemetery, many people had already finished delivering lanterns. From a distance, they looked like ghost fires.

Some children from very poor families who really want lanterns will come to the cemetery to get them without asking.

Of course, this requires a very brave child, and most children don't have this courage.

Seen from a distance, it looks like the flames are moving on their own, more like a will-o'-the-wisp.

Lu Yuanzheng and Xu Wen saw one, but pretended not to see it.

Who would come to a cemetery to get a lantern unless they had to?

Leave some self-esteem to your children.

Xu Wen suddenly remembered something and asked Yuanzheng, "Then where is your father's grave?"

This father is the biological father who guides the expedition.

"In Weizhuang Commune."

"Aren't you going to give him a lantern?"

Lu Yuanzheng shook his head, "Not yet."

Not today, but existing policies.

After saying that, he added, "I can't go there openly, but in the morning I went to buy lanterns for these little ones, and I hung them up for them as I passed by."

In addition to his father, Wei Zhuang also has his grandparents.

Xu Wen nodded and suddenly remembered something, "Lu Yuanzheng!"

"Um?"

"You went to your mother-in-law's house and brought an empty cigarette box to fool my brother and my mother, saying that I wouldn't give you money to spend. However, I saw that the money you took out was not what I gave you. Also, before I went out this morning, I gave you When I soaked the clothes in the big basin, I checked my pocket. The twenty yuan I gave you was still in my pocket. When it got wet, I put it on the table without taking it. So where did you get the money you had to buy lanterns? ?"

Lu Yuanzheng touched the tip of his nose and whispered: "Let's talk about this when we get home."

Before Xu Wen could speak, he added, "In front of my grandparents, my parents, you have to save some face for me, right?"

Xu Wen opened and closed his mouth, nodded, "Okay, let's go home!"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

After returning home, Dongsheng held a lantern and went out to play with the children in the village.

On this day, the village will be particularly bright even if there are no street lights.

Because the middle of the month is when the moon is at its fullest and brightest.

Also because the production team hangs lanterns at the door of every house, and there are children running around the streets carrying lanterns.

They were in groups, and wherever they went, it was bright.

Usually in the production team, we always have to go to bed on the kang right after dinner time, except on the nights of New Year's Eve and the fourteenth day of the first lunar month.

Both adults and children can enjoy this day.

At home, the lights will not be turned off early in order to save kerosene.

Especially on the fourteenth day of the first lunar month, not only kerosene but also candles are used.

Of course, candles are also in limited supply, and generally one child can light a lantern with one candle per night.

A candle can burn for a long time.

After Dongsheng went to play, only Lu Yuanzheng and Xu Wen were left at home.

Road expedition tinkering with the stove.

They stayed at Xu's house during the day, but every few hours they would come back from the expedition to add some charcoal to the stove to prevent the stove from going out and freezing the room.

Xu Wen poured hot water into the glass bottle for infusion, sealed it, and put it under the quilt to warm it up.

She downed four glass bottles in one go.

After finishing it, she sat cross-legged on the bed and asked for directions to Yuanzheng: "We're home now, can we talk?"

Just as Lu Yuanzheng was about to open his mouth, Xu Wen added with a smile, "If you lie, you can sleep in the next room."

The courtyard is a big place!

Lu Yuanzheng watched the fire get brighter, hooked up the stove lid, washed the handles in the basin on one side, wiped them dry, and then said with a wry smile: "We are all comrades-in-arms, we are all brothers, why bother?"

"Who is your comrade-in-arms?" Xu Wen didn't agree with him and pointed his index finger at him, prohibiting him from getting closer. "Don't do this with me! Don't get close to me unless I make it clear."

She wasn't really angry. Lu Yuanzheng was not that insignificant, and the money he had left on him would naturally have its uses.

She just wanted to deal with him, but who asked him to go to Xu's house to sue her?

Much ado about nothing!

Even though he had two packs of cigarettes in his pocket, he still had to act with an empty cigarette pack.

Lu Yuanzheng saw that Xu Wen insisted on settling accounts, so he took a handful of matza, sat in front of the stove, and said honestly: "We will give you an extra month's allowance."

The legendary ten months' salary? Xu Wen raised his eyebrows but said nothing. He mentally calculated the expenses during the expedition during the Chinese New Year and shook his head: "That's not right!"

Since leaving the island, the money that has come out of his hands is more than a month's allowance.

Lu Yuanzheng thought she didn't believe it, so he emphasized: "Really! In addition, there will be subsidies for family members to come to the team to make up for the vacation."

His round-trip train ticket during vacation was reimbursed by the team.

His full report and half of his family's report.

Lu Yuanzheng thought that he had to buy a ticket to go back, but he didn't hand over the money.

Xu Wen wasn't really angry at all. Hearing what he said, he clicked his tongue and said, "Your welfare benefits are really good."

Lu Yuanzheng sighed, "No matter how good the welfare is, it is not as valuable as life."

Living people are called welfare.

The dead brothers only have pensions.

Xu Wen thought of the empty table during the Chinese New Year in the army last year, and felt a little uncomfortable for a moment. He comforted him for a while: "It's always getting better. At least there won't be an empty table for the New Year on the island this year."

Lu Yuanzheng nodded, "Yeah." He paused and sighed, "This man! He's quite contradictory. I used to fight a lot, and I always thought about when the war would be over, and I would stop fighting and stop bleeding and dying. . Nowadays, there is really no need to fight, but sometimes it is a bit uncomfortable."

Xu Wen knew that many soldiers on the island were in this state.

She could understand: "Maybe you are too accustomed to the previous lifestyle, and the current life is too dull for you."

Lu Yuanzheng nodded, "Counting the time, when we get to the island, we should be able to see the new recruits arrive on the island."

"Then the veterans who are going to be discharged also have to go?"

Lu Yuanzheng nodded.

Originally, the veterans were expected to retire in the winter, but the discharge rate on their island was a bit high. They were afraid of affecting their preparations for the New Year, so the superiors issued an order to postpone the veterans' discharge.

The veterans will be discharged after the new recruits have completed a month of recruit training and adapted to the island.

None of the veterans had any objections. The military camp was easy to get out and difficult to get in. It was a place where you could not come back once you left.

They are willing to stay a few more days.

"Then let's go back in time to see off the veterans?"

Lu Yuanzheng hummed.

Xu Wen looked at his expression carefully and said, "You don't seem very happy."

Lu Yuanzheng covered his face with his hands and rubbed his back, sighing heavily, "Nothing can make people happy when parting between life and death. Sometimes this parting lasts a lifetime. In the past, we fought side by side and never said anything about committing our lives to each other. During the war, , often the food and grass could not reach the front line on time. Occasionally we would pick a wild fruit, and we would all share it.

Such a close person, such a friendship, once separated, it will be difficult to see each other again, and it is inevitable that there will be some emptiness in the heart. Every year I have to send off a group of people, and I'm still not used to it. "

"I understand." Xu Wen said softly, "I heard a saying before, and I don't know where it was passed down. It said, 'The strongest bond between men is those who have carried guns together or visited prostitutes together.' It's really hard for you to have such a strong relationship hurt once a year."

Lu Yuanzheng is an emotional person and he doesn't like separation.

Lu Yuanzheng was silent for a while and asked Xu Wen: "Who said this? If you call him here, I will never beat him to death! The first half of the sentence is still human, the second half... even if it is the truth, put it together , who are you insulting?"

Xu Wen blinked, "I don't know about that. Anyway, I didn't pass it on."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

After chatting for a while, Xu Wen felt a little sleepy.

"Go to bed early. You have to get up early to go home for the 15th tomorrow." Lu Yuanzheng stood up and gave her warm water for brushing her teeth and washing her face.

"What about you? Aren't you going to sleep?"

"I have to call Dongsheng back." Lu Yuanzheng put down the thermos and tested the water temperature, "Just go to bed first after washing."

Xu Wen couldn't open his eyes, but he was still thinking about the clothes soaked in the big basin, "The clothes haven't been washed yet! The dirty ones will leave the day after tomorrow, and they won't be dried if they are not washed!"

"If you can't do it, you can't do it. It's warm in the south and you can't wear such thick clothes."

"It can't be left on the patio to be exposed to the wind, rain, and sun for a whole year."

"You can sleep peacefully, I'll come back and wash it." Lu Yuanzheng sat on the edge of the bed and tucked Xu Wen into bed, "After tomorrow, we should go back to Rainbow Island."

Xu Wen nodded, "I really miss home."

Compared to the courtyard house, the wooden house on Rainbow Island gave her a greater sense of belonging.

Chapter 102

Early on the 16th day of the first lunar month, Xu Qiushi borrowed an ox from the production team and put it on a cart, intending to take Xu Wen and the others to the train station.

Lu Yuanzheng and Xu Wen didn't have much luggage, just a change of clothes for the family of three, and they were all summer clothes. There are also some local specialties.

The second uncle didn't salute much, just a small snakeskin bag.

Xu Wen went out for the first time and brought a lot of things, including two woven bags.

There are clothes, bedding, and all kinds of food.

Although Zhu Meizhen and Sang Xiaoqing agreed that Xu Wen was very happy when he went out to explore, but when he left, they were not as happy as Xu Qiushi. They were worried and pulled Xu Wen over and over again.

Xu Wen estimated that if Lu Yuanzheng hadn't gone with his second uncle, Zhu Meizhen and Sang Xiaoqing would definitely regret not letting Xu Wen go.

Just like that, I also brought some boiled eggs, peanuts, and pickled mustard for them to eat on the road.

Xu Wen knew that these eggs were originally planned to be sold in a few days, but now they made rations for them on the road, just because of the saying "the poor family is rich on the road".

Xu Qie took a bunch of whips, hung them on the treetops outside the gate, and lit them.

In Weizhuang Commune, the Chinese New Year period generally refers to the first month.

If a family member goes on a long journey, a string of whips will be fired.

I wish you all good luck and safety in the coming year.

Xu Qiushi got tired of waiting and shouted before Zhu Meizhen and Sang Xiaoqing let Xu Wen get on the bullock cart.

Xu Qiushi patted the cow's butt. The old scalper took Lu Yuanzheng's family of three and set off with Xu Wen and his second uncle who were traveling for the first time.

Zhu Meizhen hugged Chunsheng and chased Sang Xiaoqing for a long distance, all the while muttering words such as "It's safe on the road!" "I'm here to report you're safe!"

It was already four days and five nights when Xu Wen and his group of five arrived in Pengcheng.

This special small city has just changed its name from a county to a city.

It's not bustling yet. If you look carefully, there are quite a few outsiders visiting.

After they found a guest house to stay, Xu Wen couldn't wait to go around.

Dongsheng is also very excited. For children, as long as their parents are around, going anywhere is a new experience.

Xu Wen actually didn't know much about this period of history, but she also had a golden finger magic mirror that was better than nothing.

While at home, Xu Wen looked up information related to reform and opening up, especially the land at his feet.

This starts from last year, when there was a craze for leaders to go abroad for inspections.

The leader here refers to the kind that begins with the Chinese character "国".

A particularly respected leader visited Japan's developed industries and tasted food heated by others in microwave ovens.

Very emotional.

Because our country is so far behind, 99% of the people have never used a microwave oven.

In places like Weizhuang Commune, most of the production teams don't even have electricity.

At that time, we were actually considering economic construction, but where should we start?

This leader has also been to another country, a country that is similar to our country and is relatively backward.

But this country has promoted investment, attracting many businessmen from developed countries to build factories in its country.

Backward countries provide land and relevant conditions and policies suitable for their factories.

What are the benefits to backward countries?

First, these factories have to pay taxes.

Thirty-five percent of their profits will go directly to backward countries.

Secondly, increase people's income.

When you build a factory, you have to recruit workers.

As a large number of educated youth return to the city, the already saturated state-owned units cannot accommodate so many unemployed young people.

If the investment promotion can be successful, then part of the employment problem of educated youth can be solved.

Thirdly, it can also stimulate the local economy.

It's a good thing. Leaders who serve the country and the people also want to try it in their own country.

But how and where to try is also a question.

The national conditions of each country are different. Just like we have been following a certain big country to learn from the other party's socialist experience, but in fact, many policies are not suitable for the implementation of our own country.

Just at this time, the application from a cadre in Pengcheng was handed over to the superiors.

Long before Pengcheng became a special zone, there was a little-known event like the butterfly that flapped its wings in South America.

This butterfly is a harbor.

In this cadre's proposal, the seaport is mainly for import and export trade services. Especially Xiangjiang next door.

At that time, Hong Kong was relatively developed, and the cost of hiring workers was very high. Just as the seaport took a fancy to Hong Kong's resources, Hong Kong also took a fancy to the seaport's cheap labor force and other policies.

The national leader felt that this could be tried, but the name was not good. It could not have such a strong capitalist flavor and could be renamed a free trade zone, and designated half an island for this cadre to try.

But according to this cadre, he was not so open-minded and courageous at that time. He did not dare to ask for half of the island, but only wanted a small piece of land.

Looking back later, I still felt a little regretful and regretful.

However, just because this port butterfly fluttered its wings, it incited a spring breeze of economic reform.

When Xu Wen told Xu Wen and the others this, they were having breakfast in a tea restaurant.

Both Uncle Er and Xu Wen knew that Xu Wen was a college student and had no doubts about her erudition.

Lu Yuanzheng knew the basics and just listened quietly, looking out the window from time to time, as if looking for the future that Xu Wen once described to him.

But visible to the naked eye, this place is still desolate.

The people are still mainly fishermen. There is only one big road in the town or county, and there is not a single car.

However, there are more and more foreigners and outsiders.

Just like the tea restaurant they were in was opened by people from Xiangjiang, there was no ticket to eat and it was not expensive.

I think there are several restaurants like this, all of which were attracted by investment.

Dongsheng's favorites are custard buns and rice rolls.

He kept shouting "It's so delicious!"

Xu Wen looked at Dongsheng, then at the cute custard buns on the plate, with a flash of sadness in his eyes.

Xu Wen knew that he was thinking of Chunsheng and Sang Xiaoqing.

After a while, Xu Wen looked up with determination on his face: "I will definitely make a difference in this place!"

Xu Wen nodded: "Brother, I believe you can. But in the process of reform, there are always many imperfect policies. These policies can help people like us start from scratch, but they also make it easier for many criminals to exploit loopholes. We all still have You're young, you have plenty of time to take your time, don't do anything risky just to be greedy for money."

"I know." Xu Wen nodded, "Don't worry. I won't do anything wrong for Xiaoqing and Chunsheng."

After breakfast, a few people walked around this small city.

Especially looking around several factories recruiting workers.

In the evening, I saw some vendors setting up stalls.

They all rode tricycles, and the goods were placed on the tricycles. When they saw something was wrong, they would run away on the tricycles.

However, there are many more people in charge here than Wei Zhuangsong, and it can almost be said to be a semi-public existence.

Xu Wen glanced at the stall a few more times, probably wondering if he could do it.

On the second day, Xu Wen helped him rent a room in the most prosperous place.

The second uncle smacked his tongue, "This is too expensive!"

"It's a bit expensive. But the transportation here is convenient. There are many big factories nearby, and it's also close to the dock, which makes it easier for you to find and work."

The second uncle stopped talking when he thought about this.

After signing the contract with the landlord, Xu Wen and the others checked out of the room and helped Xu Wen and his second uncle move their luggage.

Xu Wen called Xu Wen aside, took out a thousand yuan from his bag and handed it to him.

This thousand yuan was saved on the island, and Sang Xiaoqing returned the five hundred yuan to them.

Xu Wen waved his hands hurriedly, "I can't ask for this money! Mom brought me a lot, I have enough to spend."

"This is not for you." Xu asked, "This is a business partnership between me and you."

"ah?"

"I know you don't want to work. You think working is just like farming and you're making dead money. But doing business requires capital. I will contribute the money and you will contribute the effort. We, brother and sister, will do business together."

Xu Wen thought for a moment, then shook his head, "I just want to set up a stall like them. I don't need so much."

"You take it first. You may make a lot of money by doing business, but the risks are also very high. When you do business for the first time, there is no guarantee that the goods that come in will be liked by buyers. There is also no guarantee that all the goods will be sold without breaking the cost. Trial and error is a matter of trial and error. It requires capital."

Xu Wen still didn't answer, "Does Lu Yuanzheng know about this? You can't always take money from home. As a couple living together, it would be bad if you take money from home again and again and cause conflicts."

"Why are you so pedantic?" Xu Wen rolled his eyes, "First, Lu Yuanzheng knew that I didn't hide it from him, and he agreed. Second, I didn't take money from home again and again. I was just building a house while you were there. I helped you a lot. This time it doesn't count. This is a joint business between our two families, so it doesn't count as a free gift to you."

Xu Wen then stretched out his hand to take the money, "Then it's mine to lose, and we'll split the profit half and half."

"When we talk about doing business in partnership, how can we only make a profit without losing any money? I make seven to you and three to me. After all, I only contributed money but no effort. I lost half and half to both of us."

Xu Wen did not argue with Xu Wen. Just as his second uncle came back, Xu Wen collected the money first.

Uncles and nephews were not very close to each other because of the incident with their second aunt, so they should not have the intention of harming others, but they should have the intention of guarding against others.

Besides, wealth should not be revealed in vain.

Xu Wen secretly made up his mind that when he made money, he and Xu Wen would split the money equally.

After the second uncle and Xu Wen were settled, Lu Yuanzheng and Xu Wen should set off back to Rainbow Island.

Lu Yuanzheng's vacation was tight and he had to report back to the island on time.

Before leaving, Xu Wen repeatedly told Xu Wen, "Second brother, don't be anxious even if you want to do business. Find a job first, even if you go to the dock to carry big bags. If you don't work at night, go to the stalls. Listen, what kind of goods are popular with the people and easy to sell? And when are the patrol times of the law enforcement agencies every day? What will be the consequences if you are caught? Once you understand these, it will not be too late to do business. "

Xu Wen rubbed the top of Xu Wen's head and said, "I know! You were still a little girl last year, but now you are like my mother, nagging and worrying about this."

"Of course, I brought you out. Whether you make money or not is a trivial matter. I have to take you back with all my strength."

Xu Wen and his second uncle, two strangers who had just arrived in Pengcheng, turned into hosts and took Xu Wen and his companions to the train station.

