✔️ 70's Stepmother's daily li...

By CNovel_Reader

70's Stepmother's daily life of raising a baby (七零后妈咸鱼带娃日常) Author: Survival through writing https://quanben... More

Chapter 1-10
Chapter 11-20
Chapter 21-30
Chapter 31-40
Chapter 51-60
Chapter 61-70
Chapter 71-80
Chapter 81-90
Chapter 91-100
Chapter 101-110
Chapter 111-120
Chapter 121-130
Chapter 131-140
Chapter 141-150
Chapter 151-160
Chapter 161-170
Chapter 171-180
Chapter 181-190
Chapter 191-201 (end)

Chapter 41-50

2.4K 26 0
By CNovel_Reader

Chapter 41

When Xu Wen and Dong Sheng rushed to Haicheng all the way, it happened to be New Year's Eve.

Haicheng is not a well-known big city, at least this is the first time Xu Wen has heard of and visited it in his life.

She currently only knows one thing about Haicheng, which is the First Naval Hospital of the Southern Military Region.

Because Lu Yuanzheng is in this hospital.

The train station in Haicheng is very small, so you are not afraid of getting lost.

It's just that Xu Wen didn't understand the language here, and he didn't even dare to drive a car, for fear that the mother and son would be dragged away and sold by bad guys without knowing.

Without a mobile phone or navigation, Xu Wen held Dongsheng's hand and stood at the exit of Haicheng Railway Station at eight o'clock, feeling confused.

After waiting for a while, Dongsheng shook Xu Wen's hand: "Mom, are we waiting for dad to pick us up?"

"Your dad probably can't wait." Xu Wen shook his head, "I heard that your dad is still in a coma. But, I don't know how to get to the hospital."

"We can ask someone else."

Xu Wen smiled bitterly: "I want to ask too, but I can't understand what they are saying."

"I can understand." Dongsheng let go of Xu Wen's hand and ran away.

Xu Wen quickly picked up his luggage and chased him, shouting at him: "Lu Dongsheng, I'm going to be angry if you run around!"

She got lost in a busy train station, where could she find someone?

Dongsheng stopped on the roadside and chatted with a driver riding a three-wheeler.

Xu Wen was shocked that Dongsheng actually knew the local language.

Dongsheng was a little troubled after listening to it for a while, frowned and asked Xu Wen, "Mom, what should I do if I can't remember the route he mentioned?"

Xu asked: "..."

It's amazing that a three- or four-year-old child can remember so many words.

"Can you help Mama ask how much it costs to take his car from here to the hospital?"

After listening to Dongsheng's words, the man looked Xu Wen up and down and made a gesture with his fingers.

"A dime?"

"He said one piece."

Xu Wen snorted and held Dongsheng in his arms, "Let's go, let's take the bus."

It's not that I'm reluctant to give up the money, it's just that judging by the look on the coachman's face, I definitely don't need a dollar.

It's okay for him to just rip off customers, but what if he really has bad intentions? Or the bus is safe.

There is a bus stop not far from the station. It seems that there are no buses to this hospital.

When the first bus arrived, Xu Wen took Dongsheng on the bus and asked Dongsheng to ask which bus should he take to get to the hospital.

After Dongsheng asked, the driver opened the door again.

Xu Wen looked at Dongsheng, and Dongsheng said: "Uncle the driver said to take bus 12 directly."

Xu Wen frowned, not seeing any direct station, but still politely thanked him.

She couldn't understand the driver, but the driver could still understand her.

While waiting for Route 12, Xu Wen carefully studied the bus route and found that he did not find the words "Naval Hospital". There was only one hospital with a hospital on the entire parking stop route map called 422 Hospital.

Much later, Xu Wen found out that, like army numbers, hospitals also had numerical designations.

And even if there is a bus stop sign at the entrance of a certain military unit, it will not be displayed on the route map, and Baidu cannot even find it.

But this is a story for later. Xu Wen, who was ignorant, realized through practice that Hospital 422 was the First Hospital of the Navy despite the language barrier. It was already two hours later.

After the mother and son got off the bus, their mouths were dry.

When he entered the hospital and asked about Lu Yuanzheng's ward, he thought it would take a lot of effort. Unexpectedly, he asked casually and the nurse knew it and told Xu Wen: "Hospital Unit 1, second floor, bed 17."

Xu Wen was a little confused. Are the medical staff here high-quality enough to remember clearly the information of every injured and hospitalized officer or soldier?

With this question, Xu Wen found the 17th bed on the second floor of the first floor of the hospital.

The hospital in the 1970s was still quite simple. The wards were as big as classrooms, with a dozen or twenty beds in one ward.

Severely ill patients like Lu Yuanzheng live in single rooms, the kind that will still be in the ICU decades later.

Xu Wen found the ward where Lu Yuanzheng was, knocked on the door and went in.

There was only Lu Yuanzheng lying on his bed in the ward, and no one was seen accompanying him.

This kind of road expedition was a bit miserable. In such a hot day, most of the body was wrapped in a mummy. The skin on the face was bruised and bruised, and one of the closed eyes was swollen.

"Mama, is this my dad?" Dongsheng was a little afraid to recognize him.

Xu Wen sighed softly: "Yes."

It was a bit miserable, and it was barely recognizable.

Fortunately, he is still alive at last.

It was a hot day, and a ceiling fan in the room was spinning loudly. Lu Yuanzheng's upper body was aching.

Strictly speaking, it's not considered adultery, after all, most of the body is covered with bandages.

After a while, Xu Wen finally noticed something was wrong. He looked back at Dongsheng, who was studying Lu Yuanzheng, and asked him: "Dongsheng, aren't you sad that dad is injured like this?"

Shouldn't normal children cry immediately?

When she saw Lu Yuanzheng, her nose felt sour, but Dongsheng seemed to be... accustomed to it?

Sure enough, I heard Dongsheng say: "I'm not sad. Every time my father comes back, he always goes to the hospital first and then sees me. No, I see him. It's just that this time there seems to be the most bandages. Dad said that being able to come back alive is lucky. If you are lucky, why should you be sad? ?"

Xu asked: "..."

What kind of thoughts are being instilled in children?

I can't say it's wrong.

Xu Wen sighed softly and touched Dongsheng's head: "It is indeed lucky to be alive, but injuries can also be very painful and sad. Being hospitalized is not a matter of course. Injuries happen to everyone. It's a disaster, and it's a sad thing. Dad doesn't want you to be sad, so he's telling you this."

"Is daddy in pain now?"

Xu Wen nodded: "It should be very painful. Think about it, you usually feel pain when you break a little bit of skin. Dad will definitely feel pain if he breaks so many places on his body!"

Dongsheng groaned, very puzzled: "It can be like this before, and dad even said it doesn't hurt!"

"He said it didn't hurt because he was strong, not because the wound didn't hurt." Xu Wen was in a bit of pain. How did he teach his children?

No matter what he says, Dongsheng is calmer than other children when facing pain.

It's hard to say, but this in itself shows disrespect for casualties and will give Dongsheng some misconceptions.

After all, in the final analysis, Lu Yuanzheng "cheated" Dongsheng.

"Oh." Dongsheng nodded, resting his hands on the edge of the bed and stretching his neck to breathe on Lu Yuanzheng's wound.

At this time, a young man in military uniform carrying a water bottle came in. He was stunned when he saw Xu Wen: "Comrade, who are you?"

"Hello, my name is Xu Wen, I am Lu Yuanzheng..." Xu Wen pointed to the sickly mummy, "My lover."

"Oh oh oh! Sister-in-law!" The young man put the green hollow aluminum kettle in his hand on the bedside table and smiled shyly, "Why are you here? You didn't say hello in advance so I could pick you up at the station. "

Xu Wen smiled and said nothing.

I thought to myself: I would like to say hello and find someone to pick me up, but the problem is that no one has a way to say hello to me.

"Sister-in-law, please sit down first. Haven't you eaten yet? I'll buy some food for you and the child."

Before Xu Wen had time to refuse, the young man had already trotted away.

Xu asked: "..."

"Dongsheng, do you know him?"

Dongsheng shook his head and nodded again: "It seems a bit familiar."

After a while, the young man came back, but he didn't come back alone. There were two more people around him.

The young man pointed to one of them and introduced it to Xu Wen, "Sister-in-law, this is our battalion commander..."

Before he finished speaking, Dongsheng rushed towards the man: "Uncle Song!"

"Song Xueqin." The young man finished.

Xu Wen nodded quickly: "Hello, Commander Song."

"Hello, Comrade Xiao Xu, I've heard your name for a long time. Speaking of which, I have to thank you for helping us find the road, Comrade Yuanzheng." Battalion Commander Song hugged Dongsheng into his arms, "You kid hasn't grown taller in half a year. It's a lot stronger!"

Xu asked: "???" What do you think I can help you with?

Another person took the initiative to reach out and shake Xu Wen's hand, "Hello, sister-in-law, my name is Dong Chao, and I'm the one calling you. That's right, Lu Lian was discovered by his brother's unit and sent to the hospital before we found him. However, he was seriously injured and unconscious. He did not have any documents on him. The hospital did not know which unit he belonged to and failed to notify us in time. Judging from the information we received, Lu Lian basically had no chance of survival, so we opened it according to regulations. The suicide note he deposited and sent to you as per his request.

I just didn't expect it would cause you and the child so much trouble. "

Dong Chao smiled apologetically.

Xu Wen shook his head: "It doesn't matter. How did you find him? Is it related to me?"

"Yes. Just because of your article." Dong Chao pointed to the newspaper rack in the corner of the room. "It's a coincidence that when he came for ward rounds that day, an intern accidentally knocked over the newspaper rack and dropped the newspaper on the ground. He saw this article and thought it was interesting and read a few sentences. Maybe people are more interested in their own names. Sensitive, Lu Lian opened his eyes when he heard his name, said, "I'm not dead yet!" and fainted again.

There was a doctor who responded quickly and thought he must be Lu Yuanzheng, so he announced the news within the army. We inquired and came to see that it was really him. I also read the newspaper. I was afraid that you would have a hard time at home, so I gave you a call. Unexpectedly, you came here in person. "

At that time, Dong Chao called Xu Wen just to tell Xu Wen that although Lu Yuanzheng was seriously injured, he was out of danger after timely treatment. Tell her not to worry. In addition, they also told Xu Wen that they had notified the newspaper and radio station to remove the news about Lu Yuanzheng. After all, Lu Yuanzheng was still alive.

Xu Wen didn't say anything at the time. He only asked about Lu Yuanzheng's current situation and the location of the hospital. Unexpectedly, he came without saying a word.

These days, it is really rare for female comrades to dare to travel far alone.

As soon as the orderly responsible for taking care of Lu Yuanzheng reported, Song Xueqin came with Dong Chao.

After hearing what Dong Chao said, Xu Wen thanked him one after another.

"In this case, Comrade Xu Wen. You are already very tired after traveling a long distance. Why don't you stay at our compound guest house for one night and come back to see him tomorrow morning?" Song Xueqin came to pick up Xu Wen.

Xu Wen was indeed a little tired.

Taking trains these days, ordinary people can only buy tickets, and she is not eligible for sleeper tickets.

Still carrying luggage with Dongsheng, I almost didn't dare to close my eyes, I was really tired.

Xu Wen thanked him and took Song Xueqin's car to the compound.

Xu Wen's palms were so nervous that her palms were sweating. The scene she had seen in the TV series before was now happening to her.

Song Xueqin could tell that she was nervous, so he took the initiative to talk to her: "I also read the newspaper. Are you still the top scorer in the college entrance examination?"

Xu Wen modestly said: "Good luck."

"It's not like you're lucky enough to get the top prize!" Song Xueqin shook his head, "You are a good comrade, and so is Lu Yuanzheng."

Just as Xu Wen was about to say something more modest, he heard Song Xueqin mutter: "This brat! He really knows how to choose a partner!"

Xu asked: "..."

Chapter 42

The guest house is located in the military compound and has a separate building.

Song Xueqin personally sent Xu Wen to the room on the second floor and left.

The facilities of the one-bedroom, one-living-room and one-bathroom rooms are simple and extremely clean.

Entering the door is a square living room, which is very small, with a wooden square table taking up nearly half of the space.

The bedroom only has a wooden double bed, a set of wardrobes standing on the wall, and a row of hanging wooden cabinets on the top. There is a large window and a large balcony.

The sheets were so flat that Xu Wen was a little afraid to sit down.

Dongsheng was very used to it. When he went to the hospital, he greeted Xu Wen: "Mom, come and have a rest."

Xu asked: "..."

Why does she, a person who has lived two lifetimes, still feel like Grandma Liu entering the Grand View Garden?

After thinking for a while, Xu Wen found the answer himself.

Probably because no matter how many lifetimes there are, the place where I am now will not be open to the public. Most people have never been there, which is normal.

Thinking of this, Xu Wen felt somewhat proud for no reason.

"How about taking a shower first and then resting?" Xu Wen discussed with Dongsheng.

They are all very sleepy now, and they are afraid that they will not want to get up and take a shower once they get into bed.

But the journey was so tiring and the whole body was filled with a strange smell.

"Mom, can I sleep for a while before washing?" Dongsheng yawned and closed his eyes as he spoke.

Xu Wen shook his head and went to take a shower himself.

Xu Wen was woken up by a knock on the door.

Xu Wen opened the door, and there was a female soldier standing outside the door, holding two lunch boxes in her hands.

"I'm sorry to bother you, right? It's like this. We all go to the canteen on time to eat here. If you just came here, I'm afraid you don't know where the canteen is, so I brought you a meal. Once you have rested, I will take you there tomorrow Take a walk around the courtyard."

"Ah?" Xu Wen's eyes widened, "Can I go shopping?"

She remembered that she saw a line of large characters written outside the gate in the car yesterday: This is a military important area and entry is strictly prohibited.

Can you just hang out once you're inside?

The female soldier smiled and explained: "Of course you can't go shopping in the restricted area, but you can go shopping in other places. There is also a family area in the courtyard, so everyone must not be allowed to go out."

Xu Wen thanked him and took the lunch box.

After returning to the house, I saw Dongsheng was also awake and sitting on the bed, rubbing his eyes, and asked him to take a bath, wash hands, and eat.

Although I could breathe into ice in Weizhuang Commune, I still wear single clothes here.

Dongsheng said oh and went to take a bath obediently. There is a shower here and Dongsheng can wash himself.

After dinner, it was still very bright. Xu Wen wanted to go see Lu Yuanzheng, but he didn't know who to ask if he could go out. How should he come back after he went out?

Had to stay in the room.

"Mama, do you want to go out for a walk?"

"Have you lived here before?"

Dongsheng shook his head, "I don't live here, but I've been here with dad a few times."

Xu Wen thought for a while, but still hesitated: "Will we be arrested if we wander around?"

Dongsheng shook his head: "No! I run by myself every time I come here. No one catches me?"

Xu Wen then followed Dongsheng downstairs.

The guest house is located in the northeast corner of the entire compound, but not the northeasternmost because there is a company or battalion on the right.

Xu Wen still couldn't tell the difference between them.

On the left is a lobby, probably used for meetings.

On the road there were soldiers coming and going, walking in groups of three or two.

There are some tropical plants planted on the roadside, and there are many fruit trees.

There are many types of mango, banana, and papaya.

The crossroads was a T-junction, and the D-section was an important military area. A separate courtyard was enclosed and a sign with eight characters was written: This is an important military area, and no idlers can enter it.

Xu Wen breathed a sigh of relief, now he didn't have to worry about getting into trouble if he went the wrong way.

Places that were originally inaccessible will be marked separately.

Dongsheng ran in front, Xu Wen followed behind, first going downhill and then turning right, until he reached the end and turned left.

Xu Wen raised his eyebrows, Dongsheng was too familiar with the road, and he didn't know where to take her?

Finally, Dongsheng stopped.

Xu Wen looked carefully and saw that this was a four-story building.

"Where is this?"

"Family building."

"What are we doing here?"

"Find someone to take us to see dad. Don't you want to see dad?"

Xu asked: "..."

I don't think I said it.

"Aunt Tian!" Dongsheng raised his voice like a trumpet and shouted upstairs.

Xu Wen quickly covered Dongsheng's mouth, looked around, and said to him: "Shouting so loudly in public will disturb others."

