Secret Angel

By anonymously_unknown_

Long ago, when Lilian was only a baby, a dying guardian angel came upon her. She bestowed Lily with her power... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 20
Chapter 21- Doctor's Appointment
Chapter 22- Suspicion
Chapter 23 - Meeting the Family
Chapter 24 - Full Moon
Chapter 25-Crazy Day
Chapter 26- First Step in Mating
Chapter 27- Love is in the air
Chapter 28- Beach Day
Chapter 29-Pretty Eventful Day
Chapter 30-Desperate times call for desperate measures
Chapter 31- Drews Perspective
Chapter 32- Answers and Miracles
Chapter 33- More questions
Chapter 34-Coming Home
Chapter 35- Progress
Chapter 36-Comforting Friends
Chapter 37- I have a plan
Chapter 38- His Reaction
Chapter 39-Changing Things
Chapter 40- The time has come
Chapter 41- Confrontation
Chapter 42-Hospital Drama
Chapter 43- True Feelings
Chapter 44- Unexpected things
Chapter 45- Losts and Support
Chapter 46- Late Afternoon
Chapter 47-Training
Chapter 48- The Big Date
Chapter 49- My Angel, My Protector
Chapter 50- Something fishy
Chapter 51-Relationship Goals
Chapter 53- Girl Power
Chapter 54- Strategy
Chapter 55- Rocky Waters
Chapter 56- Relationship Problems
Chapter 57- I need Drew
Chapter 58-My Hell
Chapter 59- Left with Our Thoughts
Chapter 60-Survival
Chapter 61-One Found
Chapter 62- Minor Setback
Chapter 63-Numb
Chapter 64-Desperation
Chapter 65- Let the Storm Come
Chapter 66-Too Late
fan art
Chapter 67-Hanging on by a Tread
Chapter 68-A Promise
Chapter 69-Process
Chapter 70-One Step Closer
Chapter 71-Blissful

Chapter 52-What the...?

27.5K 1.2K 66
By anonymously_unknown_

Lily's Pov:

I woke to soft snores that belonged to my beloved mate.

I laid in bed, waiting to open my eyes so my senses could wake up first.

Once I finally opened them, I began to softly pull away from Drews strong hold.

He struggled to let go, but I was taking my time, and eventually I got out of his secure grip without waking him.

I tip-toed out of the room,and went to Callie and I's closet to change into my working-out clothes.

I slipped on my exercise clothing: nikee shoes, cypress leggings, and a sports bra.

I made sure to grab my phone from the kitchen counter, before walking into the livingroom, and finding a used pillow and blanket laid out oon one of the couches.

Drew.

It was 8:40 a.m.. So, I am guessing that everyone is still sound asleep.

I don't even know why I am awake; to be honest. I just woke up, and felt the need to move.

I plugged in my headphones on the way to the door and ran out.

I was running toward the main, rugged road, and then entered the glorious forest.

The woods were silent. I could still hear the sound of crickets, and birds chirping after a long nights sleep.

Fog was still around, causing me to barely see my feet as I ran.

The grass was still filled with early morning moisture.

I could feel a cool breeze hit my skin, making me run faster.

I was at peace.

Finally, at peace.

Not worrying about the pack or the guilt eating me alive from my identity.

Drews forgiveness meant the whole world to me; I just didn't know I would have a broken heart in the process, but it was worth it.

I was about to turn to go a different direction, but then, all of a sudden; I was pushed to the ground by a hard body.

My angel reflexes immediately responded; by lighting my body on fire, and making a giant root, tangle around my ambusher, holding whoever he or she is in place.

I rolled onto my back, and looked into the eyes of my attacker.

"Leo!" I yelled, moving my arm down, causing the root to put him back on his feet and then laying out my palm, released him from my hold.

Leo fell to the ground with a thud on all fours.

I got back to my feet, brushing off dirt from the dusty road.

It took Leo a few minutes to catch his breath.

I don't know if it's because he had been running, or he was just in shock at how fast I fought back.

He looked to his arms, rubbing them.

I studied them, and saw blistering skin and bruises.

"Here." I said, calmly. "Let me fix you up, while you explain."

Leo nodded.

We ended up walking deeper into the high trees, and planting a seat on a log, that I gracefully took to the moisture off so we wouldn't get wet.

