Recall - Levi Ackerman x Fem...

By ObjectiveMacaroni27

CONTAINS AOT /// SNK SPOILERS!!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~ When Captain Leah Anderson gets a message from an old friend... More

Chapter 1 - Captain Leah Anderson (Season 1)
Chapter 2 - The Battle Of Trost
Chapter 3 - The Episode
Chapter 4 - The Past
Chapter 5 - The 57th Recon Mission
Chapter 6 - Titan Shifter
Chapter 7 - Love
Chapter 9 - Anger
Chapter 10 - The Raid On Stohess (End Of Season 1)
Chapter 11 - The Holy Man (Season 2)
Chapter 12 - Utgard Castle
Chapter 13 - The Kidnapping
Chapter 14 - The Smiling Titan (End of Season 2)
Chapter 15 - Spy (Season 3)
Chapter 16 - Wanted
Chapter 17 - Reiss Chapel
Chapter 18 - Queen Historia
Chapter 19 - Beast Titan
Chapter 20 - Victory
Chapter 21 - Titan Serum
Chapter 22 - The Basement
Chapter 23 - Medal Ceremony
Chapter 23.5 - Happy Birthday
Chapter 24 - The Sea (End of Season 3)
Chapter 25 - Pillow Talk (Season 4)
Chapter 26 - Marley
Chapter 27 - The Raid on Liberio
Chapter 28 - Insubordination
Chapter 29 - The Restaurant
Chapter 30 - Jeagerists
Chapter 31 - A New Perspective
Chapter 32 - The Jaw
Chapter 33 - So Long, Hange
Chapter 34 - I've Got You
Chapter 35 - Centipede?
Chapter 36 - The Battle Of Heaven & Earth (Finale)
Epilogue
Author Note

Chapter 8 - Trauma

419 14 0
By ObjectiveMacaroni27

"Leah!" Levi threw himself off his horse and fell to his knees beside the unconscious female. His hands took hold of her face as he lifted it up to inspect it. Her eyes were closed, lips parted slightly. He gently placed her head to rest on the ground and moved an ear to her chest.

B-dm B-dm B-dm.

Levi let out the breath he hadn't realised he'd been holding in. I'm going to keep at least one of my squad alive he thought as he hauled the girl into his arms. With a slight struggle he mounted his horse, propping the unconscious girl behind him and holding her arms in place around his midsection to prevent her from falling again. In the position she was resting against him in, Levi could feel the rapid but reassuring patter of her heart against his back.

He took in the strangely comforting feeling for a moment before, "Hyah!" Levi kicked off and his black stallion surged forward. Surprisingly quickly they caught up with the rest of the Corps. The Karanes gate was only a couple hundred yards away now. He raced to the front, soaring ahead of even the leading lines.

"Levi!" Erwin called after him, but Levi rode swiftly forward, deserting the regiment and bolting for the gate. "Something's wrong with Leah, I need to get her to safety!" Levi's voice carried back to his Commander. Erwin's brow furrowed in concern, worried for his friend, but his soldiers needed a Commander right now. This was up to Levi.

The gate to Karanes was already partially open in preparation for the Scouts return and this meant Levi was able to gallop straight into the town without a second glance at the guards who were shouting after him. He kept moving until he found quieter streets, ignoring cries from the gathered civilians as he rode at full tilt past in his Scout uniform.

"The Scouts are back!"

"Is that Captain Levi?"

"Who's that he's got with him?"

"What happened? Where's the rest of the Scouts?"

"Is she dead!?"

"Wait, here come the rest!"

Levi rode further into Karanes until the wailing of the crowd had faded out completely. He'd arrived at a small, empty market square, in the middle of which sat a moss-ridden water fountain. Levi was quick to check that the female was still breathing, which she thankfully was. He didn't know if he could handle being the only member of his squad to survive this expedition.

He moved them both off the horse's back and onto the cobbled ground next to the old fountain. Levi cradled the unconscious body of his Co-Captain in his arms until he grew uncomfortable with the proximity. He propped her limp body against the lip of the water fountain. Her head lolled awkward to the side so Levi, feeling irked by the angle her neck was at, sat down next to her and shifted himself so their bodies were touching. Her head now rested against his shoulder and Levi found himself internally praying nobody would show up and witness the sight.

"Hurry and wake up, will you?" Levi sighed at the unconscious woman next to him. He hesitantly reached up his hand to sweeped away the bronze hair from her face before pressing the back of his hand to her forehead. Your temperature's perfectly normal and you don't seem unwell... maybe this is all just mental? A soft groan came from the woman's parted lips. He retracted his hand immediately, his body jerking back, not wanting to be caught so close to her. "Leah, are you awake?"