As soon as Xu Wen finished speaking, the door of a room at the end of the third floor opened. Someone stood on the balcony and looked down. He saw Dongsheng waving his hand, looking very happy, "Little Dongsheng? I haven't seen you for a long time! Come up quickly."

Dongsheng shook his head: "Aunt Tian, ​​I want to borrow a bicycle to visit dad."

"Then wait for me, I'll come down right away."

Xu Wen had a headache and asked Dongsheng: "Even if I borrow a bicycle, do you know the way? Can we come back after we go out?"

Dongsheng groaned, blinked, and apologized: "I'm sorry, I didn't think about it that much."

"It's okay. But, can you discuss it with mom first next time?"

"good."

While mother and son were talking, Aunt Tian had already gone downstairs.

"Little Dongsheng, let Auntie give me a hug!" Aunt Tian picked up Dongsheng, "Hey, I haven't seen you for half a year, and I have grown taller and heavier!"

Xu Wen raised his eyebrows, his friendly tone...

"Who is this?"

"I'm mom."

Aunt Tian groaned and looked Xu Wen up and down with doubts in her eyes.

Xu Wen had no choice but to introduce himself: "Hello, my name is Xu Wen. I am... Lu Yuanzheng's lover." I thought that if I know Dongsheng, I should also know Lu Yuanzheng, right?

Sure enough, Aunt Tian looked stunned: "Oh, Zhengzi's wife! Ah? Zhengzi is married?"

Xu asked: "..."

Aunt Tian pulled Xu Wen inside, "Sister-in-law, let's go home and have a meal before we talk. After dinner, I'll take you to the hospital."

Xu Wen was shocked and a little at a loss: "I..." He seems to be much younger than you.

This Aunt Tian looks like she must be in her forties, why call her sister-in-law?

Aunt Tian saw Xu Wen's embarrassment and explained with a smile: "In the compound, all military wives have only one title: sister-in-law. No matter how old you are, when I see you here, I will call you sister-in-law. Just get used to it slowly." "

Xu Wen suddenly realized what he was saying and quickly declined: "Sister-in-law, I won't go to dinner. Dongsheng and I just had dinner. It was a meal given by a lesbian."

"That's it! Then you wait for me, I'll change my clothes and go to the hospital with you. Don't worry, it's very close to the hospital, so there won't be any delay."

Xu Wen looked at Aunt Tian who had climbed up two floors while speaking and asked Dongsheng: "Is this aunt from our place?"

Dongsheng nodded: "Dad said we are from the same city."

Xu Wen thought no wonder, this familiar local accent also has a cheerful personality.

After a while, Aunt Tian came down and pointed to a bicycle downstairs with an iron frame welded on the front: "You can ride that one! You can take care of your children."

The iron frame is a semicircle, about ten centimeters high, with wooden boards on the bottom and a layer of soft cushions on top of the wooden boards.

Xu Wen thanked him, pushed on his bicycle, and followed Aunt Tian.

When they arrived at the door, the guard opened the door for them to let them through.

Along the way, I listened to Aunt Tian talking.

"When did you and Zhengzi get married? Why didn't you hear from him last time he came here? But the last time he came here was more than half a year ago. I didn't expect that this time I would almost not be able to see him..."

Although there was a series of questions, Xu Wen couldn't find any room to answer them.

After finally waiting for her to finish asking, she picked up the questions she still remembered and answered them.

The hospital is very close to the compound, and it takes more than ten minutes to ride a bicycle.

The person who stayed with the bed in the hospital had been replaced. He looked like a new recruit, but he also knew Aunt Tian. When he saw her, he honestly called her sister-in-law.

Xu Wen thought, it turns out that she is really a sister-in-law no matter her age.

Aunt Tian responded and asked him: "How are you? Still not awake?"

The young soldier shook his head, "Not yet."

"what did the doctor say?"

"The doctor said he should wake up in the next two days. If he doesn't wake up..." the soldier shook his head and did not continue.

Aunt Tian frowned: "How could this happen? Didn't you say that your life is out of danger?"

"The doctor said that my life is temporarily out of danger."

But everyone will automatically ignore the word temporary.

Aunt Tian groaned, looked at the road to Yuanzheng, then at Xu Wen, and called to Dongsheng: "Come on, come with me to buy something for your dad." She looked at the soldier again.

The soldier was smart. When he saw that Aunt Tian was trying to clear the place, he quickly picked up the kettle and left: "I'll get water."

Xu Wen sharply saw the kettle shaking and bubbling at the stopper, indicating that there was quite a bit of water in it.

Xu Wen, who was clearly arranged, smiled gratefully at Aunt Tian.

Aunt Tian is a secretive but very kind person.

The afterglow of the setting sun came in through the window, shrouding Lu Yuanzheng's upper body in dim light.

Xu Wen sat by the bed, rarely having time to carefully look at his newlywed husband after half a year's absence.

Although the appearance is a bit miserable, one can still vaguely see the good appearance before.

Xu Wen raised his hand and tapped the tip of Xialu Yuanzheng's nose, complaining softly: "You promised me to come back alive!"

He is alive now, but only alive.

"I don't want to live like this. I hope you can come back in good health."

"I'm getting married for the first time in my life!"

"I said, if you want me to be a widow, I will just take your son and pay for the house and remarry!"

"Oh, yes, Lu Yuanzheng, I have been admitted to college! I am going to study in the capital."

"I will not leave Dongsheng to your uncle. I have told them Dongsheng's life experience, so don't blame me. At that time, I thought you really... died. I won't tell you if you know that you are still alive."

"..."

As Xu Wen spoke, a sour feeling rose up at the tip of his nose, and his vision began to blur.

Xu Wen raised his hand and picked out an uninjured spot on his chest and poked it twice, "As far as food is concerned, fat is like a pig! Lu Yuanzheng, don't you think you want to be a pig?"

Lu Yuanzheng remained ignorant and unresponsive.

Xu Wen stood up and sat back on the wooden chair beside the bed, resting his chin on the edge of the bed with his hands, "Do you think I can take good care of Dongsheng if I take him to university? I don't know if the current university courses are not satisfactory. If there are no classes, can I rent a suitable house, and is there a kindergarten near the university?"

"If I can't take care of both going to school and being a winter student, I'd better drop out of school or take a leave of absence."

"Now there's one more you to take care of... No, it doesn't seem like you need me to take care of you.

In TV dramas, a dying husband requires his wife to sign a consent form for surgery. You don't seem to need this step. Your comrades seem to be more reliable than me and take good care of you. "

It's really good. On such a hot day, Lu Yuanzheng was wrapped up like this and none of his wounds became infected or inflamed. At first glance, it can be seen that the doctor is dedicated and the care is responsible.

Xu Wen lowered his head and happened to see Lu Yuanzheng's hands hanging on his sides.

His hand suddenly moved.

Chapter 43

Xu Wen blinked.

Lu Yuanzheng's hand still hung quietly aside.

Xu Wen suspected that he had just seen it wrong, and sighed softly: "It's all thanks to you! It makes me feel that my eyesight is not good at such a young age!"

Xu Wen rattled off all the words he had been saving up for half a year.

After saying that, he felt much more relaxed and smiled, "It's great that you are still alive!"

Lu Yuanzheng's fingers moved again.

This time Xu Wen was sure that he had read it correctly, and he quickly stood up from his chair and ran out.

"doctor......"

When Xu Wen arrived with the doctor on duty, Lu Yuanzheng had already opened his eyes.

Just open it!

The eyes that were so swollen that there was only a slit left seemed almost as if they were not open.

The doctor on duty examined Lu Yuanzheng and first comforted Xu Wen: "Don't worry, he is fine! He will be discharged from the hospital after he recovers." Then he turned to look at Lu Yuanzheng and smiled: "You are such a comrade. Good luck! I learned a lot from you."

The doctor made a horoscope sign with his right hand, "I have issued eight critical illness notices for you! You have occupied our best operating room twenty-three times!"

Lu Yuanzheng moved his head and glanced at Xu Wen.

Unfortunately, his eyes were so swollen that the doctor on duty didn't see what he meant and kept saying: "Do you know how many miracles you have created for our hospital? This group of interns no longer have to worry about running out of materials to write papers. !you......"

Lu Yuanzheng interrupted him with a hoarse voice: "Get out!"

Xu asked: "..."

Are you polite to speak like this to your savior?

Lu Yuanzheng saw Xu Wen's thoughts, swallowed his saliva to moisten his burning throat, and said, "We know him."

In fact, they are very familiar with each other, that's why they speak so freely.

The doctor on duty had now come to realize that Lu Yuanzheng was not allowed to tell the lesbian about his injury. So he quickly made up for it and asked Xu with a smile: "Sister-in-law, don't worry! As the saying goes, 'Good people don't live long, but harm will last for thousands of years!' He is a frequent visitor to our hospital, and he always comes dozens of times a year, and he is always alive and well in the end. . Even the king of hell won't accept him!"

Xu asked: "..." He was not comforted.

Lu Yuanzheng chased people away again: "Get out of here!"

"Follow your orders!" The doctor on duty walked out with the folder under his arm, not forgetting to tell Xu Wen: "Sister-in-law, give him some water! Listen to that hoarse voice like a drake and he's still cursing! He opens his mouth to drive away customers."

Lu Yuanzheng swore that he would deal with him when he went to the ground!

Xu Wen thought for a while, then dipped a cotton swab in warm water to wet Lu Yuanzheng's lips.

He mixed some warm water and helped him up.

Lu Yuanzheng's face instantly turned pale, and a thin layer of sweat formed on his forehead.

"I'm sorry!" Xu Wen apologized hastily: "Where did you touch?"

Lu Yuanzheng shook his head, "It's okay."

After drinking some water, Lu Yuanzheng's throat felt better and he asked her, "Why are you here?"

Xu asked: "..."

"It's a long story, do you want to listen?"

Lu Yuanzheng smiled and nodded.

Xu Wen spoke in an unhurried manner, with her own rhythm, and her voice was clear and crisp. It was a pleasure to listen to her speak.

He had just woken up and had no energy to speak, so he was content to listen to her talk.

Xu Wen briefly told what happened from when he received his suicide note to now.

"I'm sorry! Not only did I offend your uncle, but I also wiped out Dongsheng's life experience." Xu Wen was a little embarrassed. Although she didn't regret it, she thought she would be cut off from them for the rest of her life when she was angry at her uncle. Kinship.

Without the bond of the expedition, they were not familiar with each other at all.

Who would have thought that Lu Yuanzheng was still alive? Wouldn't it be embarrassing to go back now?

Lu Yuanzheng shook his head: "It's okay." He paused and said with a hint of apology, "I've made you feel wronged."

"There's no mention of grievances. I didn't suffer any loss anyway." Xu Wen thought for a while, "There is a good chance that your uncle will not have a good life this year."

Can you live well? Only then was he punished by the commune. The officials were also masturbated and their rations were withheld. What made them most uneasy was that Xu Wen and his son had been completely offended, but Lu Yuanzheng was still alive.

Lu Yuanzheng sighed softly: "It was my negligence."

He believed that his relatives could be trusted with their lives just like his comrades-in-arms.

But he didn't expect that his uncles, especially his mother-in-law and aunt, were not close to him since he left home less often when he was young.

It is reasonable not to treat Dongsheng as one of his own.

Xu Wen was beyond his expectation to be able to do this for Dongsheng.

"Thank you!"

"There is no need to be so polite between husband and wife."

After Xu Wen said this, the room suddenly fell silent.

An indescribable feeling flowed between the two people.

Or call it awkward.

Can you not be embarrassed? The two people didn't see each other very often from the time they met until they got married.

In total, the relationship between Xu Wen and Dongsheng is much better than that between Xu Wen and Lu Yuanzheng.

After all, we have been together day and night for half a year.

Lu Yuanzheng left on the wedding day.

It is no exaggeration to say that Xu Wen almost forgot what his face looked like.

It's okay not to mention it. When they mentioned this, both of them blushed slightly.

There are other subtle emotions in this awkwardness.

Xu Wen felt a little uncomfortable.

In order not to be so embarrassed, she ran out of words to say: "By the way, I have to apologize to you."

"Um?"

"I sold the tape recorder."

"Why?"

"I don't know how badly you were injured, but I'm afraid I don't have enough money. A rich man in the commune took the photo, so I sold it for a little extra money."

To buy something as big as this radio, you don't just need money, you also need industrial coupons, and some require foreign exchange coupons.

Ordinary people generally have neither money nor tickets to afford it.

Xu Wen released the news that he wanted to sell radio cassette players, but someone in the commune happened to want to buy tickets.

She also wanted to sell bicycles and sewing machines, but she couldn't find a suitable buyer before getting on the train.

This time Lu Yuanzheng was silent for a long time before speaking: "You do know how to pick up valuable items and sell them."

The four-speaker cassette player he bought required a remittance voucher. He really bought it because he owed a few favors to his connections.

The cassette player itself is not cheap either. It cost more than 500 yuan, and the price is on par with other three cassette players.

It wasn't like Xu Wen didn't know that the tape recorder was valuable, but he was a little anxious when he heard that he was seriously ill and dying.

She didn't know how much it would cost to cure Lu Yuanzheng. She and Dongsheng came all the way, eating and drinking on the way and eating and drinking at the hospital.

I'm afraid I won't have enough money.

Xu Wen said sarcastically: "I didn't expect that you don't have to pay for accommodation when you come here. People from your unit will arrange it."

"Actually..." Lu Yuanzheng's Adam's apple rolled down, but he decided to tell the truth, "I don't have to spend money for hospitalization."

"Ah!" Xu Wen was really surprised this time, "Is the welfare package so good?"

Lu Yuanzheng nodded.

"I thought I would get a discount at most!" Xu Wen was a little annoyed, "I knew I wouldn't sell it."

I only sold it for 600 yuan, which was a loss.

In her previous life, she never had the chance to understand soldiers.

I only know that hospitals and airports will have the words "Military First" on them.

I have seen some attractions offering free admission to military personnel, but I didn't know that they don't have to pay for medical treatment.

"It's normal." Lu Yuanzheng understood very well. "It still costs money to go to other hospitals for medical treatment. Only the military hospital does not."

He didn't mean to blame Xu Wen, he just wanted to educate her.

"Thank you! You are willing to spend all your money to save me!"

Lu Yuanzheng was really touched. He really didn't expect Xu Wen to travel so far.

Seeing the annoyance on Xu Wen's face, Lu Yuanzheng thoughtfully changed the subject: "It's hard on the road, isn't it? Next time you know I'm not dead, don't bother. Lesbians...especially a beautiful lesbian like you, it's not safe to go out." If something happens to you, I will regret it for the rest of my life."

Xu Wen was not that naive. He made some homemade chili water and a small electric shock stick and hid them on his body.

She is a top student, so it is not difficult to get something like this.

"Sister-in-law, it's getting late, we should go back!" Aunt Tian opened the door and came in. She was stunned for a moment when she saw Lu Yuanzheng, "Ah! Are you awake? Good guy! These people have been waiting for you for almost a month and you haven't woken up. This wife woke up the same day she arrived? If you had told me earlier, I would have gone back to my hometown and brought my sister-in-law here."

Xu asked: "..."

"Dad!" Dongsheng was very happy to see Lu Yuanzheng woke up and jumped towards him.

Xu Wen exclaimed: "Be careful!" But she was separated by a hospital bed and had no time to stop Dongsheng.

Dongsheng was young and couldn't control his strength. If he wanted to make a solid expedition, his wounds would have to open.

Lu Yuanzheng raised his left hand that was not infused, grabbed Dongsheng's collar, and nodded to Aunt Tian first, "Hello, sister-in-law! Why are you here?" Then he said to Dongsheng, "Don't you want a father anymore? I don't know. I can't hug you because I'm all injured!"

Dongsheng said oh and stood by the bed obediently.

Aunt Tian pointed at Dongsheng and then at Xu Wen, "Dongsheng came to me with his sister-in-law. It's not convenient for them to get in and out of the compound when they first arrived... I guess it was Lao Song who brought them and their son back to the headquarters."

"Battle Commander Song? Why is he going to the headquarters?"

Aunt Tian nodded, "Yes. I will no longer be the battalion commander. This time I was promoted and transferred to the headquarters, but the transfer order has not been issued yet."

Lu Yuanzheng nodded, turned to Xu and asked: "Then don't worry about living there. There are probably few places in the world that are safer than there. I will ask my sister-in-law to accompany me to apply for a pass tomorrow. It will be convenient in the future." "

Xu asked: "..."

