Are You Happy Now?

By goofyandpluto

To grow up in a world where female shifters are rare, being one is a big deal- and thats why Cassidy hides th... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Where it All Began
Chapter 3: What Do You Mean She's Gone?
Chapter 4: She's So Gone
Chapter 5: You? You're The Rogue?
Chapter 6: Hunting
Chapter 7: I'm Going to Kill You.
Chapter 8: Letter Home
Chapter 9: You Need My Help
Chapter 10: Finally!
Chapter 11: I Told You So.
Chapter 12: Too Late
Chapter 13: Is This Heaven...Or Hell?
Chapter 14: Bad Move
Chapter 15: One Month Wasted
Chapter 16: Somehow, Someway, Someday
Chapter 17: Changed for the Better
Chapter 18: Time Flies
Chapter 19: Needed
Chapter 20: Here We Go Again
Chapter 21: Home Sweet Home
Chapter 22: Darkness Follows
Chapter 23: Our Second Chance
Chapter 24: Never Going To Catch A Break
Chapter 25: Training Part 2
Chapter 26: Striking
Chapter 27: Jake
Chapter 28: Hope Yet
Chapter 29: Seriously Never Ends Does It?
Chapter 30: The Price of Survival
Chapter 31: Take A Step Towards Happiness
Chapter 32: Over You... (Part 1)
Chapter 32: Over You... (Part 2)
Chapter 33: Third Time's the Charm
Chapter 34: Finally
Chapter 35: Here We Go Again
Chapter 36: My Happy Ending?
Chapter 37: For the Last Time: Home
Chapter 38: Let's Finish This
Chapter 39: How It Should've Been
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue Part 2

Chapter 2: Broken

94.3K 2.3K 402
By goofyandpluto

Just so you readers know I changed the previous chapter.... - Pluto,  date changed: 3/23/13

Picture of Cassidy on the side ------------------------------------->

______________________________________________________

Recap:

As Jacob and I were walking up to the school entrance I saw him. My mate. Actually I smelled him first. He smelled like apples and freshly sanded wood. It was mouthwatering. I looked around the campus until I found him.

He had that sexy messy looking hair; brown. A little button nose. Muscles that I knew one day I would get the chance to run my fingers all over. I was already perving him and I didn't even know who he was. As my eyes met his, it was like my world stopped. His deep green eyes held mine for what seems like hours. Then it finally hit me. I knew who my mate was.

Damen Michaelson. The alpha-to-be.

I whispered "Mate," Jacob shot me a look that said "what did you just say?"

Just at that moment my whore of a sister walked up grabbed his face and roughly kissed him. She even went so far as to jump up and wrap her legs around his waist. His hands even caught her, grabbing her fat ass.

The worst part was that he didn't even attempt to stop her. He kissed her back. Knowing full well that I was right there.

My heart was already shattered.

_____________________________________________________

Chapter 2: Broken

I was seeing red. I was fighting my wolf for control. She wanted nothing more then to get over there and rip her diseased little hands off of our mate. Who knew what she caught while sleeping around! Knowing she was meant to be a Luna was really getting to my wolf's head fast I think. She was extremely possessive at this point, not that I could I blame her. How could he let her even touch him after he finally found me?! Wait.....

His sixteenth birthday was a year ago.... He was a junior like Briella and I.... He would have known I was his mate. Why didn't he say anything? Tears came to my eyes. I knew why.

I "wasn't" a shifter like my sister. He didn't want me. He is going to reject me.

Jacob grabbed my arm and I instantly knew I was going to have a bruise, not that it would last long with my werewolf healing, but a bruise none the less. I had to close my eyes because by now my eyes would have turned completely black with the amount of control my wolf had. I had to rein her in and get my act under control. No one could figure out what I was. At least not yet.

"What did you just say Cass?" Jacob had a look that was between shock and humiliation with a little anger under the surface.

"I said mate Jake! Damen is my mate! I knew it the minute I saw him!" I turned to Damen who had now ended his little suck-face session with Briella and said, "Tell him Damen! I'm your mate."

