✔️ 70's Stepmother's daily li...

By CNovel_Reader

70's Stepmother's daily life of raising a baby (七零后妈咸鱼带娃日常) Author: Survival through writing https://quanben... More

Chapter 1-10
Chapter 11-20
Chapter 21-30
Chapter 41-50
Chapter 51-60
Chapter 61-70
Chapter 71-80
Chapter 81-90
Chapter 91-100
Chapter 101-110
Chapter 111-120
Chapter 121-130
Chapter 131-140
Chapter 141-150
Chapter 151-160
Chapter 161-170
Chapter 171-180
Chapter 181-190
Chapter 191-201 (end)

Chapter 31-40

2K 22 0
By CNovel_Reader

Chapter 31

Xu Wen was so frightened that he opened his eyes.

The room was pitch black and nothing could be seen.

When I closed my eyes again, I saw a palm-sized mirror with its own luminous effect.

"Hello, new stepmother, please allow me to introduce myself." The little mirror bowed like a gentleman, "My name is Magic Mirror, but I am not the magic mirror in the hands of Snow White's stepmother. Mine is It exists to help you educate your children better.

You can ask me about all the difficulties you encounter in parenting. Of course, I don't necessarily know. "

Xu asked: "..."

What's the use for you?

Xu Wen cursed in his heart, but Magic Mirror became anxious, "Of course I'm useful, I'm very useful!"

"for example?"

The mirror suddenly doubled in size, about the size of a tablet, and the mirror surface was replaced by a screen, which densely displayed a bunch of text, telling her: "This is my instruction manual."

Xu Wen had been busy all day and was tired and sleepy. He barely read two lines before completely losing consciousness.

I only remember that magical sentence: "Magic mirror, magic mirror..."

As soon as Xu Wen woke up, he heard an accusation: "You are so excessive!"

Xu Wen looked around blankly. It took her a long time to react to the unfamiliar environment before she remembered that she was already married and that she was in her new home.

Dongsheng beside him was like a little frog. Zhengxiang was sleeping on his stomach with his butt stuck out and there was drool at the corner of his mouth.

Xu Wen finally remembered that the voice seemed to be a magic mirror, but he didn't know if it was a dream.

She tried to get rid of distracting thoughts and closed her eyes again.

Sure enough, I saw the magic mirror biting its finger... the handle in grievance.

"What on earth do you do?" Xu Wenxin asked.

The magic mirror showed the instructions again.

After reading it, Xu Wen said, "I still don't quite understand."

Magic Mirror raised her neck proudly, "I understand."

Xu Wen thought for a while and tried to ask according to the instruction manual: "Mirror, Mirror, what are the breakfasts suitable for a three-year-old child?"

There was just a beeping sound, and a bunch of recipes appeared on the mirror.

Xu Wen snorted, "These recipes of yours are not from this era at all."

What kind of milk, who can afford to drink it now?

Mo Jing retorted unconvinced: "These ingredients are available in this era, but you don't have them at home."

"Are you laughing at me for being poor and unable to afford it?"

Seeing that Xu Wen was a little unhappy, Mo Jing reminded him, "You can also choose the ingredients you have. For example, this egg soft pancake with millet porridge."

It said that a detailed recipe for egg soft pancakes appeared on the mirror. Not only are there ingredients details, such as sixty grams of flour and two eggs. It also comes with vivid step-by-step diagrams in case people don't understand.

Xu Wen was amazed and praised it: "I didn't expect you to be useful."

The magic mirror raised its head proudly... Mirror: "That's it!"

Xu Wen opened his eyes and looked at Dongsheng, who was still sleeping soundly, and left the bedroom quietly.

This was the most solid sleep she had had in the past two years.

There is no family or roommate. Although there is a little Dongsheng, he sleeps heavily, talks in his sleep, and snores, which can be ignored.

Xu Wen was no longer afraid of what would be revealed if he talked in his sleep.

There was also a well in the yard of his home. Xu Wen fetched water and took a brand new toothpaste and toothbrush from the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his face.

Lu Yuanzheng was really a very attentive person. He even prepared a lotion for Xu Wen.

Xu Wen's nose felt a little sore when he thought about the long journey, and he quickly shook his head and worked on other things.

No matter how much you think about it, it won't help. Why make yourself miserable for the rest of your life.

Xu Wen first cleaned the yard, fetched water from the well and splashed the bluestone tiles on the floor to prevent dust from flying and also reduce the temperature.

I also tried to make a plate of egg pancakes according to the recipe given by the magic mirror.

Don't tell me, the broken mirror works pretty well.

Xu Wen, who was using the magic mirror for the first time, said he could barely give it a five-star rating.

While waiting for the millet porridge to be cooked, Xu Wen sat by the stove, lighting the fire, counting money, and checking accounts.

The total money Lu Yuanzheng left her before leaving was two hundred and twenty yuan and two cents.

Xu Wen secretly clicked his tongue, so it turned out that Lu Yuanzheng was still a wealthy person?

Marry a wife and have no foreign debt, but still have surplus?

Lu Yuanzheng spent a lot of money to marry her, and the bride price for the Xu family was one hundred and ninety-nine yuan.

In accordance with the current fashion, three turns, one sound and seventy-two legs were prepared.

The banquet was also sumptuous.

Although it is clearly written in the account book that some money is still owed to the supply and marketing cooperative and some members, there is still a lot of money left over even after the debts are paid off.

Xu Wen counted and found that he had received a total of five hundred and sixty-seven yuan in gift money, and he owed one hundred and forty-eight yuan and seventy cents.

Part of it is money from tobacco and alcohol in the supply and marketing cooperative, and some is money from the members to buy chicken, duck, fish and meat.

Although self-employment is not allowed, special arrangements can occasionally be made.

Such as getting married.

For example, when Lu Yuanzheng and Xu Wen got married, there were twenty or thirty tables at once. How could they have so many meat stamps and food stamps at once?

Therefore, for events such as red and white events, it is allowed to ask the members to borrow the ones in their private plots first.

This kind of borrowing usually involves paying back the money but not the thing.

I've eaten all the food, but I still have to go wherever I go.

Xu Wen now has a total of 787 yuan in his hand. After deducting the 148 yuan and 70 cents he owes, he still has 638 yuan and 50 cents left.

Xu Wen clicked his tongue, "I thought I picked a poor boy, but I didn't expect to marry an invisible rich man."

Six hundred yuan was a huge amount of money in 1977!

Xu Wen once read a statistic: one dollar now is equivalent to two hundred and twenty dollars in forty or fifty years.

According to this calculation, the 600 yuan in her hand is equivalent to more than 140,000 yuan.

"It turns out that getting married can make you rich!" Xu Wen curled his lips mockingly.

The money in her hands is the real hard-earned money.

It was earned by Lu Yuanzheng through life and death.

According to Lu Yuanzheng, his monthly allowance is forty or fifty yuan.

But the allowances also increase from low to high.

If the average monthly salary is calculated as 40 yuan, it is less than 500 yuan a year.

Dongsheng was over three years old, which meant that Lu Yuanzheng had been saving for over three years.

Excluding the necessary living expenses, the one thousand five hundred yuan is only about one thousand two hundred yuan.

However, I heard from Lu Yuanzheng that they would be paid for thirteen months a year, and there would also be rewards for meritorious service.

Calculating it at 1,500 yuan, I would probably spend it all to marry her.

Xu Wen felt a little uncomfortable because Lu Yuanzheng was too kind to her. She deserved it.

Xu Wen put out the fire and found a new notebook to keep accounts again.

I want to remember every penny I spend.

"Mom!"

Xu Wen heard Dongsheng calling for someone and walked into the back room.

Dongsheng rubbed his eyes and sat on the bed. His face was originally unhappy, but when he saw her, he turned from sadness to joy, "Mom, I thought you were gone."

Xu Wen touched his head and said, "I won't leave. We will all live together from now on."

Dong Sheng nodded fiercely.

"Can you dress yourself?"

"meeting."

"Then you get dressed and I'll serve the food."

The weather was not too hot in the morning, so Xu Wen moved a small table and placed it on the patio, and sat face to face with Dongsheng who had just washed his face at the table.

There is a bowl of millet porridge for each person, a plate of egg pancakes on the table, and a plate of cold cucumbers.

Winter students gorge themselves.

"Eat slowly! No one will compete with you. If it's not enough, I can make more." Seeing that Dongsheng was about to choke, Xu Wen poured a bowl of cold water for him.

Dongsheng poured the water down and then said: "Mama's cooking is so delicious! It's great to have moma."

"Then I will cook it for you every day from now on."

"You don't have to do it every day. Dad said you have to go to school. If you go to school, you can't do it. I'll do it for you during your vacation."

"Okay." Xu Wen replied, but he was thinking in his mind that Dongsheng was already three and a half years old, and he should go to kindergarten according to his age.

But the production team does not have a kindergarten, so they have to go to the commune.

This matter will have to be discussed later with the uncle and brother-in-law.

After finishing breakfast slowly, Dongsheng rushed to wash the dishes. Xu Wen went to clean the pot first, and then taught Dongsheng to wash the dishes again.

The others were small and couldn't wash them clean, and there were still millet grains stained on the outside of the bowl.

After cleaning up the house, Dongsheng took Xu Wen to pay off the debt.

Xu Wen reported: "Liu Sangou."

Dongsheng led her to Liu Sangou's house, and she owed Liu Sangou five and eight yuan.

After paying off the money, Xu Wen crossed out Liu Sangou in his account book and went to the next house.

They were all from the same production team, and they didn't borrow much money, so there were no IOUs and they were all repaid on credit.

Dongsheng led Xu Wen to eliminate all the people who owed money, leaving only the last big creditor - the production team supply and marketing cooperative.

"Dongsheng, you are so smart! You have only been back with dad for a month and you can remember so many families?" Xu Wen praised sincerely, like a little native.

"Dad taught me. Every time you change the environment, you have to get to know the people first, so that you can distinguish the good guys from the bad guys."

"Do you often change places?"

"Yes. I spend a lot of time in the compound. I often go out with my father. I will set up a tent at the beach and swim in the sea..."

The whole family chatted and walked around. After settling the accounts with the supply and marketing cooperative, Xu Wen was finally debt-free.

Not only is she debt-free, but she is also considered a wealthy woman.

The little rich woman led the little rich second generation to the door of her house and saw Xu Wen waiting outside.

"Second brother? Why are you here so early?"

"Our mother was afraid that you and the children would be hungry, so she asked me to pick you up early and take you home for breakfast."

Xu Wen felt a warm feeling in his heart.

Before he could say thanks, he heard Dongsheng's unconvinced argument: "Second uncle, I'm not hungry, we've had breakfast. Mom's cooking is delicious."

Xu Wen had eaten Xu Wen's cooking before, and rolled his eyes: "Yes, your mom's cooking is delicious, but it wastes fuel!"

Xu asked: "..."

Although Xu Wen came to pick up Xu Wen, Xu Wen still rode his bicycle by himself. I can't come back and I'll bother Xu Wen to send him off.

From a distance, I saw Zhu Meizhen and the others waiting at the intersection.

This battle made Xu Wen very uncomfortable and muttered: "It's like having such a big battle, it's like entertaining guests."

She was obviously going home, and she just got married yesterday.

"It's the son-in-law who is waiting for you at home, not you! If Lu Yuanzheng is not here, you are taking advantage of him." Xu Wen glanced at Xu Wen and teased her, "A married daughter is a guest. Of course I have to be polite to you. !"

Xu Wen was so angry that he stretched out his hand to hit him, "You are the guest! I am my parents' little princess."

"Don't fall!" Xu Wen tried to reach out to support Xu Wen's handlebar, fearing that she might fall, "If you are not good at driving, you will have a bad temper!"

Xu Qiushi, who was not far away, said: "Let me tell you, isn't she the kind of person who only cries? You still don't believe it. Look at her laughing so heartlessly!"

Zhu Meizhen retorted: "It's not heartless to ask. This girl is thoughtful and likes to keep things in her heart without saying anything! Don't keep mentioning Xiao Zheng later."

"Grandpa and grandma!" Dongsheng poked his head out from behind Xu Wen and waved to Xu Qiushi and Zhu Meizhen.

"Why!"

Xu Qiushi and Zhu Meizhen responded at the same time.

Zhu Meizhen really liked Dongsheng. The child was good-looking, sweet and coaxing. "Come, grandma, hug me!" She walked a few steps quickly and picked up Dongsheng from the back seat of Xu Wen's bicycle.

"You guys go home first, I'll return the bike." Xu Wen patted the handlebar.

The bicycle was borrowed, and Xu Wen didn't need him to give it to him in the afternoon, so it was better to return it early.

During lunch, Xu Wen took out five hundred yuan and put it on the table, "Mom, dad, second brother, sister-in-law, you use this money to build a house first."

Xu Qiushi was the first to refuse: "No! Xiao Zheng is not at home. You take the money from home and send it to your parents' house. If people find out, why don't you poke your spine?!"

"The road was given by the expedition."

"That's not possible." Xu Wen also disagreed, "You can't earn work points now, and you still have to go to school. Dongsheng is usually sent to other people's homes, so you have to bring living expenses, right? Five hundred yuan seems like a lot, it's really affordable. Time flies."

"Wenzi is right," Zhu Meizhen said, "Ask me, the life of the leader's family is different from my own. Before you got married, you had to rely on us for everything. Once you got married, you had to rely on yourself. When you got married, Xiao Zheng gave you a gift of 200 yuan. Money, we can't drain both of your families' wealth.

Besides, is this money you just received as a gift? This money is equivalent to borrowing, and you will have to pay it back as a gift to anyone who has trouble in the future. You gave it all to us. If there are a lot of relatives and friends this year, what will you give us as a gift? "

Sang Xiaoqing moved her mouth but remained silent.

She actually wanted the money, not because she was greedy, but because she wanted to borrow it.

What woman doesn't long for her own house?

It's just that Xu Wen really didn't have the nerve to ask for the money.

If it weren't for her complaining words, Xu Wen wouldn't have gotten married so early.

The groom left before the wedding was even completed.

The parents-in-law didn't say anything, but they might blame her in their hearts.

When I heard my mother-in-law say that this was a debt of gratitude, I didn't even dare to speak.

"It doesn't matter what others say. Dongsheng and I have already set aside living expenses." Xu asked, "Our family should really build two more rooms. Let's talk about the future later. Let's get over the current difficulties first." "

"I agree with the question." Grandma said, "Let's unite as a family. If she has money, let's use it first. Wouldn't it be different to return it to her when we have it?"

"Mom!" Xu Qiushi sighed softly, "Let's not talk about anything else, where can we build a house with the limited space we have? Now there is no spare homestead in the team. There are a lot of people who want to build a house waiting in line! "

Xu Wen suggested, "How about my brother and sister-in-law move to my place?"

There are still many empty rooms in her house.

Chapter 32

Xu Wen refused without even thinking about it: "No! After you got married, you brought your brother and sister-in-law home to live together. Do you still want your reputation? What will your family think of you? Your neighbors will also have to arrange for you."

Grandma and Xu Qiushi also disagreed with this matter.

The reason is similar to Xu Wen.

Xu Wen had no choice but to propose again: "Then grandma will live with me?"

"Silly girl, it's a good thing that you are filial. But no one in the family can live with you. I have a son and a grandson, and I will live with my granddaughter. Where do you want your father and brother to put their faces? It's not okay to let your parents live there. . They are old and young, and they cannot leave."

