I Found You

By TheFictionalVibes

22 years old ADHIRA VATS, who's vague & intricate, too naive to deal with the cruel world. Getting married wa... More

•Aesthetics•
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
10.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.

1.

9.1K 556 48
By TheFictionalVibes

"Gudiyaaaa"

{Doll}

Lighting the candle on the cake, I turned around to find my brother eagerly waiting on the kitchen doorstep, clutching the gifts in his hands.

"Gudiya, it's already 11:57 pm. What's taking you so long?"

Balancing the cake in my hands, I made my way towards him, while his shiny gaze was still locked on the cake.

This boy and his love for sweets.

"Just hold on for two more minutes bhaiya, and then it is all yours. Now quit romancing  the cake and take the lead." I teased.

He scrunched his nose and began to make his way out of the kitchen, with me trailing him, closely behind.

We maintained a hushed silence as we tip-toed towards the room adjacent to the dining hall, where the soft glow of the dim lights welcomed us.

As we twisted the doorknob and stepped in into the room, we were surprised instead of giving one. My brother and I exchanged glances, while a sigh left our mouths.

We turned our head to the front when we heard the sound of laughter coming from the person sitting in the rocking chair with a book in his hands.

"This is not done papa, at least you could have acted surprised. How do you always know?" I placed the cake on the square shaped table, adjacent to the recliner.

Rosing up from his seat, he kept his book on the TV panel, with his reading spectacles before taking his steps to where I was standing and took me in a side hug.

"Because I knew my Gudiya will not sleep before wishing me ever."

I looked up at his smiling face and quickly sent a prayer to Mahadev to keep my father happy and healthy always.

"All the love for your Gudiya only, nothing for me." My brother said, making a puppy face as he kept the gifts on the bed before walking to us.

"Awww, is my not so cute brother jealous?" I stuck my tongue out, wrapping my arms around my father's figure.

"Jealous of you? huhh, don't forget that you are adopted. That's why papa always shows you more affection." This time he teased.

He rubbed the spot on his arm, he earned a smack on,  from papa. Well, this is what you get in return if you mess with a girl in front of her father.

My father is super possessive and protective of me, and so is my brother. I have been their laadli since childhood, being the only girl child in the family.

Smiling at papa, we both hugged him from each side. "Happy Birthday Papa."

In return, he gave us his blessings, putting his palms on our heads and pressed a quick peck on both of us forehead.

"Now, come on, Paa. Cut the cake already. I can't hold back any longer. I can't wait, It's just too tempting." My brother exclaimed, clapping his hands with the enthusiasm of a 2-year-old.

Who will believe this guy is 25 years old?

Papa blew out the birthday candle, and then the three of us joined hands to cut the cake together. It's our special tradition, whether it's my birthday, my brother's, or papa's.

We took turns feeding each other the cake. First, we fed papa, then he fed me. My brother didn't need any help because he was already happily munching on the cake.

"Don't look at me like this, guys. Is it my fault that it is my most favourite blueberry cheesecake." Taking a seat on the recliner chair, he licked his fingers clean, wiping away all the cream.

Chuckling at him, I tugged at my father's wrist and guided him towards the bed. I made him sit on the bedside before taking a seat myself. "Now it's time for the gifts."

Passing him the big wrapped box, I eagerly urged him to open it. "Open it, Paa" My eyes were fixed on his face.

As he untied the ribbon and tore off the wrapping paper, I couldn't help but notice the mix of emotions flickering on his face.

A smile danced upon his lips, yet a hint of melancholy shimmered in his eyes as he held the collage photo frame of mine and mine brothers childhood memories with our father.

I knew what he must be thinking, and I hated the fact that I couldn't do anything about it. He didn't deserve this. What was his fault?

"Look at her always clinging to you like a monkey, which she definitely is."

I gaped at my brother's words, and faked a offended, but deep down I knew he was just trying to divert our father's attention and make him feel better.

Placing the frame with care on the bedside table, he proceeded to unwrap the second gift."You are such a jealous person, Mr. Advait Vats. Stop teasing my daughter."

"Betiyan toh babul ki raaniyan hoti hain."