Before Lu Yuanzheng left, he wrote a phone call to Xu Wen, "If you encounter a life-threatening situation, call this number and say it's my brother, and someone will keep you safe."

Xu Wen held the note and nodded, "Brother-in-law, thank you!"

When we were in Weizhuang Commune, snowflakes would fall from time to time in the sky.

All the way south, the clothes on my body decreased layer by layer, and when I arrived in Pengcheng, I was only wearing single clothes.

When we arrived at Rainbow Island, the sun was scorching hard again, so everyone put on half-sleeves.

There are a few sisters-in-law missing on the island. Like her, they probably followed their men back to their hometown for vacation and have not yet returned.

There are also a few new-faced sisters-in-law who come all the way to visit relatives.

Lu Yuanzheng and Xu Wen didn't go to the island empty-handed. They bought a lot of melon seeds and peanut snacks, part of which Lu Yuanzheng took to the battalion headquarters to distribute.

Xu Wen kept the remaining part for his guests.

Lu Yuanzheng said that it is also popular here to "visit relatives" during the Chinese New Year, which is actually just a visit.

Today I invite you, and tomorrow you invite me.

"But now that the New Year is over, why do you still need to invite me?" Xu Wen wondered.

"I skipped the New Year celebrations. But you and I just came back from our hometown, so we still have to invite you around, and you will be asked aside."

Xu asked: "..."

She shook her head: "Human relationships are everywhere!"

When Xu Wen's family of three first arrived on the island, the first thing they did was definitely not treat them to a treat.

Lu Yuanzheng had to report to the battalion headquarters.

Xu Wen and Dongsheng washed and dried the bedding and clothes at home.

In the north, everyone builds houses facing south to receive the greatest possible exposure to sunlight.

In the south and Rainbow Island, there is no such demand and there is too much sunlight. In many cases, people try to avoid the sun when building houses.

Sufficient sunshine does not mean the absence of moisture.

They had only been away for more than a month, and the quilt at home was extremely damp. When they opened the closet, a musty smell hit their nostrils.

I haven't slept on the sheets for more than a month, and water can come out of them if I twist them hard.

Dongsheng carried the clothes and Xu Wen carried the bedding, taking them to the yard to dry.

Then I cleaned the house inside and out and threw away all the withered dried flowers on the fence.

Sweeping and mopping the floor, a busy job.

At noon, Xu Wen didn't bother to cook anymore and asked Dongsheng to go to the cafeteria to get some food.

The road expedition probably accumulated a lot of official work, and I didn't even come back for lunch.

In the middle of the afternoon, Xu Wen took the dried bedding back to the bedroom and hung the freshly washed clothes to dry again.

This is the end of the house cleaning.

After hearing Xu Wen say that the cleaning was finished, Dongsheng ran out with the gift he prepared for Doudou.

Xu asked: "..."

She shook her head with a smile, went back to the house, took out the freshly made ice cubes and replaced them with new water, made a new small refrigerator for the prepared ice, and then walked around the private plot with the basket on her arm.

Xiaobai was well taken care of by everyone and became fat and strong.

Xu Wen milked the milk and put it into the basket.

The vegetables in the field have also been tidied up, with no insects or weeds.

It seems like there is no work for her to do.

Before leaving, she looked at the leafy durian tree and swallowed her saliva.

After leaving the private plot, I picked some wild fruits and headed home.

On the road, I met a sister-in-law who was about thirty or forty years old and wore glasses and a low ponytail. She must have just come from the beach. When she saw Xu Wen, she took the initiative to say hello: "Are you Sister-in-law Xu Wen?"

Xu asked, "Who are you?"

"My name is Song Baoying, and I am Shi Lei's lover."

Xu Wen hurriedly wiped his hands on the hem of his clothes and stretched out his hand, "Hello, sister-in-law! I heard instructor Shi say you would come years ago. I couldn't wait for you because I had to take an exam."

"I know. Our Lao Shi always praises you. After I came to the island, I heard your name everywhere I went. The soldiers praised you, the sisters-in-law also praised you, and even the children praised you." Song Baoying said softly. road.

Her voice is as gentle as her person.

Xu Wen was a little embarrassed, "Thank you for liking me. Sister-in-law, how did you recognize me?"

"They all say that you are the most recognizable on this island. The most beautiful one is you. Lao Shi said that you are going back to the island today. I saw you from a distance just now, so I guessed it was you. They are not exaggerating, you are really The most beautiful one on the island." Song Baoying said with a smile.

In fact, not only among the sisters-in-law in the entire island, but probably in the entire army, Xu Wen's appearance skills are also one of the best.

Xu asked: "..."

She didn't expect Song Baoying to recognize her in this way, and said hurriedly: "Where is it? I just felt special when I saw my sister-in-law. There are few educated people here, and there are few sisters-in-law with such good temperament and so well-educated."

Xu Wen told the truth. Song Baoying was also pretty, but she couldn't praise Song Baoying for her beauty when Song Baoying praised her as the most beautiful on the island, otherwise it would be a bit like swearing.

Moreover, Song Baoying is not tall, has a small frame, and has a very typical southern appearance.

It does have a bookish air to it.

"Sister-in-law is not only beautiful, but also very good at talking." Song Baoying covered her mouth and chuckled, saying what she meant, "Let's stop complimenting each other. I stopped you because I wanted to invite you to our house in the evening. Our Lao Shi I always say that I am embarrassed to eat and drink at your house. I have always asked me to bring some specialties from our hometown when I come here for you and the road camp to try."

Chapter 103

Xu Wen asked them that they had been away from the island for more than a month, and there really was nothing to eat at home. They had only been cleaning up now, and they had no time to prepare. She hesitated, "I have to ask for directions to the expedition."

Song Baoying waved her hand, "Then there's no need to ask. Our Lao Shi will definitely bring Lu Ying to my house. Otherwise, why should I go home now? Just because Lao Shi said Lu Ying agreed to let me come to invite you again. I'll go I didn't see you at home, so I came to the beach to look for you, but I didn't expect to meet you here."

She took Xu Wen's arm affectionately and said, "Sister-in-law, why don't you just go back with me now?!"

Xu asked: "..."

Xu Wen still refused.

She had to go home and put down her things first, and she also had to call Dongsheng.

Song Baoying expressed her understanding and said that she would go home and prepare meals first, and asked her to call Dongsheng to come over quickly.

Xu Wen agreed, but seeing that it was still early, he made some double-skinned milk and ice porridge as souvenirs. Then he went to Doudou's house and asked Dongsheng to go to Shi Lei's house.

Xu Wen did not bring much edible food when he returned from the expedition with Lu. Since the journey was far away, it was difficult to store, so he could only bring some snacks. First of all, their Weizhuang Commune doesn't have any specialties.

The houses of the permanent family members on Rainbow Island are in the first two rows, and the sisters-in-law who come to visit relatives temporarily live in the back rows of houses.

Regardless of the front row or the back row, the wooden houses are the same wooden houses, either one bedroom and one living room or two bedrooms and one living room.

The hardware configuration of all wooden houses is the same, but Xu Wen discovered that when they returned to their hometown, electric lights were added to complete the bathrooms in the wooden houses based on the original beds, tables, chairs, and wardrobes.

The freshwater lake on the island can be used again. Previously, Lu Yuanzheng arranged for people to dig a large artificial lake deep in the rainforest, in order to prevent the possibility of sudden war and the possibility of the enemy cutting off the water source.

Now it is slowly filling up with water.

Moreover, when the scientific research team was working on wind power generation, they also improved Xu Wen's seawater desalination device.

In other words, at present, fresh water for domestic use on the island is no longer a problem.

And the wastewater goes through a separate pipe. After filtering, it can also be used to water flowers and vegetables without wasting it.

The wooden house is the same wooden house, but there is still a lot of free space for the sisters-in-law who come to the island to decorate it themselves.

Ordinary sisters-in-law are not as flexible as Xu Wen, who abruptly transformed the cabin into a holiday homestay.

Ordinary sisters-in-law are not likely to enjoy themselves so much. They usually just keep the house clean and decorate it warmly.

Although Song Baoying has not been on the island for a long time, the wooden house is very warmly decorated and feels like home.

There was no yard in front of her and Shi Lei's wooden house, but there was a small vegetable garden in front of the wooden house, with some flowers and plants planted around it, like a natural fence.

At the entrance and exit, some gravel was paved to serve as the main door.

Xu Wen carried the dessert and followed Dongsheng to the door of the house, and shouted: "Is sister-in-law at home?"

Song Baoying responded and came out to greet Xu Wen.

She was still wearing an apron, and there was a thin layer of sweat on her forehead. She was obviously cooking.

After Xu Wen entered the door, he looked around curiously.

In the center of the living room is a standard square table and bench, and the furnishings in the room are neat and clean.

Xu Wen is already very tidy and is even worse than Song Baoying.

Song Baoying must be a bit of a germaphobe. Xu Wen stood at the door and asked, "Sister-in-law, do you need us to take off our shoes?"

You can only take off your shoes, and there is definitely no standard for changing shoes on the island.

"No, no need." Song Baoying stopped her and quickly ran to the kitchen at the back. He was probably cooking without turning off the fire, "Sister-in-law, you cook it yourself first, and I'll finish frying this dish."

Xu Wen saw that she was not being polite, so he really didn't take off his shoes.

Xu Wen asked Dongsheng to sit at the square table for a while, then walked to the kitchen and asked Song Baoying, "Sister-in-law, is there anything I can do for you?"

Song Baoying shook her head, "No, no, just sit down and wait for a while. I'll be here soon."

Xu Wen glanced at the dishes on the long table in the kitchen. It seemed that there was really no need to help, so he agreed and returned to the living room.

Lu Yuanzheng and Shi Lei also arrived at this time.

There was a little girl accompanying Shi Lei, who looked older than Dong Sheng.

Many people look like Song Baoying, who is gentle and quiet.

She should be their daughter.

Wen Jing was not timid, and under Shi Lei's teachings, she called Xu Wen aunt in a generous manner.

Xu Wen opened the lid of the double skin milk and ice porridge he made.

Shi Lei hurriedly went to the kitchen and got a few bowls to help Xu Wen divide them into bowls. Each of them got a portion.

Without waiting for the adults to speak, Dongsheng rushed to introduce it to the little girl: "Sister, my mom made this, it's delicious! Try it!"

The girl first looked up at Shi Lei, and then she started eating after Shi Lei nodded.

Lu Yuanzheng knocked Dongsheng, "Do you think Sister Wenwen has such rules? Follow her and learn from her!"

Shi Lei's mouth was still quick, "If the upper beam is not straight and the lower beam is crooked, like father, like son."

Does it mean that you didn't behave yourself during the whole journey, so you still want your son to behave himself?

Xu Wen laughed and shook his head. It was hard for them, two grown men who could retire together, to speak so childishly.

Xu Wen looked at Shi Lei carefully and praised him: "I haven't seen you for more than a month, and your energy has improved a lot! Your face is full of spring breeze."

Shi Lei touched his face with a proud look on his face: "Really? I feel the same way. No wonder people say 'wife and children are hot on the bed'! In the past, when the two of them were not here, they always felt that day by day passed very slowly. , it feels like time has passed very fast since they arrived. This island still has no outsiders all day long, but I feel a lot more relaxed. No wonder those soldiers have to retire. After the country is stable, it is natural to miss home. "

When it came to retiring from the army, the two chief officers obviously lost their smiles.

Although it is acceptable intellectually, nine out of ten of these veterans who are about to retire have been through life and death with them.

The new recruits who are divided again will still be comrades-in-arms in the future, but they will not have many of the same experiences, and the relationships they develop will be different from the previous ones.

Seeing that Shi Lei and Lu Yuanzheng were not in a good mood, especially Lu Yuanzheng, who was very happy when he first came to the island, but now he is obviously a little depressed.

Xu Wen raised his eyebrows. He wanted to ask but was afraid of secrecy, so he didn't say anything.

Shi Lei helped Song Baoying put the food on the table.

"I wonder if you can get used to spicy food?" Song Baoying pointed to two of the dishes and said to Xu Wen and Lu Yuanzheng, "These are the specialties of our hometown."

Xu Wen glanced at the plate full of red peppers, swallowed his saliva, and asked her, "Sister-in-law, are you from Sichuan or Hunan?"

Song Baoying nodded and replied in dialect: "Sichuanese."

"Mandarin is really good." Xu Wen praised him sincerely.

Song Baoying and Shi Lei both spoke Mandarin very well and could not recognize the local accent.

Song Baoying, in particular, is well-spoken and well-spoken, and is good enough to be a host.

Shi Lei was not so pure in comparison. Because he was often with Lu Yuanzheng and the others, his southern accent was gone and he had some northern accent, or to be more precise, some northeastern accent.

Maybe it's because the Northeastern accent is more distinctive.

"You can't help it as a teacher." Although Song Baoying looked generous, the tips of her ears turned red after being praised.

She speaks very softly and makes people feel comfortable listening to her.

After Dongsheng failed to strike up a conversation with Wenwen, he took two bites of rice and twisted around on the stool.

Lu Yuanzheng knew what he was going to do when he saw him like that, and waved his hand, "Let's go play!"

Dongsheng immediately jumped off the stool and ran out.

Song Baoying looked at Dongsheng's back and sighed: "This boy is so lively!"

Xu Wen heard a hint of envy in her voice, raised his eyebrows, and swallowed "What a naughty kid!"

Her intuition told her that praising Dongsheng or being modest would look like showing off in front of Song Baoying.

Song Baoying's cooking skills are very good, especially the two Sichuan dishes, which are very authentic.

Xu Wen liked spicy food but couldn't eat spicy food, so he was sweating after a while.

Lu Yuanzheng once again put the cold water in Xu Wen's hand, took out a handkerchief from his pocket and wiped the sweat from Xu Wen's forehead, shook his head and chuckled: "Why bother?"

Xu Wen took a big gulp of water, but it was still so spicy that he could hiss, "Don't you understand this? My sister-in-law is good at cooking and her cooking is so authentic. Besides, Sichuan cuisine has such a charm, even if it's spicy enough to make you cry, it will still make you cry. Want to eat."

Song Baoying asked curiously: "My sister-in-law is also from Sichuan?"

"No, Northerner."

"Seeing as you know so much about Sichuan cuisine, I thought you were from the north."

Xu Wen's heart skipped a beat, he thought something was wrong and he had spilled the beans.

Lu Yuanzheng gave her a piece of green vegetables with chopsticks and said softly: "I have relatives who have been to Sichuan and learned Sichuan cuisine. She likes to eat it."

Song Baoying didn't think much about it. She watched the interaction between the two and praised them: "No wonder Mr. Lao Shi said that your relationship is very good! It's so enviable."

Xu Wen replied casually: "I always hear instructor Shi say that he misses you and the children. His face is so happy that you are here! You two should also have a good relationship."

This is indeed the case when I hear Shi Lei talk about it.

Unexpectedly, Song Baoying was stunned for a moment after hearing this, glanced at Shi Lei, and said nothing.

The atmosphere at the dinner table suddenly felt wrong.

Xu Wen blinked blankly, not understanding what he said wrong, and looked at Lu Yuanzheng.

Lu Yuanzheng patted her hand on the table to express comfort. He put down his chopsticks and clinked glasses with Shi Lei.

Shi Lei pointed at him: "You are on duty tonight, don't drink!"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

He squinted at Shi Lei and said, "I remember, my vacation doesn't end until tomorrow."

It means he is still on vacation today, why is he on duty?

"On duty for me."

Lu Yuanzheng looked at Shi Lei and then at Song Baoying, then poured the wine in the glass for Shi Lei and replaced it with a glass of water.

Xu asked: "..."

Is Lu Yuanzheng so easy to talk to?

It's not that they can't help each other, it's mainly that the two of them are partners when working, but they always undermine each other in private.

Shi Lei usually has to put in good words when he needs to go on an expedition like this, but he accepted it so happily today?

Xu Wen lowered his eyes, thought for a while, and guessed that the problem lay in the relationship between Shi Lei and Song Baoying.

But it's completely invisible on the surface.

Shi Lei is still like that, following the road to conquer all kinds of poverty.

Song Baoying had a water-like temperament, was gentle and gentle, and chatted with Xu Wen quietly and quietly.

"I heard that you didn't even go to a good university?"

"No, I still go to school." Xu Wen shook his head, "I just don't go to school that much."

The final exam results came out and she was number one in their foreign language department.

Now there is no reason for the school to let her go back, and her name will be hung on the bulletin board and become a legend in the school.

What's even more exaggerated is that she is no longer in school, but the legend still exists.

She was named the flower of the Department of Foreign Languages.

It is said that some people think that she should be the campus beauty of Beijing University. Unfortunately, she has only appeared in the school a few times, and only the people in her department have seen her, so there are no photos and no truth. Word-of-mouth recommendations are too low.

"It's great to be young." A flash of envy flashed in Song Baoying's eyes, "You're at an age where you can do whatever you want for love."

Xu Wen didn't know what to reply for a while. After just that, her intuition told her that feelings seemed to be a minefield between her and Shi Lei.

After thinking for a while, Xu Wen said, "Mainly, I don't have much ambition, so being on the island suits me well. I just eat, drink, and have fun in a different way every day."

Song Baoying shook her head, "It looks like this on the surface, but people with ability will not be buried there."

She pointed to the ceiling fan made by Rainbow Island on the ceiling above her head, "I heard you invented this? And it's also thanks to you that we can use electricity?!"

Xu Wen quickly waved his hand, "I don't take credit for this! I didn't invent the ceiling fan, but I did make the ones on our island. Electric fans are too expensive, and you still need to pay for them. It's cheaper to make them yourself, and you don't need industrial coupons. Wind power generation is mainly It's a matter for the scientific research team, so I just provided some small ideas."

She pinched her thumb and index finger together, which meant that she really only provided a little help.

"Sister-in-law, you are too modest!" Song Baoying had a good impression of Xu Wen, "How many women are envious of you?"

But it's just envy.

Not everyone gets admitted to Peking University, and not everyone who gets admitted has the courage to leave school and study on his own.

Not many women can give up their beautiful college life to live on this border island.

"Sister-in-law said that, then you are greater than me!" Xu Wen picked a safe topic and praised Song Baoying, "I heard from instructor Shi that you are a teacher. You can teach and educate people all over the world! I have heard a saying 'The most difficult thing in the world is to put things in your own mind into other people's minds, and to put money from other people's pockets into your own pocket.' Sister-in-law, look at the two most difficult things in the world, you have already accomplished them One piece."