"It's getting late, you go back first!"

Xu Wen hesitated, "How about I stay with you."

Lu Yuanzheng shook his head, "You have been tired from traveling all the way. Go back and rest first and come back tomorrow."

Xu Wen saw that he had a firm attitude, and since Aunt Tian was waiting for her, it was difficult for her to say anything.

As soon as he opened the ward door, he saw the young man who went to get hot water sitting on the bench in the corridor waiting. He saw the three of them coming out and got up hurriedly. "sister in law."

"I have to work hard for you today. I will take my sister-in-law back first. I have to trouble you to take care of Lu Lian." Aunt Tian said with a smile.

"It should be." The young man said and returned to the ward carrying the thermos.

Xu Wen heard Lu Yuanzheng calling him as soon as he entered the door: "Quick! Help me to the toilet! That grandson of Li Daoming..."

Xu asked: "..." She remembered that the name written on the name badge of the doctor on duty was Li Daoming.

No wonder he refused to let her sleep with him.

Xu Wen blushed. She was embarrassed not to mention Lu Yuanzheng.

The three of them walked out of the hospital, and Xu Wen suddenly remembered that she didn't tell Lu Yuanzheng that she was here today.

Aunt Tian didn't say anything either.

Why do you know about the expedition?

Therefore, Lu Yuanzheng could hear her when he was unconscious.

To be precise, he was either unconscious or unable to open his eyes.

Xu asked: "..."

If Aunt Tian wasn't still around, she would have wanted to slap herself. What was she talking to herself for a long time?

"Sister-in-law, I never bothered to ask, what is your name?" Aunt Tian suddenly said.

"My name is Xu Wen."

"The name is really nice." Aunt Tian praised, "My name is Tian Jiaohua. If you feel uncomfortable calling me sister-in-law, you can call me Sister Hua."

Xu Wen still preferred this title, "Hello, Sister Hua."

"May I ask, when did you and Zhengzi get married?"

"On the day he received the order."

"Ah? Doesn't that mean the wedding hasn't even been held yet?"

"Um."

Sister Hua thought for a while and sighed: "It's not easy for military wives. People like you who hold half of the wedding are pretty good. At least he welcomed you in. Many sisters-in-law don't have time to hold weddings at all. Some come to the wedding by themselves. Some people ask their brothers to welcome the bride on their behalf.

This is just the beginning! You must be mentally prepared when you get married.

He may not tell you where he is going, what he is doing or when he is coming back.

He disappears when he says he is missing, and often does not even say hello.

You have been worried for a long time, it will be a surprise when he comes back, but if he comes back..."

Sister Hua shook her head and did not continue.

Xu Wen was silent for a while, "I know."

You've already experienced it yourself, don't you know?

"Look at me... you just came here, why am I telling you this?" Sister Hua patted her mouth, "You will be lucky if you survive the disaster! Zhengzi will be lucky to have you in the future!"

"I hope so!"

Chapter 44

On the morning of the 30th, Xu Wen woke up early.

I was awakened by the sound of uniform slogans.

She opened the curtains and the soldiers lined up ran past downstairs.

The loud "one two three four" resounded over the entire compound.

After Xu Wen finished washing, he asked Dongsheng to get up.

He grew up in this environment and was immune to slogans.

"Mama, shall we go see dad later?"

"Yeah, so you have to get up quickly."

"Okay!" Dongsheng rubbed his eyes and sat up.

After Xu Wen had breakfast, he took Dongsheng to the hospital on the bicycle Sister Hua left for her.

Breakfast was given to her by someone else. In addition to breakfast, she was also given a compound pass, which was valid for one month.

After one night, Lu Yuanzheng looked much better.

The young man who stayed with him yesterday had just brought breakfast to Lu Yuanzheng. When he saw Xu Wen entering the ward, he stood up and said hello.

Lu Yuanzheng told the young man: "Go back and rest!" He pointed at Dongsheng, "Take this boy back too."

Dongsheng protested: "I just came! I came to see you and you still hit me?"

"I have a word with your mother."

Dongsheng looked at Lu Yuanzheng suspiciously, then at Xu Wen, but silently walked to the young man's side.

The young man led Dongsheng out and left behind a message: "If you need anything, please call the gate."

Lu Yuanzheng hummed.

After they left, Xu Wen sat by the bed, opened the lunch box, touched the porridge bowl to see if it was hot, and placed it on the bedside table for Lu Yuanzheng. Then he said, "Why do you have to take Dongsheng away before you can say anything?"

Lu Yuanzheng groaned, "It's nothing. This is a hospital and he has nothing to do here, so he might as well go back and feel free."

Xu Wen thought about it and it seemed like this, so it wouldn't mean that Dongsheng would attack people as soon as he came, right?

Lu Yuanzheng sighed softly: "I'm afraid he will ask me where my other uncles have gone. I can't tell him."

Xu asked, then understood, and sighed: "You won't be able to hide it for long."

"Yeah. Mainly, I don't know the number of casualties and the list right now. I'll wait until it's confirmed."

Lu Yuanzheng injured his right hand, and he was obviously not used to eating with his left hand. He was probably afraid of spilling the porridge, so he only scooped a little bit into his mouth at a time.

A mouthful of porridge is not as much as a normal person would drink in half a day.

Xu Wen watched for a while and couldn't stand it anymore, so he asked him: "How about I feed you?"

Lu Yuanzheng quickly put the spoon back into the bowl and let out a long sigh of relief: "You finally spoke! I've been waiting for your words."

Xu asked: "..."

A little dumbfounded, "If you need help, just say so!"

She thought that a tough guy like Lu Yuanzheng would be more respectable and would not want her to feed him.

"Aren't I thin-skinned?" Lu Yuanzheng leaned lazily on the bed.

Xu Wen held a bowl in one hand and a spoon in the other, bringing it to his mouth. Hearing this, he rolled his eyes: "I really didn't see it."

In fact, if you look carefully, you can still tell that the tips of Lu Yuanzheng's ears are obviously red, not as indifferent as he showed.

"Have you eaten breakfast?"

Xu Wen nodded, "I've eaten. Your comrades have done a good job."

Three meals a day were delivered on time, and the empty bowls were not forgotten to be taken away. Xu Wen was repeatedly told not to wash the dishes himself.

No matter how thick-skinned Xu Wen was, she was too embarrassed to ask them to wash the bowls she and Dongsheng had eaten.

Lu Yuanzheng's eyes darkened and he hummed. After hesitating for a moment, he explained to Xu Wen: "Although these agencies are my comrades-in-arms, they are in the same military region as me and are not the same unit. Our unit is relatively far away, dozens of miles away from here." Kilometers, when I get better, I will take you back to meet them. The Xue Jue you met... died."

Xu asked.

For a moment, Xu Wen didn't know what to say to comfort Lu Yuanzheng.

Lu Yuanzheng didn't want to talk about this matter in depth, so he shook his head and changed the subject, "You said you were admitted to university? Which university did you go to?"

"Kyoto University!"

"Awesome! What a talented woman!"

"Not as good as you, great hero!"

Lu Yuanzheng chuckled, "When does school start?"

"It's past the fifteenth day of the first lunar month."

"It's still half a month!" Lu Yuanzheng raised his hand and patted his forehead, "I almost forgot, today is New Year's Eve?"

Xu Wen hummed.

She had forgotten about it at first, but when she went out in the morning and saw the soldiers in the courtyard busy posting couplets and hanging lanterns, she remembered it.

Lu Yuanzheng shook his head, indicating that he was full, "Do me a favor and call over the quack doctor you saw yesterday."

"Are you feeling uncomfortable?" Xu Wen said as he stood up and walked out.

"No, I just want to chat with him."

Xu asked: "..."

I have never heard of a patient chatting with the doctor while eating half of his meal.

When Xu Wen and Li Daoming returned to the ward, Song Xueqin and Dong Chao were already there.

The two of them consciously exited the ward and waited outside the door.

Xu Wen stood outside the door and could vaguely hear a few words.

It seemed that Lu Yuanzheng's unit was going to be reorganized. Lu Yuanzheng seemed unhappy and started to argue with Song Xueqin.

Song Xueqin gave the order forcefully.

Li Daoming was probably bored, so he explained to Xu Wen: "Your man has been promoted from company commander to battalion commander."

Xu Wen glanced at Li Daoming doubtfully, not quite believing what he said.

Getting promoted is a good thing, why is Lu Yuanzheng shouting?

"Their thinking is different from that of ordinary people." Li Daoming continued to explain: "Lu Yuanzheng is used to fighting on the battlefield. Although he was promoted, he had no battles, so he was asked to lead people to defend the island, so he There's a lot of emotion in there."

Xu asked: "..."

She glanced at the work badge on Li Daoming's chest, "As far as I know, military doctors are also soldiers?"

Where did we come from?

Li Daoming touched his nose and said, "Soldiers who save lives and heal the wounded are two different things from soldiers who kill enemies on the battlefield. They are about the same as ordinary people."

"No wonder the awareness of confidentiality is so poor!"

Li Daoming: "..."

He rolled his eyes angrily: "As expected of a couple, they are both equally unpleasant! Didn't I just explain it because you didn't understand? Besides, if they dare to discuss it in the ward or discuss it so loudly, it is not confidential. How can it be confidential? Are you shouting? You can hear it in the next room."

Xu Wenyi thought the same thing, nodded and apologized: "Then I wrongly blamed you."

After a while, Song Xueqin pushed out the door with a dark face. When he saw Xu Wen, he tried to show a friendly smile again, so that his face was a little distorted.

Dong Chao followed closely behind and pointed to Xu Wen's ward, "Sister-in-law, please persuade that donkey."

Li Daoming was happy. He opened the door and gloated to Lu Yuanzheng: "Ha! Donkey, what are you doing with me?"

Lu Yuanzheng turned around, his eyes like daggers.

Xu Wen shrank.

Lu Yuanzheng turned around again, and then looked back again, his eyes returning to the usual look that Xu Wen usually had.

"Let me discuss something with you."

Lu Yuanzheng was obviously very angry, but Li Daoming took two steps back with a wary look on his face: "What do you want to do again?"

"I want to be discharged from the hospital!"

"Bah!" Li Daoming spat at him, "You want to eat shit! It's good that I didn't put a tube in you, but you still want to be discharged from the hospital? Why don't you go to heaven?"

"Fuck! Wait until I can get out of bed!"

Li Daoming turned his back and patted his butt through his white coat, "Come on!"

Xu asked: "..."

What did she see?

Is that what she thought?

Xu Wen's expression was too surprised. Li Daoming put his fist to his mouth and coughed lightly: "Sister-in-law, don't act like you just ate a fly. It's not what you think! We were just joking!"

Lu Yuanzheng snorted coldly and asked Xu: "Don't care about these two idiots. He gave up martial arts and became a doctor because of his lack of heart. Back then, he was just a walking sandbag at the bottom of our company's training."

"Fuck! I'm a cultured person and I don't care about you bunch of warriors. I got into university based on my strength and graduated with an upright medical major, okay?"

Xu Wen did not doubt Li Daoming's professionalism, because his photo hung on the first floor of the hospital, with some personal achievements written underneath.

Li Daoming's ability to excel in such a large hospital is by no means a quack as Lu Yuanzheng said.

It's just... Xu Wen carefully considered his words to praise them: "The way you get along is so strange!"

I owe you Soso!

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

Li Daoming: "..."

Li Daoming cleared his throat, intending to restore his precarious image in Xu Wen, and asked Lu Yuanzheng: "What are you going to do after being discharged from the hospital?"

"Are you blind? My wife is standing at the door! Are you spending the Chinese New Year in the hospital?"

Xu asked: "..."

Xu Wen thought that if she were Li Daoming, she would mix the mute medicine into Lu Yuanzheng's infusion bottle.

Why do you feel like Lu Yuanzheng won't be able to talk properly as soon as he comes back?

No, they all seem to be like that.

On the wedding day, so did Xue Jue and the others.

Xu Wen thought that Li Daoming would scold him back, or at least refuse with gloating. Who knew that he glanced at Xu Wen, thought about it seriously and said, "You have a plaster on your leg! You have two broken ribs. Even if you go back There's nothing you can do."

Xu Wen suddenly blushed. She suspected what Li Daoming was implying, and felt that she was overthinking.

Lu Yuanzheng could no longer be so reserved, and snorted coldly: "That's none of your business."

"Okay! I'll prescribe medicine for you and take it with you, and you go back to the infirmary for infusion. In addition, I'll find a wheelchair for you. Remember to bring it back when you come back. After you go back, you'll stay in the family building and you won't be able to go anywhere. You can only lie down somewhere else. I will arrange a car to take you back later."

Lu Yuanzheng's face improved a lot: "Thank you!"

"Ha!" Li Daoming dug his ears, "Say it again, I didn't hear you clearly."

"roll!"

Xu asked: "..."

Suddenly I feel a little redundant.

She followed Li Daoming out of the ward, "Doctor Li, can Lu Yuanzheng really be discharged from the hospital now?"

It was obviously so painful that I broke into a cold sweat every time I moved.

Li Daoming sighed: "Of course not."

"Then..." Do you still agree?

As soon as Xu Wen opened his mouth, he felt that the words were a bit too aggressive and swallowed them back.

Li Daoming leaned against the wall, half-bending one leg, "For us, as long as our lives are still there, everything else is trivial. At least compared to celebrating the New Year with my family, we won't take the pain of traveling on an expedition to heart. "Li Daoming raised his hand as if he wanted to pat Xu Wen's shoulder. Halfway through, he probably felt the difference between men and women and pulled his hand back, "I know him. Even if I don't agree, he has the ability to sneak out of the ward. . Instead of letting him suffer new injuries, it would be better to let him go openly, so that he would suffer less."

Xu asked: "..."

Seeing how you two were quarreling with each other, I thought you had a grudge against your wife.

I didn't expect that I would be so... considerate of him in private?

Xu Wen's thoughts were written on his face.

Li Daoming raised his eyebrows in denial: "Don't overthink it! I'm really not doing it for him, I'm doing it for your sake. Our place is far and remote, and it's not easy for any of the sisters-in-law to come here. Which one is here with us?" They are all national treasures. Otherwise, even if I find someone to weld the doors and windows shut, I won't let him leave the hospital." Of course, if Xu Wen doesn't come, Lu Yuanzheng will definitely not want to leave the hospital.

Not being afraid of pain is two different things than seeking to suffer.

Xu asked: "..."

Did she come to the right place or the wrong place?

Chapter 45

Even though Li Daoming and Lu Yuanzheng fought each other when they met, when they were poor, they felt that their minds were not much stronger than Dongsheng's.

It's quite reliable in getting things done.

Arrangements were quickly made for Lu Yuanzheng to be discharged from the hospital.

We also got a stretcher and asked people to carry Lu Yuanzheng into the car.

Originally, Lu Yuanzheng thought it was shameful and refused, but Li Daoming refused to persuade him. He got a camera from somewhere and said to Lu Yuanzheng: "Okay, you go! You go! Brother, I won't do anything today, just follow me." Take a few photos behind you, develop them later, and send each of your comrades a photo of your "majestic" heroic appearance."

Lu Yuanzheng's eyes were threatening, but Li Daoming shrugged, not afraid of him, and said with a swish, "Come and grab it if you have the ability!"

Now let's go to the expedition of 500 meters, and he will win even if it is 1,000 meters.

Xu Wen didn't know whether to laugh or cry, and advised Lu Yuanzheng: "Don't bother, it will be the first day of the Lunar New Year. If you are like this now, even if you don't need a stretcher to carry you, you can't walk, so why bother with yourself? A man can bend and stretch, right?"

Lu Yuanzheng glanced at Xu Wen and said to Li Daoming, "Okay! Listen to my wife."

Li Daoming: "..."

Do you know what it means to follow the doctor's orders?

In the end, Li Daoming couldn't help but spit out a dialect: "Rake your ears!"

"Ha!" Lu Yuanzheng muttered as he was being carried into the ambulance: "If you want to rake your ears, you must first have a wife. Do you have one?"

Li Daoming: "..."

Even though he was poor, Li Daoming still grabbed Xu Wen who was about to get into the car and gave him some detailed instructions.

"Take medicine and change medicine on time."

"You can't let him drink."

"Try to keep him on bed rest."

"I have to come back as soon as the first day of the new year is over."

"..."

Xu Wen wrote them down one by one and thanked him: "Thank you! Dr. Li."

