Bloodlines || Cha Hyun Soo

By ElysiumStarrs

A year ago, In Seong fucked up. Or, well, netizens thoughts he fucked up. It had been a year since a rumor... More

𝚌𝚊𝚜𝚝
𝚎𝚙𝚒𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚙𝚑
𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎 : 𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
f i f t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚝𝚠𝚘 : 𝚑𝚞𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚜
t w e n t y
t w e n t y - o n e
t w e n t y - t w o
t w e n t y - three
t w e n t y - f o u r
t w e n t y - f i v e
t w e n t y - s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o

e l e v e n

493 37 12
By ElysiumStarrs

In Seong refused.

He straight up refused to participate in the exercise that Eun Hyuk was now enforcing. Inseong stayed on the stairs, looking over his collection of knives. He was there to keep up appearances, but Inseong refused to participate in Eun Hyuk's hair brain plans. He looked up from his collection to Ji Su who was walking around like an infected monster. In Seong lifted his hand up, flipping her off with a smirk before looking back down at his collection.

When Eun Hyuk came up with these exercises, In Seong was against it from the jump. Sure, he felt that they should prepare for anything and everything when it comes to becoming a monster. Any one of them could become a monster, but at the same time, in the heat of the moment, did Eun Hyuk really think they would be in the right mind?

In Seong saw the reactions to the residents when Seok Hyeon's nose started to bleed. They were scared out of their fucking minds. But at the same, they were looking at In Seong as he laughed his ass off at the karmic justice that came down on Seok Hyeon's ass.

Like Inseong, Eun Yoo felt the same way. She was sarcastic when the exercise was finished for the day. In Seong gathered up his knives, hiding them away in his clothes. He pulled the cigarette box from his pocket, flipping the top to see how many he had left from that pack.

"Let's call it a day. Good work."

In Seong stood up from the stairs, a cigarette between his lips. He played with the lighter as he walked to the back of the building to get some fresh air. In Seong opened the door to the fire escape stairs. In Seong brought the lighter to the tip of the cigarette, lighting it. He inhaled deeply – it had been a few days since he last had a cigarette. He snuck out of Du Sik's apartment, going to one of the windows when he was on the fourteenth floor. In Seong hadn't gotten the chance to smoke since.

In Seong propped the door open so he could get back in. He climbed the stairs somewhat to look out. He could see a couple of monsters wandering around, looking for their next dinner. In Seong sat on the stairs, watching them as he smoked.

Currently, Inseong was safe from the monsters below him. Du Sik was in charge of basically monster proofing the entire first level of the apartment complex. The fire escape exit was sealed off but only to a certain point. Where In Seong was sitting, he could see the outside, feel the light breeze and enjoy the fresh air. But the monsters couldn't get him, they tried, but unlike the other monsters they had been dealing with, these guys were tame, and lame, in comparison.

In Seong bent down, blowing smoke into the face of one of the monsters, smirking wickedly.

In Seong didn't know what type of person he was when it came to taunting the monsters. It might make him a horrible person; it might make him a monster.

In Seong took a long drag from the cigarette. In Seong leaned back against the stairs. He removed the cigarette from his lips, holding off to the side as he tilted his head back and blew the smoke up into the air. He closed his eyes, letting the sun hit his face.

In Seong allowed himself to think about the rules that Eun Hyuk set up to make things go smoother around the place. In Seong wasn't listening to Eun Hyuk's rules – nor was Eun Yoo, but that was another story. In Seong was doing his own thing, like refusing to sleep in the daycare center, he took to sleeping right outside where Hyun Soo was.

They were supposed to do the buddy system, yet Inseong did do shit with his "buddy". In Seong went off on his own all the time, not caring about Eun Hyuk's rule.

Also, food was limited to once per day – they were lacking in supplies, feeding all the mouths they had, it was getting harder and harder. In Seong made sure that the kids had bigger meals than he did. If he had something on his plate he didn't want, he'd give it to either Su Yeong or Yeong Su. No one questioned him as he ate less than the rest.

The one rule In Seong couldn't refuse was getting his temperature checked. Just like everyone else, they had to get their temperatures checked at 8pm sharp to make sure they weren't getting infected. Although, In Seong didn't understand why they were checking each other's temperatures when there was nothing that said anything about that.

And obviously, the rule that was already in place: isolate the infected. They were already doing that – and In Seong hated it.

In Seong sighed heavily. "If you fucking tell my smoking is bad for my health, I might actually burn you with it." In Seong commented as he opened his eyes. He looked down to where Eun Hyuk was standing. "What do you want? Were my hateful words not enough for you?" In Seong asked as he brought his cigarette to his lips.

