✔️ 70's Stepmother's daily li...

By CNovel_Reader

70's Stepmother's daily life of raising a baby (七零后妈咸鱼带娃日常) Author: Survival through writing https://quanben... More

Chapter 1-10
Chapter 11-20
Chapter 21-30
Chapter 31-40
Chapter 41-50
Chapter 61-70
Chapter 71-80
Chapter 81-90
Chapter 91-100
Chapter 101-110
Chapter 111-120
Chapter 121-130
Chapter 131-140
Chapter 141-150
Chapter 151-160
Chapter 161-170
Chapter 171-180
Chapter 181-190
Chapter 191-201 (end)

Chapter 51-60

2.1K 27 5
By CNovel_Reader

Chapter 51

Instantly separate.

Just a kiss from a dragonfly.

Xu Wen made it clear that he was planning an expedition.

Lu Yuanzheng was still stunned and licked his lower lips unconsciously.

There seems to be a warm touch left on it.

The heartbeat is a little out of control.

At the same time, there were some unexplainable emotions that he couldn't explain.

Xu Wen blinked and raised the corner of his mouth, "Kiss if you want. There is no need for the couple to be secretive."

After Lu Yuanzheng realized what he was doing, Xu Wen teased him and raised his eyebrows, "What did you say?"

He lowered his upper body, supporting the back of the sofa with one hand and the coffee table with the other, and leaned closer to Xu Wen's lips.

This girl really needs a lesson.

Besides, if a woman takes the initiative in this matter, is he still a man? !

Xu Wen chuckled and put his index finger against Lu Yuanzheng's lips to prevent him from getting closer. He shook his head and refused: "Go to bed and wait for me. I haven't showered yet!"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

His pupils suddenly dilated, his face full of astonishment, and his mouth opened slightly, as if he couldn't believe what he heard.

The blush spread from the neck all the way down, even the neck and collarbone outside the breasts were pale red.

Xu Wen took advantage of Lu Yuanzheng's daze to get out from under his arm, ran into the bathroom with a smile, and came to the door with his hand in hand.

She was also ashamed, but she felt less ashamed when she saw that Lu Yuanzheng was even more ashamed.

Although I expected Lu Yuanzheng to be relatively conservative, I didn't expect him to be so conservative.

Xu Wen came out of the shower quickly. Lu Yuanzheng sat in front of the bed, touching his lips not knowing what he was thinking.

Xu Wen wiped his hair with a towel, clicked his tongue, and teased him: "Do you still think about it?"

When Lu Yuanzheng heard the noise, he turned around and glanced at her, warning: "You are a girl, don't dare to say anything! Be careful if I do something wrong to you!"

Xu Wen glanced at his plastered leg and said, "I don't know in the future, but you might not be able to do it now."

After saying that, he smiled provocatively.

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

He hissed and gritted his teeth: "I'll remove the plaster tomorrow."

Xu Wen was afraid that he would really offend Lu Yuanzheng and be the one who would suffer, so he threw the towel aside, sat cross-legged on the sofa, and asked Lu Yuanzheng: "How long can you stay here?"

Lu Yuanzheng couldn't keep up with the speed of her topic jumps, so he thought for a moment before speaking: "Theoretically, we can stay for up to three months. But, if there is something urgent, we have to leave... like the day we got married."

Xu Wen automatically ignored the following words and nodded: "That's almost enough."

"You'll get a headache if you don't dry your hair when you sleep." Lu Yuanzheng took the towel she threw aside. His eyes signaled Xu Wen to turn around and asked her, "What's enough? What do you want to do?"

Xu Wen sat down with his back to the road and said, "I want to graduate early and go to the island with you."

Lu Yuanzheng stopped talking.

Xu Wen waited for a while but didn't hear any movement, so he turned his head to see Lu Yuanzheng.

Lu Yuanzheng pressed her shoulder to stop her: "Don't move!"

However, it was already too late, and a few hairs were still pulled, causing Xu Wen to hiss in pain.

"Xu asked."

"ah?"

"Ever since I opened my eyes and saw you, I have been thinking about a question."

"What?"

"You are such a good girl, what can I give you?"

Lu Yuanzheng has always believed in bleeding without shedding tears, and has always been accustomed to being alone.

No matter how strong a person is, he is always a little more fragile than usual when he is sick or injured.

The same goes for the road expedition.

Every time I was pushed out of the operating room and smelled the pungent disinfectant from the hospital, I would inevitably feel a little melancholy.

This time too.

Before Xu Wen came, he had already gained consciousness but could not open his eyes or control his body.

This in itself is a very painful torture.

They've practiced silence for long periods of time without breaking down, but they definitely don't like the feeling.

From time to time, people would come to see him and take care of him.

It was nothing more than changing his dressing, cleaning his wounds, and not sleeping with the thought of chatting with an unconscious person to relieve his boredom.

Not to mention comatose, even when awake, they are all men, and they have nothing to say.

Only Xu Wen sat beside him and talked to him so much.

Unable to move, Lu Yuanzheng suddenly felt that time was not so difficult. Her clear voice chirped in his ears, which was very lively.

He excitedly wanted to open his eyes and take a look.

It was very uncomfortable and painful to not be able to control one's body. He tried hard again and again, and finally opened his eyes and saw the girl sitting in front of his hospital bed.

At that moment, he wanted to hug her and kiss her.

Unfortunately, there was nothing he could do and there was no time to do it.

She found him awake and ran to call the doctor.

From that moment on, Lu Yuanzheng was thinking, what can he ask Xu?

He used to give her what she wanted, but now she doesn't need anything from him.

This realization once made the expedition quite frustrating.

Especially on New Year's Eve, when he saw Xu Wen bursting into tears because of what Mrs. Li said, he was a little afraid that one day the crying person would become Xu Wen.

So he backed off.

It also made Xu Wenda unhappy during the New Year.

He was upset and happy at the same time, it was a very complicated feeling.

Xu Wen said that he was with him after careful consideration, and he was secretly happy but also frightened.

For the first time in my life, I had selfish thoughts and wanted to keep her by my side and be with her.

So he took the opportunity to apply to go to school with her, even if he could only stay together for two months.

Who would have known that this girl, despite her rationality, was also impulsive, making noises about graduating on the first day of school.

Lu Yuanzheng was not stupid. Xu Wen must have had reasons for doing this because of him and Dongsheng.

Xu asked, and asked strangely: "You don't have to give me anything? Why do you have to exchange? Was it like this before marriage and still like this after marriage?! Do couples have to exchange things of equal value to live their lives?"

"That's not what I meant." Lu Yuanzheng frowned, raised his left hand and pulled his hair, not knowing how to explain.

He sighed and said, "Xu Wen, the island is very difficult. Transportation is inconvenient, supplies are in short supply, poverty and backwardness are two extremes from university life."

The university is full of young students. Even if some are slightly older, it does not hinder them because they have a common language for learning.

This is a prosperous capital city. The daily necessities, food, housing and transportation are completely different from those on the island.

Xu Wen understood this time, and was shocked again after he went on an expedition to visit the school.

Xu Wen thought for a while and decided to be honest with him.

"Road Expedition."

Lu Yuanzheng straightened his back suddenly, and Xu Wen saw that he was about to open his mouth to answer, but he probably reacted and swallowed the word "arrive" with a hum.

"Shouldn't your focus be on how, as a new student, I have the confidence to graduate early?"

Lu Yuanzheng raised his eyebrows.

Frankly speaking, although he didn't understand the university's system, it sounded like Xu Wen's request was not very reliable and probably wouldn't be fulfilled.

So he just felt guilty for letting Xu Wen have this idea, and he didn't expect her to succeed.

However, she was sure of what Xu Wen meant?

Xu Wen took the towel from Lu Yuanzheng and wiped his hair.

She turned around and sat cross-legged on the sofa, face to face with Lu Yuanzheng, and said, "Lu Yuanzheng, shall I tell you a ghost story?"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

what story?

She tells ghost stories to a man who licks blood from his knife every day?

Are you still talking about graduating from college? Why is it a ghost story again?

Xu Wen didn't care what he thought, he just said to himself: "Do you believe me when I tell you that I am a ghost?"

Lu Yuanzheng shook his head and chuckled: "Why don't you say you are a white snake? It might be more romantic."

Xu asked: "..."

"You are the one who turns a snake into a spirit! I am a human, not a monster." She rolled her eyes, "Actually, I hesitated to tell you before we got married. After all, if two people get along day and night, you will find out sooner or later if you are so good at it."

She didn't want to live with her tail between her legs all the time, and live on tenterhooks every day, even guarding the person next to her. Just like in the Xu family, she couldn't even sleep well, for fear that she would say something wrong in her dream and something like Wen Yiming would happen again.

Xu Wen believed in Yi Lu Yuanzheng's character, and he would not betray her even if he could not accept the truth.

The worst result is that the two people part ways.

Lu Yuanzheng stopped laughing when he saw Xu Wen was so serious.

Xu Wen frowned and didn't know how to explain for a while. He thought about the wording: "I am Xu Wen and I am not Xu Wen, or let me put it in a way that is more acceptable to you. When I was reincarnated, I forgot to drink Meng Po soup, so I had a previous life." memory."

She kept observing Lu Yuanzheng's expression as she spoke.

Lu Yuanzheng had no expression. At least he didn't look scared, just a little thoughtful.

"But my previous life was not a historical figure of sixty, five, four, or more years ago. My previous life was after the twenty-first century, which means that I count forty or fifty years from now."

This time Lu Yuanzheng had an expression on his face, obviously shocked and disbelieving.

"In my last life, I died young. I lived for a total of twenty-four years. More than 90% of my life was spent in school. Three years in kindergarten, six years in elementary school, three years in junior high school, three years in high school, and four years in college. , two years for a master's degree, a total of twenty-one years. Those three years that I didn't go to school, I was still too young to remember." Xu Wen counted on his fingers, "I finally reincarnated as a human being and started to go to school again. I just finished high school for two years, and now Four years of college are about to begin..."

Lu Yuanzheng clicked his tongue, "It sounds like you're in a miserable state!"

Going to school is a good thing, but living your whole life only going to school doesn't sound so good.

Xu Wen was so angry that he threw the towel in his hand towards Lu Yuanzheng, "I'm telling ghost stories! Can you respect me a little? Is it important how good I am? Besides, what's wrong with me? I've always been a good student! "

Lu Yuanzheng caught the towel, folded it and put it on the radiator, and smiled back at her: "Okay."

Even if Xu Wen is the female ghost in the story, it's really not scary, not to mention that she can only be regarded as an educated ghost, and she is a ghost who was reincarnated into an adult.

Xu Wen rolled his eyes and continued: "I have died once myself. I signed the contract when Dongsheng was in danger. I also saw your dying appearance and heard Aunt Li's cry. In fact, ever since Dongsheng almost died in front of me, I have I started thinking, why do I still have to live a step-by-step life? Why do I still have to repeat the life I had in my previous life?

So I don't want to go to school. Life is short, and we may never be separated from each other forever. I can't study all my life, right? ! Before, I took the college entrance examination because I had no better choice but college, but now I have.

I want to live with the people I care about and be as comfortable as possible. Keeping my family together and safe is more important to me than studying. "

By some strange coincidence, Lu Yuanzheng raised his hand and rubbed the top of Xu Wen's head, "You will live a long life in this life."

Xu Wen was slightly startled: "Aren't you afraid?"

"Afraid you'll kill me with all your knowledge?"

Xu asked: "..."

He pinched his waist and retorted: "Knowledge changes destiny!"

"Then have you changed?" Lu Yuanzheng laughed.

Xu asked: "..."

For a moment, I didn't even know what to say.

Xu Wen was a little surprised when Lu Yuanzheng accepted her words so calmly.

She expected that Lu Yuanzheng would be more accepting of her affairs than ordinary people, but she didn't expect it to be this high.

"Don't you have anything to ask me?"

Lu Yuanzheng thought about it seriously and said, "Although you are very powerful, it may not be feasible to graduate early."

Xu asked: "..."

Did I ask you to ask this? You are not asking me to make a conclusion.

Seeing Xu Wen puffing out his cheeks like a little puffer fish in anger, Lu Yuanzheng rubbed the top of her head again and asked her a serious question: "Will there still be a war in a few decades?"

Xu Wen nodded and shook his head: "The world is generally at peace, but it is inevitable that some countries will still have wars. However, our country is very good, and the country is peaceful and the people are safe. All aspects are getting stronger and stronger!"

Lu Yuanzheng was satisfied: "That's good."

Xu Wen looked at Lu Yuanzheng and smiled as he looked at it.

Lu Yuanzheng looked at the clock on the wall and said to her, "It's too late. You have to go to bed. You still have to go to school tomorrow."

Xu Wen agreed, put on his shoes, helped Lu Yuanzheng back to the bedroom.

Before going to bed, Xu Wen was still worried: "Are you really not afraid of me?"

"Over the years of being a soldier, I have seen a lot of strange things and encountered everything. Although your story is a bit scary, it is the least scary ghost story I have ever heard."

Xu asked: "..."

"Ask."

"Um?"

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I want to be with you forever, and I don't want to carry such a big secret in front of you."

Xu Wen's plan to graduate from college early seems to be unfinished.

The teachers and students in Beijing only regarded it as a joke.

Only the person involved, Xu Wen, went to the library every day to look up information.

She has to write a paper.

The principal said that as long as she completed an excellent paper within two months, Xu Wen's request would be considered.

Xu Wen was busy writing papers during the day and would go back to the nursing home after class in the afternoon.

The sanatorium is naturally managed by the military and is also under military management. It is also equipped with a canteen, and meals are delivered to the room three times a day.

But after all, it is a big pot of rice, and sometimes the food will inevitably not suit their taste.

There is a small kitchen in the courtyard, and Xu Wen and Lu Yuanzheng sometimes cook their own meals.

Most of the time it is done by road expedition.

Every night when Xu Wen came back from get out of class, she would be greeted with steaming rice porridge and her favorite dishes as soon as she entered the door.

What surprised Xu Wen was that Lu Yuanzheng was very good at cooking.

Every weekend, if the sun is good, a family of three would take a stroll in the courtyard.

A place suitable for recuperation, the scenery is naturally not bad.

Enough walking around the compound, there are so many attractions to visit in the surrounding area.

One day Xu Wen accompanied Lu Yuanzheng to watch the national flag raising in front of the village.

Of course, Lu Yuanzheng is not suitable for traveling far away, and we rarely go out.

On the other hand, Xu Wen often ran around with Dongsheng.

Xu Wen took Dongsheng to climb the Great Wall and visit the Forbidden City to tell him about the Old Summer Palace.

When Dongsheng returned to the nursing home, he started chattering and showed off to Lu Yuanzheng.

What can Lu Yuanzheng say besides envy.

I can only curse quackery ten thousand times in my heart.

Xu Wen also took Dongsheng to eat fried noodles and roast duck, and of course he didn't forget to bring a portion for Lu Yuanzheng.

When I have time, I will also teach Dongsheng how to read and write.

They often change places. Winter students can't always change kindergartens, so Xu Wen simply teaches them himself.

Time passes day by day.

The willow tree quietly sprouted new buds, and the ice melted silently.

Lu Yuanzheng's injuries were getting better day by day, and he had a lot of scary scars on his body.

Fortunately, he has both arms and legs, and he is a healthy person.

Except that his leg is still in a cast, he is no different from a normal person.

Xu Wen's paper was finally finished and handed in.

A few days later, the principal talked to Xu Wen.

"Why do you still need to go to college if you are so capable?"

Xu asked, "Principal, what do you think these things I know will bring to me before the college entrance examination resumes?"

headmaster:"......"

There are probably only downsides.

He nodded: "You are indeed a rare genius. The professors all think highly of your thesis. They can't teach you anything. You really have the strength and qualifications to graduate early."

Xu Wen didn't say anything. She knew that such words would often be followed by a but.

Sure enough, the principal continued: "However, there has never been a precedent like you since the establishment of our school. Moreover, the credits are accumulated over time. No one can earn enough credits in one day, which is unfair to other students. I and other schools in the school The leaders held a meeting to discuss it, and the final decision is: you still have to graduate with your classmates in four years, get a diploma and be assigned a job."

Xu Wen was also mentally prepared, so some disappointment was not unexpected.

"But you don't have to come to class during these four years, but you have to come back and take the end-of-school exam every year. If you pass the exam, you can continue, but if you fail, you have to come back to class. When you graduate, you still need to write again like everyone else. Paper. Is it acceptable?"

This is already an unexpected surprise.

Xu Wen nodded: "Of course. Thank you, principal!"

The principal shook his head: "No need to thank me! You earned this for yourself based on your ability."

Xu Wen definitely couldn't hide the fact that she didn't have to go to class, and it quickly spread throughout the school, and she was once again at the forefront of the storm.

There were many people who questioned Xu Wen, but Xu Wen had already left school and the students had nothing to do with her, so they went to the school to ask for an explanation as to why Xu Wen could enjoy special privileges.

If a freshman has just entered school and doesn't come to school, can he still graduate with them?

what is this?

unfair!

When the principal saw that the students' questioning voices were getting louder and louder, he didn't say anything. He just posted the test paper that Xu Wen answered on the first day of school on the notice board at the school gate.

Xu Wen made more than twenty papers that day, which were posted all over the notice board.

These papers are from the last final exams from freshman to senior year in the Department of Foreign Languages.