Zhu Meizhen also disagreed: "Ask me, you just got married, and everyone is still new and won't say anything. This life cannot last forever. When everyone gets used to Xiao Zheng not being at home, even if you live with the child by yourself, you may not be able to Something to say."

There is a saying that "there are many disputes before a widow's door". Although Xu Wen was not a widow, she was no better.

What's more, Xu Wen is not her biological mother but a stepmother.

Lu Yuanzheng was safe and sound, but if he had any shortcomings, the Xu family living in the courtyard would have been spit upon by members of Lu Yuanzheng and his production brigade.

My uncle who is on an expedition has to knock on the door.

Xu Wen knew that even though the Xu family treated him better than most families in the commune treated their daughters, they were still feudal and felt that they were a married woman and living in their own house was not a good thing.

When I come to live with myself again, I always feel like I'm living under someone else's roof, and I feel uncomfortable in my heart.

So I can only persuade them to accept the money.

But if you want your family to receive money, you must first solve the foundation problem.

Xu Wen thought for a while and said, "Actually, there is a piece of land that can be used as a homestead, but it's a bit troublesome."

Sang Xiaoqing's eyes lit up and asked: "Where."

Xu Wen took his chopsticks and pointed outside the house, "The front neighbor is to the south."

Sang Xiaoqing was immediately discouraged, "The palm-sized area to the south of our front neighbor can't even build a room."

The area of ​​​​a single wheel is enough to build two rooms, but no one builds a house close to the homestead, so there must be a few dozen centimeters of room around.

Xu Wen also shook his head, "Even if it can be opened, it won't work. Once you push the door, it will fall into the bay."

Wan is the local name for this side of the commune, referring to the river.

"I've seen it. The water in that bay is not deep. Moreover, it has been abandoned. The stagnant water inside is smelly. It's not really a bay, it's just a big puddle. It's useless to keep it. If you really want to build a house, you can ask the production team to build a house. Let's discuss it and put in more effort to fill in the soil to create a homestead size."

Everyone in the Xu family was silent.

Xu Wen was a little excited, "There is a way. But the bay is not shallow. I swam in it when I was a child. It is at least one meter deep. Filling it with soil is also a big project."

"It's not that deep to fill in from the edge." Xu Qiushi knew better, "How can I fill such a big place by myself until the end of the year? If I ask for help, I'll have to wait until the end of the autumn. And if I ask for help to buy food and wine, I'm afraid. It's more expensive."

Most of the people in Taoyuan Production Brigade are simple and kind-hearted.

If anyone needs work, everyone will help.

For example, building a house and doing official and wedding events.

Especially when it comes to things like building a house, many members not only help out but also do other things, and they know how to use any shovel or pickaxe.

People contribute their efforts and tools, but the owner has to take care of the food, right?

Those with good conditions are provided with two meals at noon and evening, while those with poor conditions are provided with one meal.

Most are stews.

Cabbage tofu soup or winter melon soup with some meat in it.

You have to take care of enough food, and you have to have tobacco and alcohol.

Filling the river is obviously a big project. It will take ten days and a half to hire help, and it will cost a lot of money to feed so many people.

"The problem is that asking for help has to wait until after the autumn harvest." Xu Wen pointed out the focus of the problem, "After the autumn harvest, we have to repair the river. It will be freezing when everyone has time to help us after finishing their work."

It's too cold to work.

Sang Xiaoqing glanced at Xu Wen but hesitated to speak.

After being married for a year, Xu Wen understood what Sang Xiaoqing meant and gritted his teeth and said, "How about we do it ourselves? In the morning before starting work and in the evening after work, we would bulldoze a little bit and do it ourselves. I can do it myself if I work slowly for a month or two." Done."

"Okay! I'll come with you." Xu Qiushi also said, "We can finish the work before the autumn harvest no matter what."

Zhu Meizhen felt a little sorry for her husband and son, "What will you do if you two get exhausted?"

Grandma didn't think so: "Strength can still give birth if you use it. How can it be such a good thing if you don't have any money and use some strength? Qiushi, when you go to work in the afternoon, go talk to the captain and see if you can use the front piece. The land was granted to us as a homestead."

Xu Qiushi agreed.

If you really want to build a house, the two hundred yuan at home won't be enough. You still need Xu Wen's money.

The Xu family are all honest people and would not do anything to take advantage of their son-in-law, but they would definitely not be able to build a house with this money.

After some discussion, they agreed to borrow Xu Wen's money after buying bricks.

In the evening, after Xu Wen gave Dongsheng a bath, he turned around and reluctantly returned to his bedroom.

In fact, he and Xu Wen were separated by a wall.

Xu Wen could tell that he didn't want to be separated from her, but he also felt that the son was avoiding his mother, not to mention that she was not his biological mother.

Dongsheng is a boy and should be more independent.

But Dongsheng's way of suppressing his unhappiness made Xu Wen feel very distressed.

After taking a bath, she still couldn't help but want to see Dongsheng. Just as she was about to open the door, she heard a quiet sob coming from inside.

Xu Wen froze.

She closed her eyes and summoned the magic mirror: "Magic mirror, magic mirror, at what age is it appropriate for a little boy to sleep in separate rooms?"

"Magic Mirror thinks that boys can have separate beds at the age of three, and separate rooms at the age of six is ​​more appropriate. The specific situation depends on the child's condition."

Xu Wen rolled his eyes, as if he hadn't said anything.

But when she went to the gym decades later, there was a warning sign in the men's and women's bathrooms.

It says that boys four years and older cannot enter the girls' bathroom, and similarly girls four and older cannot enter the men's bathroom.

So it's okay to sleep in the same room for another half a year, right? !

Xu Wen raised his hand and knocked on Dongsheng's bedroom door.

"Dongsheng, can I come in?"

Dongsheng sobbed and said, "Mom, I fell asleep."

Xu Wen laughed and opened the door.

The curtains of the Dongsheng House were not closed, and the moonlight and starlight filtered in through the windows, so that the inside of the house could barely be seen clearly.

Dongsheng seemed to particularly like the ostrich sleeping position, still lying on the bed with his little butt stuck out and his face buried in the pillow.

Xu Wen sat down by the bed and asked him: "Dongsheng, do you miss dad? Or do you just want to sleep with me?"

Dongsheng's buttocks arched, as if he wanted to raise his head but didn't want to.

"Are you really asleep?" Xu Wen suppressed a smile and pretended not to notice his little movements, "Okay then! I still want to ask Dongsheng to live with me. Since Dongsheng is asleep, I'd better go!"

"I'm not asleep," Dongsheng jumped up and grabbed Xu Wen's clothes. His face was still stained with tears, and his eyes were as red as rabbit eyes.

Xu Wen hugged Dongsheng into his arms and wiped away his tears with his fingertips, "Don't cry! Do you miss daddy or do you want to sleep with me?"

"I want to sleep with you."

"Then why did you always say you wanted to sleep by yourself?"

Before taking a bath, Xu Wen also asked Dongsheng if he could sleep by himself.

Dongsheng firmly replied that he could, and also said that he would sleep with Lu Yuanzheng by himself.

Dongsheng choked and raised his eyes to look at Xu Wen.

"Just tell the truth, I won't be angry."

"Dad said that I can't pester you to sleep with me. He said that you like to sleep by yourself. He also said that if I cheat, you will not like me and won't let me call you Mom." Dongsheng pursed his lips in grievance, "He also said that I don't want to sleep with you." I heard that he will beat me when he comes back."

Xu asked: "..."

It's really a simple and crude way of education.

"Although Dad is right, I really want to sleep by myself, and I also hope that you can sleep on your own. But how do you usually sleep? With Dad or by yourself?"

"sleep together."

Xu asked: "..."

She thought for a while and asked another question, "Are you going to sleep in the same bed with dad, or in the same room and bed?"

"One bed per person. I would be scared to sleep alone."

Xu Wen felt soft in his heart and patted him on the back: "Then let's take it slow. Let's sleep in the same room as before, but each of us has a bed. When you are older, you can sleep in a room by yourself. good?"

"Is it really possible?" Dongsheng said excitedly, "Then will you not like me?

"No." Xu Wen put Dongsheng on the ground, "Now help me, let's move your crib to the next door, okay?"

"good."

Dongsheng's bed is somewhat similar to a camp bed, with a wooden board placed on an iron frame.

The structure is very simple and it is not troublesome to move.

After struggling for a while, Xu Wen finally succeeded in setting Dongsheng's bed against the wall.

Dongsheng stopped crying this time and jumped around for a while before lying down with a silly smile.

"Dongsheng."

"arrive."

Xu asked: "..."

Do you know who brought you up?

"Tomorrow, I have to go to school. Do you want to go to grandpa's house or grandpa's house?"

Dongsheng started to do it: "I want to be with Mom."

"But I have to go to school and can't take you with me. How about I come back to accompany you on the weekend? This is what we agreed before, right?"

Dongsheng nodded reluctantly and made his choice: "Grandpa's house."

The next morning, Xu Wenxian took Dongsheng to move his household registration to the Lu family production team.

Because Lu Yuanzheng does not have a permanent residence. Dongsheng's household registration cannot be left alone, so Xu Wen had to open a household registration book and put Dongsheng in his name.

Her relocation of household registration has relieved some of the burden on the Xu family.

Because Xu Wen doesn't earn much work points and only gets rations. Once her household registration is gone, the Xu family can get less rations and more money.

Her family had enough rations, but not enough money.

In the Lu family production team, Lu Yuanzheng's uncle is the captain, and he is relatively easy to talk to.

Furthermore, Xu Wen and his son did not earn work points if they did not work. Sharing rations was equivalent to paying for them, which would not hinder the interests of others, and the commune members had no objections.

Although the household registration was transferred to two neighboring production teams, it was a bit troublesome to go through it. It definitely can't be done in one day, the most I can do is submit good information.

Xu Wen and Uncle Lu Yuanzheng will help her with the rest, so she doesn't have to worry about it.

After waking up in the afternoon, Xu Wen sent Dongsheng to his uncle Lu Yuanzheng's house and gave his aunt five yuan for Dongsheng's food expenses.

Five yuan is enough for Xu Wen to eat for a month. But Dongsheng is asking others to help him, and it may delay others from earning work points, so he must be compensated.

As soon as school ended at noon on Saturday, Xu Wen rode his bicycle back.

She couldn't worry about Dongsheng.

Although Dongsheng is used to being separated from Lu Yuanzheng, according to his wishes, he has been living in the compound since birth, at least he does not need to change the environment.

Moreover, the compound is under military management, and everyone you see is Lu Yuanzheng's comrades or their families, and they eat in the compound cafeteria.

Dongsheng's treatment is not much different from that of other children in the family building.

Now Lu Yuanzheng has left, and she is not at home either.

Dongsheng is truly dependent on others.

She was afraid that he wouldn't adapt.

Xu Wen saw Dongsheng standing at the intersection from a distance.

Xu Wen quickly pedaled a few times and arrived in front of Dongsheng.

It had only been a week since she had seen him, and she almost didn't recognize Dongsheng.

I took Dongsheng with me on an expedition before. Although I often took him to the wilderness, I bathed Dongsheng in a timely manner and most of them were still clean.

Now the original color of Dongsheng's clothes can't be seen, his face is white and black, and his neck, arms, legs, and feet are all so dirty that he can't even see them.

She took Dongsheng and bathed him once or twice a day.

I have never seen Dongsheng look so dirty.

Not only is he dirty, but he also seems to have lost a little weight.

Xu Wen parked his bicycle and looked around, but didn't see his uncle or aunt. He bent down and opened his arms to Dongsheng, who was waiting for her to hug him.

Dongsheng threw himself into her arms, "Mom! Woohoo, I miss you."

"I miss you as well."

"Dongsheng." Xu Wen helped Dongsheng upright and asked him, "When did you come? Do you know, grandpa and grandma?"

Dongsheng shook his head.

Chapter 33

Xu Wen was very surprised, "Did you sneak out?"

Dongsheng nodded like a child who had done something wrong: "I want to come and wait for you."

Xu Wen frowned and was about to scold him when he heard Dongsheng's stomach growling.

His annoyance faded away, and he hugged Dongsheng onto the bicycle, "Let's go home first!"

Xu Wen was worried that his uncle and aunt wouldn't be able to find Dongsheng, so he wanted to ride his bicycle to his uncle's and aunt's house to say hello and pick up Dongsheng's change of clothes.

When I arrived, I found the door locked.

Xu Wen asked Dongsheng in confusion: "Your little grandpa and grandma are not at home?"

"Yeah. They went to work in the fields."

"Then who will stay with you at home?"

"Myself."

Xu asked: "..."

"Are you saying that grandpa and grandma left you at home to go to work?"

"Yeah. My little aunt also goes to school, and I'm just at home."

Dongsheng was willing to choose his uncle's and aunt's house because the youngest daughter of his uncle's and aunt's family was not much older than Dongsheng. The two of them can be playmates.

Xu Wen frowned, "Didn't your little aunt not go to school before?"

Nowadays, it is common for children to go to school late, even if they are nine or ten years old.

My uncle's and aunt's youngest daughter is called Wenwen. She seems to be only seven years old this year?

This question was a bit difficult for Dongsheng, he shook his head.

Xu Wen got on the bicycle again and asked Dongsheng while walking: "Then how did you get out of your grandparents' house?"

"There was a hole in the fence, and I climbed out." Dongsheng whispered, "Mom, I won't climb out next time, don't be angry."

Xu Wen didn't want to be angry with Dong, so he took him to the supply and marketing cooperative to buy some snacks for Dong Sheng to cushion his stomach, and then took him to buy some vegetables, meat and fruits.

"Did you not eat today?" Xu Wen frowned and asked Dongsheng who stuffed biscuits into his mouth.

Dongsheng nodded, "I woke up and my grandparents were not at home. I can't bite the cold cornstarch at home."

Xu Wen knew that Dongsheng's teeth were not very good. His upper teeth were all dark and incomplete.

I also know that in order to save trouble, many people make a meal of cold steamed cornstarch, pickles, and some boiled water in the morning.

This is normal.

But she brought living expenses to Dongsheng? !

Xu Wen took Dongsheng home, summoned the magic mirror and came out to find two simple recipes to cook the rice, and let Dongsheng eat first. He went to his uncle's and aunt's house to say hello in case they couldn't find Dongsheng and worried about it.

This time the door to my uncle's and aunt's house was open.

As soon as Xu Wen arrived in front of the door, he heard his uncle and aunt talking inside.

"Dongsheng, that brat, usually waits for Xu Wen at the intersection, but I didn't see anyone when I came back today. I don't know where he went wild!" the aunt complained.

The uncle said impatiently: "Okay! Stop nagging. He is still a three-year-old child. If you keep leaving him at home and run out, how can I explain to Zhengzi if something happens?"

"What could happen? Didn't our Wenwen always stay home alone when he was four or five years old? Besides, shouldn't I have to earn work points? Is it possible that for Xu Wen's five yuan, I still have to be a nanny to take care of Dongsheng?"

"Is five yuan too little? Without five yuan, how can we send Wenwen to school? Besides, five yuan is given for five and a half days. Twenty yuan a month is not less than earning work points, right? My last full day of work only cost seventy cents!

