Quake

By Lonely_Lil_Simp

When the Marauders were in school they made a friend who one day disappeared, only to be pronounced dead soon... More

Disclaimer
Prologue
Act I: The Avengers
The Avengers 1
The Avengers 2
The Avengers 3
The Avengers 4
The Avengers 5
The Avengers 6
The Avengers 7
The Avengers 8
The Avengers 9
Act ll: CA:TWS
New Arrivals
CA:TWS 1
CA:TWS 2
CA:TWS 3
CA:TWS 4
CA:TWS 5
CA:TWS 6
CA:TWS 7
CA:TWS 8
Act lll: Avengers: Age of Ultron
New Arrivals Part 2
Avengers: AoU 1
Avengers: AoU 2
Avengers: AoU 3
Avengers: AoU 4
Avengers: AoU 5
Avengers: AoU 6
Avengers: AoU 7
Avengers: AoU 8
Avengers: AoU 9
Break
Act IV: Captain America: Civil War
New Arrivals Part 3
CA:CW 1
CA:CW 2
A/N...
CA:CW 3
CA:CW 4
CA:CW 5
CA:CW 6
CA:CW 8
CA:CW 9
CA:CW 10
CA:CW 11
CA:CW 12
CA:CW 13
Act V: Agents of Shield S3E19-20
AoS: S3E19: Failed Experiments
AoS: S3E20: Emancipation
Act VI: Black Widow
New Arrivals Part 4
Black Widow 1
Black Widow 2

CA:CW 7

815 47 37
By Lonely_Lil_Simp

[Avengers HQ. Vision follows a recipe.]

Vision: 'A pinch of paprika.' A pinch. [He adds a pinch. Wanda strolls in.]

Wanda Maximoff: Is that paprikash?

Vision: I thought it might . . . lift your spirits.

Many of the girls in the hall awe and coo at him. That's so cute what he's doing for her.

Wanda Maximoff: [She chuckles, stirs the ingredients in the pan with a spoon. She lifts the spoon to her lips, blows and has a taste. She smiles.] Spirits lifted.

Vision: In my defense, I haven't actually ever . . . eaten anything before, so . . .

Wanda Maximoff: May I?

Vision: Please. Wanda?

Wanda Maximoff: Hmm.

Vision: No one dislikes you, Wanda. [She frowns curiously.]

Wanda Maximoff: Thanks.

Vision: Oh, you're welcome. No, it's a . . . involuntary response in their amygdala. They can't help but be afraid of you.

Wanda Maximoff: Are you?

Vision: My amygdala is synthetic, so . . . [Wanda laughs.]

"This is so cute and wholesome!" Ginny says. Wanda blushes a bit but Vision only reacts with a small smile.

Wanda Maximoff: I used to think of myself one way. But after this . . . [her fingers glow.] I am something else. I'm still me, I think, but . . . that's not what everyone else sees.

Vision: [He touches the mind stone in his forehead.] Do you know, I don't know what this is? [It glows.] Not really. I know it's not of this world, that it powered Loki's staff, gave you your abilities, but . . . its true nature is a mystery. And yet, it is part of me.

Wanda Maximoff: Are you afraid of it?

Vision: I wish to understand it. The more I do, the less it controls me. One day . . . who knows? I may even control it.

"Awee. Their bonding over their powers and confusion." Sirius coos.

Wanda Maximoff: [Wanda looks at the food.] I don't know what's in this but it is not paprika. I'm gonna go to the store. I'll be back in 20 minutes.

Vision: Alternatively, we could order a pizza?

Wanda Maximoff: Vision, are you not letting me leave?

Vision: [He blocks her way.] It is a question of safety.

Wanda Maximoff: I can protect myself.

Vision: [He holds her arm.] Not yours. Mr. Stark would like to avoid the possibility of another public incident. Until the Accords are on a . . . more secured foundation.

Wanda Maximoff: And what do you want?

Vision: For people to see you . . . as I do. [She looks at him gravely.]

"Seriously Tony? You'd go as far as to lock Wanda up?" Ana asks. Before the billionaire can defend him Peter steps in.

"If that's Mr. Stark's version of being locked up, then please, lock me up. Send me away. That place is great!" he tells her enthusiastically.

Tony claps him on the back proudly, making the kid blush. Ana gives Peter a look, as if contemplating something, then, a small smile makes its way onto her face.

"I like you." she states simply, causing Peter to grow even redder.

[Berlin, day. Traffic rolls around the victory column. Police convoy drives beside the river Spree. Amidst the convoy is a gray armed truck. Inside Bucky wears restraints inside a prison pod. Three armed guards sit on the other side of the glass-walled pod. A police motorbike stops traffic and a van driver looks affronted. The convoy turns a corner onto a bridge across the river. In an SUV T'Challa sits in front of Steve who sits in front of Sam.]

Sam Wilson: So, you like cats?

Shuri bursts out in laughter.

Steve Rogers: Sam.

Sam Wilson: What? Dude shows up dressed like a cat and you don't wanna know more?

