Rewind (BNHA x male reader)

By ghostdonuts

Immortality, an ability that seems like a dream come true. You never have to fear death, that's why the world... More

Chapter 1: Detective L/N
Chapter 2: New Teacher
Chapter 3: Aren't I Retired?
Chapter 4: Worst Part about being Immortal
Chapter 5: Was I Supposed To?
Chapter 6: Admiration
Chapter 7: Conference
Chapter 8: They're Alright
Chapter 9: Fight my Children
Chapter 10: In my Life
Chapter 11: It all Began
Chapter 12: Embrace Death
Chapter 13: Mall Shenanigans
Chapter 14: The Arival
Chapter 15: Training with Senpai
Chapter 16: The Attack
Chapter 17: What we Can and Can't Do
Chapter 18: A Way to End it All
Chapter 19: Their Bright Futures
Chapter 20: New Responsibilities
Chapter 21: Guidance
Chapter 22: New Obstacles
Chapter 23: Expected Better
Chapter 24: Talk with the Enemy
Chapter 25: If Wasn't Your Fault
Chapter 26: Strength
Chapter 27: Newspaper
Chapter 28: Work Study
Chapter 29: Decisions Made, Mistakes Made
Chapter 30: Seikatsu Files
Chapter 31: The Return
Chapter 32: A Promise
Chapter 33: Amethysts
Chapter 34: Time I Spend with You
Chapter 35: Heavens Clearing
Chapter 36: Growth
Chapter 37: It's me Again
Chapter 38: My Enemy
Chapter 39: Be Ready
Chapter 40: Helping Hand
Chapter 41: Nothing to Fear
Chapter 42: Pleads of Desperation
Chapter 43: Torn to Shreds
Chapter 44: Center of it All
Chapter 45: Complications
Chapter 46: Chase your Dreams
Chapter 47: Familiar
Chapter 48: My Jupiter
Chapter 49: Fight with Everything
Chapter 50: Who is He?
Chapter 51: Where We Stand
Chapter 52: I Remember Now
Chapter 54: I'm Home
New Book

Chapter 53: Veteran

2.4K 80 16
By ghostdonuts

A/N: Someone pointed out my last two chapters suddenly disappeared, I'm reposting them now so this isn't anything new.

A/N: Sorry for the wait, I had to think about how I wanted to write the chapter, since this is the most important battle in the book!

We finally made it to the final battle, I'll try my best for the fight scene

Also, I never wrote the F word in a book before and I did in this chapter, I feel so bad 😂

~🦋~

I've been at the end of a fight countless times, one fight harder than another. This time, I'm up against someone who has just as much battle experience as I do.

Seikatsu fought in the same war I did, and he studied my quirk closely. I only know four of his quirks. Life absorption, life field, the second field to cause cardiac arrest, and the ability to turn metal into liquid.

I've heard of Seikatsu for a few months, while he's been preparing for this moment ever since I was 25, the day I discovered my rewind ability.

I'm in a bad position, the fight isn't in my favor, but when has that ever stopped me from going through with a fight? This was no different, I have to save everyone no matter what.

Do what Jupiter would want me to do, she's cheering me on with Shiyuna. Dad, mom, Lily, they're cheering for me too.

"Let's see if you can protect them until the very end" Seikatsu says, cracking his knuckles.

I narrowed my eyes and we both began running at each other. Seikatsu formed a spear made of the metal out of thin air. With just a snap of his fingers, the spear was launched at me. I slid to the floor like a baseball player would when stealing a base.

As I slid on the ground, my arm formed into a sniper rifle, and I shot a bullet at him.

A metal slab formed in front of him in an instant. I got up from my slide and threw one of the smoke grenades that was attached to my belt.

The smoke spread all around the field, making it hard for both of us to see. I grabbed hold of my custom made earpiece, the small screen appearing in front of my eye to show me the outline of Seikatsu's body.

I threw a knife at him through the smoke, which he sidestepped.

"The hell?" I mumbled, skidding to a stop when a spear came flying from the side. I flipped over it and landed on a knee, trying to process what had happened.

"Another one of my little gifts, being able to see the heat signatures of anyone no matter what blocks the way" Metias laughed. He snapped his fingers again, and metal spears were flying in every direction.

He was able to make this stupid metal appear wherever he wanted and control it at will. Has he really been preparing for this ever since the war?

I was avoiding the spears left and right, sliding and flipping over them as they zoomed by.

One of the spears stabbed into my leg, making my movements faulter. Another one was going for my heart and I hurriedly brought my right arm up, the metal stabbing into it and almost stabbing into my chest.

"You look hilarious, dodging around" Seikatsu laughed, conjuring more of the metal.

I hastily took the metal out of where they stabbed me and rolled away from more attacks.

I tried teleporting to each spear but I was unable to. This metal was something I was unable to work with at all.

As I slid under another approaching attack, my arm formed into kusarigama. I swung the weapon at Seikatsu, one of the spears stabbing into my shoulder during my attack.

I saw his eyes widen before the weapon slashed him across the face. His blood leaked to the floor and he shakily touched his face with his hand.