Levi studied her face. Though her eyes were still shut, he could just about make out the rapid movement of her eyeballs beneath the lid. She's... dreaming? Levi sat back and observed, unsure of what was happening or what exactly he should do about it. This wasn't the first time Leah had passed out randomly. The last time that had happened was...

Then it dawned on him. Could she be having another 'episode' as she'd called it? Perhaps it was just more extreme this time... having been set off by the traumatic events of the day. Levi considered slapping her face again - it had seemed to work last time - but just as he went to raise his hand, Leah mumbled softly in her sleep. "No... take me... instead..."

Her voice had been so hushed Levi knew he wouldn't have heard it had the streets not been deserted. He furrowed his brow and craned his neck to inspect the girl's face. He could feel the warmth of her gentle breaths on his cheek.

"...leave him... I want... to die..." The subdued words caused Levi to freeze. His body tensed and his eyes widened with shock at what she had just said. That's it, I'm waking her up. Without wasting a second Levi lifted his wrist and slapped a firm hand against her slightly rosy cheek. Leah awoke with a jolt and immediately started taking in gasping breaths, looking around wildly with frantic eyes. A red hand print blossomed on her face and Levi physically cringed at the fact he'd done that to her.

"Leah! Leah, calm down." Levi demanded, moving to kneel before her and grabbing her shoulders roughly.

-

That now familiar burning sensation returned to Leah's cheek as she was forced back to consciousness by a hard slap to the face. The terror of what she'd witnessed in the flashback caused her breaths to come in ragged gasps as her lungs and heart convulsed with adrenaline. She quickly tried to take in her new surroundings, calming only when her eyes focused on the short male before her. Levi. She inhaled deeply as his grey eyes bore into her green.

"Leah, calm down. It's just me, you're okay." His voice spoke unwaveringly accentuated by his rigid grip on her shoulders. His fingertips dug pointedly into Leah's trembling muscles. "I'm okay..." She managed to mutter, beginning to slow her breathing with deep inhales. The difference in their voices was stark; Leah's was now shaking with emotion. Perhaps it was due to having witnessed her Brother's death for a second time. One time had definitely been enough.

At Leah's words, Levi released her shoulders and relaxed back onto his haunches, sighing deeply in relief. He closed his eyes and let his head fall back as he spoke.

"What the hell happened back there?" He said, "I thought I told you not to do that again on my watch." Despite his scolds, Levi's voice betrayed him by quivering ever so slightly. Before Leah could comment on this or even reply, Levi stood abruptly and started walking - no - limping towards his horse, his back purposely turned to her. His change in demeanour happened in the blink of an eye. "Get up, we need to join the rest of the Corps before they head back to HQ without us."

Leah remembered back to the horrible sound his leg had made when fighting the female titan. Hopefully he wasn't too badly injured. As Leah tried to stand up she was surprised by a sharp pain that spiked in her torso, causing her to hiss through her teeth. Oh no... this isn't good, feels like a broken rib... Leah pressed a hand to her side and prepared to move again.

Trying to hide the now swelling pain in her ribcage Leah moved after the raven-haired man and watched as he mounted his horse while also trying his hand at hiding the hideous pain his leg was causing him. Levi turned to Leah impatiently when she hadn't yet reached his horse. "Hurry up and get on!" He extended a hand down to her and helped the female up to sit behind him. Leah's ribs seared with pain. Before she could get secured in her perch, Levi's horse began racing down the unfamiliar streets of what Leah could only assume was the Karanes district, causing Leah to hurriedly wrap her arms around Levi's torso to prevent her tumbling backwards and causing herself even more damage.

Levi stifled grunts every time his horse stumbled, clearly pained by the strain in his leg. "Levi, let me take over. Your leg might be broken." Leah shouted to him, having to compete with the heavy clopping of the horse's hooves. "No, I'm fine. Just be quiet." There was a long pause in their conversation where Leah picked up on the fact that Levi clearly wasn't in the best of moods with her. What did I do this time? Surely he doesn't blame me for passing out again? Then it struck her. If Leah was here, on Levi's horse, then where was Rosemary?

"Levi, where's my horse?" She asked loudly. He ignored her. "Levi?" Leah tried again, still no answer. Great, so he's giving me the silent treatment now? Leah decided to try one more time.

"I'm sorry I fainted and had more flashbacks to my Brother dying, okay? Do you know where Rosemary is?" Leah hoped he wouldn't get hung up on the 'flashbacks to her brother dying' part. Luckily, he didn't.

"She's fine. You can see her when we get back." Leah stayed silent for the remainder of the short ride back to the rest of the Scouts, trying to sort out the events of the day in her head. So much had happened. So much pain and loss. When Levi's horse slowed to a walk, she peeked past his broad shoulders, ignoring the dull pain in her side, to gaze into the sea of green they were joining. Leah tried to pick out faces in the crowd but everyone seemed to hold that identical crestfallen look that made them all look the same.