Let me tell you, don't be blind and just stare at the money in front of your eyes! Can Dongsheng be the same as Wenwen? Wenwen was born and raised here, how long has it been since winter came? It will be troublesome if you really get lost! "

"It's not like we have five dollars every week! Next week Dongsheng will go to your eldest brother's house. Don't dislike me. I will cook two meals at noon and evening. We will eat whatever the children eat. I have not treated him badly. ! It's because he doesn't like to eat it. And your sister-in-law... Haha, five yuan can't even be spent on Dongsheng. She is not as good as me. If you don't believe it, try it. "

"Okay, stop nagging and go cook! I'll go out to find the child."

Xu Wen quickly took a few steps back and shouted loudly: "Are uncle and aunt at home?"

Just as the uncle opened the door, he saw Xu Wen's face was a little uncomfortable, "Ask? Why are you back?"

Xu Wen reminded him: "Today is Saturday. I have a day off."

The aunt heard the noise and came over with a spatula, "Oh! Look, we were so busy that we forgot all about this. Well, you're here to call Dongsheng, right? Dongsheng and Wenwen went out to play, haven't you?" Come back. Your uncle is about to call them back for dinner. Just wait at home for a while!"

The uncle also quickly echoed: "Ask, you go into the house and sit for a while, I will go and find the child."

Before Xu Wen could say anything, Wenwen also entered the yard carrying a brand new schoolbag, "Mom and Dad? Has Dongsheng not come back yet? Why didn't I see him at the intersection? Are you waiting for his stepmother at the intersection every day?"

The uncle and aunt looked at Xu Wen at the same time, with very embarrassed expressions on their faces.

The more Xu Wen heard, the more annoyed he became, but before he was admitted to college he had to trouble his uncle and aunt, so he could only grit his teeth and endure it, smiling, "I was just about to say this, but when I came back I saw Dongsheng standing alone at the intersection, very hungry. Gugu screamed and took him home. I originally wanted to tell you first, but when I came to see no one at home, I came here after cooking for Dongsheng, which made you worried. "

Xu Wen's tone was calm and neither annoyed nor angry, but the accusation in his words was also obvious.

Uncle and aunt looked at each other, both embarrassed.

The little aunt explained: "There is a lot of work in the team today. Someone asked for leave, so I took over for a while. I usually stay at home and watch Dongsheng."

Xu Wen couldn't hold back, "Really? Thank you, auntie!" She touched Wenwen's head, "Wenwen, your new clothes and schoolbag are so beautiful, unlike our Dongsheng who just came out of the mud puddle. It's like crawling out, dirty!"

My uncle and aunt are even more worried. Do you want to refute? Xu Wen didn't accuse them, and he did feel guilty. Don't refute it! I also felt a little aggrieved that I couldn't take care of the child well.

Just because they didn't speak didn't mean that Xu Wen had nothing to say, "Uncle, aunt, did I give you enough living expenses?"

The aunt said hurriedly: "Enough! It's already a lot. How can Dongsheng eat more at such a young age? We are all one family, so don't give me any money next time! I'm out of sight."

Xu Wen nodded and pretended to be confused: "Is it enough? It's strange. I haven't seen Dongsheng for a week. Why do I feel that he has lost weight? I thought the living expenses were not enough! You have to tell me if it is not enough. A family cannot always eat for free. Is it all for nothing? As you know, I am a stepmother. As soon as Lu Yuanzheng left, my child lost weight following me. I am afraid that people will say that I am a stepmother who treats her children harshly. I will ask my uncle and aunt to give me more snacks in the future."

The uncle hurriedly said: "It should be."

Xu stopped asking questions and thanked him: "Thank you, uncle and aunt, for all your hard work these days. I'll come and get Dongsheng's clothes."

Xu Wen walked out of the yard and heard his aunt snort: "She is a stepmother, who should she talk to? We are not as close to Dongsheng as she is, so how can we abuse the child?"

"Say less! Doesn't she feel embarrassed when she hears you again?"

"Hmph! Look at the wife your good nephew has found! She looks like a goblin, with those dark and scary eyes."

"Is that because you feel guilty?"

"Lu Daguo, who are you speaking for?"

"..."

Xu Wen went home with a sullen face.

Dongsheng squatted at the door and held his chin. When he saw her from a distance, he smiled: "Mom!"

Xu Wen's eyes suddenly sore.

He stepped forward and picked up Dongsheng and asked him, "Do you wait for me at the intersection every day?"

Dongsheng nodded.

"Why? Didn't I tell you that I wouldn't come back until Saturday?"

Dongsheng lowered his head and twirled his fingers uneasily, "But I don't know which day is Saturday."

Xu Wen then remembered that Dongsheng was only a three-and-a-half-year-old child, so how could he tell the day of the week?

She pressed Dongsheng into her arms and hugged him tightly.

When the mother and son returned home, Xu Wen bolted the door, washed Dongsheng and carried him back into the house, then took a bath himself and changed into home clothes of cotton short-sleeved shorts.

When she entered the room, Dongsheng was already asleep.

Xu Wen just gave Dongsheng a bath to make sure he had really lost weight.

She lovingly sat by the bed and fanned Dongsheng, thinking about how to solve the problem.

In the final analysis, she didn't think it through.

I originally thought that giving five yuan would allow my aunt to take good care of Dongsheng, but I forgot that no one complained about the money. This did not prevent my aunt from being willing to continue to earn work points.

Moreover, as my aunt said, everyone has come here like this. Children of four or five years old really no longer need adults to control them and run around in the team.

Some children as young as six or seven are already looking after their younger siblings.

This situation is also very common in Taoyuan Brigade.

But Dongsheng is not in his own home. A child living under someone else's roof is not at ease, and he is in a relatively unfamiliar environment.

Dongsheng thought she was real, but he must have felt wronged in his heart to be so eager for her return.

If this matter is not resolved, Xu Wen will no longer be able to study with peace of mind.

After waking up in the afternoon, Xu Wen took Dongsheng back to his parents' home.

Grandma was the only one at home, and Xu Che also went to earn work points.

Xu Wen was surprised that Sang Xiaoqing was not at home to earn work points.

Grandma said that her family had persuaded her to go.

"Grandma, are you done with the homestead?"

Grandma nodded: "It's done! I bought it for a hundred yuan. Originally, there were many people in the team who were not convinced and wanted to fight for this homestead. The team leader was very embarrassed and said no, so he drew lots. As a result, the members came and took a look. Fill the bay, and give it to our family even if everyone refuses to take it."

As soon as Xu Wen heard this, he ran out to take a look.

The boundaries of the new homestead have just been measured, and the wooden qizi are still there. It's a pretty square homestead, but half of it is in the water.

It can be seen that Xu Qiushi and Xu Wen are not idle, and a lot of soil has been poured in in just a few days.

Grandma followed her out tremblingly, "Now your dad and your brother only sleep for three or four hours at night. They start working when they come back from work every night, and they work until one or two in the morning when they squint for a while before going to work."

Xu Wen frowned: "Can my father and my brother physically bear it if this continues?"

"We ordinary people have no other abilities, so we rely on our strength to make a living. Who doesn't endure like this? Besides, after a few days of hard work, we can build a house, which saves the family a worry."

Xu Wen also knew that this was the situation at home, so he thought for a moment, "Then I'll buy some groceries to help dad and my brother."

Xu Wen went to buy half a catty of pork head meat and came back with some suet.

By the way, I bought two kilograms of bulk liquor.

There are vegetables in the private plot, but there is a lack of oil and water.

Xu Wen boiled the suet into oil and separated the oil residue, then fried a plate of oil-dregs eggplant and oil-dregs beans.

I also cut a handful of leeks from the vegetable garden, chopped them into pieces, and mixed them with the oil residue to make dumplings.

It's useless to have a recipe for making dumplings. This requires practice, and Xu Wen doesn't know how. Grandma has to be the main force in making dumplings, and Xu Wen rolls out the skins.

"You kid!" Grandma swallowed her saliva when she saw the dense oily residue in the stuffing, and said in a duplicitous way, "If you have money in your hand, save some money! You see how many meals you can eat with so much oily residue. I made most of it in one meal. Let's see if your mother misses you when she comes back soon."

Xu Wen chuckled twice, knowing that grandma was either really complaining or just felt reluctant to eat like this.

Sure enough, when Zhu Meizhen came back from work in the evening, she kept nagging distressedly, saying that Xu Wen couldn't survive.

After reading for a while, he suddenly stopped and stared at Dongsheng and said: "Why do I see this child losing weight?"

Xu Wen sighed softly and summarized the conversation he had with uncle and aunt Lu Yuanzheng from Dongsheng's mouth: "My uncle and aunt paid me five yuan to send my daughter to school and let Dongsheng stay at home." The eating habits are also different. Dongsheng is probably not used to the food cooked by my aunt and is often hungry. The child is bored at home and misses me, crawling out of the fence and running to the intersection to wait for me every day."

But Zhu Meizhen felt so distressed that she put Dongsheng on her lap and fed Dongsheng some easy-to-chew pig head meat from the plate: "Good boy, I'm wronged, eat more!"

Dongsheng opened his mouth and took a bite of the meat. Zhu Meizhen picked up another dumpling.

Xu asked: "..."

You just called me a prodigal.

"Ask." Zhu Meizhen looked at her while feeding Dongsheng and said, "I know you feel sorry for Dongsheng and are unhappy. But speaking of your uncle and aunt, it's not too much. You know that's how we eat in a big pot. Work points. Children like Xiaoqie who are eight or nine years old earn work points on weekends. Dongsheng is almost four years old and playing at home is not a big problem. Isn't everyone like this? When you are a child, Hope will still watch you. When Xiaoqie is a child, At that time, grandma was too old to catch up with him and couldn't see him, so she just let him run around in the mud. Little boys don't have to be so delicate."

Xu Wen said nothing.

Grandma felt sorry for Xu and asked: "How about you let Dongsheng live in our house? And Xu Che will stay with him."

"Mom, you should rest soon! Xiaoqie has to go to school, and Dongsheng still has to be at home by himself? Besides, I just let him go last week. This week..." Xu Qiushi glanced at Xu Wen, "Wenwen gave it to me. Her aunt's money is five yuan. What do you think of bringing Dongsheng to our house at this time? Don't you think about it, we have already pocketed Xiao Zheng's money? Then I will ask that no one can touch it at Lu's house. On the face?"

Xu Wen shook his head, "Grandma, parents, don't worry, I've already thought of a solution! I'll try it next week and see what happens to my uncle."

Chapter 34

I woke up early in the morning and ran to the kitchen after washing up.

After checking the condition of the fried dough sticks noodles, he breathed a sigh of relief.

According to the recipe given by Magic Mirror, after mixing the ingredients with the dough sticks noodles according to the proportion, they need to be refrigerated for a few hours before frying into soft and puffy dough sticks.

There was no refrigerator at home, so Xu Wen filled a bucket of cold well water and placed it in a cool and ventilated place. He put the dough in a porcelain basin, sealed it and submerged it in the water.

I was very unsure and afraid of failure.

Fortunately, it was quite successful. The white and soft fried dough sticks noodles can be fried directly with just a little kneading.

The east wing has two connected stoves, large and small, and Xu Wen uses a small stove.

Large stoves also require large pots, which consume a lot of oil.

Except for the fact that the first few fried dough sticks couldn't control the heat and were fried poorly, the next few fried dough sticks were pretty much the same.

When Dongsheng got up, the fried dough sticks and millet porridge were already on the table, and Xu Wen greeted Dongsheng for dinner.

"Mama is so awesome! She knows how to make fried dough sticks!" Dongsheng said with admiration on his face.

"That's right! After dinner, can I take you to the commune to play?"

"good!"

After dinner, Xu Wen took Dongsheng to the commune kindergarten on his bicycle and inquired about the child's kindergarten.

The new semester of kindergarten has just started, so winter students are fully qualified to attend school.

Under the leadership of the principal, Xu Wen and Dongsheng visited the kindergarten.

Xu asked Dongsheng: "Do you like it here? If you come to kindergarten, you don't have to stay at home by yourself. There are children here to play with you. Moreover, you go to school, I go to school, and you rest and I rest. You and I'm the same!"

Dongsheng nodded repeatedly, very happy: "I do."

There are not only children but also slides and seesaws here.

The principal praised: "No wonder you attach so much importance to your children's education. It turns out you are still a student."

The reason why only communes have kindergarten production teams but not is because most people do not recognize preschool education and think it is too expensive to spend two and a half yuan a month to send their children to school. Only parents in communes who eat commercial food or public food are willing to pay for it. The child goes to kindergarten.

One is to have money, and the other is to let others take care of the children so that I can go to work.

The child care fee is one yuan a month, the meal fee is one yuan and a half a month, and the book fee is 50 cents a semester.

Xu Wen paid the registration fee, completed the admission procedures, and took Dongsheng to the north and south streets of the commune.

"Dongsheng, do you know what grandpa and grandma like?"

The children in the eldest uncle's family are all relatively old, and except for the youngest, they are all married and starting their own business. The youngest is a junior high school student, and his uncle and aunt are usually at home.

Dongsheng shook his head, thought for a while and said, "Grandpa seems to like drinking. Every time I go to his house with dad, both uncle and dad will drink. Grandma always says that grandpa will drink to death sooner or later!"

Xu asked: "..."

Children and adults don't have to listen to everything they say.

Xu Wen bought two bottles of better liquor, two pounds of red and white sugar, a letter of peach cakes and some bulk biscuit snacks.

Seeing that it was already noon, Xu Wen simply took Dongsheng to eat something outside before going home.

After waking up in the afternoon, Xu Wen packed his luggage and Dongsheng's clothes before taking Dongsheng to his uncle's house.

Dongsheng was obviously unhappy, with his little mouth pouted and his head lowered.

Xu Wen even had the urge to drop out of school and stay at home with him.

She persuaded herself: just be patient and wait for more than three months until she is admitted to college.

Even if I don't take the college entrance examination, it will be fine next year.

Next year is going to be a radical year.

Xu Wen was a little worried and asked Dongsheng again and again: "Do you remember everything I said?

"Remember." Dongsheng said weakly.

"What should I do if I'm hungry or can't eat the food cooked by grandma?

"Go to the supply and marketing cooperative to get food."

"Yes! But this is our secret, we can't tell others!" Xu Wen nodded. She made an agreement with the supply and marketing cooperative and deposited part of the money in the supply and marketing cooperative. If Dongsheng comes to buy things, she will transfer it to the account.

Dongsheng was not allowed to tell others because he was afraid that his uncle and aunt would think too much about it.

"What do you do when you miss Mom?"

"Call Mom at the supply and marketing cooperative."

"Can you remember the phone number?"

"Remember, it's..."

Of course Xu Wen didn't have a phone, but there was one in the school communication room. She would ask her uncle for help when she got back.

As for Dongsheng, the supply and marketing cooperative can make a call.

The uncle was called Lu Jianshe, probably because he had been an official for a long time and was more dignified than ordinary members.

However, the eldest uncle was more enthusiastic. As soon as Xu Wen and his wife came in, they took Dongsheng and gave him fruit to eat.

Xu Wen put the wine and other food he brought on the ground, "Uncle, aunt, I have caused trouble for you."

"Look at your kid, why are the whole family so polite? Dongsheng is also my grandson, we should take care of him."

Of course Xu Wen would not take such words seriously, "Uncle, aunt, I have something to trouble you about. It's like this. I've enrolled Dongsheng in kindergarten. I need to trouble you to pick him up and drop him off in the morning and in the evening. The school will take care of the meals. ."