I stood up, finally able to take a breath. I didn't give him any time to recover before I was moving again. He looked up, his left eye was gone. My weapon had taken it out when it slashed him.

I lifted both my hands, my fingers becoming the barrels of machine guns. The bullets started shooting, Seikatsu barely had time to form a metal slab to protect him.

I heard his fingers snap and metal came from both sides. I did a side aerial. My left hand didn't get out of the way in time, and I felt two of my fingers disconnect from the bone, making them fall to the ground.

As soon as I landed, I grabbed both of my newly lost fingers, making them form into grenades.

I threw them to Seikatsu's left side, the side he was blinded on. The grenades went off and I kept running to him.

Seikatsu's left side of his face was destroyed. I could see part of his skull, his flesh slowly peeling off.

"What the hell, heroes aren't supposed to kill!" Seikatsu's yelled, his right eye showed the agony he was in.

"I'm not a hero, I'm a fucking veteran!" I yelled back, slamming my knee into his stomach. My knee formed into a shotgun, the bullet blasting a hole into his mid section.

He spat out blood and fell to the ground. I saw more spears come from above and I jumped back, a huge cloud of dirt surrounding us.

When it cleared I saw Metias standing there, his face still deformed from my attacks. Glowing red veins appeared all over his body, and he slowly reconstructed. His face slowly morphed back together, same with the hole in his stomach.

I looked closely, the veins were coming from his chest. His heart was replenishing his body, but it wasn't like mine. My rewind is instant, but his takes time. He must have a limit to how much damage he can take, like the Nomu does.

"You're stronger than I thought you were, I thought I'd be done with you by now. This is such bullshit, just drop dead already! Stop fighting!" Metias shouted, looking over to me as his skull healed.

I couldn't rush in, I was still catching my breath from all the dodging I was doing while trying to attack. I looked at my left hand, my pinkie and ring finger were missing. In a last ditch effor, I had made them into grenades, putting them to use since I can't rewind me body.

"I won't stop fighting, I won't waver until you're defeated" I denied, glaring at him.

"I need more power, I need more" Metias mumbled to himself before clapping his hands twice.

A shaking bundle came from the ground, it looked like Mirio when he phased through the floor.

It was a women holding onto a little girl for dear life. The women was crying but still cradled the girl in a protective hold.

"Give me power" Seikatsu said, he was going to kill those two.

Then I remembered what Kirishima had told me.

"A man couldn't find his wife and daughter in the crowd, heroes are trying to help him find them"

Metias took them as hostages just in case he needed a last minute power surge.

"Metias don't!" I yelled.

"Die for me" Metias said, launching the metal at the two. The women screamed and hugged onto her daughter, both of them closing their eyes.

And all I saw there in that moment, was Shiyuna holding onto Jupiter.

I felt myself running towards them, desperately trying to get there before the metal did. I stood in front of them, my back facing the oncoming metal as it pierced a few inches away from my heart.

"I knew saving people would be the death of you"

I heard Seikatsu say, before I felt the metal liquefy. The metal was in my bloodstream now, and it was only a matter of time before it reached my heart.

The women looked up at me, her daughter doing the same. I smiled at the two, trying to calm their nerves.

"Take her and go" I said. The women bowed low, grabbing her daughter and raced out of the area. Seikatsu was about to make them get affected by his second field, so they could go into cardiac arrest but I threw one of the discarded metals at him, taking his focus away from those two.

I could already feel the metal moving through my body like poison, it was killing me from the inside.

"Looks like you only have a few minutes left. I told you I would kill you, and get all the power in the world" Metias reminded, a smile on his face.

I looked down, my hair covered my eyes until I looked up at him. His eyes widened when he looked at my unaffected expression.

"All that means is that I have to kill you before time runs out" I said.

I sprinted at Seikatsu, there were spears of metal in every direction.

I let most of them hit me, letting them hit my right arm, another stabbed into my left leg but I never once stopped running.

Seikatsu took a step back. One of the metal spears took my left arm off from the elbow down. I grabbed the limb, making it turn into a crossbow. The arrow launched at Seikatsu, stabbing into his right eye.

I knew his left side would most likely still be blurry because of recently healing.

I made it to him and my right arm became a sword and I stabbed Saikatsu in the chest, right where his heart was.

He yelled and slashed my right leg off, the limb falling to the floor.

I willed the leg to become another grenade, making it explode from user us.

Don't you dare give up now, as I'm running out of fight, is what I keep repeating in my mind. I felt my heart beat getting weaker and unsteady without me telling it to do so. The poison was moving too fast, this was my last shot.

My right arm changed from a sword to a smaller version of the nuclear bomb that was dropped on our town. The bomb that killed Shiyuna and gave Jupiter cancer.

"Stand down, Metias" I whispered. Metias looked at me in horror before tears streamed down his face.

The bomb went off from his chest. Exploding him from the inside, finally killing him.

The smoke covered the entire clearing, everyone who couldn't come into the second field tried to figure out what happened.