Each grade has five or six courses, and of course each age has different content.

However, all these papers are either full marks or close to full marks.

The black text on the white paper and the red points are clearly visible.

As for Xu Wen's paper, many students couldn't understand it at all, but it didn't prevent them from seeing clearly the comments given by the professors later.

At the same time, the principal also said that it was not impossible to have such a privilege as Xu Wen, and he would approve it even if he showed Xu Wen's strength.

From then on, no one could compare with Xu Wen.

The news about Xu Wen spread from school to society.

After hearing about it, many units extended an olive branch to Xu Wen and expressed their willingness to hire her in advance.

But Xu Wendu refused because the school did not agree, and he was busy packing his luggage to go to the island.

Lu Yuanzheng looked at Xu Wen who was busy packing his things and asked her: "Are you really going to give up so many good job opportunities and come back to the island with me?"

Xu Wen nodded without hesitation.

Lu Yuanzheng stopped talking.

Xu Wen finished packing his clothes and folded them in the box. When he turned around and looked at Lu Yuanzheng's expression, he knew what he was thinking.

"You don't have to feel like it's dragging me down. I just don't want to go to work, at least for the time being. Just think that I'm going to the island with you for a vacation! Didn't I buy myself four years? Or do you mean you don't want to support me?"

Lu Yuanzheng: "...

"Raise. I am extremely happy."

Before leaving, Lu Yuanzheng first went to the doctor to remove the cast from his leg.

It hurts the muscles and bones for a hundred days.

It has only been two months since he came to the nursing home, but it has been three months since he injured his leg, and the cast can be removed.

After removing the plaster road, I threw away the crutches, stretched my muscles, jumped on the spot twice, and sighed: "It turns out it feels so good to be able to walk and jump."

Xu Wen frowned and warned him: "Just because the plaster is removed, it doesn't mean the bones are healed. Just take it easy."

Lu Yuanzheng hummed and asked her, "Are you seasick?"

Xu Wen shook his head, "I don't know."

Never been on a boat.

When Lu Yuanzheng heard this, he asked the doctor to prescribe some seasickness medicine.

He put the seasickness medicine in his pocket, carried his luggage in one hand, and held Xu Wen in the other.

Xu Wen held Dongsheng's other hand.

"Let's go to the island."

Chapter 52

We had enough time to return to the island and we were not in a hurry, so the family of three took the train back slowly and leisurely.

You can buy sleeper tickets at the Lu Yuanzheng level, and taking the train is not that hard.

There was some excitement along the way.

Xu Wen has learned a lot of culture in his two lifetimes. He has a very outstanding temperament and a sharp appearance. He also sleeps in a sleeper. Naturally, he has attracted the attention of many "interested people".

There are traffickers and thieves.

When Lu Yuanzheng twisted the third wave of people and sent them to the police, his face was extremely dark. He asked Xu Wen fearfully: "How did you run from the Great North to the Great South safely?"

"I didn't think much of it at that time. I just accepted the news of your sacrifice, and I heard that you were not dead but just seriously injured and in a coma, so I thought I had to come and see you anyway."

Lu Yuanzheng held her hand and sighed with a little fear: "Fortunately, nothing happened to you!"

Xu Wen hummed. She was not one of those girls from the commune who had never traveled far, so she was still wary of others.

He is never alone, only follows the crowd, and would rather sleep at the station with Dongsheng in his arms than go to a small guest house.

If you can take the bus, take the bus. If there is no bus, I would rather spend more to take a regular bus.

It was also winter at that time, so she was not only dressed thickly but also in a rough way.

She can't change her appearance, but she can put on makeup. When used properly, it's equivalent to a small plastic surgery. She can look good or not.

When Dongsheng heard Lu Yuanzheng's words, he raised his head proudly, "Nothing will happen to me, Mama! She is amazing! She can discharge electricity! The electricity ran away three bad guys!"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

Xu asked: "..."

"So you also met bad people when you came to see me?"

Seeing Lu Yuanzheng's expression of wishing he could travel back in time and beat someone up, Xu Wen shook his head: "The bad weather happened when we were changing trains. The train was delayed and we had to wait for too long. I was afraid that Dongsheng would be hungry when I took him out to buy something. A few hooligans."

In fact, Xu Wen's biggest headache at that time was not the hooligans, but the traffic restrictions in the waiting hall.

When the number of people in the waiting room reached a certain number, the administrator closed the door and refused to let them in.

It's easy to come out, but it's not easy to go back.

It was so cold, Xu Wen could still bear it because he was afraid of catching a cold due to the winter cold.

Dongsheng was still young and had a sweet mouth, and his uncle coaxed the administrator to let them in.

That was the first time Xu Wen felt that it was so difficult to take a child out.

Lu Yuanzheng's cheekbones moved.

Xu Wen felt that he was gritting his teeth and said hurriedly: "I can handle it. After all, I am also a genuine top student. I made a homemade electric shock stick. Although it is not very powerful, it is more than enough to scare a few gangsters."

Lu Yuanzheng was silent for a while, then suddenly said: "It's a good idea for you to take a break from school!"

Xu asked: "..."

After getting off the train at the train station, the family of three went to the city for a large purchase.

Xu Wen mainly picked some food suitable for winter raw food, as well as various necessary supplies for daily life.

Lu Yuanzheng picked some food that would not take up space and fill his stomach.

After shopping around, I almost spent all my money and tickets. I replaced two woven bags full of stuff.

If you use a road expedition, the money and bills will be just a piece of paper when you get to the island, which has no practical significance.

After shopping, they got in the car and drove to the port, waiting for the transport ship delivering supplies to the island to take them by.

This boat lasts a whole day.

Lu Yuanzheng must be fine, even Dongsheng is not seasick.

Only Xu asked.

Xu Wen was fine at first, but suddenly there was a strong wind at sea, and it was a headwind, so that the boat swayed with difficulty and moved forward with the waves, and Xu Wen was knocked unconscious.

Lu Yuanzheng helped her into the cabin and fed her seasickness medicine.

Xu Wen lay on the narrow bed with a white face.

"We're almost there! Just be patient." Lu Yuanzheng comforted Xu Wen.

Lu Yuanzheng said it would be almost five or six hours.

They floated on the sea for a day before they finally reached the shore.

Dongsheng was bored in bed for a day, and when he saw Kishi, he shouted excitedly: "Mom! Look, we are almost to the island!"

Only then did Xu Wen follow him out and take a look. It looked like an isolated island in the vast sea.

Xu Wen blinked and asked for directions to Yuanzheng, "What kind of island is this?"

Lu Yuanzheng shook his head, "The island closest to the high seas in the archipelago. And it has almost no connection with other islands in the archipelago. It is more like an isolated island. It is said that there were residents on the island a long time ago, but due to its geographical location, Neighboring countries are watching with eager eyes, and wars of varying scales often occur. The islanders have no choice but to flee. I heard that some people call them Pear Island."

Xu Wen searched in his memory and had no impression of this island.

After logging in, Xu Wen was a little dumbfounded.

In her imagination, although the island would not be like a beach vacation with beach chairs and umbrellas, it should at least be able to accommodate people.

This island looks a bit like the island in the movie. Make a movie about desert island survival.

Xu Wen blinked and asked for directions to Yuanzheng, "Did you know this island was like this before you came here?"

Lu Yuanzheng hummed.

Xu Wen asked again: "Then is it still too late for me to take Dongsheng back to school?"

Lu Yuanzheng snorted and said coldly: "It's too late."

It wasn't that he really couldn't leave, but Xu Wen was obviously joking.

Lu Yuanzheng helped the soldiers who came to pick up the supplies unload the supplies from the ship, and then followed the truck that came to pick up the supplies to the camp.

The temporary camp is not far from the shore and is stationed in a tropical rain forest.

The large force has just arrived on the island for a day or two, and a lot of work has not yet started.

At first glance, the camp site is a temporary tent that has been cleared of trees.

Army green canvas tents are lined up neatly.

As soon as they arrived at Road Expedition, the people from the camp came to greet them.

The clerk from Lu Yuanzheng ran over to help them carry their luggage to the tent.

The clerk called Xu Wen his sister-in-law and asked Lu Yuanzheng: "Lu Ying, we are new here and have not built a house yet, let alone a family room. How do you think my sister-in-law will arrange it?"

"Where should I live? In a collective tent?" Lu Yuanzheng asked.

The clerk shook his head, "You have a separate tent, but it's a bit small. It might be a bit crowded for a family of three."

Lu Yuanzheng looked back at Xu Wen.

Xu Wen nodded.

"It's okay, they live with me." Lu Yuanzheng agreed.

Lu Yuanzheng's tent looks quite big, but like his original room in the company, it is also a combination of living and working.

In addition to the writing desk and camp bed, there is also a small conference table.

It's okay for him to live alone, but it's really crowded for a family of three.

The clerk explained: "I didn't expect my sister-in-law to come back with me. I will arrange for someone to move the conference table and add another bed later."

Lu Yuanzheng hummed.

"The instructor said there will be a meeting at five o'clock later."

Lu Yuanzheng raised his wrist and looked at his watch. There was still an hour left, and nodded to express his understanding.

After the clerk left, Lu Yuanzheng pulled up a chair and sat down.

The sea breeze was humid and his legs felt uncomfortable.

Dongsheng felt bored after walking around in the tent, so he turned around and ran out to play.

Xu Wen was circling in the tent and gesticulating.

"What are you gesticulating for?"

Xu Wen turned back and glanced at Lu Yuanzheng, "Since we are going to live here for a long time, we must make things comfortable."

"It's just a tent. No matter how much you pack it up, you won't feel comfortable. Why bother? You just got off the boat. Why don't you take a rest?"

As soon as he finished speaking, a loud voice sounded outside the tent.

"Lu Lian, no, Lu Ying! You are back!"

Arrive before anyone arrives.

Xu Wen and Lu Yuanzheng looked at the tent door at the same time.

A tall and thick soldier rushed into the tent and rolled up his sleeves in front of Lu Yuanzheng.

Xu Wen swallowed his saliva and felt a little nervous. It looked like he was going to fight Lu Yuanzheng in this posture. Can Lu Yuanzheng survive the fight after recovering from his serious injury?

Where is her pepper spray?

Lu Yuanzheng didn't even move, and asked the big guy: "What are you doing? Who are you trying to fight with?"

The big man's eyebrows stood up and he had a fierce look on his face. He spoke in a loud voice, but he said it as if he was complaining to a child: "You don't even know that they bullied us while you were in recuperation!"

"who?"

"Just those sons of bitches from the agency. Especially Dong Chao, who was obviously transferred to the agency by us, but they didn't know how to pick a better island for us when the islands were divided. Look at this lousy place that was allocated to us. Although they are all islands, the islands they divide are completely different from the ones we divide. They have houses to live in, food to eat, and people on the islands.

Look at us here! It's so deserted that you even have to set up your own camp. If you want food, you have to open up wasteland yourself. It's okay to be hungry, but drinking water is the problem. There is only a small freshwater lake on the island, and the military doctor took a sample and tested it and said it was not drinkable. All kinds of poisons are thrown into the fighting.

Everything in life here means transporting supplies to us on the ground, and it only needs to be sunny and sunny.

There was a storm a few days ago and the boat couldn't get through. The brothers almost died of thirst. We did not die in the hands of the enemy and were almost wiped out because of a mouthful of water. Are you angry?

I don't want to stay in this shitty place for another day. It's not that I can't endure hardships. There are dozens of islands in this archipelago, big and small. With so many brotherly units divided into islands, why should we be given the most miserable and the most miserable one?

Even if we are rewarded based on merit, our battalion must be ranked ahead of the support battalion, right? The Sun Tzu group huddled at the back when fighting, but Fendao chose the best ones. "

Xu Wen was confused.

His lung capacity is worthy of his height, and he can speak so many words in one breath without taking a breath in between.

Lu Yuanzheng poured a glass of water and raised it in front of the big man, "Drink some water first, don't die of thirst here. I have to pay for it with my life!"

Xu asked: "..."

As if Lu Yuanzheng had said something serious, the man suddenly stood up straight and lowered his head, but he could still tell that he was a little aggrieved.

"I asked Dong Chao to allocate this island to us." Lu Yuanzheng said quietly.

"Ah?" The big man stared like a cow, "No, why?"

"Because the seventeen soldiers of the first company all died while attacking this island. You were temporarily transferred to other ships. You don't know that not only the first company, but also the entire battalion and most of the soldiers died on the entire island. This island is easy to understand. It's difficult to defend, but the geographical location is extremely important. I want to defend this island and our brothers. Changing the island is impossible. If you really don't want to stay, can I find someone to move you to another place?"

Xu Wen didn't expect that there was such a reason for dividing the island.

The big man didn't expect it. He suddenly felt as if someone had pulled out the valve needle. He instantly withered. He lowered his head and apologized: "Lu Ying, I'm sorry! I was wrong! I'm fine and I won't change it. I'm leaving."

After saying that, he turned around and ran away, fearing that Lu Yuanzheng would have to change the island for him.

Lu Yuanzheng did not call him, but looked into the distance through the gap in the tent door, his eyes deep.

Xu Wen walked up behind Lu Yuanzheng and put his hands on his shoulders, "Lu Yuanzheng, I will accompany you from now on."

Lu Yuanzheng turned around and hugged Xu Wen's waist, placing his head on her belly.

After a while, Xu Wen felt warmth on his lower abdomen.

Chapter 53

Lu Yuanzheng went to a meeting, and Xu Wen had nothing to do and started setting up the tent.

During the shopping trip on land, she wondered how she could live in a thatched house. She bought curtains, sheets, and a few feet of cloth. She thought that if she had a sofa or coffee table, she would buy a sofa cover or coffee table cover. If not, she would buy a sofa cover. If the coffee table only has a square table, get a square tablecloth.

I didn't expect that I would live in a tent when I arrived, so there was no need for any kind of cloth.

Just now, the clerk and orderly sent two more camp beds and put them together in a corner of the tent.

As soon as I moved the small conference table, I saw that the much spacious tent was suddenly missing half of its space.

Xu Wen thought that Lu Yuanzheng would have to work here from time to time. Sometimes when it was inconvenient for her, she would hang the curtains in front of the bed to simply separate the bedroom from the living room and study room.

They also put the things that the family bought from the land one by one in simple cabinets.

Xu Wen was busy thinking about it. When the big guy came to complain just now, he said that the island lacked fresh water resources.

This is indeed a big problem.

Xu Wen knew that the most common desalination method for seawater is distillation.

It means heating the sea water until it boils, then the water and salt are separated into water vapor and then condensed to obtain fresh water. In this way, it can solve the temporary drinking water problem but not the irrigation problem.

She knew how to distill it in the laboratory, but she really didn't know how to distill it in this situation.

"Mirror, mirror." Xu asked about the stepmother summoning system, "What are the methods of desalinating seawater?"

"Sorry, this is not within the scope of stepmother's responsibilities!"

Xu Wen rolled his eyes and asked another question: "Mirror, Mirror, my child wants to know what are the methods of desalinating seawater?"

"There are many methods for seawater desalination at present, and the most commonly used methods are freezing, reverse osmosis, and distillation."

"The freezing method is to find a way to freeze seawater, so that when the seawater freezes, the salt and water can be separated."

"The reverse osmosis method, also known as super filtration, is a semi-permeable membrane filtration method that isolates salt and leaves only water."

"Distillation method is divided into solar method..."

Xu Wen took a pen and paper and carefully wrote down all the methods, biting the penholder and comparing them one by one to see which one was most suitable.

Lu Yuanzheng saw this scene when he came back with the map.

Xu Wen sat in front of the writing table, writing and drawing on paper under the kerosene lamp. The writing table was already covered with papers, and there were discarded paper balls on the ground.

When Lu Yuanzheng walked up to it, he saw that the paper was filled with letters, numbers, English and various random symbols.

"What are you doing?"

Xu Wen was concentrating on calculations when Lu Yuanzheng suddenly made a sound, which frightened her.

She looked up and saw Lu Yuanzheng, caressed her chest, and complained softly: "Are you a cat? You didn't move even when you walked, it scared me to death."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

He clearly made the noise because she was too focused on her calculations.

But he would not be stupid enough to confront Xu Wen and admit his mistake honestly: "Be careful next time."

Xu Wen didn't really blame him. He pointed to the paper on the table and said, "I want to solve the fresh water problem."

Lu Yuanzheng's eyes lit up: "Do you have any idea?"

The issue of fresh water is also one of the topics of their meeting tonight. Although the land comes every few days to deliver supplies, including fresh water. However, the water brought in is limited and can only sustain normal life. If there is a storm and the ship cannot get through, the family will be thirsty.

Until the end of the meeting, there were two more reliable plans. One was to arrange for people to search the island comprehensively to see if they could find other drinkable freshwater rivers or lakes. One is to send people to send poisonous water samples to land for experts to see if they can detoxify them.

Some people at the meeting suggested digging underground wells, but they were afraid that the water they would pump up would also be sea water.

If the fresh water problem is not solved, let alone farming, as Zhao Gang said, survival will be a problem.

"There are ways, but there are a lot of materials missing. It is easy for us people to use water for daily use, but it is a bit troublesome to achieve the purpose of irrigation, and there are a lot of things missing."

"Is it all you need materials, or do you need help from someone? It's not practical for us to ask people to come here. If you only need materials, make a list for me, and I will apply later. Let the transport ship deliver it next time."

