VegasPete : Chess Room (The W...

Por Alanaavatar

This fanfic is a sequel to the fanfic The Way You Taste. Vegas and Pete must enter a secret meeting called 'C... Más

1 - Déjà vu
2 - Swarm of bees
3 - Unexpected
4 - At last...or almost
5 - Heavenly Devilish Blend [NC18+]
6 - Surprise Box
7 - Room 1004 [NC18+]
8 - White King
9 - Save your ass
10 - Seeding doubt
11 - Hide and seek [NC18+]
12 - Watermark
13 - Phong
14 - An unexpected visit
15 - Old Love
16 - A price tag
17 - Before the storm [NC 18+]
18 - From ashes, from broken pieces.
19 - My boyfriend
20 - Pernicious doubt - part 1
21 - Pernicious doubt - part 2
22 - Pernicious doubt - part 3
23 - Truths among lies
24 - Salty tears [NC18+]
25 - One step ahead
26 - Dead end
27 - Three moves
28 - Two brothers, one goal
29 - Family orders
30 - KARMA
31 - Taipei
32 - Tiny drop
33 - Andy's Night Club
34 - New piece of the puzzle
35 - Take a shower
36 - Profaning the holy [NC 18+]
37 - Take a move
38 - Stupid girl
39 - Wednesday
40 - Smart moves
41 - Holy love
42 - Special Room [NC18+]
43 - Dangerous [NC18+]
44 - Breeding you [NC18+]
45 - Cramp [NC 18+]
46 - White Bishop
47 - Why?
48 - The Chess Room
49 - The Queen Position
50 - The Auction
51 - High Bids
52 - Irreversible withdrawal
53 - The Devil inside
54 - Remember me [NC 18+]
55 - Betrayal
56 - Chumphon Island
57 - You brought death
58 - Louder than bombs
59 - Fenghuang (The Phoenix)
60 - The White Clan
Warning: ArmMacau side story
61 - Declaring war
62 - I bring the pain like...
63 - Burning desire [NC18+]
64 - Once you're mine, there's no going back [NC18+]
65 - Old belt and wild sex [NC18+]
66 - Cheating [NC18+]
67 - The necklace [NC18+]
68 - For the one I love - part 1
69 - For the one I love - part 2
70 - For the one I love - final part
72 - Black Dragon - White Phoenix [The End]
Side Story - Chapter 1 - Afternoon Tea
Side Story - Chapter 2 - Pete
Side Story - Chapter 3 - My best friend
Side Story - Chapter 4 - Let's go out on a date
Side Story Chapter 5 - On a date
Side Story - Chapter 6 - Temptation
Side Story - Chapter 7 - Jealousy
Side Story - Chapter 8 - Morning Sex
Author's Note
Side Story - Chapter 9 - Red Queen Revealed [The End]
Biu's Infinity series!!

71 - Protect your children

2.2K 88 42
Por Alanaavatar

Pete's POV

"When Khun Kan came to Taipei to see me, before confronting his brother, he brought some objects to me: the black king, the black queen, the white night and the red queen."

"The red queen...?!"

We ask in astonishment.

Lian nods.

"...and your necklace, Pete...il serpent (1), as he referred to it with me. Obviously, it has nothing to do with a snake. The White Clan has two different symbol representations: the white dragon from the king and the golden phoenix from the queen. In Chinese art they look similar. Khun Kan told me some stupid Italian partners mistook our symbols for snakes once. Khun Kan came that night to see me for probably the last time. He told me that little phoenix pendant he was carrying was a chess room key. The only key that could give access to all data related to our illegal business that were sealed by the White Queen in the Chess Room. She did it to protect our business from the white council, that ordered for the White King and White Queen to be killed."

"Grandma Jui did that?"

"No...your mother did it. She was the White Queen after your grandmother resigned decades ago to live a simple life with her bodyguard, your grandfather, in another country. But for that your mother position was negotiated in the Chess Room. You are from a minor family, if we can put this way. There was nothing your grandmother could do to avoid that. So, she was trained by Uncle Tai to be prepared for it and just like happened to Lee and Tianshi, your mother was delivery to our clan when she was a teenager to finish her training with the clan. Aunt Jui just got back the title when her daughter was dethroned, just like my grandfather got it from my father."