I saw panic cross Damen's face but he quickly masked it. His normal cocky smile reappeared on his perfect face. "Like you would be my mate! That's rich! I need a strong alpha female for my pack, preferably a shifter. You Cassidy Knightlock are neither. You aren't even pretty. If you were my mate, not that you are," No please Damen don't say it! I thought. "I would reject you." he finished. He even went as far as to grab that whore again and plant another lingering kiss on her lips. Both of us knew exactly what he was doing when he said those final words. No one else knew the severity of them; no one knew that their pack just got weaker because the alpha-to-be just rejected his luna.

My heart shattered. It felt like someone had ripped out my heart and burned it. My wolf was calling out to his, pleading with his to make it right before it was too late.

"I'm sorry about my sister Damen. I don't know what has gotten into her." Jacob was apologizing to Damen for me? My head snapped up and my wolf was furious.

"My own brother doesn't believe me?!" I practically yelled.

"Cassidy don't make a scene! Just get to class. You have done enough today." His eyes met mine and they were stone cold. He was ordering me now? Tough luck bitch, or should I say mutt.

"I thought that at least you of all people would believe me Jake." I felt my eyes tear up again, his figure visually softened, and his eyes were pleading with mine. He just wanted me to listen. He didn't actually care about me. "I thought that my big brother, the one who was supposed to always be there for me, would actually believe me. But I guess it's asking too much. You care about your reputation that bad? Fine I'll make it easier. I'm gone. Goodbye Jake." And with that I turned my back to him and headed home. Little did Jake know that he was the last tie that was keeping me here, and now that he severed that tie - I was gone. I ran the whole way. Being a shifter does have it's benefits- running without getting tired is a plus, especially in this situation.

I heard Jake call my name. He was pleading for me not to leave. I guess my dramatic exit doesn't exactly help his reputation now does it? Who like a guy who makes his own sister cry? I sure wouldn't that's for sure.

As I finally arrived back at the pack house I slowed my pace. The pack house came into view and I just stopped. I needed to take a mental picture of it because I didn't think I would be returning anytime soon. It was the classic log-cabin in the woods house, with its river stone chimney, aged wood exterior and wrap around porch littered with Adirondack chairs. Basically a home-y log cabin like you see on the label of a maple syrup bottle. Well, that is if that cute little cabin were to take steroids, seeing as the house was four stories high, and the length of a bowling alley. But it wasn't the house itself that I would miss the most, but the beautiful forest around it. The creek where I had learned to swim, the first tree, of many, that I had climbed. Don't get me wrong, I'm not usually this much of an emotional person, but after a day like today, no one could blame me for getting a little teary eyed.

I walked up the porch steps and as I was about to turn the handle of the front door my mom beat me to it. How she knew I was coming home I didn't know and right now I didn't care. That was it, I broke down right there on the porch. My mom pulled me into her arms and I cried for what felt like hours. In reality it probably was hours too. She didn't even say anything or ask me what was wrong. She just held me and comforted me.

My wolf was even crying inside. She was broken and didn't know what to do. I felt some of her pain by I know she took most of the blow from the rejection, she was in more pain then I was. She was trying to soften the blow for me. I wish I could repay her somehow for that.

When I had finally calmed down my mom ushered me into the house, I couldn't really tell where we were going but as soon as I smelled fresh brownies I knew we were in the kitchen. My mom put the pan of brownies in front of me. I couldn't even bring myself to eat any of them. The smell was even making me nauseous, and brownies were one of my favorites! I just looked from the brownies to my mom. Her face was laced with worry and pain. That pain could have been from seeing me how I am or my father screwing some pathetic bottom-feeder.

"Mom-" my voice cracked. I cleared my voice and took a deep breath before continuing, "Mom, he rejected me. My mate rejected me. The worst part is he was Damen. The alpha-to-be! It feels like the whole pack rejected me. Even Jake didn't believe me! All he fucking cares about is his reputation! I am fed up with all the shit that goes on here! Mom I don't know if I can stay any longer."

My mom gave me a small smile. "Honey, if you needed to leave I wouldn't stop you. I understand your pain to some degree." She was talking about my good-for-nothing dad's betrayals. "I will even help you pack. But you have to promise me something if you are truly bent on leaving." She looked me in the eyes sternly and said, "You have to promise me that you will find some way to keep in contact with me. Even if it is just to say you are still alive."