The car drove to the office first and picked up Dongsheng.

Xu Wen also went back to the guest house to get some things.

She originally wanted to take all her luggage, but Lu Yuanzheng said no. He had to go back to the hospital on the second day of the new year, and Xu Wen had to go back to the guest house.

Xu Wen only took a few changes of clothes for himself and Dongsheng.

When Dongsheng heard that he was going back, he was very happy. After getting in the car, he sat on the bench next to him and twisted around.

Xu Wen touched Dongsheng's head and said, "You want to go back so much?"

Dongsheng nodded vigorously: "I miss Uncle Lian, Uncle Gu, Uncle Li, Brother Xue, Uncle Wang..."

Xu Wen glanced at Lu Yuanzheng from the corner of his eye.

Every time Dongsheng reported a name, Lu Yuanzheng's expression became a little bad. In the end, Xu Wen couldn't think of a suitable adjective for his expression.

It took more than half an hour's drive to reach the destination.

The station where Lu Yuanzheng is located is a little out of the way, which is putting it mildly, but in fact, it is relatively remote.

After checking the ID, the guard opened the door and let people go.

On New Year's Eve, the army also has a holiday.

Everyone was busy putting up window grilles, Spring couplets, and latte art, and they were all very happy.

After a while, at the end of the road, a group of people came swarming.

Xu Wen heard them shout: "Lu Lian is back!"

She peeked out from the window and saw a group of soldiers wearing sea soul shirts cheering and cheering around.

The ambulance stopped in front of the family building, and the door opened from the back. Xu Wen obviously noticed that the air was quiet for a moment.

Immediately, the first person was happy, "Hey! Lu Lian, you are dressed very uniquely!"

"Yes, save your clothes."

"It's just a bit of a waste of gauze."

"..."

Lu Yuanzheng only replied with one word: "Get out!"

"Uncle Li, Uncle Song, Uncle Zhou, Uncle Zhang..." Dongsheng called people one by one.

Xu Wen let go of Dongsheng, who ran to the car door and was picked up by the group of people.

"Ouch! You've gained a lot of weight after not seeing Dongsheng for half a year! Isn't it particularly comfortable in your hometown?"

Others quickly carried the stretcher down.

"Lu Lian, do you want to go back to your room or go to the family building?"

"In the family building, my wife is following behind!"

"Ah!" Everyone turned around and looked at Xu Wen. They spoke together as if they had practiced, "Hello, sister-in-law!"

"Hello." Xu Wen was very reserved.

The man holding Dongsheng clicked his tongue, "So this is my sister-in-law! I thought the hospital was here to send you a nurse. No wonder you took a vacation and didn't want to miss Shu, and you didn't come back unless called."

Lu Yuanzheng raised his head in confusion: "So what? Look at your jealous face!"

"Ha! I'm quite jealous. Jealous that you can't take care of yourself and have to be carried upstairs."

Xu asked: "..."

Still can't get used to the way they get along.

There are still many empty rooms in the family building, so Yuanzheng found them a room on the first floor for the convenience of traveling.

"The first floor is a little damp, so you can make do with it for the day. I'll take Dongsheng away first. You and your sister-in-law can rest for a while, and I'll have someone bring food over later. Behave as usual at night."

Lu Yuanzheng took the key from the hand of the man holding Dongsheng and hummed.

It is also a small one-bedroom apartment, but there is an additional kitchen next to the bathroom.

The overall condition is worse than the agency's guest house.

Seeing Xu Wen looking back and forth at the room, Lu Yuanzheng said, "I feel sorry for you to live here with me."

Xu Wen hurriedly shook his head: "It's pretty good here."

It's really good.

If he had just worn it, he might have been disgusted with it, but now Xu Wen has lived a poorer life and is very used to it.

What's more, this place is really nice and has everything except a little bit.

From being discharged from the hospital to settling back in, it was noon.

The soldiers from Lu Yuanzheng brought them food from the canteen.

Four dishes and one soup.

"You guys have pretty good food."

"Celebrate the New Year today and improve your life. It's usually a little worse than this."

Xu Wen ate some himself before feeding Lu Yuanzheng.

She wanted to feed Lu Yuanzheng first, but he didn't agree.

After dinner, Lu Yuanzheng was obviously in low spirits.

He had just woken up, and he was probably quite tired from the long day of work.

"Would you like to sleep for a while first?" Xu Wen put a pillow for him.

Lu Yuanzheng patted the place next to him, "Together?"

"Ah?" Xu Wen suddenly blushed and felt a little at a loss.

"Don't worry, I won't take advantage of you."

Xu Wen didn't say anything but his face turned redder.

It was difficult for Lu Yuanzheng to stand up like this now, so Xu Wen was not afraid that he would take advantage.

Lu Yuanzheng was different from Dongsheng. With Dongsheng beside him, Xu Wen could sleep without being affected.

But Lu Yuanzheng was such a big person, even if he didn't do anything and the two of them were lying on the bed, it would be difficult for Xu Wen not to be restrained.

This couple is not even plastic.

A sudden knock on the door relieved Xu Wen's embarrassment in time.

"I'll open the door first." Xu Wen turned around and ran away.

Lu Yuanzheng raised his eyebrows and smiled.

The person who came was a military doctor from the camp clinic. He came to give Lu Yuanzheng infusions and change his dressing.

As soon as the gauze on Lu Yuanzheng's chest was lifted, Xu Wen's face turned pale and he turned his head away without daring to look.

According to them, Lu Yuanzheng had been in a coma for more than half a month, and most of the minor wounds on his body had actually healed.

But some of the more serious ones, or the serious injuries from the twenty-three surgeries mentioned by Li Daoming, have not healed well.

After the surgical stitches were added, the wound was tightened and wrinkled by the surgical sutures, making it look particularly hideous and frightening.

Xu Wen wasn't afraid, it was just that the location of the wound was too close to death.

I'm afraid Li Daoming's words are not exaggerated.

Lu Yuanzheng saw Xu Wen's unhappy expression and said, "Can you pour me a glass of water?"

Xu Wen nodded and arrived in the living room, his hands shaking a little when pouring water.

The room is not very soundproof, and you can still vaguely hear the chatter of two men in the room, which was deliberately lowered.

"Be gentle! You are worse than Li Daoming's quack doctor. Are you a veterinarian?"

"Tsk! Are you still afraid of pain? Am I just a veterinarian who deals with you every day?"

"What do you know? I'm afraid that my wife will feel distressed. Didn't you see that your face turned pale with fright just now?"

"..."

Xu Wen's eyes were sore after hearing this.

After the doctor left, Xu Wen returned to the bedroom.

Anyway, Lu Yuanzheng didn't really drink water.

Lu Yuanzheng's face was pale and bloodless, and his head was covered with thin beads of sweat.

Okay, I guess I really want to drink water this time.

Xu Wen handed the water glass to his mouth and asked him to drink some water. He then went to twist out a wet towel and wipe Lu Yuanzheng's face.

Just when Xu Wen thought Lu Yuanzheng was asleep, he suddenly said: "Xu Wen."

"exist."

"I promise you will come back alive."

"Yeah!" Xu Wen said with a nasal voice.

Because he said such a light word, tears flowed down uncontrollably.

"Don't cry." Lu Yuanzheng opened his eyes, raised his movable left hand, and wiped away Xu Wen's tears with his fingertips, "It won't be pretty if you cry anymore."

Lu Yuanzheng feebly frightened her.

"It's okay, I'm already married anyway."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

For a moment, I didn't even know how to refute.

He smiled for a while and said, "Yeah. It's my blessing."

"Get some sleep! Stop talking."

"Okay, you should also rest for a while. They may come to ask for your help later."

"Huh? Me? What can I do?"

"Make dumplings."

"Ah! But I can't!"

"It's okay. We northerners are better than them even if we fool them casually."

"All right."

Lu Yuanzheng lowered his voice as he spoke.

Xu Wen thought for a moment, took off his shoes, climbed up from the end of the bed, and lay down against the wall.

I didn't sleep well last night. I woke up early in the morning and I'm really sleepy now.

In addition, Lu Yuanzheng's sense of aggression was not that strong when he was asleep, so Xu Wen fell asleep with his body pressed against the wall.

Lu Yuanzheng's camp was right next to the family building, separated only by a main aisle.

Each company is a separate two-story building. From the north gate to the end of the south road is the territory of their camp. A little further to the left at the end of the road is the territory of other battalions.

Xu Wen listened carefully to Dongsheng's introduction, thinking that if allowed, he would definitely visit this place.

When she came, she saw that there was no fence in the southeast corner of the yard, and there was the sea below.

It's the kind of sea that's particularly clear and spectacular.

The mother and son arrived at the company canteen while talking.

There was a crowd of people at the door of the cooking class, all of whom came to the cooking class to help.

There were soldiers who were on leave and some sisters-in-law who seemed to be family members of the army.

They were working together around a makeshift chopping board made up of two long tables to make dumplings.

There are also some children playing in the small square in front of the company.

Dongsheng led Xu Wen toward the crowd, and whispered to Xu Wen: "Mom, you will make dumplings and mark them secretly, so that I won't eat them by mistake."

Xu Wen laughed, "Why? Aren't all the dumplings the same? Why do you have to eat the ones I made?"

Dongsheng shook his head, "The dumplings you make are more delicious than those made by my uncles."

Xu Wen, who was forcefully called to help by Dongsheng, felt that it was just Dongsheng's subjective evaluation, but his confidence increased and he nodded and promised: "Okay."

It was Xu Wen's first time in a special environment like the compound. He didn't know what to do. He was thinking whether he should say hello and introduce himself or start working directly. I heard Dongsheng pinching his waist and shouting: "Give way, here comes my mom! My mom makes the most delicious dumplings."

Xu asked: "..."

She took a deep breath and prepared herself for the big social death scene.

Everyone turned around and glanced at Xu Wen. No one cared about Dongsheng's provocative show off and greeted her with a smile: "Hello, sister-in-law."

There was no teasing that Xu Wen expected. Everyone was very familiar with her and called her sister-in-law in a very friendly tone.

Xu Wen breathed a sigh of relief.

"Hello, is there anything you need me to do?" Xu Wen took the initiative, paused, and added, "I can also make dumplings, but I'm not as good as Dongsheng said."

"That's great! Come and save me." A sister-in-law handed the rolling pin to Xu Wen very naturally, "This thing is too difficult!"

Xu Wen lowered his head. The dumpling wrappers made by his sister-in-law were indeed a bit terrible. From the accent, she should be from near the Yangtze River Basin.

Looking at the dumplings they had made, Xu Wen straightened his back and felt inexplicably more confident.

She is no better than Sang Xiaoqing in making dumplings at home, and even worse than Zhu Meizhen. She is really a novice.

But judging from the finished product quality of the dumplings on site, Xu Wen felt that his dumpling skills here should be among the best.

Sure enough, Xu Wen rolled out a few dumpling wrappers and they were well received.

"Sister-in-law, you are so awesome! The dumpling wrappers you roll out are all round."

"Nonsense! The dumpling wrappers are originally round, only the ones you rolled out are different. However, my sister-in-law rolled the wrappers very well, and they are particularly easy to wrap."

The sister-in-law who gave Xu Wen the rolling pin was about thirty years old. She seemed to have a cheerful personality. She took the initiative to talk to Xu Wen: "Sister-in-law, you are so awesome. I have been following them for four or five years and still haven't learned how to make dumplings. You are the first Is this your first time coming to the compound?"

Xu Wen hummed.

"No wonder you are so thin-skinned. It would be nice to come here a few more times. I have been living here with the army. I usually don't see many women except for us. I am almost stupid sitting in the courtyard all day long. That is, during the Chinese New Year. The courtyard is more lively when there are more people visiting relatives. Sister-in-law, are you here to visit relatives too? Where do you live? "

Xu Wen nodded, hummed again, and gave the name of his province.

"Oh, northerners! No wonder they are so good at making dumplings. But the north is far away from here, right? Sister-in-law, did you come alone? In fact, there are a lot less people this year, and it is not as lively as in previous years. This time, their company alone sacrificed seventeen or eighty people. Oh...sigh!" My sister-in-law said and shook her head.

"Ah?" Xu Wen exclaimed.

"Shh." The sister-in-law raised her index finger to her mouth to signal Xu Wen to whisper. She raised her chin to signal to the soldiers who were also unfamiliar with the skills and were busy making dumplings. "Although they are smiling, they are actually sad! It's just that no one wants to mention this matter during the Chinese New Year. It's all thanks to their Lulian's greatness! If their Lulian hadn't sacrificed themselves to protect them, their entire company would have been wiped out."

The sister-in-law also let out a long sigh as she spoke, "Even their company commander has suffered a lot. I heard he is still lying in a coma in the hospital. You probably won't be able to see him. Although he doesn't look very kind, he is really a good person. Good person, I hope God will bless her to wake up soon."

Xu Wen was about to say that Lu Yuanzheng was awake now, but his sister-in-law waved her hand again, "Let's not talk about this for the Chinese New Year. By the way, I haven't asked you yet, sister-in-law, who is the man in your family?"

Chapter 46

Xu Wen was silent for a moment, not knowing what to say.

The sister-in-law thought that Xu Wen was embarrassed to speak, and encouraged her: "What are you embarrassed to say? I'm telling you, it's not me. There is no one in this compound that I don't know. Let's see who is so lucky to marry someone." A fairy-like girl?"

Seeing that he couldn't escape, Xu Wen could only reply: "He called Lu Yuanzheng."

The sister-in-law who had been chatting with Xu Wen dropped the stuffed dumpling wrapper on the panel with a loud sound.

Her voice was loud, which attracted everyone who was chatting to look over.

Xu Wen lowered his head uncomfortably.

"Lu Yuanzheng? Lu Lian? Are you Lu Lian's wife? That's not right! He was single last time I saw him! When did you get married?"

"Just when he goes back on vacation in the summer."

"Ouch!" The sister-in-law raised her head and pointed at the several fellow soldiers opposite who were also surprised. "You guys have done a really good job of keeping secrets! No wonder I wanted to propose marriage to him last year, but he refused to agree. It turns out that my family I have such a beautiful fiancée for the first time! Lu Lian was not interested enough, so he got married quietly without even giving us a piece of wedding candy."

Xu Wen wanted to say that they got married just after they met this year, but he felt that it would be embarrassing to say that the sister-in-law would be embarrassed, so he swallowed the words and only said: "He was recalled just after getting married, so he probably didn't have time to say it." Bar?"

Everyone seemed to be very interested in Lu Yuanzheng's personal affairs, and they threw questions at Xu Wen one after another.

"Sister-in-law, how did you and Lulian meet?"

"Sister-in-law, weren't you scared to tears when you met Lu Lian for the first time?"

"Sister-in-law, is Lu Lian awake now?"

"..."

Xu Wen had no time to answer.

"Xu asked."

Xu Wen turned around and saw Lu Yuanzheng sitting in a wheelchair being pushed by his communications soldier. There was also a thin bamboo pole tied to the armrest of the wheelchair to hang an infusion bottle.

Xu asked: "..."

Why do you insist on showing off this look?

Criticizing myself, I put down the rolling pin, patted the flour on my hands, and walked towards the road.

When they arrived, Lu Yuanzheng asked Xu Wen in a low voice: "They didn't make things difficult for you, did they?"

"Are you usually very popular?"

Lu Yuanzheng raised his eyebrows, "Huh?"

"Then what are you afraid of?"

Lu Yuanzheng chuckled, "I was afraid that you would be uncomfortable and I would like to help you out, but you would leave me alone."

"OK, thank you."

"I see you're adapting well. Then you can play with them for a while, and I'll have a meeting."

"Are you still having a meeting after all this?"

Lu Yuanzheng smiled and said, "Well, something happened."

His smile was weak.

Xu Wen guessed that it had something to do with the sacrificed soldiers, so he didn't say anything more. He only told Lu Yuanzheng to be careful about his wounds and to ask for leave when he felt uncomfortable.

With more people and more strength, the dumplings were wrapped quickly.

The remaining noodles were also made into hand-made noodles by a sister-in-law who also came from the north.

By the time they finished their work, the cooking class' New Year's Eve dinner was almost ready.

The soldiers moved some tables and chairs and placed them in the square by the roadside.

Every six wooden square tables were put together and covered with newspapers to form one large long table.

There was a long table for each company, and everyone sat around the table except those who needed to stand guard.

