Where destiny lead us to

By writer_user

Book #3 of destiny series could be read as stand alone. S A K I N A S A F I :- For me, my sole focus is m... More

Epigraph
Character aesthetics
1| Rise and shine, hedgehog
2| Mr. CEO
3| New life, old me
4| My Cinderella
5| Chocolates and promises
6| What changed
7| Plans
8| Visit to home
9| Shocks
10| My Gold
11| No sleep
12| Wig drama
13| Fake
14| Dad talks
15| With him
16| Jealousy, Jealousy
17| Insomnia
18| The gems collector
19| Red day
21| We used to be crazy in love
22| Prying eyes
23| Gold
24| Humble abode
25| Alone
26| Night scare
27| Instinct wins
28| Dream came true?
29| Pour your heart
30| New family?

20| Promises

224 15 8
By writer_user

13 years old.

It was my birthday yesterday.

And I was not happy. At all.

The main reason of my sadness is my dog Cuddle, he ran away from the house few days ago and just on the day before my birthday, I got to know he came under a car and died.

Dad said he would bring me another dog. But he was not just a dog. He was my friend. He was my companion when I didn't have Sakina.

He was my first ever friend.

And my father said it was not a big deal and I should get over it.

If that didn't spoiled my birthday, then my father forgetting it totally did.

No one except Baba Anne has wished me. And my friend, Sakina.

She somehow managed to bring me a book and pencil and said that I could try drawing.

For her sake, I lifted up a pencil and started mindless doodling, but as my thoughts filtered my mind, I let my mind control my hand and after an hour I had drawn the tree in our backyard where we usually meet to play or talk.

I showed it to Sakina and she was too stunned to say anything.

I chuckle remembering her shocked expressions.

She promised to bring me more papers so she could see me drawing in front of her.

But since she can't get out of her school and go to a stationary, I said to her that I would bring the papers and pencils and all she had do was sit and watch.

I clutch the pencil case in my hand and tip toe around my father's study. He always has drawing sheets around here as he keeps drawing jewellery designs.

I take a few sheets in my hand and hide behind the large curtains as I hear footsteps approaching the study.

The door opens and my father along with his general assistant, Mr. Safi, Sakina's father walks in behind him. Mr. Safi is one of the kindest employee of my dad.

But today he had a very sad expression on his face as he stands in front of my father.

"What did the doctor said?" Dad asks him placing a few wooden boxes on the desk.

"They said he has a disease called sickle cell anaemia." Mr. Safi says with scratchy voice as if cried all the time.

Baba frowns, "Never heard of that disease."

Mr. Safi nods, "It is a rare genetic disease."

Dad nods, "May the almighty give him speedy recovery and good health."

Mr. Safi looks down. "After we went to the doctor you suggested, we got to know about how severe it is. For the past one year, all the other doctors kept repeating he has jaundice."

Baba looks at him with pity, "What are the treatments?"

"Bone marrow transplant." Mr. Safi replies, "They took my daughter's sample yesterday."

I frown. Is that why sakina had to go yesterday? She said her parents are taking her and Aziz out.

"And? What were the results?" Dad asks hopefully.

Mr. Safi looks remorseful, "Only seventeen percent of match was found."

Is that bad?

"Is that harmful?" Dad asks.

Mr. Safi, "It is risky. Doctor suggested for trying for another child."

"That's a good thing then. I've heard a new born baby's bone marrow is good, that could be helpful, Safi."

Mr. Safi shakes his head. "I can't take care of two children. How will I take care of another one? I already took loan from my brother last year."

Dad places his hand on his shoulder, "I will take care of Aziz's treatment. You don't need to worry at all."

Mr. Safi's eyes fills with tears. "Sir. How will I ever repay you?"

Dad shakes his head. "You don't need to. You worked with me when I started my career, became my shadow, shifted your family from Ankara to here. It's the least I could do." He pats Mr. Safi's shoulder, "Now come on, be strong. We have a long way to go."