The aunt was startled for a moment and looked at the uncle subconsciously.

The uncle nodded, "Okay."

Xu Wen exchanged a few more pleasantries and left after seeing that it was too late.

The uncle and aunt sent her to the door.

The uncle said: "You kid, you have a heart! Don't worry, I'm here and Dongsheng won't be wronged anymore."

Xu Wen was stunned for a moment and realized that his uncle was actually aware of Dongsheng's experience at his brother-in-law's house, and he was making a promise to her.

She thanked her sincerely: "Thank you, uncle and aunt."

When Xu Wen walked away, the aunt stopped smiling and curled her lips: "What do you mean, my nephew-in-law? She gave the third family five yuan and gave us something?"

The uncle glared at her, "You don't need money to buy things? Not only do you need money, but you also need tickets! The things she brought were no less than five yuan. Don't be short-sighted like the third person. Besides, you really don't understand what Xu Wen means. come out?"

"Aren't you afraid that we will be like the third family, spending money and not taking good care of our children?"

"If you know it, don't follow the example of Lao San. It's embarrassing and you don't realize it!"

"What's so embarrassing? Why don't you give her a few dollars to help her take care of her children?"

"This child's surname is Lu, not Xu! Xu is the stepmother, but you are the uncle's grandma! Who is helping whom? You and your siblings are over a hundred years old together, and you are not as sensible as a twenty-year-old lesbian!

Xu asked why he enrolled his children in kindergarten? It's not that he wants to take up less of our time and let us be busy with family matters.

They bring us food and drink, and we are asked to pick up and drop off the children morning and night. What else do you want?

I'm warning you, don't imitate your younger siblings' pettiness! You serve snacks when your children are at home. If the child is made to feel like he has no parents, the stepmother Xu Wen will be the one to laugh, not Xu Wen, but us! A biological grandparent is worse than a stepmother. When the time comes to be ignored, you won't feel embarrassed, but I will feel shameless! "

Although my aunt was a little dissatisfied, she was accustomed to succumbing to her uncle's authority and said nothing. When she saw him walking out with his hands behind his back, she asked him, "Where are you going?"

"Go find the third child!"

Xu Wen was on tenterhooks for a week and only received one call from Dongsheng.

But Dongsheng on the phone was very happy, so he called because he missed her, and told her that he had made many new friends in the kindergarten.

Xu Wen breathed a sigh of relief.

As soon as school was over on Saturday, Xu Wen couldn't wait to rush home.

The uncle is the captain and doesn't have to work in the fields.

When Xu asked, the uncle was playing chess with Dongsheng.

This time Dongsheng is very clean.

Dongsheng jumped up when he saw Xu Wen: "Mom!"

Xu Wen bent down to pick him up and greeted his uncle: "Uncle."

"coming?"

"Well, school has just ended. Then, sir, should I take Dongsheng back first?"

"Eat and then leave!"

"I've caused you trouble for several days. Dongsheng is so old that he is lively and active, so he is more noisy. You and aunt should have a quiet meal and rest!" Xu Wen declined politely, put Dongsheng down, and taught him , "Goodbye grandpa."

When the uncle saw that Xu Wen was really going to leave, he didn't force him to stay. He told his aunt, "Take out Dongsheng's clothes."

Auntie was wearing an apron, holding a shovel in one hand and taking Dongsheng's baggage to Xu Wen in the other. She also asked Xu Wen, "Ask, can you eat before leaving?"

"Thank you, aunt, we won't eat." Xu Wen was not stupid enough to take the polite words seriously.

When Xu Wen walked away, the aunt sighed: "Don't tell me, Yuan Zheng has really good taste in choosing a wife. Baba rushed over just after she came back from school! She is even closer to Dongsheng than to her."

The uncle glared at her and said, "I'm more educated and generous than you! Go and cook! The food is all burnt."

I don't know if it's because Dongsheng went to kindergarten or because the uncle beat the younger uncle.

When it was uncle's and aunt's turn to take care of Dongsheng, they no longer neglected Dongsheng like they did in the first week.

Xu Wen breathed a sigh of relief.

The Xu family was also very busy. After not seeing each other for a week, Xu Qiushi and Xu Wen stepped forward three meters wide.

The family had no livestock, so the two men borrowed small carts and drove carts back from a mile away to push dirt.

The real-life version of Yu Old Man Moves Mountains.

While everyone is busy, time flies by and the autumn harvest season arrives in the blink of an eye.

The autumn harvest is the most important thing for the people. It is related to the harvest of the year. There is no idle person in the team and they work overtime every day.

Even Xu Wen will have half a month of autumn harvest leave after school this weekend.

But in 1977 when mechanization was underdeveloped, most work was done manually, and half a month was not enough.

Before Xu Wen could go on holiday, various production teams had already started busy harvesting. They were often busy until midnight, and the barns were always busy day and night.

Both the Xu family and the Lu family were extremely busy.

In this busyness, children will be neglected.

Xu Wen was finishing get out of class in the afternoon when he was stopped by the guard: "Dongsheng called you!"

The guard, who knew both mother and son very well, communicated to them at least once a week. Sometimes he would chat with Dongsheng when Xu Wen was in class.

Xu Wen raised his wrist and looked at his watch, wondering why Dongsheng called her at this hour.

On weekdays, Dongsheng always calls at noon.

Xu Wen trotted to the reception room and answered the phone: "Dongsheng?"

Dongsheng cried weakly: "Mama, I feel so uncomfortable!"

"What's wrong with you?"

"My stomach hurts and I'm so cold."

"Are you sick? Where is grandma?"

"Grandma went to dry the grain. Mom, I'm so cold."

It's autumn now, and although it's a little cooler in the morning and evening, it's not cold at all.

Xu Wen frowned and made a decision: "Dongsheng, give the phone to the waiter first."

When the waiter answered the phone, Xu Wen asked her, "Can you help me check if the child has a fever?"

"Wait a moment." The waiter said after a while, "He doesn't seem to have a fever, but he is very lethargic. I don't know what's wrong."

"Can you please send him to the team's health room? I'll go back right away! Thank you!"

Chapter 35

Xu Wen asked Li Yun to ask for leave from the teacher for him and rode his bicycle back.

Xu Wen only rode for an hour and a half on a journey of more than 30 kilometers. He pedaled so hard that his chest felt like it was on fire.

She had never worked so hard in her life.

On a slightly cool autumn night, my whole body was soaked through my clothes as if I had just taken a shower.

It was the first time in my life that I knew how painful it was to feel anxious.

This road that has been going for a year is so long and endless for the first time.

Don't let anything happen to Dong Sheng. Xu Wen prayed secretly.

Finally arriving at the health room, Xu Wen threw his bicycle to the side of the road and ran inside without even taking a breath.

The production team's clinic is not big, with two connected rooms. One is used as a consulting room, and the other contains several beds and two rows of chairs for patients to receive infusions and rest.

There was an argument going on in the consulting room.

"It's normal for children to catch colds and diarrhea when the seasons change! Diarrhea can also cure diarrhea! How old is it that you have to go to the hospital?" My aunt protested to the doctor dissatisfied.

"This child is dehydrated and still angry! He will die if he is not sent to the hospital!" the clinic doctor suggested with a frown.

"Our rural children are all tough! Why are they so delicate? At this point, I still have to go back to cook! You give him an injection first, and then take him to the hospital tomorrow when his mother comes back!"

"I said, I can't cure it. The child is already very serious..."

"Oh! How serious can it be if the child has diarrhea and loses strength without having a fever?" The aunt interrupted the doctor impatiently, "There is still a fire burning on the stove! How can I have time to go to the hospital?"

Xu Wen pushed his aunt away and asked the clinic doctor: "Where is our nearest hospital?"

The doctor was stunned for a moment and asked him: "Who are you?"

"I am the child's mother. Doctor, can I go to the commune hospital?"

The doctor shook his head: "The hospital in the commune is actually a large clinic. Your child is very dehydrated. I suggest you send him directly to the county hospital. If it is too late, you may be afraid that something will happen to your child."

Xu Wen said nothing, hugged Dongsheng who was placed on the infusion chair with eyes closed and lips bloodless, and turned around to leave.

Dongsheng was in a very bad state. He barely opened his eyes and glanced at her when she picked him up, and yelled "Mama" in a wilted voice.

Xu Wen burst into tears instantly and hugged Dongsheng tightly: "Don't be afraid! Mom is here."

Without 120 in 1977, Xu Wen could only rely on himself.

But Dongsheng was almost unconscious, and he couldn't sit in the back seat by himself.

Xu Wen took off the rope usually used to secure things from the back seat and tied Dongsheng to his back to ride the bicycle.

The 28-bar bicycle was relatively large, with a crossbar on the front, and carrying a child weighing about thirty kilograms on his back. Xu Wen, who was already exhausted, could not successfully get on the bicycle, and he and the bicycle fell to the side.

Xu Wen turned sideways, preferring to face down rather than throw Dongsheng.

She closed her eyes and screamed, but the pain she imagined did not come.

Xu Wen opened her eyes and saw the doctor in the clinic and another passerby holding her and the bicycle together, preventing her from falling.

Xu Wen quickly thanked him and got off the bicycle.

"I saw that you were pale and trembling, so I chased you out." The doctor said, "Besides, you are riding a bicycle too slowly so far from the county seat, which will delay things. There is an emergency ambulance in the commune health room. I will take you there. borrow."

"Thank you! Thank you!" Xu Wen thanked him repeatedly.

He took Dongsheng off his back and held him in his arms.

The doctor carried Xu Wen, and Xu Wen held Dongsheng in his arms.

The production team is not far from the commune clinic, it only takes ten minutes.

With the help of the doctor, the commune quickly lent them the car.

Most likely it was an old ambulance that had been discarded from the hospital. It was too shabby.

For Xu Wen, this was the best arrangement.

What's more, no matter how broken it is, it's still a car. It's much faster than a bicycle. We arrived at the hospital in half an hour.

Xu Wen thanked the driver, paid for the car, and gave the driver an extra two yuan: "Master, thank you! You have seen my situation and you really can't spare any money. Please buy a pack of cigarettes for yourself." "

After saying that, Xu Wen ran to the emergency room with the child in his arms.

The doctor said that the car was not applied for through the formal process, which would be too slow. The driver is his uncle.

Xu Wen couldn't be so ignorant.

Xu Wen hugged Dongsheng and hurriedly registered and queued into the clinic.

The doctor frowned when he saw Dongsheng, looked at Dongsheng's eyelids, listened to Dongsheng's chest with the stethoscope and asked, "Does this child have diarrhea? How many days has this been going on now?"

"I don't know." Xu Wen shook his head, remembering the argument between his aunt and the doctor, "It seems that I have had diarrhea for several days."

"How did you become a mother? You don't even know this?" The doctor frowned.

Xu Wen was wrong and didn't reply.

"This child should have severe dehydration caused by diarrhea. Now he is comatose because of electrolyte imbalance caused by dehydration. It may also cause respiratory weakness and death! You should go through the hospitalization procedures first! You need to get an infusion quickly."

Xu Wen hurriedly went through the hospitalization procedures.

It wasn't until Dongsheng was given the fluid that she breathed a sigh of relief.

The cute and well-behaved Dongsheng had pale lips and closed eyes at the moment.

Xu Wenqing held his hand for infusion and warmed the place where he was getting the infusion, looking remorseful and a little confused.

Lu Yuanzheng married her and gave her money, a house and freedom. The only requirement was that she take good care of Dongsheng.

She didn't do it.

On the way here, Xu Wen was particularly annoyed with his aunt and wanted to tear her apart.

Now that Dongsheng has been settled, the annoyance has dissipated a lot.

Her uncle, aunt, and eldest uncle all helped take care of Dongsheng. Now Dongsheng is her responsibility and not anyone else's.

In any case, her aunt's responsibility is secondary to hers, and she is the one who should be most responsible.

You can't just say nothing when you get benefits, and then shift the responsibility to others when something goes wrong.

As the old saying goes: "It's a matter of affection when someone helps, but it's also a duty not to help."

Just be grateful.

Xu Wen sniffed and whispered to the unconscious Dongsheng, "You must get better!"

Xu Wen didn't dare to close his eyes all night, for fear of what the doctor said would happen.

Fortunately, the child Dongsheng has such a pair of great parents, with strong blood and bones.

The next day, the doctor told Xu Wen that Dongsheng was temporarily out of danger, but the treatment of severe dehydration would be very slow, and it was hard to say whether there would be other consequences in the future, so Xu Wen was asked to be mentally prepared.

Xu Wen's face turned pale again before he could feel happy that Dongsheng was out of danger.

Xu Wen buried his head in the hospital bed and sobbed softly: "Dongsheng, I'm sorry!"

"Mom!"

Xu Wen raised his head and saw that Dongsheng had opened his eyes and was much more energetic than yesterday.

"Are you awake? Does your stomach still hurt? Do you still feel uncomfortable?"

"A little more. Mom, why are you crying?" Dongsheng's voice was still a little weak.

Xu Wen shook his head and wiped away his tears, "I'm fine. I'm sorry, Mommy is late!"

"How is Dongsheng?"

Xu Wen turned around and saw his uncle and uncle entering the ward. It was the uncle who asked the question.

He must have arrived in a hurry. He didn't even change his clothes. He was wearing farm work clothes, and there were some corn silks in his hair.

The brother-in-law followed the uncle with his head lowered.

"The doctor said he was severely dehydrated and his life is temporarily out of danger!" Xu Wen said calmly.

When the uncle heard this, he turned around and pointed at his uncle and scolded him: "Look at the good things you have done! If Dongsheng has a problem, I will see how you explain it to the second child!"

The uncle lowered his head and rubbed his hands, "It's my fault! The child had diarrhea two days ago. We thought the child had caught a cold. We also boiled an egg for him to treat diarrhea. The season has changed! Is it normal for a child to have diarrhea and get angry? The kindergarten teacher asked him to rest at home, but we have been busy these two days and have not paid much attention to him... Oh! It's all our fault! Xu Wen, I will apologize to you. "

"Uncle, don't say that! It's Dongsheng and I who are causing trouble for you." Xu Wen's voice was calm.

The uncle frowned and said, "You kid, you're talking too much. We're all a family and don't worry about anything."

Xu Wen twitched his lips and said nothing.

"Don't be angry. Your uncle and aunt didn't mean it. They are busy with autumn these days, and they have neglected to take care of their children. The main reason is that the children in our village are not as squeamish as Dongsheng, and diarrhea will be so serious!"

"Dongsheng is not squeamish!" Xu Wen retorted, "He has never been a squeamish child! You always say that he is squeamish and is he really causing trouble for you? Did he cry when his father left? Which of your houses did he make trouble? Did you lock him up at home while you were working and did he say a word? He had diarrhea and was uncomfortable, but you didn't take him to see a doctor. Did he cry? Is this still squeamish? So what does it mean to not be squeamish? "

The uncle opened his mouth but couldn't say a word to refute.

Dongsheng has lived in both of their homes. He is indeed a very well-behaved child. He eats whatever he is given and listens to whatever is said.

Such a child cannot be said to be squeamish.

"He's not squeamish!" Xu Wen chuckled, "He's just not as caring as his parents. It was us who caused you trouble before! It won't happen again!"

"what do you mean?"

"It means that I will take care of Dongsheng by myself from now on, so I won't bother you anymore. I'm very grateful for helping him take care of him before. Qiu is busy now, so you can go!"

