They Rely On Hope. What Do I...

By belicorn123

Tommy stopped caring a long time ago. He stopped hoping for somehting better, because there was nothing bette... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Ages
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50 (and Timetable)
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69 👀
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Chapter 123
Chapter 124
Chapter 125
Chapter 126
Chapter 127
Chapter 128
Chapter 129
Chapter 130
Chapter 131
Chapter 132
Chapter 133
Chapter 134
Chapter 135
Chapter 136
Chapter 137
Chapter 138
Chapter 139
Chapter 140
Chapter 141
Chapter 142
Chapter 143
Chapter 144
Chapter 145
Chapter 146
Chapter 147
Chapter 148
Chapter 149
Chapter 150
Chapter 151
Chapter 152
Chapter 153
Chapter 154
Chapter 155
Chapter 156
Chapter 157
Chapter 159
Chapter 160
Chapter 161
Chapter 162
Chapter 163
Chapter 164
Chapter 165
Chapter 166
Chapter 167
Chapter 168
Chapter 169
Chapter 170
Chapter 171
Chapter 172
Chapter 173
Chapter 174
Chapter 175
Chapter 176
Chapter 177
Chapter 178
Chapter 179

Chapter 158

311 22 15
By belicorn123

Foolish POV:

Foolish ran, screaming towards the stretcher, his sister's name filling his mind. Again and again he yelled to her, desperate for some form of response.

He skidded to a stop, barely avoiding knocking into the stretcher.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER!?" He screamed, reaching towards her face, wanting to get the paint off of it.

"Stand back, stand back please!" The paramedic snapped, pulling Foolish away.

"That's my sister! Please that's my sister!"

Foolish couldn't help but notice screams thatt matched his well. Wilbur's screams to be closer to his brother, but for all Foolish could do, leaving Finley was not something he would ever do again.

"They are giving her adrenaline and CPR, she'll be ok, but you need to stand back, let them do their work," The paramedic explained and Foolish sagged, no longer fighting. He crumpled to the floor, tears streaming down his face, mumbling his sister's name. She had to be ok. She had to be ok. She was just a kid! Just a tiny little kid! Who would do this to her!? How had he not known!?

"Foolish?" A timid voice asked, causing Foolish's haze to snap up and meet a kid- Tommy's age- blood smeared on his face and covering his knuckles. This kid better not have hurt Finley.

"You're Foolish?" The boy asked, seeming desperate for Foolish to agree. He nodded, confused as to what the boy wanted. "We're safe... you came... she was right..."

The boy seemed to crumple at the wait of his own insanely complicated words. Foolish had no idea what the boy meant, but he just turned his attention back to his sister. His fragile little sister with her limp body and neck burned in a horrible way. What had they done to her?

Suddenly she let out a gasp, and the paramedic stepped back for a second. Foolish didn't hesitate, taking advantage of his chance he surged forward. He gripped Finley's hand in his, positioning himself so she would be able to see him.

"Finley I'm here, I'm here Fin, I'm here, you're ok, you're going to be ok, I'm so sorry. I'm so so sorry," Foolish rambled, desperate to explain himself, to apologise, and to comfort her all at once. Finley just smiled softly up at him.

"I knew you would come," She mumbled, her voice raspy and quiet, but her eyes showing her complete faith in him.

"We have to get her to hospital, please step back," A paramedic instructed, and this time, reassured that his sister knew he was here, Foolish stepped back, letting them take her away and towards safety.

He turned to the blood covered boy, hoping he could explain what was going on, what had happened to Finley.

"They electrocuted her..." The boy mumbled, as though hearing Foolish's silent plea, "I tried to keep her safe, taught her how to defend herself, made sure she did everything they asked, they've never put a collar on her before, why did they put a collar on her?"

Foolish moved to hold the shaking boy, instincts kicking in. He was just a kid. Just a small kid covered in blood and sobbing. So, Foolish ignored the blood that would cost him and he just pulled the kid into a hug.

"It's going to be ok, what's your name?"

"I'm Freddie..." The boy mumbled softly, "Finley said you were coming... I didn't believe her... I'm sorry..."

"Hey, hey it's ok, you are not to blame, I.. I didn't know she was here... they told me she was safe and happy..."

"Not without you. She missed you like hell. Please, be there when she wakes up properly."

"We're you her friend?" Foolish asked and the kid- after a few moments hesitation- nodded. Foolish squeezed the boy's hand, "Then you should be there too, let's get you cleaned up, ok?"

