Rise of The Fallen (unedited...

By Bioshockgrl

Abandoned and left to die, a human girl must fight to survive on an alien planet filled with monsters that wa... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter -7
Chapter- 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
chapter 48
chapter 49
chapter 50
chapter 51
chapter 52
chapter 53-part 1
chapter 54
chapter 55
chapter 56
chapter 57
chapter 58
chapter 59
chapter 60- Epilouge
subscribe for more
Read the entire series!

chapter 44

3.7K 196 18
By Bioshockgrl

–kora–

Yawning I lazily poked the embers of the campfire in front of me with a stick. I woke up a while ago but elazar had already left. No doubt to visit his tribe. 

We agreed that I would stay here until he returned so there really wasn't much for me to do besides sit here and wait. Looking around I could see tree lizards frolicking about, up above in the trees.

A particular pair that were nuzzling and playing together caught my attention and I couldn't help but watch. Seeing the creatures showing such affections reminded me of Elazar.

Sometimes he would nuzzle the side of my head with his own and even purr or make strange inhuman noises. I guess that should be expected from an alien but I still can't help but be surprised by how different he really is.

My gaze moved back to the dying embers of the campfire as I rested my head on my arm. The first time we met I was terrified, it was like I was staring down an unpredictable dangerous animal… in a sense I was, El could have easily killed or hurt me at that moment especially in the state I was in.

His kind isn't fond of humans so he had no reason to help me but he did, he looked past the differences between us and took care of me. He was so patient with me even as I fought against him. 

His determination to help me out was unlike anything I've ever seen in a person.  He had no reason to do so, no reward, he just did it because he thought it was the right thing to do. How could anyone be so selfless?

Sighing I tried combing my fingers through my hair only to stop when I felt a knot. Tracing my hand over my head I felt the braid that Elazar had left behind. 

Maybe it's because he did have a reason, he needed me just as much as I needed him even if we didn't realize it at the time. I've seen the way he reacts, how he blames himself for every little mishap, how he denounces himself for no reason.

He doesn't go into much detail but it's clear  he was suffering. I think taking care of me distracted him from that pain and gave him a purpose. I on the other hand felt like I needed to isolate myself in order to continue on living. I felt I couldn't trust anyone but myself, that if I let my guard down I would just get hurt again.

El proved me wrong he showed me that I didn't have to go it alone. He showed me what love really was.

I smiled and closed my eyes. Who would've thought being stranded on an alien planet would lead to love?

The sound of rustling made my head shoot up as I grabbed my knife, now on high alert. My heart started to race as the sound drew closer and I could see something approaching. 

I gripped the knife handle tightly in my good hand and carefully stood up. 

As soon as Elazar broke through the treeline before me I relaxed, lowering the knife. The smile I had before returning to my face. 

Once he saw me he relaxed as well before approaching, without hesitation he suddenly pulled me into a hug, his tail coiling around me as he kissed the top of my head and let out a deep sigh. 

I returned the gesture and we stayed like that for a few moments before pulling away to look at eachother. 

My smile fell a bit and I reached up to touch his cheek as I saw that same pained look in his eyes that he had before. 

Something upsetting must've happened. 

"Are you alright?" I asked in xandisian. El put his hand over mine, nuzzling his head into my touch before gently kissing my fingers. 

"I am fine, now that I am back here with you. How is your injury…"

I moved my arm a bit and winced at the soreness but gave El a smile to cover it up. "Better, but I don't think I should try climbing any trees." 

He nodded before removing his sack from his back and kneeling down. Opening it up he pulled out some dark cloth and held it up for me. It looked almost like a poncho with a hood?

"I talked to the others and they agreed to call off the hunters for now, there's less of a chance for anyone to come out here with the drakov around but we must still be cautious. It would be best if they do not recognize you as a human if you are seen." 

A disguise, he wants to hide my identity. I took the cloak and put it on over my head. "It's a start, I could also cover up with some charcoal powder like I used to to hide the color of my skin, the only problem now would be my lack of horns and a tail! I smiled.

El crossed his arms and looked me over. "Yes but I'm sure we can come up with something to mimic a xandisians features. Maybe some rope for a tail… he looked around before walking over to  a tree to pull down some of the vines growing along its trunk. 

Once he had enough he plucked all the leaves off and braided them into a rope before coming back over to me and tying it around my waist. 

Stepping back he looked me over and hummed to himself.

"Well do I look xandisian enough?" I laughed and spun around playing with the makeshift tail. 

"As long as they do not see you upclose." We need to keep at a distance, no one can know what you are-"

"With a few tweaks to the outfit I'm sure I could make myself look like any other xandisian girl! Your people won't even notice! Heck maybe you could even introduce me as your new mate from another tribe!"