Xu Wen was sitting next to Lu Yuanzheng's wheelchair. She noticed that although there were food and drinks on one of the tables, there was no one there.

Xu Wen asked Lu Yuanzheng in a low voice, "Which company is this not here yet?"

Lu Yuanzheng followed her gaze and lowered his eyes, "It's the brothers who can't come this year."

Xu Wen had just counted, and there were exactly seventeen sets of bowls and chopsticks on the table. When he realized that he was talking about the soldiers who died this time, he apologized quickly: "I'm sorry!"

Lu Yuanzheng shook his head, "What's there to be sorry for? Although sadness is inevitable, their death itself is pride!"

Xu Wen nodded and said no more.

The atmosphere at the dinner table was very good. It was the first time for Xu Wen to participate in this kind of collective New Year's Eve dinner, and he found it quite novel.

After a while, Song Xueqin arrived.

The people in the company stood up and offered their seats to him.

Song Xueqin waved his hand and only took the wine handed to him, "Happy New Year to everyone!"

"Happy New Year, battalion commander!"

"I'm here today with two things to announce. Because it will also involve family members, I took this opportunity to announce it. But before announcing the official business, let's toast our fallen comrades with a glass of wine."

All the soldiers stood up.

Many family members also stood up.

"Help me get off." Lu Yuanzheng said softly.

Xu Wen and another soldier set up Lu Yuanzheng.

Lu Yuanzheng had a cast on one leg and the stitches on the other had just been removed. Just this stop made him straighten his body and take a breath.

Xu Wen heard him groan, swayed twice, stopped, let go of Xu Wen's hand, and straightened his back.

Song Xueqin waited for Lu Yuanzheng to stand before giving the order: "Salute!"

The hundred warriors all saluted towards the empty table.

"Toast!"

Song Xueqin took the lead and poured the wine on the ground.

So does everyone else.

Seeing Lu Yuanzheng's hands starting to shake, Xu Wen hurriedly helped him sit down.

"Although it was our soldiers who sacrificed their lives in exchange for the overall victory of the archipelago. But I am not here today to reward you based on your merits. I mainly want to inform you of two things.

The first thing is that Comrade Lu Yuanzheng has made many meritorious deeds since he joined the army. During his tenure, he also made great achievements and performed very well. Comrades on the archipelago war expedition made great contributions. Therefore, the organization announced the promotion of Comrade Lu Yuanzheng to the commander of our first battalion. The appointment notice will be issued after the annual meeting, and the entire army will be notified by then. "

There was warm applause.

Xu Wen turned his head and looked at Lu Yuanzheng.

There was no trace of joy in his eyebrows.

"The second thing has something to do with everyone present...including the sisters-in-law and children who are with the army. After the New Year, our battalion will be responsible for taking over one of the islands. Not only is it an uninhabited island, it is also inconvenient to enter and exit, and there is a shortage of supplies. .The only thing that can be guaranteed is that there will not be another war in the future.

Although the conditions here are not good, at least there are a few houses that can provide shelter from the wind and rain, and it is also close to the village. If something happens, it only takes more than half an hour to get to the city. But there is no such condition on the island, and everything is started from scratch.

So whether you want to continue to join the army, whether you are a soldier cadre or a family member of the army, you should go back and discuss it.

Okay, that's all I'll say. You eat and drink first! I still have to visit other camps. "

After Song Xueqin left, the people at several long tables were unusually silent.

Sitting next to Xu Wen was the sister-in-law who had been chatting with Xu Wen in the afternoon. She just heard her sigh: "Lao Lu is gone, and it's time for me to go too. I just didn't expect that when he left, I wouldn't even think about this place where we lived together." None left. Alas!"

Xu Wen suddenly turned to look at her.

Only then did she realize that this sister-in-law was sitting next to her with her child in her arms, and next to her was another sister-in-law. Next to her was a soldier sitting, who was probably that sister-in-law's husband.

In other words, everyone is sitting together as a family, and this sister-in-law has no one to accompany her.

As for ordinary family members, comrades with family members will not be arranged to stand guard at times like this.

So, this sister-in-law's husband, the Lao Lu she talks about, is also on that empty table? !

Xu Wen didn't know what to say, so he just called her: "Sister-in-law..."

The sister-in-law looked at Xu Wen, wiped her eyes, and smiled: "I'm fine. You just got married and became a military wife not long ago, so you shouldn't be used to this kind of situation. I've long been used to it, and I have such a free time every year. Table. Every time Lao Lu goes out, I am prepared. When he comes back, I am like picking up money, no, I am several times happier than picking up money. Whether he comes back..."

My sister-in-law choked up a little, pursed her lips, and smiled bitterly: "Why don't I come back this time! The knife that has been hanging on my heart for several years has finally fallen. I feel at ease instead."

That's what she said, but her expression clearly didn't mean it. The tears on her face were like broken beads.

Xu Wen took out a handkerchief from his pocket and handed it to his sister-in-law, but he didn't know how to persuade her.

The sister-in-law waved her hand and wiped her face carelessly with the back of her hand, "Why can't Lao Lu hold on just one more time? It only takes one more time to get to the island! There will be no need to fight in the future! Why doesn't he come back? Woolen cloth!"

Xu Wen wiped his sister-in-law's tears with a handkerchief and patted her on the back.

Xu Wen had never experienced this kind of thing before and didn't know what to say, but he could understand how this sister-in-law felt.

Lu Yuanzheng's Adam's apple rolled up, and he bent down and bowed to his sister-in-law, "I'm sorry, it's my incompetence and I couldn't bring everyone back safely."

"Lu Lian, are you saying that to slap me in the face?" My sister-in-law shook her head, "You almost couldn't come back! Alas! I don't blame you or Lao Lu. He was a soldier when I married him, and I followed him He has to be mentally prepared for this day. I just... just feel a little uncomfortable."

It's hard for everyone!

Even though it was his first time in the compound, Xu Wen's first time celebrating the New Year like this, his heart and throat were clogged.

She was just a new military wife, but she briefly experienced the feeling of being a widow because of Lu Yuanzheng.

She would be sad if her relationship with Lu Yuanzheng was so shallow, not to mention that the Lu family's sister-in-law seemed to have a good relationship with each other.

After a while, my sister-in-law calmed down and waved her hands, "Don't talk about this during the Chinese New Year! Come on, let's eat and drink."

Still no one moved their chopsticks.

"It's up to me!" My sister-in-law smiled self-deprecatingly, "I couldn't control myself at the moment. Don't imitate me! If they want to know something underground, they don't want us to be crying like this during the Chinese New Year, right? Besides, this is the year for our group. It's the last New Year we spent together. After the New Year, I will take Lao Lu back to my hometown. I'm afraid I won't be able to see you again in this life. There are also many people among you who will change jobs and you may not see each other again. So we don't I'm crying. Let's spend this New Year happily! Come on, I'll take the lead and toast everyone first."

After my sister-in-law finished speaking, she finished it in one gulp.

Others raised their glasses.

These others also include Lu Yuanzheng.

Xu Wen put his hand on the back of Lu Yuanzheng's hand, a gesture of disapproval.

Li Daoming said that Lu Yuanzheng cannot drink now.

Lu Yuanzheng didn't say anything or resist, he just looked at Xu Wen and asked.

Xu Wen bit his lip and let go.

Sometimes, people know clearly that they shouldn't do something, but they still can't help but do it.

It doesn't matter whether it's right or wrong, it's just that the emotion has arrived.

Xu Wen was still immersed in sadness, but the others quickly adjusted their emotions and started eating, drinking and chatting.

If the empty table hadn't been there, Xu Wen would have even had the illusion that he was dreaming just now.

She turned her head and looked at Lu's sister-in-law.

Her eyes were still a little red, but she had already begun to share her parenting experience with her sister-in-law, who was a new mother next to her.

Xu Wen looked at it and became somewhat enlightened.

It's not that they are not sad, but they can quickly put away their sadness and cherish the present.

After all, every time we get together may become the last time, and no one wants to think of this day with only tears.

So everyone is trying their best to bury their sadness deep in their hearts and pass their happiness to others.

Lu Yuanzheng was seriously injured and had not recovered. After struggling for a long time, he stood for a while and drank a glass of wine. It was obvious that his mind and body could no longer hold up.

Xu Wen pushed Lu Yuanzheng back without disturbing the people who were singing, drinking and chatting.

There were only two of them, not named Dongsheng.

Lu Yuanzheng said Xu Wen didn't object when Dongsheng slept with the company at night.

There is only a 1.5-meter double bed in the family building. If Dongsheng also comes back, the three people will be very crowded.

That's all in normal times, the main road expedition is still a serious injury.

Dongsheng sleeps restlessly, and it would be bad if he encounters a road expedition.

Back in the room, Xu Wen helped Lu Yuanzheng move from the wheelchair to the bed. Both of them were covered in sweat.

Xu Wen filled a basin of clean water, brought over the medicine that needed to be changed, and carefully read the instructions Li Daoming wrote to her.

Before leaving, Li Daoming took Xu Wen and gave him some instructions.

He said that Lu Yuanzheng would definitely not follow the doctor's orders, would definitely get out of bed, stand up, and drink. If the wound reopened, Xu Wen would have to help deal with it.

If Xu Wen can't handle it, go to the infirmary and find a military doctor.

Xu Wen thought to himself, if you can't trouble others during the Chinese New Year, then you shouldn't trouble others first.

She looked at the instructions carefully and felt that she should be fine.

To be precise, there is no problem technically, but psychologically there is still some problem.

In particular, some of Lu Yuanzheng's wounds were relatively hidden, involving both men and women.

Xu Wen's face turned red and he stared at the gauze on the edge of Lu Yuanzheng's thigh, hesitating and embarrassed to do anything.

The road expedition was not much better.

It was embarrassing enough that he was lying in bed and unable to take care of himself. Although Xu Wen was his wife, she was actually no more familiar with her than the girl next door.

A blush appeared on his pale face from pain, and he discussed with Xu Wen: "How about you go to the infirmary and call someone for me?"

"Why don't you let me rest during the Chinese New Year? Besides, you don't have any professional medical knowledge. Anyone can do it by changing the medicine and rubbing the body. If I call someone, will they laugh at you or me?"

Lu Yuanzheng stopped talking.

It's better to be laughed at in your heart than to be stared at by you.

"The sister-in-law's surname is Li, and her husband's name is Lu Weipeng." Lu Yuanzheng suddenly spoke. He just wanted to change the topic to draw Xu Wen's attention away from his lap.

Sure enough, Xu Wen turned to look at him, with an expression of listening carefully.

"How do you think they met?"

Xu Wen shook his head.

"One time we went to Beihai for an exercise with our brother unit. We went ashore for a walk during the break. We happened to rescue Sister-in-law Li who was trafficked to the Northeast. Sister-in-law Li was from the south and was illiterate and was tortured by human traffickers. She was a bit dazed, frightened and afraid, and couldn't understand her words. We couldn't even find out her home address.

But after saving people, we can't throw them on the street again. We said we were resting at the time but actually we were on a mission and it was inconvenient to reveal our identity to the local police station, so we had to take Mrs. Li back first. "

With this distraction, Xu Wen forgot about his embarrassment and naturally sat down by the bed and began to remove the bandage on Lu Yuanzheng's leg.

"Our unit is special. There are very few female soldiers. Even the health company has more male soldiers. So you can think about bringing a woman back. The whole family will be dumbfounded and don't know how to settle down. Old Song, Song Xueqin said who saved her Who is responsible.

I was less than twenty years old at that time, and everyone else was about the same. Only Lao Lu and Lu Weipeng were slightly older, and we voted to take care of Sister-in-law Li.

They were similar in age and fell in love with each other as soon as they went back and forth. "

Xu Wen wrung out the towel and wiped it clean around the wound. He fanned it with his hand to dry out the remaining water droplets quickly, and also lowered his head and blew it gently a few times.

This is actually a relatively common action.

But the location is wrong.

From this angle, Lu Yuanzheng saw Xu Wen with his head lowered, his long eyelashes half drooped, and his lips pursed as he whispered to his thigh.

He was a vigorous man, and even if he was seriously injured, it didn't mean that he would not be able to react physically. A thin layer of red spread along the tips of his ears and quickly spread to his neck.

Seeing that Xu Wen was busy and focused, Lu Yuanzheng quietly pulled the thin blanket next to him and put it on his waist and abdomen to hide his embarrassment.

Xu Wen suddenly looked up.

Lu Yuanzheng tensed up instantly and forgot to breathe for a moment.

It's three points more nervous than having an enemy put a gun to your head.

Xu Wen blinked and asked in confusion: "What happened next?"

Why did this person stop talking in the middle of his sentence?

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

He took a deep breath and let it out slowly, then continued: "Then, of course, we sent Mrs. Li home when we went south."

"Then how did they become husband and wife?"

"Something went wrong when we sent her home. Don't look at Sister-in-law Li now, but her family is actually very well off. Her fiancé's family is a well-known family in the local area. But the more things go like this, the more trouble she gets. When my fiancé heard that Sister-in-law Li had been abducted by traffickers, After walking by, he came to the house to cancel the engagement, on the grounds that if he married Sister-in-law Li, she would be criticized first. Her parents were also unwilling, thinking that if the news spread that Sister-in-law Li was abducted by traffickers, her reputation would be damaged. It would also implicate the unmarried family members. Married brothers and sisters..."

"It's not Mrs. Li's fault!" Xu Wen said angrily, "Why is her family like this?"

Lu Yuanzheng's face turned pale. After enduring it again and again, he still couldn't help but speak: "Ask me, I'm not a human trafficker. Please be gentle."

Only then did Xu Wen realize that he was so excited that the cotton swab had pricked Lu Yuanzheng's wound, and he quickly apologized: "I'm sorry! Does it hurt? I'll blow it for you."

Lu Yuanzheng felt even more miserable and hurriedly stopped her: "No, no, no, no need to blow. I'm not a winter student, so I'm not afraid of pain."

Afraid that Xu Wen would say anything else, he continued: "Sister-in-law Li is also very angry. She took off her belt and wanted to hang herself on the spot! Brother Lu saved Sister-in-law Li again and said to the Li family, 'You all despise her and I treat her as a child. baby!'

At that time, let alone the Li family, we were all confused.

After some communication, the Li family happily agreed to marry Sister Li to Brother Lu.

The Li family didn't even ask for a betrothal gift, and they didn't choose an auspicious day, so they hastily arranged for the two of them to have a wedding ceremony.

Later, Sister-in-law Li came to join the army and never returned home for so many years. She must have been heartbroken. "

"Ah! No wonder she was so sad just now and reluctant to leave here."

"Well, this is her home for her, and it's also the place where she and Lao Lu live together. So if we really have to move away, she will be no less sad than us."

"The military wife is really great!" Xu Wen sighed with emotion.

Lu Yuanzheng reminded her: "You are also a military wife now."

Xu Wen said nothing.

Lu Yuanzheng thought for a while, "But you still have a chance to regret it."

Chapter 47

Xu Wen looked at Lu Yuanzheng in confusion: "Huh? What regrets do you have?"

"Have you forgotten? I told you before that in order not to delay your marriage, we would only hold the wedding without getting a certificate. In our place, marriage needs to be reported. I haven't reported it yet, so you regret that it's too late."

Xu Wen frowned, "What do you mean?"

"Xu Wen, don't be angry. I'm not forcing you to do anything, I just want you to think clearly. In your words, the situation when we discussed getting married was a deal. But now the situation has changed. You have already passed the exam and passed the very good exam. University. I am not dead either. In this way, our marriage will be a burden to your future.

When you finish college, you will definitely be able to get a good job. When you want to get married, there will definitely be a lot of outstanding young people waiting for you to choose from. Which one is more suitable to be a husband than a desperado like me.

You have seen Sister-in-law Li's tears, and you have heard what she said. If you narrowly escape death like this time, or even die, it may happen again one day.

This is not fair to you. I originally wanted to wait until after the New Year to discuss this matter with you.

I saw you bursting into tears tonight because of what Mrs. Li said, and I felt that it would be better to explain it clearly as soon as possible. "

No wonder Lu Yuanzheng, a person who doesn't like gossip, suddenly told the story of Sister-in-law Li and was waiting for her here.

Xu Wen remained silent, finished changing the remaining medicine for Lu Yuanzheng, bent down, picked up the water basin on the ground, and walked out.

Lu Yuanzheng followed her with his eyes.