"Really? All you need is the materials, no one else is needed. You may need help from other officers and soldiers."

"It's nothing we can do."

Xu Wen nodded and saw the map he placed on the corner of the table, "What is this?"

"The map of the island. They have been here for a few days and are already familiar with the terrain, so I brought the map over to study it."

"Can I see it?"

"Of course." Lu Yuanzheng untied the thread on the map scroll and laid the map on the desk.

"Didn't you say you've fought here before? How can you be unfamiliar with the terrain?"

"It's different. What I studied before was combat, but now I study survival. At that time, we only needed to consider where there would be ambushes and where it was easy to attack. Now what we need to look at is how many hills, basins, and plains are there? What's the soil like? Types, what crops are suitable for growing. Which part of the island is the most suitable and suitable to live in."

Lu Yuanzheng said with a long sigh, "I am just a rough man who fights. I can use my strength to do this. Don't talk about Zhao Gang and others. Even I am a little scared. Zhao Gang is the big guy just now."

Xu Wen said nothing and was busy studying the map of the island with his head down.

The island is indeed like an isolated island, and the nearest island is several kilometers away. The overall shape is like a pear, no wonder it is called Pear Island.

Xu Wen pointed to the question mark behind the crossed-out Li Island and asked Lu Yuanzheng: "What does this mean??"

"Everyone thinks that Li Island sounds bad and insists on changing the name. But I haven't decided what to call it yet. Do you have the culture to give it one?"

Xu Wen glanced at Lu Yuanzheng and said, "Lu Ying, I heard that you also attended a military academy. Did you buy that diploma?"

"Our military academies don't teach this either. What we teach is combat command."

"Then our university doesn't teach this either. We teach foreign languages."

"You didn't go up."

"The majors I studied in my previous life are not even available here. My double majors are finance and artificial intelligence. I can't use either of them now."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

He looked at Xu Wen sympathetically.

Poor girl! After living for 14 years and studying for 11 years, one day I will be reincarnated with what I have learned for 11 years and it will be of no use!

Xu asked: "..."

Somewhat unconvinced, he retorted: "It's not as bad as you think. At least I'm not admitted to college now?"

"You also said that the test questions now are not as difficult as when you were in junior high school."

"Lu Yuanzheng! Do you know what happens to men who beat their wives in a fight?" Xu Wen smiled coldly, "How about you try sleeping on the floor and kneeling on the washboard?"

Lu Yuanzheng stood up and admitted his mistake: "I was wrong!"

After the fight was over, Xu Wenzai carefully studied the map and gave a suggestion: "What do you think about naming your camp after your camp or calling it Peach Blossom Island?"

"Our battalion is one battalion, we can't call it one island. As for Peach Blossom Island...are you homesick?" He remembered that Xu Wen's family was called Taoyuan Production Brigade.

Xu asked: "..."

"I just called home and sent a letter when we arrived in Haicheng yesterday. I miss home."

However, it is indeed a bit inappropriate to call the island where a group of rough guys live called Peach Blossom Island.

"Peace Island? Hope Island?"

Lu Yuanzheng snapped his fingers, "I also think Heping Island is good. We'll discuss it at the meeting tomorrow."

"Where is Dongsheng?" Xu Wen then remembered that his son had not followed him back.

"We went on an adventure with other friends. Don't worry if someone follows them and they won't be lost." Lu Yuanzheng slapped his forehead, "I almost forgot about the business when I started talking about it. I came back to ask you to go to dinner. Today, the big guy said that he would help us clean up the dust. They're all waiting outside!"

"Ah! Didn't you tell me earlier? I'll change my clothes."

"Don't change it! You are already the most beautiful woman on the island!"

"That's because I'm the only woman on the island, right?"

"How can I? There are still a few sisters-in-law who followed me to the island."

When Xu asked, he found out it was indeed several sisters-in-law. In addition, it was just a slap from her.

There is an open space in the middle of the tent group, and now everyone is sitting in a circle on the ground, a bit like New Year's Eve.

It is said that it is catching the wind, but the conditions are here, and the food is still a big pot.

There were just a few fish grilled on the fire nearby, which was considered as an extra meal.

What surprised Xu Wen was that he saw Sister-in-law Li.

Sister-in-law Li was also very happy to see Xu Wen, and took the initiative to come over and greet Xu Wen: "Sister-in-law, why did you come back with me? Didn't you tell me that you went to college? Why did you come back and suffer like this?"

"I took a break from school and wanted to live on the island for a while. Why are you here too?"

"Originally, I was planning to go home with Lao Lu, but the camp asked me if I would like to come to the island to help. I thought that if I don't move around my parents' house, and I haven't been to my husband's house, I won't be in trouble even if I go back, so why not come here? . Everyone here is familiar with me, and I get paid for my work. The main thing is to feel at ease."

"It's just a little bitter here."

"How can you ask me to help if it's not hard? But it is indeed very hard. Not many sisters-in-law originally decided to come to the island. When I went to the island, most of them went back like this." Sister-in-law Li looked at Xu Wen and suggested: "I You should go back to school! It's not fun here."

Xu Wen knew that Sister-in-law Li had good intentions for her, so he didn't refuse. He just said, "I'll stay for a few days and take a look."

"Sister-in-law, what's it like in college?" Another sister-in-law asked Xu Wen, looking forward through Sister-in-law Li, with curiosity in her eyes.

Sister-in-law Li introduced Xu Wen: "This sister-in-law is called Wang Ying. You may not know her man, his name is Zhao Gang."

Xu Wen raised his eyebrows in surprise when he heard this.

Wang Ying is thin, pretty, quiet, and looks like a city girl. Zhao Gang is very thick.

Standing together, the two people wouldn't say that beauty matches the beast, but the contrast is still quite big.

Wang Ying didn't seem to want to mention Zhao Gang and asked Xu: "Sister-in-law, just call me Yingzi. Sister-in-law, is it difficult to get into college?"

"I heard that out of five million candidates this year, only 170,000 were admitted."

"It's so difficult!" Wang Ying looked envious: "Sister-in-law, you are so awesome! If only I could get into college."

"If you want to take the college entrance examination, I still have review materials. I'll look for them later and give them to you."

"Really? Thank you, sister-in-law."

"It's okay, you're welcome." Xu Wen looked at Sister-in-law Li in confusion. After she asked to borrow some materials, Sister-in-law Li quietly pulled her.

Sister-in-law Li shook her head: "It's okay, I accidentally touched you."

Xu asked: "..."

She didn't think it was accidental.

Before he could ask further questions, Lu Yuanzheng beside him suddenly stood up.

"From today on, the island under our feet is the land we want to protect! From now on, in addition to taking good care of this land, our mission is also to open up wasteland and farm here. Let's all work together to turn this island into a treasure island that can be lived in!" He held up the enamel jar and said, "I'll give you a toast with water instead of wine."

Someone in the crowd booed: "Lu Ying, you're wrong! You got married quietly and haven't invited us to a wedding banquet until now. It's too much to bring your sister-in-law here and replace the wine with water!"

Lu Yuanzheng squinted at the person who spoke, "Don't you know that water is more expensive than wine now? Everyone has to take turns at night and not drink, otherwise people will not know if they are drunk and dragged into the sea. Don't worry, the wedding wine will be made up for everyone later. ! Let's get down to business now, don't make noise!"

"What are you talking about? This meal has been agreed upon for you and your sister-in-law to take care of each other!" Shi Lei also followed suit, "You and your sister-in-law are the real business of this meal!"

"The instructor is right! Besides, if it's water instead of wine, you can't just drink it by yourself. You have to invite your sister-in-law to come over and have a drink together at least?"

"..."

You and I started to make noise with each other, setting up the road expedition.

Others used the words of La Ge to boo: "Just drink if I ask you to drink. It's not nice to be coy! What does it look like?"

Everyone responded in unison: "Big girl!"

Lu Yuanzheng looked at Xu Wen.

Xu Wen's face turned red with embarrassment. When he saw Lu Yuanzheng looking over, he gritted his teeth and stood up from the ground. He walked up to Lu Yuanzheng with his enamel jar and took the initiative to reach out through his arm and put the enamel jar to his mouth.

When Lu Yuanzheng saw this, he also brought the enamel jar to his mouth.

Instantly, everyone applauded and cheered.

After Lu Yuanzheng finished drinking, he raised his hand and pointed a circle with his index finger: "Just wait for me!"

"Lu Ying, if you say so, we think it's not enough to have a glass of wine together. How about we kiss each other again?"

"Kiss me! Kiss me!"

Chapter 54

"What a beautiful thought!" Lu Yuanzheng sneered.

He held Xu Wen's hand, glanced at Xu Wen first, and then turned to face everyone and said, "You may not know yet, but your sister-in-law and I came back on the day of our wedding, and I always felt that I still owed her a wedding. So don't worry, there will be wedding wine! When we finish the island, we will hold another wedding on the island! We will have enough wine management by then!"

"Okay! I'll be your best man then!"

"You look so ugly and you still want to be the best man? I should go!"

"Come on! As for your head, no one can see you if you go, and they think we don't even have a best man in our camp!"

"..."

Lu Yuanzheng was too lazy to pay attention to their nonsense. He took Xu Wen's hand and walked back and sat down.

Xu Wen had just recovered from his seasickness and had no appetite. But no matter how common the food on the island was, it was still precious. She didn't want to waste it, so she forced herself to eat it.

Take a swallow, feel nauseated, and have to wait for a while before taking another bite.

Suddenly a big hand reached out from the side and took her bowl from Xu Wen's hand.

Xu Wen turned his head, and Lu Yuanzheng poured the vegetables in her bowl into his own, and returned the empty bowl to her, "Don't force it if you don't want to eat."

Xu Wen's face, which had just cooled down, started to feel hot again, "This is what I've eaten before."

Lu Yuanzheng looked around and saw that everyone was busy chatting and no one was paying attention to them. He whispered: "You have already eaten your saliva, are you still afraid of this?"

Xu asked: "..."

How come this person can be serious and impoverished at one moment?

When did you drink saliva?

It's just the lips touching the lower lip.

Dongsheng followed suit and handed the bowl to Lu Yuanzheng: "Dad, I can't eat any more!"

Lu Yuanzheng didn't even look at Dongsheng, but directly issued a death order: "You have to eat even if you can't eat it! Don't waste food!"

"Then why did you eat Mom's leftovers instead of mine?" Dongsheng was particularly unconvinced.

"Because your mother is a woman and you are a man. Men should take care of women."

Dongsheng looked at Xu Wen and did not refute. He just reluctantly poked the bowl with a spoon, sighed and muttered: "It's so difficult to be a man!"

Xu asked: "..."

After eating, Xu Wen and Dongsheng went back to the tent first. They had a meeting before Lu Yuanzheng.

After Xu Wen put Dongsheng to sleep, he twisted a wet towel and wiped the sweat off his body.

Water is too precious and I really can't bear to waste it, so I can only simply scrub it.

She had just gone to bed when Lu Yuanzheng came back.

Xu Wen was so frightened that he pretended to be asleep.

In the past, it was okay for Lu Yuanzheng to get used to lying on the same bed with a cast on his body, but now that the cast has been removed and he can move freely, a young couple can't sleep in their own bed if they sleep on the same bed, right?

Xu Wen couldn't tell whether he was nervous or shy, but he wanted to be an ostrich first.

Lu Yuanzheng gently opened the curtain to put out the kerosene lamp. He tilted his head and saw Xu Wen, who was "asleep", with eyelashes trembling and breathing fast and slow, revealing the owner's nervousness. He smiled and ignored the kerosene lamp, turned around and got on the bed, put his arm on Xu Wen's waist, and asked knowingly: "Are you asleep?"

Xu Wen straightened his body instantly, biting his lip and not daring to make a sound, he closed his eyes and pretended to sleep.

Lu Yuanzheng put his hand under the hem of Xu Wen's pajamas.

Xu Wen was anxious and grabbed Lu Yuanzheng's hand through his clothes to stop him: "You haven't showered yet!"

After saying that, he felt regretful and wanted to bite off the tip of his tongue.

Sure enough, I heard Lu Yuanzheng smile softly and whisper into Xu Wen's ear: "Just take a shower? Huh?"

He deliberately acted mischievously, getting very close to her, and his hot breath sprayed on her ears, making her itchy from her ears to her heart.

Especially for the word "um", he stretched out the ending sound like a soul-stirring piano string, which made Xu Wen feel electrified. A layer of fine goosebumps appeared all over his body, and he turned his head and said nothing.

It's a disguised default.

Xu Wen likes Lu Yuanzheng and does not object to having a relationship with him, but is shy and nervous.

Lu Yuanzheng originally had no such idea. Either Xu Wen was not charming enough or he wanted to leave Xu Wen some room for regret, so he had no plans to touch her in the short term.

Just because he has no plan does not mean he has no idea. Xu Wen is young and beautiful, and he is in his prime. To say he has no idea would be a lie.

Especially Xu Wen's acquiescence encouraged him to make a move.

Lu Yuanzheng jumped out of bed and went to take a shower without saying anything.

When it comes to taking a bath, it's just like Xu Wen did. He poured half a basin of water, twisted the towel and wiped it again.

When he came back, Xu Wen had already blown out the kerosene lamp and was lying on his side facing the tent cloth with his back to the aisle.

Lu Yuanzheng lay down next to Xu Wen, put his arm around her waist and pulled her back, half forcing her to turn around and lie on her side instead of lying flat.

The not-so-bright moonlight penetrated into the tent along the cracks in the corners, which was better than nothing.

Lu Yuanzheng turned over and stood up, half hanging above Xu Wen, and gave her the final announcement in a dumb voice: "I can regret other things, but not this! Do you really want to follow me?"

Xu Wen felt that it was a bit embarrassing for a man to ask such a question at this time. It was basically similar to a man asking a woman before kissing: "Can I kiss you?"

Respect is given, but how does the woman respond?

Xu Wen stretched out his arms, hugged him, straightened his neck and kissed him.

After getting the answer, Lu Yuanzheng's eyes suddenly deepened, he grabbed her arm and pulled her above her head, and said with unsteady breath: "Men should take the initiative in this kind of thing!"

After speaking, he leaned down and kissed Xu Wen's lips.

Rather than just scratching the surface, he first traced Xu Wen's lips in detail.

Little pecks.

Then he gently nibbled Xu Wen's lips. Xu Wen subconsciously exclaimed in pain, but when he opened his mouth, he took the opportunity to fuck her.

The breath of the two people gradually became unstable.

Xu Wen's pajamas were pushed below his collarbone.

Lu Yuanzheng only wore a pair of shorts after taking a shower.

The shower was in vain, and a thin layer of sweat broke out on my body.

He released his grip on her, rubbed her lower abdomen with his big palm, and reached down against the waistband of her elastic pants.

"Dad, don't bully Mom!"

Xu Wen's body suddenly collapsed to the ground and he panicked.

Lu Yuanzheng was also frightened. He almost shivered on the spot. He pulled the blanket to cover Xu Wen before turning back.

Dongsheng didn't know when he woke up and was about to get off the bed.

Lu Yuanzheng gritted his teeth and asked Dongsheng in a bad tone: "What do you want to do?"

"I want to pee! Dad, why are you pressing down on Mommy?"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

He looked down at Xu Wen, who was pretending to be dead, and lied without changing his face: "I think my mother is a little cold and I want to put a quilt on her. The quilt is nearby and I can't reach it without squeezing her."

Dongsheng accepted this answer and sighed.

"Aren't you going to pee? Are you still not going?"

Dongsheng jumped out of bed and ran outside.

Lu Yuanzheng punched the bed hard and cursed the curse words he had been holding back for a long time, "Fuck!"

Xu Wen, who had just freed himself from the blanket, chuckled.

Lu Yuanzheng yelled at her, "You're still laughing! Just wait and see how I deal with you!"

Xu Wen's smile became even brighter, "Then I'll call Dongsheng for help, saying you're bullying me."

Lu Yuanzheng reached out and grabbed Xu Wen's chest through his clothes, "I'm just bullying you."

"My son said no!"

Lu Yuanzheng snorted, "I'll find a tent and throw him out tomorrow."

If he had known this would happen, he would have thrown Dongsheng out tonight.

"Dad, who are you going to throw away?" Dongsheng, who had finished urinating, opened the tent and came in just in time to hear this sentence.

"No one!" Lu Yuanzheng said angrily, "Go to bed quickly!"

Dongsheng didn't move, twirling his fingers and asking nervously: "Dad, Mom, can I sleep with you?"

"Why?"

Dongsheng patted his heart, "It's a little uncomfortable here."

Of course Lu Yuanzheng is not willing.

Xu Wen guessed that he must have had a nightmare, but when he woke up, he probably didn't remember anything but the discomfort. He sat up and waved, "Come on!"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

He looked at Xu Wen.

Xu Wen whispered: "He just changed places. He may have recognized the bed or had a nightmare."

What else can Lu Yuanzheng say? He muttered, "I owed him in my previous life." He moved to the side reluctantly.

Dongsheng slept between the two of them, Xu Wen patted Dongsheng's back and slowly coaxed him to sleep.

When Dongsheng's breathing stabilized, Lu Yuanzheng stood up and took him back to his chest. When he came back, he reached out to touch Xu Wen.

Xu Wen grabbed his hand, "Aren't you afraid that Dongsheng will wake up again?"

"Will not."

"It's been so long and you still feel it?"