"The child's illness was just an accident, why do you still hold a grudge?" my uncle protested.

"It's not a grudge. Uncle, I said thank you very much for helping to take care of the child. But the child is my responsibility, not yours. So I won't trouble you again in the future."

The younger uncle wanted to speak, but the older uncle pulled him back and stopped him with his eyes.

"Xu Wen, Dongsheng is also our grandson, and we don't want him to get sick. I know you are angry now, but you are too tired to take care of the child yourself. Why don't you go back and have a rest first, and let your uncle stay here for a day?"

Xu Wen shook his head, "No, I can do it myself. Thank you, uncle."

No matter how much the uncle tried to persuade Xu Wen, he would not let go. There were still many things waiting for him in the team, so he could only leave. Before leaving, he said, "I will ask your aunt to take over for you tonight."

Xu Wen said nothing.

After seeing off his uncle and the others, Dongsheng called Xu Wen: "Mom, I want to pee."

Xu asked: "..."

Fortunately, it is easier for little boys to go to the toilet, and a bottle can solve the problem.

When Xu Wen was lifting Dongsheng's pants, Dongsheng asked her, "Mom, don't I need to go to my grandparents' house anymore?"

He heard Xu Wen say that he would take him with him.

Xu Wen hummed, "We won't be separated from now on."

"Really?" Dongsheng sat up happily and wanted to clap his hands, but he pulled the needle and hissed again.

Xu Wen quickly checked the eye of his needle. Fortunately, there was no needle. "Be careful. What if you hurt yourself?"

"Hehe." Dongsheng laughed happily, "Mom, I'm so happy!"

Xu Wen touched his head and said, "Dear Dongsheng, I'm very happy to be with you too!"

Chapter 36

Dongsheng was hospitalized for one week.

Fortunately, Xu Wen has half a month of autumn harvest holiday next.

During this week, both the eldest aunt and the aunt came to see Dongsheng, but Xu Wen was worried about giving Dongsheng to them again, and even rested in the ward.

I can't say I'm blaming, I'm just scared this time.

Fortunately, Dongsheng slowly recovered.

The Xu family heard that Dongsheng was hospitalized and came to see him. Xu Wen came to bed with him twice in the evening and asked Xu Wen to go back and rest.

Xu Wen didn't want to go home, so he slept in the school dormitory for two nights.

When Shao Yue and Li Yun heard that Dongsheng was sick, they came to see Dongsheng during their lunch break and brought a lot of delicious food.

Shao Yue bought malted milk, and Li Yun bought two bags of milk powder.

On the day Dongsheng was discharged from the hospital, Uncle Lu Yuanzheng drove the tractor of the production team to pick him up.

Xu Wen knew that there was only such a strong guy in the entire production brigade, and he shouldn't be used to pick up people during the busy farming season.

Xu Wen, who originally wanted to find a house, couldn't bear to do it anymore, so he hugged Dongsheng and got on the tractor.

Seeing that Dongsheng was a little unhappy, Xu Wen wondered: "What's wrong with you?"

"I still want to be hospitalized."

Xu asked: "..."

"Who likes being hospitalized? Why?"

"Mama was with me when I was hospitalized! And Li Yun's sister, Shao Yue, was with me to play with. My uncle also came, and so did my grandparents, all surrounding me."

Xu Wen felt sad again when he heard this. He raised his hand and touched Dongsheng's head, "Don't worry, I will still have my mother with me even if I'm not in the hospital."

"Really?" Dongsheng was very happy, and then he shook his head, "No. You have to go to school, and dad said he can't disturb your schooling. I also want to go to kindergarten."

"It's necessary for you to go to school, but it's not necessary for Mom to go to school, because I have more important things than going to school now. I won't let you go to other people's homes anymore. Let's go back to our own home, okay?"

"Okay!" Dongsheng clapped happily.

The autumn crops of Weizhuang Commune are mainly corn and soybeans, supplemented by mung beans, sesame, millet and peanuts.

Although Xu Wen's registered permanent residence has been moved, it has just been done, and this season he is still considered a member of the Taoyuan production brigade.

So Xu Wen went back to the courtyard at night and helped the production team during the day.

Dongsheng was ill, so Xu Wen took him with him wherever he went. He would rather earn less work points than let him stay at home.

The weather is going well this year, the harvest is good, and the members are working energetically.

It was very lively to talk and laugh amidst the hardship.

Harvesting autumn also involves a division of labor, and the division of labor is very detailed.

Such as harvesting corn.

Women are responsible for breaking off the corn from the stalks and throwing it into bamboo baskets, while men are responsible for transporting the corn to their homes.

There are also people who are responsible for harvesting the corn stalks.

Of course, even in a production brigade, each team has different working methods.

For example, the seventh production team where Xu Wen's family works is different from other teams in harvesting corn.

In their team, the men cut down the corn stalks directly with corn cob hammers, transported them back in oxcarts, and erected them on the outer walls of the houses to dry.

In this way, grandma like Xu Wen can earn work points. Grandma can put the corn stalks down on the ground and sit on the bench to pick the corn.

The corn is broken off from the corn stalks and thrown on the ground, and finally collected into the yard to dry.

After it is dried, the corn needs to be rubbed.

The entire commune does not yet have machinery specifically for threshing corn kernels, so the corn kernels can only be threshed manually.

Usually, you use a chopstick or a screwdriver to rub the corn in a row along the direction of the cob, and then use your hands to pull down the corn.

Experienced old people like grandma often hold the corn in their left hand and rub the dried cob pulp from the corn in their right hand.

The flesh of the cob is the bone from which the corn is removed.

Harvesting soybeans is easy. Generally, they are directly harvested and transported to the farm yard to dry repeatedly before being plowed. Just use a stone roller to crush and thresh the grains.

Corn stalks and soybean stalks can be used to feed livestock after being dried and chopped with a guillotine.

Other crops are considered side crops and not much is grown. But it's not easy to put it away.

Like peanuts, they are pulled out of the ground and placed in the yard to dry.

After drying, put a stone or wooden board on the ground, hold the branches and leaves of the peanuts and smash them against the stone, and the peanuts will fall off.

Of course it's not pure violence, it's about technique.

Anyway, Xu Wen wasn't very good at it. The debris he smashed was flying everywhere, and he couldn't even lift his arms for the whole day.

Of course, she doesn't have to do such "cool" work in the production team.

This work is light work for most of the strong labor force in the production team, but students are not included.

Even though Xu Wen is already ten years old, he has always been treated as a student worker in the production team, even the best among students.

Their captain liked educated people and took great care of Xu Wen, making her responsible for drying soybeans and millet.

The soybeans and millet that have been harvested are spread out in the clean yard.

A yard refers to a flat and smooth open space. This land is often so compacted that cars cannot leave any ruts when passing through it.

What Xu Wen had to do was to turn over the soybeans and millet.

Hundreds of acres of soybeans are spread thinly on the ground, and they need to be turned over every two or three hours.

It sounds like you can rest at intervals, but in fact, with so many soybeans, you have to turn over the first time after turning it from beginning to end and take a short break.

When turning over, either use a rake to pick it up or dig it with your feet.

Most members are more accustomed to the first type.

It means standing on the pile of beans with both feet, walking along a line, and then walking back at the end. In fact, you are using your feet as a plow to turn over the soybeans.

Dongsheng also liked this guy very much and followed Xu Wen around to help.

In fact, children often splash everywhere if they don't get it right, so they need to be asked to deal with the aftermath.

Seeing that he was having fun, Xu Wen let him go.

Xu Wen's work was light and he didn't need any energy, and he could get off work early. He only started doing the get off work at nine in the morning when the sun was high, and he didn't need to do it anymore at four or five in the afternoon.

You must know that during the autumn harvest, you don't get off work on time. In fact, the grain drying field is always open for 14 hours.

Most of the commune members got up earlier than the chickens and went to bed later than the dogs during the autumn harvest. But everyone is happy.

Because when the grain comes into the barn, it can be distributed.

After the crops are dried in the field and put into the barn, the total output will be known, and the income of each person in each household can be calculated.

For example, after soybeans are dried and put into the warehouse, seeds for next year, public grains that need to be handed over, water conservancy grains for large and small river workers, etc. must be set aside before the remaining parts can be distributed.

In addition to grain, the production team's sideline income will also be counted together for distribution. For example, the sheep that Xu Wen herds will be distributed uniformly at the end of the year.

Before allocation, a meeting must be held to discuss the allocation plan. In the Taoyuan production brigade, the allocation plan is usually seven people and three workers, and occasionally it is six people and four workers.

It took Xu Wen a long time to figure out what this person's seven-work-three distribution plan meant.

For example, the Taoyuan production team produced ten kilograms of wheat, seven kilograms of which were distributed as rations according to the headcount of the production team, and the remaining three kilograms were distributed according to work points.

It is easy to understand the division based on head count, but the division based on work points is a bit troublesome, and it takes half a month to go back and forth.

First of all, the employee recorder must submit a summary of the work statistics of all members to the accountant. The accountant will then calculate the total number of work points produced by the entire team and post it on the production team's bulletin board for the members to check and fill in the gaps.

Manual statistics are inevitably subject to errors and omissions.

Members can check according to the work points recorded by themselves. If there are any mistakes, they can go to the clerk, who will then go to the accountant to make corrections.

Only after the work points of all employees have been verified are correct, the accountant can start to calculate how much a work will cost.

A piece of work refers to ten centimeters. Generally, a strong man like Xu Wen and Xu Qiushi is ten centimeters tall. Other scores are not equal.

Like Zhu Meizhen and others, they may work eight or nine cents a day, and occasionally they will work ten centimeters when they are busy harvesting in autumn.

Xu Wen knows how to calculate six centimeters when shepherding sheep, but Xu Che can only earn five centimeters, which is half a job, most of the time.

The grain earned by the production team is calculated based on the market price. If there is sideline income, it will be added and divided by the total working days to calculate how much a working day costs.

After calculating the total income, calculate each household's share separately.

Each family must first be divided into rations. For example, the Xu family has a family of seven, and they need rations for seven people.

But food is not given for free, it needs to be exchanged for labor cents.

If there is still a surplus after exchanging the work cents for food, the remaining work cents will be converted into cash and distributed to each household.

This kind of people are called surplus grain households.

What if the rations are not enough for the replacement before work points? You have to pay for the difference in food yourself, this is called an overdraft account.

Most of the time, the Xu family is somewhere in between, with work points equal to food. Most of the family's money comes from dividends from their side business.

The weather has been smooth this year and the harvest is good. One job costs about 80 cents.

Three hundred and sixty-five days a year is one hundred and ninety-one yuan.

Of course, the full 365 days would not be enough, but strong laborers could work all year round. Xu Wen and Xu Qiushi each had to work more than 300 days a year.

This year Xu Qiushi worked 348 jobs, which cost 178 yuan and 40 cents. Xu Wen got a job of 350 and paid 180 yuan.

Zhu Meizhen earned one hundred and ninety-one yuan, and Sang Xiaoqing earned one hundred and seventy-nine yuan and ten cents.

Xu Wen earned 48 yuan and 30 cents, and Xu Qie had 41 yuan.

It's just work cents.

Each person has 360 kilograms of grain, so their family of seven needs 2510 kilograms of grain.

Xu Wen didn't ask for rations and all the rations were exchanged for money, so after deducting the food money, there was still a lot left.

In fact, the specific figures for the production team have not been released yet, but they are pretty close, because the Xu family keeps track of their own work, and Xu Wen is knowledgeable, so he can do the calculations himself.

This is the number she calculated.

The Xu family is very happy because they will have more money and less debt to build a house next year.

While the Xu family was very happy, Xu Wen took the opportunity to speak: "Grandma, parents, brother and sister-in-law, I want to discuss something with you. I want to drop out of school!"

The Xu family was quiet for a moment and suddenly became anxious.

Can you not be impatient?

Just after the autumn harvest was over and before the accounts were settled, the most authoritative newspaper published a news or notice announcing the resumption of the college entrance examination, which had been suspended for eleven years.

The whole country was in an uproar.

That night was the highlight of the Xu family.

At that time on the threshing floor, all the members gathered around the Xu family and praised them.

Who would have thought that the college entrance examination, which had been suspended for more than ten years, would suddenly resume.

Those members who saw the bustle of the Xu family and felt that the Xu family was a bit spoiled for spoiled girls and talked about it behind their backs even went so far as to praise the Xu family for their foresight.

He also said that Xu Wen was so good at studying that he would definitely be able to get into college.

Then Xu Wenhui was the first female college student in their production team.

Even if others don't praise it, Xu's family is also very happy for such a good thing.

At this time, Xu Wen actually wanted to drop out of school again?

Not to mention Xu Qiushi this time, even Xu Wen was so anxious that he slammed the table, "Xu asked, are you crazy? How serious is it that you have to drop out of school at this time? It was said before that it was because the family had no money, but now you live in a big yard by yourself. The money Lu Yuanzheng left you is enough for you to go to college, and now you actually say you want to drop out?"

"Xu Qie, take Dongsheng outside to play for a while." Xu Wen patted his brother and son.

Xu Qie said oh and led Dongsheng out, "Let's go, my uncle will take you to buy some sweets!"

Seeing that Xu Wen had to send Dongsheng away before he spoke, was there anything else he didn't understand?

"Are you doing it for this child?" Xu Qiushi frowned, "Xu Wen, do you know what it means to be admitted to college?"

"I know." Compared to the excitement of the Xu family, Xu Wen was a little too calm, "I carefully considered it for more than half a month before I decided!"

Zhu Meizhen looked anxious: "Ask me, I know you like Dongsheng's child. I also know that your aunt didn't take it seriously this time and you are very angry and distressed that he has such a serious illness. But no matter how much I feel sorry for you, a stepmother can't get along with you. For a lifetime, right? You've been studying for so many years, and you're only left with the last two months, Xu Wen! Why can't we endure these two months?"

"Mom, these two months have been easy. What about the future? What about after I get admitted to college? I can't take him to college, right? We still have to separate. This time, the doctor said that if he is sent a little later, Dongsheng will die. .

I married Lu Yuanzheng, and Lu Yuanzheng's only request was that I help take care of Dongsheng. If Dongsheng really has three advantages and two disadvantages, I will never be able to forgive myself in this life.

I can take the college entrance examination again next year, but if I can't take it next year, I'll have to take it the year after. "

Because Dongsheng is the son of two martyrs who sacrificed their lives for the country.

This is a secret that cannot be told to others for the time being.

Dongsheng's parents sacrificed their lives to protect the people, but he didn't get the care he deserved. He really made a mistake here, and Xu Wen really couldn't forgive himself.

Sang Xiaoqing was so anxious that she cried: "Ask me, it's all my fault, I hurt you. If I hadn't said those nonsense words that day, you wouldn't be so anxious to get married. If not If I get married, I won't have to give Dongsheng a stepmother now, and I can get into college! It's all my fault!"

Sang Xiaoqing really regretted it.

She complained that at that time she never imagined that the college entrance examination would be resumed so soon.

Xu Wen wanted to be admitted to college, so she would straighten her waist a little when she went out. But if Xu Wen couldn't go to college because of Dongsheng, let alone the Xu family, she wouldn't be able to forgive herself.

Just because he was petty and harmed Xu Wen for the rest of his life?

Xu Wen shook his head and comforted Sang Xiaoqing: "Sister-in-law, it's really not because of you."