Mr. Safi cries and holds my father's hands. "You are a diamond sir! A diamond! I will dedicate my whole life praying for you."

They both go out of the study after few minutes and I go out too.

I go in the garden without any fear knowing my mother isn't here anymore. Ever since Baba Anne caught her that day in my room. She left the house and never came back.

No child would say this about their mother, but I am happy she is gone. Atleast I could fall asleep for a few hours when I sleep beside Baba Anne.

Sakina sits below the tree as I approach her. "Hi gold!"

She tries to give a smile but grimaces in pain.

"What's wrong?" I ask sitting beside her.

She shakes her head and touches her lower back. "It is paining here from yesterday."

"Why? What happened? Did you fell?" I ask feeling worried about her.

She shakes her head. "No. The doctor poked something here."

"Doctor..?"

I remember her and mine father's discussing something about bone marrow transplant.

"Does it hurt too much?" I ask her.

She shakes her head. "No. It's fine. It was painful during it, now it's fine."

I grab her hand. "Was it that painful?"

She scrunches her nose. "I am a fighter, remember?"

I chuckle. "That you are, no doubt."

"I heard Anne and baba talk, they say Aziz have some genetic disease." She frowns, "What is that?"

"It is something related to genes." I reply, "I don't know much either."

She sighs. "Do you think my brother would be okay?"

I nod. "He would."

She smiles, "I trust you then."

"That easily?"

She nods. "I love being with you."

I lean against the tree, "Me too."

Her smile dims, "Doruk, would you ever leave me?"

What baba Anne said echoes in my mind. I could never leave her, my best friend. My gold.

I shake my head, "Never. We are friends forever, remember?"

She hesitates, "Why is your grandmother here?"

"She is here to visit me." I reply. "She comes every year. And now that Anne is gone, she is staying for a longer time."

She grabs my hand. "Will she take you with her?"

I frown. "No. Who said that?"

She bites her lips. "No one. I just don't want you to go away from me."

I grab her hand. "I promise I won't leave you, Ever. Even if we grow up, I will never leave you."

"What if I get lost somewhere?" She whispers.

I tap her nose. "Then I will find you every time and remind you of my promise."

She holds up her small finger, "Pinky promise?"

I intwine my finger with her. "Pinky promise."

She laughs and points at the sheets in my hand. "Now come on show me how you draw."

I pinch her cheeks. "As you say, Gold."

She laughs ruffling my hairs. "Do it then, Blue."

I just wish that smile always stays on her face, no matter how strong the storm she is going to face, I trust in my gold to stay strong like the sun.

And I will keep my promise.

*****************************************

A/N:-

Oh how I love childhood best friends to lovers book.

How are we liking the past chapters?

Also I don't think I would be able to update next week because of my final exams. I'll also let you guys know about updating in Ramadan.

Vote. Comment. Share. 🩵

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.8K 1.5K 30
Title: The Imperfect Perfection In the bustling streets of Mumbai, where tradition and modernity collide, two lives intersect unexpectedly. 𝐀𝐝𝐒𝐭�...
490K 15.7K 81
"Why are you naked?" I asked him avoiding the sight in front of me. My face is heating up more now. "Are you sure princess, this is what they call n...
88.9K 3.1K 49
This story will show you how in one minute destiny can be so kind and how next moment destiny can be so cruel. This story is about how a happy family...
40.9K 4.9K 37
*π˜Ύπ™–π™£ π™—π™š π™§π™šπ™–π™™ 𝙖𝙨 π™œπ™šπ™£π™šπ™§π™–π™‘ π™›π™žπ™˜π™©π™žπ™€π™£* Published on: 24th October, 2022 Ended on: β€’ π™’π™π™šπ™£ π™ˆπ™žπ™¨π™¨. π˜Ώπ™€π™˜π™©π™€π™§ π™žπ™¨ π™™π™šπ™¨π™©οΏ½...