WE'LL BE BY YOUR SIDE

Galing kay _ThatSweaterGirl_

Just a book of one shots on our boys. Higit pa

Always There For You
The Tweet
The Big Brother
How Could You Not Realize?!?
I'll Be There For The Highs And Lows
Our Pride
The Heir Prince
101* - 101/10
The Simba to My Mufasa
Adopted Child
WTC RANT(I'm Pissed Sue Me)
The Failed Captain
I don't want to say goodbye
This Team of Clowns
Chaos, Chaos and More Chaos
Irreplaceable
Neighbors
Scaring the Children
The Operation
Perfectly Balanced
THE CELEBRATION
The Year That Should Have Been
Hugs are his love language
The Dream Quartet's Plan Gone Wrong
The Interview
Something about this Ground
Oh How the Night Changes
Just dropping a tweet link. Not an update
They're My Kids
Chaos, Chaos and More Chaos-II
Why Me?!?
I don't want to say goodbye- II
Ink Bois+Inkless Bois
When Did They Grow Up? -I
When Did They Grow Up? - II
This Team❤️
Forehead Kisses
MAXI
Got Your Back
This is how it ends
Just a Link not an update
Ice-creams and Healing
NEW BOOK
First Date(s)?
Ink Bois + Inkless Bois -II (The CrossOver)
Together
A Blast from the Past
Come Back

The Wait Pays Off

1.5K 79 98
Galing kay _ThatSweaterGirl_

A/N: Instagram edits give me false hope and I've been in rotten mood thanks to Man Utd(bastards) they're having a 2019 RCB like season across championships and it's breaking my heart. So here's an OS where in some universe one team in red FINALLY wins something.

Also after 2015 playoffs where we got knocked out by CSK, Virat said this one thing

He wasn't lying about coming back batter the next time. He carried us through all the way in 2016 only to get let down by his team.

(Watto I'm looking at u. We needed some of that 2018 CSK like finish from u. But nahh 20th over went for a toss and then the batting collapse).

IPL-2024 (A/N Let me dream)

For once the boys in red had been performing like a proper team unit for the entire season and Faf was so proud. He and Virat were the ever explosive openers, Rajat at 3, Maxi at 4 and utilizing Will Jacks as their finisher in few games did work out. They had made many bold calls dropping under performing players before the auction and bringing in new, young players who showed promise. Starkey back in their side, they were lethal.

They flew through the group stage with a few hiccups in between, but they looked almost as strong as GT, CSK and MI. With a new management their approach changed from safe and cautious to just playing freely. Of course the first few games it didn't work out instantly but they took their time and they had won almost all their matches. But then came playoffs. Having been 2nd in the table they had to face off the number 1 team GT in the first qualifier.

Their last virtual knock out encounter still haunted them. Virat sitting in the dugout, tears in his eyes, Shubman following in his big brother's footsteps of scoring a century and taking the game away from them. The fanwars, everything, they remembered it like it was yesterday.

Faf and Virat stood in the dressing room balcony staring at the slowly filling Ahmedabad stadium,

"We need to win it today and just get done with it. Too many times have we lost matches coming to Qualifier 2 Faf."

"We'll do it Vi. I know we will."

RCB won the toss and chose to field first putting in GT to bat.

Shubman who was having a great season himself grinned widely watching how even though Faf was captain, both Virat and Faf looked like leaders in that huge stadium. But butterflies fluttered around in his stomach, RCB had been consistent be it chasing or defending and while they were strong and had already beat out RCB once in the league stage they saw how the match came down to the last ball, had Jacks not been dismissed by the point fielder the match was gone, having needed 2 off the last ball and that ball looking ready to travel to the boundary only that one handed stunner could have stopped it.

And he wasn't wrong. Starc ever so lethal with the new ball in powerplay cleaned up their top order scalping 2 wickets and Siraj with 1 wicket for the paltry score of 40-3 by the end of 6 overs. But Shubman built a partnership with Miller and took them to a total of 187. 