"I can feel you at any time." Lu Yuanzheng said and blocked Xu Wen's mouth.

This is not the time for chatting.

It had only been a few days since they expressed their feelings to each other, and when their love was strong, the slightest hint of flirtation would make the two of them breathless.

Lu Yuanzheng hooked Xu Wen's waistband and pulled it down. At this moment, he heard a shout from outside the tent: "Luying, someone is attacking the island!"

Xu asked: "..."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

He turned over and fumbled for his pants and put them on, gritted his teeth and shouted outside the tent: "Beat me to death!"

With that said, he grabbed his coat and Temukura and rushed out.

Xu Wen stayed for a while and then laughed.

Suddenly I felt a little sympathy for the people who came to the island today.

It didn't take long for Lu to return from the expedition.

Xu asked him: "Is it resolved so quickly?"

"Well, we're both here. It's getting late. Let's go to bed first!" Lu Yuanzheng took off his clothes and lay down against the edge of the bed.

Seeing him like this, Xu Wen couldn't stop laughing. He moved closer to him, restlessly rubbing circles on his lower abdomen, and teased him with schadenfreude: "Are you tired? Don't want to continue?"

Lu Yuanzheng let out a long sigh and held her hand, "Don't mess with me! It'll be really embarrassing if you do it again!"

Xu Wen withdrew his hand and laughed so hard that the bed shook.

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

He suddenly turned over and said, "I think it's not impossible to try again."

Xu asked: "..."

He hurriedly reached out to cover his mouth and said vaguely: "The goose is gone, Sui Yao!"

The next morning, Xu Wen went to get food and heard everyone talking about this matter.

"Does our road camp regard the two boys who came to explore the road as enemies?"

"The people we are fighting with are not from this country. They must have known that there was no evidence and finally let them go and beat them up to vent their anger, right?"

"That's beating me to death!"

"..."

Xu asked: "..."

In my heart, you Lulian are actually dissatisfied with your desires.

When Lu Yuanzheng came back from his morning meeting, Xu asked him: "Should the people arrested last night be released?"

"Um."

"Why?"

"Because there is no evidence. There is nothing on them that can show their true identity. They are all yellow people. There is no difference in appearance. They also speak our language. They insist that they are lost fishermen. They do have fishermen's IDs."

"They don't have weapons on them either?"

"It is said that gunshots were heard. He was probably found and thrown into the sea. The boat they drove was an ordinary small fishing boat."

"There's no way to cure them?" Xu Wen frowned.

Lu Yuanzheng shook his head, "There is no good solution for the time being. In fact, we all know this well. This archipelago is so desolate that it is not suitable for living at all for the time being. But in terms of national territory, territorial waters and military, it is particularly important. Several surrounding areas The country will send people over from time to time. These people are usually death squads. They don't bring anything with them. If they do bring anything with them, it will most likely be fake, but the certificates are genuine. If you really want to verify the certificates they produce, you must check them. This person will have no choice but to be released in the end."

"It takes a thousand days to be a thief, but a thousand days to guard against thieves. Although this island is not big, but guarding it so nervously every day, and having to work during the day, even my iron-clad body cannot bear it."

"Well, we have to find a way to solve this problem." Lu Yuanzheng covered the back of his neck with one hand and tilted his head left and right, making two clicking sounds.

Xu Wen's teeth hurt when he heard this, "Don't you feel any pain?"

"It doesn't hurt. It will feel better if you move more." Lu Yuanzheng said, cracking the joints of his fingers again.

Ten fingers snapped twenty times.

Xu Wen couldn't help but warn him: "Experts say that your behavior will make you suffer when you get old!"

"Is that so?" Lu Yuanzheng nodded, "Then I won't do it when I get old!"

Xu asked: "..."

She stared at the expedition.

Lu Yuanzheng raised his hands in surrender: "I will work hard to change!"

He washed his hands and sat at the table, picked up the steamed buns, and asked Xu when he remembered something: "Will you go to the island for a while?"

Chapter 55

Of course Xu Wen is willing.

After dinner, Xu Wen followed Lu Yuanzheng and several other people to measure and survey the island on foot.

The island is really not that big, not as big as their Wei Zhuang Commune.

Although the place is small, it is quite rich in resources and has everything except people and comfort.

The palm-sized area covers several types of terrain, including mountains, basins, hills, and plains.

There are dense tropical rain forests everywhere. There is also lots of wildlife.

In the hinterland in the center of the island, you can see traces of previous life, and there is also a lake with clear water, but unfortunately it is poisonous.

What surprised Xu Wen was that there was a large soft beach on the back of the island.

Pure natural soft beach with particularly fine sand.

The sea water here is also very clear.

Xu Wen fell in love with this place.

I thought that I would get a parasol and a deck chair here after a while and settle down, so I could lie here and enjoy the sea breeze and look at the sea view. I could also read a book when I was free.

Dongsheng was also very happy. He took off his shoes and ran around on the beach barefoot.

Lu Yuanzheng saw Xu Wen looking at Dongsheng bewildered, and suggested to his comrades on the left and right: "We've been walking for a long time, let's take a rest!"

Then he asked Xu: "Why don't you go watch Dongsheng and don't let him fall into the sea?"

Xu Wen sighed, walked to the beach, took off his shoes and played with Dongsheng in the shallow water on the shore.

When Xu Wen walked away, Shi Lei said coolly: "Road Camp! Have you looked at your watch? Do you know how many hours a half day is?"

Where is this? Rest after walking such a short distance?

Lu Yuanzheng's expression remained unchanged, "I am recovering from a serious injury and get tired easily. You have to be considerate of the patient!"

"Should you be considerate of the sick or play with your sister-in-law? Even Dongsheng gave you an excuse to coax your sister-in-law. Just throw Dongsheng into the sea and as long as there are no sharks, he can come back alive! My sister-in-law only believes you."

Lu Yuanzheng sat down on the ground, looking at the mother and son playing on the beach, the corners of his lips raised, "As long as she believes it."

Seeing that Xu Wen wanted to play but was embarrassed, he gave her an excuse.

Even though Shi Lei was teasing him, he didn't really mind. Anyway, he had already visited more than half of the island, so he didn't want to delay going back for lunch.

He also sat down and asked about the expedition: "Where do you think the camp is suitable?" He pointed to the highest point on the island and pointed to two places with signs of habitation.

Lu Yuanzheng frowned.

The highest point has a good view and overlooks most of the island. It is easy to defend but difficult to attack. It is a good place to build a command post.

The other two places, one is next to a lake, the soil is fertile, and it is backed by a tropical rain forest. It is convenient for farming during normal times. In case of war, it can be retreated into the rain forest for hiding. One is near where they rested, and it was also where the fishermen lived before the attack on the island. It's close to the sea, so it's easy to fish, and you can take a boat if you need anything.

Of course, escaping was not an option for Lu Yuanzheng and the others. It could be easier to set up traps and chase the enemy.

Generally speaking, it's OK.

Lu Yuanzheng pondered for a while and asked for everyone's opinions: "Build two places? The best place is to build the camp and command post. Build the family building on the plain. Leave this place alone first, and wait until the security on the island can be guaranteed."

Yilian Song shook his head: "The materials we have prepared now are not enough to build two places. Judging from the speed of our ship delivering supplies, it will take next year to build two places. Besides, is it appropriate to separate the camp and the family room into two places?"

Shi Lei supported Lu Yuanzheng: "I think it's appropriate. We can build the camp first, and then build the family area after the camp is completed."

Several other company commanders were hesitant and felt that both opinions were reasonable.

Lu Yuanzheng insisted on building the family area first.

"First of all, we are all used to living in the wild, but our families are not used to it. There are thousands of soldiers in the battalion, and many of them are married. There are two or three in total, and two-thirds of the sisters-in-law are gone. We can't settle down anymore. If there are only a few left, then our island might as well be renamed Monk Island.

Besides, although we are the only ones on this island now, it will gradually become inhabited. People like Mrs. Li were the first people to settle on the island. We have to ensure the livelihood of the people first, right? It is now a family area and will be handed over to the local government in the future. Sooner or later it will have to be separated from the camp, so it is better to just build it separately.

As for the command post, just return the tent temporarily and build it slowly, don't rush it. "

"That's the truth." The third company commander agreed and said with a grimace: "I finally persuaded my wife to follow me. She stood at the end of the field and then followed the boat back. She said she would rather go back to her hometown with her children than come here. Ruined place."

"Speaking of this." Shi Lei touched Lu Yuanzheng, "I heard that Zhao Gang and his wife had another fight today because of your wife."

Lu Yuanzheng sighed softly: "Xu Wen just came here and I don't know what kind of nonsense they have. I haven't had time to tell her yet!"

"Then you have to tell her quickly. If she lends the book to Wang Ying, then Zhao Gang will not be able to keep his wife in the city."

Lu Yuanzheng pinched his brows, "I don't think it's a good idea to keep dragging him like this. The two of them are not on the same path at all. How can they be forced to eat in the same trough without being beaten?"

The company commander spread his hands: "What should we do? It's hard for us brothers to find wives! We must try our best to persuade them to make peace and not break up. Besides, it was Wang Ying who was willing to have a relationship with Zhao Gang at the beginning. It can't be said that there is a chance to return now. Once the city is conquered, just kick Gangzi down, right?"

"If we just kick them, we'll kick them. The problem is that there is a baby who is nursing. We all know how Dongsheng grew up. He is not much better than an orphan. We can't add another Dongsheng, right?" Speaking of this, Shi Lei also had a headache.

Lu Yuanzheng picked a wild fruit and threw it at Shi Lei, "Stop arranging my son! My son now has a father and a mother."

Shi Lei covered his forehead and hissed, "Comrade Lu Yuanzheng, I think you are a little too proud now! Do you know who among our brothers in the battalion are the most jealous right now? We are all crowded in the tent singing "Girl from afar, you wife and children" Hot kang?

I heard Xiao Xue say before that the bride and groom are having fun at your wedding, right? You see, your brothers didn't have time to attend your wedding, so I'll make it up to you now! Shi Lei waved his hand, "Brothers, come on!" "

Several company commanders looked at each other.

Anyway, this is what the instructor said.

Anyway, the law does not blame everyone.

Anyway, it is a happy event to make trouble for the groom.

Without saying anything, they rushed towards Lu Yuanzheng together.

Lu Yuanzheng can fight, but the training difficulty is the same as usual, and two of the company commanders are soldiers he personally led. He had just had his plaster removed, and there was no way he could defeat so many people with one person.

In line with the principle that a good man never suffers immediate losses, he got up and ran to the beach without saying a word.

Unfortunately, he was knocked down after only a few steps.

Xu Wen was not that ignorant. After playing for a while, he called Dongsheng back.

It's not easy to let so many people wait for the mother and son.

Anyway, now that we have settled on the island, we have many opportunities to play here.

Xu Wen knelt down, patted the sand off Dongsheng's feet and put on his shoes. He did the same, put on his shoes and took Dongsheng's hand. When he looked up, he saw several grown men rolling into a ball on the hillside.

Lu Yuanzheng was suppressed by several people at the bottom.

"Dad, uncle, what are you doing?" Dongsheng shouted curiously.

Several men on the hillside quickly separated. When they saw Xu Wen, they all touched their noses and turned around to look around, pretending not to hear.

Shi Lei got up and patted the dust off his body, and explained to Xu Wen: "Lu Ying's leg was cramped just now. Let's help him put some pressure on it."

Xu asked: "..."

So many people are pressing?

It's hard to explain without cramps, right?

Lu Yuanzheng sat up, put one hand behind his back on the ground, pointed at Shi Lei and the others, and complained to Xu Wen: "Daughter-in-law, they ganged up to bully me!"

Xu asked: "..."

Shi Lei: "..."

Each company commander: "..."

Everyone had a common thought at this moment: Lu Yuanzheng, where is your face?

Xu Wen knew they were making a fuss, so he pretended not to hear and pointed in front, "Let's pick some wild fruits for everyone to take with us when we go back?"

There are many wild animals and plants on the island, including some tropical fruits. Xu Wen saw early-ripening lychees, mangoes, bananas, papayas, etc.

There is also a field of wild sugar cane.

Several people picked some each, carried them in their clothes, and patrolled the entire island before returning to the tent in time for a meal.

The canteen is a large separate tent with some foldable tables and chairs inside.

After Xu Wen had eaten, he took the fruits everyone brought back to the cooking class and washed them.

Wang Ying followed, "Sister-in-law, have you helped me find review materials?"

"Ah, sister-in-law. Are you so anxious? My study materials are not here, but at my hometown! I have to write home first and ask my family to help find them before sending them to you." Xu Wen heard her crying. Looking back at her, I saw that her eyes were like rabbits, so I asked with concern: "What's wrong with you?"

Wang Ying suddenly became very excited: "Just say that you don't want to help me! You said it well in the morning. If you change your mind now, did Zhao Gang ask you not to let you borrow mine? None of you are good. thing!"

Just yell and run.

Xu Wen looked confused and aggrieved.

I said with good intentions that I would find review materials for you, so why isn't it a good thing?

Who is admitted to college and still carries high school study materials with them?

She came right after the news that Lu Yuanzheng was seriously injured, but she hasn't returned home since then. Where can she get review materials?

Besides, Xu Wen himself is not more useful than the information?

Just because I borrowed it in the morning and couldn't give it back at noon, is it not a good thing?

There is still princess disease these days? !

Xu Wen's good impression of Wang Ying was completely destroyed.

I thought all sisters-in-law were like Sister-in-law Li, ordinary yet great.

Xu Wen carried the fruit back to the cafeteria unhappily and shared it with everyone. He also asked Dongsheng to send some to the road expedition and the soldiers standing guard on the island when they were meeting in Shi Lei's tent.

After Xu Wen finished his work, he wanted to talk to Wang Ying, but he didn't see her.

Just as he was about to ask Sister-in-law Li, he heard Wang Yingjie's hysterical shout from a tent in front: "Zhao Gang, you bastard, you just can't stand my kindness! Why don't you let Xu Wen lend me the materials? I'll just What's wrong with wanting to get into college? I was blind before marrying you."

Zhao Gang lowered his voice and scolded: "Can you please lower your voice? The child has just fallen asleep! Are you still a mother?"

"I don't want to be a mother! If you hadn't taken advantage of others' danger...would I have given birth to your child?"

"Don't speak so harshly! You married me voluntarily! We are a couple!"

"..."

Xu Wen was dumbfounded. What kind of development is this?

Sister-in-law Li sighed softly, "What a sin! This person can't be too calculating. In the end, he will harm others and himself."

Xu Wen remembered the time when Sister-in-law Li touched her when she said she wanted to lend materials to Wang Ying that morning, and asked Sister-in-law Li: "What's going on with these two people? Did you want to stop me from lending her materials to her this morning?"

She didn't believe that Zhao Gang would do anything to take advantage of others. If this was the case, Lu Yuanzheng would be the first to deal with him.

Chapter 56

Sister-in-law Li patted the bench next to her and motioned for Xu Wen to sit down and chat, "It's a long story."

Xu Wen sat next to Mrs. Li, peeling a lychee and eating it while listening to the story.

Sweet lychee, the juice overflows as soon as the skin is peeled off.

Take a bite of the sweet pulp and your mouth will be filled with sweetness.

What a treat.

It would be more delicious if you could soak it in ice water.

It's just the stories Mrs. Li tells that make people unhappy.

Wang Ying is an educated youth assigned to a rural farm in Haicheng.

She must have been considered a pretty young lady before, how could she endure such hardship?

I couldn't bear it anymore, so I secretly planned to escape.

Educated youths who run away are also "deserters". Not only does it sound unpleasant to people, but once it is reported to the organization and dealt with, the consequences will also be serious.

When Wang Ying was about to be caught, she panicked and stopped a passing car.

Who knew that a military vehicle happened to be stopped.

The person driving the car at that time was Zhao Gang, who had just returned from a mission.

Wang Ying said that the people chasing her were human traffickers and hoped that Zhao Gang would take him away.

Can Zhao Gang tolerate human traffickers with his temper? Roll up your sleeves and get out of the car to fight.

Wang Ying changed her story when she saw this, saying that it was from their village and that her parents forced her to marry a bad old man for a high price as a gift.

Don't let Zhao Gang hurt them, just ask Zhao Gang to take her away.

Zhao Gang's appearance says that he has a simple mind but well-developed limbs. Who is Wang Ying's opponent? After being fooled three times and two times, she believed Wang Ying, took her back to the compound, and temporarily placed her in a guest house.

However, the compound is strictly controlled and not everyone can enter. Outsiders who enter the compound are family members besides those doing business.

Zhao Gang said that Wang Ying was the one he just dated, so he arranged for him to be sent to the guest house.

"Wang Ying stayed in the compound for a few days and saw that we military wives didn't have to go to work and stayed in the family building all day long to cook and take care of the children. She felt that life like this was quite good.

So she had a weird idea and coaxed Zhao Gang into filing a marriage report to marry her. In fact, it was just to join the army and not have to work on the farm. "Sister-in-law Li shook her head and sighed, "But this girl is really too smart and treats others as fools. "

Zhao Gang is a serial number, and the wedding report that he typed up must first go through the expedition and meet the instructor.

How could Wang Ying fool the expedition and the instructor with his little tricks, but they couldn't directly tell Wang Ying what to do and could only advise Zhao Gang.

But Zhao Gang was really obsessed with the child, and he identified Wang Ying with all his heart.