"Ah!" Song Baoying heard this statement for the first time, and her eyes widened in surprise. It took a long time to think about it, and she laughed, "No wonder the adults and children on the island like you! Sister-in-law, you are so good at talking!"

Doesn't she teach and educate people just to teach the children the knowledge in her mind? !

Just when Xu Wen was about to praise him a few more times, he heard Shi Lei say to Lu Yuanzheng: "By the way, the notification about the defense change has come down!"

Xu asked and asked, "Are we leaving the island?"

This is good news for others, but a bit sad news for Xu Wen.

After asking and reacting, Xu Wen added: "If it's inconvenient to say, you don't have to say it."

I almost forgot that they keep secrets at every turn.

Shi Lei waved his hand, "You can say. Keeping it secret from the outside world, such a long-term change of residence cannot theoretically be hidden from the sisters-in-law."

Xu Wen nodded, thinking so.

After all, take them away.

"Besides, sisters-in-law who have been with the army for a long time are considered half soldiers, and they all know what to say and what not to say." Lu Yuanzheng added.

Song Baoying listened quietly, like an outsider, as if it had nothing to do with her.

"When will we change? Where shall we change?" Lu Yuanzheng asked.

"Huh?" Shi Lei wondered, "Us? If you mean me and you, then we won't change."

Xu asked: "..."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

"What do you say if I don't change?" Lu Yuanzheng said angrily.

"I said we wouldn't change, but I didn't say they wouldn't change."

Lu Yuanzheng raised his eyebrows and waited quietly.

Xu Wen also looked at Shi Lei blankly.

Song Baoying was obviously not very interested, but seeing Xu Wen listening with interest, he didn't interrupt her by talking to her again.

"Partial defense change. Half of us rotate with brother units. This year half of us will go ashore, half of the brother group will go to the island, and we will switch back next year.

Keep half of the old people to prevent all substitutions from being unfamiliar and giving the enemy opportunities to take advantage of. Furthermore, some of the old people must be left to lead the new.

If the chief officer doesn't move, that means you and I don't move. "

Xu Wen secretly breathed a sigh of relief.

Shi Lei glanced at Xu Wen and said amusedly: "Sister-in-law, you are probably the only sister-in-law on the entire island who doesn't want to leave the island."

Many sisters-in-law secretly call Rainbow Island Prison Island, feeling that they have no freedom like prisoners.

Lu Yuanzheng tapped the table with his fingertips, "How do these half of the people go? Do we decide? The boss decides? Or do they choose voluntarily?"

"The opinions given by the superiors are half and half. For example, one, three, and five will stay, and one, four, and six will leave. We will change it next year. But they also said that we have autonomy and we will discuss it, so what do you mean?"

Chapter 104

"We've got the final say, so there's no need to worry. We'll wait until the veterans are discharged."

"That's right." Shi Lei sighed softly, "The veterans have already sealed the boxes and handed over the work. They all want to wait for you to come back and say goodbye before leaving. Which day do you think is suitable?"

One month before the veteran is discharged from the army, after handing over the work in hand, he returns all the guns and ammunition to the battalion headquarters. He can no longer participate in any meetings or training on the island, nor can he stand guard.

In order to prevent the latest secrets from being leaked, as soon as they leave the island, all the defenses on the island will be replaced.

It's not directed at them, nor does it mean that I don't believe them, it's just a routine precaution.

Lu Yuanzheng nodded and asked, "Have all the new recruits arrived on the island?"

"I just came here a week ago and have been training intensively these past few days."

"The day after tomorrow! Let the veterans practice it tomorrow."

Shi Lei nodded, "I guessed that you would do this. I have already told each company that the pigs and sheep are ready."

Lu Yuanzheng nodded and said nothing.

Seeing that Lu Yuanzheng was in a low mood, Shi Lei patted him on the shoulder and said, "Tell me some good news."

Lu Yuanzheng raised his head and was not very interested.

"In order to take care of the physical and mental health of our soldiers staying on the island, we have an extra month of vacation this year."

"Huh?" Lu Yuanzheng looked up.

"The leaders also know that staying on the isolated island has a great impact on everyone's psychology. So they give us two months of leave, once every six months, one month at a time, including travel. If you are not married, you will lose ten days each time."

Generally, married warriors have ten more days than unmarried warriors, and every three years there will be an additional twenty days.

But there are requirements for these twenty days, that is, if the parents of both men and women live in different places, it is called family leave.

People like Lu Yuanzheng, who only have relatives in Xu Wen, don't have this lie.

Lu Yuanzheng's first reaction was to look at Xu Wen.

Sure enough, Xu Wen raised the corner of his mouth, "Really? That's great."

Lu Yuanzheng picked up the water glass and touched it with Shi Lei, "When are you leaving?"

When he comes back, it's time for Shi Lei to take annual leave.

Shi Lei also looked at Song Baoying first.

Song Baoying looked a little pale.

Shi Lei looked away and said: "Why do we have to wait for the veterans to retire and the defense change is over, right?!"

Song Baoying's expression suddenly changed, and she turned to question him: "You clearly said you would accompany me back when Lu Ying and my sister-in-law come back! Liar!"

Shi Lei comforted her: "I'm not lying to you. I'm the chief officer of this island. It's also the time when veterans are retiring and changing defenses, so I can't help but keep an eye on it. When things are sorted out and the island returns to normal, I will definitely accompany you home." ."

Song Baoying stood up suddenly, and the stool made a harsh sound on the ground.

Song Baoying, who had always spoken softly, suddenly became sharp and emotional: "It's like this every time! Your job is work, but my job is not work? Now that school has started, I'll ask you Is it possible for me to ask for another leave after the holiday? You are the one who has no choice but to do it every time! I will always have to accommodate you! You have to keep it to yourself. Wenwen and I will go home tomorrow! We have been living well without you. good!"

After saying that, he turned around and walked upstairs.

Wenwen burst into tears.

Song Baoying fell back and led Wenwen upstairs.

Xu asked: "..."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

The two people looked at each other, both looking confused and embarrassed.

Shi Lei was even more embarrassed. He glanced upstairs, then at Lu Yuanzheng and Xu Wen, "Sorry! She didn't target you, it was me who made her suffer."

Lu Yuanzheng stood up, "You go to coax people first. We are all brothers, so there is no need to say this. I will be on duty in a while."

Xu Wen followed Lu Yuanzheng and left Shi Lei's house.

After walking a long way and listening to Song Baoying's hysterical crying, Xu Wen didn't even understand why Song Baoying broke out.

It looked like someone who had suffered a lot of grievances and had reached the stage where he couldn't bear it anymore, and was immediately defeated by Shi Lei's words.

It's like an extremely big bubble that pops with a light poke.

"They... don't have a good relationship?" Xu Wen turned around frequently.

I usually hear Shi Lei talk about Song Baoying, and the relationship between the two should be good.

"It's not that the relationship is bad." Lu Yuanzheng sighed softly, "Our profession... requires women to endure too much."

He hooked his hand on Xu Wen's waist, "You don't even know how lucky I am to meet you!"

The next day, the farewell banquet prepared for the veterans was still in the evening.

It's still a beach, it's still a barbecue and buffet.

Early in the morning, the cooking teams of each company rushed to prepare pigs and sheep for slaughter, and there were also slogans for recruit training.

Xu Wen sat on the swing in the yard and looked curiously at the beach.

Previously, there were all veterans on the island, and they only did daily training every day, and they were working most of the time.

It always gave Xu Wen a sense of déjà vu as he went to work on time and got off work on time.

But the new recruits didn't get this kind of treatment. Xu Wen felt that they probably didn't have any time of their own. No matter what they were doing, they were always working together as a team.

In the morning, they line up to run and do exercises, then line up to go back and wash up, then line up to have breakfast, and then line up to the training ground.

There was a queue even to the canteen.

Veterans don't need to. They often walk away together in twos and threes, chatting and laughing, but they don't hold each other's backs, and everyone has their backs straight.

Even when walking leisurely, their cadence and stride length are surprisingly consistent.

Xu Wen curiously asked Lu Yuanzheng: "Is this considered bullying the newcomers? Do you have to show off your power before becoming a soldier?"

Lu Yuanzheng happened to be buckling his belt at that time and sneered, "What kind of show of authority is this? Everyone comes here in order to cultivate their tacit understanding and orderliness."

Xu Wen murmured, then thought for a moment, "Then I don't want Dongsheng to be a soldier in the future."

Lu Yuanzheng: "???"

"It's so hard."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

"The training process needs to be recorded and shown to their parents. Which parent would be willing to send their children here?"

Even if people in the 1960s and 1970s were a generation that could endure hardship, they were not so able to endure hardship.

At noon, the recruits were shirtless, and a few of them were running on the beach with a piece of wood soaked by the sea water.

Xu Wen passed by and saw blisters on their backs.

Lu Yuanzheng was silent for a moment and said, "Someone has to bear this hardship."

We can't all serve as soldiers, then who will protect the country?

Xu Wen just complained a few words, and he understood the truth in his heart.

As the saying goes, the years are quiet, but there are people carrying the burden for you.

He nodded and finally said: "Your profession is indeed the greatest profession!"

"Military wives are even greater in the hearts of soldiers!" Lu Yuanzheng lowered his head and kissed Xu Wen on the forehead, "Let's go, you don't have to wait for me to eat at noon!"

There were too many things going on in the camp these two days. Apart from sleeping, I was basically nowhere to be found during the expedition.

After the sun went down, the largest beach on the island was once again crowded with people.

Unlike in the past, lighting is no longer a problem.

The soldiers pulled the wires over and raised the light bulbs high on bamboo poles.

Although the entire island is not as bright as day, under the dim light, it is not a problem to see things, and there is no need to point a flashlight for illumination as before.

What was different this time was that the whole group formed two circles, with the veterans in the middle and the others arranged in order according to the company to surround the outer circle.

The family members also dispersed and followed their men.

Xu Wen sat next to Lu Yuanzheng and inevitably saw Song Baoying again.

Song Baoying saw Xu Wen and apologized to her sheepishly: "I'm sorry, sister-in-law, it was my fault last night! I invited you to be my guest..."

Xu Wen shook his head: "It doesn't matter."

She was silent after speaking.

I wanted to ask, "Are you okay now?" But I was afraid of mentioning her sadness again, so I didn't say anything.

Song Baoying took the initiative to answer her questions: "No matter what, I shouldn't lose my temper in front of you. You are guests, and besides, I should save face for Lao Shi. I...I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm obviously very worried." It's something I'm used to, but yesterday it sounded so harsh that I couldn't control myself."

"It's not your fault." Xu Wen comforted her, "Sometimes it's really their fault and they often let others go. I can understand!"

Xu Wen didn't know anything else, but judging from what Song Baoying said when he broke out last night, Shi Lei should have promised to send Song Baoying back.

Primary and secondary schools across the country start at similar times, usually on the fifteenth day of the first lunar month.

It's already the twentieth day of the first lunar month, and Song Baoying is still on the island. She must have asked for leave once.

Shi Lei must have promised her that he would leave when Lu Yuanzheng and his wife returned to the island, so Song Baoying could not wait to invite them to his home for dinner.

As a result, after working for a long time, Shi Lei said that it would take a while before leaving.

It seems that he didn't discuss it with her beforehand, he just informed her.

Any other woman would be unhappy.

"Not often." Song Baoying smiled bitterly, "It's all the time. From the first blind date we met to now, he has never fulfilled his promise once. I am always giving and giving in..."

She must have accumulated too many grievances. Although Song Baoying's voice was not loud, it sounded like crying.

Maybe it was her professional upbringing, but even when she was talking, her voice was still gentle and gentle.

Song Baoying and Shi Lei were introduced by a matchmaker.

At that time, she had just graduated and was assigned to be a teacher in a primary school in the county.

Everyone respects those who serve as soldiers, especially girls. Who doesn't harbor a dream of being a hero?

Like Xu Wen and Lu Yuanzheng, Song Baoying and Shi Lei's families were both in the same county, not far apart.

Before Shi Lei went home on vacation, the matchmaker arranged for a meeting between the parents of both parties.

Shi Lei's parents were very satisfied with Song Baoying, which meant that the marriage was mostly decided.

At that time, Shi Lei was in his last year of military school and had winter and summer vacations.

After Shi Lei returned home, the two met.

At first sight, Song Baoying fell in love with the tall and straight Shi Lei.

"He was wearing a green military uniform and stood upright. It was exactly the look I had longed for." Song Baoying couldn't help but smile as she recalled the first time we met.

Song Baoying is a military fan. He is not obsessed with the military, but a man who likes to be a soldier.

Shi Lei, who has a tall and tall figure, just fits her aesthetic point.

"Moreover, he is very considerate. When we walk on the road, he will consciously walk on the outside of me. When cars or people who don't ride well pass by, he will stretch out his arms to protect me. He can remember my preferences once I tell them. ..."

When they met for the first time, Song Baoying had a very bad impression of Shi Lei.

Both of them were of marriageable age, and after meeting each other once, they jumped straight into talking about marriage.

Shi Lei has a special profession. If he didn't get married that year, he would have to wait the next year.

Since both parties were satisfied and old enough, Shi Lei's parents urged them to get married as soon as possible.

Song Baoying's family felt that the wedding was rushed and they were a little reluctant. But at that time, she decided that Shi Lei was her husband and couldn't wait to marry him.

That period was indeed Song Baoying's happiest day.

The two of them shopped for wedding supplies together.

Go to the bookstore to read together, and go to the cinema together.

One time when Song Baoying was waiting for Shi Lei, she met some hooligans. Shi Lei rushed over and beat them away with three strikes.

At that time, Song Baoying thought Shi Lei was very pleasing to her eyes, and she was the perfect lover of her dreams.

The wedding was held in a hurry, but Song Baoying was treated with due respect.

Xu Wen couldn't help but clicked his tongue, "It turns out they have a custom of flash marriage!"

I seem to have heard from several sisters-in-law that they all get married in a hurry.

"Flash marriage?" Song Baoying was confused.

"It means two people get married not long after they have known each other or not met for a few times."

"Yes." Song Baoying nodded, "Because of their professional relationship, they don't have time to date slowly. And getting married is particularly troublesome. When we got married, he sent several telegrams home. I went to the village to get the seal stamped, and I went to the village again. Stamped by the police station. It's so troublesome!"

Xu Wen really had never experienced it. She married Lu Yuanzheng. Part of it was Lu Yuanzheng himself and part of it was Xu Wen's help. She didn't do anything.

She comforted Song Baoying, "Actually, trouble is good. We were called back from an expedition on the day of our wedding! We didn't even finish the wedding."

Song Baoying nodded fiercely and said angrily: "That's what they are like! You are not the first sister-in-law like this. Many sisters-in-law get married alone. I didn't know this at that time, so I felt that marrying such a man would make my life complete. "

Although Xu Wen couldn't bear to interrupt Song Baoying's beautiful memories, he was also curious about what their problem was and asked, "What happened next?"

"Later, I married him and became a widow. Before I got married, I only thought about how I would be with Shi Lei, and I didn't get along with his family a few times. After I got married, I suddenly lived under the same roof. I couldn't adapt to it. Our two families Their eating habits are completely different, and their living habits are also different." Song Baoying frowned.

Song Baoying was young at that time, and she didn't know that life is the most difficult thing to do to temper a person's character and most test a marriage.

At that time, I just thought that happiness was at my fingertips, and my face and eyes were full of expectations for the future.

My parents-in-law's house has six rooms and is a self-built house with two floors.

My parents-in-law live in three rooms on the first floor, including the living room and dining room.

The second floor was for her and Shi Lei.

When she first got married, Song Baoying, like all the first-time wives in the world, wanted to treat Shi Lei's parents as filial piety as her own.

Song Baoying has a mysophobia and keeps the house clean every day.

But my parents-in-law are not particular about people, and are even a little sloppy.

When Song Baoying got along with Shi Lei, she noticed that Shi Lei was also very particular about hygiene and thought his home was the same as her own.

Later I learned that many of Shi Lei's habits were only developed after he joined the army.

In the early days of marriage, you are also very tolerant.

Her parents-in-law didn't pay much attention to hygiene when cooking and washing dishes. Song Baoying was not used to it, but she was too embarrassed to say anything, so she could only rush to cook and wash dishes, so that she could rest assured about hygiene.

However, the disharmony in life has just begun.

Her mother-in-law also liked to enter Song Baoying's room without permission and rummage through things.

At best, Song Baoying was treated as a family member and not seen outside. At worst, Song Baoying was treated as a family member and not treated as seriously.

She married Shi Lei, and there were some melon seeds and candies left over. Her parents-in-law took them away and gave them to Shi Lei's nephew without her permission.

She didn't feel sorry for Tang, but her clothes were also taken away along the way.

A piece of clothing that she particularly liked but couldn't bear to wear.

After Song Baoying came home from get off work, she saw her eldest sister wearing clothes that were the same as hers. She thought they were the same style. When she went upstairs, she found that the wardrobe had been rummaged through.

The neatly stacked wardrobe was turned into a mess, and there were still a few pieces of clothing thrown around, which looked like they had been worn and taken off by someone.

Song Baoying's parents would not touch her things. It was the first time she had been wronged like this, and her eyes were red.

But I also felt that if I rushed down to find my parents-in-law, I would look too aggressive.

I washed my face and took a long time to calm down. When I went downstairs to eat, I still got red-eyed when I saw the clothes on my eldest sister. I couldn't help but ask, "Mom, did you go through my closet?"

The mother-in-law said matter-of-factly: "Oh, right! When I was getting the candy, I looked at your wardrobe of clothes, and your sister said she had no clothes to wear, so I asked her to pick one."

Song Baoying had just gotten married and was thin-skinned. He was too embarrassed to fall out, so he could only argue in frustration: "Mom, Shi Lei bought that for me when I was engaged. I didn't even want to wear it."

"Isn't it just a piece of clothing? Your sister is not an outsider, she can wear the clothes Leilei bought!"

Chapter 105

Song Baoying was angry and aggrieved, with tears streaming down her face. She really didn't want to see her parents-in-law, so she covered her face and ran upstairs.