Then there was rain, overs were reduced and the match was reduced to 10 overs with a revised target of 96. Faf and Virat opening the partnership, Faf's cameo came to an end at 35(10) while Virat still remained there anchoring it at 7(4) after greeting Hardik with a classic lofted drive in his opening spell. In came Rajat but he had to depart for a mere score of 2(3). The collapse had begun. GT started to celebrate those early wickets. To all their surprise, instead of Maxi walking out to bat it was Will Jacks instead. 

Virat back on strike the dug out could breathe easily. They know how Virat does in rain affected matches in IPL and they were proved right. First ball of the Rashid over and Virat welcomed him with a 6 over long on, and the next two balls were punished for 4s, taking a single Jacks was back on strike and Rashid looked to bowl a googly which was well judged by Jacks and was ramp shot backwards for a six too and smashed another 4 straight past Rashid's outstretched hand on the last ball. RCB were in a great position of 69-2 needing just 27 with enough overs in hand. 

But then came their infamous collapse, Will Jacks got out, they sent in Anuj who ended up running himself out for a duck and then came Maxi when the target was down to 18 needed off 20. First ball he faced he dismissed it from his sight with his signature slog sweep and finished the over with a dot. Virat on strike for the last over. 12 needed off it. Virat looked at his teammates sitting in the dugout, hands over their mouths, some standing, some covering their faces. AB trying not to give away how nervous he looked, taking a deep breath he faced the bowler taking his run up. Almost like it was an out of body experience, he watched the ball come towards him and he sliced his bat through it, he stood his ground, watched it sail straight down the ground, both him and Maxi watched the ball travel miles, miles up in the air and land safely behind the cloaking of the sight screen. Maxi pumped his fist in the air, he watched as Hardik's face fell even more, if anybody knew the kind of trance Virat gets in to during death overs in a run chase, it's Hardik so of course the next ball he wasn't surprised when Virat slog swept the ball for another maximum sealing the win for RCB.

Shubman watched from the boundary line as Maxi and Virat stood in the middle roaring, both with their helmets off, their team rushing towards them as they stood there jumping huddled together, fireworks going off above, "Royal finalists" flashing on the screens as the stadium turned Red, deafening screams of their fans echoing in the air. Shub had to smile watching his big brother finally give that million dollar smile as he and Maxi hugged again and started walking for the team handshakes. 

Virat's smile dimmed a little when he watched the dull eyes of Shub, hauling his baby brother into a hug, he whispered he was proud of him for the fight he up even while losing wickets on the other end. And Shubman just shook his head and sunk into that hug and held on tight for a few moments longer. Vi's teammates waited patiently for him to get done and as a unit entered their dressing room, laughing, teasing and cheering. This was the team fans fell in love with. This was the team who never failed to show unity even in the worst of seasons.

The boys practiced hard, day and night, no stones were left unturned. GT had lost their match against MI in Qualifiers 2 who had beat out CSK in eliminator. Virat was nervous and excited to play against his best friend at the finals, his best friend who had won 5 IPL trophies before.

Rohit was just as excited to face off his best friend at the finals, doubts danced around in his mind if Virat would hate him if he beat them at the finals or will he himself be upset at Virat for beating them. Brushing them off, he went back to strategizing for the finals.

It was the big day. Match at the Chepauk stadium, the home team had come to watch the match too. MS watched as his former teammate walked out for the toss while Rohit waited near the presenters nervously fiddling with the team sheet in his hands. Both teams were busy doing their fielding drills and shadow practicing in the background on either ends of the stadium. MI won the toss and surprisingly chose to bat first. While they had been wonderful with defending scores this season, the southern team had been a force to reckon with while chasing. But then again. RCB had been chasing down scores even in the last season they made it to finals, but couldn't cross the line at the finals.