Wang Ying was so handsome and good at coaxing people that Zhao Gang was confused.

As leaders, Lu Yuanzheng and the instructor had no choice but to approve Zhao Gang's marriage report without justifiable reasons. After all, Wang Ying had no problem with the political review and was just an ordinary informed youth who graduated from junior high school and was assigned to the countryside.

When they heard that Wang Ying was going to be a military wife, the farm did not embarrass Wang Ying. They thought that Wang Ying was returning from a mission to meet her partner, and they did not investigate her escape.

In this way Wang Ying married Zhao Gang.

It was okay at first. Wang Ying cooked and washed Zhao Gang and coaxed him to get dizzy. He wouldn't touch Zhao Gang if he wasn't allowed to.

Until one time, a sister-in-law brought some rice wine back from her hometown and shared it with everyone.

Wang Ying didn't know that rice wine was powerful, so he drank too much.

The two of them didn't know how they finally became husband and wife.

Zhao Gang usually treats Wang Ying very well. Although the two of them had a fight, their lives were fine.

Later, Wang Ying became pregnant, and she started crying when she was pregnant, and would fight with Zhao Gang from time to time.

Zhao Gang thought Wang Ying was pregnant and kept letting her go.

No, she gave birth to a son to Zhao Gang a few months ago.

At this time, the country announced the resumption of the college entrance examination, and also introduced a policy to allow educated youth to return to their hometowns.

Wang Ying's mind suddenly became active again, and she was planning to take the college entrance examination.

"Isn't it a good thing to go to college?" Xu Wen was puzzled.

Sister-in-law Li sighed softly: "Yes, it is a good thing to go to college. But she not only wants to go to college, she also wants a divorce!"

Xu asked, "Is there any inevitable connection between getting into college and getting divorced?"

"How many people do you think are as courageous as you? They didn't even get into college and followed Lu Ying to this desert island to endure hardships. Then Wang Ying is much more ambitious than you if he doesn't have your ability! People think that he will fail as soon as he takes the exam. Of course I don't want to be dragged down by Zhao Gang and his son." Sister-in-law Li curled her lips disdainfully, "She is ambitious! She also wants to wait until she is admitted to college and return to the city to be her daughter. Isn't it that educated youths are starting to return to the city one after another now? After hearing this, she regretted marrying a rough guy like Zhao Gang even more! She might as well stay on the farm for another year and a half."

Xu Wen didn't understand, "What's wrong with the soldier? How can he not be worthy of her?"

"So you are different from ordinary girls. Besides, Lu Ying is a cadre after all, and Zhao Gang is a soldier. The monthly allowance is not much, let alone a woman like Wang Ying. Fortunately, our military marriage is protected by law, as long as Zhao Gang If you don't nod, Wang Ying won't be able to leave."

"It's not sweet to force them away! Why don't you let them leave? Isn't it uncomfortable to beat them like this?" Xu Wen didn't understand.

"Zhao Gang is the only boy in Zhao Gang's family. For him to marry a wife, the family has been depleted and owed a lot of money. Now there is an extra child who is still breastfeeding. If Wang Ying leaves, what will happen to the child? Zhao Gang is the old man Laizi, it's hard for parents to take care of themselves when they are old, let alone their children. You can't let Zhao Gang's married sisters take care of his children, right?"

Sister-in-law Li shook her head as she spoke, "You think Wang Ying is the same, why do you think so little of Zhao Gang?"

Xu Wen didn't know what to say. He only blamed himself for causing all this trouble to Zhao Gang by borrowing information quickly.

There were shouts and curses in the tent, and the sound of objects being thrown. After a while, it slowly became quiet.

Sister-in-law Li hurriedly asked: "Go back and get some sleep while it's quiet! The beatings may start again in a while. You have to be careful, Wang Ying is very aggressive when looking at Wen Wen Jingjing! Don't look back and cause trouble for you too." ."

Even if you want to take a nap under the scorching sun, you can't fall asleep just by thinking about it.

The tent fabric is so thin that once it is baked by the sun, you can completely take a sauna inside the tent.

Xu Wen thought it would be nice to have an air conditioner at this time.

No need for air conditioning or fan.

If it doesn't work, ice cubes will do.

Thinking of ice cubes, Xu Wen had an idea.

She remembered that ice cubes could be made in ancient times. In ancient times, when there was no electricity or refrigerator, she was in the same situation as she is now.

Then she should be able to do it.

But that doesn't mean she can. Fortunately, she has a magic mirror.

Xu Wen closed his eyes, calmed down and summoned the magic mirror: "Mirror, mirror, my child wants to know how ice cubes were made in ancient times?"

The magic mirror suddenly turned into a display screen and played an animation for Xu Wen to see.

Making ice is very simple, just use something called saltpeter.

"Can the ice made in this way be given directly to children?"

"Of course not! Ice made of saltpeter is more poisonous than the apples in Snow White's stepmother's hands! Do you want to poison your child?!" the magic mirror made a harsh voice angrily.

Ji Dixu Wen's mind was buzzing, and he thought to himself, I just wanted to ask if it could be eaten, and it's not because your broken system requires me to be known as a child.

The magic mirror heard her voice and felt a little guilty. For the first time, he answered her without asking anything about the child: "If you want to eat it, you can use the double-layer ice making method."

After Magic Mirror finished speaking, a specific tutorial animation was played on the display screen.

Still using saltpeter to make ice, but not directly into the water. Instead, use two basins, one large and one small. Put drinking water in the small basin, put saltpeter into the water in the big basin, and freeze it in the other basins.

What's even more amazing is that the ice formed by saltpeter can also be recovered through evaporation and crystallization and then recycled.

"Warm reminder. Although there were no refrigerators in ancient times, there were ice detectors, which functioned similarly to refrigerators..."

The more Xu Wen looked at it, the more he felt that life didn't have to be so miserable.

"Mirror, Mirror, the child wants to know how to make a simple refrigerator?"

"Mirror, Mirror, my child wants to make his own air conditioner. What materials are needed?"

"Mirror, Mirror..."

In the name of his children, Xu Wen received many DIY tutorials and necessary materials.

When Lu Yuanzheng returned to the tent, Xu Wenzheng was fanning Dongsheng with one hand and writing and drawing on the paper with the other hand.

He took off his clothes and hung them on the shelf, and asked Xu Wen, "What are you busy with if you don't sleep?"

Xu Wen sighed, "It's too hot to sleep."

Lu Yuanzheng glanced at the bed, thought for a moment and said, "After these few days of work are over, I will make you a bamboo bed. It will be cooler for you to sleep on."

"Okay! But I want ice now. Do you know about saltpeter, Lu Yuanzheng?"

"I know." Lu Yuanzheng nodded. How dare he not know one of the raw materials for making gunpowder. "Why do you ask?"

"I want to make ice cubes. Can you ask someone to buy some for you?"

"Do you use it a lot? If not, no one needs to buy it. There is it on the island."

"Ah?" Xu Wen's eyes lit up, "Really? Where is it?"

"The white stones we saw on the beach today are the white frost on the surface."

Xu Wen stood up and said, "Can you accompany me to find some saltpeter now?"

Lu Yuanzheng frowned and hesitated: "Now? The sun is very hot outside. I'll give you blisters all over and hurt you!"

"It's okay. I'll cover it tightly." Xu Wen stood up and looked for a coat. Hot spots were better than sunburn.

Dong Sheng got up from bed and signed up: "I'll go too!"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

Xu Wen looked back at Dongsheng: "Why aren't you asleep yet?"

"It's too hot and I can't sleep." Dongsheng lowered his head as he spoke, feeling a little embarrassed to have Xu Wen fan himself for so long.

Xu Wen touched Dongsheng's head and said, "It doesn't matter. It's not your fault that you can't sleep. Come on, let's go pick up saltpeter and make ice cubes together. If we can succeed, we don't need to be afraid of the heat."

"Okay!" Dongsheng clapped his hands happily and put on his clothes.

Lu Yuanzheng dug out two of his own straw hats and gave one to each of them.

Fortunately for Xu Wen, people are good-looking no matter how beautiful they are.

Dongsheng is young, and the straw hat he wears on Lu Yuanzheng is quite big, which is a bit funny. He covers his eyes at every turn, and has to give him a hand from time to time.

Lu Yuanzheng led their mother and son to the island to look for saltpeter.

Rocks, small caves, and abandoned dwellings also contain saltpeter soil.

They got a lot back.

Xu Wen first borrowed the cooking stove from the cooking class and put the saltpeter soil and saltpeter stones back through various procedures such as filtration to obtain relatively high-purity white crystals and took them back to his tent.

I also borrowed two basins, one large and one small, and filled the small basins with cold water that could be drank directly.

Put the saltpeter and water into a large basin in proportion.

While waiting for the water to freeze, Xu Wen also made a simple small refrigerator.

In fact, there is no technical content. She found two wooden boxes and put them together. The gap in the middle was filled with sand. The outside of the small wooden box was first wrapped with a thick cotton cover, and the inside was also covered with a cotton cover and a layer of plastic sheeting. water proof.

When the ice cubes were ready, she took them out and put them in a simple refrigerator, and then started making ice for the second time.

There is a layer of white frost on the ice surface of the big basin, which is saltpeter. It can be collected and used again.

While waiting for the ice to freeze again, Xu Wen took a few mangoes picked from the island, peeled them, and pureed the pulp.

The sweet smell of mango makes Dongsheng mouth lick.

Xu Wen took a mango, peeled it and gave it to Dongsheng.

Dongsheng shook his head, "Mom, I'll eat it after you cook it."

"Okay!" Xu Wen chopped up the mangoes and threw them into a large bowl, added some water, then put it into a larger basin, scraped off the saltpeter on the ice again and put it into the large basin.

After a while, when the mango water was frozen into ice, Xu Wen took out the big bowl and placed several small bowls on the table one by one. He washed them with Lu Yuanzheng's folding knife and scraped the mango ice into puree. Spread a layer on the bottom of the bowl, put a layer of mango pulp on the ice slurry, and spread another layer of ice slurry until the three bowls are full.

Xu Wen took a small spoon and handed it to Dongsheng, "Try it!"

"What's delicious to eat?" Lu Yuanzheng came in and said, "It seems a little cool? Did you bring ice cubes?"

Xu Wen took the towel that could squeeze out water from Lu Yuanzheng's neck, threw it into the basin, and handed him a bowl of smoothie: "Try it! This is called Mango Ice!"

Chapter 57

Under the expectant gazes of one large and one small child, Lu Yuanzheng put the spoon into his mouth. A mouthful of sweet and cool taste accompanied by the fragrance of mango spread in the cavity, and his eyes instantly lit up.

He gave Xu Wen a thumbs up: "It's delicious!"

"It's super delicious!" Dongsheng spread his hands and gestured to both sides to emphasize how delicious it was, "It's cold and sweet!"

Lu Yuanzheng nodded in agreement, "That's right!"

After running outside for a long time, my whole body was soaked with sweat. After taking a bite of this mango ice cream, the irritability caused by the stuffy heat in my heart disappeared instantly.

His eyes fell on the ice in the basin, with surprise and admiration on his face: "You actually made ice cubes?"

Xu Wen raised his head proudly: "That's right! Don't you see whose wife I am?"

The corners of Lu Yuanzheng's lips raised, revealing his white teeth, and he fed the freshly scooped Mianmian Bing into Xu Wen's mouth, "Well, my wife is the best! She's beautiful, smart, and so talented!"

Seeing how cooperative he was, Xu Wen burst out laughing and suggested, "When we eat later, how about we share some ice porridge with everyone?"

Dongsheng frowned: "But this trouble will take a long time! When can so many uncles finish it?"

Xu Wen was making ice cubes and mango smoothies, while Dongsheng was waiting beside him. He waited for a long time to finish these bowls of smoothies.

Xu Wen pointed to the three finished basins of ice, "This ice should be enough for making ice porridge. I saw some red beans and mung beans in the cooking class that can be used to make honey red beans and mung bean paste. We have some raisins and milk powder at home. Let's get some sucrose. That's enough."

Making ice porridge is much easier than making ice porridge.

The raisins were given to them by their comrades at the expedition sanatorium when they came back. They were specialties that they had carried all the way back from Xinjiang. Seeing that Dongsheng liked them, he gave some to them.

Red beans and mung beans can dehumidify and relieve heat.

The headquarters knew that it was hot and humid on the island and specially prepared many batches.

Xu Wen bought the milk powder before going to the island. He bought two bags and wanted to give it to Dongsheng.

You can take out a bag now.

You can boil sucrose, but if you don't want to boil it, just use sugar cane to squeeze the juice.

The wild sugar cane on this island is particularly sweet.

Lu Yuanzheng nodded, "Good idea. Let's go to the cooking class."

He first picked up two large basins of ice.

Xu Wen lowered the curtains and door curtains on the tent, allowing the tent to continue making ice to cool down, and followed Lu Yuanzheng with a basin of ice in his arms.

Dongsheng was carrying his raisins.

When Lu Yuanzheng gets off work, it basically means it's time for dinner.

Each company had lined up and was waiting for dinner. Lao Yuan Yuanzheng and Xu Wen walked to the battalion headquarters canteen holding a large piece of ice, and were shocked.

"Damn it! Am I dazzled? Is that thing Lu Ying and my sister-in-law got ice?"

"It seems so!" Another person was not very sure, "Can it be made into ice in the summer?"

The discussion in the queue became louder and louder until I was scolded: "Are you allowed to speak? Do you want to run around the island twice?"

After two laps on such a hot day, there will be no more people.

Everyone shut up.

The leader of the cooking class at the battalion headquarters saw Lu Yuanzheng and came up to him, "Lu Ying, why are you here?"

"Your sister-in-law got some ice and wants you to help make some ice porridge to cool everyone down."

"No problem." The leader of the cooking team swallowed when he saw the ice cubes, "Sister-in-law, you can actually make ice cubes in the summer, you are so awesome!"

This thing looks cool.

On such a hot day, if pork head meat and ice cubes are placed in front of them, most people will choose ice cubes.

The heat is so extreme that people actually have no appetite to eat.

Boiling red beans takes time, and there is no time now, but because the cooking team has been boiling mung bean water, the soft mung beans are ready.

The people in the cooking class helped break up the big ice cubes and put them into bowls.

There were not enough bowls at the battalion headquarters, so Lu Yuanzheng asked the cooking squads of each company to bring their own bowls to share.

Xu Wen soaked a whole bag of milk powder in warm water and scooped two spoons into each bowl. The fragrance of milk immediately overflowed.

These days, things are not fake, and the milk powder they say is real milk powder.

The people in the cooking class helped put some mung beans, raisins, and sprinkled some sugar into each bowl filled with ice.

Simple ice porridge is ready.

Lu Yuanzheng asked the officers and soldiers to line up to receive ice porridge.

Distribution is given to family members first, then to soldiers, and finally to cadres.

This is the same rule when it comes to cooking.

Because sometimes the cooking class may cook less, and in the end the cook may not have anything to eat.

So the rule has always been to put soldiers first and then cadres. Hungry cadres are also hungry.

This rule has been popular in their unit for a long time.

Normally everyone thinks it is normal.

The cadres are a little anxious today.

Lu Yuanzheng saw the company commanders and Shi Lei circling behind anxiously, and felt that he was particularly lucky.

At least he ate a bowl of mango ice first and was not so greedy.

Shi Lei saw Lu Yuanzheng coming over, put his arm around his back, and whispered, "Say hello to my sister-in-law, and leave a bowl?"

Lu Yuanzheng snorted, "Is it appropriate for you to have special privileges as an instructor?"

"How do you call it a privilege? This ice was made by my sister-in-law. It's a treat for my sister-in-law and it's not a condolence gift from our company. How can we follow the rules of making rice? Just based on our relationship, isn't it worth a bowl of ice porridge? ?"

"I think..." Lu Yuanzheng lengthened his voice, looked at Shi Lei's expectant face, and slowly uttered the last two words: "It's not worth it!"

"Fuck!" Shi Lei groaned, "Lu Yuanzheng, you are such a dog!"

Shi Lei was so angry that he grunted twice, pointed at Lu Yuanzheng and said, "Wait! Today our meeting will be held until twelve o'clock in the evening! Are you still thinking about going back to hug your wife? Go ahead and dream about your dreams!"

"Tsk! Look at you now, you're like a bitch who jumps over the wall!" Lu Yuanzheng tutted twice, "Let the brothers see your face of pretending to be public and self-serving, and I'll see how you can carry out your work in the future!"

Shi Lei: "..."

"Aren't you just relying on the fact that you have a good wife?! It's not like you made the ice! Why are you so proud?"

Lu Yuanzheng grinned, showing his white teeth, and smiled even more: "I'm proud that I have such a great wife! I'm proud that my wife can make ice on the island in the summer!"

Shi Lei: "..."

Chao Lu Yuanzheng gave a thumbs up: "You are cruel! You win! This is the first time in so many years that my comrades know that you can be so thick-skinned!"

What else could he say? !

Sure enough, the ice porridge was not enough in the end.

The difference is not much, just the share of a few of their cadres.

When the last soldier was preparing to leave with a bowl full of ice, he saw several cadres staring at his bowl like wolves staring at prey. He hesitated and asked Shi Lei: "Instructor, how about you eat first?"

Shi Lei shook his head, "You guys eat, I'm not hot."

Just kidding, no matter how greedy he is as an instructor, can he still steal ice from soldiers?