Sang Xiaoqing didn't know that the college entrance examination was going to be resumed, but she knew.

Even after Wen Yiming told her that the college entrance examination would resume in October, she still nodded and married Lu Yuanzheng.

Xu Wen sighed and slapped himself.

Xu Wen hurriedly stopped him: "Brother Yi, what are you doing?"

"Maybe you are not all because of me and your sister-in-law, but at least your sister-in-law and I are responsible for your marriage. I thought you would move out of the house and be free after you got married, but you didn't expect that your child would become a burden to you again. Xu asked, Brother Yi, I promise you, if you keep Dongsheng in our house, I will treat him as my own son and never let him suffer any injustice. Will you continue to study? I beg you, my elder brother! You have to withdraw now If you don't go to school, your sister-in-law and I will have uneasy consciences for the rest of our lives!"

Xu Wen was silent.

The opportunity to take the college entrance examination is too precious for people nowadays.

Compared with those who have given up studying for a long time, Xu Wen, as a fresh graduate, has a particularly great advantage.

Of course, even though she is not a fresh graduate, she has great advantages.

I have spent two lifetimes studying hard, how can the advantage not be great?

Grandma came up with an idea: "Ask, doesn't Dongsheng go to kindergarten now? If you can't let it go and rent a house in the county, can you find a kindergarten for him in the county? Anyway, let's take the college entrance examination first. . Can we decide whether we can pass the exam or not?"

"Grandma." Xu Wen sighed, "I have also thought about letting Dongsheng go to kindergarten in the county. But I have to go to school earlier than him in the morning, and I can't pick him up after school in the afternoon."

"I'm responsible for picking him up and dropping him off!" My sister-in-law raised her hand, "Not for just two months? I'll accompany you to the county seat, and I'll pick up and drop off the kids for you. Now that the busy farming season is over, there's not much work for me to do in the team."

"I think this is a good idea!" Zhu Meizhen agreed, "This way your sister-in-law can have a good rest after picking up and dropping off the child."

"I think it's okay too." Xu Qiushi nodded.

Xu Wen looked at Xu Wen expectantly: "Can I ask?"

Sang Xiaoqing added: "I can also cook for you two!"

She is now past the morning sickness stage of her pregnancy. She can eat, drink, and sleep in good health. Cooking is not a problem at all.

Xu Wen hesitated for a moment, then nodded.

She knew very well that this was to quench her thirst, but Xu family was like this, and she really couldn't refuse.

Xu Wen knew very well that he could get into college, but when the admission letter came out, he would still have to make a decision again.

Let's talk about it then! The worst case scenario is to rent a house near the school and work-study with winter students.

The premise is that Lu Yuanzheng returns safely.

Chapter 37

With Li Yun's help, Xu Wen found a house near the school.

The landlord was a relative of Li Yun. She repeatedly told Xu Wen not to tell others that the house was a rental, but to say that relatives were staying there when asked.

After all, renting out a house is illegal.

The room is a welfare room allocated by the work unit. The one bedroom and one living room are not big, but they are quite clean.

The kitchen and toilets are shared and are at the end of the corridor.

The landlord replaced the sofa in the living room with a single bed, and Xu Wen and his son slept in the bedroom.

Xu Wen returned to school, and because he could see Dongsheng every day, he no longer felt anxious all day long.

Millions of people are going back to school to take cram schools to prepare for the college entrance examination in two months.

No. 1 Middle School canceled the labor class and concentrated the best teachers to help Xu Wen and the others review.

Originally, Xu Wen only had a hundred people at their level. As soon as the news about the college entrance examination came out, there would be a few new students in the class every day.

Married Xu Wen is no longer a minority among his classmates.

The age gap between classmates has also increased from four or five years to more than ten years, and some classmates have become parents.

Everyone was excited beyond words. No one thought that they would be able to enter college in their lifetime.

This is a particularly legendary year, and it is also a year that changes the fate of many people.

This also includes Xu Wen.

When he first returned to this era, Xu Wen thought that he would be a proud man of heaven, and that he would have so much knowledge beyond this era that he would be able to thrive in this era like in the novel.

In fact, she can only behave with her tail between her legs. What she knows is either not allowed or cannot be used.

What she doesn't know how to do is farm work, but she still has to make a living by doing this.

The college entrance examination is also a way out for her, but it is not the only one.

The original plan was to wait until she graduated from college in 1982. By then, she would also go to the south to witness an era that was said to be full of opportunities.

Man's calculation is not as good as God's calculation.

No matter how you calculate, there is always one step missing.

December is coming soon.

The college entrance examination is getting closer and closer, and the whole school has entered a tense atmosphere of preparation for the examination.

The benefits of renting nearby also come into play.

There is heating, so you are not afraid of the cold.

There is electricity, so you can stay up late at night to review.

However, Xu Wen rarely stayed up late reading at night because he wanted to save money.

When Lu Yuanzheng left, he said that he would arrange to give her money every month when he returned.

But it's been half a year since he left, and Xu Wen hasn't received a penny yet.

The six hundred yuan in my hand can only go out but not come in.

The fixed monthly expenses are two and a half yuan for Dongsheng and eight yuan for her.

Every time I send Dongsheng to my uncle's house, even if I don't give him any money, I still have to pay about five yuan for tobacco, wine, sugar, tea, snacks, fruits and vegetables.

It cost thirty yuan for one and a half months.

Dongsheng was ill and hospitalized for a week, and spent more than 100 on food and drinks during the hospitalization.

Renting this house costs ten yuan a month, and I pay for the water and electricity bills myself. I also pay for daily food and drink.

He also promised Kaichun'er to lend Xu Wen three hundred dollars. In this case, he would have less and less money to spend.

Xu Wen sighed softly, thinking that it seems that this person cannot avoid worrying about money in his life.

She had to find a way to make money, otherwise if she didn't come back from the expedition for another year, she wouldn't be able to support Dongsheng and herself, let alone go to college.

"Lu Yuanzheng, are you okay?" Xu Wen whispered.

The application form must be filled in before the college entrance examination.

Many students didn't know what it meant at all, so they filled in blindly with their eyes closed.

Not to mention that the world is so big, even if the motherland is so big, they only know about counties and cities. How do they know where the place name is before the name of the university?

Just know a capital city.

Everyone knows that there are only two universities in the capital, and two-thirds of the class have signed up.

Including the monitor, who is regarded as a trend-vane among the students, he also enrolled in one of them.

Xu Wen endured it again and again, but still couldn't get over the hurdle of conscience.

The college entrance examination is the biggest opportunity for these people to change their destiny, and it should not be wasted in ignorance.

Xu Wen stood in the back row of the classroom. There was a large hand-drawn map on the back wall.

She informed everyone one by one about which universities are good, which universities are easy to get into, and the provinces and cities where the universities are located.

When Xu Wen finished speaking, the whole class applauded gratefully.

"Wow! Ask, thank you! If you say this, I won't be so confused. You saved my life! If it weren't for you, I would have just submitted to Peking University. Which Peking University do you think I can go to with my grades? Isn't that just eliminating the pre-ordered customers?"

"That's right. So besides the capital, there are so many good places in our country? I like the sea and I want to go to the beach!"

"Asking you has helped us a lot. I have to treat you to dinner at noon. You are my savior!"

"Yes, yes, you can treat me to a meal."

"And I!"

"..."

Liu Rulan said bitterly: "I don't know which one I heard from hearsay, but you believe it when I say it!"

The tips of Shao Yue's ears heard him retort on the spot: "If you don't believe it, then if you continue to apply for Peking University, don't change your choice. If you do, you will be a bastard!"

"You are the bastard!"

Li Yun pulled them apart: "Okay, what's the point of arguing! Everyone knows whether it's true or false. Ru Lan, Xu Wen saved everyone in disguise. You don't have to be grateful, but don't say such disgusting words. That's right. We've been living in the same dormitory for two years, and now we're about to graduate and go our separate ways. Do we have to hold a grudge before leaving?"

Shao Yue snorted: "Don't worry, I won't hold a grudge. It's not worth it."

Liu Rulan also snorted, rolled her eyes and left.

Li Yun walked up to Xu Wen and patted Xu Wen's arm: "Asking, you, who are usually so quiet, know so much!"

"That's right, Xu asked, how do you know these things?"

Xu Wen came up with the wording he had thought of before speaking: "Instructor Lu said it. His comrades are from all over the country. He knew that I was going to take the college entrance examination, so he pieced together what he knew and told me."

Except for the new classmates, everyone knew that Lu Yuanzheng was very knowledgeable and didn't think much about it.

"Oh! I feel like I will be controlled by Instructor Lu for the rest of my life. You have to have Instructor Lu's shadow when you study in college. Okay! I suggest that our class have a dinner together! Thank you, Instructor Lu! Thank you, Xu Wen. It can also be regarded as a graduation dinner. "

"agree!"

"I disagree!"

The students turned their heads following the sound, and it turned out to be the principal.

"..."

The principal waved his hand to signal everyone to be quiet: "I'm not against you having dinner together, but not today. I just passed by and heard this classmate..." The principal pointed at Xu Wen, "What a great lecture! I think it's not just your class, but our whole school." Everyone needs this lesson you taught. Tonight I will organize the whole class to ask you to teach it again."

Xu Wen hesitated for a moment before shaking his head, "I'm sorry, principal. Can you change it to tomorrow morning? My son is still waiting for me at home."

headmaster:"......"

"Bring your son here and I'll take care of it for you, okay?"

What else could Xu Wen say?

In the evening of the same day, another application guide was disseminated to all students in the school.

The image of Comrade Lu Yuanzheng in the minds of teachers and students of No. 1 Middle School has become much higher!

"Instructor Lu is so awesome!"

"Instructor Lu knows so much!"

"If I fail the college entrance examination, I will join the army!"

"..."

Far away on the sea, Lu Yuanzheng sneezed twice, rubbed his itchy nose, and muttered: "Who cares about me?!"

Above the vast sea, a fishing boat split a straight line on the waves at an exaggerated speed like lightning.

This fishing boat was a camouflaged warship, and Lu Yuanzheng and his company were all on it.

At this moment Lu Yuanzheng and several of them were on the deck.

Xue Jue happened to be next to Lu Yuanzheng, and when he heard this, he teased him: "Lu Lian, does your sister-in-law miss you?"

"Sister-in-law?" The instructor next to him heard this and was very surprised. He touched Lu Yuanzheng with his arm, "Aren't you a bachelor? Where did you get your wife?"

Lu Yuanzheng, Xue Jue and the others arrived at the company just in time for the main force to prepare and set off. They hurriedly followed the gathering. The people in the company were also scattered on various ships. Until today's gathering, they had no chance to chat about daily life.

This battle to seize the island was very difficult and was scheduled to be completed in two months. However, due to the participation of a third country, some accidents occurred. The battle to seize the island has only come to an end now.

When his comrades mentioned Xu Wen, Lu Yuanzheng's eyes became distant. He took the cigarette from behind his ear, put it under his nose, smelled it, and said casually: "Where else could it come from? I married him!"

Xue Jue sneered, "Lu Lian, please pull me down! Is that what you call marriage? You ran away just after the wedding!"

Lu Yuanzheng let out a laugh and stretched out his legs to kick Xue Jue: "Then I've finished my worship!"

Having said that, I am also thinking about it in my heart.

Xu asked the girl if she would cry when she looked at Zili.

Dong Sheng, that naughty kid, doesn't know whether to obey or not?

Do you want to know if they have enough money?

They agreed to raise their mother and son, but as soon as they arrived, they were pulled out to fight and there was no time to do anything!

The instructor exclaimed: "You came back on your wedding day?"

"Isn't that true? My sister-in-law is so beautiful, but her eyes don't look good on us, Lu Lian!" Xue Jue clicked his tongue in disgust.

"After this fight, can you bring my sister-in-law to have a look?" the instructor said casually, "Don't say it! I always feel like something is missing after Dongsheng is gone. It's so deserted."

After Lu Yuanzheng smelled the smoke, he turned his head away, nodded and said, "Yes,"

If you can come back alive!

"No, you've been holding this cigarette behind your ear for several days. How come I can only see you but not smell you smoking? Have you quit smoking?"

Lu Yuanzheng said quietly: "All the money was used to marry my wife. I have no money to buy cigarettes."

"Tch!" The instructor didn't believe it. "You won't have the chance to buy new cigarette boxes during the war, right?"

Lu Yuanzheng raised his eyebrows but did not refute.

It is true that I have no money, and it is also true that I have no time to buy.

He left all the money with Xu Wen when he went out. When he arrived, he was taken out to fight. He spent most of the time floating on the sea. How could he have time to buy cigarettes?

This cigarette was the last cigarette he had with him, and he really couldn't bear to smoke it.

The instructor felt in his pocket, took out half a box of cigarettes and threw them to Lu Yuanzheng: "I picked them up on the island. They are foreign cigarettes. I don't know if you can get used to them?"

"Thanks!" Lu Yuanzheng took the cigarette, stood up and lit one on the deck.

There wasn't even a hint of starlight in the vast night, and it was so dark that it was despairing.

The instructor patted the dust on his butt and stood next to Lu Yuanzheng: "The war will start in a while. If you hurry up, it will be over when the sun comes out!"

Lu Yuanzheng nodded, stretched out his arms and gestured outward, "When we take over this archipelago, our coastline will be extended to 160 kilometers!"

"So it's worth risking your life here!"

Hearing this, Lu Yuanzheng turned his head and glanced at the instructor, "Do you still want to see my wife? If you do, just take back such depressing words! We will all come back!"

"That's right! I'm really not willing to leave like this!" The instructor snorted: "You kid is always trying to push me. I was very happy that I found a wife earlier than you, but I'm already engaged, and you kid is silent. Hibiki took a vacation and got married. I really can't bear the thought of not having a baby earlier than you."

As soon as the instructor finished speaking, a whistle sounded in the night sky.

Lu Yuanzheng and the instructor's expressions darkened at the same time.

Lu Yuanzheng strode to the cabin: "The whole company gathers, gets on the boat, and prepares to land on the beach!"

Chapter 38

The first test of the college entrance examination was Chinese, and Xu Wen was happy when he saw the test paper.

Before entering the examination room, Xu Wen thought that it would be better if he didn't pass the exam casually.

Who knew that there are only three questions in the entire test paper!

There is also a sentence written on it: Science students only write essays.

In other words, you only need to answer one of these three questions.

There is no room for slack at all. You can't really go back with a zero score.

Essays are different from multiple-choice questions. For multiple-choice questions in urban areas, you can control how many points you get.

Where does the standard answer come from in the composition? The points awarded also include the subjective evaluation of the marking teacher.

Xu Wen sighed lightly, thinking that since this was the case, he should take the exam seriously! We will discuss it later if you pass the exam or not.

Oh, the title of the essay is also very appropriate: an unforgettable day.

It's quite unforgettable. Each subject in the college entrance examination is one question, and the score is still 100.

The college entrance examination lasted for three days, with scores of 100 points except for foreign languages, mathematics, physics, chemistry and politics, and 30 points for foreign languages.

For Xu Wen, the difficulty of the questions is similar to that of primary school to junior high school, but for contemporary people with huge gaps in educational resources and backgrounds, it is quite difficult.

No wonder the slogan on the banner hung in front of the school before the college entrance examination is a red heart, two preparations!

Be prepared for both being named on the gold list and failing.