He noticed that Xu Wen was a little angry, but he didn't know why.

He knew that if he didn't mention this, Xu Wen wouldn't mention it, but it's not enough that people can't take advantage.

When he wanted to marry Xu Wen, he really just wanted to help her.

At that time, she didn't expect to come back alive, but she was just born with some extraneous things. Except that the word "widow" gave Xu Wen a bad reputation, marrying herself at that time had only benefits and no harm to her.

Although Xu Wen mentioned that Wen Yiming said that the college entrance examination would be resumed.

He only thought that Wen Yiming was talking nonsense to disturb Xu Wen's mind. Who would have thought that he would recover as soon as he said he had recovered in the college entrance examination, let alone that Xu Wen would be so good that he could get into college.

In the afternoon, Lu Yuanzheng went to the battalion headquarters for a meeting. The leader even teased him and said that he was lucky enough to marry a college student.

Of the five million candidates this year, only 270,000 will be admitted to college, and the admission rate is only 5%.

A guy with his head in his waistband marries a promising college student?

This is called delaying others!

In addition, according to the above meaning, they will be transferred to the island after the New Year.

Let's not talk about whether there will be a war on the island. Even if there is no war, it is clear that we must open up the wilderness. If you think about it with your toes, it will be so difficult that it will be set back ten years.

The island is not close to the shore, so it is not easy to get out.

What's more, Xu Wen got admitted to Peking University, and there is no tuition fee for going to university.

Lu Yuanzheng felt that he was Xu Wen's burden no matter how much he thought about it, so he couldn't help but make it clear.

He thought that a rational person like Xu Wen would make a quick decision, but he seemed to be angry?

why?

Xu Wen really didn't expect Lu Yuanzheng to say such a thing suddenly.

Feeling a little aggrieved for no reason.

I feel even more aggrieved than when my uncle and aunt jointly spread rumors and slandered me.

Of course, the two kinds of grievances are completely different feelings.

She wavered once before marrying Lu Yuanzheng.

At that time, I had thought everything through.

So even when the news of Lu Yuanzheng's death reached home, Xu Wen never thought about getting married again in the future.

Of course, I didn't have time to think about it.

But it's not her who's shaken now, it's Lu Yuanzheng.

Xu Wen was not used to arguing with others, so he squatted in the bathroom and poured out the blood in the basin, washed the towel, collected his emotions, and then walked back to the bedroom.

Lu Yuanzheng has fallen asleep.

People are not made of iron, and no matter how strong their willpower is, they cannot resist the insistence of a strike when the body needs to repair itself.

Lu Yuanzheng was still frowning, as if there was something he couldn't think about.

Xu Wen suddenly had nowhere to say the words he had prepared and could only swallow them.

Xu Wen, who had insomnia, lay on his bed in his clothes and looked at the ceiling.

Ask yourself: Why would Lu Yuanzheng be so generous and give himself the opportunity to repent and make himself unhappy?

Intellectually speaking, there are only advantages and no disadvantages to separating from Lu Yuanzheng, apart from the damage to his reputation.

But her reputation was limited to the commune. After she went to school, those bad words could no longer be heard in school.

So why doesn't she regret marrying Lu Yuanzheng?

Because of Dongsheng?

Lu Yuanzheng is alive, and Dongsheng is no longer a burden to her. He only considers his relationship with Dongsheng to be his godson, and visits him every winter and summer vacation.

So it's not because of winter growth.

What else is the reason?

In the courtyard, the New Year's Day was also very lively.

After having dinner early in the morning, we organized activities as a company unit.

Those who are willing to participate in activities participate in activities, and those who are willing to move freely are free to move.

Of course, except for those standing guard.

In fact, the closer the holiday, the tighter the security in the compound.

There is a more professional term called combat readiness.

When I woke up in the morning, it was Dong Sheng who called the door. As soon as I walked in, Lu Yuanzheng and Xu Wen kowtowed to pay New Year greetings.

Lu Yuanzheng touched his pocket, paused, then touched the tip of his nose and looked at Xu Wen.

He had no money on him.

Xu Wen ignored him and handed the red envelope he had prepared to Dongsheng, leaving him to change into new clothes for the New Year.

I also put on a more festive summer skirt.

Just the one I wore to my wedding.

It's too cold to wear in the north, but it's just right in the south.

Lu Yuanzheng was startled when he saw Xu Wen coming out of the bedroom, and praised her: "She's very beautiful!"

Xu Wen still ignored him.

Lu Yuanzheng touched the tip of his nose and continued: "It's just a meal in the morning. If you don't like a big pot of rice at noon, you can make it yourself. I'll have the food delivered later."

In the courtyard, grains, oils, rice, noodles, vegetables and meat are all supplied uniformly.

Every morning, supplies are delivered uniformly by trucks, distributed by regiment, and then collected by battalion and company.

If there are people living in the family building in the courtyard who want to start the fire by themselves, if they tell the company in advance, they can go to the canteen to get vegetables on their own.

Usually only once in the morning. After ninety o'clock, the cooking team will have cleaned and processed all the ingredients for the day. If you pick it up after a while, you will only be left with a semi-finished product. For example, you can only use scallions for green onions.

Xu Wen paused for a moment while arranging Dongsheng's clothes, but still didn't say anything. He held Dongsheng's hand and said, "Let's go to the canteen to help make dumplings."

Lu Yuanzheng stretched out his arms to stop them and told Dongsheng: "Dongsheng, you go and play with your uncles first. I have something to tell Mom."

"No! I lent Mom to you tonight, now it's time to return Mom to me!" Dongsheng held Xu Wen's arm with both hands, and his calf was wrapped around Xu Wen's leg, "When we come back, Mom You haven't spent much time with me, so I'm here with you! She is my mom, not your mom!"

Xu asked: "..."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

Lu Yuanzheng shouted and raised his intact left hand to hit Dongsheng on the head.

Xu Wen took Dongsheng and took a step back to avoid Lu Yuanzheng's hand.

The road expedition with empty hands: "..."

Lu Yuanzheng raised his eyes and looked at Xu Wen and then at Dongsheng, "She is your mom but she is my wife! You go out to play for a while first!"

This time, before Dongsheng could speak, Xu Wen refused: "Aren't you not planning to have a wife? A son is more reliable than a husband! At least he won't always tell me, 'Mom, please think again about whether you want me or not. Mom?'."

On this point, Dongsheng's position is much firmer than Lu Yuanzheng's. From the moment he hugged her thigh and recognized "mother" to now, Dongsheng's position has not changed.

No one can persuade me.

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

Watching Xu Wen lead Dongsheng out of the door, he held it in for a long time, cursed, and drove the wheelchair out by himself.

The first floor is not flat, there are always a few steps.

Lu Yuanzheng looked at the two steps at his feet and fell silent.

I never thought that I would be stumped by two stairs in my lifetime.

No wonder there is an old saying that if a person is unlucky, his teeth will get clogged if he drinks cold water.

Now he has difficulty moving, his wife is angry with him, his son dares to run against him, and he can't even climb two stairs.

Big fire!

Lu Lian, no, Lu Ying's profound analysis of himself came from the morning of New Year's Day.

Behind the family building is a shop.

The nature is similar to that of the supply and marketing cooperative of the production team.

The instructor of the company next door came out of the store just now and was very happy to see Lu Yuanzheng.

"Hey! Lu Lian's look is quite unique!"

Lu Yuanzheng raised his head and looked at him: "Wang Mazi, have you given me New Year's greetings?"

Wang Mazi is his nickname, and his real name is Wang Shunyi.

Wang Shunyi sighed: "You said you were injured like this, but why didn't you hurt your mouth?"

Even though he was poor, Wang Shunyi still helped Lu Yuanzheng to send him down the stairs.

"Thanks!"

Wang Shunyi was not in a hurry to return to the family building. He put an arm on the armrest of Lu Yuanzheng's wheelchair and asked him: "Are you really married?"

Lu Yuanzheng nodded.

"Okay, you! You can do it without showing off. Find such a beautiful little wife! I heard that she has even been admitted to college?"

"Yeah. My wife is amazing!"

Wang Shunyi patted the armrest of the wheelchair, "Why are you so proud? Hey! Let me remind you, there are so many talents in the university. Your wife is young, beautiful and talented. When she goes to university, you don't worry about her running away with someone else? "

Which pot won't be opened? Lu Yuanzheng gave Wang Shunyi a sinister look.

Wang Shunyi slapped himself in the mouth, "I was wrong! It's the Chinese New Year. I just talked nonsense and didn't mean to arrange my sister-in-law! Bah, bah, bah!"

Wang Shunyi pushed Lu Yuanzheng across the street before turning back to his room.

Lu Yuanzheng suddenly said: "It is against the law to sabotage military marriages."

Wang Shunyi was stunned for a moment, then suddenly became happy: "Ouch! We, Lu Lian, also have such a day when we are not confident?? But it really only happens on the first day of the new year."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

In addition to dumplings, breakfast also includes glutinous rice balls and rice porridge.

After all, dumplings are what northerners like to eat during the New Year, but the people in the compound come from all over the country. Every aspect of the cooking class is taken into consideration as much as possible.

After breakfast, the camp organizes games together.

It was not organized by Lu Yuanzheng. He was a sick patient and had not yet performed his duties. It was organized by instructor Shi Lei.

Xu Wen was originally not very interested in such group activities, but Dongsheng liked to play, so he dragged her to accompany him.

She also heard Dongsheng bragging to the children everywhere, saying how powerful his mom was!

This made Xu Wen not only have to participate in the game but also play seriously in order to save face for him.

Lu Yuanzheng raised his eyebrows and didn't leave, but he definitely couldn't participate in the event and could only watch on the side.

The clerk was a little unsure about Lu Yuanzheng's intentions and asked him, "Lu Lian, are you going back to the family building?"

Shi Lei pointed at the document and cursed: "You have no eyesight! Can't you see that Lu Lian's eyes are glued to my sister-in-law? You go and play! I will see him off later."

Lu Yuanzheng raised his eyes and looked at Shi Lei, but he didn't refute.

"Looks like you're not in a good mood?" Shi Lei squatted beside Lu Yuanzheng and spoke proactively.

"Are you watching my brother's joke?"

"How can that be possible? Don't I care about my partner? After all, we will have to get along day and night when we go to the island." Shi Lei paused and added, "Maybe we will spend more time together than you and your sister-in-law!"

Lu Yuanzheng hummed without interest.

Shi Lei looked at him and then at Xu Wen, who was playing hawk and catching chickens in the distance, and guessed: "Did you quarrel with your sister-in-law?"

"It doesn't count!" Lu Yuanzheng frowned, "I just gave her some advice for her benefit."

"Ah? Ha! You deserve it!" Shi Lei gloated, "Comrade Lu Yuanzheng, believe me, I am your senior when it comes to marriage. As a senior, I will give you a piece of advice, never do it for her in the name of doing her best. What a decision! Otherwise, I guarantee that your internal injuries will be much worse than your external injuries."

Lu Yuanzheng frowned: "What should we do?"

"As a man! As a married man, you have no second choice, just coax him!"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

You are really principled.

Chapter 48

coax?

The road expedition was thoughtful.

"Look at you, you're a love-struck bastard!" Shi Lei mocked Lu Yuanzheng rudely.

Lu Yuanzheng raised his eyebrows. Are you trapped by love?

"Tsk! You'd better stay away from me! It's too shameful to be with you." Shi Lei shook his head and walked away.

"Fuck! Didn't you say you would send me back?" Lu Yuanzheng called to him.

Throw away his documents and then ignore him?

Shi Lei hissed, stopped and turned around, with a look of hatred on his face: "Are you stupid? Your brain is not very good at dealing with enemies? How can you deal with your own wife and those two idiots from Guigang?"

"My wife is not an enemy!"

Shi Lei walked back a few steps and said earnestly: "I'm not asking you to treat your wife as an enemy! But you have to study it as seriously as you treat your enemy and formulate a battle. You are not just trying to trick people into planning and executing tricks."

He patted the armrest of the wheelchair and said directly: "Let my sister-in-law push you!"

This time I really left after saying that.

Lu Yuanzheng looked thoughtfully at the adults and children playing games not far away.

After they finished playing eagle and catching chicken, they started playing throwing handkerchief again.

He thought that an intellectual like Xu Wen wouldn't like such a childish game, but he didn't expect that he got into it quite well.

Dongsheng and Dongsheng are like a pair...siblings.

Lu Yuanzheng touched his face, feeling a little unhappy for no reason, and shouted to Xu Wen: "Ask me, come here and do me a favor."

In front of so many people, Xu Wen had to give Lu Yuanzheng some face and let Dongsheng play first. He walked to Lu Yuanzheng and pushed him back.

"Do you want to see the sea?" Lu Yuanzheng raised his head to ask Xu Wen's opinion.

Xu Wen replied firmly with two words: "I don't want to."

"It's so hot in the room early in the morning, why don't we go for a walk together?"

Xu Wen didn't even reply and pushed him firmly towards the family building.

"Don't you want to see where I... grew up in winter?"

"Our scenery is pretty good."

"..."

No matter what Lu Yuanzheng said, Xu Wen didn't say a word. Just as he was about to reach the door of the unit, Lu Yuanzheng forcibly stopped the wheelchair with his hands and sighed softly: "Xu Wen, let's talk?"

Xu Wen still didn't say anything, but he didn't push anyone further into the family building.

"It's not convenient for people to come and talk here. The room is humid and stuffy. Can we go downstairs?"

Xu Wen was silent for a while, then pushed up the wheelchair and walked back, all the way down the main road.

At the end of the road, you can see the distant scenery through the gap between the two companies.

When we were in the car, we saw the sea very close at hand, but if we really wanted to go now, we would have to walk for a while.

Xu Wen wasn't afraid of walking, but there were dirt roads and tank marks underneath. Pushing a wheelchair for a while would cause Lu Yuanzheng to have wounds all over his body, including those that were already scarred.

She looked around and saw a stone table under a tree not far ahead, and there were stone benches next to the stone table, so she pushed Lu Yuanzheng to the shade of the tree, "Let's talk here!"

Lu Yuanzheng secretly breathed a sigh of relief.

Frankly speaking, he was a little scared if he really had to go on like this.

Not being afraid of pain doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt.

He raised his eyes and looked at Xu Wen, whose face was expressionless.

Lu Yuanzheng asked softly: "Are you still angry?"

"I'm not angry. Why should I be angry when you consider everything for me so thoughtfully?"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

That's not the case with your expression or your tone.

"Since you have someone to take care of you here, it's a good time for me to send Dongsheng back to you. I'll leave tomorrow!"

"Where will you go as a girl during the Chinese New Year? Can you please stop saying such angry things?"

"Does it have anything to do with you? We didn't file a report or get a certificate. Oh, the wedding is not over yet. It's good that we are both free. In your words, I can find a promising future in college right away. What am I doing here?"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

He was so choked that he couldn't say a word. He didn't know why a girl who was obviously very knowledgeable could be so choked when she spoke.

Thinking of Shi Lei's words, Lu Yuanzheng swallowed his explanation and said: "I'm sorry, I was wrong, I apologize!"

Xu Wen didn't say anything this time, and stood aside with a cold face, looking up at the tree.

Lu Yuanzheng bit the tip of his tongue and subconsciously wanted to touch the cigarette. There was nothing in his pocket. He reached out and picked a leaf, pinched off the leaf and put it in his mouth, biting the stem, thinking about how to coax him.

"Lu Yuanzheng." Xu Wen suddenly said.

"arrive."

Xu asked: "..."

But he knew that every time he called Dongsheng, he always answered who he was.

Lu Yuanzheng explained: "I'm used to it."

I was just distracted when I heard my name being called out of habit.

"Before we got married, I wavered once." Xu Wen sat on the stone bench and faced Lu Yuanzheng, "That time I was thinking about what you said yesterday."

"ah?"

"At that time, I knew that I would take the college entrance examination this year, and I knew that I would definitely pass it."

Xu Wen's words were a bit crazy, but Lu Yuanzheng knew that Xu Wen didn't mean to show off, he was just stating a fact.

"I thought about it for a whole week. Until I was framed by Wen Yiming and taken away, I didn't think about the choice. The reason for not marrying you is obvious. If I stay for another three or four months, I can get out of the current predicament on my own. .Like you said last night, I may have a better future and more choices in the future. It must have been a bit troublesome to regret the marriage at the time, but like you said, I am generally a relatively rational person. I have weighed the losses caused by regretting the marriage. Compared with getting into college, it's actually nothing."

