Where destiny lead us to

By writer_user

Book #3 of destiny series could be read as stand alone. S A K I N A S A F I :- For me, my sole focus is m... More

Epigraph
Character aesthetics
1| Rise and shine, hedgehog
2| Mr. CEO
3| New life, old me
4| My Cinderella
5| Chocolates and promises
6| What changed
7| Plans
8| Visit to home
9| Shocks
10| My Gold
11| No sleep
12| Wig drama
13| Fake
14| Dad talks
15| With him
16| Jealousy, Jealousy
17| Insomnia
18| The gems collector
19| Red day
20| Promises
21| We used to be crazy in love
22| Prying eyes
23| Gold
24| Humble abode
25| Alone
26| Night scare
28| Dream came true?
29| Pour your heart
30| New family?
31| New roomie
32| UNO reverse
33| Surprise?
34| The cool uncle
35| Finding new friends
36| Blue eyed babies
37| Granny's eye
38| Let's plan

27| Instinct wins

116 22 7
By writer_user

Instinct.

It's a weird thing.

It can lead you to your biggest misery or solve a mystery.

For me, it lead me to my misery. The misery of my being and my heart.

Sakina.

Usually once in two weeks, I face a black out, where I just pass out for more than twelve hours or even a whole day.

Despite having insomnia, my body shuts itself for once in a while.

I get black outs mostly on weekends. So when people go for parties, I choose to sleep, or rather my body chooses too.

Yesterday was supposed to be my black out day, but I couldn't stop worrying about Sakina.

Something kept nagging at the back of brain. I picked up my phone several times to give her a call, but I dropped that idea thinking she might be asleep and it's not a reasonable time to call.

I smoked three packs of cigarettes, which I was trying to fast from the past two days. All wasted in one night.

Although I did texted her to remind her to take a medication, there was still a restlessness in my heart.

Like someone was calling my name and I was unable to answer it.

I don't know what triggered her last night to build her walls up. I didn't said anything which could remind her of our past. Still, I kept replying every single thing I said her through out her visit last night.

We were doing pretty well. But I will never back down. Never.

That's why the first thing I did when I saw the clock hit seven in the morning was take out my car and drive to her house.

Despite thinking of the moral conducts of not calling early in the morning or late in the night, I dial her number through my car's bluetooth system.

I frown as her number shows it's switched off and kept going on voicemail.

I speed up, now a little more desperate to reach out to her.

Maybe her phone battery died or her phone is on sleep mode. It's Saturday. It's a holiday. She must've been sleeping.

In ten minutes, I reach her neighbourhood and park my car along the playground.

As I walk out of the car, I frown noticing a police car parked a little distance from mine.

I walk towards the small lane which leads to her building. My steps falter as I see few police man lingering on the street.

I step back as a hospital van drives past me, the police car parked beside mine, follows it, along with a special forces car which I didn't noticed standing there.

I walk towards the lane and stop beside a man who looked like a resident of the neighbourhood.

"Selam, Abi." I greet him.

He nods. "Selam."

"What's going on? Police? Ambulance?" I ask acting curious.

He claps his head, ready for a gossip. "What do I say, Son! Early morning I hear police sirens, I come out of my house to see them dragging a woman out to a ambulance." He shudders. "She kept screaming so bad. My wife said she heard throughout the whole night. Turns out, it was a serial killer who was locked up in a asylum escaped and hid here. In our neighbourhood out of all places."

"Hid where?" I ask.

He points behind him. "In that building. She was hiding in there, with a knife. No one is injured, by Allah's mercy."

I look at the building he points at and my mouth feels dry.

It's where I dropped Sakina every night. Her building.

"Thank you Abi. Have a good day." I shake his hand and jog towards the building, the door handle is broke open.

I jog inside to the entrance door, I spot two apartments at the ground floor. I have seen Sakina at the ground floor mostly.

I spot her shoes outside which she wears to work and ring the bell.

I ring the bell again. When I hear no bell ringing voice, I press my ear against the door and ring the bell again.

No answer. There must be no electricity.

I knock on the door. "Sakina?"

No answer.

I knock one more time before taking out my car keys and take hold on the copper wire which I moulded in such way that it helps in picking up locks easily.

The door opens and a broom falls off the door handle.

I push it aside and step inside the house.

"Sakina?" I call out.

I reach the living room and find her bag and coat thrown over a couch.

I check the kitchen and it's empty. I go towards the narrow hallway and go towards the room with opened door.

My feet falter as I notice the shards of glass spread over the bed. The window above the bed had both of its glasses shattered and wood frame holding them hanging off its hinges.

I walk inside the room and spot Sakina's phone laying on the bed. A glass shard laying on the top of the phone, the lens of the camera shattered because it.

I pick up her phone and place it in my pocket. I check the door next to the closet, it was a washroom.

I exit the room and look around the empty house.

Where is she?

My eyes fall on the door at the very end of the hallway.

I make my way towards the door and knock on it. "Sakina?"

I try opening the door, finding the door is locked.

I take out the copper wire and turn the lock with it.

As I pull the door, a body falls back.

I kneel down and lift her head on my lap. "Sakina!" I tap her face.

Her face and hairs are drenched in sweat. Her lips move unconsciously as she keeps mumbling something.

I move back the hairs sticking to her forehead and find her body temperature very high.