"Mans got a point." Ginny agrees. Sam gestures to her in a wild 'see what I mean?" motion.

Steve Rogers: Your suit . . . t's Vibranium?

T'Challa: [T'Challes eyes narrow as he glances sideways.] The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father, I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you . . . as both warrior and king . . . how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?

"Your country is very culturally rich. It's amazing." Remus says to the two Wakandans. They both nod at him in recognition.

[Steve is stony faced as the convoy heads underground.]

[In a light gray walled bunker Bucky's pod is carried away by a forklift. Nearby Steve gets out of the SUV and glances across at Bucky who doesn't spot him. With Sam and T'Challa Steve approaches Sharon who's standing with a diminutive, gray-head man.]

Steve Rogers: What's gonna happen to him?

Everett Ross: Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition.

Sharon Carter: This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander.

Steve Rogers: What about our lawyer?

Everett Ross: Lawyer. That's funny. See their weapons are placed in lockup. Oh, we'll write you a receipt.

Sam Wilson: I better not look out the window and see anybody flying around in that. [As they go Steve looks back and catches Bucky's eye.]

Bucky looks down remembering all the bad he did. Ana sighs and snuggles closer to him, trying to comfort the soldier.

[On a covered sky walk.]

Everett Ross: You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell. Now, do me a favor, stay in it?

T'Challa: I don't intend on going anywhere.

Natasha Romanoff: For the record, this is what making things worse looks like.

Steve Rogers: He's alive.

Tony Stark: [on his phone] No. Romania was not Accords-sanctioned. And, Colonel Rhodes is supervising cleanup.

Natasha Romanoff: Try not to break anything while we fix this.

Tony Stark: [still on the phone.] Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that 'cause I just said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir.

Sirius laughs. "Oh that's great! I love you man! You're my favorite!"

Tony waves the man off, not warming up to him quite yet.

Steve Rogers: 'Consequences'?

Tony Stark: Secretary Ross wants you both prosecuted. Had to give him something.

Steve Rogers: I'm not getting that shield back, am I?

Natasha Romanoff: Technically, it's the government's property. Wings, too.

Sam Wilson: That's cold.

"Almost as cold as Steve must've been when he was in the ice for 70 years." Peter mutters quietly. The avengers all heard him though.

They all laugh except for Steve, who just broods. Ana and Tony are definitely the loudest laughers though. Peter blushes bright at the attention.

Ana gets up out of her seat and starts towards Peter. Pulling him up from his seat, she drags him back over to where she was previously sitting, and plops him down on the now vacated seat next to her.

With her arm around his shoulders, she smiles warmly. "You are now my new best friend. I'm adopting you."

Bucky looks hesitant, but smiles and nods anyways, going along with his wife. Tony is obviously about to protest and drag his son-figure back to his side but Strange interrupts.

"Before a huge fight breaks out about custody and all, let's just continue this movie. We have a long ways to go and I can't keep time frozen forever."

Tony is stunned and blabbering, which makes the avengers laugh more. After a moment the scene starts again.

Tony Stark: Warmer than jail.

"Actually some places and countries have very nice and luxurious jails. So that statement isn't all they say and completely true." Scott says.

Upon seeing the slight glare that is sent his way by Tony, he quickly adds on. "But like, from personal experience jail is very, very cold." he says awkwardly.

The avengers and the others in the Great Hall look at him with surprised faces and raised eyebrows.

"You've been to jail?" Steve asks skeptically.

"Oh...yeah. Four years. I was let out on parole for good behavior." he explains hesitantly.

Tony raises his eyebrow further. "What were you in for?" he asks Scott.

Scott smirks the tiniest bit. "We may never know." he says ominously, but looks down sheepishly at the amused looks he gets.

[At a power station surrounded by trees the van with the driver who was affronted by the police convoy pulls up by the open gate. Scowling he puts the parking break on and picks up a clip board.]

Delivery Truck Driver: Das kann nicht richtig sein. Was zum Teufel? (This can't be right. What the hell?)

[In a secured chamber a guard connects a pipe to Bucky's prison pod. The lights inside dim for a moment.]

"How is he still so hot?!" Ginny whispers quite loudly to Luna. Ana smirks and wink at Ginny, causing the redhead to blush.

[Tony finds Steve in a glass-walled office overlooking the control room.]

Tony Stark: Hey, you wanna see something cool? I pulled something from Dad's archives. Felt timely.
[Tony shows him two pens in a black presentation box.] FDR signed the Lend-Lease bill with these in 1941. Provided support to the Allies when they needed it most.

Steve Rogers: Some would say it brought our country closer to war.

Tony Stark: See? If not for these, you wouldn't be here. I'm trying to . . . what do you call it? That's an olive branch. Is that what you call it?

Steve Rogers: Is Pepper here? I didn't see her.

Tony Stark: We're kinda . . . well, not kinda . . .

Steve Rogers: Pregnant?

Rhodey bursts out in laughter at the assumption, causing Tony to sink low in his seat with a scowl.

Tony Stark: No. Definitely not. We're taking a break. It's nobody's fault.

