A Marauders' Daughter

By Chapter1991

When a four-year-old girl with black wavy hair appeared alone on Remus's doorstep, he takes drastic actions... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81

31

555 19 11
By Chapter1991

It was over a week ago that Harry and I went flying on his firebolt. It had been an exhilarating experience, to say the least. Both of us didn't mention to Ron I flew on it before him because we knew he could get petty about it. The bright side was that Ron started to talk to Hermione again. Hermione had seen Harry and I walk back in the castle that night, both flushed from the cool air. I had seen her frown and utter a quick excuse before leaving us in the corridor. Harry looked confused at her retreating back but shrugged it off as she always went to the library.

We were now celebrating the win of the quidditch match in the Gryffindor common room. With Harry's new broom and the lack of dementors, they won easily, and the party was now in full swing. I had been sitting with Nott at the game, he kissed me passionately before he told me to go ahead and go celebrate with my friends. I kissed him again before I headed to the stairs of the bleachers, not before Emmett playfully slapped my ass. I looked over my shoulder with a scrunched-up nose, but he just smirked and winked at me. I turned around with a smile and headed to my lion friends.

I was sitting on a chair in the corner as people danced and talked around me. My eyes were fixed on the ginger cat as it tried to go up the boys' dormitories. Trying to get Scabbers/Wormtail/Pettigrew, whatever. But to no avail, most of the Gryffindors had ganged up on the cat and stood in front of the staircase so he couldn't pass. Ron had been saying for weeks now that Crookshanks had eaten him. But if that was true, why was the cat still trying to get into the boys' dormitories? My eyes went up the stairs, but I didn't have an excuse to go up the boys' dormitories now, did I?

"You're cute when you frown." I looked up to see George leaning against the wall next to me, an easy-going grin on his face. "Why does the boys' dormitory hold your interest?"

"It doesn't." I shrugged. "I was just making sure Crooks doesn't get a chance to get up there." I pointed at the cat, who seemed to scowl at the students.

"Instead of worrying about the cat." He said pushing himself off the wall and coming to stand in my line of sight. "Maybe you should focus your attention on me."

"On you?" I grinned with a quirked eyebrow.

"Uhu." He nodded with a lopsided grin. He bowed and held out his hand. "Would you do me the honour of dancing with me, miss Lupin-Black?"

I smiled up at him as I took his hand, he helped me up and led me to the spot that was reserved for dancing. Just as we reached the spot, a slow song went on. I saw George giving a nod behind me and I turned to see Lee grin at George. I looked back to George before he would see I noticed the exchange. George wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me close. My arms went around his neck as we danced.

"You played great today." I said as I looked up to him. George found my eyes quickly, a lopsided grin in place.

"I always play great." I slapped a hand against his chest as I shook my head laughing. "Ouch."

"You're too cocky."

"I'm a Weasley twin after all." He shrugged with the same grin. He took the hand that still rested on his chest and twirled me around, leading me back against him. "You're a good dancer."

"I'm good at everything." I grinned a Chesire grin at him. "Except tying my freaking tie."

"And you say I'm cocky." He huffed with a laugh. "This is nice." He said as I leaned my head against his chest. I hummed in response; this was nice. This was safe and sweet and from the moment one of the twins had their arms around me, I felt... calm and knew that accepted me for me. With my head leaning on his chest, I could see Fred standing a few meters away from us. He was dancing with one of the fourth-year Gryffindors.

"It seems Fred took my advice." I looked from Fred up to George. George frowned a little, not understanding and followed my gaze to his twin.

"Hm." He hummed. "Maybe."

"Thanks for your help yesterday, at the duelling club." I asked when he looked back at me.

"How can I pass up on an opportunity to duel you, even if you wiped the floor with me." He grinned.

"I didn't wipe the floor with you. You have a special way of duelling, the spells you use are unconventional. Which is a good thing." I added quickly as he frowned. "You take your opponent by surprise. You took me by surprise, almost won because of that. Almost." I grinned as he looked at me with sparkled eyes. "Next time, I'm prepared."

"Can't wait." The song ended and we parted a little. When we turned to get a drink, we saw Fred kissing the girl he was dancing with. I grinned at the pair, but when I looked to George, he was frowning.

"What's wrong? Did you like her?" I asked worried.

"No." He shook his head. "It's nothing. Want something to drink?"

"Lead the way." I smiled up at him and he wrapped his arm around my waist and guided me through the crowd. After we got our drinks, he led me to a wall, and we leaned against it as we looked around the room.

Angelina and Lee were whispering and giggling in the corner where Lee was playing the music. Fred was still snogging the daylights out of the girl, while I saw Hermione sitting with Ginny, her eyes darting over to Harry. Harry and Ron were talking to other girls from their year, a girl with blonde hair, threw her hair over her shoulder as she giggled at something Harry said.

"Give me a minute." I said to George, who nodded, and his eyes followed me as I weaved through the crowd.

"Hey, Harry."

"Hi, Alec." His smile was wide and the two girls pursed their lips as I interrupted their obvious and bad flirting. I looped my arm through his.

"Can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Yeah, sure." He smiled at the furious girls and followed me. "What's up?"