Shi Lei refused and other company commanders were of course embarrassed to grab it.

Lu Yuanzheng laughed loudly on the side, making Shi Lei so angry that he wanted to beat him.

It's a pity that he is a civilian, and his military force is not as valuable as Lu Yuanzheng.

Out of sight, out of mind, he rolled his eyes and planned to leave.

Lu Yuanzheng stopped him, "Don't be so stingy! How can our relationship not be worth a bowl of ice? My wife asked me to ask you to come to my house later to eat ice."

These are the ones without ice.

Shi Lei's face suddenly turned gloomy: "That's pretty much it!" Then he snorted again, "My sister-in-law is much better than you! I will definitely help my sister-in-law when you two fight in the future."

Lu Yuanzheng raised his eyelids coolly: "Don't worry! You won't have this chance."

After Xu Wen helped divide the ice, he asked the squad leader of the cooking class: "Squad leader Zhang, are the fish and charcoal I asked you to cook ready?"

"Okay!" Squad Leader Zhang pointed to the large bullet shell that was burnt black by the stove.

When he came to borrow a pot in the afternoon, Xu Wen took the large shell casing that he had obtained with the help of the Make Way Expedition.

Xu Wen didn't know what kind of cartridge case it was. The diameter of the cylinder was about 20 centimeters. Judging from the material, it shouldn't be afraid of burning.

Lu Yuanzheng drilled a hole in the sealed cartridge case and stuffed some wooden blocks inside.

Xu Wen asked Squad Leader Zhang to help put it on the stove while cooking.

It has cooled down by now.

Xu Wen opened the cartridge case, and the still warm charcoal actually came out.

Xu Wen was very happy, "This way I can treat everyone to grilled fish."

"Oh, yes, sister-in-law, the fish you asked for has been processed." Squad Leader Zhang showed her the fish that had been processed and marinated according to Xu Wen's requirements.

The most easily available food on the island is fish.

"Thank you so much." Xu Dao thanked him, "Can I borrow another stove and have some oil?"

"certainly."

Xu Wenwen fried the fish in oil, spread it on an iron plate brushed with a layer of oil and covered with a layer of green onions, placed it on the iron rack, placed ignited charcoal underneath and started grilling.

While she was cooking grilled fish, Lu Yuanzheng took all the soldiers in the battalion except the sentry for night training.

This island is not yet a paradise. Enemies attack the island from time to time, so the training mission cannot be relaxed.

If you have to work during the day, you can only practice more morning and night.

Dongsheng is also there.

He has been practicing since he was a child, but he may not be able to follow the whole process, and his movements may not be standard, but Lu Yuanzheng requires him to follow.

Grilling fish is very simple, no need to ask and keep watch.

She turned the fish over and walked around.

Keeping the charcoal is strangely hot.

The moon and stars hung high in the night sky, not too bright, but very comfortable.

There were bursts of slogans on the beach.

They wore the same sea soul shirts and training pants. There is not a big difference in height and almost the same walking and running posture.

Xu Wen could recognize Lu Yuanzheng at a glance.

In fact, she couldn't see the face clearly with such a gaze, she just knew who it was.

According to Lu Yuanzheng's rank, he no longer had to participate in such training, but he still took the lead in training.

In the words of Lu Yuanzheng, it is called Quandang reconstruction!

Moreover, on such a hot day, the cadres did not take the lead, and the soldiers were even less willing to practice.

Xu Wen tucked his hair behind his ears that was blown by the sea breeze and blocked his vision, and looked over just in time to look over at Lu Yuanzheng.

Their eyes faced each other in the night. No one could really see who it was, but they knew it was the other person.

Lu Yuanzheng waved to her.

Xu Wen also waved to Lu Yuanzheng.

He raised the corners of his lips and curled his eyebrows.

At this moment, I suddenly felt that the years were peaceful.

It turns out that happiness really has nothing to do with wealth.

There is nothing on this island, and everything in terms of food, clothing, housing and transportation is difficult.

Xu Wen found it interesting.

Probably because there is a road expedition.

Xu Wen suddenly remembered a sentence he had read online in his previous life: falling in love with a city because of a person.

For her, it was because a person fell in love with an island.

Lu Yuanzheng came back only after taking a shower.

If you sweat so much during training, you'll get sick if you don't take a shower.

Each company set up an extra tent to serve as a bathroom. However, there is currently not enough fresh water to take a shower, so we can only do a simple scrubbing.

Knowing that Xu Wen was still awake, Lu Yuanzheng was too embarrassed to strip off and wash himself in front of Xu Wen. After training, he followed his comrades to the company and washed before entering the tent.

As soon as he entered the tent, he sighed with satisfaction.

Xu Wen made another modification to the ice making basin. He made an upper and lower ice basin and drilled a hole in the bottom of the upper basin.

When the ice melts, it drips into the basin below and fuses with the saltpeter to form ice again.

The temperature in the tent dropped significantly.

"Are you back? Sit down first, and you can eat when they come." When Xu Wen saw Lu came back from the expedition, he took a piece of ice and cracked it to make ice porridge. It's not good that they can't eat ice.

"Wow!" Lu Yuanzheng looked at the baking pan on the square table and exclaimed, "It smells so good!"

Dongsheng had already moved a small bench and was sitting at the table waiting to eat fish. When he saw Lu Yuanzheng come in, he looked behind him and asked, "Dad, aren't Uncle Shi and the others here?"

"They will be here soon." Lu Yuanzheng was sitting at the table. He saw Xu Wen took a bucket and got some ice water. There were also several bottles of beer soaked in the ice water. He raised his eyebrows in surprise: "Where did the wine come from?"

"Sister-in-law Li gave it to me. This was originally a celebration drink she prepared for Lao Lu."

Most people in the camp like to drink liquor, but only Lao Lu likes beer. Beer was not very popular these days, and it was a bit troublesome to buy it, so every time Lao Lu went out, Sister-in-law Li would run to the city to buy a few bottles and put them back.

Lu Yuanzheng looked at the bottles of beer for a while before he said, "Then you have to drink this wine."

Chapter 58

Sister-in-law Li originally wanted to take the wine back to her hometown and bury it with Lao Lu's.

Now that we are on the island, Lao Lu is on the island. There is no need to bury this, so Xu Wen can give it to Lu Yuanzheng and the others to drink.

Xu Wen refused to take it, not because he was afraid of bad luck, but mainly because he thought it was Mrs. Li's wish.

Sister-in-law Li told her that in fact, these soldiers are most looking forward to having their family members join the team.

Who would always like group life? Who doesn't like a little homely life.

When someone's family comes, the whole company is happy.

I would also entertain guests in the family building, and invite people from my class or company who are good friends to come to my home for dinner.

Please change it once a day, it is particularly pyrotechnic.

The sisters-in-law are also happy, and they will get to know some other sisters-in-law, and they can also hear about their men from other people.

After all, it is not convenient to say a lot of things when we usually write letters.

Especially since their profession often involves confidentiality, the letters to the end are written unilaterally by the sisters-in-law, and the men's replies are basically to wish them well and send greetings to the whole family.

Letters were inconvenient, and we couldn't see each other more than once a year, leaving the couple with no time to talk.

It's okay to have children, but a young couple without children is about the same as when they first went on a blind date.

Everyone gathered around the same table to eat, and talked more or less about everyday things, which made us feel close to each other.

Xu Wen was moved and asked Sister-in-law Li: "Who should I invite to dinner? Do I want to invite the whole camp?"

She was a little worried. There were so many people in the camp, how could she invite them?

"How can you invite hundreds of people from the entire camp?" Sister-in-law Li laughed and suggested, "You can first invite the instructors and company commanders. They usually work with your road camp for a long time. Next, you can invite Invite people from the first company, after all, it is the old company of the road camp."

Xu Wen thought it made sense, but what if she couldn't cook?

Moreover, the island is different from the family buildings in the past. What should I do if I am short of this and that and can't buy it myself?

After thinking about it, you can have barbecue and grilled fish.

Especially for barbecues, it's no problem to treat the whole camp to a meal.

But we have to wait until we can support ourselves on the island.

In addition, barbecue and grilled fish need to solve the charcoal problem and oven problem.

There is no rush for the oven, we will wait until the base camp is built, but we can try charcoal.

Fortunately, the sometimes reliable and sometimes unreliable magic mirror taught Xu Wen a simple method of making charcoal.

She thought that if it worked, she would try making a grilled fish first.

Make Way Expedition invites Shi Lei and the others to have a meal, which can be regarded as a food tasting.

If it is successful, it can be eaten during the holidays in the future.

It's so beautiful to have so many people gathered together, eating barbecue and grilled fish, and drinking wine while enjoying the sea breeze!

Shi Lei came with several company commanders and asked politely outside the tent, "Is there anyone there?"

Even though he and Lu Yuanzheng usually live in private, even if they come to visit if they have any questions, they are still quite cramped.

Not surprised, Lu Yuanzheng lifted the curtain on the tent and said, "Come in quickly!"

Xu Wen thought, it seemed that she had done this kind of thing a lot during the long journey. What she was particularly puzzled about was that even though they would meet in another place to eat tomorrow, these people were even polite enough to bring souvenirs.

"Wow! What does it smell like? It smells so good!"

"It's so cool. Sister-in-law, can you give us some ice when you have time?"

"Sister-in-law actually made ice porridge for me?"

"Sister-in-law, why are you so powerful?"

"And wine? Sister-in-law, you are so thoughtful!"

"..."

Xu Wen was a little embarrassed by the praise, so he lowered his head and said nothing.

Lu Yuanzheng stood in front of Xu Wen and disliked them: "That's almost enough! They scared my wife!"

Others were at a lower position and it was difficult to refute, but Shi Lei didn't have such worries. He pulled out a stool and sat down, brought a bowl of ice and started eating, not forgetting to dislike Lu Yuanzheng: "You are so ugly and you don't scare my sister-in-law." , it shows that my sister-in-law is very courageous."

Lu Yuanzheng chuckled: "We are all comrades in arms, so personal attacks are inappropriate, right?"

Xu Wen blinked and said, "He's not ugly, he's very masculine! I think he's handsome."

Shi Lei: "..."

All the company commanders were holding bowls of ice and watching the fun.

Lu Yuanzheng smiled and raised his eyebrows proudly.

Shi Lei sighed: "Sister-in-law, you are good at everything, but your eyesight is not very good!"

Xu Wen knew it was a joke, as was the previous sentence, which was meant to coax Lu Yuanzheng.

Although I knew it was a joke, I was afraid that Lu Yuanzheng would mind it, so I just took the opportunity to express my feelings.

This time there was no need, so I just smiled and said nothing.

After a brief exchange of greetings, they all sat down and started chatting while eating.

As Mrs. Li said, they would talk more in non-public places, and they would talk about anything as long as confidentiality was not involved.

Xu Wen sat at the corner of the table, opened some fish meat for Dongsheng, and listened quietly to their chat.

She heard some things from everyone that Lu Yuanzheng had never seen before, both at work and in life.

For example, everyone joked that Lu Yuanzheng was a completely different person when he first joined the army than he is now.

At that time, I carried it like a nobleman all day long. Even when eating, I had to scald the spoon first and chew a steamed bun for three minutes.

At that time, everyone felt that Lu Yuanzheng should not be a soldier, and they laughed at him in private.

I didn't expect that Lu Yuanzheng would be so powerful on the battlefield later, and he would fight with all his plans and dare to fight hard.

Later, I learned to eat a full meal in five minutes, go three days without taking a bath, and even sleep lying in the mud.

Xu Wen also vaguely glimpsed traces of their daily lives in their playfulness.

In fact, it can be summed up in four words: joy in suffering.

However, Xu Wen also noticed that when he was here, they were actually a bit reserved when speaking.

Noisy and noisy, they are all very measured.

Dongsheng was not interested in the adults' conversation. After eating, he ran out to play.

One fish, six bottles of beer, for about ten people, just to taste it.

Everyone left after not sitting for long, and a roll call was required before turning off the lights.

Before leaving, Shi Lei said with emotion: "Sister-in-law! Thank you for having you on our island! Otherwise it would have become a Monk Island. You don't know, all those married soldiers are busy writing letters to tell their families about your deeds." , so that the family can come together!"

Lu Yuanzheng patted Shi Lei and said, "You should trick your sister-in-law into coming here first!"

Shi Lei: "..."

That's really not easy.

Xu Wen said seriously: "We will build the island as soon as possible. Then we won't need you to beg, and the sisters-in-law will be willing to come on their own."

Shi Lei nodded: "Sister-in-law is right."

After a brief exploration, the island construction work began.

Most of the officers and soldiers began to clear debris, lay foundations, and prepare to build wooden houses.

A small number of officers and soldiers are responsible for cleaning up various dangerous animals and plants hidden in the tropical rain forest on the island.

The family members don't have to work.

But in special times, everyone still tries to help and do what they can.

Anyway, there is nothing on this island, and being idle is boring.

Sister-in-law Li and several other sisters-in-law were contracted to do laundry for everyone.

On the whole island, except for five or six children under the age of five, there are only two people who are not working.

One is Wang Ying. The superficial reason is that she wants to take care of the children, but in fact she can't do it without children.

Another one is Xu Wen.

Xu Wen originally wanted to go work with Lu Yuanzheng, but he happened to catch up with the supply ship to deliver things. He had a letter from her with the things she asked for, so he didn't go.

The letter was written by the Xu family.

Xu Wen previously wrote a letter to report that he was safe, and also took photos at the university to send back to Xu's family.

The Xu family was very happy to know that Lu Yuanzheng was fine. They also wrote back with the good news that they would be able to build a house as soon as spring began.

When Lu Yuanzheng heard that the Xu family was going to build a house, he also took out the bonus he had just received for his meritorious service and asked Xu Wen to send it back. Anyway, after arriving on the island, the money was about the same as paper and was basically useless.

Before Xu Wen came to Haicheng, he sold the cassette player and had more than a thousand yuan with the money he had before.

The half-year allowance plus bonus for the expedition is 600 yuan.

After thinking about it, Xu Wen sent a thousand yuan home.

Most of the remaining few hundred were spent in Haicheng, and a small part was left. This time I took it out and asked someone to help me buy some things from the land and deliver them together next time.

In fact, they usually don't need to spend money to send supplies to the island, but this time Xu Wen wanted it for personal use and it was not good to take advantage of the public.

Xu Wen also included an IOU in the letter and repeatedly stated that the money was lent to Xu Wen and them. He also told Xu Wen that everything was fine at home and asked her not to worry about it.

The family had some objections to Xu Wen suspending school and going to the island, but Xu Wen had already done it and it was useless to have objections. They told her not to neglect her studies while on the island, and also asked Xu Wen to remember to lead the expedition home for the New Year.

He said that Xu Wen was missed very much at home.

Xu Wen quickly wrote a reply and asked the people on the ship to take it back.

Xu Wen asked about the list he wrote last time. Most of the things he bought were bought, but some of them probably don't belong now or even if they already exist, they are still rare and difficult to find.

Fortunately, Xu Wen wrote a set of sub-level components to prevent such a situation from happening.

For example, if you want to use solar energy, the easiest way is to just buy solar panels and assemble them.

But this one is particularly hard to buy.

So Xu Wen also wrote that the backup option is secondary materials that can form solar panels, so that they can be easily purchased.

Even after getting it back, you have to assemble it yourself, and the energy conversion rate may be lower.

In addition to solar components, Xu Wen also wanted components for small wind turbines.

What I thought at the time was that if solar generators couldn't be built, we would use wind power to generate electricity.

Wind turbines are relatively simpler than solar energy.

The principle is that the wind wheel rotates with the wind to drive the generator to rotate and generate electricity.

Small generators are also very simple to make, and most of the components can be purchased.

Xu Wen had done his homework with the help of the magic mirror before, and he just waited for the accessories to arrive before he could start.

Of course, Lu Yuanzheng asked about the purpose of these lists and wondered: "Then I can just apply for two generators!"

Generators are not a rare thing. There are diesel and gasoline ones, and even tractors can carry them.

"It's different! How can gasoline and diesel be wasted when they are so expensive?" Xu Wen shook his head.

The oil crisis a few years ago has not completely eased yet, and oil prices remain high.

"Besides, I am doing this to make our life more comfortable. But at present, my ability is only enough to change our family. To be precise, I am trying to see if I can change our family. If I can, I can gradually promote it on the island. . We can't always use generators, right? Our island will definitely not be able to get electricity for a while. Are we just going to use two generators to provide electricity for thousands of people?

Even if it is possible now, for military purposes, what if people will come to the island in a while? Who can afford a diesel-gasoline generator at their own expense? "

Lu Yuanzheng thought about it and realized that it was indeed the case. When applying, he specifically stated that these things were very important and must be found.

Moreover, he still applied for two large diesel generators. Xu Wen's experiment may not be successful, but the generators can temporarily solve the island's electricity problem.

Compared with generators, Xu Wen's solar and wind power generation are a little bit different.

However, Xu Wen knew the importance of wind power and solar energy technology on the island, so he started researching it with great interest.

Which great man doesn't have a novice stage?

Dongsheng followed Xu Wen and helped her, like a walking "One Hundred Thousand Whys"

"Mom, what is this?"

"Mama, what is this for?"

"Why does it turn the sun into electricity?"

"Mama, can this plane continue to rotate to transfer electricity?"

"..."