{Daughters are the queens of their fathers}

With a chuckle, my brother took out the watch from the box and made papa wear the wristwatch he had purchased using his own hard-earned money.

He insisted on paying for it himself because he didn't want to take any money from me. In his eyes, I will always be his little sister.

"Han or ye Rani paraya dhan hai papa. Why will I be jealous of her? Yeh toh ek din chali jayegi, par main toh aapke sath hi rahunga."

He looked at me, sticking his tongue out just the way I did before.

{Yes, and this queen is someone else's wealth. She'll leave you one day, but I will always be with you.}

"Bhaiya, it's all your misconception. I'm not going to leave you guys ever."

My father placed his hand on my long hair, stroking them softly. "Beta, he is right. You are already 22 now, and you'll be done with your graduation in a couple of months. Or ek na ek din toh jaana hi hai na, hmm."

{And someday you will have to get married, right?}

Just the thought of leaving my family, my papa and bhaiya, sends the shiver down my spine.

I embraced my father tighter, resting my head on his shoulder blade, closing my eyes tightly, battling to hold back the tears.

"Okay, you guys are making me emotional now, and I should be happy that she'll be gone soon, and then all the affection and love will be for me only, right papa?"

"Bhaiyaaaaa"

"Papa, get him married first. He is elder to me" I said, breaking the hug and looked at my brother's face, smirking at him.

"I quite don't have any plans of marriage for the next two or three years. I want to settle down first and get a house of our own."

I knew his answer would be no different.

Owning a house of his own was our father's dream. To have a place to call his own. But however, when everything started falling apart, he was troubled and burdened.

Ever since then, his sole focus has been on my brother and me, showering us with his undivided attention and love.

"And I want to lend you a hand" I said, gazing at my brother who responded with a heartfelt smile.

"Are mere bache itne bade kabse ho gaye?" Papa smiled, and me and my brother kissed his forehead at the same time, giving him a big hug.

{Oh, when did my kids grow up so much?}

* * *

The whole family was gathered together around a dining table at a stunning open roof restaurant, surrounded with the lushy greenery and twinkling lights.

For celebrating papa's birthday, which includes his only brother and his family too.

Which consists of Tauji, Taiji, their two sons, Manas and Shashank. Manas bhaiya is eight years older than me and is happily married to Devika Bhabhi and has a 5-year-old son, Yuvansh.

And Shashank bhaiya is four years older than me and got married last year to Aashi Bhabhi.

We all reside in the same house, but the floor is separate. They occupy the ground floor while we live on the first floor. The house is owned by Tauji.

It's a beautiful two-storey house with four rooms on each floor, along with a spacious hall and an open kitchen. And to add to its beauty, there's a lovely medium-sized lawn on the right side as you enter the house.

Tauji, the most respected one in the family, cleared his throat, capturing everyone's attention.

"Hari, I have a good proposal for Gudiya. I want you to meet them once."

I could feel the heaviness creeping up my chest. I looked towards my brother, who was so engrossed in his bowl of 'Ras Malai.'

I wondered if he had any idea what's going on here. I turned my head to look at papa, whose eyes were already fixed at me.

"Ji bhaisaab, after she completes her graduation, I'll-

"Just meet them once, talk to them, and we can discuss this matter with them. It's a good proposal. I would suggest you to don't let it go." Tauji cut off Papa in between.

Now, I am not interested in my ice cream either. Tauji has always treated me like his own, and I trust that he would never make a decision that would lead to astray for me.

But I am just not ready to leave my family behind. Not yet.

I looked up feeling a squeeze on my palm to see Devika Bhabhi's smiling face. She had been more like a sister to me. She's such a beautiful person in and out.

"The thing is, she's still studying, and I want her to have a stable job before she ties the knot. I want her to be self-reliant and capable of standing on her own two feet."

This would be probably the first time I have seen my father, standing up against his brothers words.

"I understand your concern Bhaisaab, but Gudiya will be completing her graduation in the upcoming months, and she will soon turn 23. I think it's the right time that you at least start looking for suitable matches for her." Taiji said, shifting her gaze at me.