The smoke cleared, and I was pinned to the floor by a spears. A last minute effort made by Seikatsu, three of the spears had stabbed into my stomach and into the floor.

The life fields disappeared and all the heroes and students ran to where I was laying.

I stared up at the now cleared sky. I didn't think I would die here, today. I still had to say sorry to Kota and Eri for not going back to them, and tell them it was finally safe for them to come live with me again.

I won't get to say sorry for leaving so suddenly.

"Mr. Y/N!"

I directed my eyes towards the voices. My students, both old and new were running towards me and crashing down at my side.

"Hold on, we're going to get the medics here soon!" Midoriya yelled, clutching my hero uniform as tightly as he could.

"The poison" Nejire said, noticing the black veins surrounding the place my heart is.

"It's okay" I said, looking at them.

"Don't say things like that, you're going to be fine!" Hawks shouted, getting ready to use his feathers to move me off the field.

"No, this is okay" I whispered. They looked heartbroken, but they did as I asked and stopped trying to move me.

"Shota, tell those two that I'm so sorry. And thank you, for being there when I needed you. You take care of them, please watch over them for me" I said, referring to Eri and Kota.

Aizawa looked down, tears falling to the dirt ground.

"You have my word" he promised. I smiled weakly at him and looked at the pained expressions of my students. I felt blood leaving the corner of my mouth and I felt my heart getting weaker. It was trying its best to keep beating.

You better not give up now, keep beating for a little while longer.

I couldn't move, I was missing a leg and the metal kept my pinned to the ground.

"Dammit, we can't pull the metal out" Bakugou said, he ran a hand through his hair, unsure of what to do.

"D-Don't worry sir! I can go run and f-find Eri!" Mirio said, grasping my remaining arm.

"No...no it's okay like this. I don't, I don't want her to see me like this" I said, stuttering a few times just to catch my breath.

Enji rushed to my other side, looking around like he was trying to find the solution to the problem.

"It's okay, Enji" I reassured. He shook his head, in complete denial over the reality of the situation.

"I'm so sorry, I was such a bad student to you. I disappointed you so many times, I ruined my own family after you told me to always cherish them" Enji cried.

"I never resented you. You never disappointed me. I was sad, because I thought you lost yourself, and I blamed myself for it. Then, you realized your mistakes and you're trying so hard to fix them. You found yourself, and I'm so proud of you" I said. He cried more at my response, bowing his head.

"Don't give up, please don't!" Kirishima pleaded, moving closer.

"The medics can still make it, just hang on!" Bakugou added, beginning to cry, because even he knew how pointless it was.

"You troublesome kids. You don't need me anymore" I huffed out a laugh.

"You're wrong" Midoriya denied immediately.

"You can't leave us yet. You still have so much to teach us" Todoroki said, shoulders shaking as he trembled.

"Please don't leave us" Tamaki cried, no longer self-conscious over the fact that he was crying in front of others.

"I see you kids, every single one of you, and all I can see is how well taken care of the world will be in the future. Seeing the world in such good hands, puts me as ease" I said, moving my head to the side as I spat out more blood.

The others stayed silent, listening to what I had to say.

"It's so easy to do the wrong thing in this world. But I trust every single one of you, to overcome those temptations. I am, so glad I got to meet all of you, you'll all become some of the greatest heroes ever known.

When I lost my daughter, I didn't think anyone could fill that void. But you kids, barged right into my life with no care in the world. And I saw each and every one of you, as if you were my own kids. You all made me feel more alive than I had in years"

I was so glad, that I didn't have to outlive any of them. I finally didn't have to see someone die in front of me and be forced to continue on like nothing happened. Everyone important to me, ended up leaving me at some point.

"How can you be so confident in us, when we rely on you every day? You guide us, teach us, we learn so much from you. How can you possibly expect us to be okay after this?!" Bakugou yelled, slamming his fist on the ground.

"Because I believe in you, I truly do" I answered. They all put their heads down after that, silently saying goodbye and praying.

One by one, all of them said thank you to me. Thanking me for the lessons I taught them. Thanking me for fighting to protect them. Thanking me for my service, which was something I hadn't heard in a long time.

I looked up again, seeing that beautiful blue butterfly flying right above us, as if urging me to move towards it.

I'm ready now.

You did so good heart, you can rest now.

My eyes shut, and my heart finally stopped beating for the last time.

I finally, was free to leave.

~🦋~

A/N: Next chapter will be the final.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.4K 503 57
(n.) a moment when you suddenly feel that you understand. or suddenly become conscious of something that is very important to you Warning- Will conta...
14.7K 527 11
"Death is mortal, but Love is immortal." One does not simply be tasked with a difficult job. I am the symbol of fear, sadness and death. But that doe...
395K 17K 65
Ever since your Quirk first manifested, you've been the apple of everyone's eye. With the goal of becoming a hero, you enroll to U.A. and soon find y...
3K 58 9
(y/n) Was far from ordinary he had two extremely unique but dangerous quirks if used for evil. So when he ocme to UA before the exam and explains who...