She heard her eldest aunt say: "Mom, don't make Baoying unhappy, I'd better take it off!"

"Just wear it! She was so stingy about just one piece of clothing that she cried! This dress was bought by Leilei and you are Leilei's sister, so it's not like you can't wear it! I really made a mistake! When we were on a blind date, I saw that she was polite, quiet, well-educated, and even though her education was low It can barely match our Leilei. Look at this marriage, there are so many things to do! This is not like marrying a daughter-in-law, but marrying an ancestor? Just wearing her clothes and still crying! Bad luck! "

"Stop saying a few words!" the public said.

"Am I wrong? It's not like you don't know! She's a teacher and she doesn't do farm work. Why do you think those clothes are dirty? She wears them for a day and washes them! Does the water cost free or the soap costs free? And that pot Bowls, you don't know how many times you have to wash them! The bag of alkaline noodles I just bought has bottomed out again..."

Song Baoying felt so aggrieved that for the first time she began to wonder if she had made a mistake in getting married.

She really couldn't stay at her husband's house any longer, so she packed some clothes and went downstairs again.

Seeing that she was about to leave, the older girl quickly stepped forward to hold her back, "Baoying, don't be angry! It's my fault for wearing your clothes. I'll take them off for you in a moment."

Song Baoying really didn't want to talk, so she shook her head and broke away from her eldest aunt's arm and left.

If you really want to take it off, why wait a while? It's just that he doesn't want to keep her mouth shut.

Song Baoying arrived at her home and found that the room she lived in was full of clutter.

Her parents were a little embarrassed when they saw her, "Why are you back?"

Song Baoying had just been wronged at that time. When she got home and saw that her room was occupied again, she lost her temper: "When I get married, won't I be your daughter? Why won't my room be reserved for me?"

Both parents' faces were not good-looking, especially the father, who always disagreed at home. When had he ever been accused by Song Baoying like this? He got angry on the spot and pointed at her and scolded her: "Song Baoying! Your wings are stiff after you get married, right? Go home. Why are you here to cause trouble? You're married and you're not coming back to live there, so what's wrong with putting some things in the house? Can't you just clean it up later?"

Her mother also blamed her, "Why do you, your child, get married and scream a few days after you come back? You can't learn from your mother-in-law!"

My mother has always looked down upon her mother-in-law and felt that her family was too angry to be brought to the forefront.

Song Baoying was even more sad when she heard her mother put Song Baoying in the same category as her mother-in-law.

When Song Baoying said this, she burst into tears.

Xu Wen dug through his pockets and found nothing.

As a modern person, she is accustomed to relying on tissues instead of handkerchiefs, and often forgets to bring them.

Turning around, he saw a piece pinned to Dongsheng's collar, pulled it off and handed it to Song Baoying's hand.

Song Baoying took the veil and thanked her.

Xu Wen found that Song Baoying must have been really well-educated, and her ladylike temperament was engraved in her bones. Even when she was crying, she lowered her head half-way, shedding tears silently, without making any inappropriate noises.

Her crying did not affect the people around her at all. Even if Xu Wen kept looking at her, she did not cry until she had tears and runny nose.

Song Baoying calmed down her mood and curled her lips with difficulty, "I couldn't tell my parents, so I ran out of the house again. It wasn't spring yet and it was quite cold. I didn't even wear a coat. I'm not only cold-hearted. It's also cold. I thought I would have two families after getting married.

Unexpectedly, I would have no home after getting married. My husband's family treats me as a stranger, and my mother's family treats me as a guest. "

Song Baoying smiled self-deprecatingly, "I felt at that time that all I had left was Shi Lei. Without him, I would have nothing."

Before Shi Lei returned to work, he left her a phone number and said he could call her if there was an emergency.

Song Baoying hit him.

The phone passed through several hands before it got into Shi Lei's hands.

Song Baoying cried to him and told him what happened.

Shi Lei said: "That's it?"

Song Baoying's eyes were still filled with tears, and the corners of her mouth were raised, "This is the man I miss so much! I suffered so much injustice, and I didn't know who to tell it to except him, but he just said so lightly, 'That's it?' It's like I It was unreasonable. I suddenly didn't know what to say. I just hung up the phone!"

Xu Wen sighed softly. She guessed that Shi Lei didn't care, but they were very straight often.

The phone number they left was for you to contact me if you have any problems.

When she heard the call, she probably thought it was an urgent matter, but when she answered the call, it was just a conflict over clothes that made Song Baoying feel wronged.

So the question came up: "That's it?"

Song Baoying worked hard all day. When she came home, she found that her clothes had been worn and her room had been ransacked.

She should be a person with a strong sense of boundaries, and it would be particularly rude to her for others to enter her room without permission.

As a result, no one from her parents-in-law spoke up for her. When she returned to her parents' house, she found that her room was occupied. She complained and was scolded, which made her extremely aggrieved.

Shi Lei, the only spiritual supporter, said, "That's it!"

After thinking about it for a moment, Song Baoying must have been feeling particularly uncomfortable at that time.

Xu Wen thought for a while and comforted him: "When people are in negative emotions, they will magnify their unhappiness and ignore the beauty around them. It's not that Instructor Shi and your aunt don't care about you, they just didn't feel your grievances at the first time."

Song Baoying nodded, "Yeah. After I hung up the phone, Shi Lei called back. I didn't answer. He called the public phone near his home and asked his parents-in-law to answer the call. He must have been angry with her parents-in-law. My parents-in-law came to my house to look for me, and then my parents realized that I had been wronged and started looking for me all over the street."

"and after?"

"Later, my parents advised me that it is very difficult to integrate into other people's families as their daughter-in-law. I have a boring personality and like to keep my unhappiness in my heart. My parents said that I should put my If you mind, tell your parents-in-law, and we will try to find a balanced relationship."

"did you find it?"

Song Baoying nodded and shook her head, "The trouble solved part of the problem temporarily. My eldest aunt returned my clothes. My parents-in-law also changed again. Although they still take my things without permission, they are better than before. It's a lot, at least you'll tell me afterward. I know how to clean the dishes even when I'm cooking."

"Isn't that great?"

Song Baoying shook her head, "Life is not just about washing pots and dishes and washing clothes! Once this conflict is resolved, there will be another one, and the next one. So many, so many that you are embarrassed to communicate anymore. They are completely two worlds. It is simply impossible for people to live together in peace and harmony.

Probably because I called Shi Lei to complain, my mother-in-law had a strong opinion of me. He often went to Shi Lei without telling me and wrote him letters to complain against me.

Do you know what to sue? For example, when Shi Lei's aunt came to my house, I didn't call her aunt immediately. It's not that I didn't call him, I just didn't call him aunt at the first time, for example, before his aunt opened her mouth. Just say that I am rude and disrespectful to his family. "

"What's Shi Lei's attitude?"

"What kind of attitude could he have? He just asked me insinuatingly or reminded me. Later, I couldn't bear it anymore and wanted to go back to my parents' house, but my parents didn't agree, saying that I would be laughed at if I stayed in my parents' house since I was already married. I just I applied for a dormitory at school."

Xu asked: "..."

Was Shi Lei wrong?

Is Song Baoying wrong?

Neither is wrong.

It's just that she alone has to bear all the troubles in the marriage.

Xu Wen sighed softly, "The sadness of long-distance love. Why don't you follow the army?"

"My parents refused to let me go, saying that it was an iron job for me and it would be inappropriate to lose it. Besides, my disappointment with Shi Lei also started when I wanted to join the army.

Shi Lei had no summer vacation after graduation. He went back home before reporting to his assigned unit.

I discussed joining the army with him. As soon as he takes me away, I will quit my job.

At that time, Shi Lei said that he would pick me up after he settled in his new unit. I waited impatiently, but when he arrived, he told me that he had just been assigned to a new unit, and the regulations of the new unit were different from those of the unit before he was admitted to the military academy. If this unit wants family members to join the army, they must be company-level cadres. At that time, he was only a deputy company and had no qualifications. "

"I don't know if what he said is true or false. Anyway, I had no choice but to wait passively." Song Baoying twitched the corner of her mouth, "Later, he didn't even wait for me to be promoted to a full-time position and even I got pregnant. Pregnant Not to mention Shi Lei, even my parents wouldn't let me come to him. After that..."

She paused, "How can there be a future?! Shi Lei said he would come home to be with me when I gave birth. But when I gave birth, he didn't come back at all, not even a phone call. Yes, it's not easy for me to understand him. , I understand that he may have this or that mission. But I also narrowly escaped death?! I am also pregnant with his Shi Lei's child.

When Shi Lei didn't come back, my parents-in-law insisted that I give birth at home, saying there was no need to go to the hospital. As a result, my child and I almost died. When I got to the hospital, they refused to let me have a caesarean section, saying that a caesarean section would be bad for the baby and that I wouldn't be able to be a pilot! At that time, I hated Shi Lei very much, and also hated his family members. "

Fortunately, Song Baoying's parents were not pedantic people and signed the consent form for the surgery.

Because Shi Lei was away, Song Baoying's parents took priority over her parents-in-law.

After finally giving birth to a child, Song Baoying shed tears every day.

She is also a person who loves beauty. After giving birth to a child, she gained weight and her belly was as swollen as if she had another one.

Her parents-in-law favored sons over daughters and thought she was giving birth to a girl and did not take care of her confinement.

She was alone with her child for fourteen hours, day, night, and holidays.

Breastfeeding, changing diapers, and filling her with soup and water were her entire life for a long time.

She suffered from confinement syndrome.

Song Baoying tapped her waist with both hands, "Now every time the weather changes, it's like there's a blade on my waist, cutting back and forth."

Xu Wen felt aggrieved and didn't even know how to comfort him.

The frozen ruler is not frozen in a day.

Song Baoying fell in love with Shi Lei because of his clothes, but she also shed tears because of his clothes.

Seeing Xu Wen's expression, Song Baoying comforted her, "It's okay. Every military wife has experienced such sadness. Once you get over it, you will have nothing to fear."

Because life can't get any more miserable.

One person is pregnant, one person has a baby, and one person lives with her parents-in-law as the only outsider in the family.

Day after day, year after year, I become numb.

When Shi Lei hurried home, the child was already one month old.

At that time, Song Baoying had not given up and felt that nothing mattered as long as the family was together, so she once again asked Shi Lei to take her with the army.

But at that time, Shi Lei's level was still not enough.

By the time Shi Lei reached a high level, Song Baoying had already adopted the mentality of a nun.

After Shi Lei reached a certain level, he called Song Baoying very excitedly and asked her to join the army.

But at that time, Song Baoying was used to being a mother rather than a wife.

Her love has just begun, and it has already disappeared in the grind of life without experiencing passionate love.

Song Baoying no longer thinks about Shi Lei and doesn't want to join the army.

She works hard and is rated as an outstanding teacher every year.

Only when you are at work do you not have to worry about this trivial matter.

After Shi Lei tried to persuade him in every possible way, he only agreed to bring his children to spend the New Year with him.

As a result, the whole family didn't have a good meal. The house was crowded with people all day long. Song Baoying felt that she had just changed her job as a nanny.

Of course, living in the compound is slightly more comfortable and you don't have to wait on the elders.

But before the New Year was over, Shi Lei left again.

As his wife, Song Baoying could only say, "I have to go on a mission and will be back in about four months."

Where to go? What to do?

Song Baoying didn't know anything.

"The most correct decision I made at that time was that fortunately I didn't wait for him there." Song Baoying said.

As soon as Shi Lei left, Song Baoying returned to her hometown.

It was already half a year later when I contacted Shi Lei again.

"We have been married for almost ten years. In these ten years, he has not fulfilled any of the things he promised me. I have given up hope on him a long time ago. He has been doing my job before coming to the island and hopes that I will come to the island. .I didn't even agree."

Xu Wen moved his mouth and said, "Then why are you here now?" When it reached his mouth, he swallowed it back.

Song Baoying saw Xu Wen's doubts and shrugged her shoulders, "I was made trouble by my parents-in-law. My parents-in-law look forward to their grandson."

No matter how many times it was soft or hard, Song Baoying just refused to compromise.

She is not a tool to give birth to a child, so why should they give birth to a child?

But when the parents-in-law saw that it was useless to say anything, they started to play, cry and hang themselves.

He even went to her workplace to make trouble.

The principal talked to her and liked that she could handle family relations well.

That means it won't be easy for the school to deal with it if it continues like this.

Song Baoying had no choice but to agree to go to the island during the New Year.

Xu asked: "..."

Song Baoying is not the first sister-in-law to go to the island because she wants a child.

There is sister-in-law Wang Lingling in front, and several other sisters-in-law.

"However, I am also curious about one thing." Song Baoying smiled, "Shi Lei wrote to me and talked about a lot of things on the island, and the one he talked about the most was you. I always feel that he lied to me! How can any woman keep telling me Are you willing to pay?"

Xu asked: "..."

"I'm not that great! It's just that people's personalities are different. Maybe I'm suitable for this kind of life? And...Instructor Shi?"

Xu Wen looked up and saw Shi Lei standing next to Song Baoying, and was dumbfounded.

When did he come? How many have you heard?

Song Baoying followed Xu Wen's gaze, turned her head, her eyes flickered slightly, and then she regained her previous calmness. She only moved to Xu Wen's side and made a place for Shi Lei to sit down.

Shi Lei looked at Song Baoying with complicated eyes, his Adam's apple rolled up, and his voice was a little hoarse, "I have worked hard for you these years..."

Xu Wen thought that he had probably heard everything.

She moved in the direction of Lu Yuanzheng to give the couple some space.

If it weren't for the special meal tonight, Xu Wen would have suggested that they go home and have a good talk.

Looking at Shi Lei's eyes, there was pity, distress and regret. It must be that the love between the two people is not necessarily dead.

Maybe it's just because there was too little communication and too many misunderstandings.

Song Baoying was not moved. She just raised her eyelids and said in a cold tone: "In other words! I haven't said the first thing in so many years. I'm tired of hearing it."

When the newlyweds parted, he said, "Thank you for the hard work from now on!"

During her pregnancy, she only received two letters from him, and they both said "Thank you for your hard work!"

She narrowly escaped death while giving birth to her child, but when he came home he still said, "Thank you for your hard work."

For so many years, she has taken care of the elderly and children, and has suffered all kinds of hardships and grievances. From beginning to end, she always said, "Thank you for your hard work!"

Shi Lei was silent for a while and spoke again: "I'm sorry!"

He really didn't know that she had suffered so many grievances over the years.

At first, Song Baoying would talk to him about trivial matters at home and the changes in her daughter day by day.

I don't know when she stopped talking.

His letter was to report to his family that he was safe.

Her reply was to wish him well and wish him well.

It's more satisfactory than the reports he submits every month.

They don't look like a couple who have been married for more than ten years.

Chapter 106

Song Baoying didn't reply, so Quan pretended not to hear.

Shi Lei's eyes were red. He didn't know that Song Baoying was becoming more and more distant from him and becoming more and more polite.

The look in his eyes had long lost its original intensity, and it was like looking at a familiar stranger.

Are you saying you don't know Song Baoying's grievances? I know more or less.

Do you think you don't know how much you owe her? That's not realistic.

Among the soldiers here, every parent, wife, and child can burst into tears when they mention them.

They are worthy of the green military uniform they wear, but without exception they are worthy of their parents, wives and children.

Their parents had worked hard to raise them, and they had just become independent. They joined the army with their bags on their backs without giving any feedback, leaving their parents with nothing but their backs and worries.

My parents' hair is turning gray day by day, and they have not fulfilled their filial piety. Maybe my parents will have to send the white-haired person to the black-haired person, or they may not be able to go back to see their loved ones for the last time.

He marries a girl who has not had a good relationship with her for a few times and brings her home. He cannot take care of her or love her, and allows her to integrate into his own family, which is completely unfamiliar to the new daughter-in-law.

If you are pregnant for ten months, once you give birth, you will most likely miss it.

As for the baby who is biologically related to me, from the moment he or she is born, to babbling, to toddling, and then to school.

He is always the absent one. Every time we meet, the first words he says are "I have grown up a lot!"

They failed to fulfill their father's responsibilities, and the word "Dad" was not pleasant to hear. The children were not close to them, and when they came home occasionally, they refused to share the same bed with them.

I know that nothing can change the status quo, and I still don't know how to make up for it.

I can only try to be nice to her every time we meet.

But she didn't expect that now, she really didn't need him.

Xu Wen also noticed this. If divorce hadn't been popular, Song Baoying would have divorced Shi Lei long ago.

It wasn't that she couldn't bear loneliness, nor was she afraid of hardship, it was just that she understood Shi Lei's difficulties and was considerate and tolerant.

Shi Lei didn't know her grievances, and he never comforted her, or the comfort was never to the point, at least he didn't really understand her.

For a while, the air in this corner felt oppressive.

Xu Wen wanted to say something to break the atmosphere, but he didn't know what to say.

Advise Song Baoying?

She couldn't say it.

There used to be a saying that was very popular on the Internet: "Don't tell others to be kind unless they have suffered!"

She had never experienced Song Baoying's suffering and could not stand on the moral high ground to persuade her to be more tolerant and patient.

After a long time, Shi Lei suddenly raised his hand and slapped himself.

The force was very strong and the sound was very loud, causing everyone around to look over.

Lu Yuanzheng raised his head and glanced around, "What are you looking at? Shoot a mosquito!"

The soldiers all looked away again and resumed their previous movements.

They are not stupid. They have to have a grudge against Mosquito for killing his father to be able to take such a picture.

Also, now that there are lights, the light is better than before. Some sharp-eyed soldiers saw a red slap mark on their instructor's face.

Fighting mosquitoes is too...!

However, the chief officer was not something they could discuss, so pretending not to know or not see it was their only option.

After a long time, Xu Wen raised his hand and patted Song Baoying's hand, "Sister-in-law, can I treat you to dessert tomorrow?"

Today is not the right time to have an in-depth chat.

Song Baoying nodded, "Then I'm in for a treat! I've always heard that the desserts you make are particularly delicious!"

The topic just got off the subject.

No matter how much Song Baoying feels wronged, she and Shi Lei are husband and wife outside, so they still have to give face.

After chatting for a while, the atmosphere relaxed a little, and then fell into another kind of sadness.

There is a word called separation between life and death.

This night is a farewell party, which means the first two words, life and death.