As soon as they came out of the examination room, they saw Sang Xiaoqing holding Dongsheng and stomping her feet outside. He seemed more nervous than she was.

When Laoyuan saw Xu Wen, he came over and said, "How is it? Is it difficult? Are you sure you can pass the exam?"

Xu Wen nodded, "Absolutely!"

"That's good! That's good! Let's go home and eat!"

After walking a few steps, Xu Wen snorted, "Sister-in-law, isn't this the way back?"

"Oh, I'm vacating that house. Your brother is waiting for us in front! All the things in the house have been packed and moved into the car. This house was originally rented for you to take the college entrance examination, and now you have finished the exam and spent the wasted money on it. What? I asked your brother to buy some charcoal for the deposit and the rest of the money to put at home. Dongsheng is still young, so he might as well carry the cold as an adult. "

Xu Wen understood that her sister-in-law and brother had been separated for nearly two months because of her, and they missed each other. Besides, she didn't like renting a house. He smiled and said, "Thank you, brother and sister-in-law, for your hard work."

"You girl, isn't this going to be an affair with your family?"

"Oh! I'm going home!" Dongsheng cheered.

Xu Wen came here in a cattle cart, and the shaft and rear of the cart were already filled with daily necessities for Xu Wen and the three of them. However, there was still an open space in the carriage, which was already covered with old mattresses.

Xu Wen asked Sang Xiaoqing and Dongsheng to climb into the car and sit down. Xu Wen got another quilt for the three of them to cover: "Our oxcart is slow and it's cold today. Don't freeze!"

The days are short in winter, and the sun disappears halfway.

The wind shaved my face like a knife.

Xu Wen held Dongsheng in his arms and wrapped him tightly in quilt.

Sang Xiaoqing must have not seen Xu Wen for a long time, so he was chirping.

Xu Wen listened with a smile and thought of Lu Yuanzheng again.

I don't know how he is doing, no news about him for so long.

"Mom." Dongsheng suddenly raised his face and looked at Xu Wen, "I miss dad."

Xu Wen felt nervous. After Lu Yuanzheng left, Dongsheng rarely mentioned Lu Yuanzheng.

I only occasionally see fathers in the team playing with their children, and they stop and watch for a long time.

Xu Wen felt so distressed every time he saw Dongsheng like that that he could do nothing but stop and hug him.

It was Dongsheng who comforted her, "Mom, dad will be back soon."

This was the first time that Dongsheng said so frankly that he missed his father.

Xu Wen hugged him and put his face against Dongsheng's cold face, "He... will be back in a while."

Dongsheng nodded and put his little hand on his heart, "Mama, I feel uncomfortable here. Am I sick again?"

Xu Wen shook his head, "You just miss dad too much."

Xu Wen sighed: "It was the same on this expedition. I didn't even get a letter after I left. There were so many soldiers in the commune, but I didn't see anyone like him who left without hearing anything. Others would always write a few letters throughout the year. It would be nice for him to come back..."

Sang Xiaoqing saw that Xu Wen's mood had also dropped, and he hurriedly patted Xu Wen, "Stop talking about you!"

Siheyuan is quite pleasant to live in in the summer, but a bit difficult to live in in the winter.

The Xu family at least had an earthen kang, which could be kept warm by burning firewood.

Lu Yuanzheng's courtyard house has not been inhabited for a long time, and there is no breath of life at all, and it is even colder.

Xu Wen asked Dongsheng to jump around in the house to keep his feet from freezing. He chopped some firewood and lit the stove in the bedroom first.

After a while, the room gradually became warmer.

Xu Wen was afraid that Dongsheng wouldn't be able to keep warm under the covers, so he asked him to share the same bed with him.

I am so happy in winter that I feel like I have won a lottery, jumping around in my autumn clothes and trousers.

After putting Dongsheng to sleep, Xu Wen got up again to add charcoal and sat by the stove, covering his right eye and frowning.

His eyelids kept twitching after he came out of the examination room, which made Xu Wen panic.

The old man said that if the left eye jumps, the right eye will bring disaster.

For Xu Wen, failing to get into college is not a disaster.

The biggest disaster was the expedition.

Xu Wen sighed softly and said to himself: "Are you okay? If you are still safe, please send me a message!"

Xu Wen boiled a large pot of water and washed the sheets and bedding, while Dongsheng played in the yard.

He vaguely heard Dongsheng talking, and raised his voice and asked: "Dongsheng, who are you talking to?"

"A few uncles you don't know, they come to find you."

When Xu Wen heard this, he stood up and wiped his hands on his coat. When he opened the door, he saw several people standing in the yard.

There were two teams, one in military uniforms and one in Chinese tunic suits, and there was a commune cadre that Xu Wen was familiar with. Xu Wen saw him when he was engaged to Lu Yuanzheng.

"Excuse me, are you Comrade Xu Wen?"

Xu Wen nodded, "Who are you?"

The two teams looked at each other, and the one in military uniform saluted Xu Wen: "Comrade Xu Wen, we are from the Municipal Armed Forces Department. These comrades..." He pointed to the Chinese tunic suit beside him, "They are from the Administration Department. Yes. We are here today to be entrusted by others."

The speaker took a document bag from the person behind him and handed it to Xu Wen: "This is Comrade Lu Yuanzheng's suicide note and his allowance for the last few months. I'm afraid you will be short of money and send it here first."

Xu Wen's hand shook and the document bag fell to the ground, "He...he..." Is he dead?

But I couldn't say three words.

The man in military uniform shook his head, "We don't know the specific situation. His unit has too many secrets, so we only received a notice to transfer these to you. If Comrade Lu Yuanzheng does die, it will take time to go through the relevant procedures. "

The man in a Chinese tunic suit next to him bent down and picked up the document bag and handed it to Xu Wen again: "Comrade Xu Wen... my condolences. Comrade Lu Yuanzheng is a hero."

The man from the commune placed the basket of grains, oils, rice, noodles and fruits he was carrying on the open space in the yard. "Comrade Lu Yuanzheng has to go through the process for his pension. If you have any difficulties in life, come to me directly at the commune."

Xu Wen didn't know who sent them out. When she came to her senses and stood at the door, those people seemed to disappear out of thin air.

Dongsheng tugged at the corner of her clothes and asked her, "Mom, why are you crying?"

Xu Wen quickly wiped his eyes and forced a smile: "Mama just misses dad."

"Oh!" Dongsheng nodded to express his understanding: "I miss my father too. So what does it mean that Mom is dead?"

Xu Wen looked down at the confused Dongsheng. Her tears fell again and she couldn't stop them. She opened her arms and hugged him tightly.

Chapter 39

Lu Yuanzheng's character is the same as his person, calm yet revealing.

The suicide note was just a few lines of businesslike words.

The house was left to Xu Wen.

His allowance for the past few months was given to Xu Wen.

If Xu Wen wants to remarry, Dongsheng can be raised by his uncle.

Xu Wen sat in the patio while reading this suicide note.

The weather is very good and the sun is very high. It is a rare warm day in winter.

Dongsheng, who was temporarily fooled by her, was playing with shadows in the yard, sticking his head out of the shadows and then hiding back.

From time to time, he would call Xu Wen: "Mama, look! My shadow has gotten bigger!"

"Well, it's amazing." Xu Wen reluctantly raised the corners of his lips and looked up at the dazzling sunshine, feeling very confused.

The last time I was so confused was when I first came here.

Xu Wen didn't know how he felt now.

She and Lu Yuanzheng probably spent less than a week together from the time they knew they were getting married to the time they separated, and the number of times they met was only a handful.

But why are you so sad now?

It felt like there was a stone pressing on my chest. No matter how hard I took a breath, I couldn't help but feel suffocated.

Xu Wen raised his arms, covered his eyes with the back of his hands, and whispered, "What should I do?"

In the past, Xu Wen would have gritted his teeth and sent Dongsheng to his uncle, and continued to go to college.

Of course, she would also keep the house and the money given by Lu Yuanzheng for Dongsheng.

But during the time when Dongsheng was staying at his uncle's house, his temper became more and more dull. From being a cute little girl with a generous and generous mouth to someone who lowered his head and shrank his neck to avoid shouting at others.

He almost lost his life.

It wasn't until she took care of it herself that Dongsheng slowly returned to his former self.

Xu Wen knew that for Lu Yuanzheng, Dongsheng was not only the child of his comrades, but also his and theirs.

They included Xue Jue, whom she had met at the wedding, and her comrades on the expedition whom she had never met.

Being born in winter is a kind of inheritance for them.

Yesterday, before leaving, Lu Yuanzheng's old comrade-in-arms told Xu Wen that Lu Yuanzheng's company was completely wiped out.

Xu Wen took a deep breath and made a decision. She would not give Dongsheng to her uncle, she would take it herself.

In fact, she really didn't want to go to college anymore, she just wanted to spend more time with Dongsheng.

I live in this courtyard with my children, growing flowers and grass.

The money in hand can last until the self-employment is legalized, and then I can start a small business and live a very comfortable life with Dongsheng and his son.

She knows all the things she needs to know in college, and the only meaning to her is that after graduating from college, she can be assigned a job and eat public food.

Then again, she even got double diplomas in her previous life! What is the use?

Shouldn't we just keep our tail between our legs now?

If she dares to talk about finance in a fluent foreign language, she can report to Team He again tomorrow.

It's just that Xu Wen can think about it, but the Xu family definitely can't.

It is definitely recommended that Xu Wen leave the child at home with them or have someone at home accompany him.

Xu Wen didn't like to trouble people, including his own relatives.

But how can I go to college if I bring it myself?

What should I do if she can't pick up winter students from school on time?

What should I do if Dong Sheng usually catches a cold or has a fever?

There are also expenses. Two people live in a big city and have to rent a house. Can they survive with the money they have?

Thinking of this, I asked Summoning Magic Mirror: "Mirror, Mirror, was it expensive to go to college in the 1970s?"

According to her recent experience with the magic mirror, she found that the magic mirror is actually equivalent to an encyclopedia or a virtual girl.

Magic Mirror replied: "I'm sorry, I am only a system that serves stepmothers and cannot solve other problems."

Xu Wen thought for a moment and changed his question: "Mirror, Mirror, what should I do if my stepmother wants to take her child to college but has no money?"

This time Magic Mirror answered Xu's question: "From 1977 to 1986, you did not have to pay tuition and accommodation fees to attend college, and those whose families were in difficulty would receive a part of the living expenses subsidy. According to national regulations, the monthly living expenses subsidy was no less than 13 Yuan."

Xu Wen thought it would be nice not to have to pay tuition.

Xu Wen still has four hundred yuan in his hand, and Lu Yuanzheng's suicide note also contains a remittance slip for one hundred yuan.

Six hundred yuan should be enough for the two of you to live frugally for four years, right?

However, before the Xu family built a house, Xu Wen promised to borrow 300 yuan.

Although, if she really goes to college, the Xu family will definitely not be willing to use her money anymore.

You have to plan with the minimum amount of money first.

This leaves only 300 yuan, and saving 300 yuan will not last four years.

No, it won't take four years. When you go to a big city to study next year, you should be able to do some small business, right?

After all, the individual economy did not appear in one day, it just became legal one day.

At the very least, Xu Wen remembered that when he was studying history in his previous life, his teacher told them that when a large number of educated youth returned to the city, many places simply could not accommodate the jobs of so many people.

But having so many people idle at home is also a nuisance, which adds a lot of pressure to public security.

Many people's conditions are not good, so they simply go out to set up street stalls, such as under overpasses.

At that time, local economic departments also turned a blind eye.

They can support their families by doing small business, but they also take up time and energy and have no time to gather in groups to fight.

As long as it's not excessive, don't worry.

In this case, it should be possible to rent a house near the school and live with Dongsheng, right?

Only can.

Since those people from the city who came to express condolences to Xu Wen left, people from the county and communes came one after another to express their condolences.

Provided some necessities of life.

The production team...the production team doesn't need anyone, the team leader is Uncle Lu Yuanzheng.

The uncle came first in the morning, together with other cadres in the team.

He said that Lu Yuanzheng was a hero and would give Xu Wen, mother and son free food rations for a year. Even if Xu Wen didn't earn a single work point, she would be given travel expenses if she was admitted to the university's production team.

I came again in the evening, this time my uncle and his family came together.

The main room was too cold to sit still.

Xu Wen let people into the back room, moved the coffee table into the back room, and moved a few stools.

This is normal in rural areas and no one would find it unusual.

The aunt took out ten dollars and put it on the coffee table, "Ask me, this is a little bit of my uncle's and aunt's thoughts. You can keep it."

The eldest uncle looked at her aunt and took ten yuan, then frowned and looked at her uncle.

The uncle's eyes were a little cold and he nodded.

The eldest uncle took out thirty yuan and put it on the coffee table, "You are raising a child alone, and you need to spend a lot of money! You have the money and you have confidence. Speaking of which, our Lu family is also sorry for you. Expedition to him..."

The uncle glared at his wife: "What are you sorry for? Lu Yuanzheng did nothing wrong! He is a hero! He is the pride of our Lu family."

The eldest uncle didn't dare to talk back, but the little aunt retorted: "Brother! That's what happened, and that's what happened. Xu Wen, an older girl's family, followed us to have a baby, and she left without even finishing the wedding. This Once we are gone, heaven and earth will be separated forever, so I feel sorry for asking Wenwen to become a widow at such a young age and still have to raise children in winter!"

Unexpectedly, the uncle didn't scold his aunt, but just asked: "Let me ask, what do you think?"

Xu Wen looked at the worried faces and smiled with understanding: "Thank you, uncles, aunts and uncles. Take this money back and I can support myself and Dongsheng."

She understood that these four people came together to explore her.

To put it bluntly, they were just afraid that she would throw away her hands and leave, leaving Dongsheng with them.

After all, as my aunt said, she and Lu Yuanzheng didn't even finish their wedding.

As for her aunt speaking for her for the first time, she was just trying to make a fool of herself for fear that her uncle would offend her and leave.

The four of them breathed a sigh of relief after hearing what Xu Wen said.

If Xu Wenzhen really didn't care about Dongsheng, they would definitely have to take care of him as uncles.

But deep down, no one wants to add another person to the family.

Taking care of it for a few days and months and raising it all the time are two different concepts.

After sending away the uncle and aunt, there is still another difficulty: the Xu family.

After the news of Lu Yuanzheng's heroic death reached the Xu family, everyone in the Xu family except grandma arrived that day.

When Zhu Meizhen saw Xu Wen, she hugged her and cried, "My poor daughter..."

The Xu family members all looked bad, and they all sighed, feeling that it was hard to ask about their fate.

Xu Wen asked Xu Che to take Dongsheng out to play.

Some words were not suitable for him to hear.

"Mom, dad, brother-in-law, brother-in-law, I'm fine! Really." Xu Wen comforted them in turn.

Zhu Meizhen said with a sad face: "Silly girl, how can this be okay? You were widowed at a young age, and you have a child who is not your own. What do you think you will do in the future?"

Xu Wang also let out a long sigh: "Ask me, you haven't gone through life yet. If only you were the only one! At worst, we can find someone to remarry. But you have a stepmother and a stepson, and it will be difficult to find your husband's family in the future."

Xu Wen even said directly: "Ask, how about you give Dongsheng to me to raise? This way you can be a good husband again in the future."