Xu Wen simply practiced teaching on the spot, explaining to Dongsheng the meaning of each step and what the parts would be used for after they were successfully assembled.

In fact, most Dongsheng still don't understand.

But the little boy seemed more interested in his handwork and listened carefully.

There are some tasks that just the mother and son cannot complete.

Such as support towers.

Solar and wind turbines can share the same tower.

At noon, when Lu Yuan came back from work to have dinner, he called two people to help Xu Wen choose a suitable position for the tower and press it in place.

Because it is for experiments and there are no high obstructions nearby, the tower is not too high.

"Sister-in-law, what new thing are you making?" The young man who was helping was a little curious when he saw this small airplane-like thing with three blades lying on the top of the pole.

"I want to try to see if I can generate electricity from solar and wind power."

"Wow! You can have electricity while you are in the sun and blowing the wind? That's amazing. Sister-in-law, you are worthy of being a college student."

Xu Wen smiled and said nothing.

I hear this a lot lately.

Xu Wen felt that they were a bit too mythical about college students, and college students didn't know everything, but this title could save her a lot of trouble.

No matter what Xu Wen was trying to do that they had never seen before, in everyone's eyes, it was because she was a college student, so it was not surprising.

As for Lu Yuanzheng, he knew why she did it, so he wouldn't be surprised.

At noon, both generators started operating, and two floor fans were turned on in the cafeteria, which was very cool.

But only the canteen has fans, and the diesel generator is currently only enough for everyone's lighting.

It is not possible to provide electric fans for so many people at the moment.

Electric fans are considered a luxury item and cannot be supplied in large quantities at once.

The Munitions Department is willing to provide it, but there are too many supplies that need to be transported to the island, so they have to come little by little.

For example, the ship that Lu Yuanzheng applied for was also approved, but it just takes time to build the ship and wait until it is completed. Each island in the archipelago will be issued.

In the afternoon, Xu Wen made a simple ceiling fan. The blades were cut from iron sheets, and the small motor was homemade and covered with a bullet case of a suitable size.

I also made a simple desalination device connected to solar energy according to the method taught by the magic mirror.

At night, Xu Wen received two large buckets of fresh water, and the fan in the tent started running with wind power.

Dongsheng stood under the fan and cheered: "There is a fan! There is a fan! I am not afraid of the heat at night."

Xu Wen pulled Dongsheng away and said, "Stay away from the fan first. If I don't make it strong enough and it falls, it will hit you."

Dongsheng thought for a while and said to Lu Yuanzheng who had just returned: "Then dad, go try it!"

Lu Yuanzheng didn't understand for a moment and asked him: "What are you trying?"

"Try to see if the fan will fall down and hit you?! You are so powerful that you are not afraid of being hit!"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

Sneered: "You are really my son."

Lu Yuanzheng raised his head and looked at the fan. Although he knew that Xu Wen was unlikely to fail, he couldn't help but be amazed when he saw with his own eyes that she had made electricity using solar energy and wind. She could even make a fan!

"Ask me, you are so awesome! You can even do this. Before, I was really afraid that you would not be able to bear it if you followed me to the island to suffer hardships. Now it seems that I have thought too much! I think you going to the island will benefit me! I can't even dream of it. I never thought that there would be an electric fan blowing on this small broken island!

When I go back for a meeting in a few days, I will envy them to death! "

Lu Yuanzheng looked proud and sighed: "It feels like it won't be long before you single-handedly turn this island into the kind of tourist destination you mentioned!"

Xu Wen chuckled, "What else? Isn't the purpose of learning something just to change your life?"

Lu Yuanzheng nodded: "Well! If you keep doing this, it won't just change your life, you will also change our lives! What else do you want to do tomorrow? Is there anything I can do for you?"

Xu Wen shook his head, "We'll talk about it tomorrow. It's getting late, so let's go to bed first! I'm so tired."

This day was a relatively unique experience for Xu Wenlu and Dongsheng.

The fan blows on the ice, and the air is cool, making people feel tired.

Originally, Lu Yuanzheng wanted to wait for Dongsheng to fall asleep before doing anything else.

As a result, after Dongsheng fell asleep, she shouted twice excitedly, but Xu Wen didn't reply to her.

He stood up and saw that Xu Wen was also asleep.

Xu Wen was busy from five o'clock in the morning until she went to bed at night, and she didn't even take a break to tinker with her pile of strange gadgets. In addition, it was too cool in the tent, so she went to see Duke Zhou before Dongsheng fell asleep.

Lu Yuanzheng didn't know whether to laugh or cry. He sighed helplessly, put his arms around Xu Wen's waist and fell asleep.

Xu Wen was awakened by the noise.

Xu Wen rubbed his eyes and sat up, feeling a little puzzled when he saw that Dongsheng and Lu Yuanzheng were not there.

On weekdays, when they get up in the morning, they run around and shout slogans, Xu Wen can hear them, but they just have an extra fan to sleep like this?

Besides, the fan has stopped spinning for a long time, probably because of insufficient power.

The noise outside was getting louder and louder.

Xu Wen frowned, washed himself in a hurry, and opened the door.

Seeing Sister-in-law Li taking something from the canteen and running out in a hurry, she asked curiously: "Sister-in-law, what's going on?"

Sister-in-law Li only looked back at Xu Wen, and without stopping, replied to her: "Are you awake? Go and see the road camp quickly! They were stung by jellyfish when they swam in the sea today, and it was quite serious! I'll come back to get alum. and alkaline noodles."

Xu asked: "..."

His expression changed and he followed Mrs. Li to the beach.

Jellyfish are jellyfish and are poisonous.

After being stung, the skin will sting, burn and itch, and red rashes may appear locally.

There are also different symptoms of poisoning, such as stomachache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and fatigue.

In severe cases, anaphylactic shock may occur, and death may occur if rescue is not carried out in time.

If so many officers and soldiers on the island were stung by jellyfish, the health company might not have enough medicine.

There is no condition to send him to the hospital as soon as possible.

I wonder how the road expedition went?

Xu Wen was anxious.

Chapter 59

When Xu Wen arrived at the beach, it was in chaos.

Nothing but ordered chaos.

People in the health company are busy rescuing seriously ill patients.

The cadres, from Lu Yuanzheng Shi Lei to the squad leaders and platoon leaders, were busy arranging for the wounded regardless of their own injuries.

Severe cases were handed over to the health company. Those with mild cases and those with moderate cases were helped to deal with their sting wounds and then helped back to their rooms to rest.

The first thing to do if you are stung by a jellyfish is to clean the wound with sea water.

So much so that the scene showed a group of sea soul shirts bathing together in the sea early in the morning, one group coming ashore and then the next group.

Xu Wen ran to Lu Yuanzheng and pulled up the hem of his clothes without saying a word.

Lu Yuanzheng hurriedly took her hand and stopped her: "Daughter-in-law, there are so many people! Take it off when you get home."

Xu asked: "..."

His eyes were red.

She saw it even at a glance.

Lu Yuanzheng's body was similar to the one in the TV series where he was tortured and covered with staggered whip marks.

The swollen red marks were shocking to look at.

"Don't cry, I'm fine. I'm used to it!"

Xu Wen stared at him with tears in his eyes: "Can you get used to this?"

Lu Yuanzheng rubbed his nose, but now was really not the time to coax Xu Wen. He could only sigh and discuss with Xu Wen: "I'll talk about my business when I get home later! You help apply medicine to them first. There are a few seriously ill patients. I'm going to see how I can move it away."

There are only a few war ships on the island, and they are usually hidden on the island. Now they can't take care of so many, so they have to get out of the ship first to evacuate the wounded.

The problem is that it is too far on land and it would take a day to get back, which would be a delay.

The best way is to transport it to the regiment headquarters.

The island where the regiment headquarters is located is less than 20 kilometers away from here, so it is relatively fast, and you can also borrow some medicine to get back.

Xu Wen nodded. It was useless for her to worry. Lu Yuanzheng would definitely not stop for treatment as long as he was in pain.

The love between children has never been the first priority in their hearts.

She helped clean the wounds and apply medicine to the moderately injured patient who had just taken a bath in the sea.

The great luck among the misfortunes is that this is indeed not the first time they have encountered a group of people being stung by jellyfish. The health company has prepared quite a lot of emergency medicines, at least enough to treat moderate symptoms.

Those with mild symptoms can probably only survive on their own.

This process lasted for half a morning before all the injured soldiers were settled.

Shi Lei followed the ship to the regiment headquarters, while Lu Yuanzheng was busy arranging the change of sentry posts.

Normally, they change their posts every four hours. Because of this accident, some of them have been standing for six hours.

It's really uncomfortable to stand in the sun with all your armor on a hot day.

And they are fully trained even in logistics support.

As a result, only some people with relatively mild poisoning symptoms can be allowed to change jobs.

Even Lu Yuanzheng took the lead and filled a post.

It was two o'clock in the afternoon when he returned to the tent.

Dongsheng was taking a nap. Xu Wen couldn't sleep and sat on a chair waiting for the expedition. When he saw him come in, he stood up.

Lu Yuanzheng's face was obviously not good, and he opened his arms to hug Xu Wen, but he hissed in pain and stood up straight again.

"Take off your clothes!" Xu Wen frowned.

"Isn't it bad at noon?" Lu Yuanzheng joked.

Xu Wen said nothing and stared at him.

Lu Yuanzheng touched his nose and honestly took off his shirt.

Xu Wen took a breath.

There were red marks on Lu Yuanzheng's chest, back, and arms, which were painful to look at.

"Don't cry! I'm fine! I've been stung several times before, so I'm used to it!"

Xu Wen ignored him.

I'm afraid I won't get used to this kind of thing even after being stung a few times.

She pushed Lu Yuanzheng onto the chair and frowned when she saw Lu Yuanzheng.

"On your butt too?"

Lu Yuanzheng shook his head: "That can't be done!"

"Take off your pants too!"

"Daughter-in-law, it's early in the daytime. You can wait for the night..."

"Road Expedition!"

Seeing that Xu Wenzhen was really angry, Lu Yuanzheng honestly took off his pants.

From the collarbone to the calf, no part of the body was spared.

Xu Wen bit his lower lip, raised his hand and put it down again. Finally, he just sighed and took the medicine from the table and applied it to him.

This medicine was brought back from other islands.

Xu Wen moved very gently, probably because he was afraid of pain, so he blew on the medicine gently while applying the medicine.

There would have been a burning, stinging and itching sensation at the wound, but her blowing it on it really relieved it a lot.

However, other feelings may also arise.

Xuwen's medicine just happened to reach his waist, and then...

Lu Yuanzheng coughed lightly, turned around and grabbed her hand, "I will do the rest myself."

Xu Wen raised his eyebrows and asked him, "Are you sure you can get there?"

Lu Yuanzheng nodded without hesitation: "Yes."

You have to be able to do it even if you can't.

He will be shy too!

Xu Wen was ashamed, but he didn't force himself. He let go and gave the ointment to him. He turned his back and assessed the "dangerous" area before turning around to apply the ointment.

Lu Yuanzheng's application of medicine was not as gentle and meticulous as Xu Wen's, and he applied it randomly.

Xu Wen frowned, snatched the medicine bottle from his hand and applied it to his arms and legs.

No need to brag this time, Xu Wen chatted with Lu Yuanzheng while painting.

"What happened today?"

"I swam five kilometers in the morning and happened upon a swarm of jellyfish."

"Have we often met before?"

Lu Yuanzheng shook his head, "It's not very often. Generally, if you have to swim five kilometers, you will get off the boat and explore the entire road. But marine animals can move. Maybe they are not there when you explore, but they arrive just when you come back. I have encountered them a few times before. In fact, it's like It's not bad today. After all, it's just training, and we can all take them back together to have a rest.

If there is a fight, no matter how painful it is, you can only endure it. As long as you are not unconscious, you can grit your teeth. "

"Have you ever encountered jellyfish during the war?"

Lu Yuanzheng lowered his head and glanced at Xu Wen's face. Seeing that she was quite calm, he hesitated and nodded: "Yes."

Then he was stabbed hard at the wound, causing him to gasp in pain.

Xu Wen apologized quickly: "I'm sorry."

I couldn't control my strength well.

Lu Yuanzheng shook his head and held her hand, "Xu Wen, I will work hard to protect myself in the future."

Try not to worry you.

Xu Wen took out his hand to apply the last part of his wound, and pointed to the bed: "You have been working so hard now, why don't you take a rest? You... can you rest like this?"

"Okay. This medicine is quite effective, and you'll be fine after a while."

"Okay, then you can rest!"

Seeing Xu Wen walking out after finishing speaking, Lu Yuanzheng called her: "Where are you going?"

"Go and avenge you!"

When dinner started in the evening, everyone found that there was an extra cold dish.

"Squad leader Zhang, what day is it today? Do we need extra meals?"

"Aren't all these guys injured? Sister-in-law Luying made a dish for everyone, saying it was to comfort the wounded. Do you want to try it?"

"What the hell is this? How does it look like the jelly from my hometown?"

"Pull out those eyeballs of yours and throw them away!"

"This...can't be a jellyfish, right?"

"Sister-in-law is so talented!" They all hate jellyfish, they don't even eat it, and they don't know how to cook it in the cooking class.

Who would like a jellyfish that stings itself?

My scalp goes numb when I hear these two words.

Squad Leader Zhang waved his spoon and snorted: "Are you really doing it for you? My sister-in-law feels sorry for Lu Ying and wants to avenge Lu Ying, so you guys get the glory!"

"revenge?"

"That's right! My sister-in-law said that the jellyfish stung you, so she ate them to avenge you!"

Everyone laughed.

"Sister-in-law is right!"

"That's right! If you dare to sting us, we will eat them!"

"No wonder after we got ashore in the morning, I saw my sister-in-law borrowing the lifeboat from the health company and going into the sea with Dongsheng! So they were going to catch jellyfish?"

"Don't say it! Luying's sister-in-law is really amazing! I have never seen her so beautiful except in movies. The main reason is that she is not only beautiful but also very talented. I was delivering documents to Luying yesterday. As soon as I entered the tent It's really cool. I heard it was all done by my sister-in-law herself."

"Indeed. A college student from a prestigious university followed our road camp to this barren desert island. Alas! My family is not willing to come here even if they don't know anything."

"Don't just compare your wife with Lu Ying's sister-in-law! You can't compare with Lu Ying! Lu Ying is also a top student who graduated from the military academy! In terms of strategy and skill, what is Lu Ying not like?" The soldier who spoke gave a thumbs up.

"That's true. But the instructor's position is not lower than that of the road camp! The instructor also graduated from a military academy, but his sister-in-law..."

"Shhh... are you allowed to discuss the leadership's affairs? Be careful if the instructor hears it and kills you!"

Shi Lei outside the cafeteria door: "..."

He snorted softly and rolled his eyes at Lu Yuanzheng beside him angrily: "Smile, smile, smile! The corners of your mouth are cracked to your temples! Why are you so proud? Are people praising you?"

"I'm happy when you praise my wife!" Lu Yuanzheng showed his white teeth, "Besides, if you don't praise me, won't you make me happy when my wife takes revenge on me?"

Shi Lei, who was speechless, let out a short sigh and took the lead in opening the door curtain to the dining hall.

They came late and ran out of food!

Including cold jellyfish skin.

Shi Lei suddenly became happy, "Ha! Didn't I avenge you? Have you eaten your 'enemy'?"

Lu Yuanzheng also had a little regret, but he didn't show it on his face, "I'm taking revenge if I don't get it! But you... are a dignified instructor with a mean face, is that appropriate?"

Shi Lei: "..."

"You're the one being mean!"

Squad leader Zhang heard the commotion, ran out and saw the two of them, and said hurriedly: "Battal commander, instructor, you are here! My sister-in-law said that you should come home for dinner."

Lu Yuanzheng raised his eyebrows at Shi Lei proudly, "I'm going home for dinner. Goodbye!"

Shi Lei thought for a while and followed.

Lu Yuanzheng glanced back at him, "Why are you following me when I go home for dinner?"

"Didn't you hear what Lao Zhang said about 'you'?! My sister-in-law also invited me!"

"Lao Shi, we have known each other for many years. How come we didn't know you were so shameless before?"

Shi Lei snorted: "I didn't know you were so lucky before! Find a wife whose prestige in the camp is higher than yours! She can really be in the hall and in the kitchen!"

As he spoke, the door to Lu Yuanzheng's tent arrived.

As soon as I entered the tent, I saw three dishes and one soup on the table, one of which was the cold jellyfish skin.

"Hey! What day is it today, sister-in-law? Why are you preparing so many dishes?"

Seeing them coming, Xu Wen stood up and said, "No! I just caught some fish or something when fishing for jellyfish. But the quantity is a bit small and not enough for everyone, so I selfishly made a small stove."

"What kind of selfishness is this! The family members can start a small stove, but they don't have the conditions now. Sister-in-law, you are too polite!"

When everyone sat down, Xu Wenwen expressed his confusion: "As far as I know, these jellyfish usually only appear in groups in July and August. Is it a little early now?"

Lu Yuanzheng and Shi Lei looked at each other.

Lu Yuanzheng nodded, "Nine times out of ten, it's man-made. Everyone was injured today, and I'm afraid there will be bad guests coming to the island at night."

Shi Lei had a headache: "That's really a troublesome thing!"

Xu Wen thought for a while, "I do have a solution, but it can only be a response."