"..."

"To protect you and your grandparents, she gave the key to Khun Kan...to keep it safe until the next white queen could claim it and run our illegal businesses. My father wanted to break the white clan system...leave the chess room...and just keep business legal. Against my grandfather will, he wanted us to be free. An honorable but disastrous wish. The white queen had agreed to make the business legal to bring peace and freedom to her family too. But first they would have to destroy the white council. They were betrayed and persecuted before they could do it. By whom? Probably someone they had trusted unwisely. Legal businesses could never leave the White King's hand because Wang Family is known by the general public, but illegal business could be taken by the council and shared among them. To avoid that, all businesses data were sealed in the Chess Room database. They could not touch anything. Only the phoenix key successor would be able to open it. That's why he was hidden under poverty and difficult life. Who would look for a family in need?! Aunt Jui and Uncle Tai were out of the White Clan for a long time ago, so they were already taken as dead before the White Queen fell. Also, the only known heir for the white clan was me. You mother kept your existence well protected, but she could no longer trust anyone...not even the white clan. Curiously she could trust Khun Kan. Anyways, my grandfather issued a delivery order to have you back when I could assume my position as the White King and recreate the white chess board again with you, Lee and Tianshi as main pieces. My grandfather issued the delivery order to have you back to the white clan."

"Me or your illegal businesses?!"

"I wouldn't be honest if I didn't say both. To form the White Chess Board again we all gone through intense training. But grandpa told me your mother decided about your training herself, along with Khun Kan.

"Khun Kan? Why him?!"

...

Khun Kan's POV (past) – Chumphon Island.

"Pete, don't go to the water, sweetheart...little Vegas is not used to the waves. Stay in the shore..."

"Yes, mommy..." The little boy, a year older than my son, takes his hand and makes him sit on the wet sand to build a castle with him.

Vegas is afraid at first and rejects his little friend. But with his enthusiasm, little Pete ends up convincing my son to dig a hole that fills with water coming from the sea.

I can see him smiling for the first time since his mother died...

"I wish it could be always like this." I say as a prayer, watching the two boys play while Pete's mom holds my baby in her arms. Nothing like a mother's lap to calm a baby.

"But it won't." She says while playing with the baby's little hands, smiling at her, trying to reach her face.

The cold statement does not match the tender moment.

"..."

Faced with my stunned silence, she continues.

"You love your children like no one else, just like you loved your wife. And she is dead."

"How can you say that?! I did everything I could to save her from him!"

She turns her face to me.

"If you want to save your children, don't love them too much. Don't love them at all, Kan."

"You can't say such a thing..."

"As long as there is love, Korn will always have a way to hurt you."

"I don't care about me."

"But he won't do it to you. He won't attack you directly. He will take away from you who you love. As he did to my friend. He will go after your children, Kan."

"I'll kill him before he can even try!"

"You know you can't. Not alone. And I can't help you now that the white board is destroyed. I'll say it differently then. If you want to protect Vegas and Macau, don't let Korn know how much you love your children."

"He's no fool!"

"So for this to really work, don't let your children know how much you love them as well."

"But..."

"This is your sacrifice...and also your punishment."

"Are all queens that cruel?!"

"They will grow by your side, and you will protect them."

"Would it be enough for you?!"

"If I could be in your place?!" she turns her face to the beach...to look at her son. "It would be a dream."

"Why?! Will you leave him?!"

"Pretend I don't love him will be not enough. My parents will take good care of him."

"No one replaces a mother. Look at my little baby clinging to you."

"This is my sacrifice and my punishment too. Pete won't remember me."

"Will you erase his memories of you?!"

"At his age?!...Time will do it...it will hurt less for him."

"I don't believe it. Lian doesn't seem to be forgetting his parents."

"Trauma does that. Master won't let him forget either. He needs his grandson pain to control him. But Pete will be raised with love...out of the clan."

"Pete's father...does he know..."

"There's nothing to say about that. Pete will be an orphan raised by his grandparents on this Island, well covered by a simple life."

"Tell me...is he m..."

"Promise me two things before I'm gone, Kan."

"...what?!..."

"One, you will never try to protect him nor take him to your family...ever. Just stay out of his life. Even if he is in danger or difficulties, don't ever help him or my parents."

"Even if it's a case of life and death?!"

