In the Shadows - Sebastian Sa...

By Miss_Pegasus

Already in the fifth year, the tension between Sebastian Sallow and the new fifth year student was intense. B... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 32

94 2 1
By Miss_Pegasus

It was finally Christmas Eve. Most of the students had travelled to their families over the holidays. I wandered lost in thought through the deserted castle without having an exact destination. The whole castle was festively decorated. Small Christmas trees were everywhere; red bows adorned every pillar and staircase. And here and there, mistletoe hung from the ceiling. Outside the windows, snowflakes danced in the dying light of the winter sun. I stopped and watched the spectacle for a while. My thoughts turned to my parents, who were visiting my aunt in Hammerfest over the holidays. How much snow do they have now? I would have liked to spend Christmas with my family, but the north of Norway was simply too cold for me at this time of year, and I could easily do without meeting my cousin. We've never gotten along well, and when my parents proudly told my aunt about my powers, Emily's hostility toward me only worsened. Since then, I have avoided attending family gatherings where Emily might be.

I sighed and continued to wander aimlessly through the castle. I missed my parents very much, and my heart became heavy. At some point, I would invite them to Hogsmeade. Maybe I'll introduce Sebastian to them, too. The thought of Sebastian being teased by my father made me smile. The two would get along excellent. Before I knew it, I was standing in front of the entrance to the undercroft. I didn't know why my aimless journey had brought me here, yet I felt the urge to climb through the clock. On the way into the undercroft, I heard a quiet sob that stabbed me in the heart. The rattling of the gate startled Sebastian, who had been crouched against a pillar opposite the Pensieve. He eagerly wiped the tears from his face but didn't bother to get up. "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked him and walked towards him. Sebastian shook his head and pulled his knees closer to his chest. The sight put a big lump in my throat. Sighing, I sank on the cold stone floor next to Sebastian and leaned against his shoulder. "It's the first Christmas without Anne," he managed between sniffles. "We've spent every holiday together, and now..." He shook his head and rested it on his knees. I wanted to help him, do something to make him feel better, but I didn't know what. So, somewhat helplessly, I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly. Sobbing quietly, the Slytherin sank into my arms and buried his face in my shoulder. "She hates me, Y/N! My own twin sister hates me." Sebastian's body shook, and I felt the fabric of my sweater slowly becoming soaked. But that didn't matter to me at that moment. All I wanted was for Sebastian to get better. I hugged him tighter as if I could protect him from his feelings. I held him in my arms in silence. Anything I would say would be no comfort. Anne had written in her farewell letter to Sebastian that she loved him but would probably never be able to forgive him for what he had done. And there was nothing to sugarcoat it. Besides, I didn't know Anne enough to speculate whether she might forgive her brother after all. I could only assume that she missed him at least as much as he missed her. I gently pressed a kiss to Sebastian's soft, auburn hair and breathed in the scent of cedar wood deeply.