Game commenced and somehow on that dry, turning track of Chennai, MI found themselves cruising in the first 10 overs for a 114/0.  Rohit and Ishan had taken the pacers and spinners alike to the cleaners and it didn't help that Anuj had dropped a dolly off Ishan in the very first over. Hoff who was playing in place of Wani (who'd been rested because of a niggle) was to bowl the 11th over, the over that could have been considered the turning point in the match.

10.1 Hazlewood to Ishan...TOP EDGE AND GONE! Anuj Rawat makes no mistake this time running in screaming at his teammates to stay back as he takes the catch. Ishan has to depart for 53.

10.3 Hazlewood to Rohit and oh CLOSE VERY CLOSE and it's GIVEN! Trapped front foot! Oh what an over this is turning out to be for RCB! Kohli's pumped up. Maxwell's pumped up. Starc's pumped up! The captain has to depart for 57. Both the openers have now been dismissed in the span of 3 balls.

10.4 Hazlewood to Green FIRST BALL....CAUGHT BEHIND! Rawat was ready! Look how low he was keeping! MUMBAI ARE NOW 115/3. Hoff has run through them like a knife! RCB are back in the game! 

Surya could only watch helplessly from the other end as he was joined by Tilak. Together they took their time and slowly built the innings after that stutter, but even Surya had to depart leaving the scoreboard at 167/4. DB joined Tilak and then the love affair of RCB bowlers and death overs made an appearance and somehow Starc ended up conceding 16 in the 20th over and DB and Tilak walked off undefeated with the target now 208.

As soon as the boys walked back in, Virat looked at AB and laughed sardonically. 

"Everytime I think we're leaving that behind, something or the other reminds me of that day."

Before AB could say something Starc cut in,

"I know I didn't play that season but Vi this time we're all in good form. We're not letting history repeat."

"Look it's not about that. Just we're going to go out there and put up a fight alright? We're not going to let them get the best of us. Promise me we're giving them a fight after everything we've done this season."

He received a chorus of "Sir! Yes sir!"

Faf took over,

"Just hold your nerves together boys. We've been consistent while chasing, and we may have let it slip away in the death overs but it's alright. We got this. Let's go out there and script history. Together."

They formed a huddle of red, black and gold and broke apart cheering.

Like always Faf and Virat wiped the ground with the opposition going all guns blazing in the powerplay, rotated strike beautifully when the spinners came on, and much like MI they went 10 overs for no loss with 125 already on the board. But Virat was still scared, he remembers like it was yesterday how he and Chris were in a similar position and then Chris got out, followed by him, then the collapse, quickly shaking those thoughts away concentrated on the match at hand, Faf was not letting Mumbai's bowlers settle in for even a second either rotating strike or punishing the balls to the fence. 

Another record partnership and this time, they completed 1000 runs as an opening pair in the season, 172/0 for just 15 overs, they could both see Mumbai slowly starting to lose hope, Virat was yet again closing in on a century, Faf at 81, Virat at 88.

First ball of the 16th over, Faf got caught out at the boundary ropes. But with 36 now needed off 30 balls, Virat wasn't tensed at all. Rajat joined him at the crease and with easy grins bumped fists. Virat told him to just be careful and to rotate strike for the next few deliveries and they can attack in death if necessary. 

Virat scored his 12th IPL century at the finals with a six over long off. A knock he'll cherish forever, dugout on their feet, bowing and screaming. Ro looking every bit a proud best friend even though he knew his team was going to lose, Rajat hugging the living daylights out of him. Virat acknowledged the appreciation from the opposition and when his eyes met Ishan's, his eyes softened seeing the kid trying to hold back tears. He quickly and gently hugged the kid sideways and whispered, "It's okay Ishu. We'll talk later okay?"

Ishan nodded forcing a grin on to his face and went back behind the stumps. With just 10 now needed off 15 deliveries, RCB were close, they were real close to tasting that victory. Everybody expected Virat to finish the game off in that over itself, but he chose to defend and block the next 3 deliveries ensuring Rajat was on strike for the next over.

