Molten Iresis (FurnaceRedAU)

Oleh NotSoSugar

What if Wukong's vision was dramatically affected by the furnace's smoke? To the point where everything he se... Lebih Banyak

1- How It All Happens To Begin
2- Adjusting to Life
3- A Child..?
4- Training With A Secret
5- Old Friends Come Around
6- Interrupted Celebrations
7- Unspoken plans
8- Small Trip
9- Now A Plan
10- The Air Freezes Blue
11- Road Trips
13- Hate Marked By Love
14- A Moon And Two Rings
15- Summon It
16- Battles Lost, Wars Won
17-The Ebony Takes Over
18- Finding Our Friends
19- Anger Surges
Retrival
Tearing Down Power, Peace Comes Once More

12-Dragon's Warning As Ice Follows Us

439 27 11
Oleh NotSoSugar

Wukong stumbled out of the bed, throwing out his hands.

Morning vision was always his worst enemy. It blurred his already grainy vision, making everything mesh together. The monkey huffed as his knee bumped into the bedside table, startling the boy that had been sleeping nearby.

"Wukong..?" MK yawned loudly, the sound of blankets rustling guided the king's blank eyes as he attempted to face his student, "Sorry to wake you, bud. I was gonna go find Ao Guang and get some help packing everyone up. I think Sandy repaired the airship."

More rustling before the sound of bare feet on tile made it to the monkey's ears, "I'll come with you!"

---

Wukong sighed as he climbed onto the airship, stumbling on his way up.

His vision used to be a tad better than this, especially with Gold Vision. But now that his powers were gone?

Well, his eyesight just casually deteriorated over the last couple of days. Which was honestly problematic, but Wukong wasn't going to complain. They had more pressing matters, afterall.

"Thank you, Ao Guang! You seriously helped us out." The old dragon hummed before placing a firm hand against the sage, "Wukong, I can sense the scroll and the map you possess. Are you sure..?" The monkey smiled reassuringly, "Of course. I wouldn't risk anything otherwise."

"Alright. Safe travels, old friend."

Wukong nodded, grinning as they began to take off.

---

MK huffed, rolling over to face his mentor, "So, meditation is supposed to make your powers come back?" Wukong nodded, "Yup! It's a pain, but it helps. Wanna try?"

The brunette grimaced, "Nah, I don't think I could do that." Shadows suddenly swirled, revealing an ebony warrior, "Hello, sickly crew." Wukong snorted, "Aren't you the one working for Jack Frost's evil sister?" Macaque tapped the king's forehead harshly, "I'm pretending to work with her. Goof."

He glanced at MK, "We could...train if you'd like, bud." MK eyed Wukong as he began to glow and sat up, "Yeah. I think meditation's gonna take a while." Macaque laughed, "It will, and meditation isn't even his strength."

MK stood up, positioning himself, "Okay, what've you got for me?" Macaque launched himself forward, ducking down at the last second.

---

The hero groaned, dropping beside Wukong, "Man, you were not holding back!" Macaque laughed before suddenly cutting himself off.

The monkey's face paled as he clutched at his chest.

MK sat up, "Macaque?" The warrior's face contorted into a pained grimace as he mutely gasped, shuddering. The brunette stepped back, "I-- I'll go get help!" He turned, running into the ship's haul.

---

Macaque's mind felt as if spikes were being driven through. Frost crept along his fingers and fur, marking him boldly.

Breathing felt like torture, freezing air forced its way into him. His thoughts raced, trying to make sense of the pain. Of the freezing cold.

"A reward for you, dear warrior."

Macaque choked, turning to face the warmth near him. Wukong was dead to the world, glowing like a nightlight meant to keep monsters away. His hands clenched slightly.

"Fight, shadow. Freeze those before you, take until there is nothing left to take."

His body stumbled forward.

---

The boy ran until he made it to the kitchen, throwing himself in and yelling, "Something's wrong with Macaque!" The group stood, following MK out the door urgently. The ship suddenly shuddered, causing them to stumble. Mei cried out, stumbling onto the ship's deck.

"Mac..?"

Macaque was standing there, his facial markings were white and his eyes glowed a vibrant blue. He looked as if his fur had been dusted with harsh frost, and he was holding up Wukong with shaky hands.

MK stepped forward, "Macaque, put him...put him down."

The iced monkey let the defenseless king's body fall to the ground as he jerked away, crumbling to his knees. Mei and Tang moved to either side of him, examining the glowing ginger on the ground as Sandy picked up Macaque, holding his arms in a way that made Macaque unable to use them.

The warrior trembled, his voice was strained and wobbled as freezing shadows fought to take over. Sandy pulled the possessed monkey against his body in a bear hug, attempting to ground him.

Macaque eventually stopped trembling, and his eyes and facial marking returned to their natural color. The warrior gasped, "The...I..." MK stood up from Wukong's side, "Mac, what was that?! You were-- You weren't yourself! You were gonna attack Wukong-!"

"She did something."

Sandy put the monkey down, allowing Macaque to kneel beside the glowing sage, "...She granted me power. Thinks she's rewarding me." Mei gave him a look, "How do you know that?" The warrior gently knocked his fist against his temple, "She told me so while MK got you guys over here. And then she...She wanted me to kill. She couldn't see I was holding Wukong, she just wanted me to destroy someone. I..."

He shivered.

Tang hummed, fixing his glasses, "That is...a problem." The warrior glared at him, "You think?! Listen, let's just... Get that first ring. Hurry this up." Mei gave the monkey a look, "...Where is it, then?"