There were so many kids scattered around, some still clearly nervous or upset or afraid, others confused, others unconscious, others injured, but there was only so much Foolish could do, and for now, helping this kid out would have to be enough.

.
.
.

Foolish couldn't keep track of what happened over the next few hours, everything went too fast to focus on anything. He had helped the kid get the blood of his face and hands, revealing the minimal actual injuries, just hands that needed to be bandaged up. The kid said something about a rebellion, fighting back, and that the blood was mostly that of the one who had hurt Finley.

Foolish didn't know how to feel about that, didn't even know what he was feeling. It felt wrong to hurt someone no matter what, not even as revenge... but he had seen Finley's lifeless body, and known he had been close to saying goodbye. Would he hold back against the person who did that? No, probably not.

The police, firemen- which Eret directed towards Conner- and paramedics swarmed around, each with different roles to play.

The police came and went, bringing out cuffed adults, some with masks resting above the top of their heads, and others who wore no mask currently but clearly was one of them.

The paramedics seem to bring out an endless supply of stretchers, going in empty and finding kids to fill them and bringing it out.

Sometimes they were with the police, the monsters who ran this place cuffed to the stretcher, still permitted medical care, but not allowed to leave.

Finally Conner's body- while rolled out on a stretcher- came out of the building. It wasn't great, but the fact that his head wasn't covered meant that the kid was still alive and that was... well it was a lot.

He was followed by another stretcher, this one holding a girl, also Tommy's age, who Foolish could swear looked somewhat like the boy, but no, that made no sense. He let his mind wander from that thought, noting the way Quackity managed to stand back until Conner was in the ambulance, and the fact that he joined Conner in the back. Foolish smiled softly at the thought, and wished he had done the same with Finley. It had felt too much here, too hard to just leave it all and hope everything would be ok. Now there were more professionals, and Foolish just wanted to be by his sister.

Eventually Foolish got that wish, ignoring a police officer who would not stop berating the group of them for putting themselves at risk. Foolish didn't really care. He was too busy trying to work out what he would do next. He couldn't lose Finley again. Couldn't bare to let anyone else foster her, but technically he wasn't 18 just yet. So, what was he supposed to do?

That question remained unanswered when Finley woke up, but the warmth of her hug and the way she refused to let him go just proved his point. He was never leaving her side again.

—————————

Wilbur POV:

Wilbur clung to his brother's side, not caring that he had to wait around in a hospital to do so. He adamantly refused to leave Techno's room except to go to Tommy's, or on the rarer occasion Finley's. He had been ecstatic for Foolish as soon as he had heard Finley was healing well, but it wasn't enough to break him from his anxiety induced thoughts.

If the burns on Techno's neck were awful (which they were), the burns on his hand were far worse. He had heard from Freddie- the boy who seemed attached to Foolish now- that Techno had saved Finley and taken the electric shock instead, as he had broken the collar.

The thought of shock collars on animals had always driven Wilbur crazy, but on children? That was a next level monstrous thing.

The nurse in Techno's room was nice. He regularly talked to Wilbur, finding common ground in their appreciation for music. She seemed to find time to make sure Wilbur too was ok every time he checked Techno's vitals. He had told Wilbur what to look out for- although considering the trained nurse was keeping a constant eye on Techno, Wilbur supposed that was more to try and make him feel useful. It helped.

The knowledge of what to look for of course had to result in Wilbur needing to use his newfound knowledge, when the monitor flatlined, leaving Wilbur screaming for a nurse, before being pulled out of the room to give them more space. He wanted to be in there with Techno as they did whatever it was they would do, but he wanted Techno to be ok more.

So, when the nurse told Wilbur that Techno was awake, alive, and doing well, Wilbur's body practically screeched in relief. Safe. Safe. Safe. Techno was safe and ok and alive and his heart was beating! Wilbur had never felt so completely consumed by the simple fact of someone's beating heart. Technos heart was beating. Techno was alive. Techno was ok. He was alive and Okish

Words: 1500

A/N: I managed it WOOOOOO

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 118 23
Greek gods and goddesses are detailed in the mythology and legends and ancient greece and the stories of the beginnings can be found in the greek cre...
500K 7.6K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
138K 6.8K 28
Ranboo has always had a bad life he grew up in the foster care system but all that changed when he ran away at age 11. He ran for a long time until h...
161K 3.2K 106
Highest Ranking(s): #5 Pinterest out of 1.39k stories •Jaydick •Jaytim •Batfamily •Damijon •Damitim •Demonfire •Batboy X OCs •Marvel Crossovers If th...