"There you are, Erwin's looking for you both. Leah, are you okay?" Hange's familiar voice spoke with a not so familiar somber tone. They lacked their usual eccentric laugh and constant gibbering and instead matched the overall reflective feeling that filled the air around them.

"Yeah, I just-"

"She passed out." Levi finished for Leah. She glared at the back of his head. "I told her she'd been over doing it but she wouldn't listen to me." This lie came so easily from his lips. Leah furrowed her brow. He seemed to know I'd had another flashback, judging by his reaction back when I first woke up, but why was he covering for me? Surely this was something that needed to be addressed... something I should be dismissed from duty for?

Hange gave Leah a sympathetic look but before they could say anything Levi started firing questions at them. So now he's trying to change the subject? Feeling exhausted and still slightly dazed, the redhead allowed herself to rest her head against Levi's back. Her arms instinctively tightened around his torso slightly. The position was comfortable and the heat radiating from Levi's body caused her eyes to grow heavy and her breathing to become lighter as Leah drifted off to sleep once again. Maybe Levi's not entirely wrong and I am overdoing it? This time as slumber won over, Leah prayed above all she had no vivid flashbacks to traumatic events from her life.

-

Leah finally awoke again from a nightmare-free sleep when Levi's horse slowed to a walk. It seemed the constant jolts from the galloping horse as they retreated back to HQ from Karanes had only lulled Leah into a deeper sleep and this change of pace registered in her unconscious brain, meaning only one thing: they were home. She opened her eyes blearily to see that the sunset cast a golden hue over everything it touched. The scene in some twisted way felt ethereal. How could the world appear so peaceful and glorious after the death and pain we've suffered through today? It was cruel and mocking how beautiful everything looked now. The castle loomed over them in the distance, glowing magically in the setting sun. They seemed to be headed in the direction of the stables.

Leah sat back in the saddle, releasing her arms from around Levi and stretching uncomfortably, a soft groan escaping her lips. Her limbs and muscles ached terribly from the non-stop action and prolonged time spent on horseback and Leah relished in the thought of getting to go to bed. The pain in her side was still present, though currently reduced to a pulsing throb. "Look who finally decided to wake up." Levi turned to glance back at her, now that there was some distance between their bodies. Leah hummed in response and he went back to looking ahead of them. She shifted agitatedly in the saddle. "Can you stop for a second, I want to get off. Everything aches." Leah requested irritabiy. Plenty of scouts around them were now just walking, leading their horse with the rein in one hand.

"We're almost at the stables."

His reply annoyed Leah and she groaned childishly. "Levi, let me off please. I want to find my horse and my legs hurt from sitting like this for so long." Before he could argue Leah reached past him to tug on the reins. His horse snorted at her sudden movement and threw his head about as they came to a stop.

"Fine. Get off then." Levi's voice now matched Leah's impatience and she didn't even let him finish his sentence before she stiffly swung her legs towards the ground and dismounted his horse. Leah landed with a stumble and had to catch herself before she could tumble forward into another Scout's horse. Leah watched as Levi started to walk on, not sparing a look back at her. I'll just have to find him later, we should probably talk about what happened today at some point.

Leah began on her mission to find Rosemary, which proved more problematic than first anticipated. Not only was she a similar colour to most of the horses around Leah, but the Scouts had also taken dozens of other jockeyless horses with them as backups for the expedition. Leah approached countless Scouts that were leading two horses, only to be disappointed to realise neither were Rosemary. After the seventh rejection her attention was caught by a young, blonde haired Scout approaching her. She recognised him as one of Eren's friends.

"Excuse me, are you looking for your horse?" His voice had came from beside her. His eyes sparkled amiably and he grinned at Leah widely. Her gaze travelled from him to the two horses he was leading, one in either hand. She gasped animatedly, regretting it when her ribcage twinged. One of the horses was Rosemary.

Leah approached her horse excitedly, reaching a hand up to scratch its chin as she addressed the young recruit next to her. "Yes, this is her, thank you so much for keeping her safe. You're one of Jaeger's friends aren't you? 104th Cadet Corps?"

The boy blushed shyly, looking at his feet as he replied. "Yes, I'm Armin, Ma'am."

"Nice to meet you, Armin. I'm Ca-" Before Leah could finish her sentence Armin cut her off.

"Captain Leah Anderson. Yeah sorry, Eren told me a lot about you. And Mikasa wouldn't shut up on the ride home about how amazing you and Captain Levi are. She told me about how you both saved Eren and almost single handedly took down the female titan, we're both really grateful for what you guys did." Leah was taken back by the adoration in his words. Mikasa must be the name of the girl who helped us take on the Female Titan. The Captain thought as she let Armin's words sink in.