We sat on the undercroft floor for a while in silence, hugging each other before Sebastian broke away from me. "Sorry. I soaked your shoulder," he mumbled, trying to wipe his tears from my sweater. I stroked his cheek and searched his eyes. "There is nothing to apologize for. Sometimes, you just have to let it out." Sebastian looked at me with wide eyes. Against the red whites of the eyes, the hazel brown appeared much darker. "I miss her, Y/N." "I know," I whispered, fighting back my own tears. I knew how bad it can be to miss someone. But missing a person who you didn't know whether they would ever forgive you, whether you would ever see them again, or whether the person was still alive - that was a completely different story. Sebastian leaned back against the stone pillar again and exhaled deeply. Looking for some comfort for both of us, I rested my head on his shoulder and laced my fingers with his. "Why did you stay anyway?" the Slytherin asked out of nowhere. "Why didn't you betray me? Why did you stick by me?" I stared at Sebastian, taken by surprise. "Because I couldn't," I explained. "The thought of losing you and seeing your face on the front page of the Daily Prophet..." I shook my head. "I wouldn't have endured that, and you wouldn't have deserved it. Maybe it was a little selfish." I shrugged. "But I would do anything to protect the people I love. And you did that, too." Sebastian nodded silently and lowered his gaze. "I know you persuaded Ominis and Anne not to hand me over to the Ministry." My mouth dropped open. "Ominis had thrown it at me in an argument. We argued a lot over the summer," he explained to me. "I... um..." I didn't know how to answer that, let alone react, but Sebastian already did that for me. He gently stroked my cheek and kissed me. "Thank you for being so selfish. I don't deserve you at all." He kissed me again. "You are the best thing that has ever happened to me." My heart skipped a beat. I wanted to tell him how happy he made me, how much I loved him, but I couldn't make a sound. Instead, I gently pressed my lips to his. Sebastian returned my kiss and pulled me onto his lap. Our kiss was passionate, and yet it was different than any before. Instead of being filled with desire and lust, this kiss was filled with trust, vulnerability and love. We kissed not just for pleasure but to show each other how much we meant to each other. The tenderness that Sebastian gave me made my heart beat in a completely new rhythm. I wanted this moment to never end. But Sebastian pulled away from me with a sigh. "Would you mind if we found a more comfortable, warmer place? My butt is getting cold, and I feel like my ass bones are slowly but surely poking through my pants." He gave me a crooked grin. Giggling, I stood up and offered him my hand. "Come on, I know a super comfortable bed calling our names."

The next morning, I woke up cuddled up to Sebastian. I had my face buried in his bare chest. Since our make-out session in the undercroft, he only slept next to me in his underwear. Still, I stayed loyal to my shirt and trousers, even if they were now slightly more revealing. Sebastian was still asleep, and I enjoyed the peace that he radiated in his sleep. His breathing was regular and accompanied by soft snores. I took the opportunity to look at him closely as if I wanted to draw a map of his face later. Every freckle and every curve was burned into my memory. He looked so peaceful and carefree in his sleep. So innocent. A smile spread across my lips, and my heart tumbled. And suddenly, I realized that I wasn't just in love with Sebastian anymore - I loved him. I loved this troublemaker with all my heart and everything I had. And I wanted to spend every second of my life with him. I happily snuggled up against his chest again and enjoyed the warmth and scent that enveloped me like a cosy blanket. My body tingled with joy, and I could have fallen asleep again immediately.