El merely shook his head. "I would prefer to introduce you as you are. My tribe shall accept your true self as I have, I will allow nothing less than that."

"You aren't going to get ridiculed for having me around, are you?" The last thing I want is to be the cause of Elazar becoming an outcast in his own home… I know all too well how painful that kind of life could be.

"Perhaps in the beginning but the others shall come to see how beautiful you truly are and accept you as one of their own in time. Until then we must stay strong and fix the issues at hand."

"What about this? Shouldn't you return this to its owner" I held out the knife he left me and Elazar merely sighed.

"No, not yet, it is a bad time to do so. Returning the knife to paku will only raise questions and I cannot lie to him and say his brother's killer is gone while the fiend is most likely still wandering somewhere out here in the forest. Until the drakov are taken care of and the killer is found you shall keep hold of it. You need a weapon to defend yourself and I cannot carry it around while around so many of my people."

"I see…" I looked the knife over feeling bad for the family of the man it belonged to. From what Elazar told me before, they can't move on without the blade, without it the victim's soul can't be put to rest. I'm not very superstitious but things like this mean alot to Elazar's people, and losing someone isn't easy. They need to be able to mourn their loss and move on…

 We both went silent before i looked up at El once more. "You sure this is what you want? That I am what you want?"

Without a moment's hesitation Elazar grabbed me by the waist pulling me flush against his front before nipping at the side of my neck making me squeak. "What will it take for me to convince you that you are everything I could ever hope for? Are you still not convinced little human?" 

A small giggle nearly escaped me as Elazar tickled the side of my neck while ravishing me with small kisses and love bites. 

"Mmm…you can't blame me for being hesitant to accept such a reality. A human and xandisian pairing is unheard of- we are probably the first."

Elazar pulled away from my neck to put our foreheads together and look me in the eyes. "Do you dislike the idea?"

"Of course not!" 

"Then I shall stay by your side for as long as I still breathe. No matter what happens from this point on, no matter what my people say, I will stay by your side."

"El-" movement out of the corner of my eye caught my attention and I looked past Elazar, staring at the treeline. 

He pulled back from me, seeing my concern and quickly turned to look in the same direction as me. 

More movement could be heard from the treeline and immediately I could make out a dark figure hiding amidst the bushes. I could feel the blood drain from my face as Elazar tensed, snarling at the intruder while pulling me behind him protectively.

My heart raced as I gripped Elazar's arm fearfully as the worst scenario possible unfolded right before my eyes. 

We've been found.

—-

–Elazar– 

Snarling, I made sure to keep kora behind me. A single scratch from an arrow is all it would take to end her life. I couldn't let them hurt her, I can't let anyone take her from me!

I should have been more cautious. I should have taken more care to assure that no one would follow me!

I hadn't even noticed them approaching… Was it someone from the hunting party? Had paku or roku noticed her scent on me and followed me? Was it the drakov? Had a scout tracked us here after we fled the cave?

No matter who it is, I need to protect kora, I need to keep them from alerting anyone else of her presence!

Pulling my knife from my belt I lowered myself into a fighting stance and hissed at the figure hiding behind the foliage.

A startled gasp reached my ears but it wasn't from kora. As the figure jumped to their feet In fright, revealing themselves, my eyes widened in recognition. 

'Kion?'

The youngling looked between me and kora in confusion and fear before turning on his heel and running away. 

shaking my head I snapped out of my state of shock. "Kion!" I called out before sheathing the knife and chasing after the youngling.

'Why is he out here!?' He kept running fearfully glancing back over his shoulder as I caught up. 

As I got close enough to grab him he ducked under a large branch which I quickly climbed over before tackling him to the ground. 

A startled cry escaped Kion as we hit the ground. She squirmed to try and get away but I quickly restrained him and secured his tail to keep him from doing anything foolish. Kora came running over but stopped a few feet away as she caught up. She looked at the boy before her eyes met mine, both of us sharing a look of worry.

'Faux. This wasn't how it was supposed to turn out…'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Elira By JunoSol

General Fiction

13 0 8
Elira is on the run from a dark force that's been pursuing him from ages. When he is nearly captured by these people, horrifying truths are revealed...
6.9K 566 15
after the events of 'last to fall' Alita has returned to the planet of xanadis and to the arms of the alien who forever changed her life. Alita and A...
464K 2.6K 9
Exiled and left to die on a hostile alien planet for a crime she didnt commit, alita is saved by a alien native who wants nothing to do with her... O...
1.6M 76.2K 33
"You don't understand, little female. I am like a God to these people." Elodie is lost. Literally. After a massive adventure leads her to a strange p...