Xu Wen didn't know whether to laugh or cry, so he could only reiterate again: "I'm really fine. I don't want to get married again, at least not in a short time. I plan to take care of Dongsheng by myself."

"Then what should you do if you get admitted to college?" Xu Qiushi said, "You can't take your children to college, right? It's not as good as being at home when you go to college. It's hard for you to be alone outside and not familiar with the place. You Are you still taking Dongsheng with you?"

It would be really difficult for an ordinary girl.

Maybe she is not an ordinary girl. She has even traveled abroad, let alone far away places, so she is not afraid.

However, these words cannot be said. Xu Wen only said: "Then you may not be able to pass the exam. What if you fail?"

It is really a special honor to be a military wife these days, especially a military wife whose man died heroically.

The common people also have a strong sense of belonging to the army. So strong that Xu Wen was a little flattered.

When I open my eyes in the morning and open the door, there are either a few eggs, rice noodles or even pickles hanging on the door.

This went on for several days, and I didn't know who to thank him for.

In the blink of an eye, it's time to release the results.

Not surprisingly, Xu Wen took first place again.

This year's test papers were set by each province, and Xu Wen was naturally the top scorer in the province.

Within a few days, the admission notice was sent to Xu Wen via urgent telegram.

Xu Wen reported to Peking University.

Suddenly Xu Wen became a busy man again.

The school invited her to give a speech at the school, and radio and newspapers rushed to interview her.

Xu Wen went to the school lecture, but she declined the interview.

A person whose husband had just died was not suitable for such a high profile.

The Xu family and the Lu family wanted to hold a banquet to celebrate, but Xu Wen refused for the same reason.

In the commune, Xu Wen was in the limelight for a while.

Most people envied and sympathized with Xu Wen.

"A good female college student who is expected to be the number one scholar has become a new widow. It is rare for her to have happy events or funerals. The reason why she didn't hold a funeral is because the official document of her sacrifice during the expedition has not yet arrived. It will only happen sooner or later."

"Who says it isn't? Maybe it will be a good thing for her. She might find a better family after she goes to college."

"Quickly pull her down! She also has a child. Even if people in the city are married, they don't want someone to take care of the child, right?"

"What happened to the first marriage? We all know that she didn't even enter the bridal chamber. The child is not her biological child, so why don't we just dump the child to the Lu family while going to college? Lu Yuanzheng is gone, can Uncle Lu Yuanzheng still return the favor? here I am!"

"That's right. The Lu family really has no reason not to let her go. After all, Xu Wen is not Dongsheng's biological mother. Then can the stepmother still kiss grandparents with the same surname?"

"You can't say that. I heard that Xu Wen is really good at being a stepmother. She is very good to the children! It's just because Lu Yuanzheng's aunt made the child sick, and she took the child to school to take the college entrance examination when she was angry."

"Normally, it's nothing. Now, hasn't Lu Yuanzheng disappeared and she has been admitted to college again? No matter how good a stepmother is, can she take her stepson to college?"

"..."

These gossips not only reached Xu Wen's ears, but also reached the ears of his uncle and others.

Xu Wen didn't care what others thought, as long as she had a clear conscience.

It's just that the eldest uncle, aunt, uncle, and aunt felt uneasy after hearing this.

Chapter 40

Recently, some discordant voices suddenly sounded among the voices of sympathy and admiration for Xu Wen.

It was roughly said that Xu Wen was a lone star who was destined to be a bad guy.

It was said that Xu Wen had a blind date with Wen Yiming first, but Wen Yiming was sent to jail.

Lu Yuanzheng married her and was killed immediately.

Xu Wen thought these rumors were funny when they first came out. Would anyone believe such ridiculous words?

Facts have proved that some people really believe it.

Xu Wen didn't care, but the Xu family couldn't care less.

Zhu Meizhen got into a quarrel with someone in the production team and threatened to tear the mouths of those who gossiped.

But the Xu family can't quarrel with everyone. They gossip behind the Xu family's back, and there's nothing they can do about it.

Zhu Meizhen was so angry that she wiped her tears at home every day, "Let's ask, why is life so miserable? On a blind date, I met a black-hearted Wen Yiming! After finally finding a reliable one, I sacrificed it! She was so young when After killing the widow, these people who eat human blood steamed buns still won't let her go. Isn't this just rubbing salt into your heart?"

Xu Wen didn't want to care about these rumors, but the lives of the Xu family had obviously been affected, and the atmosphere in the family was very wrong.

When the Xu family went out, others looked at them with inquiring eyes.

The most uncomfortable thing is that a group of people were talking on the roadside, and when Xu's family passed by, everyone suddenly fell silent.

It's hard not to overthink this situation.

The most important thing is that Dongsheng came back gloomily one day and asked her: "Mom, did you really kill dad? Can you bring dad back?"

Xu Wen had a temper even if he heard such heart-wrenching words, not to mention that she just didn't take the initiative to cause trouble, so she didn't really have a temper.

In anger, Xu Wen patiently explained to Dongsheng: "Dad died while protecting the country's territory. He was a hero. This was not caused by my mother. She liked my father very much like you, and of course she wanted him to come back." "

Dongsheng raised his head with tears in his eyes: "If you die, will you never come back? Then will I have no father in the future?"

Xu Wen didn't reply to him, but just held him in his arms and coaxed him: "You will still have me from now on."

Dongsheng lay on Xu Wen's shoulder and cried heartbrokenly.

After coaxing Dongsheng, Xu Wen did two things.

The first thing she did was to dig out the candy left over from her wedding and give it to Xu Qie, and also gave him a task. Ask him to go to school to find out the source of the rumor.

The adults were all on guard against the Xu family, so even if the Xu family went out to inquire, others would only say that they had heard of it or that they had not heard of it and did not know.

Children, on the other hand, don't have so many tricks up their sleeves and are prone to making clichés.

The commune says it's big or small, and it's not impossible to find the source if you really want to.

If a piece of candy can't solve the problem, ten pieces will be given. Whoever provides the most uplines will be given candy.

For example, Doudou heard it from her mother, her mother heard it from her aunt, and that aunt heard it from a neighbor... and so on, the source can always be found.

The second thing was that Xu Wen wrote an article and sent it to the newspaper.

Her writing is good, and the things she exposes are eye-catching. The newspaper accepted it and gave her a royalties.

It didn't take long for Xu Wen to see his article in the newspaper. The title was particularly eye-catching.

"Xu Wen Kefu, the top scorer in the college entrance examination?" Soldiers will never die in peace during the expedition! 》

Subtitle: A soldier who sacrificed his life for the country was said to have been killed by his wife. Which is more heartbreaking, feudal superstition or rumors?

Xu Wen told his experience in the simplest words.

One of the passages reads: [I don't mind the slander I receive, but I mind the injustice suffered by my lover Lu Yuanzheng. He clearly shed blood on the battlefield and sacrificed his life for the country. He is a hero worthy of everyone's respect. But in people's minds, such a hero was just killed by an "unknown person" like me.

The blood, sweat and sacrifices made by Lu Yuanzheng were wiped out by the word "gram".

Our children suffered terribly as a result.

Because in the eyes of the child, his father is no longer a hero, and his mother is just the executioner who killed his father.

And what did I do wrong to deserve such humiliation?

Lu Yuanzheng and I separated on the day of our wedding. He received an order to end his vacation early]

This article caused a great stir and was widely discussed among the people.

Naturally, it also attracted the attention of relevant departments.

From top to bottom, the matter must be thoroughly investigated and the families of the martyrs must not be disappointed.

Orders were sent to cities, counties, and communes one by one.

The president personally went to Xu Wen's home to express his condolences.

Before the president arrived, Xu Wen had just arrived, and they found the source of the rumors.

It turned out to be the Lu family production brigade. To be precise, they are the Lu family.

The eldest uncle and young aunt who are traveling far away from home.

Xu Wen handed over these two people without saying a word and asked the company to give them justice.

The president was furious and ordered the uncle and brother-in-law to be brought over.

Xu Wen asked Dongsheng to open the door for the neighbors to watch.

They were the ones who spread the rumors, and they had to rely on them to spread the results.

The uncle heard this without saying a word and slapped his mother-in-law in public, and then slapped his brother-in-law.

The uncle cried out: "Brother, I really don't know about this."

"You don't know that's why I should beat you! Who told you not to take care of your own mother-in-law!"

The uncle muttered: "Don't you take care of it?"

The uncle heard what the uncle said clearly, and without saying a word, he slapped Xu Wen: "Ask, it's the uncle's fault! I didn't take care of your aunt and your uncle. Don't worry, I will give you a Explain."

He moved so fast that Xu Wen had no time to stop him.

The uncle had already turned around and questioned the aunt and aunt: "Why are you two so cruel to others? How heart-wrenching these words are, don't you think? You don't even say that the expedition is about martyrs, just ask about your niece-in-law. You shouldn't spread such unethical words! How about you two bitches chewing on the merits Lu Yuanzheng earned by risking his life, and then he dies inexplicably?"

The uncle and aunt never dreamed that Xu Wen would be able to catch them out, and since people from the commune and the team were all there, they were so frightened that they could only sob and cry.

"Why are you crying? I haven't even cried yet. Why do you have the shame to cry? Tell me! Why are you doing this?"

The two of them still just cried and didn't speak.

"Say it!" The uncle pointed angrily at his mother-in-law.

The mother-in-law trembled, and the fear of her uncle for many years was deeply rooted in her bones. She quickly said: "It was my younger siblings who encouraged me to do this."

The aunt was anxious: "Sister-in-law, you can't push the matter so cleanly! Didn't you spread the gossip first? It was you who said that your family has a lot of people coming and going all day long, so you can spread the news."

"Is that your idea? You said that Xu Wen must leave Dongsheng to us when he goes to college? If you don't want to raise Dongsheng, you will ruin Xu Wen's reputation. She will not be able to remarry, so she will not Dongsheng sent it."

The aunt was silent for a moment, and then retorted: "Don't you think so? If you were willing to raise Dongsheng, would you rush to my house to discuss it with me? And you are so active in spreading gossip outside?"

"That's enough!" The uncle roared angrily, his hands trembling with anger. He turned around and bowed to Xu Wen: "Xu Wen, uncle, I'm going to apologize to you. It's because I failed to take care of your mother-in-law, and it's because I failed to entrust you with the expedition."

Xu Wen snorted coldly: "What's the use of apologizing? Now Xu Wen's reputation has been ruined by you. How will she live in the future?"

The president also spoke: "Old Lu! You are an old captain, you shouldn't be so confused. That child is from your Lu family, and you should take care of it. Even if you don't want to, you can discuss it with Comrade Xu Wen, what should I say? You shouldn't ruin the girl's reputation! That Comrade Lu who died is the pride of your Lu family. Aren't you afraid of being struck by lightning like this? In my opinion, why should you manage the brigade if you can't even manage your own family? Captain, let me go first While others do it, you take care of your house first. As for you..."

The president pointed at his brother-in-law and his wife: "It seems that they are too full to have the strength to arrange people like this. They will deduct three months of food rations for each person in their family."

The uncle didn't say anything.

My aunt, uncle, and aunt all begged for mercy for me.

"President, this is all the fault of me, a woman, and it has nothing to do with our family's old ways. Please don't remove him from his position! He has been the captain for more than 20 years, and if he is removed like this, how will the team members view him? "

The president snorted coldly: "Why didn't you think about what others would think of Comrade Xu Wen when you spread the rumors?"

The uncle also repeatedly begged for mercy: "President, is it too much to deduct three months of rations? This way our family will not have enough to eat!"

"Be hungry so that you don't have so many evil intentions to scheme against others. I also heard that the child almost died in your hands! You are considered the child's biological grandparents, so why do you act so unconscionably?"

After speaking, the president turned to Xu Wen and asked: "Comrade Xu Wen, do you think this is okay? Do you have any other requests?"

Xu Wen first asked Xu Wen to take Dongsheng out and close the door at the same time.

"President, you are here to bear witness today. No matter whether I go to college or not, I will never leave Dongsheng to anyone. He is my son!"

The president was stunned for a moment, then responded: "Okay." He couldn't help but point to the four Lu family members, "The four of you combined are over two hundred years old, and you are not as enlightened as other young lesbians."

The uncle quickly expressed his position: "How can you go to college with your child? Just leave Dongsheng at home and we will take care of him! I promise that what happened last time will not happen again. This is our grandson, and we should take care of him."

Xu Wen shook his head: "He is not your grandson."

There was a sudden silence among the dozen or so people in the courtyard.

"This child is the child of Lu Yuanzheng's comrade, and his parents are both soldiers. He is an orphan of a martyr, and he grew up in the compound. The reason why Lu Yuanzheng returned to the village is to entrust the orphan to you. I am afraid that you do not sincerely treat Dongsheng, so I have kept it secret. It depends on his life experience. Now it seems that he still trusts you blindly. Even if it is his flesh and blood, you don't care much."

Xu Wen curled his lips sarcastically: "You don't have to think about how to shirk the blame in the future. Dongsheng has nothing to do with you and needs your upbringing. However, I hope you can keep the words I said today secret. Of course, I'm afraid your mouth I can't believe it either. It doesn't matter, school will start after the Chinese New Year anyway, and I will take Dongsheng away."

The president was also confused.

No one thought that this child had nothing to do with Xu Wen and was a pure orphan.

After a long time, the president gave Xu Wen a thumbs up: "Comrade Xu Wen, well done! In this way, the company will contribute part of Dongsheng's living expenses in the future."

Xu Wen hesitated for a moment before shaking his head: "Thank you, president, for your kindness, but I can't take it. The reason why Lu Yuanzheng adopted this child is because he didn't want him to know that he was an orphan. If the club wants to provide living expenses, it must go through many people. His hand, then it is an open secret. I still hope that as few people know about it as possible. Just treat him as my biological son."

The president nodded: "You are still thoughtful." He turned to them and asked, "Do you understand? This matter needs to be spread again. Everyone present is responsible. No one can escape."

In addition to removing his uncle from his position as captain and depriving his brother-in-law's family of food rations, he also published a list throughout the commune criticizing the uncle and his family.

This is a very serious punishment.

And it's not over yet.

Some newspapers and radio stations came to follow up and report on this matter.

Every day, letters came from all over the world, scolding my uncle, uncle, and the others.

They say they are the ones who eat human blood steamed buns.

The common topic of conversation among the commune members after dinner was to blame the uncle and the brother-in-law together.

The lives of Xu Wen and Dongsheng gradually returned to peace.

As the Chinese New Year was approaching, a call suddenly came to the commune and was transferred to the brigade. Xu was asked by name.

Xu Wen answered the phone.

The person on the phone asked: "Is this Comrade Xu Wen?"

"I am, who are you?"

"Hello, sister-in-law, I am Lu Yuanzheng's comrade. He is not dead yet!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.6K 375 9
In the 1970s, the couple was reborn in their daily life, farming, being a soldier, treating diseases and raising children. Zhuo Yuhang changed his fa...
16.5K 380 29
A powerful, ruthless, cold and ferocious mafia king Caesar Mikhailov, who is respected and feared by all - except him. Igor Smirnov is a loyal, fear...
34.5K 334 13
Liang Huan is a fast-traveling boss. When she completed the system task and was about to return to the real world, the system made a mistake. She tra...
27.9K 240 11
The sweet and soft little beauty of the boss's house on the island [Year] Original title: 驻岛大佬家的甜软小美人[年代] Author: Back to Time https://www.xbanxia.co...