Last night her body was hot but not this much. It was burning now.

I carefully place her head down and run towards the fridge to retrieve a water bottle. I sit on the floor beside her and guide her body up, supporting her neck with my hand, I take some water in my hand and sprinkle on her face.

Her eyes starts moving and I sprinkle some more water on her face.

"D-Doruk?" She mumbles.

"I am here, sweetheart. I am here." I take the bottle and bring it upto her lips. "Here, drink some water."

I make her drink some water and her eyes start opening slowly.

I wipe away the sweat from her face as she mumbles. "Please find me..."

"I did. I am here." I tap her face. "Open your eyes sweetheart, look I am here."

Her eyes open and I stroke her face softly, coercing her to believe she is conscious.

Her droopy eyes take me in and tears fills her eyes.

A sob tears through her mouth and her arms go around my neck.

"Shh." I rub her back, bringing her body closer to mine. "It's okay. You are safe, sweetheart."

Her tears wet my t-shirt. "I-I was so scared." She sobs.

"You are safe, I promise sweetheart. You are safe. I am here." I kiss on top of her head.

Her cries echo around the house and she clings on my shoulder.

I bring my arms around her back and around the back on her knees, lifting her up in my arms.

She hides her face in my neck and tightens her hold on my shoulders as I carry her out of that goddamn unsafe apartment.

A lady walks inside the gate as I exit her apartment and lock it.

Her eyes widen as she looks at Sakina in my arms.

"What happened to this girl?" She asks horrified.

"How many months are remaining from the lease?" I ask her instead.

She looks confused. "Three?"

I nod, walking out of the gate. "Great. I will clear it and all her stuff would be moved out by tomorrow."

With her in my arms, I walk out of the gates and walk towards my car, ignoring the stares and whispers of the people, including that gossip man's gawk too.

I walk towards my car and balance her in my arms and open the car door.

I carefully lay her down on the seat and strap the belt securely.

Her eyes are closed now and she keeps mumbling something.

I move away the hair from her face, and place a kiss on her forehead.

The frown on her forehead relaxes a bit.

I place my hand on her neck. Her temperature is increasing. I should take actions fast.

I round the car and take my seat before speeding off from that neighbourhood which I hope is for the last time ever.

I keep checking for her pulse and temperature all the way and gave my family doctor a call to be on my apartment urgently.

Breaking all the traffic rules, I speed my way to my apartment and reach in approximately fifteen minutes.

I stop my car in front of the main driveway instead of going in the basement. Which would've taken so much of my time.

I throw my car keys at the security and ask him to park my car.

I take Sakina back in my arms and rush towards the elevator.

Since it's weekend and early in the morning, there are very few people lingering along the reception area.

I rush through the elevator and draw in a restless breath as the elevator takes ages to reach my floor.

Finally after what felt like ages, I reach my floor and press my thumb against the lock and carry her in.

Dr. Ates was standing there in the living room and I lay her down on the couch.

Dr. Ates immediately checks her pulse and blood pressure. "Blood pressure is low."

He examines her by flashing a light in her eyes and takes in her temperature.

My eyes fall on her swollen ankle. "I think she twisted her ankle too."

He examines her ankles too and gives me a list of medications for her fever and pain.

"For now, I will give her a acetaminophen injection which will reduce the fever and relive the pain. And for the ankle, luckily, it's not that severe, she will need a day rest. I will apply a compression bandage on her ankle to elevate the pain."

After wrapping a bandage around her ankle, and giving her a injection, he leaves.

I place a pillow under her head and cover her body with a blanket I keep around.

I would've made her lay on a bed but I don't think she would appreciate it once she gains consciousness or panic seeing she is in an entirely new environment.

I move the curly strands away from her face and check her temperature.

The temperature is coming down but her body still seems hot.

I grab a large bowl from the kitchen and fill it ice water. And grab a clean cloth from the restock drawer which Hilal keeps filling.

I place the first cold water cloth on her forehead and she flinches.

"Sorry, sorry." I whisper, wiping her face with the cloth.

I wipe her face and neck for a while until I check the temperature and find it a little stable.

Moving the cloth from her face, I caress her face and place a kiss on her forehead.

Her lips part and she mumbles unconsciously, "P-pl-lease f-in-d m-e, D-dor-uk."

I grab her hand and caress her knuckles. "I will always find you." I say. "Made a promise, didn't I?" I whisper caressing her face with my knuckles.

"You can always try leaving me, and I will always try finding you." I say giving her knuckles a kiss.

"Always, gold. Always."

********************************************

A/N:-

It's official. They are my favourite couple.

Sorry to Farhan and Ayesha, Yousuf and Mina, Hasnain and Irhaa. 🌞

Vote. Comment. Share. 🩵

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 4.8K 53
First known as destined to be.... __ "Look into my eyes and say the same thing Priya, say that you don't love me anymore" he said clutching my should...
79.3K 2.8K 33
When Cecilia wakes up in a wattpad fantasy novel she's dumbstruck. Knowing the future of her character she tries to be on the good side of King Jaspe...
40.9K 3.5K 50
A writer by passion and a university student, she was everything men wanted in their women but not every family was filled with bustling happiness an...
1.6M 40.7K 55
"You have a choice either choose me or being a mafia" I added hoping that he'll come back with me and if not then I will be the one leaving him this...