The veterans all drank from white bowls tonight, and they could enjoy themselves as much as they wanted.

After all the years of joining the army, tonight was the only time they could drink freely in the military camp without having to follow any rules.

In stark contrast are the new recruits.

The new recruits were all sitting on their mats in an upright manner.

Keep your back straight and your legs shoulder-width apart.

It doesn't matter whether they drink or not.

They were all so quiet under the leadership of their instructors, like a group of spectators, watching the veterans drink and cry happily.

Xu Wen saw confusion flashing across the faces of many recruits. It was probably difficult for them to understand the current mood of the veterans.

The atmosphere was very cheerful at first.

The veterans were holding bowls in one hand and skewers in the other, eating meat, drinking, and shouting loudly.

"Labour and management can go home tomorrow! Go home! Are you envious?"

"My wife and children are on the hot bed! Sleep until whatever time you want!"

"I no longer have to listen to the whistle to get up, or fold the quilt into tofu pieces! No, I will never fold the quilt in the future!"

"The main thing is that I don't have to listen to the sound of gunfire anymore! I'm not allowed to set off firecrackers when I go home to celebrate the New Year!"

"..."

The soldiers who did not retire also smiled and said congratulations.

"I'm envious! I'm extremely envious! Say hello to my sister-in-law for me!"

"What a beautiful idea you have! You don't have to work when you get home? You don't have to earn work points? You still have to wake up at a certain time. Maybe you wake up earlier and go to bed later than us!"

"I won't make the quilt when I get home from the army!"

"May there be no more wars in the future! Cheers!"

"..."

After eating a few bowls for a long time, the style of chatting changed.

The veterans all had tears in their eyes, and the soldiers who did not retire also had tears in their eyes, and even burst into tears.

"I don't want to retire! What can I do if I don't go back? My father is retiring and I have to go back to take over!"

"You can't come back now! I've been wearing these clothes for sixteen years! I can't bear to take them off, you know?"

"I don't dare to go back! In twelve years, many habits have been formed. Our place is different from the outside world! I'm afraid I won't be able to adapt when I go back. But if I don't go back, my girl will be old enough to get married! I won't I didn't hug her properly!"

"I was forced to come here by my family. They thought I was a fool and said they couldn't control me. When I first arrived here, I didn't even make my own bed. I dreamed of going home. I looked forward to it every day. , I finally looked forward to today. Then...I regretted it! I regretted it the day my discharge application was approved! I will never have a second chance to wear this dress again in my life!"

"..."

The remaining soldiers had to be comforted in reverse.

"Go back! Go to work on time and get off work on time every day. If you have nothing to do, go fishing and go fishing. Life will be easier than now, right?"

"You still have to fight while wearing this military uniform. Now in peacetime, there are no wars. It's the same everywhere! Go home, take a rest, and spend more time with your wife and children."

"That's right! If you don't go home, I'll even find a son-in-law for you! How nice is your little cotton-padded jacket? Go home and teach your children well."

"You are crying! You are the one who howls the most all day long! You yell at those who have been discharged from the army every day. Hurry up and go home and be your young master! I remember that when you were a new recruit in the army, you gave me a lot of trouble! I am yours The squad leader is not your nanny. The person who serves you all day long wants to be thrown out by you!"

"..."

The veterans were high and drunk, laughing and cursing incoherently.

They were reluctant to part with this military uniform and this group of comrades, and they were also afraid of reintegrating into the environment. To be precise, they were afraid that they would never be able to integrate into the world of ordinary people again.

There is no prohibition on alcohol for the soldiers, but there is a limited drinking order on Rainbow Island. They can only taste it briefly to comfort the veterans who are about to retire.

Lu Yuanzheng and Shi Lei were also called over.

The veterans they had brought with them all toasted to them.

After paying respects, he started to scold them.

He said that Lu Yuanzheng was nothing in those days, and the training was really cruel, treating them like animals!

Lu Yuanzheng still looked indifferent and raised his eyebrows, "If labor and management are not cruel to you, how can you still stand here and scold me?"

The grass on the grave must be as tall as a person.

One of them cursed and cried, "I rarely celebrate birthdays, and I rarely remember my birthdays. But I remember the first birthday I celebrated after I joined the company! It rained that day, very heavy! We were there I'm cold, hungry and tired after training outside!"

Most recruits are around eighteen years old when they join the army, which is exactly the age when they can neither eat enough nor gain weight.

At the end of a day of training, I was really exhausted and hungry.

However, recruit training often vividly embodies Mencius' words: "Starve your body and skin, work your muscles and bones, suffer your mind and will, and deplete your body."

The slogan is "Sweat and bleed but not tears! Lose skin and flesh and never fall behind!"

The fact is that there are real recruits crying and shouting slogans while training.

If it weren't for the lack of freedom after joining the army, many recruits would have given up and gone home.

But they had no chance to regret, so they could only grit their teeth and practice.

It was raining heavily and we had to stand in military posture.

That day happened to be the veteran's first birthday after joining the army. I thought I was going to go back to class hungry as usual, but the whole class was taken to the cafeteria.

A steaming pot of hot pot noodles.

In fact, the noodles had been soaked for a while at that time and were soft.

But everyone in the class devoured it, including him.

He was crying while eating the bowl of noodles.

He touched the wine bowl with Lu Yuanzheng and said, "Lu Ying, that is the most delicious noodle I have ever eaten in my life! They don't even know that there is a poached egg in my noodle bowl!"

"Are you stupid? Everyone knows it." It's the norm for others to tear things down. It's the same for everyone.

Lu Yuanzheng actually no longer remembers this episode. New soldiers join the army every year. He personally led thousands of people.

Every recruit is given a birthday in their first year on the team.

Even on the battlefield.

However, there is no need for new soldiers to go to the battlefield unless necessary.

Don't look at the fact that sometimes veterans often bully recruits and make them run errands, such as buying cigarettes or doing laundry.

On the battlefield, the veterans are like a hen guarding its chicks, protecting the recruits at the rear. If they don't fall, the recruits will be safe.

In Lu Yuanzheng's memory, a bowl of noodles on that rainy night was just a routine matter, but it became an unforgettable memory for a soldier.

Shi Lei was similar. In fact, he was more senior than Lu Yuanzheng and had led more soldiers.

The reason why Lu Yuanzheng was promoted to the same level as him was because Lu Yuanzheng's military medals were earned by sacrificing his life on the battlefield.

It is the accumulation of solid military exploits time and time again.

Shi Lei was slightly inferior to Lu Yuanzheng, but he gained a few points in terms of qualifications.

Of course, only when compared with Lu Yuanzheng, he is also the best when compared with other people at the same level.

Xu Wen turned around and saw Song Baoying staring blankly at Shi Lei in the crowd, with a faint twinkle in his silent eyes.

Maybe she remembered the boy who made her heartbeat when she was young.

Xu Wen wanted to ask her if she wanted to go home, but he didn't say anything.

The group of people didn't speak until the fuss was almost over.

The family members have already been evacuated one after another.

On such occasions, family members come to have a meal. This is a farewell banquet for men.

They can't substitute well and can only do it without disturbing them.

On the way back, Xu Wen still spoke: "Sister-in-law, do you think you have never seen such instructor Shi before?"

Song Baoying still nodded.

"He gave all his good sides to the country and his comrades, and what he left behind for you is always his back. I know that I have never experienced the pain you have experienced, and everything seems like standing up and talking without backache. But, I still want to Say, maybe if you stay on the island for a few more days, you may have answers to many of your obsessions."

Song Baoying did not refuse.

Xu Wen looked back at the men who were still busy on the beach, and thought about inviting Song Baoying, "How about my sister-in-law go to my house to play for a while? Anyway, Instructor Shi and the others won't be back for a while."

Song Baoying shook her head subconsciously: "Wenwen will not be able to find me."

"It's okay. I'll ask Dongsheng to tell her later."

Song Baoying said curiously: "I found that you and Lu Yuanzheng don't care much about Dongsheng. Let him run around and play."

"Dongsheng is a very good child. He will not go to dangerous places." Xu Wen remembered the last time Dongsheng ran away from home, and corrected what he had just said, "Normally he would not go. Besides, the child is just small and not stupid. . He has his own friends and places he wants to play. We always tie them up in the name of worry. We are tired and our children lose a lot of fun."

Song Baoying was thoughtful.

"My house is here, sister-in-law, come in and sit down! It won't take a while. Don't worry, this island is very safe."

Song Baoying hesitated for a moment and nodded, then followed Xu Wen back home.

As soon as I entered the door, I looked at it curiously.

She always felt that she was a tidy person and liked tidying up. She made the cabin cozy enough. Compared with Xu Wen, her house felt like a thatched house.

"No wonder everyone praises you, your place is so nice!" Song Baoying praised sincerely.

The most common adjective used to praise other people's wooden houses is warm.

If Song Baoying were asked to use one word to praise Xu Wenjia, she would choose the word "comfortable".

There are no particularly fancy furniture or decorations, just comfortable.

Visual comfort, psychological comfort and physical comfort.

There is a bamboo rocking chair under the window sill, the coffee table looks like a large root sculpture, the sofa chair is covered with thick cushions, and there is something next to it that I don't know what it is called, but it looks like it is used for sitting.

It's very soft and comfortable, and can be shaped into various shapes.

Xu Wen happened to come out with two cups of milk tea. He noticed Song Baoying's gaze and took the initiative to explain to her: "This is called a bean bag. You can try it, it's very comfortable!"

Song Baoying had a good upbringing since she was a child and would rarely be rude when visiting other people's homes, but she still couldn't stand the temptation of the bean bag and sat on it.

"ah!"

The bean bag was so soft that Song Baoying was startled without warning, and then she touched it like a child who discovered a new treasure.

Xu Wen pushed the cup of milk tea for Song Baoying in front of her, "Sister-in-law, do you want to try the milk tea I made myself? I don't know if you can drink it with ice, so I put some ice cubes in a separate bowl. You can add it yourself. "

Song Baoying was in a bad mood at night and didn't eat much. She smelled the sweet milk fragrance and felt an appetite. After thanking her, she followed Xu Wen's example and added some ice cubes to the enamel jar and brought it to her mouth to taste. After taking a sip, his eyes lit up, "It tastes so delicious!"

"Really?" Xu Wen narrowed his eyes and chewed the chewy pearls, "Sweetness can make people feel happy."

Song Baoying heard that Xu Wen was trying to comfort herself and thanked her, "The happiest thing about coming to the island this time is getting to know you!"

Xu Wen chuckled: "If you say this, Instructor Shi will cry with sadness."

"He doesn't care."

Xu Wen shook his head, "It's not that I don't care, it's just that I don't know how to express it. It's been almost a year since I came to the island. Because of the road expedition, I spent a lot of time dealing with Instructor Shi. Every time he comes to our house for dinner, he always mentions you and Wenwen, I miss you so much."

Song Baoying said nothing. She had never seen Shi Lei like this.

Xu Wen remembered something and asked Song Baoying: "Sister-in-law, you said that instructor Shi didn't make it back when you gave birth to your child?"

Song Baoying nodded and said, "It's a mission."

What she was doing specifically was not something she could know.

"Then when he came home later, did he see what you said to the child? For example, didn't you say you were particularly self-blame or guilty?"

Song Baoying shook her head without thinking, "No! Never said that! If he would say such heart-wrenching words, I wouldn't be living like a resentful woman now."

Chapter 107

"If you are a resentful woman, there will be no resentful women in the world." Xu Wen shook her head. She really didn't think Song Baoying was a resentful woman.

According to Song Baoying's character, she would not talk about these things between their husband and wife to the outside world.

This outsider should also include her and Lu Yuanzheng.

Yesterday was an accident, which touched Song Baoying's most fragile nerve and caused her to collapse suddenly.

It seemed that Xu Wen had seen her bad side and knew that she had problems with Shi Lei, so he just said those words to her today.

Otherwise, she should continue to maintain the appearance of harmony and happiness between husband and wife.

Song Baoying said nothing.

Xu Wen continued: "In the year I have been here, I have seen instructor Shi cry at least three times."

She stretched out her hand and made an OK gesture with three raised fingers.

Song Baoying suddenly looked up at Xu Wen, as if she couldn't believe what she heard.

Xu Wen smiled and nodded, "Every time I cry, it's because of you."

"Because of me? What happened to me?" Song Baoying asked herself that she was fulfilling her responsibilities as a wife. Even if the feelings were not there, he didn't say how to torture Shi Lei. Why did he come to someone else's house to cry?

Her face was full of doubts.

"Instructor Shi is always laughing and joking and seems to have nothing to worry about. Often when he mentions that you gave birth to your baby at home and he didn't make it back, he feels ashamed of you! You are the one I'm most sorry for in this life. He said he couldn't accompany you when you said you had a difficult delivery. By your side. Especially after drinking some wine, I will shed tears when I mention you mother and daughter."

Song Baoying was stunned, "He really said that? Still crying?"

"Yes!" Xu Wen was quite puzzled when she heard Song Baoying complain just now. Why did she think Shi Lei would be indifferent to her grievances?

Song Baoying said: "He didn't! He would never say such things at home! Let alone shed tears."

"But I will talk about it here. I will talk about the uncomfortable grievances you suffered when you gave birth to a child. It is difficult for you to work at home alone and take care of the elderly and children. Others are fine, but every time I talk about you giving birth, you will instantly become famous. Eye sockets." Xu Wen didn't lie. Maybe it's the so-called speaking your mind to strangers and quarreling with familiar people.

Although the two of them seemed to have stopped arguing.

Song Baoying had never seen her before, and she couldn't imagine Shi Lei crying because of his heartache and guilt.

Xu Wen looked at her expression carefully and then said, "Actually, you still care about Instructor Shi, right?"

Song Baoying pursed her lips and shook her head, "What do you care about him?"

I definitely cared about it once, but after being disappointed again and again, I no longer care.

Every time she needed him, he wasn't always there.

"Then let me change my words." Xu Wen saw that she rejected him for saying good things about Shi Lei, so he asked another way, "Are you willing? Are you willing to have two people treat each other like guests until they grow old? You are only in your thirties, and you are just halfway through your life. You and I Instructor Shi started out in love but never really got love. I believe that when you got married, you must have never thought that the days after marriage will be nothing but endless conflicts between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law, and there will always be children with new problems. But you yourself What? Have you ever gotten it?"

Song Baoying repeated in confusion: "Am I willing?" She shook her head, "How can I be willing?"

The marriage she longed for was to see Shi Lei's quiet profile when she opened her eyes every morning, to sit across from each other at the dinner table and eat together quietly, and to walk hand in hand in the evening.

When she was pregnant, he stayed with her to welcome the child and grow up with her.

He was holding the child and holding her hand, and the family of three was harmonious and beautiful.

Instead, she is like a living widow, guarding her parents-in-law who do not need to take care of but will find trouble, and accompany the child's growth alone.

"Since you're not willing to give in, why don't you try to let go of the past and start over?" Xu Wen coaxed softly, feeling like a witch who encouraged a good girl to do bad things.

But Song Baoying was not persuaded. She shook her head, "You have said it, I am a person in my thirties, how can I start over? An old married woman with such a big child, how can I start over? The past is the past!"

"What's wrong with being in your thirties? The middle of your life in your thirties happens to be the most beautiful time! To start over, don't think about your old husband and wife. Just get to know him again as if the previous ten years didn't exist. "

"What's the difference? Life is not the same again? No matter how we know each other, he is on the island and I am at home. We write up to ten letters a year, and we are still a couple in name only."

"So, you have to try to change! Instructor Shi's profession is here, and he can't change. But you can. You come to the island and live together as a family of three. You can realize what you just said, walking hand in hand on the beach, and he hugs Take the child with you."

"Ah?" Song Baoying hesitated for a moment, but still shook his head, "No! Let's not say whether the elderly in my family will agree to my resignation. Even if my family agrees, I am still willing but not. Wenwen goes to elementary school! There is no school here. You can't delay your children's studies just because of this matter between adults, right?"

Now that she can take the college entrance examination, Song Baoying is unwilling to delay her child's education at any cost. It is the child's lifelong future.

"Look! You always put others first. You always think of others first. This kind of giving personality can gain a lot of emotion in a short time. Over time, others will take your dedication for granted.

The child will grow up. She is the crystallization of love, not the bondage or end of love. You have to solve the problem with instructor Shi first before you can give your child a happy growing environment!

In my opinion, the relationship between husband and wife is higher than all family relationships and ranks first. Only when the relationship between husband and wife is harmonious can the relationship between parents and children be harmonious, and so can the family relationship.

As for the issue of children going to school... I do have an immature suggestion. "

Song Baoying thought about it carefully and felt that Xu Wen was right.

If husband and wife get along well, there will be less conflicts between mother-in-law and daughter-in-law.

The mother-in-law knew that it was useless to act like a monster, so the daughter-in-law Yuan Hui treated her better for her husband's sake.

Instead of being like this now, she was like a free servant at home.

She was always being yelled at by her mother-in-law, didn't she think that Shi Lei didn't care about her?

After a while, Song Baoying almost sighed and said: "I finally understand why on this island, no matter whether it's a soldier or a sister-in-law, whether an adult or a child, they always look up to you with admiration! I have lived for more than thirty years, and I have never seen such a wonderful person like you. !Sister-in-law, please tell me what other clever ideas you have to solve the child's problem?"

"What's the trick?" Xu Wen couldn't laugh or cry, "Sister-in-law, you put me on such a high pedestal that I don't even dare to speak. In fact, it's very simple. You are a teacher yourself, right? The school thing is not difficult for you. You still have more than ten years of teaching experience, so it's not difficult to be the principal of a primary school, right?"

"Ah?" Song Baoying couldn't follow Xu Wen's train of thought for a while, "What principal?" How come the school didn't even discuss becoming a principal?

Xu Wen put the milk tea back on the coffee table, changed into a comfortable position and leaned on the back of the sofa, and told Song Baoying seriously: "Actually, I didn't have this idea for a day and a half, and I had discussed it with Lu Yuanzheng and the others before. It's just that I never had it. Find the right candidate.

Sister-in-law, you also know that there are many sisters-in-law facing the same situation as you. Now the benefits provided by the army to military wives accompanying the army are very good. If you don't have elderly people at home who need constant care, you can still consider going to the island to reunite with your family.