"Were you always this fast?" Leo asked, once I started healing his arms.

I laughed, and nodded. "Since I can remember." I said.

Leo gave me a grin and shook his head.

"Why are you out here?" He asked.

Oh, so that's why you tackled me.

"I could ask you the same question." I teased, but Leo lost his grin, so I knew this was serious. I sighed in defeat, and grabbing his other blistering arm, after successfully healing the other.

I sighed in defeat and said simply, "I was going for a run."

Leo gave me the 'duh' look and was obviously telling me to cut to the chase with his slightly annoyed green eyes, bugging into mine.

"Because..." I said, finishing my sentence. "My jerk of a mate decided to put me in a cramped safe all day yesterday." I finshed.

Leo nodded his head, and by that time, I was finished healing up his wounds.

He chuckled, and replied, "Ah! He's still in the dog house then, huh?" He asked, while standing up and started walking back toward the road with me trailing along.

"No, he got out." I explained, putting my hands behind my back, bashfully.

"Make-up sex is always the answer." Leo said smirking and winking in my direction, causing me to blush madly.

"How long did it take him to realize that was the solution?" Leo asked, while wiggling his eyebrows, making me laugh and shade a deeper red.

"He came in around 3." I replied.

And that made Leo burst into laughter.

I waited for him to reply, totally confused as to why this is so hilarious.

Leo caught his breath, after about five minutes of laughter, but I didn't mind, because we made it back to the main road.

"Man, he can lead a pack of wolves by himself like a snap of the fingers, but in the relationship department it takes him a couple hours." Leo explained, and then laughing once again, and this time I joined in.

"So what about you?" I asked after our laughs died down, and were walking down the road, toward our home.

"Me?" Leo asked mostly calmly, but I could tell he was nervous, somehow.

"Leo, cut the slack." I said blankly and a little demanding if I do say so myself.

"Fine, fine." He said, brushing the back of his neck with aggression. He took a breath out of frustration. "I was running the border twice for preservation." He explained slowly, but I could tell he was being cautious of what he said.

"Preservation?" I asked aloud. "Protection over what?"

"Beats me." Leo lied quickly, and then began to start jogging up the street. "Beat uou back!" He challenged, changing the subject, oddly quick.

I huffed in frustration, and ran back to the house, not caring if I left Leo behind.

I needed to find Drew, and ask what was going on.

Why would we need extra precautions?

They defeated the rogues, what couod have been more troubling than that?

I ran through the front door, and was grabbed securely into a pair of warm arms wrapping around me.

Drew.

I looked up to see his eyes closed; his tight grip locking me in place.

"Drew, what's going on?" I asked confused and angry for not being aware of precautions.

"What?" He asked, opening his eyes so they could meet mine. "What are you talking about?"

"Leo just ambushed me in the woods; why?" I asked.

"Lil, what are you doing in the woods?" He asked, letting go of me, staring me down, looking almost disappointed like a dad would be.

"I was going for a run, thank you very much." I snapped lightly, tired of distractions.

Drew sighed and put his hands on my shoulders, staring straight in the eyes.

"Lily, do not go back into those woods alone, ever again." He said, almost demanding me.

As soon as those words processed through my mind; I was shocked.

My eyebrows were raised; eyes wide.

"Promise me you won't." He asked of me. His whole body language read that this was serious, and he needed me to listen.

"Promise." I said, alittle hurt he didn't think I was capable of protecting myself.

And then I left. I sadly walked away from him, and into my closet. The only room I know he won't bother me.

I sat up against the window, contemplating this morning.

It took me a hour to ask myself two questions:

What the hell just happened?

What is he hiding?

************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 628 23
She had lived a life that wasn't her own. Every decision was made for her. At the end of the day though, she was still the one with the blood on her...
553 76 34
Lily has always thought that there was something different about herself. She knows she is human but has always wondered what it is that makes her di...
55 6 13
Betrayed and sold by the ones she trusted the most, Selena struggles with many regrets till the bitter horrible end. Given a chance by the moon godde...
366K 10.1K 32
Pain was all she knew. And if happiness was what she was seeking, she has to uncover her hidden past and her dark secrets to achieve her goal. Will s...