"I think there is someone who wants to dance with you."

"If it's you, you can just ask." He teased.

"It's not me, silly." And I saw he deflated a little. "Hermione."

"Hermione?" He repeated and looked to the spot she was sitting at. Hermione had been watching us and ducked her head quickly. I smiled at the fact Harry knew exactly where she was sitting in the crowded common room. " You've been kind of a dick to her because of the broom. She's one of your best friends. You shouldn't let Ron talk to her like that. You don't pick sides, Harry."

"I've talked to her, and what about Ron?"

"You started talking to her after I told you off. And Ron, you and I both know it won't be a good idea for her to talk to him, let alone dance." I shook my head with a frown, knowing the cat and rat would come up and a fight would break out. "So, dance with her."

"What if she says no."

"She won't." I turned him as I placed my hands on his shoulders. "Now, go." I nudged him forward.

As Harry was slowly walking to Hermione, I walked back to George, my eyes on Harry. I saw Harry's ears turn red as he talked to Hermione. Hermione herself blushed fiercely but nodded and they walked to the dance floor together. I gestured to Lee, and when he found me, I made some hand gestures in the hope he would understand, which he did. He nodded and the music turned into a slow song. With trembling hands, Harry took her waist, while Hermione's hands went around his neck. With a smug grin, I leaned back against the wall.

"Playing matchmaker, are you?" George chuckled.

"A little." I shrugged and looked at George with a grin.

He took me in for a moment before he blurted out. "You know Harry likes you, don't you?"

"It's a silly crush." I waved him off. "He likes Hermione, he just doesn't realize it just yet."

"How do you know?" He asked looking at the slow-dancing duo.

"He knows where she is at all times, he can't help but smile when he hears her laughing. He tucks her in when she falls asleep in the common room. Little things you know. I don't know if it will turn into something real though, they are still so young. It could be just his first innocent crush."

"Huh." He said still looking at the two. "What about me?" He asked, his gaze intense as he looked at me.

"It's different with you and Fred." I titled my head to the side. "You two flirt on a daily basis, it's just who you are. But it makes it difficult to see who you really like."

"Never really thought about it like that. I know we flirt, but I thought it was different with a girl we liked."

"Is there someone now?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. "Because I can keep an eye out, to see if you're acting any different."

"No, no." he spluttered, waving his hands in front of him.

"Alright." I chuckled and glanced at my watch. "I got to go." I almost laughed at George's pouting look. "I promised my uncle I would be back in time. Unlike you guys, I have someone who will notice if I'm out late. Does McGonagall even come by here?"

"Only if it gets out of hand." He grinned and walked me to the portrait. The portrait flew open, and a cold gush of wind shot a shiver down my spine. "Goodnight, Alec." George tucked a lock of hair behind my ear and leaned down to kiss me on the cheek.

"Night, George." I smiled up at him. With a smile of his own, he walked back in the loud common room. The noise drowned out the moment the portrait door closed again.

I was walking back to my own chambers. The corridors were lit with only a few candles, it was quiet except for the sound of my own footsteps. When I rounded another corner, I saw Emmett doing his nightly rounds with a prefect girl from Slytherin. The girl was giggling at something he said, and I stopped to look at the interaction, curious to see what he would do. The girl put her hand on his arm with a smile. But Emmett didn't seem fazed by it. He took a step backwards, her hand dropped from his arm.

"Why don't you patrol the third floor, Liza." He said, his voice cold.

"I already checked it."

"Again." He put it simply. The girl, named Liza, frowned but stomped up the staircase. I waited until the girl was out of sight and earshot. I walked closer to Emmett who had his back towards me as he continued his patrolling. I followed him silently with a grin on my face. It wasn't until five minutes had passed, that he sensed there was someone in the corridor with him. I could see his shoulders tense, and I leaned against the wall casually. "Who's there?"

"Who's where?" I whispered, and he turned around so fast that I thought I had imagined it. His eyes searched the corridor until they finally landed on me. He lowered his wand and walked over with a grin. He leaned his arm just above my head as he looked at me hungrily. "Hi."

He didn't respond with words, he just slammed his lips against mine, his arm curled around my waist pulling me off the wall and closer to him. I bit the bottom of his lip before I asked for entrance. He obliged in an instant before I pulled back. "Cupboard?" He asked with a gruff voice, and with my nod, he pulled me to the nearest cupboard.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

349K 11.3K 24
Annabelle Malfoy is going into her third year at Hogwarts. Annabelle has always felt the odd one in the family. Probably because she was adopted. She...
723K 28K 154
#1 RemusLupin Tag (07.07.19) COMPLETED (21.03.23) Artemis Black struggles to understand and recognise true signs of love and acceptance, never exper...
894K 21.8K 133
"𝐖𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈 𝐥𝗼𝗼𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝗼 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆, 𝐈 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 - 𝑰 𝒌𝒏𝒆𝒘." ϟ Selene Black is the younger and only sister of Sirius Black, born...
145K 3.6K 54
Lalia Black lives with her father Remus at his home, where he has taught her. The only other people she sees are her cousins, who do not get along wi...