With a low grumble, Sebastian stirred and pressed me closer to his body, eliciting a strangled giggle from me. "Good morning, mo leannan," he murmured into my hair and placed a kiss on my tousled head. "Good morning." I pulled myself out of his embrace just enough to look him in the eyes. "I really need a list of what each pet name means. You just have too many in stock." Smiling gently, I stroked his neck. "Too many?" Sebastian raised an eyebrow. "Or too Gaelic?" "I just want to know what you say to me," I told him, looking at him with big, pleading eyes. Sebastian chuckled to himself. "Okay, if you really want to know." He stroked my cheek with one hand. "Mo leannan means my lover or sweetheart." My heart began to pound. "Chride means heart and ghràdh love. To name just a few examples." Sebastian looked at me questioningly. "Why didn't you ask me sooner?" I shrugged. "I don't know. I thought the question was kind of silly." "Being curious isn't silly. And I'm glad you're interested in Gaelic." I reached up to give him a little kiss. "Well, if you speak Gaelic, that's something. It's pretty sexy, I have to say." Sebastian grinned mischievously at me. "Sexy, huh? Mo bhòidheach, mura biodh fios agad oh cho sexy sa tha thu anns a h-uile dad a nì thu." Oh fuck. I felt incredibly warm. "A-And what does that mean?" Sebastian chuckled. "My beautiful, if you only knew how sexy you are in everything you do." My heart threatened to burst out of my chest. And again, he left me speechless with his words. Sebastian smiled and kissed the tip of my nose. "You're cute when you're speechless. But I want to leave you a little more speechless." He turned around and dug something out of his bag next to the bed. Curious, I sat up. "Close your eyes," he ordered gently, and I did as I was told. I felt Sebastian reach behind me and brush my hair to the side. Then something cold touched my neck. "Okay, open your eyes," he whispered as he sat before me. I opened my eyelids, and my hand automatically went to the necklace Sebastian had put on me. It was kept simple. A silver necklace with a small pendant made of rose quartz, which was cut into a heart shape and entwined with delicate silver tendrils. My breath caught in my throat. The necklace was beautiful. "Merry Christmas," Sebastian breathed. He was right: I really was even more speechless. My mouth was open, and I couldn't make a sound. "The necklace belonged to my mother," Sebastian explained. "My dad gave it to her as an engagement gift, and mum always told me to give it to a special girl one day." And that special girl is me? "She's beautiful, Sebastian. Thank you." Tears of joy gathered in my eyes, and I quickly blinked them away. "My present, on the other hand, is... well." I reached over to my nightstand and took a small package from the drawer, which I shyly held out to Sebastian. With a curious look, he untied the red ribbon and tore open the gold wrapping paper. An emerald green fabric flashed out, and Sebastian freed the loop from the remaining paper. He dropped the scarf onto both his wrists, and suddenly, the material tightened, binding the Slytherin. "Well, if you like bondage play, you could have just told me," he laughed, desperately trying to free himself. Laughing softly and with a bright red head, I shook my head, hooked a finger under the scarf and released Sebastian's cosy bonds. "You shouldn't put it around your hands, but around your neck." I took the scarf from him and put it around his neck. The material pulled together again, covering Sebastian's neck like a second, woolly skin. "I knitted it myself and enchanted it. Then you'll always be warm during Quidditch, and the flapping ends won't bother you," I explained. The hazel eyes in front of me sparkled. "It's great! Thank you." Sebastian kissed me. "Not only are you pretty and talented, but you're also brilliant." We kissed again before getting ready for breakfast and heading towards the Great Hall.

In the entrance to the Great Hall, a bit of mistletoe hung from the ceiling, and Sebastian pulled me under it. "You know the tradition." He gave me a wry grin and wrapped an arm around my waist. Our lips met and moved together in a slow, tender rhythm. "Sallow and Y/LN are sitting in a tree, K I S S I N G!" Peeves' childish singsong made us jump. "Damn right, Peeves," Sebastian shouted proudly after the poltergeist, who was already giggling and moving on. "And I can't get enough of it," the Slytherin whispered. A slight warmth spread across my cheeks, and I caught Sebastian in another loving kiss, which he immediately returned. Grinning, we broke apart and entered the Great Hall hand in hand.

There were four huge, magnificently decorated Christmas trees on the walls, each with one of the houses' heraldic animals at the top, one shining brighter. The tables were only sparsely occupied. Snow fell from the enchanted ceiling and disappeared halfway down. We approached Natty and Ominis, who were chatting animatedly at one of the tables about Christmas traditions in other countries. "And in Scandinavia, a block of wood, the Christ log, is decorated and treated like a family member until it is thrown into the fireplace on Christmas Eve. The ashes then stay in the fireplace until Epiphany and are scattered on the fields to bless the harvest," said Natty to Ominis, who listened attentively. "That sounds pretty macabre," I intervened and sat on the bench next to Natty. Sebastian took a seat opposite me next to Ominis. "Yes, that's right. But we found that every culture has disturbing customs." Natty smiled at me, and her eyes fell on the necklace around my neck. "Oh, what is that?" "A Christmas present," I replied, giving Sebastian a tender smile across the table. "Is that a rose quartz? Good gracious! Sebastian, you old romantic!" I looked at Natty, confused, and she explained: "The rose quartz stands for unconditional love." My eyes became big, and my face became hot. Sebastian reached across the table for my hand. "Now you know why my father gave the necklace to my mother and why I should give it away later. Why I gave it to you." "Damn, you really are an old romantic," I breathed. "It's hard to believe, but you also seem to make good decisions, Sebastian. Congratulations on that," Ominis teased his best friend and received an elbow bump in response. "Becoming friends with you wasn't one of them," Sebastian teased back. Shaking my head, I helped myself to the breakfast buffet.