Steve Rogers: I'm so sorry, Tony. I didn't know.

Tony Stark: A few years ago, I almost lost her, so I trashed all my suits. Then, we had to mop up HYDRA . . . and then Ultron. My fault. And then, and then, and then, I never stopped. Because the truth is I don't wanna stop. I don't wanna lose her. I thought maybe the Accords could split the difference. [Tony stands up and paces.] In her defense, I'm a handful. Yet, Dad was a pain in the ass, but he and Mom always made it work.

Ana looks to Tony in understanding. Yes, she hasn't been in the same situations, but she knows what it feels like to almost loose the person she loves. More than most, actually.

Steve Rogers: You know, I'm glad Howard got married. I only knew him when he was young and single.

Tony Stark: Oh, really? You two knew each other? He never mentioned that. Maybe only a thousand times. God, I hated you.

Tony rolls his eyes. "Still do." he mutters.

Steve looks down in guilt and Ana huffs.

"Oh my god! Tony! Shut up and get your head out of your ass!" the brunette snaps at him. Tony looks taken aback but shuts up.

Steve Rogers: I don't mean to make things difficult.

Tony Stark: I know, because you're a very polite person.

Steve Rogers: If I see a situation pointed south . . . I can't ignore it. Sometimes I wish I could.

Tony Stark: No, you don't.

Steve Rogers: [Steve smiles thinly.] No, I don't. Sometimes . . .

Tony Stark: Sometimes I wanna punch you in your perfect teeth. But I don't wanna see you gone. We need you, Cap. So far, nothing's happened that can't be undone, if you sign. We can make the last 24 hours legit. Barnes gets transferred to an American psych-center . . . instead of a Wakandan prison.

Shuri laughs. "Oh believe me, it would not be a Wakandan prison. What everyone thought he did? Oh no, it would be an immediate death sentence." she explains, her brother nodding in agreement. Some people have looks of fear on their faces.

Steve Rogers: [Steve frowns thoughtfully and picks up one of the fountain pens. He stands up and paces, then turns to Tony. In the control room beyond there are multiple screens on the walls.] I'm not saying it's impossible, but there would have to be safeguards.

Tony Stark: Sure. Once we put out the PR fire, those documents can be amended. I'd file a motion to have you and Wanda reinstated . . .

Steve Rogers: Wanda? What about Wanda?

Tony Stark: She's fine. She's confined to the compound, currently. Vision's keeping her company.

Steve Rogers: Oh God, Tony! Every time. Every time I think you see things the right way . . .

Tony Stark: What? It's a 100 acres with a lap pool. It's got a screening room. There's worse ways to protect people.

"That's what I'm saying!" Peter exclaims, waiving his hands in a 'see?!' motion. Ana ruffles his hair and chuckles with the rest of the people in the hall.

Steve Rogers: Protection? Is that how you see this? This is protection? It's internment, Tony.

Tony Stark: She's not a US citizen.

Steve Rogers: Oh, come on, Tony.

Tony Stark: And they don't grant visas to weapons of mass destruction.

Steve Rogers: She's a kid!

"'She's a kid', Steve. Really? I'm freaking younger than her!" Peter says, offendedly.

Ana glares at Steve, who slumps in his seat to get away.

Tony Stark: GIVE ME A BREAK! I'm doing what has to be done . . . to stave off something worse.

Steve Rogers: [Steve nods faintly.] You keep telling yourself that. [He puts the pen down.] Hate to break up the set. [He leaves the office and rueful Tony watches Bucky on one of the control room's screens.

Bucky and the rest of the avengers sigh. They know what's gonna happen next, and they're really dreading it. Ana knows what happens because obviously Bucky told her everything. T'Challa told Shuri everything too, so she already knows. Scott and Peter don't know what happens next, so they're a little excited but dreading it a little too, as it probably helps to lead up to the whole airport fight.

The people in the hall can't wait to see what exactly happens next.

¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥¥

A/N:

Hey y'all!! I tried to get this out as soon as I could, so yay!! This movie will be finished in a few chapters, and then it's on to Black Widow!

Thank you so much for reading. This means the absolute world to me that you all have read this book.

I hope you have a great day/night, and please please please make sure you eat and drink something. I really want you guys to take care of yourselves. Please vote and comment too!

Thx for reading, The Author

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 4.2K 94
"Thank you." "For what?" "Being there for me." "Like I said, I'll be by your side for eternity." โ€ขMarauders era โ€ขWhen Talea Lupin transferres to Hog...
12.4K 557 23
~~Completed~~ Margaret had arrived almost 6 months ago now to visit her friend Natasha. After being rescued from the Red Room when she was just a you...
7.4K 153 8
When the Avengers get telportes to Hogwarts to find out about their Neice/Daughter Annie Stark. Annie is the daughter of Nat and Bucky, but Tony had...
1.6K 21 12
SLOW UPDATES You are Buckys and Steve's Daughter and the rest of the Avengers are your family even Nick Furry. You go to Hogwarts School of Witchcraf...