"Your gratitude means a lot. You saved my horse so now we're equal." She joked, earning a laugh from Armin. As they stood there a sickening realisation hit Leah, causing her stomach to drop. He looks exactly like Isaac. Leah painfully looked away from the Scout before her. "I'm sure I'll see you around, Armin, provided the government doesn't disband us for failing this mission so miserably." Leah replied darkly, her back now turned to the boy as she continued towards the stables.

"Bye, Captain."

-

By the time Leah had undressed Rosemary, the pain in her ribs had swelled back to an all time high. She hung up the saddle with a pained grunt before topping up the horse's hay and water. As Leah made her way back to the castle, the world around her now cast in a large shadow as the sun finally dipped below the horizon, Leah tried her best to find a breathing pattern that didn't cause her pain. It seemed with every inhale or movement her insides pressed painfully against her broken rib, causing her to ball her fists in pain.

In her years of Captaincy with the Garrison Leah had done her fair share of Medical training, meaning she knew exactly what any doctor would do in this situation. As long as the bone wasn't piercing any organs (which she assumed hers weren't by the fact that she wasn't dead yet) all they would do is bandage her chest tightly and instate strict rest, something Leah could do just as easily by herself. And so she started her way into the castle, looking for where the medical supplies were kept, something she was sure many others would be doing by now.

The mess hall seemed to be doubling as a hospital, as injured soldiers piled in and waited to use the limited supplies they had. Leah's eyes scanned the room for anyone familiar and she smiled weakly when her eyes met Hange's. She walked over feebly and sat down beside them.

"You don't happen to have a bandage, do you?" Leah asked as she quickly glanced them over, they didn't seem to be in any obvious pain and more likely was here to help treat other people's injuries, being a scientist and all. They reached into the pile of supplies next to them and lifted up a roll of bandages. "Are you okay, Captain? Do you need me to wrap you up?" Hange asked, their usual bubble had returned to their voice.

"No thanks, Hange. I think I'll manage myself." Leah smiled thankfully at them, taking the roll from their hand before continuing: "However... If you want to play doctor, a certain steel faced Captain hurt his leg today, not that he'd ever admit that. You should try and find him, he probably needs to be bandaged too." At her words Hange let out an exaggerated gasp and their face lit up.

"Yes! Thank you, Leah. I'll go and find that stubborn shorty right now!" Hange leapt up from their seat next to Leah, hurriedly scooping medical supplies into their arms before running towards the exit of the mess hall. "Leeeeeeeeeevi, where are youuuuuuuuuuuuu."

-

With her bandages gripped tightly in one hand and her other pressed against her searing ribs, Leah hobbled up the stairs and towards her room. The few soldiers she passed on her journey offered small, sad smiles suggesting they knew the loss her squad had suffered that day. She pushed the memory of their lifeless corpses away and smiled back. No doubt realisation would hit me soon. When I have time to think.... let's make sure that doesn't happen.

Once in the safety of her room Leah dropped herself onto her bed and began to painfully strip off her ODM Gear and uniform until she was sat there in her white uniform trousers and bra. The right side of her ribs was incredibly discoloured and the reddish-purple bruise was like a shadow that consumed an area the size of her hand. Leah winced at the sight of it before beginning the wrapping process. It was excruciating and challenging, more than once it managed to unravel and she had to start again, with frustrated tears stinging her eyes. She wasn't even completely sure how she'd gotten the broken rib in the first place. I guess that's something else I need to speak to Levi about.

By the end of it Leah sat on the edge of her bed with tears streaming down her face and a few layers of bandage wrapped around her ribcage just below her breasts. She held back sobs, knowing perfectly well how much it would hurt in her current state to let them loose. Instead she reached a hand up and wiped the wetness from her cheeks before pulling on a loose burgundy sweater. She didn't want to spend another second alone with her thoughts at fear of what might happen. She needed to keep herself busy.

Leah pushed herself off her bed and into a standing position before starting back down towards the mess hall in the hopes of helping the injured.

(3470 words)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.4K 220 63
(This fanfiction is being rewritten on a separate fic because of bad writing and story.) I'm a girl who just wanted revenge, with a secret past. He's...
901 19 18
You come from Marley on one of the ships to inspect the "Heaven". But instead of investigating, you end up being held by the survey corps (as an impo...
10.1K 448 23
Sequel of One Last Time Year 850. The second appearance of the Colossal Titan affected the lives of many. After finding Eren's titan shifting abiliti...
97.4K 2.4K 23
She is a field medic for the Survey Corps - having only joined for one purpose. Aside from duties on the field; she assists her squad leader, Hange...