Most of the sisters-in-law who come now bring preschool children. There are also many sisters-in-law who cannot come because they are worried that their children will not be able to go to school. But what if the problem of going to school is solved? "

Song Baoying was stunned, thought for a moment, and said, "Then this island should become more and more lively and popular, right?"

"That's just one aspect. Long-distance relationships are quite torturous at any time. Whether they are a couple or a family of three and four, they are all together. One can work with peace of mind, while the other can take care of the house. This reduces conflicts between husband and wife. This is a good thing!"

Xu Wen pointed to the huge map of the island on the wall opposite the coffee table, "Sister-in-law, look there... Lu Yuanzheng and instructor Shi have already planned the location of the school and are waiting for future construction.

But they can build schools but not be teachers. This island happens to be short of a particularly experienced primary school principal. I think you're a good fit. "

Song Baoying stood up and walked to the map.

I just saw it and wondered what it was, but it turned out to be a map of the island.

It's not appropriate to call it a map, it's more like a painting.

It's very beautiful hanging on the front wall.

The entire map is hand-drawn, and it is densely marked with the soil quality, use, and future planning almost in meters.

She saw the word "school" at a glance.

The place chosen by Lu Yuanzheng looked very clean and the location was good.

At present, it seems a bit far away from the camp area and the family building, but in the middle of the family area and the future village, children on the island will be able to attend the same school.

She raised her hand and gently rubbed it on the spot marked elementary school.

Xu Wen stood up and walked to her side, "Sister-in-law. I know that you are now a key teacher in the school, and your salary should not be low. If you are willing to stay on the island to teach, in addition to the ten yuan monthly military subsidy here, In addition, I should be able to apply for part of your salary."

Song Baoying shook her head, "It's not about salary. It should be convenient for me to eat and drink from the troops here. It should also be convenient for me to teach the children of the soldiers. But primary schools cannot be like Wang Ying's sister-in-law teaching children. In addition to regular school buildings, It's unrealistic for me to be the only teacher."

Whether it's Xu Wen or Wang Ying, they can teach all preschool children like herding a flock of sheep.

But elementary school is different. There are several grades in elementary school. She can't have one class in this class and another class there, right?

Children in every class cannot learn well.

Xu Wen had also considered this question, and she nodded in agreement: "I know. We can slowly solve the talent problem. When the island is really built, we can hire professional teachers from outside. However, at present, we can only be self-sufficient. . What I mean is that you become the principal and make teaching plans based on external textbooks. As for textbooks, it is not difficult to purchase them twice a year. The most troublesome thing is the teacher. I think the sisters-in-law have to do this themselves.

I will sign up first. In addition, two sisters-in-law, Jiang Yiyi and Wang Ying, can also teach elementary school. It seems that there are several other sisters-in-law who also have high school or technical secondary school education. But none of us have a professional background and have never really been teachers, so you have to take the helm. It would be best if you could give us some pre-job training. Before the formal class begins, they teach us how to write on the blackboard, how to prepare lessons, and what kind of teaching methods the children like best.

It doesn't matter if there are a few teachers missing. We can be responsible for two grades by one person or teach two courses by one person. "

Song Baoying's eyes flashed.

She thought she would grow old like this throughout her life.

Ke Xuwen showed her another way.

This way, I can continue to be her teacher, and the family of three can be reunited without being separated.

My parents-in-law are quite healthy, and my aunt and brother-in-law are taking care of me at home.

You can definitely stay on the island.

She had no interest in Liu Dao before, but now she admitted that she was attracted by Xu Wen's words.

Can the dream I had ten years ago come true?

But can the relationship that has been working together for ten years still exist?

It's easy to resign. If she fails, she will go home with nothing.

Song Baoying was a little hesitant, her anticipation and excitement were mixed with her feelings for Shi Lei and her lack of confidence in herself.

Xu Wen knew that it would be difficult to let go of her hatred for Shi Lei after so many years of living habits were suddenly overturned.

Yes, she felt that Song Baoying hated Shi Lei.

Some hatred does not necessarily involve gnashing of teeth.

Because the opposite of love is hate, and the opposite of hate... is plainness.

Song Baoying took a deep breath and said, "Give me two days, I have to think about it."

Anyway, Shi Lei will definitely be busy in two days, and they won't be able to leave the island for a while.

Xu Wen nodded.

Song Baoying looked at Xu Wen and hesitated.

"Sister-in-law, you can ask whatever you want to ask." Xu Wen said with a faint smile and motioned for Song Baoying to sit down.

Song Baoying liked the bean bag very much and sat back down.

Xu Wen sat on the rocking chair in front of the bed and looked at the beach.

There are fewer and fewer people on the beach. Most of the new recruits and soldiers who are about to be rotated have gone back to rest. Only some veterans, veterans and two chief officers are left.

"Sister-in-law. Did you give up studying at university and come here just because you didn't want to be separated from the road camp?"

Xu Wen nodded, then shook his head: "I have not given up studying in college, I am still a college student. My coming to accompany him does not delay my studies. It sounds like I have sacrificed a lot for him, but in fact I just spend less time with my classmates. That's all. I should come and accompany him on vacation."

"That's not true! There's no comparison between college life and island life..." Song Baoying closed her mouth mid-sentence, feeling that this was a bit provocative, so she changed the question: "Don't you feel aggrieved?"

There are obviously better choices, but he insists on coming to the island to suffer.

"No!" Xu Wenqian said calmly, smiled happily, and raised his hand to gesture to his home, "Do you think the food in my place seems to be wronging me?"

Song Baoying didn't know what to say.

Obviously he should feel aggrieved, but Xu Wen really felt like he was on vacation here.

But no matter how comfortable the days are, they are not worth the long hours of loneliness.

Xu Wen knew what Song Baoying meant, thought for a while and said: "I know that many sisters-in-law feel wronged. I also know that their profession is respected. It is said that he has half the military medals and half as many as his sisters-in-law. But in fact, most people will ignore it. The dedication of military wives."

Much later, too, there will be a priority window for military personnel, and there will be scenic spots where military personnel receive free admission.

Military wives are given priority and military wives are given free tickets anywhere.

"Sister-in-law, do you know Sister-in-law Li?"

Song Baoying nodded, "I know you, but I'm not familiar with you."

Because she rarely came to the compound, we only had dinner together once or twice by chance.

"When I first arrived at the compound, Sister-in-law Li said something to me. I still remember it." Xu Wen walked back to the coffee table, picked up his milk tea and added two spoons of ice, "She said she knew Squad Leader Lu At that time, Squad Leader Lu was only a soldier. The moment she accepted Squad Leader Lu, she was ready to be a military wife. Everyone knew that being a military wife would be hard and tiring, but even though they were two people, it was so difficult. In a person's marriage, one must be prepared for the man to sacrifice at any time.

But she just likes Squad Leader Lu, so much that she is willing to do it even though she knows it is very difficult, and no matter what happens to Squad Leader Lu, she will not complain. Because there are too many helplessness in squad leader Lu's career.

It's not that he doesn't want to accompany her, nor does he want to tell her where he's going, nor does he want her to be worried all day long. But he has a more important mission. That's why Sister-in-law Li always said that when she was with Squad Leader Lu, she always lived every day they got together as if it was the last day.

Squad leader Lu died last year. On this island. Sister-in-law Li came to this island. She has nothing to do with the army anymore. She only stays here to accompany Squad Leader Lu. Are we lucky compared to them?

At the very least, it doesn't matter whether you love it or hate it! He is still there. "

Song Baoying opened her mouth, with obvious shock in her eyes.

Song Baoying smiled bitterly for a long time, "Compared with Sister-in-law Li, I feel ashamed. When I met Shi Lei, he was also a soldier. But I don't have the consciousness of Sister-in-law Li. Maybe this is why I live in more pain than Sister-in-law Li?"

Xu Wen said nothing.

Most people only see how handsome they are in the green clothes, and they see them standing tall and handsome in those clothes.

You can't see the blood and tears flowing through the scars under the clothes.

Having a boyfriend who is a soldier is very secure, but it requires sacrifices that few people really consider.

Most girls would be like Song Baoying, who only imagined the beauty of marrying Shi Lei, but never thought about the responsibilities, obligations and pains that marrying him would entail.

"It doesn't matter what the reason is. Life is so long, you still have the chance to choose again, right? Life can be broken, or you can choose another way.

If you have time, go to the canteen and chat with Mrs. Li. I think your knot will be untied a lot. Xu Wen suggested, "There are a lot of things we can learn from her." "

Song Baoying nodded, and she took a deep breath, "I think I don't need to think about it. I want to stay on the island. I can imagine the life on the island until I grow old, but I can't imagine the life here for one second. .

I admire Mrs. Li and I envy you. I want to learn from you.

I'm not afraid of your jokes. When I was the saddest last night, I had thoughts of death. It's only been a day, and after only chatting with you for a while, I started to look forward to the fact that maybe Shi Lei and I can regain the feeling we had before. "

Chapter 108

The next day, Lu Yuanzheng got up early and straightened out his tidy things up.

Xu Wen also woke up and was woken up.

The genius is bright, and gongs and drums are beating outside.

It's not an adjective, it's really beating gongs and drums.

The red-waisted leather drum and gong were different from what Xu Wen had seen in the village, except for the suona and erhu.

Xu Wen yawned, sat up, and glanced out the window, "What are you doing outside? It's so busy early in the morning."

The curtains hadn't been opened yet, so Bai poked his head in and saw nothing.

"Did I disturb you?" Lu Yuanzheng raised his head and glanced at her, put his hands on his breasts, and bent down to kiss her.

Xu Wen dodged, "I haven't brushed my teeth yet."

Lu Yuanzheng's kiss fell on her forehead, "Go to bed early tonight! I'm afraid you won't be able to sleep during the day."

"Huh? Why?"

"Farewell to the veterans."

Xu asked: "..."

"Didn't you all hug each other and cry last night?"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

"I didn't cry." Lu Yuanzheng refused to admit, "Yesterday it was a private banquet, today it is an official process, it is different."

Xu Wen raised his eyelids, but his eyes were still red when he came back last night.

If you look closely, it's still a little swollen.

"Eh?" Xu Wen wondered, "Why are you wearing such a straight-on uniform when he is discharged from the army?"

"I am also the commander of the same battalion. I am a retired veteran and I am not allowed to say a word about him?"

"Oh!" Xu Wen smiled, "Then can I go and listen to you?"

"Of course. You can watch today."

After Lu Yuanzheng left, Xu Wen got up and tidied himself up. He made the dough for toast before heading to the camp.

As for Dongsheng, the child didn't sleep. He went to find Doudou early in the morning and didn't even come back for breakfast.

When Xu Wen went out, Jiang Yiyi, who was next door, was walking in the direction of the camp with her head down and glumly.

"Sister-in-law, are you going to watch the fun too?" Xu Wen took the initiative to say hello.

Jiang Yiyi hummed, lowering her head with a thick nasal voice.

Xu asked: "..."

She probably had another quarrel with her Li Mao.

Jiang Yiyi is a very interesting girl, she dares to love and hate.

Just a little clingy.

What Li Mao lacks most is time, and he often can't spend time with her.

For two people, one dozen will be given every three days, and one small dozen will be given every two days.

At first Xu Wen tried to persuade him, but now Quan pretended that he didn't hear him.

Anyway, it won't take long for the two of them to reconcile.

She thinks this is the unique way Jiang Yiyi and Li Mao get along.

Lu Yuanzheng didn't think so. He said that Li Mao and Jiang Yiyi could not get married.

Xu asked him why.

Lu Yuanzheng said: "Our profession is already stressful enough. We know we can't be a good husband or a good father. We don't have much free time, and we just want to be quiet for a while. People like Jiang Yiyi are noisy every day. , The coaxing was tiring. One day Li Mao broke out and refused to coax, and they would come to an end. "

Xu Wen was skeptical about this, and during the discussion, it escalated to the point of the different attitudes of men and women in relationships. It was so intense that they started a fierce debate on behalf of the man and the woman, and the smell of gunpowder was very strong.

Lu Yuanzheng sobered up a little, and when he saw that Xu Wen's attitude was not right, he immediately raised the white flag and gave up, refusing to discuss the matter with her again.

He sealed her mouth with a kiss, used his hands and feet to disrupt her mind, and ended the debate that had nothing to do with them.

Xu Wen hesitated for a moment. Should he pretend not to know or ask?

Before she could decide whether to speak, she saw several more sisters-in-law in front of her, one of whom was Wang Lingling.

The island is also a small society.

It is said that birds of a feather flock together and people flock together.

The sisters-in-law who walked with Wang Lingling were also the kind of rural sisters-in-law who looked simple.

Perhaps relatively speaking, they have more in common.

When Wang Lingling saw Xu Wen, she took the initiative to say hello, "Hello, sister-in-law."

"Hello!" Xu Wen waved to them, "Are you also going to see off the veterans? Can we all go together?"

Several sisters-in-law said hello to each other.

It should be said that someone else introduced themselves to Xu Wen.

The sisters-in-law all knew Xu Wen, but she didn't know anyone else.

Xu Wen was in the middle, with Jiang Yiyi on one side and Wang Lingling on the other.

She remembered the reason why Wang Lingling came to the island, and subconsciously looked at Wang Lingling's waist.

Wang Lingling blushed and whispered: "Not yet."

"Sorry." Xu Wen was purely curious.

Wang Lingling shook her head shyly, "I have discussed it with our squad leader Wang. Even if I am really pregnant, I will not go back to my hometown. I want to stay on the island."

"That's good!" Xu Wen was very happy, "The island is more lively. However, didn't you like the island not so much before?"

When Wang Lingling first came here, she might have been a little acclimated, didn't like dealing with people, and wasn't used to the food here.

He always shouted that he didn't feel at ease in his hometown and wanted to go home.

"I learned a lot from you and Teacher Wang. I can now write my own name. I feel that I will learn more if I stay on the island than if I go home."

"That's great! You are welcome to stay and keep us company!" Xu Wen nodded, "As long as it is useful, we will teach you for free."

She was a little surprised that Wang Ying really persisted in giving lectures until now.

And it was recognized by everyone.

I heard that her relationship with Zhao Gang has also eased a lot.

Xu Wen was quite happy for her when he heard that.

Wang Ying is not a good person. If you put this in society, sooner or later he will be beaten up by society.

But she is in the compound.

Especially in such a special environment on an isolated island.

So much so that people were much more tolerant of her.

Even more because she can correct it in time.

People in the 1970s were simple and honest, and there were no keyboard warriors in the future who would always stand on the moral high ground and yell around.

Most people are relatively kind and willing to give her a chance to change her ways.

After all, in this day and age, you can help ten old ladies cross the street without getting blackmailed.

When Xu Wen and the others arrived at the camp headquarters, it was bustling with activity.

Although it was not Monday, we still lined up, played the national anthem, raised the national flag, and invited party and military flags.

The honor guard in the camp rarely formed such a large formation, which was particularly grand.

One by one, the company commanders tied big red silk flowers to the veterans of their companies who were about to retire.

This means that their life of service is over.

They lined up again and led the veterans along the familiar road to the square of the battalion headquarters, where they formed a square formation for the last time.

Lu Yuanzheng and Shi Lei were waiting there.

All non-retired soldiers stood neatly according to their companies.

Seeing the veterans lined up, they all applauded collectively.

Next, Lu Yuanzheng spoke to Shi Lei, the veteran representative spoke, and the soldier representative spoke.

Finally, there is the routine inspection.

It is to check the luggage of veterans leaving the island to make sure they have not taken anything they should not have taken.

Then comes the farewell ceremony.

The gongs and drums were beating in front of the veterans, and all the non-retired soldiers stood in a long row along the road leading to the coast.

The veterans shed tears, saluted, and greeted and hugged their comrades one by one to say goodbye.

From the battalion headquarters to the coast, which is about two or three kilometers away, the send-off team lined up and followed all the way forward until the veterans were sent to the shore.

When picking up new recruits to join the army, they wear red flowers, and they also wear red flowers when they are escorted away by private cars.

Send them to the ship step by step, and then leave from the central island together.

They all bought their train tickets for their return home and waited until they were on land before setting off at the right time.

There are several boats parked on the shore, each with big red flowers tied to it.

The children and sisters-in-law stayed far behind to watch them leave.

After saying a few words, it was already past noon when we boarded the boat.

Xu Wen discovered that after everyone was brought back, Lu Yuanzheng stood alone on the shore for a long time.

After thinking for a while, she walked over and called him softly: "Lu Yuanzheng."

Lu Yuanzheng turned to look at her, his eyes red.

"Can't bear to leave them?"

Lu Yuanzheng shook his head, "There's nothing to be reluctant about. It's a happy thing to send him away alive, not sad."

He said that, but his expression said otherwise.

Not to mention Lu Yuanzheng, she was an outsider and felt a little uncomfortable watching that kind of parting scene.

He was just a tough talker.

Xu Wen turned around, hugged him, and whispered, "I'm still here."

Lu Yuanzheng held Xu Wen's waist with his backhand and buried his head on her shoulder.

After a while, my neck felt warm.

Xu Wen raised his hand and patted him on the back.

After the veterans leave, defense changes must be arranged immediately.

For this matter, Lu Yuanzheng and Shi Lei went to the central island for two days of meetings.

The specific plan is to focus on voluntariness.

First voluntarily, then compulsorily.

If there are more than half of the people who voluntarily stay on the island, some of them will be forced to leave the island. If there is less than half, some people will be forced to stay on the island. If it's enough for half, that's just right.

The voluntary registration period is limited to three days.

Shi Lei, who was responsible for ideological work, was so busy that he didn't even have time to go home.

This time Song Baoying didn't complain because she was also busy.

Opening a school is no joke, there are so many things that need to be prepared.

Neither Lu Yuanzheng nor Shi Lei could spare any time to take care of them. Now the whole camp was busy and they couldn't count on anyone, so they had to rely on themselves.

Xu Wen took Song Baoying to the central island to visit the local primary school.

It's a pity that it is of no use. The primary schools on the island are too poorly equipped and the teaching resources are not good.

Neither Song Baoying, an outstanding teacher in the county, nor Xu Wen, a person with modern education, could accept a perfunctory primary school.

Xu Wen gritted his teeth and led Song Baoying to the mainland to buy books and find a school to study.

Lu Yuanzheng and Shi Lei were both too busy, and they had to take care of their children.