"DBK has it."

---

Wukong awoke, stretching slightly, "Man, that was actually kinda nice." He sniffed the air, brows furrowing as he failed to track down the scent of ice and lavender rolled with death.

"Where's Macaque? I could've sworn he was here."

MK's yellow and brown figure came into view, "Uh, he left for our safety after telling us about the first ring. Monkey King... LBD did something." Wukong frowned, "What did she do..?" A pit of anxiety formed in his stomach as his student answered carefully.

The anxiety only grew into dread as MK recounted what had happened. And he'd been useless the whole time, powerless and exposed.

The king stumbled back, grabbing onto the railing as he inhaled shakily, "Is he okay?"

---

Macaque felt disgusting.

She wasn't simply whispering and listening through him, she was coursing within him, too. If his heart could still beat, it would be frantic. It would be thundering in his ears with his distraught disgust. Silly of these things worked, she'd begun to drill into him.

If he could listen to his panicked breaths mixed into the howling swirls of sandy dunes, he would. If he could feel the sweltering heat of the desert as its merciless gusts of heat splashed across his face, he would. But all the warrior felt was ice.

He grunted in pain, folding over until his head was nearly on the hot sand.

Ironic how his mind kept telling him what was hot when he couldn't feel it. Ironic how he'd thought she would leave him be as is. Ironic how he'd nearly harmed the same person he'd beaten death for.

Macaque felt cold, unforgiving magic flowing freely within his own dark powers. Even his shadows had been affected, giving them blue hues instead of purple when he'd been on the move to kill.

"My lady is wondering what's taking you so long."

Macaque jolted, turning to look at the haunting man, "...The kid still has his staff, and his powers. The others aren't exactly harmless, either." The smiling man continued to stare, tilting his head, "I see. Do you require backup, then?"

The warrior was always unnerved with the man.

His heart didn't beat either, and he was always cold. And he wasn't dead, not how Macaque was...no, this man had never experienced the grace of Diyuu.

"No, I will simply hunt them down. It's keeping them on edge, wary. They're powerless against our Lady and they know it. Backup is not necessary." Macaque glanced away, swallowing thickly as sand swirled around them. The sun was glaring down on them, but the heat wasn't registered.

Wukong ran hot like the furnace he'd been thrown into, and Macaque briefly wondered if he'd ever feel his friend's heat again. It would be a shame if he didn't, it would mean he'd either end up dead or by the witch's side for much longer.

A deranged voice pulled back his attention.

"Very well then, warrior. I will be off, then." The thrall chuckled, disappearing as Macaque began to focus on the world around him. Grains of sand latched onto him, and the ice continued to shred into him as it spread throughout his insides.

Macaque felt disgusting.

---

Wukong grunted, rubbing his sore hip.

Sandy gasped, "Ah, sorry, Monkey King! I should have checked the ship by now to make sure it could accommodate you, I'll set right to work!" The giant moved to smoothen the edge of the counter as Wukong helplessly waved his hands, "Oh, that's not necessary, big guy! Just a tiny bump!"

Mei lightly poked the king, startling him, "Dude, Sandy's not gonna drop it. Trust me, he's just really caring."

Wukong knew that, of course he did. This was Sandy afterall!

But it felt as if he was useless. He should've simply been more careful, and he simply didn't have to make anyone worry about the most basic of his needs. That was his problem, no one else's. Afterall, he would hate to be so helpless.

They'll think he's useless if this keeps up.

"Uh, at least let me help you out, Sandy." The monkey felt the edge of the counter, carefully breaking off the pointed tip. He stood back as the boat man thanked him and sanded the furniture down.

Wukong turned, walking away--

He grunted as he tripped over a cat toy, nearly landing on Mo.

"I'm so sorry, Monkey King!" MK scrambled to pick up the toy, "I knew I forgot something! Sorry, I know anyone can trip on this. I mean, I once tripped over my pillow and that honestly really hurt." Wukong snorted, "It's fine. I should've been paying more attention."

MK let out an unamused hum, "Same, and I still slammed face-first onto the floor tripping over a pillow."

The ginger knew his student was only trying to make him feel better. He knew about Wukong's insecurities and of the careless comments others have made.

"...Well, thanks, bud. I think I'm going to go get some air."

It was a stupid thing, he knew, to feel so horrible about his friends helping him. He should be beaming with glee with their consideration, but he couldn't. He felt helpless, wandering along the deck in circles.

The sky was bright, and sweat dripped down across his fur, but he didn't go back inside. How could he? With the sun glaring him down, all he could do was think of his freezing warrior. He'dv felt cold, trembling hands on him while meditating.

And he'd thought his mind was making things up.

Wukong continued to pace, wondering silently when they'd find the home of his best friend's killer.

His once sworn brother. 

_____________________

I almost got ran over bro like people these days don't know how to drive--I just wanted some churros, bro T-T

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

149K 5.4K 50
The reader is MK's non-identical twin sister. When Pigsy both sent the two out for noodle deliveries, MK went to deliver his stack of noodles, while...
46.7K 1.4K 41
☆COMPLETED 2022☆ Red eyes and white Locks that even the Jade Emperor of the Celestial realm fears her. She was only Young back then and the Jade Emp...
20.1K 571 15
Mk Meets A demon, That was different from the rest, they weren't violent, or wanted Mk's staff or power, they just wanted a friend? so Why Does Sun W...
6.2K 252 27
{Book 1!} Sun Wu Kong, known as the legendary monkey king, has somehow tricked The Six Eared Macaque that he can travel universes with his shadow por...