The screeching of several owls drew our attention to the small flock flying in through a small window. The owls dropped letters and packages wrapped in colourful papers into their owners' hands. My owl also dropped a small box over me, and I was more than happy. This must be from Mum and Dad. And sure enough, I could see my mother's neat handwriting on the envelope tied to the package. Curious, I read the letter, a jumble of two manuscripts.

Our

My dearest daughter, (We only have one.)

We hope you are doing well and enjoying your days off from school with your friends. We were very happy about your gifts, thank you. Your father has actually already eaten half the bag of these wine gums. (But they are soo delicious.)

How are things going with the boy you wrote to us about? Sebastian? Does he treat you well? We would like to get to know him. (And then I'll tell him a few bars! He can hear something about him just kissing my little princess!)

By the way, Emily asked about you. I told her that you are now going with Sebastian and like it so much at Hogwarts. No wonder if there are such cute boys there, right? (What does that mean? Your mother writes something like that while her cute husband sits beside her?!)

I hope that the package reaches you safely. I thought of you as soon as I saw it.

We wish you a Merry Christmas and look forward to being able to hug you again soon.

Mom and Dad

I smiled, put the letter aside, and opened the package. The comments are typical of Dad. Inside the box was a snow globe wrapped in more paper. I've always had a thing for snow globes, and this one was lovely. In the small glass dome was a moose in the middle of a forest, and when I shook the ball, the figure was standing in the middle of an artificial snow flurry. With a smile, I placed the snow globe on the table and turned to the rest of the package. There were a few packages of sweets from Norway. A little caramel chocolate, chocolate with salt and liquorice bears. I could practically see my father strolling through the shelves of snacks with his eyes shining and wanting to grab everything if my mother hadn't stopped him. "From your parents?" Sebastian asked me and looked at the snow globe on the table with fascination. "Yes," I replied. "They're currently in Norway visiting my aunt." "And why aren't you there with them?" Ominis asked, and I flinched at the thought of Emily. "You have your problems with relatives; I have mine," I half-avoided his question, and Ominis nodded understandingly. I put the gift back together and ate my toast.

After a leisurely breakfast with a relaxed atmosphere, Sebastian and I walked across the snow-covered school grounds. As we walked past the dragon-shaped bush, Sebastian suddenly stopped. "I wanted to ask you something else." I stumbled to a stop and turned to him. The brunette took a step towards me and took my hands in his. He took a breath and then looked deep into my eyes. "The last few weeks with you have been incredible, and I am over the moon. I still can't believe I'm so lucky." My heart was pounding. "I don't just want to go out with you. I want to be with you properly, be your boyfriend, call you my girlfriend." My knees went weak, and my heart threatened to jump out of my chest. Without waiting for further words from Sebastian, I threw myself towards him and kissed him. "I would love to be your girlfriend," I whispered between kisses. Sebastian grinned against my lips and pulled me close to him by the waist. As if on cue, it started to snow, and the flakes enveloped us in our own little romantic snow globe scenery.

~~~~~~~~~~~

How much of an emotional rollercoaster was it for you?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

226 38 13
A fanfic of Hogwarts Legacy. This is a story of a romance between Sebastian Sallow x MC. The MC will be based on my hufflepuff OC, April Berrycloth...
122K 2.5K 89
Olive is distraught after the events of her first year attending Hogwarts. Just when she thought things were returning to normal, she is faced with h...
30.7K 1.2K 27
When Sebastian Sallow ghosted Jasmine Malfoy at the end of their fifth year at Hogwarts, she was left confused and heartbroken. Years later, she find...
17.1K 735 51
Y/n Evans spent the entire fifth year saving the wizarding world. She quickly became the hero of Hogwarts and was admired by nearly everyone. Everyon...