Lu Yuanzheng was worried and sent two soldiers to follow them.

Xu Wen was particularly embarrassed, "Now is the time to sign up to stay or leave the island. If we take them away, won't they lose their right to make their own choices?"

Before Lu Yuanzheng could speak, the soldier rushed to say: "Sister-in-law, don't worry! It's a rotation anyway. If you stay this year and leave next year, it will be the same if you stay next year and leave this year. I am willing to protect you... No, I will follow you out for a long time." gain knowledge."

Xu Wen nodded, "Young man is really good at talking!"

"Sister-in-law, how about you introduce me to someone?"

As soon as he finished speaking, Lu Yuanzheng kicked him, "I'll give you a five-kilometer run with a heavy load. Do you want it?"

Xu Wen was amused and chuckled.

The soldier patted the dirt on his butt and didn't take it seriously. He chuckled twice and said, "No! I have to help my sister-in-law carry her luggage! See you at the road camp! See you soon, sister-in-law!"

He had already run far away while talking.

Lu Yuanzheng shook his head, "I went crazy on the island. I asked two people to accompany you, and they almost started fighting."

Xu Wen was unhappy: "Then how do you know it's because they just want to leave the island for a walk? Maybe it's because I'm popular and they are willing to go out with me?"

Lu Yuanzheng glanced at Xu Wen and nodded reluctantly: "Yes, yes, my wife is very beautiful! Of course she is popular."

Xu Wen snorted: "You can praise me as long as you want. What does it mean to praise so reluctantly?"

Don't think she can't see how perfunctory he is.

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

"I'm not forcing this, this is called jealousy!"

After landing, Xu Wen and Song Baoying still stayed in the courtyard guest house. The details were arranged by the accompanying soldiers.

In fact, we should stay in a guest house outside. Lu Yuanzheng was worried about their safety, so he specifically greeted the Haicheng resident.

Xu Wen and the others settled down to follow Lu Yuanzheng, the unit they were switching to.

After resting for a night, the next day, the group went straight to the bookstore to pick out teaching materials.

There are a lot of textbooks for fifth grade, and I bought dozens of sets for each level.

When the bookstore saw that they were big customers, they even drove them back to the compound.

It happened that Lian Zhenxing came over to inspect the work.

The book delivery vehicle blocked the road, and his civil servant got out of the car and asked the sentry what was going on.

Before the sentry could speak, Xu Wen and Song Baoying trotted over to pick up the book.

The two of them are not enough to show their faces here, let the car go inside, and have to move the books themselves.

In order to save one move, even Dongsheng and Wenwen, two young laborers, were not spared and were called over together.

The sentry's sharp eyes saw Xu Wen and them, pointed at them and said to the orderly: "These are the books of the two sisters-in-law."

The orderly said in a low voice: "Then you should let the car go on one side! Do you want the leader to wait for them to finish moving the books before going in? Is this appropriate?"

The sentry was also worried, "It's too late to give in now."

The gate here is not very wide, and most of them are occupied by book delivery vehicles. Even the Zhenxing vehicle is blocked behind, and there is no way to get the book delivery people out.

The orderly also saw it and thought for a moment, "I'll ask the driver to fall back. You quickly make way for the book delivery person."

The sentry answered.

As soon as the orderly arrived at the car, he saw Lian Zhenxing pushing the door open and coming down, "Military...leader, why are you down?"

Lian Zhenxing motioned to Xu Wen and Dongsheng with his eyes, "I see an acquaintance and I'll come over and say hello."

When Xu Wen heard what the sentry said, he, Song Baoyingwen and Dongsheng hurriedly moved down the books.

This is not an island. This compound is very unfamiliar to both Xu Wen and Song Baoying.

They felt very embarrassed for causing trouble to the sentry.

But there were so many books that I couldn't move them all in a while, and I was so anxious that sweat broke out on my forehead.

"Xu Wen? Dongsheng?"

Xu Wen and Dongsheng raised their heads when they heard the sound.

Xu Wen was a little confused. He looked familiar and couldn't place his name for a moment.

Dongsheng was so happy that he stood on the side of the car and smiled at Lian Zhenxing with his white teeth exposed: "Uncle Lian! I haven't seen you for a long time! I miss you so much."

Only then did Xu Wen remember why she had followed Lu Yuanzheng to Lian Zhenxing's house for dinner when he looked familiar!

It's just that she just arrived at the compound last year and met so many strange people that she couldn't remember so many faces at once.

Xu Wen greeted him: "Hello! Sorry, we are blocking the way."

Lian Zhenxing waved his hand, looked at the elementary school textbooks in the book, and wondered: "Is Dongsheng going to elementary school?"

Xu Wen shook his head, "We bought it for the children on the island. We want to set up a primary school on Rainbow Island with my sister-in-law Song Baoying."

"Your family runs your own primary school?" Lian Zhenxing raised his eyebrows in surprise.

Xu Wen nodded, "Yes. I know this is a bit against the rules. There is nothing we can do about it. Although the new benefits offered by our army are particularly good for the sisters-in-law who accompany the army, everyone's willingness to go to the island is also very strong.

However, although the adult problem is solved, many sisters-in-law still cannot come to join the army until the problem of children going to school is solved. "

Chapter 109

Lian Zhenxing nodded and raised his hand.

The orderly followed and waited respectfully for his orders.

"Invite a few people to come over and load the books into my car. They will be delivered to me in a moment..." Lian Zhenxing looked at Xu Wen.

"With this small amount of books, we can just move them ourselves. I'm sorry to have to ask you to wait for a while!" Xu Wen didn't want to trouble him.

Originally, Lu Yuanzheng arranged for her to have accompanying soldiers, but in a hurry, she forgot to ask them to come together to help.

After all, men and women are different, and they don't live with her and Song Baoying.

They couldn't live in a guest house and settled in empty spaces in the camp area.

"We are lacking everything here, except for strong labor. Why do you, two women, and their two children do manual labor when there are thousands of men in this courtyard?" Lian Zhenxing shook his head.

Xu Wen saw that he could not refuse and said, "We are staying in the guest house for the time being."

The orderly didn't wait for Lian Zhenxing to give any more orders, and went to the doorman to call someone.

Lian Zhenxing stood at the back of the car and opened his arms towards Dongsheng, "You brat! Come here and let me hug you."

Without saying a word, Dongsheng jumped into Lian Zhenxing's arms. Lian Zhenxing didn't expect that he would move so fast and jump so hard that he was caught off guard and took half a step back. He stabilized his body and raised Dongsheng: "You What a boy! He's grown taller and stronger!"

Dongsheng chuckled.

Lian Zhenxing invited Xu Wen, "Comrade Xu, are you free? Come to my place and chat together? Let's talk about your elementary school."

"This... won't it disturb your work?" Xu asked a little embarrassed.

"I just can't sit still and come here to hang out. It's no business." Lian Zhenxing shook his head and pointed at the soldiers performing their duties. "Unless they need to fight, it won't make much difference to them whether I come or not. . Each of them knows what they should do and will not disrupt their daily work because of my appearance. When I come, they have to waste a few seconds to salute me."

Xu Wen's eyes followed the movement of his fingers. Indeed, everyone had something to do where they wanted to go.

The compound is very clean.

It's not like the local government, where once a superior leader comes to inspect, everyone rushes to clean the place.

The sanitation here, regardless of whether a superior leader comes to visit, can't clean the gaps between the bed boards even if you wear white gloves.

Xu Wen nodded in agreement: "You're right! Otherwise, many large companies outside would be learning militarized management! However, you are too modest. No matter how they perform their duties, they must first have responsibilities and orders before they are executed. .You are the decision-maker!"

"You can talk much better than that brat Lu Yuanzheng! He is really lucky to have a wife like you!" Lian Zhenxing laughed.

Song Baoying had been to the compound several times, but this was the first time she had seen such a big official. She couldn't be as polite and generous as Xu Wen. She was so nervous that she felt like she was in the same boat. She held Wenwen's hand tightly and asked Xu in a low voice: " How about... I... I go back to the guest house first?"

Lian Zhenxing heard this and turned to Xu Wen, "Who is this sister-in-law?"

"Instructor Shi Lei's lover, Song Baoying. It's my fault that she forgot to introduce her when we started talking." Xu Wen turned to Song Baoying and said, "This is Uncle Lian Zhenxing, the commander of the army. He is also the boss of Lu Yuanzheng and their boss."

Song Baoying: "..."

It would be better not to introduce him, which would make him even more nervous.

I could tell he was a high-ranking official, but I didn't expect him to be so big. I thought he was at most a regimental leader.

Lian Zhenxing nodded suddenly, "Shi Lei! Comrade Song, if you don't have anything urgent, let's talk together? Didn't you say you want to run a school together?"

Song Baoying swallowed nervously and subconsciously glanced at Xu Wen for help.

Xu Wen patted her arm lightly: "Don't be nervous. Uncle Lian is very talkative."

Song Baoying pursed her lower lip. No matter how easy it was to talk, he was still such a big official.

Xu Wen whispered in her ear: "There's really no need to be afraid! Shi Lei is his soldier and you are not! We are just military wives and we are not colleagues."

Lian Zhenxing: "..."

It seems to make sense, but could you please keep your voice down, otherwise he would be a little embarrassed.

Song Baoying: "..."

That's what he said, but shouldn't Shi Lei's leader also have to be respectful?

Seeing that Song Baoying was still hesitating, Xu Wen added: "We have to go! Think about it, what if a cadre like Uncle Lian is willing to support what we want to do? Do the teachers have their salaries? At least this Do you have to pay for the books?"

Several hundred dollars!

Lian Zhenxing: "..."

Song Baoying was just an ordinary citizen, and the situation was not that big. She was really moved by Xu Wen's words, and nodded, thinking that she would endure it for the sake of her children.

Xu Wen and Song Baoying followed Lian Zhenxing into the courtyard with their two children.

As soon as he entered the door, Dongsheng slipped off Lian Zhenxing and respectfully saluted Lian Zhenxing, "Uncle Lian, I don't want to go to your office. I want to go to the family building to play with the children."

It's so boring for adults to talk.

Lian Zhenxing raised his eyebrows and pointed to the text below, "Then you have to be responsible for protecting this young lady."

Dongsheng responded and took the initiative to hold Wenwen's hand.

Wenwen didn't like listening to adults chatting either, so he followed Dongsheng happily without even looking back.

Song Baoying frowned, a little worried, and opened and closed his mouth.

Xu Wen saw her worry and comforted her: "Don't worry. Dongsheng is very familiar with this place and will take good care of Wenwen. Besides, this should be the safest place in the world, and human traffickers can't steal here."

Song Baoying smiled sheepishly: "I know, I'm just used to it."

This is not Lian Zhenxing's permanent unit. He has to requisition someone else's office when he gets here.

However, since he has a high official position, the best office space is available for him.

Xu Wen saw several four bags in a row and looked at them but hesitated to speak.

Xu Wen took the initiative and said, "Uncle Lian, how about we wait first and then we'll come over after you finish the meeting."

Lian Zhenxing was stunned for a moment when he heard this, then looked back at the people following them, and waved his hands: "You go and do your work first. Come back later."

After everyone left, he asked Xu: "I came here on an impromptu basis. They thought they had made a mistake again and were afraid of me lecturing them."

Xu asked: "..."

It is indeed good to be a high official.

Lian Zhenxing didn't sit on the office chair and pointed to the reception area in the corner, "You guys sit down first."

Xu Wen and Song Baoying sat on the double sofa, and Lian Zhenxing sat on the single sofa.

After a while, a soldier came over and brought three cups of tea.

Lian Zhenxing held the teapot and blew on it, "Tell me carefully, what do you think of that school?"

Xu Wen and Song Baoying looked at each other, and Xu Wen spoke and told what they wanted to do.

Lian Zhenxing thought for a while while holding his tea cup, and said with some emotion: "The more military wives like you two, the better our soldiers' work will be. You are still thoughtful. We old men are still not attentive enough. Meeting When we were discussing, we only thought about improving the welfare of the military wives, which naturally made them more willing to join the army. I didn't expect that these newly sensible babies would also be a big obstacle."

"No parent only cares about themselves. They always put their children first." Song Baoying said softly.

Lian Zhenxing nodded: "That's right! Your Rainbow Island should be the island in the archipelago that gives me the most peace of mind. Originally, that island was the most remote, dangerous and difficult to develop and construct. I didn't expect you to do it so well now! We also need to build schools. This is a good thing and I support it."

He raised his index finger and asked, "As you just said, I will reimburse your book fees. I will get you the qualifications to run a school. I will apply for the teacher's salary, and all children's tuition fees will be exempted." "

Song Baoying was a teacher and was particularly grateful to Lian Zhenxing for supporting the school. She stood up and bowed to him, "On behalf of those children, thank you."

Xu Wen also stood up and bent down.

Lian Zhenxu helped them both and motioned for them to sit down: "It's me who should say thank you. Thank you for taking good care of the families and children of the soldiers in the rear. Let them devote themselves to their work without any worries. If the sisters-in-law are all As enlightened as you are, it won't be so difficult for our soldiers to find wives!"

Song Baoying groaned and wondered, "Is it difficult to get a wife?"

The unmarried women around her generally have a favorable impression of soldiers, so why is it difficult to find a wife?

Xu Wen didn't say anything. She still knew why.

Appreciation and liking are two different things.

Just like what the Xu family advised her before she married Lu Yuanzheng.

Everyone knows the greatness of being a soldier, but how many would like their daughter to marry a soldier?

Being a military wife is painful to the naked eye.

This is part of the reason why they have difficulty finding suitable partners.

Part of the reason is that they are on site all year round.

The courtyard was like a monk's temple all day long, not even a girl could be seen, and no matchmaker could come to the door.

Many soldiers can only go on blind dates during the month of vacation.

Once the blind date is successful, a flash marriage is required.

However, for the soldiers, the actual meaning of getting married is that their parents have someone to take care of them, and they have a wife in name only.

Now there is no video, phone or internet, so I can only write letters.

In remote areas, there may not be more than ten or ten letters a year.

From a woman's perspective, such a marriage is worse than not getting married.

Lian Zhenxing sighed: "That's right! Nowadays, the difficulty for soldiers to marry has become one of our unsolvable problems. There is no way. We all only have two hands. If we can carry a gun, we can't hold a girl's hand. So this We have been working hard to improve the treatment of military wives for two years, just thinking that we can make our officers and soldiers hold their heads higher when they go out for blind dates, and increase the marriage rate.

You don't know how many of the discharge reports submitted every year are due to marriage. Half of them are unmarried, and when they reach their age, they are told to go home and find a partner. Half of them are married, and they say they will lose their families if they don't retire. "

Song Baoying blushed and lowered her head.

She was the second half, but Shi Lei was an officer and could not retire but had to change careers.

It's not easy to train an officer these days, and it doesn't mean you can change your career if you want.

Lian Zhenxing looked at Xu and asked, "Comrade Xiao Xu! You are always smart. Why don't you try harder to think of a way to make it easier for our soldiers to please their wives?"

Xu asked: "..."

Does she look like a matchmaker or something?

Lian Zhenxing saw her thoughts and waved his hand, "It's not that you are like a matchmaker. I praise you for your ability. Your Rainbow Island is the island with the strongest military wives' willingness to join the army among the archipelago. Originally, it was said that your island also has the highest discharge rate. But when it finally came time to retire, according to the discharge report submitted to me, your island had the lowest discharge rate.

I was very puzzled, so I asked someone to ask. Only then did I realize that your contribution was included in it. "

Xu asked: "..."

"You praise me too much. I just want to have fun and take everyone to have fun."

"Then you have to have more fun with this kind of 'play'. I heard that your island is doing well now except living in isolation. If the school problem is solved again, it will be great! It is estimated that those soldiers will be replaced next year We have to rush to Rainbow Island!"

"This is not my credit, it is everyone's credit. It proves that instructor Shi and Lu Yuanzheng have managed well and won the hearts of the people."

"I know what both of them are capable of. They are very good at leading troops and fighting in battles. They are so sophisticated in the world, and they have a headache and can't even think of these solutions. As expected of comrades who can be admitted to a prestigious university, they are really amazing!"

Xu asked: "..."

Anyway, she is building a plane now and it is a credit to her college education.

After chatting for a while, Lian Zhenxing asked about the situation on the island.

"I originally wanted to take some time to go to the island in the past few days, but you just happened to be here. I asked the questions that needed to be asked. I told them that I would not go there. I will go after your school is built."

Xu Wen made peace with Song Baoying, said hello to him and left.

Song Baoying breathed a sigh of relief when she left the office, and asked Xu Wen in confusion: "Sister-in-law, are you really not nervous about chatting with such a big leader?"

Xu Wen didn't say anything, he just put his palm on the back of Song Baoying's hand.

Song Baoying: "..."

The back of her hand felt sticky, and Xu Wen's palms were no less sweaty than hers.

Song Baoying sighed for a while: "I can't tell at all!"

Xu Wen sighed softly.

It's not that they are timid and have never seen the world.

Lian Zhenxing, who has been in a high position for a long time, has a very strong aura, especially the kind of aura that has been tempered by war.

Most people can't bear it.

Just like today's new recruits will be trembling with fear when they see the road expedition.

Lu Yuanzheng has only been a soldier for more than ten years, and Lian Zhenxing has been a soldier for most of his life. He has participated in many battles, large and small.

When they returned to the guest house, the books they bought were already in the management room on the first floor of the guest house.

The administrator was a female soldier. When she saw them, she took the initiative to greet them: "Two sisters-in-law, your books are here. That's it. Anyway, if you want to transport them away, why don't you move them upstairs? Put them with us first?"

"Would it be too troublesome for you?" Song Baoying was embarrassed.

"It's okay. We have people on duty 14 hours a day. You can pick it up whenever you leave. I guarantee you won't lose it."

What else could Xu Wen and Song Baoying say, and they thanked them.

On the first day, with the help of Lian Zhenxing, Xu Wen and Song Baoying visited primary schools run by the army and the best central primary school in Haicheng.

Xu Wen was a layman and just stared at other people's hardware facilities.

Song Baoying took a notebook, asked a lot of detailed questions, and wrote them down seriously.

The principals of the two schools heard that they were running a primary school for military children and were particularly supportive. They also provided many teaching aids for free and shared a lot of experiences with them.