"Bhaiyaa kya yaar? Why didn't you finish it off?"

"Because I want you to finish it off. You saw us through in that must win match and we went to 2nd position because of you Rajat. Finish this off. Make us champions."

19th over, Jassi was to bowl the over, Virat felt a little bad at what was to happen, 

18.1 Bumrah to Patidar, slightly wide off and it's been hammered to the boundary. FOUR! RCB one shot away from scripting history. Chris is here. Holding his breath much like every fan of this franchise in the stadium and back home in Bengaluru. 

18.2 Bumrah to Patidar, what does Bumrah do now, OH a low full toss and that has been banished to the boundary as well. Umpires are checking if the ball touched the ropes....nope one bounce over the fence. 2 runs needed now. The team in red standing at the ropes, arms linked, Virat's standing at the other end with his helmet off. Here we go, what does Patidar do now?

18.3 Bumrah to Patidar AND HE'S LIFTED IT UP! HE HAS LIFTED IT UP! RCB HAVE WON THE IPL 2024!! THE FIREWORKS HAVE BEGUN!! 

Jassi just looked down not able to watch his other big brother charging down the wicket to hug his batting partner. Ro took Jassi into a side hug and they both watched as Virat left his helmet, bat and gloves at the non strikers end and went running to AB who had just sat down on the benches, he ran past his teammates who were running onto the ground and just jumped into his big brother's arms tears streaming down both their faces. 

"We did it. WE DID IT BISCUIT!!"

They held on tight. 16 years of trying and failing and they finally won it. Maxi had ripped the stumps off and was running around the ground like a madman screaming himself hoarse. AB and Virat ran to their team and jumped with them. Faf just crushed Virat into a hug, breathing heavily forcing tears back, he remembers how Virat had cried after they got knocked out in group stage last year, he looked at AB and pulled him into a hug too, those two deserved this more than anyone. 

Maxi initiated a group hug and in the middle of the stadium stood the men in red relishing in that feeling of victory after YEARS, YEARS of coming close and missing out.

The CSK team were ecstatic for their former teammate who was now a victorious captain. Mahi bhai was reminded of the 2014 WT20 semi finals where he had blocked the last ball of the over so Virat could finish the chase off and now Virat did the same so the youngster could finish the game off for them. He felt a little emotional himself watching his kiddo finally lift the damn silverware. He looked to the other side of the ground where a visibly upset Ro was consoling Ishan, Surya, DB and Jassi.

Vi walked towards Ro and gave a hug,

"Good game Ro. You did good."

"Heh. Not as good as you though. Chod. I'm happy for you Vi. Go join your team I know you want to."

Ro jokingly pushed Virat who laughed too.

Virat looked back at his teammates and when he looked up, his eyes widened when his eyes met Mahi bhai's proud eyes, grin widening he waved excitedly in that direction looking like a little child and the camera caught every second of that interaction especially that fond grin MS directed back at that man child. And when the camera panned a little to the right, there was Rutu jumping up and down waving at Faf who was laughing.

The men in red scripted history and now Virat just stood back and soaked it all in. He can walk away from this game and he can fully say he has no regrets anymore.

A/N: This is a scheduled publish. The next OS is in the works and here are not even 1% of the photos I was supposed to spam y'all with, but kindly make do for now. 

Comments make me happy ppl and pls let me live in delulu cause that's the only solulu hoping it becomes trululu

There is something so cold about this.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

38.6K 1.4K 16
MahiRat and RohiRat story. This is my old book which was lost.
81.7K 4.7K 49
Rohirat oneshots series. There will be both bl and friendship oneshots. Top and bottom will be different from one story to another.
21.3K 1.3K 16
One shots of our beloved Indian cricket team, the boys who have our hearts ❤️
23.7K 1.2K 12
This book is about RohiRat friendship.