To my Dearest Friend

By dyslectic_demigod

Out of mind out of sight? Is that something that's true, Yves hopes it's not. When his best friend moves away... More

Yves playlist
Acknowledgments
Foreword
intro
first letter
The characters
I miss you already
Pearls
Be happy for me
the rush of being known
Rain
Friday
Naivety
Absinthe
Opera
Another opera
Headache
Black and blue
Cello
You have to start somewhere
Dying
Why
Walk away
You know too much
Your dearest friend?
Perception
Still not sure
Dancing
My son
Reading
Fix it
An unlikely pair
Childhood
Roses
Stranger
Icarion
Dancing
Beauty
Numb
A letter that will never be sent
A crude decision
Lying
I'm sorry
dramatic, bland and tasteless
The parents
apologies and the dreadful past
Are you afraid
A glimpse into the beginning
My family
My other family
wishing, wondering and realizations
Paris
please be mad at me
why do you make me hate myself?
beautiful demise
We are friends, right?
doubters, lovers and sinners
My cyril and the last step
pretense, masks and silence
my beloved
Regret
Suffocating
My angel and my memories
Vienna and old friends
Another glimpse into our world
I don't understand
the grief of not understanding
My worries, guilt and prayer
How to forgive
A special treat for my readers
Part two of the treat
Katherina
oh so cold
my old friend
Are you a romantic
weighing down
imaginary
Arrival
A song and breathing
Giving up
Home again and a goodbye
Close the curtains
Ghosts of silence
the duty of silence
Was it ever easy?
Slippery faith
The courtyard heartbreak
you are stubborn
We meet again but we are not the same anymore
Harbouring hearts
the vows of an unintentional liar
not love, just care
How much?
Do we want to be in France?
a necklace of roses
My last letters
Epilogue
to my dearest readers

Memories

21 6 15
By dyslectic_demigod

We're sitting in the train to Paris. It transports me back to my time here with Yves. I smile as I look at the passing land of France. I look at Émile, he closed his eyes, he's probably trying to sleep. I smile and softly and gently touch a curl that is hanging in front of his eyes. He opens his eyes and smiles. I smile, there's a knot in my stomach. I feel a familiar weight on my shoulder. Tears appear in my eyes. I won't be okay. I feel my breath stop but I try not to show it. Émile falls asleep. It feels like my world, that has been so full of light for the last few week is suddenly darkened by an extremely frightening could. I don't want this, I grab my Rosary. I begin to pray, save me, save me.

I feel numb as Émile drops me at my apartment. I enter, on the drawer there's a letter from Yves. Oh no, I didn't think of that. I should have said I was not here. I feel my tears fall onto my carpet and I long for the comforting touch of Yves, every time the black cloud would return he'd be there for me, even when I said the worst things to him. He always seemed to forgive me, He would help me. He helped to get through the worst times, and he would still be there in the good ones. He never abandoned me, he was always there, reciting the poem hope is the thing with feathers. Over and over till I would breathe normally again, time and time again, he would sit next to the bed whispering things to keep me alive. I don't get myself, why am I commiting to somebody who is not the one I dream of? I do not get myself, why do I make decisions like this?

I open the letter.

It's very clear that I've hurt him deeply, I see he is willing to continue the friendship we have but does not want to fix it, I get it, I hurt him once, who said I won't hurt him again? But it still stings. It is still apparent he has feelings for me, even when he's trying to deny it. I shake my head, don't think that way Cyril. I read the rest of the letter, I'm nervous as he explains the problem with his father. He got hurt, when was this, did he tell me immediately. Why is Akiva suddenly friends with him? he wants my opinion, am I qualified to give him my opinion? Why does he need it?

But anyway, I read on and feel my breath stop, he's coming to Paris....

My Dearest Yves,

You will never be a total  stranger to me. We've been through too much to even think we would ever go back to being strangers. I will accept that you do not feel the need to mend everything. Altough it does hurt me, as it does with you.

you will always have my support, I hope you know that, I admire your courage to tell me after all this time. It hurts to hear it nonetheless, I think you deserve a lot Yves, that includes a good relationship with your father, My advice in this Yves. Do not rush but do put in effort. We never know if he is really trying to better his life and than you might have a father to be proud of. Tha would be great would it not be?

I must apologise for not sending you a letter the last few days. I should have let you know I was not residing in Paris currently. I was at Émile's family chateau. It was beautiful, I'm sure you have been there. I saw a portrait of your father and émiles father. I must say you look a lot like your father. You probably don't want to hear that right now but regardless. You could be his twin. 

But all of that aside, my Yves, I would love to welcome you here in Paris, I'm happy to show you around and I'm also very happy to welcome Akiva with you. I would love you to meet some of my new friends.

Your dearest, your rain,

Cyril Courtenay

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.8K 4.4K 32
❝ɪᴛ'ꜱ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ ᴡʜʏ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ꜰɪɢᴜʀᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀʀᴛ ᴏᴜᴛ?❞ ----------- Viktor Nikiforov falls in love with a boy he met online. What he doesnt...
216K 4.2K 12
"We've been best friends for fourteen years. Did you really think I wouldn't notice? I can see it... in your eyes. Your smile never reaches your eyes...
744 71 13
two past lovers, reunited inside a train to Abandoned Liebetown. While Lucas Campbell who remembers the details of his Previous life like the back of...
To Zion By c

Romance

218K 13.1K 31
When a paper airplane, containing a confession of feelings for him, hits the back of Zion's head, his whole school year is suddenly turned into a que...