You know too much

I am waiting for Charles, lavender and Akiva. We will meet here in Regent park. I'm sitting on a bench looking at the pond. I used to sit here a lot with Cyril. 'Good Evening' Meier says. I smile and stand up to shake his hand. 'Charles isn't known for his punctuality is he?' he says chuckling as we sit down again. I nod. 'never been, will never be, cigarette?'  'Not very beneficial for my and most people's health.' 'Really?' he nods. 'I also would not smo smoke after a hemopneumothorax, but that's just my personal opinion' I laugh and put my cigarette case back in my pocket. 'Can I ask you something sir Meier?' He nods 'Do you prefer Malachi or Akiva?" 'Akiva in private settings, malachi in public.' I nod. 'People of the Jewish faith are still scarce in the higher parts of society. so as if my last name isn't enough I use a name that's also prominent in the bible.' I nod. 'You and Cyril were very close right?' 'Indeed we were.' 'Shame he left, I have always had a particular struggle with getting friends quite as close as you two. But you two were..' He stops and looks at me. I lift my hand in agreement. We both know what he means. He knows what Oxford was like. Charles finally arrive. 'Finally' Akiva exclaims. I chuckle at his lack of inhibitions. I kiss Lavenders hand an hug Charles.

We walk towards the Holborn restaurant. 'Yves you know women are not particularly welcome there?' Charles says. 'Everybody's welcome for the right price.' 'Are you sure Yves?' Akiva asks. 'Trust me Malachi.' We enter the restaurant. 'Name?' the staff asks 'Montague.' He looks up. 'Welcome Lord, I must inform you ladies are not part of our usual public.' I smile. 'Well, you're in luck because we're not your usual public.' he nods and leads us to the table. Lavender sits down. 'How exciting that was.' 'Well Lavender there are women who do that on a daily basis. Maybe you should read some books on suffrage and féminisme.' Akiva laughs. 'I don't know if Charles would be happy about that.' 'If it makes her happy.' Charles answers. Lavender grabs his hand and softly squeezes it. I smile, Cyril used to do that. I notice Akiva's puzzled stare directed toward me. 'You know a lot Yves.' 'Not as much as I would like to and not nearly enough to understand this world.' he shakes his head. 'No, you know too much Yves' 

I'm puzzled by this response but the look on akiva's face makes me believe it instantly.

I say goodbye to Akiva, Charles and lavender and walk home. Tonight is one of the few evenings in a while that I am completely sober. Well, apart from the wine I had with dinner but that was one glass. I arrive home. I lock the door and on the dresser lays a letter from France. I grab it but I'm too tired to open it. I finally feel okay I don't need my mood to be ruined by the person I love most in this world. And still as I'm reading feel the letter I slowly get distracted by the presence of the lett letter. I sigh and grab the letter. I rip it open

Sorry for the short chapters it's for aesthetic reasons