"I want you to be the next monster in tomorrow exercise." In Seong instantly flipped him off. In Seong wanted nothing to do with Eun Hyuk's exercises when it came to the monsters. "In Seong-"

"You've only had to deal with the tongue monster, Eun Hyuk. You think that monsters are just going to fall for the trap of a net?" In Seong asked. He peered to the side, down at the two monsters that were trying to reach for him. Inseong stood up from the stairs, placing his hands on either side of the railings. The cigarette hung from his lips. "These monsters aren't like the ones in books, Eun Hyuk. You can't think for a minute that having a net like that is going to capture one. I saw a woman become a monster and she was fucking fast – a net wasn't going to hold her." In Seong explained.

Eun Hyuk sighed heavily. "This isn't to capture a monster, Inseong. This is to bring everyone together."

In Seong scoffed. "Everyone?" In Seong asked. "Like how you are using Hyun Soo for supply runs?" In Seong asked, looking Eun Hyuk and down. "You act like Hyun Soo is going to turn around and kill us all." In Seong tossed the cigarette over the edge, smacking one of the monsters in the head. In Seong walked down the stairs, facing Eun Hyuk. "Hyun Soo is still human, treat him like one." In Seong pushed past Eun Hyuk.

Eun Hyuk kept his back to In Seong. "You are just saying that because you like him."

In Seong stopped. "Yeah? So?" In Seong didn't care what anyone thought of him these days. The residents have been nice to him currently.

"Your feelings are getting in the way-"

"Yah, Tin Man, grow a heart." In Seong took a deep breath. "My feelings towards Hyun Soo don't mean shit when you are keeping him locked up every day." In Seong said. "So what? I like Hyun Soo, I think he's hot, and I think those black eyes are hotter. I'm fucked in the mind, but that doesn't mean I don't think he should be locked up like the monster that is Seok Hyeon." In Seong stated as he turned side to look at Eun Hyuk. "Hyun Soo isn't like the other monsters, if you haven't noticed. He hasn't changed physically. Maybe you should think your plans a little further into the future." In Seong said.

In Seong stuffed his hands into the pockets of his hoodie, walking off without allowing Eun Hyuk to say anything else.

As In Seong walked, he heard someone calling out his name. He turned around, seeing Yu Seong running up to him with a notebook in his hand. A smile appeared on Inseong's face as he picked up the little boy. "What do you have there, Yu Seong?"

"I'm learning how to read and write, hyung!"

"Really?" In Seong took the notebook from him, flipping it open. "Wow, look at that! Jin Ok-ssi is teaching you well." In Seong could see Gil Seob approaching. "Are you having fun with grandpa?" In Seong smirked in Gil Seob's direction.

Yeong Su looked back at Gil Seob before leaning in In Seong's ear to whisper to him. "He told me we're going to buddies." In Seong pressed his lips together to keep himself from laughing. "I don't know if I trust him." In Seong lost it.

Gil Seob stood there, watching Inseong laugh hysterically at Yeong Su's whisper. "What's so funny, son?"

"N-nothing!" In Seong waved off Gil Seob. "Nothing at all." In Seong knew that kids had no filter but damn, he wasn't expecting that. In Seong continued to laugh as he walked with Yeong Su in his arms. Gil Seob was next to him, chatting about who he was.

"Hyung?"

"Yeah?"

"Where's Hyun Soo-hyung?" In Seong's face fell. "Is he in trouble?" Yeong Su didn't understand why Hyun Soo was locked away from everyone else. Inseong glanced at Gil Seob, not knowing how to explain to Yeong Su that Hyun Soo was "dangerous." The siblings knew that Hyun Soo was a monster, they saw his black eyes, the same why they saw the woman's black eyes. But unlike her, Hyun Soo hadn't turned into a monster yet.

In Seong cleared his throat. "Hyun Soo is being..." Gil Seob mouthed 'secret agent' to him, as if they were playing a game. In Seong cracked a small smile. "A secret agent. Yeah, yeah, a secret agent." In Seong said.

"Really?" Yeong Su sounded skeptical, looking back at Gil Seob. He smiled at Yeong Su. "Why?"

"You'll have to ask Eun Hyuk-hyung." In Seong said. Maybe if there was enough pressure on Eun Hyuk, he might release Hyun Soo from his isolation.

Yeong Su seems satisfied with that answer. "Can we play dinosaurs, hyung?"

"Yeah, come on."

In Seong was waiting for Hyun Soo to arrive back from his supply run. Today's run was batteries, alongside a couple of personal items of the residents. In Seong sat by the shutters. When Hyun Soo finally entered the room, In Seong turned his head. "One day you'll have to tell Eun Hyuk no." In Seong said.

Hyun Soo looked down at his feet. "Then I'd be stuck in here all day." Those were the first words Hyun Soo said to In Seong since he started sitting there, telling Hyun Soo stories and all about his life. "Even if it gets repetitive, at least I'm getting out of here." Hyun Soo said as he sat down on the large crate.

In Seong shrugged. "I guess. But you are his pack mule, Hyun Soo." Hyun Soo wrapped his arms around his legs. "And now the others are making you get things for them. They only see you as a mode of delivery." In Seong said.