Lu Yuanzheng listened silently.

"I even took a piece of paper during evening self-study and carefully wrote down the pros and cons of marrying you and the pros and cons of not marrying you. Frankly speaking, it is obviously better for me not to marry."

Lu Yuanzheng couldn't hold it back and asked, "Then why did you decide to marry me?"

Xu Wen shook his head, "I didn't think clearly at the time. After all, there were some complications between you and me at that time. You always left with the intention of dying. I always thought it might be because of the relationship between hero worship, or sympathy for you and Dongsheng. . But you are still alive now, at least the sympathy is gone."

"Is there only admiration left?" Lu Yuanzheng raised his eyebrows, smiled and shook his head, "I'm just an ordinary person, and my life lasts forever... If you say that, I can't delay you. What if one day you feel that I am not who you imagined? Don't you have to regret it?"

Xu Wen didn't refute him, he just said: "You wanted to distract me last night by telling Sister Li's story, but I saw your reaction!"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

His face turned red suddenly, and the conversation he had just opened closed again in an instant.

"I......"

Xu Wen waved his hand to stop him: "I'm not questioning you. You don't need to explain. I just want to ask you, do you like me? Or are having a reaction and liking me two different things?"

Lu Yuanzheng has always been a well-organized person, but when he was pushed away by Xu Wen, his mind went blank due to embarrassment. He couldn't follow Xu Wen's thoughts for a while. When he heard her question, he nodded subconsciously: "I like it."

Xu Wen smiled.

Lu Yuanzheng looked at her smile and laughed too. After laughing, he remembered what he had said and sighed softly: "Xu Wen!"

The tone was a little more doting and helpless.

He is a human being, not a piece of wood.

Xu Wen is young, beautiful, and well-educated.

It's only natural to like her.

"here I am!"

"I..." Lu Yuanzheng sighed again and smiled bitterly, "I can't eat you if I like you. It's hard to follow me."

"What do you like about me?" Xu asked only what he wanted to hear.

Lu Yuanzheng's Adam's apple rolled as he thought about the scene when he first met her.

Not in the pond, but that time when I was catching moths.

Lu Yuanzheng counted the questions on his fingers: "You are smart, kind, beautiful, well-educated..."

Almost all the vocabulary he knew was piled up.

Xu Wen was a little disappointed and curled his lips: "I can't say I like you if I like you."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

Lu Yuanzheng's mind twitched and he asked: "Then do you like me?"

"I don't like it!" Xu asked simply, "Who likes a piece of wood!"

After saying that, he turned around and left.

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

He called Xu and asked, "What will I do if you leave?"

"You should reflect there!"

Xu Wen left very simply, without even looking back once.

It's not that she has no conscience, the stone table is in the corner of a certain company.

She noticed that when she was talking to Lu Yuanzheng, someone poked their head in the room. After all, he is also the new battalion commander, so he is worried that no one will send him back to his home?

As Xu Wen walked, the corners of his lips began to rise.

Do you like him?

Of course I do.

Marry only if you like her.

This is what she figured out last night.

Which girl doesn't have a heroic dream in her heart?

What's more, Lu Yuanzheng is a true hero, both to her and to the country.

The same goes for Xu Wen. Although he has been a man for two lifetimes, he just graduated from college in his last life.

She had never had the chance to think about it so much before. Just like what she told Lu Yuanzheng, she only thought it was pure admiration and sympathy.

If you think about it carefully, in fact, the reason why you didn't break off the engagement even though you wavered last time was probably because you liked it.

She knew that people in this era were more concerned about the matchmaker's words and their parents' orders when getting married.

Few people would consider liking or disliking as a reason for two people to get married.

At least it is particularly rare in rural areas.

But who doesn't like mutual love?

If Lu Yuanzheng didn't like her, he would only make arrangements for her properly, just like arranging Dongsheng, and would not coax her so hard.

It's okay if you really don't like her. There's a long way to go and she can always make him like her.

A man! You have to teach slowly.

Lu Yuanzheng and Xu Wen returned to the hospital early on the second day of the new year.

It's no good if he doesn't come back. Li Daoming's medicine is only prescribed until the second day of the Lunar New Year.

The health companies in some camps can handle it, while others can only be returned to the hospital.

The camp sent a car to take them both there.

The health company has an ambulance.

This time Lu Yuanzheng insisted on climbing into the car by himself and refused to be carried anymore.

He didn't take Dongsheng with him, so he mainly took him to the hospital. Xu Wen didn't bother to take care of him.

There were some children playing with him in the courtyard, and most of those people were familiar to him.

This winter-born rabbit spent the whole morning complaining, "Mom, you said you wouldn't separate from me."

Lu Yuanzheng promised him that he would be sent to the hospital in two days, and Dongsheng reluctantly agreed to stay.

Li Daoming had been waiting for Lu Yuanzheng early, and was relieved when he saw him come back. As soon as they met, he complained with a bitter face: "Because of you, I haven't had a good year this year. You ran away, but I was clean. Knowing that I was detained by the dean What do you think? I should have taken a day off today! Just because of you, I was summoned to the hospital early in the morning. Our director said that if you don't come back today, he won't let me go home."

"That's it!" Lu Yuanzheng looked regretful, "If I had known earlier, I would have come back at night!"

Li Daoming: "..."

"Lu Yuanzheng, look at your villainous face!"

After returning to the ward, Li Daoming checked the injury of Xialu Yuanzheng and clicked his tongue.

Chapter 49

He raised his hand and poked the newly scarred wound from the Xialu Expedition.

Lu Yuanzheng hissed.

Xu asked: "Doctor Li, please be gentle. How is his injury? Is it getting worse?"

Except for the night of New Year's Eve, Lu Yuanzheng always went to the health department to change dressings and infusions.

Xu Wen didn't stop him, guessing that he was afraid of being embarrassed like that night.

Li Daoming: "..."

He made a measured move, and it was painful, and he definitely didn't go to the point of making way for Yuanzheng to cry out. This was intentional! Just to make his wife feel sorry for him?

Li Daoming looked at Lu Yuanzheng and said: Turtle son! shameless!

Lu Yuanzheng raised his eyebrows proudly at him.

Li Daoming rolled his eyes and replied to Xu Wen with some relief: "It's much better than I thought! I thought he would have to come back all red. My sister-in-law is better and can cure him!"

Xu Wen smiled, not taking such polite words seriously.

The more I hear the word sister-in-law, the more I get used to it.

Li Daoming finished prescribing the medicine, gave some instructions, and left!

He had to go home and catch up on his sleep.

Only Lu Yuanzheng and Xu Wen were left in the ward.

For a moment, both of them were speechless.

Lu Yuanzheng's physical fitness is indeed strong, his spirit is getting better day by day, and many injuries are visibly getting better.

The bruises on his eyes have basically gone away, and his face can finally be seen.

Xu Wen peeled a banana and handed it to Lu Yuanzheng.

Lu Yuanzheng took it and asked, "Do you have anything else you need to get home before going to school? If so, can your family send it to you and go directly to school from here?"

Xu Wen shook his head, "No. I thought so too. I asked the other sisters-in-law, and they said there is a direct train to Beijing. I will buy the tickets in the afternoon."

The train station is not far from the hospital.

Lu Yuanzheng is getting better day by day, and he no longer has to worry about having no one to take care of him during the winter. She really had no reason not to go to school.

She had to report to school after the Lantern Festival, and she wanted to buy tickets in advance.

Lu Yuanzheng frowned, "Go by yourself?"

"Otherwise?" Xu Wen looked him up and down, "Could you send me there?"

It's hard to walk even with a crutch, so I really don't dare to count on him.

Unexpectedly, Lu Yuanzheng nodded, "Okay, I'll see you off."

Xu asked: "..."

"I just said casually, don't take it seriously." Xu Wen waved his hand.

Lu Yuanzheng now has most of the gauze removed. Although he doesn't look like a mummy anymore, he still has two fractures!

Send her like this? Delivered in a wheelchair?

"I don't trust you if you go alone." Lu Yuanzheng said seriously.

"Tch! You were so straightforward when you persuaded me to regret my marriage. Now you can't worry about taking a train?" Xu Wen didn't appreciate it.

Women can be really vindictive! Lu Yuanzheng thought helplessly.

"It's different. I'm not trying to persuade you to regret your marriage, I just think..." Lu Yuanzheng frowned, thinking about the right wording.

"Not worthy of me?"

Lu Yuanzheng was silent for a while and nodded, "That's about it. You..."

"I deserve better, don't you? Stop it! Battalion Commander Lu, I never heard that you are so unsure of yourself? Is it hurting your brain? Shall I call Doctor Li back to show you?"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

This girl's mouth is getting more and more vicious.

"You should avoid hanging out with those people in the company in the future. They have all been led astray." Lu Yuanzheng paused and continued, "It's not that you are not confident... Anyway, as long as you don't regret it. But whether you follow me or not, I can't Let you take the train by yourself. You are a girl and it is not safe to travel thousands of miles."

If he had been awake and said nothing, he would not have let her come by herself. He still hasn't asked what bastard called Xu Wen here.

"Then are you going to send me off in a wheelchair or on crutches?"

This was obviously a joke by Xu Wen, but who knew that Lu Yuanzheng actually thought about it seriously and answered her: "I'll try to see if I can apply to fly you off."

Xu asked: "..."

Taking advantage of Xuwen, he hitchhiked back to the company to pick up Dongsheng, who was missing his mother. Lu Yuanzheng sneaked to the hospital to find Lian Zhenxing in the agency.

Lian Zhenxing was the Uncle Lian that Dongsheng called him back then. He was his former regimental commander and now the brigade commander.

Lian Zhenxing was quite surprised to see Lu Yuanzheng, "Ouch! What's going on with you? You came here on crutches?"

"I have something to ask you."

"It's really rare for you to ask for help. Tell me? What kind of trouble have you encountered?"

"It's not a problem. My wife has gone to college, right? I want to apply to fly."

The Aviation Administration is still a military-civilian union, and it is not something you can get a job if you have money. It requires cadres who have reached a certain level.

"This is not difficult. It is also reasonable. You have made great achievements and almost died for the country, so you let your family fly back..." Lian Zhenxing glanced at Lu Yuanzheng, "You can handle such a thing without asking me, right?"

Lu Yuanzheng is now a battalion commander, so he can still arrange such things.

"There's another main thing."

"explain."

"I remember we have regulations. Wounded people like me can apply for recuperation. I want to apply."

Wounded soldiers like Lu Yuanzheng who have just come off the battlefield can apply for a few months of off-site recuperation.

Usually they go to places with beautiful scenery.

It's like a vacation in disguise. It just needs to be in a sanatorium, which is also owned by the military.

Lian Zhenxing glanced at Lu Yuanzheng, "When were you not qualified? But you didn't even go?"

"I want to go this time. I want to go to the capital."

"Why don't you go to heaven? Did you hear anyone go to the capital for recuperation? Besides, the local care in the sanatorium in the capital is very strict. We are close to Guilin, and the scenery is nice."

"Guilin is too hot."

"Is it Guilin fever or is your date in the capital?"

Lu Yuanzheng stopped talking and laughed.

"get out!"

"Okay!" Lu Yuanzheng turned around and rolled away. He knew that this was a promise.

"Stop."

Lu Yuanzheng turned around and asked, "What else does the leader have to say?"

"Submit the marriage report first. Didn't you submit the report half a year ago? I only saw you applying, but I didn't see you handing in the documents. Otherwise, how would your wife register to fly?"

Lu Yuanzheng hesitated for a moment and nodded, "Okay."

"I heard that your partner is a female college student?"

"Yes. The top scorer in this year's college entrance examination."

"I can see your stomach! Shut your mouth a little! I haven't seen you so happy when you got the first-class merit." Lian Zhenxing finished taunting him and added, "Take her to your house for a meal later."

"Good!"

"get out."

Xu Wen was flying on a plane for the first time in his life.

She was not very interested in airplanes, but she was somewhat curious about the people who flew on them, especially the flight attendants.

Decades later, flight attendants are famous for their fair skin and beautiful appearance, and their uniforms show off their exquisite figures.

But at this time, uniforms with curves showing off the curves were not yet popular.

There are very few flight attendants. They are all dressed in workers' blue, with exposed white shirts or fake collars, and their service attitude is very good.

Dongsheng was also flying on a plane for the first time. He looked out the window eagerly, squirming around excitedly, and kept talking about his new discoveries.

"Wow! Mom, we are in the sky."

"Dad, look! We are in the clouds!"

"..."

Old God Lu Yuanzheng was leaning on the aisle seat with his eyes closed and concentrating. When Dongsheng called him, he gave a perfunctory hum and didn't even bother to open his eyes.

"Do you often fly?" Xu Wen took the initiative.

Lu Yuanzheng nodded and shook his head, "This is my first time flying in civil aviation. I have flown in a helicopter before."

Will sit when you need to skydive.

Lu Yuanzheng glanced at Xu Wen, "Have you ever flown on a plane?"

Xu Wen nodded almost reflexively, paused mid-nod and shook his head.

Lu Yuanzheng raised his eyebrows and said, "You don't look like this is your first time flying."

It was so calm, almost like taking a bus.

Xu Wen blinked and explained: "Actually, I'm very nervous, but I can pretend so you can't tell."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

Just don't quite believe it.

Xu Wen looked at Lu Yuanzheng and sighed: "So the benefits of being a soldier are so good? Not only can you fly, but you can also travel for free!"

Lu Yuanzheng glanced around subconsciously and twitched the corner of his mouth: "If you say that, others will misunderstand that I am using power for personal gain, and maybe I will be labeled as a senior citizen."

travel?

Is this a word that can be spoken?

Xu Wen admitted his mistake: "Recuperate."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

"Not everyone can go to recuperate. Usually after a large war or a relatively tragic battle, some officers and soldiers will be sent to recuperate. In addition to skin injuries, these people also have psychological problems. They will stay in the war, and some It's abnormal. It's fine if you raise it lightly, but if it's serious, you may not be able to get out of it for the rest of your life. Especially for recruits who have just entered the battlefield, they often vomit after killing the enemy for the first time. They will continue to have nightmares even after the war is over. "

Xu Wen understood, it was actually PTSD, post-traumatic stress disorder.

No wonder the word recuperation is used.

Such a place should be established for prevention and treatment.

After all, a beautiful and comfortable environment and the company of loved ones can make people feel much happier.

Heart disease is basically a knot in the heart that cannot be untangled. Once it is untangled, you can get rid of the inner demons.

Xu Wen looked up and down at the expedition, "You won't be able to get out of the war either?"

He doesn't look like someone with psychological problems at all.

Lu Yuanzheng shook his head, "This is my first time in a nursing home."

I was often qualified, but Lu Yuanzheng refused, always feeling that it was unnecessary to go to that kind of place.

"Why?"

Lu Yuanzheng glanced at her and said lightly: "Isn't this just to send you to school?"

Xu Wen blushed, but didn't quite believe it.

"I'm not lying to you. I'm really worried about you going there by yourself! I can't see you off without going to the nursing home."

He is a soldier, how can he have the freedom to go wherever he wants? This kind of thing will not be approved.

Xu Wen's eyebrows were filled with a smile, "So you mean you are doing so much just for me?"

Lu Yuanzheng didn't say anything. He felt that saying it was a bit asking for credit, and saying otherwise was a bit contrary to his will.

After a while, he managed to say: "I'm just afraid that Dongsheng will miss you."

"What about you? Will you miss me?"

Lu Yuanzheng has a dark complexion and generally does not blush. Only the tips of his ears will be more obvious red.

After Xu Wenwen finished speaking, he stared at the tip of Lu Yuanzheng's ears.

Sure enough, the tips of his ears quickly turned red.

Lu Yuanzheng gritted his teeth, Xu Wen asked such a quiet girl, who usually spoke softly and often blushed, how come she sometimes said something bold?

Lu Yuanzheng turned his head and said nothing.

Dongsheng quit and pushed him, "Mom asked you but you haven't answered yet! You said it was impolite not to answer when others asked."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

I taught you other things, why didn't you remember them so clearly?

He raised his eyelids and glanced at Xu Wen, then quickly lowered his eyes and hummed.

Xu Wen smiled with satisfaction.

Dongsheng didn't let him go: "What do you mean? Do you want to or don't want to?"