"Pete will have to learn how to protect himself alone...to be strong and resilient. I don't know what future will bring to him, but I want him prepared for it. In my heart, I know he can survive by his own...he is such a positive child. Besides, money makes a trace. They are protected by poverty. Promise me. You own me."

"I promise."

"Two, don't let the white clan take him before he is old enough to decide by himself."

"Okay...I won't. You won't let me finish my question, will you?!"

"There's no need. If you keep those two promises, you will be doing more than I could expect from a father for him. Now keep this."

"What is this?!"

"A Chess Room key...my little phoenix...it gives access to all white clan illegal business most important data. I sealed them. As long you keep this key, Grandmaster will not object you in anything. Pete will be safe in this Island. Korn will keep satisfied with his business here. When time comes, you give it to the next white king."

"Lian can't use the key..."

"It will be his problem to solve. The Black King Key goes to Vegas. Black Queen Key goes to this cute little baby Macau. And my White Queen Key goes to Pete."

"Are those your final decisions?!"

"..."

"Look at our children...can't we just take them and..."

"Black King and White Queen can never be together." Her warm hand touches my face. "Different colors do not play on the same side of the chessboard, Kan."

...

Vegas' POV

"Khun Kan was unable to help you as promised, but he was able to observe you when you entered the world of underground fighting. My grandfather and I followed your fights and your progress, since you couldn't train with us. I did my best to be close to my white queen."

At that point I really wanted to punch him. But I remembered being grateful that he was there for Pete. That stopped me from actually getting up from my seat and punching him.

I watch Pete closely as he keeps his gaze down and his left hand holding the pendant as he listens to Lian.

Even though I feel his hand tremble at times, we don't stop holding on to each other.

Should I be angry with Pete's mother for advising my father not to show his love for me and Macau?!

Should I be angry that she decided to leave her son alone?

"We were loved so much by our parents that they decided to sacrifice themselves for us." Pete raised his head and said to me and Macau.

I decided not be mad anymore.

Why don't I remember that happy moment?! In my childhood, only the bad ones...until I met Pete...again.

I can't believe we met before...we could have been together our whole life.

He would have been mine alone.

However, something was bothering me...and I'm sure it was bothering Pete too...but none of us would have the courage to say it out loud.

Lian kept talking.

"My grandfather and Khun Kan talked and decided that you should join the Theerapanyakul family in some way, Pete. Someone betrayed my father, and they didn't know who. Whether they could trust Khun Korn or not. We didn't know who was on the white council or not. Having you in there, would be a Trojan horse in the future. Korn wouldn't suspect anything since you didn't know anything. There was nothing to hide. In fact, they found nothing to doubt a grateful boy with dreams of working for the savior of his beloved family and home."

"Isn't there a missing piece to this puzzle?!" Macau asks, scratching his head.

"What would it be, my dear?!"

That flirting tone...

["Hold your horses, please." Pete whispered to me, squeezing my hand.]

["Fine."]

"Each of us got a key, but...how about the Red Queen?! First Cousin found it in Uncle Korn's vault. But Khun Kan gave you the Red Queen Key. Are there two keys then?!"

"Well observed! Yes, there are. One for each firstborn: one for Thankun and one for Porsche."

...

Author's note:

Please forgive me for any mistakes. I couldn't review it properly.

It's ending, ending, ending...just a little more.

Forgive me for the delay.

I could not finished it yet because I want to write about Pete and Porsche. One more chapter I believe and that's it. Next chapter is the last one for sure! 

I wrote this cliche thing of CP knowing each other since childwood...but I could not avoid it!! So cute in my imagination...sorry.

Too much delay makes it uninteresting, I know. I apologize. Thank you so much again.

Reference:

(1) Chapter 43 - Khun Kan gives the necklace to Lian.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

70.5K 2.9K 14
( discontinued for now ) she shown support and care, but what happens if she adds love into the image? dohwa baek x f. reader 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈�...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
117K 3.9K 31
-i totally hate you ❤️ -I totally hate you too ❤️ Taehyung gets a snap that's willing to change his course of life which includes playing mario kart...
28.3K 85 9
Smirky, Intimate, and Seductive stories? There it is! After suppressing my mind for 4 years straight. I'm finally jotting myself in penning this deep...