I ran to my mom. I relished in the comforting feeling I got while she hugged me. "I promise mom. I promise to keep in contact. I would never leave you if I thought I could live through this anymore. But mom, you have to promise me something in return." I pulled away a little in the hug. "Mom, you cannot tell anyone, even after I leave, that I am a shifter. Damen didn't want me like I am now, so he doesn't deserve me because I am one."

My mom gave me a proud smile. "Your secret is always safe with me. Besides it's not my secret to tell. It's yours to tell when you know the time is right." My mom brought tears of joy to my eyes. I am going to miss her so much. I hurts me to leave her like this. "Lets go honey, you need to pack."

She led me upstairs to my room. She grabbed a duffel bag that I would be able to sling over my neck while I traveled in wolf form, and started packing all my clothes. I added a few personal care items, a picture of our pack, a family photo, and I even wandered into Jake's room to steal the picture of him and Damen from his wall so I could have them both with me. I would use that picture as a reminder of why I left and why I am not going to return. At least not anytime in the near future.

When we finished my room looked like no one had ever lived in there. I mean in a way it was true. I haven't ever really lived. I have been quiet and tried to remain hidden my entire life. It was time to step out of the shadows and into the light. Didn't someone say it's always darkest before the dawn? Well consider today my darkness and tomorrow my dawn.

I walked to my bag and dug out some paper. I sat down on my bed and wrote a final letter I knew Jake and Damen would find. Briella and my father, along with the rest of the pack, wouldn't care that I am gone. My mom knew I was leaving, so the only people I had to say goodbye to were them. After a hour of on and off crying and writing I finally finished the letter and left it on the pillow of the bed I wouldn't see for a while. Leaving hurt but sticking around hurt more.

I made my way down the steps Jake used to chase me up and down. I passed the dining room table where I had countless fights with Briella and my father. It was also where my mom and I would spend hours. We would just talk and talk. We never ran out of things to talk about and I would miss that too. I walked through the kitchen. I had to let out a laugh at the memory that surfaced - my mom and I trying to make my fifth grade science project. We had been trying to make one of those volcano things and the moment we set it off Briella had walked into the room. Needless to say she was covered, head to toe, in red-orange hot and sticky gew. To this day there was a small stain on the ceiling where it wouldn't come off. As I turned and walked to the front door I saw my mom was waiting for me.

I gave her a small smile. "I will miss you mom. I'm sorry I have to leave you here with dad and the whore I call a sister. Don't be mad at Jake. I know me leaving him will hurt him as soon as he realizes what happened and that I wasn't lying about Damen being my mate. Tell him I love him. Tell them, if they even decide to look for me, that they won't be able to find me where I am going." I pulled my mom in for a final hug.

"I will, my sweet baby girl." My mom ran her hand down the side of my face affectionately. I knew she was doing exactly what I was doing; we were trying to memorize eachother's face, so we never forget it. After all today may or may not be the last time I see her.

"Goodbye mom." I had tears streaming down my face at this point.

"Goodbye my baby." I took my duffel bag from her and walked down the porch steps and into the thick trees, towards the pack's boarders. I had to wait until I reached the creek to change into my wolf, so the pack wouldn't smell my scent change. I didn't want them actually finding me or following me.

I turned around one last time to look at the pack house. My mom was still at the porch. I kissed my hand and sent her a wave. She returned my gesture.

This was it. I was leaving.

___________________________________________________________________

Well I hope you liked it!

VOTE

COMMENT

ENJOY:)

-Pluto

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

691K 6.7K 15
This is a sample of the story. If you would like to read the whole thing then please look it up on Amazon or check out the link on the last chapter...
88.8K 4.1K 22
READ BOOK ONE MY MATE.....THE NERD FIRST Lucas King, the oldest son of Alphas Dimitir and Bennett King, is not your typical 15 year old teenager. Wh...
201K 1.3K 7
SIX-PACK SERIES BOOK THREE * While this book can be read as a standalone, I highly recommend reading book one (Alpha Gray) and book two (Alpha Theo)...
35.6K 402 13
Used to be I want my brother's beta.. good thing hes too busy with his mate to notice (redone a little bit check it out) Katie is an alpha's daughter...