Lu Yuanzheng slapped Dongsheng across Xu Wen, "Why is it that you have so many children?"

Xu Wen subconsciously wanted to block him, and leaned forward slightly, just in time to put himself on his arm.

Summer clothes are thin, even if there are two layers of clothes in some places, they cannot cover such a distance.

Xu Wen suddenly held his chest and leaned back on the chair.

Lu Yuanzheng felt as if he was being burned by fire, and he retracted his hand.

This time, both of them blushed at the same time and turned their heads in opposite directions. No one was speechless for a moment.

Only Dongsheng was left chirping.

Lu Yuanzheng apologized: "I'm sorry."

Xu Wen was about to say it was okay, but he changed his words: "This kind of intimacy between husband and wife is normal. No need to apologize, just show off."

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

Chapter 50

The capital was far less prosperous than in later generations, at least it wouldn't be impossible to walk around left and right for half a day without being able to figure it out.

The nursing home has a car to pick you up.

Xu Wen thought that a sanatorium sounded like it should be in a secluded place in the suburbs, similar to a hospital.

Unexpectedly, this is not the case. The sanatorium is located in the city center and covers a large area. There is no mountain or water on the outside. Once you enter the gate, you realize that there is something special.

Small bridges, flowing water, pavilions and attics, large courtyards within small courtyards.

The house arranged for Lu Yuanzheng was also a separate house. Although it was not big, it was still very spacious for a family of three.

It is said that this room is divided according to the severity of the disease. The deeper parts of the sanatorium are for the more injured patients, some of whom require personal care for twenty hours.

It was not based on trauma but on the mental test results. Lu Yuanzheng and the others did a mental check-up when they first arrived.

Xu Wen was very curious about how psychological tests were done in this era, but it was a pity that family members were not allowed to accompany them, so she could not see them.

The closer you are to the outer courtyard, the better your mental condition is.

The Lu Yuanzheng is quite special. Generally, officers and soldiers only come to recuperate after their external injuries are almost healed. They only need to look at the mental aspect. Lu Yuanzheng was seriously injured but still in good spirits. The person in charge of the sanatorium thought carefully and arranged for them to be placed in the middle of the sanatorium.

Xu Wen and Dongsheng curiously visited the place where they would live in the next two or three months.

There are trees and flowers planted in the yard, and the decoration style of the house is very simple, which is warm and relaxing.

If it weren't for the emergency medical equipment in the master bedroom, it would be hard to imagine this being a nursing home.

Dongsheng held Xu Wen's thigh and asked her: "Mom, is your school far from here? Can you come back and live?"

Xu Wen subconsciously looked at Lu Yuanzheng.

Lu Yuanzheng also looked at her, with anticipation in his eyebrows.

Xu Wen shook his head, "I haven't reported yet. But it should not be far. If possible, I will come over to see you often."

"Then we can't live together?" Dongsheng curled his lips, "Then can I go find you?"

"If the school allows it, can you come back and live there?" Lu Yuanzheng also invited Xu Wen, "Will you take care of me?"

Xu Wen looked at the senior and junior students and said, "Then I will apply to the school when I go to register tomorrow to see if it is allowed."

Xu Wen reported to school by himself.

Lu Yuanzheng wanted to send her off, but in the end it was unclear which of them would send her off.

Fortunately, the sanatorium is close to the school and it is very convenient to take the bus.

Originally, Lu Yuanzheng wanted to arrange for someone to send her off, but Xu Wen didn't like to trouble others.

Besides, they were new here, so they were not familiar with the place and it was hard to trouble others.

On the first day of registration as a freshman, Xu Wen became a celebrity at Peking University.

It's not because of college entrance examination results. What top universities are most in need of are freshmen with good grades.

Even the provincial champion can't be counted with one slap.

When introducing yourself, everyone is the number one.

Generally, after freshmen enroll, each class will be assigned a counselor to manage daily class affairs.

When the counselor arranged for everyone to leave, Xu Wen chased after him and asked the counselor if he could study day-to-day for two or three months and if he could graduate early.

The counselor asked her why she had to study for several months and why she wanted to graduate early.

The matter of day study was easy to explain. Xu Wen said that her lover was injured and was hospitalized nearby and needed care. The counselor readily approved it. She still had this authority.

Mainly on the second point, Xu asked the counselor: "If I can pass all the exams from freshman to senior year and complete the thesis in advance, can I graduate early? If not, can I skip classes and just take the final exam?"

The counselor was shocked.

It's just the first day of school, and students are asking if they can graduate without going to class?

How crazy is this?

If Xu Wen was the kind of naughty student, the counselor could comfort herself that she was just joking, but Xu Wen didn't look like the kind of student who would joke with the teacher. She had a serious look on her face, and it was obvious that she was asking seriously.

The counselor took a deep breath and wanted to explain the university rules to Xu Wen.

It's not impossible to graduate early, but you have to earn enough credits.

No matter how talented you are, you can't earn enough credits on the first day of college. It will take three years at the earliest.

She wasn't angry at all. After all, it was only the first day of school. This female student probably didn't understand what it was like to ask such an innocent question in college.

It happened that the principal happened to be passing by and heard Xu Wenwen's words, and stopped to call them.

The counselor was busy guarding Xu and asked: "Principal, this is the first day for new students. If you don't understand anything, you are just talking nonsense."

The principal shook his head, "I don't think so." He looked at Xu Wen and smiled kindly: "Classmate, do you know what you are talking about?"

Xu Wen first thanked the counselor for protecting him, then nodded to the principal and said seriously: "I know."

Then the principal took Xu Wen away.

This scene was seen by students passing by and spread quickly.

Xu Wen became famous when asked.

No one knew what the principal said when he took Xu Wen away. All they knew was that the principal asked people from the Foreign Languages ​​School to send a copy of all the exam papers from the freshman to senior years at the end of last semester to the office.

All refer to in addition to professional courses, including Chinese language and advanced mathematics, etc.

Two professors were also invited to mark the test papers on site.

The moon was already high when Xu Wen came out of the principal's office. He couldn't help but flinch as he pushed open the door of the office building.

I don't know when it started to snow, and there was already a layer of snow on the ground.

Xu Wen had just come from the south and was a little uncomfortable. He rubbed his hands and covered his head with the hat on his coat. He thought it was better to go back to the dormitory and spend the night first.

As a result, I didn't even take two steps before I saw Dongsheng walking on the road with crutches and playing in the snow like a rice dumpling.

Dongsheng was very excited when he saw snow for the first time. He stuck out his tongue to catch the snow and eat it.

A layer of snow has fallen on Lu Yuanzheng.

Xu Wen jogged a few steps and asked, "Why are you here?"

"If you don't worry, come and take a look."

Lu Yuanzheng came here in the evening and wanted to ask Xu Wen if he could go back and live there. If so, he would pick her up.

Who knew that as soon as I arrived, I would hear about Xu Wen's deeds.

I'm afraid that today, every student at Peking University doesn't have a second topic besides Xu asked.

Lu Yuanzheng made a brief inquiry and came here to wait.

In the meantime, I was worried that Dongsheng would be hungry, so I went to their school cafeteria for a meal. At that time, Lu Yuanzheng thought that he could experience college life.

Although he doesn't look like a college student, this generation of students is special and the age gap is very large. Even if Lu Yuanzheng leads Dongsheng, it is not out of the ordinary.

"Mom!" Dongsheng saw Xu Wen and ran towards her.

The road was slippery and Dongsheng almost fell.

Xu Wen hugged him and didn't let him fall to pieces.

Xu Wen touched Dongsheng's hand, rubbed his face with his forehead, and frowned: "Are you just waiting outside? The temperature difference is already big when you just came back from the south. Did you make Dongsheng sick from the cold?" He turned back. Training expedition, "You too, why are you waiting to run out when you are not at home? What if the snow wets the wound?"

Thinking back to the past, when she first arrived in a foreign land, she went through an extremely brain-burning and long time answering questions. She went out hungry to drink from the biting northwest wind. Xu Wen was still a little sad when she saw the man under the light waiting to take her home. and the children, with only bursts of warmth in their hearts.

Lu Yuanzheng took off his military coat and put it on Xu Wen. Before Xu Wen could refuse, he put two sweet potatoes that had been warming in his arms into her hands, "Are you hungry?"

Xu Wen bit the tip of his tongue lightly, the tip of his nose was slightly sour, and hummed, looking at the warm roasted sweet potato in his hand, his eyes filled with moisture: "Thank you."

Lu Yuanzheng glanced at her and imitated her: "Between husband and wife, there is no need to be polite about such trivial matters."

Xu asked: "..."

The rooms in the nursing home are all heated, and the warmth hits your face as soon as you enter.

Xu Wen struggled to carry Dongsheng onto the crib, took off his clothes except for a thin layer of autumn clothes, and covered him with a quilt.

Dongsheng's bed is newly added, right next to the big bed.

Lu Yuanzheng saw that Xu Wen had been busy since he walked in, and sighed softly: "Suddenly I feel a bit useless."

"Huh?" Xu Wen, who was filling him with bath water, heard Lu Yuanzheng laughing at himself and turned around in confusion.

Lu Yuanzheng lowered his eyes, "Thank you for your hard work. I feel like you haven't rested well in the school dormitory since you came back." Jing took care of their father and son.

Xu Wen understood, smiled and shook his head: "It's not like this all the time. Aren't you seriously injured? It's just for the time being. Does such a trivial matter hurt your self-esteem?"

"It's not that I hurt my self-esteem, I just feel that I have wronged you too much." Lu Yuanzheng paused and apologized, "I'm sorry."

Xu Wen didn't know whether to laugh or cry, "Just carry Dongsheng to bed, put some warm water for you, and even apologize?"

Lu Yuanzheng was injured and couldn't use the bathtub, so he could only take a shower. Xu Wen just helped him drain the cold water.

Lu Yuanzheng shook his head, "It's not because of this. When I was waiting for you in the evening, I was thinking that if I really couldn't come back, would you be able to come to such a good school if you brought up Dongsheng by yourself? Even if you came to take Dongsheng to study, , how hard must life be? And it will be a problem for you to get married with him in the future... Anyway, I'm sorry."

Before the marriage, everyone including his uncle felt that Xu Wen had taken advantage of him.

In fact, he owed Xu Wen.

Of course, at that time, he had no idea what Xu Wen and Dongsheng would go through, nor did he expect that such a rational person as Xu Wen would put raising Dongsheng first in his life.

In addition to being moved, there is also admiration and gratitude.

He wanted to be nicer to her, so he applied to follow her because he wanted to take care of her, accompany her and protect her.

Unexpectedly, she still took care of him and Dongsheng.

"This has nothing to do with you. I like Dongsheng and would like to treat him as my son. With you! I am more relaxed. I can go to school without any burden like now. Without you...he is also my son."

"Dongsheng is very lucky!" Lu Yuanzheng sighed, "I am also very lucky to marry you!"

"No! We haven't gotten married yet. We haven't gotten the certificate yet."

Only then did Xu Wen find out that reporting was only limited to their internal registration, and that marriages still had to go to the Civil Affairs Bureau to get a certificate like normal people.

"It's a matter of time!" Lu Yuanzheng leaned against the door frame, looking at Xu Wen who was testing the water temperature with a smile, feeling something he had never felt before in his heart.

Warmth, peace of mind and an indescribable feeling, especially comfortable.

"Okay." Xu Wen shook off the water on his hand, turned around and looked Lu Yuanzheng up and down, "Do you need me to help you?"

Lu Yuanzheng put the crutch behind the door, wanting to scare her and let her know that men shouldn't be messed with, so he opened his arms: "Come on!"

Xu Wen's face was hot, and the tips of Lu Yuanzheng's ears were red.

After all, Xu Wen, who had been around since the 1940s and 1950s, couldn't seduce a man who had relatively conservative ideas in the 1970s.

She was so embarrassed that she wanted to rush back to the bedroom and close the door, but she didn't show it on her face. She glanced at Lu Yuanzheng, put her hand on Lu Yuanzheng's collar, and began to unbutton his shirt.

From the neckline down.

One.

Two.

Three...

Lu Yuanzheng grabbed Xu Wen's hand, pushed her out of the bathroom, and said at the same time: "Remember, this kind of thing should be left to men! Girls should not be so proactive."

Xu Wen was stunned for a moment, then laughed rudely.

No one can preach at this time!

With a smile, Xu Wen took the warm roasted sweet potato from the radiator, peeled it off, broke off a piece and put it in his mouth.

Very sweet.

It's always sweet in my heart.

Although all the stitches on Lu Yuanzheng's body were removed and his wounds were scarred, he still had several fractures. His movement was not very convenient and his bathing was very slow.

When he came out, Xu Wen was lying on the sofa and asleep, with half a sweet potato in his hand.

Lu Yuanzheng put down his crutches against the coffee table, bent down, and frowned before his hand touched Xu Wen. He stiffened and straightened up, frowned in annoyance, and sighed softly.

I can't hold her in my arms now, even if I grit my teeth.

He smiled self-deprecatingly, patted Xu Wen resignedly, and called her: "Wake up! Go to bed to sleep! You will catch a cold here."

Xu Wen opened his eyes and closed them again, feeling sleepy and delicate: "I'm so sleepy."

Lu Yuanzheng bit his back teeth and passed his hands through Xu Wen's armpits and kneecaps respectively, thinking that the worst chance would be that the wound would open again.

As a result, when he exerted force on his upper body, the casted leg could no longer hold its strength, and he lost his balance, falling on Xu Wen's body.

Lu Yuanzheng gritted his teeth and cursed: "Quack doctor!"

Li Daoming must have been afraid that he would act recklessly, so he used his hands and feet on his plastered leg to make him unable to exert his strength.

Xu Wensheng was awakened by the pressure. As soon as he opened his eyes, he saw Lu Yuanzheng's face close at hand.

Not only the tips of his ears but his entire face turned red. He was so embarrassed that he sat up on the sofa and apologized: "I'm sorry!"

After Xu Wen was confused for a moment, he blinked: "Lu Yuanzheng, do you want to secretly kiss me while I'm asleep?"

Lu Yuanzheng: "..."

My face was burning, I had never been so embarrassed in my life.

With helpless hands, he propped up his body and squeezed himself between the coffee table and the sofa in an awkward position that was neither squatting nor kneeling. He didn't bother to get up and explain in a panic: "I'm not! I didn't! I was just afraid that you would catch a cold on the sofa. I......"

"I didn't control my strength well. I'm sorry!" Lu Yuanzheng gave up explaining and apologized instead.

Because it feels more embarrassing to tell the reason. I couldn't hold anyone up and I even fell down.

If the brothers in the company knew about this, they would laugh at him for three days and three nights.

Lu Yuanzheng couldn't explain clearly, but how smart was Xu Wen? After thinking about it for a moment, I realized that he wanted to hug me but didn't.

Xu Wen also wanted to laugh, but Lu Yuanzheng was obviously extremely embarrassed now. She didn't want to add insult to injury, so she secretly pursed her lower lip.

Lu Yuanzheng raised his eyelids and looked at her, almost helplessly saying: "Just laugh if you want! How uncomfortable is it to hold it in?"

"Hahahaha..." Xu Wen laughed until his stomach hurt, and he lay on the sofa holding his stomach, "I'm laughing so hard!"

Lu Yuanzheng was so laughed at by Xu Wen that he wanted to dig a hole and bury himself at first, but then he leaned on the sofa with an expressionless face, stretching his long legs casually and saying nothing.

Under the light, the ferocious old scar on the side of the face also looked much gentler. Following Lu Yuanzheng's breathing, he silently asked Xu Wen.

Xu Wense was overcome with fear, raised his body with two arms, and kissed Lu Yuanzheng's lips.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22K 222 8
Head Zhou brought back a soft and stunning beauty, everyone on the island didn't like it, after all, life here is too hard, and to marry a daughter-i...
16.1K 380 29
A powerful, ruthless, cold and ferocious mafia king Caesar Mikhailov, who is respected and feared by all - except him. Igor Smirnov is a loyal, fear...
49.4K 495 16
70s, Daily Life on Island (七零海岛日常) Author: Lin Aludong Lin Tao is a coffin, and the villagers think she is unlucky. The eccentric grandmother wants...
13.3K 161 9
Author: Jiang Zhizhi Type: Through Rebirth Status: Completed Last update: September 09, 2022 The latest chapter: Chapter 82, the end As soon as Chu Y...