Bound to My Billionaire Boss

By MercyAkodegbe

"I love you!" He screamed and a sob escaped her lips. "I love you Rosie...from that day-" he took a step and... More

Chapter 1- First day at work
Chapter 2-Heartwarming handshake
Chapter 3- He knew a lot
Chapter 4- Sophia's threat
Chapter 5- Clumsy?
Chapter 6- Her mum took a loan
Chapter 7- Fear
Chapter 8- Haunted memory
Chapter 9- Fired
Chapter 10- A wrong kiss with feelings
Chapter 11- Cravings and feelings
Chapter 12- Affection and care
Chapter 13- Salary ahead on a condition
Chapter 14-A visit to Italy (emotions)
Chapter 15- A step into feelings
Chapter 16-Took her as his date
Chapter 17- Met Williams
Chapter 18- Heated emotions
Chapter 19- Trouble looming
Chapter 20- Innocent (now in danger)
Chapter 21- Threats and fear
Chapter 22- Fear and recovery at last
Chapter 23- Back to New York
Chapter 24- Jealousy
Chapter 25- Angry and got her in danger
Chapter 26- Saved her
Chapter 28- In his house
Chapter 29- Anger?

Chapter 27- Happy with him

57 3 0
By MercyAkodegbe

Stinging pain, aching shot through Rosalie's body as she rolled on the bed. A whimper escaped her lips and her eyes snapped open as her body shook.

A gasp escaped her lips and she sat up on the bed at once.

"Rosie —" the voice called and she whipped her head to see Alexander. Her lips trembled as the banging in her head grew stronger.

"Sir," her lips quivered and Alexander reached out for her at once. "Rosalie," he pulled her to him, his hands on her back trying to calm her down.

The smell of antiseptic and artificial fragrance coupled with Alexander's scent found their way into Rosalie's nostrils and she gripped Alexander tighter. "sir," tingles of pain shot through her arm but she ignored as she relaxed into the comfort he gave.

"It's okay," Alexander whispered as he rubbed her back. "I'm here, you're safe" Alexander whispered soothingly when her body still trembled.

The scene in the office clouded Rosalie's mind and she gripped tighter to him. Her foggy brain couldn't let her decipher what happened but she was glad she was safe.

She slowly relaxed into the touch and her memories swirled back to her brain.

She went to Williams. He forced kisses on her. He forced his lips on hers. He touched her mundanely. She was caught in the fire. She was almost burnt.

She remembered Alexander furiously sent her to Williams and at once, she pulled out of his grip.

"I—" she turned away from him and her eyes met with the bandage wrapped around her arm. Tears stung her eyes and she licked her lips.

He was the cause of it. How was she even saved?

"Are you okay?" Alexander queried with his eyes on her. When she gave no reply, he sighed as guilt coursed through him.

It was all his fault.
Perhaps if he kept her close to him, she'd be getting hurt.
Maybe he couldn't do what could keep her safe.

"What happened?" He breathed out but she only laid on the bed. He sighed and tugged on his hair.

She was driving him crazy.

"Why were you in the fire, Rosalie? How did it catch fire?"

"You sent me to him, did you forget?" Rosalie shot back as she tried to calm the anger burning inside of her. First, he got angry over nothing and then made her burn in that fire.

He had to apologize to her and make up for it.

She heard him sigh before retrieved steps echoed in her ear and immediately, the door closed.

With widened eyes, she whipped her head to the door. A scoff escaped her lips seeing he went out. He was grouchy. Everything he did was rude.

She tore her eyes away from the door, her heart shattering into a million pieces.

He changed.

She watched the door for minutes before she rested onto the bed.

Hours went by as Rosalie lay on the bed. The doctor attended to her arm and she was thankful it was only bruised.

She could make out some excuses for her mum and Aria.

Soon, she was discharged and as she sat waiting for who was going to take her home, the door creaked open.

Expectantly, she whipped her head to the door but her eyes fell seeing the intruder.

"I was instructed to take you home, ma'am," it was Alexander's driver.

"Where's Mr Alex?" She inquired in her quiet voice as she wondered why he didn't come. He didn't think it was right to know about her health condition?

She bit on her lips and fought back the tears that pooled in her eyes.

"He had to attend to something, I'll be waiting in the car, ma'am," the driver bowed and turned around and Rosalie sighed.

She had to leave. It was late at night and who knows? Maybe she'd be going to the office tomorrow.

After all her boss was cocky, inconsiderate, irritable and anything to call him.

Whimpers escaped her lips as she got off the bed. As she packed her things and walked to the lot, her legs ached and her body felt heavy.

She didn't know who saved her from the fire but she was thankful.

Her rage for Williams spiked at the thought of having endangered her life. The curtains caught fire when he spun her over.

She scoffed as she trotted out of the ward and soon, she reached the parking lot, "we're moving ma'am," the driver informed as they hit the road.

As she sat, she wondered what changed with Alexander. Why was he irrational towards her? He didn't even care enough to look over her.

She sniffed and ran her hands through her hair. She needed the him she knew. She craved his presence.

Perhaps she would never get it again.

The drive to her apartment was slow as all she wanted to do was get in bed and forget all about the thought that ate her up. "Thank you," she whispered when the driver stopped in front of her apartment.

Her phone rang as she headed to her apartment and it was Pamela. They spoke for moments while she tried not to waver in her tone.

She didn't want Pamela to be worried about her.