At night, Xu Wen was awakened by the sound of gunshots. He stretched out his hand and found that Lu Yuanzheng was no longer alive.

Dongsheng also woke up, crawled to the bed and held Xu Wen in his arms.

Xu Wen thought he was scared, so he hugged him back. Just as he was about to comfort him, he heard Dongsheng's tone of voice like a little adult: "Don't be afraid, Mom! I'll protect you!"

Xu Wen's heart warmed, "Well, thank you Dongsheng."

She wasn't actually scared, just startled.

There are so many reliable people outside, and unless the enemy invades the whole country, they will be safe.

It was trust in Lu Yuanzheng and trust in the green military uniform.

Sure enough, after a few gunshots, the island returned to silence.

Dongsheng had fallen asleep like a normal person. Xu Wen carried him to the small bed and opened the tent door himself.

The sea breeze is not as hot as during the day.

The searchlight of the sentry on the island shines on the sea, making it bright all around.

The entire camp was still quiet, and no family member yelled in panic. It was better to say it was calm than to say it was normal.

After a while, Lu Yuanzheng came running from a distance. Seeing Xu Wen, he breathed a sigh of relief and asked her softly: "Are you scared?"

Xu Wen shook his head and looked him up and down: "You're not hurt, are you?"

Lu Yuanzheng shook his head and held her hand as he walked around the tent, "Thanks to you, we had zero casualties. We also captured two prisoners and captured a boat."

"The gunshot was?"

"They jumped ship and ran away. It was just a warning."

Xu Wen breathed a sigh of relief and followed Lu Yuanzheng back to the tent.

Lu Yuanzheng took off his coat.

Xu Wen filled a basin of water, put a clean towel in the water and placed it on the washstand.

Lu Yuanzheng washed his face and wiped the sweat from his body.

Xu Wen walked behind the curtain and met honestly, both of them would be shy.

"Your method really works!" Lu Yuanzheng was happy when he thought of the miserable situation of those people. "Killing the first few people directly saved us a lot of trouble."

Xu Wen sighed softly: "This can't be used for a long time! It can only be used once or twice."

Her method was very simple and crude: to electrify the wire.

During the previous expedition, they applied for barbed wire to surround the island, and part of it arrived yesterday.

Because the quantity is still a bit short, and it's not available yet, I haven't put it on sale yet.

Seeing that everyone was injured today, Xu Wen proposed to temporarily block two wires.

The height of the wire does not need to be too high. The highest part needs to be supported by the hand to pass easily. If the lowest part is drilled, the person has to lift it up with the hand.

Lu Yuanzheng calculated silently, "In this case, the wire we have now is enough to go around the island twice."

"What effect can this have?" Shi Lei frowned, not even ordinary people could guard against this.

"Yes, just two iron wires will definitely not be able to protect against people. Then, what if the electricity is turned on?"

"ah?"

Xu Wen thought about this for a long time. She asked the magic mirror, and the magic mirror told her that jellyfish should not appear in groups during this season.

Xu Wen guessed that it was probably man-made.

The purpose is to weaken the island's combat effectiveness.

Xu Wen then thought of electrifying the wire.

Such a rough method wouldn't work anywhere else, but it would work on this island.

There are no ordinary people on this island, only officers and soldiers with orders and a few family members.

The officers and soldiers gave an order to never touch the wire.

It is not an exaggeration to say that the sisters-in-law who can stay on the island are half warriors, and they can definitely do it if they are not allowed to go out.

In this way, except for the sentry, most people can rest peacefully. Even if someone makes a surprise attack, they will be shocked or injured.

Lu Yuanzheng discussed it with Shi Lei and thought it was feasible, so he arranged for people from the cooking class to help lay out the wire.

Because they are the few non-wounded people on the island.

Several sisters-in-law also came to help, including Dongsheng and Xu Wen.

After turning off the lights at night, Lu Yuanzheng and the others energized the wire.

The wire was so loose that the first person on the island really didn't take it seriously. He stretched out his hand and touched it and was electrocuted on the spot.

The people behind him subconsciously tried to pull him, but they also shivered from the electric shock.

Afraid of accidental injury, Lu Yuanzheng and the others deliberately lowered the current so as not to kill anyone.

The man screamed when he was shocked suddenly.

At the same time, he startled his own people and the sentry.

The sentry lost power and blew a warning whistle.

The soldiers with mild symptoms immediately chased him out.

Missing their ship, they forced them to jump into the sea to escape.

The two people who had been electrocuted were so numb that they could not escape and could only be captured.

"We need to speed up the construction of the island! The defense must be built as soon as possible. From tomorrow on, we will divide the work. You will build the house, and I will lead the people to set up the defense. We can't always be so passive!"

Shi Lei nodded, "Yes. But we defend the island. This word "defend" determines our position. I know you like to charge into battle, but you have to adapt to this change of territory."

Lu Yuanzheng did not refute, "Yes, yes."

I don't know if Xu Wen's electric wire fence acted as a deterrent. For a while, the island was calm.

Everyone divides work and cooperates, and each performs his or her own responsibilities.

Rows of brand new wooden houses were built, and boatloads of supplies were shipped to the island.

Xu Wen and several of their family members were also idle, helping the soldiers in the cooking class to clear up wasteland.

The supply ship only came every few days, so it was easier to store the meat because Xu Wen had built a simple refrigerator.

But vegetables are not good, they go bad easily.

Therefore, the battalion headquarters called on the people in the cooking class to be self-sufficient.

In their spare time when cooking, they gradually opened up a grain area, a vegetable area, a fruit and vegetable area, as well as a poultry and livestock breeding area.

Chickens, ducks, sheep and cattle were all brought here.

Xu Wen rarely does hard work, not because she is squeamish, but because she is always assigned some difficult tasks.

Even, recently a new profession has been added, kindergarten teacher.

Chapter 60

Except for the new recruits, most of the people on the island knew Dongsheng. Many veterans or sisters-in-law had watched Dongsheng grow up.

So Dongsheng's changes are visible to everyone.

Although Dongsheng was adopted by Lu Yuanzheng in the past, Lu Yuanzheng spent more than half of the year outside. Even in the compound, he was busy with military affairs, so he often fostered Dongsheng in the family building.

Therefore, Dongsheng can be regarded as growing up eating food from hundreds of families.

Lu Yuanzheng is very strict, and Dongsheng is also well-behaved and sensible.

It's just that sometimes I'm a little too well-behaved, and when I talk to people I always end up being a little bit flattering.

He was young and didn't show it obviously.

After following Xu Wen, Xu Wen took care of him most of the time.

Xu Wen himself was a child who grew up in a high-quality education, and his education concept must be much more advanced than that of people of this era.

During the road expedition to recuperate, the family of three stayed together.

Now Dongsheng is still well-behaved and sensible, but he is more lively and less timid than a child should be.

If he was just a kid from a courtyard who grew up eating a lot of food in the past, now he feels a bit like a young master from a wealthy family.

The clothes are still as poor as ever, which is a change in temperament and behavior.

There are also cultural changes.

Dongsheng, who has just turned four, understands a lot that he should not understand at his age.

Maybe he can't memorize hundreds of ancient poems, but he can do simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.

He will know some very practical knowledge that he should not know at his age.

One time, Dongsheng and Gensheng, the sister-in-law of Li's family, were playing in the open space of the camp while Li's sister-in-law and the others were washing clothes nearby.

Wang Ying held her child and sat in the shade to rest, watching Dongsheng and Gensheng laughing and playing there.

Wang Ying suddenly sighed: "The children brought up by these college students are just different."

One of the sisters-in-law did not want to hear such words, so she responded by asking: "What's the difference? Dongsheng grew up in the courtyard since he was a child. He eats the same rice and plays with the same mud as our children." Xu asked sister-in-law How many days can I take care of the child and still bring out the flowers in Dongsheng?"

"That's right! You're just trying to get into trouble. Sister-in-law, it's not like we talk too much. Although Squad Leader Zhao is tall and thick, he has nothing to say to you. Now that you have children, at least you should think more about them, right? You always think For yourself, even if you get into college, your life may not be easy. Look at Xu Wen's sister-in-law, who got into a prestigious university. Don't you still have to endure hardships and hardships with us on this desert island for the sake of men and children? "

"She is her and I am me! I'm not as enlightened as her, right? You can't stand me anyway!" Wang Ying's eyes turned red with grievance, and she walked back with the child in her arms.

Sister-in-law Li said about the sister-in-law who persuaded Wang Ying: "Why did you provoke her? Now Gangzi comes back from a day's work and is so exhausted that he still has to coax her."

The sister-in-law sighed and shook her head: "I really can't hold it back. You said the same is true for Squad Leader Zhao. We are just an ordinary commoner. If we take off his skin, aren't we just a poor boy from the countryside? We have to look forward to a down-and-out phoenix like Wang Ying! Every day! Those days were crazy!"

"Pull him down! If Phoenix is ​​like Wang Ying, who would like Phoenix? Only a sister-in-law like Xu Wen deserves to be called Phoenix, right?"

Sister-in-law Li said nothing and looked at Dongsheng and Gensheng blankly.

The sister-in-law next to her touched Sister-in-law Li, "Sister-in-law, why are you so dazed?"

Sister-in-law Li came back to her senses and rubbed her clothes while raising her chin to indicate where the children were playing: "Look carefully, Dongsheng seems to have changed a lot from before. Just playing in the sand has so many tricks. I think Wang Ying You said something right. The children brought up by these college students are just different."

I just play blindly in the sand.

Dongsheng is different. He can build castles on the sand, draw pictures, etc.

Building a castle is not just a random pile of dirt like Gensheng, but a very serious plan, with words in mind.

Talking about laying a foundation, talking about length, height and width.

When I was painting, I stuck my butt out and pinched a branch and painted one stroke at a time. Although the painting was not very good, it was similar in spirit.

If the root is born, it will be scratched.

The difference was so obvious that the sisters-in-law looked at it and nodded in agreement.

"Indeed. Now Dongsheng feels more and more like when he first joined the army in Luying. Even if Luying is mixed with these big guys now, you can't pick anyone out. When he first came, he was always jokingly called 'Babyface', although it doesn't isolate him, it does tease him a lot."

"But the road camp didn't teach Dongsheng to be like this before. Dongsheng has come to my house many times before. Sometimes I feel sad when I look at this child. He is not as sensible as a child. He is afraid of causing us trouble. angry."

"Yes! This child has changed a lot now. Now when you see me, you still look like Aunt Sun. When you come to my house to play, you follow the rules as before, but not so... Anyway, he is not so restrained and very polite. If you don't mind, thank you. Talk about it."

Sister-in-law Li nodded: "You see, the children on our island are not too old now. The oldest is only six years old. The older children have stayed in the city or gone back to their hometowns to go to school. But now they all go to nurseries, so here we are There's no nursery either. Otherwise, let's discuss it with sister-in-law Xu Wen and ask her to help us teach our children."

"This..." The other sisters-in-law were a little excited, but still hesitant, "Okay, okay. But Xu Wen's sister-in-law is also the battalion commander's wife. Should we let her be a kindergarten teacher? Besides, Xu Wen's sister-in-law is not idle either. Look at all the things she is tinkering with, which one of us wouldn't benefit from following her? Isn't it inappropriate to take up her time? "

Sister-in-law Li sighed: "That will definitely cause trouble for her. But we don't want to raise our children as wild children, right? I don't know how long it will take for this island to become popular. Most of the people who come to join the army are unable to do so in their hometowns. Those who are idle or unwilling to be separated from their own men. If you get your wish, you can't really ignore the child, right? For example, Dafa is six years old, and it stands to reason that he should be in the first grade in the fall. If you want to stay here, wait for the vacation next year and return to your hometown. Is it fair to say that other people's children can read and write and we send them away only to fishing in the sea?"

Dafa's mother sighed: "Who says it's not the case? That's all it used to be. Boys! If you raise them like this, don't you have to do hard work? If it doesn't work, you can send them to the army. But times are different now! College entrance examination After all, who doesn't hope that their children will become talented? I'm not like Niuniu's sister-in-law, who is somewhat educated and can teach Niuniu to read and count. I dare not compare with Xu Wen's sister-in-law. I even discussed it with our Lao Wang a few days ago. No, I will take my children back to my hometown in a few months."

"Don't you even have a place to live when you go back to your hometown?"

Dafa's mother sighed: "Isn't it? There are three houses in my hometown, Lao Wang and his five brothers. Now the fourth brother is married, and there is not even a side room left. It is difficult no matter what! But we adults can make do with it no matter what. , Don't delay your child's future."

"So, we still have to discuss it with Sister-in-law Xu Wen. Ask her to help teach the child."

There are a total of six children among these sisters-in-law who are accompanying the army, and together with Sister-in-law Li's family, there are seven children.

The youngest in Wang Ying's family is still holding and sucking milk, so she doesn't need to be counted.

There is also a one-and-a-half-year-old child, which cannot be counted for the time being.

There are five left, three boys and two girls, all about the same age, and they are all about to go to kindergarten.

After some discussion, the sisters-in-law decided to shamelessly come to ask for help.

Xu Wen hesitated.

Frankly speaking, she doesn't really like children.

Just because she is close to Dongsheng doesn't mean she is willing to be a kindergarten teacher.

But there are so many sisters-in-law asking for help but they can't even refuse.

Sister-in-law Li had interacted with Xu Wen a lot and knew that Xu Wen and Xijing didn't like to make noise, so she discussed with her: "You can help us first. Spend one or two hours a day teaching them. When the island can be settled in the future, we will Find a way to hire a kindergarten teacher. Now that you can go to college, no one wants to delay your child. I have no choice but to trouble you."

Of course Xu Wen knew the situation on the island. He bit his lower lip and agreed.

Teaching these children is not difficult for Xu Wen. What is difficult is what to teach.

Fortunately, there is a universal magic mirror.

"What do you usually learn in Mirror Mirror Kindergarten?"

"Mirror, Mirror, how many Chinese characters does a three- to six-year-old child generally need to recognize?"

"Mirror Mirror, what were the kindergarten books like in the 1970s?"

"..."

Based on the information provided by the magic mirror, Xu Wen made a general teaching plan and spent some time preparing lessons every day.

When Lu Yuanzheng saw it, he praised her for solving the problem of the next generation on the island, and was very active in supporting her work. Not only did he give her a writing desk, he also had someone make a blackboard for her.

It's actually just a bit of black paint painted on the wooden boards, but there is no black paint on the island.

Lu Yuanzheng asked people to take out all the used batteries of the aluminum flashlight, take out all the carbon rods inside, and draw a blackboard for Xu Wen.

As for chalk, there is no chalk. Fortunately, you can pick up a small stone and write on it.

But writing on paper and writing on a blackboard are two different things.

Xu Wen looked pretty good when he wrote on the paper, but when he wrote on the blackboard, it often tilted upwards.

It's not ugly, just a little unsightly.

When Lu Yuanzheng saw Xu Wen, he almost wiped away the black background they had finally painted on, so he had to pick up a stone for her and write the Chinese characters he wanted to teach her on the blackboard.

Xu Wen looked at the standard writing on the blackboard, which was horizontal and vertical, and felt a little bitter: "Why do you know everything?"

The writing on the blackboard is better than what she writes.

Lu Yuanzheng threw the stone and patted the dust on his hands: "We march and fight and we don't always sit in the office. Sometimes when the conditions are bad, we can still draw a map on the sand! I can still draw a straight line when the boat is shaking."

"Awesome!" Xu Wen gave a thumbs up, "Speaking of painting. Do you also know how to paint? Children like beautiful things." She pointed to the corner of the blackboard, "Can you paint some more decorations?"

Lu Yuanzheng glanced at her and obediently drew some shells and fish.

Xu Wen narrowed his eyes.

I'm afraid I won't be able to master this painting technique in a year or two.

Does this man of his own have many secrets?

After seeing Xu Wen's teaching, each company spontaneously donated paper and pen.

Xu Wen usually teaches for an hour or two each after breakfast and before dinner.

When she teaches reading, arithmetic, etc., she does not simply ask the children to memorize them, but teaches them through fun and entertainment.

Sometimes things are taught just by playing games.

Some soldiers who are uneducated and want to make progress will automatically move to a bench and learn from them.

However, they have to work and cannot learn the entire course. They often only learn for half an hour at most.

A few days later, as soon as the morning classes were over or work was done in the afternoon, the soldiers would rush back, eager to learn a few more words.

Shi Lei was unbalanced. He pinched his waist and asked for directions: "We used to be on the shore, and when there was no war, we would teach cultural classes two days a week from time to time? Which of these bastards didn't pinch their temples and cover their stomachs to ask for leave? ?Even if I come to class, the snoring will be louder than my lecture for a while!"

Lu Yuanzheng raised his eyelids and glanced at Shi Lei, "Maybe it's because you are not as good-looking as my wife!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.5K 334 13
Liang Huan is a fast-traveling boss. When she completed the system task and was about to return to the real world, the system made a mistake. She tra...
73.2K 807 15
One-sentence introduction: The triplets beautiful mother's baby raising handbook. (Sea island, army, triplets, mother, raising a baby, starting a bus...
49.5K 495 16
70s, Daily Life on Island (七零海岛日常) Author: Lin Aludong Lin Tao is a coffin, and the villagers think she is unlucky. The eccentric grandmother wants...
22.1K 222 8
Head Zhou brought back a soft and stunning beauty, everyone on the island didn't like it, after all, life here is too hard, and to marry a daughter-i...