"Adhira beta, tumhe koi aitraaz to nahi na, is cheez se?"

{Adhira do you have any objection with this?}

I don't know why couldn't I say no, or express my thoughts aloud. I didn't even realised when I silently shook my head.

"He is a childhood class friend of mine. He is looking forward to a good proposal for his nephew. Acha parivaar hai, Gudiya khush rahegi." Tauji said, wiping his mouth with a tissue.

{The family is nice, Gudiya will stay happy}

"Bhaisaab aap baat aage badhaiye, I will meet the boy first." Papa nodded his head, looking at his brother.

{Brother go ahead}

* * *

"Come in Bhaiya."

I lifted my gaze from the paper sheets, that laid on my lap, to see my brother entering the room.

"Soyi nhi abhi tak?"

{Haven't slept yet?}

I shifted the comforter side,  making some space for him to sit. "Was just completing the notes. Par aap kyun jaage ho?"

{Why are you awake?}

"I was just walking by and noticed that your room's lights were on, so thought to check on you." He replied, taking a seat beside my legs.

"Papa and tauji are going to meet the boy tomorrow." He stopped, and took a deep breath before continuing.

"Gudiya, you already know, you can share anything with me. You really don't need to hesitate. If you don't want all this to happen now, then I'll talk to papa and tauji."

"Ya fir koi hai toh...you know what I mean"

"Nahi bhaiya, aisa kuch nahi hai." I shook my head instantly.

{No brother, there's no one}

"Pata hi tha mujhe chudail." I smacked his face with the pillow, causing him to burst in giggles.

{I knew it witch}

In my high school days, when a guy from my class tried to flirt with me, in a harmless healthy manner. My brother had made sure that the guy would never dare to make eye contact with me again.

He is quite protective of me. Not that I am complaining.

"Acha okay, come here I'll give you a head massage." He picked up the notes, and arranged them in a proper manner.

Getting up from the bed he kept the notes on the study table and picked up the bottle of hair oil from the dressing table before coming back to his previous seat.

I plopped down on the soft carpeted floor, leaning my back against the bedpost.

Ever since my brother caught me struggling to oil my own hair, he's taken on the task every night before my hair wash day.

It all began when he once saw me trying to do it myself, since my grandmother used to take care of it before she died two years ago.

Letting out a sigh of relief, I closed my eyes as his fingers worked their magic on my scalp.

"I'm not against you being in a relationship or having a boyfriend. I get that it's quite common these days. But I am genuinely concerned for you, Gudiya. You have such a pure and innocent heart, I don't want anyone to hurt you." His tone was low.

"You don't need to explain yourself bhaiya. I understand, you care for me and I have no complaints regarding this." I turned around and looked at him, over my shoulders.

He intertwined strands of my naturally dark  brown hair, weaving them together in a loose braid.

"But I believe, Vikram is the perfect match for you. I think, I can trust him with you."

He smiled warmly, gently patting my head.

"Aap mile unse?" I exclaimed, getting up from the floor, and sitting beside him.

{You met him?}

He bobbed his head.

"Aaj? Does papa knows?" I asked and he again replied with a nod.

{Today?}

"How did it went?" And here, I haven't even seen his picture yet. The anticipation is killing me.

He shrugged his shoulders, mischievously grinning like a child. It was his usual tactic, knowing I hated waiting and being kept in suspense.

"Bhaiyaaa" I slapped his arm, lightly.

"Gudiyaaa"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8M 93.2K 60
[FEATURED] Shruti never had marriage in her life plan. For her, it was, ❝Shaadi aur bacche, dusron ke hi achhe.❞ (Marriage and children benefit only...
677K 32.8K 65
Everyone deserves second chances, but not for the same mistakes ofcourse. How much it sucks when you know you should let go, but you can't because so...
947K 38.7K 54
| Complete | ✅ They stared into each others eyes and everything seemed completely oblivious to them. Raw emotions of love and care were floating in...
297K 25K 62
Yash Purohit- 27 year old CA, Carefree, Bindass, Jolly, happy Go person. Once you meet him, he will ensure your comfort. He gives his time to family...