She reached her door and flung the door open. A tired yawn escaped her lips as her body threatened to collapse if it didn't lay on the bed sooner.

She knew she had to use her drugs so she hurried to the kitchen, grabbed a bottle of water and gulped down her drink.

Then, she had to sleep and forget about the thoughts of that man in her head.

Rosalie sniffed and flopped to the bed and her eyes hugged themselves. She grabbed the pillow tight as she reminisced on Alexander's attitude: she couldn't stop herself.

He never talked about it
He didn't apologize.
He went off.

What went wrong? What did she do wrong?
She didn't even do anything with Williams.
How could he have gotten angry?

Was it jealousy? She sighed and rolled on the bed.
She needed him.

———

Alexander tugged on his head and took deep breaths as he drove. He knew he had to talk to her.

He had to see her face again. He got down from his car and hurried to her apartment.

As he stood in front of her door, his heart palpitated and he licked his lips. How could he face her? He was the root of her predicament.

He took a deep breath and sighed.
He had to fix things.

Taking his hand to the door to knock, the door flung open. His brows rumpled as he walked further in. His orbs met with her handbag and rested on her drugs. At that, the guilt sank deep into him.

His shoulders fell and he glanced around. Was she in her room?

The other day's memory replayed in his head and his face contorted in a frown. Of course, Williams couldn't be with her, after putting her in danger.

He wouldn't be able to keep down his anger if he saw Williams close to her ever again.

He sighed. That was enough. He had to see her. His legs carried him slowly to her room and his pulse throbbed in his ears.

It was funny how apologizing to her was what he was doing amidst the tons of difficulties that faced him. But he had to. He needed her to be at peace with him.

The driver informed him she asked about him.

He got to the door and flung it open and immediately, he stopped. As he stared at her peacefully laying on the bed, his heart went calm and he pocketed his hands.

Just like the first day he was close to her at the bar, he felt comfort by just staring at her. He sauntered towards her with a smile plastered on his face.

She stirred in her sleep and that only made him admire her the more. From her golden bronze wavy hair to her dimpled cheeks and her long lashes that housed her beautiful eyes, he was floored.

He was enraptured.

Anything to describe his state of admiration.

"Rosalie," he mumbled under his breath and took her hands. He entwined their hands and she stirred. He batted his lashes as he waited for her to wake up.

Her palms were hot and he could feel the heat her body emanated. Perhaps she still needed to stay at the hospital.

"Rosie—" he leaned down and took his lips to her flawless silky skin and this time, she jerked her hands off his grip and sat up.

Rosalie gasped and retrieved her position on the bed. She batted her lashes trying to fight the sleep in her eyes but the image in front of her didn't change.

It was him. It was her boss.

"Sir—" she swallowed thickly as the anger she felt moments ago was replaced with happiness but she knew she couldn't display it.

She wasn't going to embarrass herself.

"Are you okay?" Alexander moved closer to her and seized her hand. "Do you need anything?"

"I don't," she yanked her hands off and inhaled. "I only want to sleep without your presence, sir," she took a deep whiff and tore her eyes away from him.

"I know it's your flat but I need you to be away from me."

It hit Alexander in a way he couldn't fathom. His hands punched up and he pierced her skin with his eyes. He could read the anger underneath her soft eyes.

"Are you angry?" He reached for her hand and grabbed it, giving her no chance of ripping away. "What should I do to make you forgive me?"

"Nothing," Rosalie struggled to pull her hands from his to no avail. "You're my boss. I can't be mad at you."

"Rosie…stop,"

Rosalie paused. Just like the first time he called her by her name, electric sensations scoured through her and her second hand gripped her attire firmly.

"You're mad," Alexander mumbled and leaned closer to her. "I was so angry, I didn't know…I didn't know what came over Williams. He told me—" Alexander took a deep breath as he thought of the conversation with Williams.

Williams' voice was guilt-filled over the phone.

"I shouldn't have sent you to Williams. I wouldn't have if you—"

"But you did," Rosalie cut him short. "You sent me to him, you–" Her lips quivered and her voice shook. "He almost forced himself on me. Look, he bit on my neck. He hurt me."

"My arm is stinging, I'm in pain," She sniffed and licked her lips and Alexander sighed.

She was in pain.

"I'm sorry," Alexander whispered and lowered his head to her. "I'm extremely sorry. I was so angry seeing–" Alexander took a deep breath and tugged on his hair.

"I'm sorry," he knew no phrase could justify that.

"Hmm," Rosalie nodded and tore her eyes away from him. She fondled her hands at the tension that rose between them.

"Do you pardon me?"

"Of course," Rosalie mumbled wide-eyed. Why wouldn't she? His presence softened her heart already.

"Then I'm kissing you," Alexander mumbled and lowered his head to her face. Without lingering for a response, he seized her already parted lips and pulled her to himself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

270 98 6
Charlotte Love isn't magic and sparkles if the first example blows in your face. Aka, my parents' marriage. But that doesn't mean I don't have love i...
937K 27.7K 38
Nov, 09, 2020 : #1 in romance May, 14, 2021 : #1in respect May, 14, 2021 : #4 in lovestory "Don't try and act all nice to me. I know girls like you...
33.7K 1.1K 35
He stepped even closer so close that our nose was touching and I could feel his minty breath on my face. Oh no wrong move. "I was just cleaning it"...
194K 7.4K 31
[Book 2 in the Secret series] "That's not what I meant..." I chew on my lip. "Well, what the fuck did you mean then?" He shouts. "When I'm there I d...