All in all, it was a worthwhile trip.

On the third day, Xu Wen and Song Baoying went shopping in the city. They first bought some office stationery, such as chalk, erasers, pens, pencils, notebooks, etc.

Let the accompanying soldiers be sent back to the compound first.

The two of them went shopping and bought some clothes for their children and themselves. They had a meal outside at noon and walked around before returning to the guest house in the afternoon.

Early on the fourth day we set off back to the island.

Probably Lian Zhenxing had already said hello, and there was a car to take them there, and even the teaching supplies were sent directly to the dock.

After reversing the boat twice, we returned to Rainbow Island. It was already dusk.

Lu Yuanzheng knew that they would bring a lot of books, so he deliberately asked people to wait on the shore early.

In addition to the two soldiers who had accompanied them before, Xu Wen and Song Baoying basically didn't have to pick up things.

Xu Wen returned to the wooden house and sighed comfortably.

I don't know whether it's because I like it here more and more or because I'm traveling on an expedition without accompanying me, so I don't sleep well at night and always miss home.

Miss him too.

I came back very late from the road expedition.

After taking a shower, he quietly entered the bedroom, but saw that Xu Wen was not asleep yet. He was startled and asked softly, "Why aren't you sleeping yet?"

Xu Wen yawned, his face and eyes were obviously tired, and his voice was a bit soft, "I haven't seen you for a few days, I miss you."

If I hadn't stayed up to see him, I would have gone to see Duke Zhou.

It's rare for two people to be separated for so long, and it's really uncomfortable.

The voice was not loud, but it tickled Lu Yuanzheng's heart like a feather.

Lu Yuanzheng threw the towel on the back of the chair in front of the desk, got on the bed, lay down next to Xu Wen, put his hand on her waist, and sighed: "I miss you too."

As he spoke, he lowered his head and kissed Xu Wen's lips.

Chapter 110

A little farewell is better than a wedding.

Xu Wen closed his eyes and took the initiative to raise his neck to meet Lu Yuanzheng.

As soon as their lips touched each other, Xu Wen let out an ouch and pushed Lu Yuanzheng away with a smile, "How many days have you not shaved?"

The stubble pricked her so much.

Lu Yuanzheng groaned, touched his chin and smiled, "It seems like you haven't shaved since you left."

It's not that he is lazy.

They have very strict requirements on appearance.

Mainly because he had been so busy these past two days that he didn't touch the bed, so he didn't pay attention to shaving. .

There were only two words to change defense, but hundreds of people moved.

As old people come and new people come in, it is up to them to decide how to arrange companies, teams, and posts.

Xu Wen was unhappy, "You just said you missed me! How can you have time to miss me when you are so busy? Liar!"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

A woman's face is more changeable than June.

He held Xu Wen's chin and rubbed it against her shoulder, tickling her so much that she giggled.

"No matter how busy I am, it doesn't stop me from missing you." Lu Yuanzheng said.

Thinking about it carefully, he was also puzzled. He had been too busy these past two days to eat or sleep, but he would think of Xu Wen from time to time.

Even if I'm in a meeting, sometimes I just glance out the window and wonder, "Have you eaten yet?"

Similar thoughts will come to him at any time and will not interfere with his work or distract him.

After all, it was just a fleeting thought, but the thoughts flashed a bit densely. Xu Wen had been away for four or five days, and it had crossed his mind at least hundreds of times.

Xu Wen lifted his chin with his hand: "Although I miss you too! But that's not the reason why you don't shave! You won't be touched until you shave."

Lu Yuanzheng had no choice but to get up and shave, even giving himself a small cut.

Then I went back to the bedroom and found that Xu Wen had fallen asleep!

She couldn't eat well or sleep outside and missed him.

Before seeing him, it was okay to keep the string tight. Now that I saw someone, the string loosened and I fell asleep.

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

When I was in college, I had to move every time freshmen started school or during graduation season.

Hundreds of people come and go.

The corridor was in a mess, filled with all kinds of panic sounds.

"Give way!"

"Where's my basin!"

"Who has seen me in the mirror?"

When Rainbow Island changed defenses, not only did hundreds of soldiers leave the island, but hundreds of soldiers also came to the island.

Nearly a thousand people mingled with each other, but there was no chaos at all.

Their bedding and personal belongings were simply tied into backpacks and carried behind their backs.

After the first group of people landed on the island, the first group of people from Rainbow Island boarded a boat and left the island.

Then the first batch and the third batch...

After the new people on the island are gathered, they are divided into companies and classes, and then they are all broken up and reorganized.

So are the remaining veterans.

The companies are divided into classes, and everyone is brought back to the class to pack their luggage.

By evening, everything was business as usual.

Except for the people he knew, Xu Wen couldn't tell which ones were new to the island and those who were veterans who were already on the island.

Xu Wen clicked his tongue: "Your execution is terrible."

On this island, thousands of people come and go throughout the day, but there is no panic at all.

He left cleanly and came cleanly.

At the end of the day, Lu Yuanzheng went home for dinner at almost nine o'clock in the evening.

"I finally understand how big the gap is between ordinary people and you!" Xu Wen sighed.

Training that seems useless all day long can always surprise people at critical moments.

If she hadn't been watching all this happen, she wouldn't have known what the island had gone through throughout the day.

Lu Yuanzheng half-closed his eyes and lay on a chair by the window, "Where are you now? What more news do you want after only changing a few hundred people? It's even harder than this during a war. Not only do you have to change, but you also can't let the enemy discover it. Under the searchlight It's much more difficult to complete the handover down there than this."

Xu Wen hugged his knees and sat on the bean bag. Listening to his voice getting softer and fainter, he turned his head to look at him.

Lu Yuanzheng's eyes had been closed. Under the dim light, he didn't know if it was the dark circles under his eyes or the shadows covered by his eyelashes. However, it was obvious that he was exhausted.

Since returning from vacation, Lu Yuanzheng has not had a break. First, the veterans retired, and then they changed defenses.

After eating and talking, he fell asleep.

Xu Wen felt a little distressed, but it was useless to feel distressed.

She looked at the time, hesitated, and took a blanket to cover him from his knees to his waist and abdomen.

Lu Yuanzheng could only sleep for half an hour, and it was his turn to be on duty tonight.

Normally, when you are so sleepy, you can find Shi Lei to take over, but now Shi Lei is no better than Lu Yuanzheng.

Xu Wen looked at his watch and called to wake up Lu Yuanzheng when it was time.

Lu Yuanzheng was a little angry after getting up. He put his arm around her waist, rubbed his head on her belly, and muttered: "I don't want to think about it."

Xu Wen couldn't decide on this matter, so he could only pat him twice on the back, "It'll be fine tomorrow!"

After changing the defense, it should be the same as last year, right?

Unexpectedly, Lu Yuanzheng shook his head, "Not even tomorrow. We still need to train for a while after changing the defense."

In order to break in, we also need to strengthen training, and we can't be as loose as last year.

Xu asked, "Can't you rest in a short period of time?"

"It's either that we can't, or we may be a little busier than last year. Last year we were mainly busy with construction and doing manual labor. This year there are more people on the island, so our tasks have changed. Defense is the main task, and construction is the supplement."

There is no need to train for physical work. Everyone is a young and strong labor force, so just work hard.

This year is different. After the infrastructure is improved, the overall defense of the Dela Islands is improved. Defend the enemy externally and protect the people internally.

In the past, only military family members were on the island, which was equivalent to half a soldier. With fewer people, it was easier to protect and retreat.

Now there are companies that manage wind power generation and those that build harbors.

They are all ordinary people, and the responsibility to protect them is heavier than doing the work themselves.

Whether you can or cannot do it depends on the priority.

But we couldn't tell Xu Wen this.

Xu Wen guessed part of it and didn't ask any more questions. He just frowned and asked, "Does that mean you can't help build the school anymore?"

After saying a few words, Lu Yuanzheng sobered up a little, patted his face, stood up and tidied his clothes, and said, "Is the school urgent? It's almost half of the last semester. I promise you will be ready before the start of the fall semester." Can I use a new school?"

"Of course not! Why is it already halfway through the semester? It's been less than two months since school started. We don't have spring and autumn holidays here! We still plan to start school before the summer vacation!" Speaking of this, Yuanzheng looked at his watch frequently and waved his hands, "Forget it! You go first! We'll talk about it later."

But I don't know where to return to this end of the road expedition.

As his pillow partner, Xu Wen felt like there was a jet lag between the two of them in the same home.

When she woke up, Lu Yuanzheng had already left, and when she fell asleep, Lu Yuanzheng had not returned yet.

Don't expect Lu Yuanzheng to come home and cook. Now that it's ready, eight times out of ten, you won't be able to wait until he comes back to eat.

Song Baoying was extremely anxious. It was useless for her to be anxious. Shi Lei also said that it couldn't be done for the time being.

Song Baoying had no choice but to come to Xu Wen for advice.

When she found Xu Wen, he was shopping at the canteen. Hearing this, he sighed: "I can't do anything about this. We can teach, but we can't build a school!"

No matter how good Magic Mirror is, it is just like a web search engine and cannot be an architect.

Sister-in-law Li comforted them: "Don't worry, no matter how anxious you are, you can still finish the semester, right? Sister-in-law Song, you are a teacher, so it should be no problem to make up extra classes for your daughter. When they get free time, they will definitely be covered."

Song Baoying shook her head, "I'm not worried about Wenwen. Wenwen's foundation is good, but I also focus on studying and fall behind on my homework. Although it's not April yet, it sounds like there's still half a year before the fall semester starts, but we have to prepare. Too much.

The campus is still a wasteland now. The weeds need to be cleared and the land leveled, right? Do you have to cut down trees to make wood? Does it take time to build a school building? There are also tables, chairs and benches. In addition, none of us have ever been teachers, so we have to train for a few days first.

I heard that many sisters-in-law are leaving because their children have reached school age. If the school doesn't work well, people will definitely leave.

Besides, if your sister-in-law, who has half-grown children at home, wants to go to the island, does she have to come first to let her children get used to our teaching materials and teachings? You can't just go into the classroom and start teaching as soon as school starts, right?

If the school is not completed until before the start of the next semester, it will be difficult to guarantee whether the school will be able to open smoothly by then. As busy as they are now, they may not have time in a few months. "

While sorting out the shelves, Sister-in-law Li sighed softly: "Who says it's not the case? Our family's Gensheng has reached the age of going to school. I worry about this every day, thinking that if it doesn't work, I will get up early and stay up late every day to send him to the central island. Just in time you are going to do it I'm quite happy at school, it saved me a lot of trouble."

Sister-in-law Li has now completely settled on the island. Although the profits from running this canteen do not belong to her, she is given a high salary and Lao Lu's pension. She and Gensheng also ate in the cafeteria, and they didn't spend much money. They were all saving up for Gensheng to get a wife later.

I originally wanted to buy a boat to send children from Rainbow Island to school on the central island.

Now that Xu Wen and Song Baoying were struggling to find a school, they would save her the trouble.

Sister-in-law Li thought for a while: "How about we invite a few people from the central island to help? You can pay the wages, and I will pay for it!"

Xu Wen shook his head, "We are an important military area here. Sister-in-law Li, you know you won't let outsiders come to the island easily, for fear of getting in people who shouldn't be here. We are changing defenses now, and we have to be more careful during the running-in period. Besides, hiring People break the law too! We don't have that right. Officials can, but we can't."

"Yes! Alas! I am also talking nonsense in a hurry! Don't take it seriously." Sister-in-law Li is an old military wife and knows the rules better than Xu Wen and the others. She is just talking nonsense in a hurry.

Song Baoying was also anxious and complained: "I can never rely on them for matters related to me!"

Xu Wen shook his head.

If she wants to say hello to Lu Yuanzheng, he will definitely cooperate to make a report and apply for people from the central island to come to the island to help build a school.

However, she didn't want to trouble him.

Now Lu Yuanzheng is really too busy to take care of this. If he fails to look at any aspect and sneaks in to do some detailed work or something, it will be over.

Their island can be considered an isolated island. As Lian Zhenxing said, the risk factor is too high.

Song Baoying sighed sadly, she had no good idea anyway.

Otherwise, we wouldn't be able to come to Xu Wen for discussion.

What can Xu Wen do? After a long while, he only replied: "I'll think of a way."

But what can she think of?

Her magic mirror is just a talker but no action.

Ask it how to build a house, and it might be able to give you a detailed tutorial.

If you let it build a house, it will probably shut itself down and pretend to be dead.

After Xu Wen paid the bill, he left the canteen with Song Baoying. Before leaving, he promised: "I will definitely be able to figure out a solution within three days."

Having said that, Ke Xu Wen felt really unsure.

Xu Wen was so worried that he didn't even eat much at noon.

But you don't have to eat and just sleep.

She lay on the bamboo chair and fell asleep thinking about it.

Drowsily, she heard someone calling her.

"sister in law!"

"Ask sister-in-law, are you at home?"

Xu Wen originally thought it was in a dream, but when she heard it, she felt something was wrong. Someone really called her.

He stood up and opened the door.

Wang Lingling and the sisters-in-law who were with her last time when she saw the veteran off were all at the door of her courtyard.

No wonder she heard several people calling her.

Xu Wen walked a few steps quickly and opened the courtyard door for them.

The courtyard door is no higher than a person's waist and can be opened with just a push.

This was because Wang Lingling had never been here before, so she was very reserved. Like Aunt Li, they would most likely go directly to the living room to call for someone.

"Sister-in-law, why are you here? Come on! Sit inside first. It's too hot outside."

Wang Lingling hurriedly waved her hand and pointed to her shoes, "Our feet are not clean, so don't let you step on them."

Xu Wen pulled her inside and said, "The ground is meant to be stepped on, so why not step on it? We all live on the island, and no one is any cleaner than the other."

Although Wang Lingling was strong, she did not dare to push too hard for fear of shaking Xu Wen, so she had to follow Xu Wen into the house.

Xu Wen poured a cup of milk tea for each of them, but the ice cubes were in separate bowls. "Sisters-in-law, if any of you like it cold, add some ice cubes yourself! It will taste better!"

The sisters-in-law, headed by Wang Lingling, were very restrained and couldn't let go.

They quickly looked around at the furnishings in the room and quickly lowered their heads, feeling a little restless. No one went to pick up the enamel jar.

Xu Wen saw a sister-in-law, and after looking around the house, he quietly raised his feet.

Xu asked: "..."

Sitting on a chair with your feet off the ground is actually a very tiring position.

She was a little dumbfounded and spoke again: "Sisters-in-law, don't be polite. Just treat yourself as your own home when you come here. I'm not mysophobic... I mean I'm not that particular, so you really don't have to be so polite. My son Dongsheng, you all I've seen people run around and play outside all day long, and every time they come back, they'll be covered in sand or mud, and they still go inside.

So don't be so reserved, otherwise it will make you uncomfortable and I won't be comfortable either. "

The sister-in-law glanced at Xu Wen, and seeing Xu Wen's sincere eyes, she quietly put her feet back on the ground.

Xu Wen simply stood up and gave each of them a cup from the enamel vat placed on the coffee table.

She finally saw that these sisters-in-law were too honest and too reserved, and it was unrealistic to expect them to serve milk tea themselves.

"We're not thirsty." Wang Lingling still didn't nod and accepted.

"Sister-in-law, if you don't drink, the other sisters-in-law will be even more embarrassed to drink. It's just a glass of water. You can't even bear to drink a glass of water when I'm here in such a hot day, right?"

Wang Lingling took it, took a sip, and praised: "What kind of drink is this? It's so delicious! It has the aroma of milk and tea."

"This is called milk tea. I made it myself using milk and black tea. I added some sugar."

"Ah! How expensive is that!" Wang Lingling exclaimed, but she had already drank it and was too embarrassed to put it back, so she could only drink it in small sips, like a rare treasure.

The other sisters-in-law were all the same, except the one with floating feet who didn't move.

Xu asked the idea but didn't say anything more or persuade him.

According to her experience, the more you persuade them in this situation, the more uncomfortable they feel.

I can also understand Wang Lingling.

Xu Wen was a so-called rich lady in her previous life, but in this life she is a real rural child.

Sisters-in-law like Wang Lingling are everywhere in Weizhuang Commune.

It's so hard to make money, so I just have to save.

Especially for women like Zhu Meizhen, the family only has so little money and has to figure out how to feed and drink the whole family.

Usually he is harsh on himself when it comes to saving money, but he is relatively generous to men and children.

If Zhu Meizhen is allowed to drink milk tea, she will probably scold Xu Wen for being a prodigal. It would be nice to take it to Sixth Street to exchange money.

How can people who have just solved the problem of food and clothing have the intention to live such a "luxurious" life.

Xu Wen asked Wang Lingling and the others again: "Sisters-in-law, why did you come to see me?"

Wang Lingling slapped her forehead, "Look at me! I'm just drinking this milk tea and I haven't talked to you about anything serious yet. Sister-in-law, we heard that you and Sister-in-law Song are going to build a school, right?"

Xu Wen nodded, "I have this idea. But there are some troubles at the moment. The soldiers on the island are very busy and can't spare the time to help us build the school building. Therefore, I'm afraid it won't be completed for a while."

She glanced at Wang Lingling and the other sisters-in-law in confusion, "What? Do the sisters-in-law have students of school age at home? If so, I have to ask you to wait patiently.

The school will definitely be built, and we are working hard to coordinate this matter. If you are in a hurry, you can take your children to the island first. "

Wang Lingling looked at each other with the other sisters-in-law, and it was she who spoke. She waved her hands and blushed slightly: "We are not here to urge you to build a school. We are here today just to discuss it with you. Look, we are helping to build the school building." no?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.7K 380 29
A powerful, ruthless, cold and ferocious mafia king Caesar Mikhailov, who is respected and feared by all - except him. Igor Smirnov is a loyal, fear...
3.1M 202K 90
What will happen when an innocent girl gets trapped in the clutches of a devil mafia? This is the story of Rishabh and Anokhi. Anokhi's life is as...
22.1K 222 8
Head Zhou brought back a soft and stunning beauty, everyone on the island didn't like it, after all, life here is too hard, and to marry a daughter-i...
31.8K 375 9
In the 1970s, the couple was reborn in their daily life, farming, being a soldier, treating diseases and raising children. Zhuo Yuhang changed his fa...