"I didn't mind getting Ji Eun's diary today."

"Ji Eun at least asked nicely, she didn't just open the door and then tell you what you are looking for." In Seong pointed out as he tapped his fingers against the shutters. "Yeong Su asked about you today." In Seong looked over to Hyun Soo, seeing his stiffen up. "I wanted to know where you were. And he wanted you play dinosaurs with us." In Seong added.

Hyun Soo lowered his head.

"I told him you're a secret agent." Hyun Soo cracked a small smile. "I keep telling Eun Hyuk to let you out of here, Hyun Soo, but he won't listen." In Seong said.

Hyun Soo lifted his head up. "Don't I scare you?"

In Seong shook his head. "I already told you; you don't scare me. Your monster hasn't emerged for a reason, and whatever that reason is, you are still Hyun Soo. Although I do see the mix of both." In Seong said, resting his elbow on the shutter. "I see some of that innocence leaving your eyes."

Hyun Soo wasn't sure what Inseong was talking about.

"Don't lose too much of it, I think it's cute." In Seong said, resting his head against the edge of the wall. He closed his eyes, taking a deep breath. "Eun Hyuk has told me my judgement has been clouded." In Seong said.

"Why?" Hyun Soo questioned.

In Seong pressed his lips together. Now wasn't the time to tell Hyun Soo that In Seong liked him. In Seong could hear his group members now, saying he had shit taste in men. Falling for somebody like Hyun Soo, In Seong wasn't surprised, to be honest. "Where's your roommate?" In Seong asked, changing the subject.

Hyun Soo looked around for Seok Hyeon. He shrugged. "No idea. I'm surprised he hasn't tried to shut you up yet." Hyun Soo said, leaning back against the pillar the crate was up against. Inseong snickered, shaking his head. "You should go to the daycare center.

"No, I'm staying right here."

"In Seong-"

"You shouldn't be alone." In Seong had no plans on leaving Hyun Soo alone. Despite Eun Hyuk's rules, In Seong was going to do what he wanted. And he wanted to stay next to Hyun Soo. "Now that you're talking to me. Your turn. Tell me a story."

"I'm not interesting."

"Maybe not, but you heard a lot about me, so it's your turn." In Seong said. In Seong looked over at Hyun Soo. "You can tell me a fantasy if you want. Just tell me a story."

Hyun Soo decided to humor In Seong, but what he didn't realize was that In Seong was actually tired. The story did stop abruptly when Hyun Soo noticed that In Seong was fast asleep. His head was resting against the shutters, one leg bent with an arm rest on top of it. Hyun Soo moved from the crate to look at In Seong.

In Seong looked a little paler than before, dark circles under his eyes. In Seong was having a hard time sleeping with everything going on. Hyun Soo sat on the other side of the shutters, looking over Inseong carefully, just taking him in. Hyun Soo shifted around until he was sitting in a similar position as Inseong.

Yu Ri was finishing up the temperature readings, missing just one person. "Eun Hyuk, where's In Seong? He hasn't come to get his temperature taken." Eun Hyuk sighed, knowing exactly where Inseong was.

Eun Hyuk walked out of the control room, going to tell Inseong off for missing daily temperature reading. He stopped himself upon seeing that In Seong was already fast asleep outside of the isolation room. But what changed was Hyun Soo was sitting there too, almost mirroring In Seong.

It looked like In Seong fell asleep first by the way Hyun Soo snuck over. Every time Eun Hyuk had seen Hyun Soo, he was always on top of that crate. It looked like In Seong wasn't the only one with a clouded judgement.  

------------------------------------------

Well... My Demon ep13 and 14... how the fuck are they going to wrap this up in TWO episodes? This should be interesting. 

Also, today is my oldest nephew's birthday. It is hard to believe he's 22 today. 

How cold is it where you are? I am so cold. XD I hate New York winters. I live towards Upstate. While I can handle 30+ degree days, but anything under 30, I am fucking freezing. That's in the negatives for you guys who use Celsius. But the thing is, it's not the under 30 degrees, it's the real feel because it's been in the single digits.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

49.1K 2.7K 80
〖 𝐂𝐡𝐚 𝐇𝐲𝐮𝐧-𝐒𝐮 & 𝐎𝐂 〗 ♡ ꜱʟᴏᴡ ʙᴜʀɴ ♡ 𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙳: 𝟷𝟹.𝟷𝟸.𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟹 ...
56.8K 2.1K 16
Word Count: 44.3k+ Min Seok had a bittersweet past that he intended to move away from, to finally live his own life. Though he was in his last year o...
102K 3.8K 31
They met the same way everyone else does. By both chance and choice. They chose to be on the roof of Green Home that day, for different reasons. They...
129K 5.8K 40
"She wasn't ready to have seven chaotic boys enter her life and turn it upside down and neither were they." *** 26-year-old Bo-Ra, broken down inside...