Stuck in the Middle [Hikaru...

By starry-venus

**CURRENTLY UNDER REVISIONS, ORIGINALLY VERSION NOT SAVED Being one of the few 'commoners' at Ouran Highscho... More

beforehand
Chapter ♞ 1: I Don't Like Change
Chapter ♞ 2: Honey Tastes Like Betrayal (1)
Chapter ♞ 3: Honey Tastes Like Betrayal (2)
Chapter ♞ 4: I Know What Cheesecake Is!
Chapter ♞ 5: LoveSick Hikaru? (1)
Chapter ♞ 6: LoveSick Hikaru? (2)
Chapter ♞ 7: Science Project of Doom
Chapter ♞ 8: Mixed Feelings (1)
Chapter ♞ 9: Mixed Feelings (2)
Chapter ♞ 10: Mixed Feelings (3)
Chapter ♞ 11: Mixed Feelings (4)
Chapter ♞ 12: Host Club Problems (1)
Chapter ♞ 13: Host Club Problems (2)
Chapter ♞ 14: Host Club Problems (3)
Chapter ♞ 15: A Hostess?
Chapter ♞ 16: The Shopping Disaster (1)
Chapter ♞ 17: The Shopping Disaster (2)
Chapter ♞ 18: Love Can Suck My A-
Chapter ♞ 19: Tamaki Ruins Everything
Chapter ♞ 20: Sketchbooks & Movies (1)
Chapter ♞ 21: Sketchbooks & Movies (2)
Chapter ♞ 22: Sketchbooks & Movies (3)
Chapter ♞ 23: Sketchbooks & Movies (4)
Chapter ♞ 24: H, K, and N
Chapter ♞ 25: Science Mishap
Chapter ♞ 26: Tomorrow
Chapter ♞ 27: Failing At Life
Chapter ♞ 28: The Little Things
Chapter ♞ 29: Confess (1)
Chapter ♞ 31: Confess (3)
Chapter ♞ 32: Confess (4)
One-shot!
Chapter ♞ 33: Dates n' Fancy Tuna (1)
Chapter ♞ 34: Dates n' Fancy Tuna (2)
Chapter ♞ 35: Dates n' Fancy Tuna (3)
Chapter ♞ 36: Dates n' Fancy Tuna (4)
Chapter ♞ 37: Dates...?
Chapter ♞ 38: ...
Chapter ♞ 39: ...!
Chapter ♞ 40: Resign Time?! Think Twice
Chapter ♞ 41: Think... Thrice?!
One-shot! (Nao x Reader)
Chapter ♞ 41.5: This Ain't A Scene It's A Cult
Chapter ♞ 42: Face The Fire
Chapter ♞ 43: Snowy Photoshoots
Chapter ♞ 44: We've Got Chemistry
Chapter ♞ 45: God Bless America
Chapter ♞ 46: Cupid's Arrow Was Off (1)
Chapter ♞ 47: Cupid's Arrow Was Off (2)

Chapter ♞ 30: Confess (2)

53.3K 1.9K 1.8K
By starry-venus

Read the A/N below or fight me [seriously because I'm giving you a heads up. But I would never fight you ♥]

A/N DON'T YOU JUST LOVE IT WHEN AUTHOR-CHAN ADDS ANOTHER LOVE RIVAL FOR THOSE TWINS? (Nao was/is a rival, but everyone hates him so :).... also, revealing who made the love confession will come soon... originally it was going to be a host, but I decided otherwise, unlesss that's what you guys want) AND WHO DO YOU WANT MORE OF: HIKARU OR KAORU? I NEED TO KNOW SO I CAN PLAN SCENES [especially a specific one I have in my mind], ARIGATO ♥

Today had been odd, to put it in simple terms. It was only the third period at Ouran... and everything felt undoubtedly eerie. All host club activities had been cancelled, which was a first for you, the twins had been missing more days than usual -whether they were skipping classes or were ill, were unknown to you- and more than half of the Host club seemed to be completely avoiding you altogether. You considered it a mini vacation of being away from their antics or a prank of sorts since the members of the Host club tended to behave in joking ways majority of the time, but as the week went on you grew worrisome.

Sure, for the first two days it seemed as if all of the coincidences were just that- coincidences. When Haru began to read your texts and didn't bother to respond you figured she had fallen asleep or her phone died. Those incidents had happened to you before whenever you were conversing with her, so you figured that that had to be the case. But whenever you tried to go to her apartment, her father would answer the door and make the excuse that she was studying and didn't wish to be disturbed or that she hadn't been feeling well and decided to rest early. But at school, in the classes that you had with some of the members, everything was different. For instance, in advanced English, Kyoya seemed more distance -more than his already remote personality. For assignments or mini projects he'd blatantly pick a different partner in means of avoiding you. Of course his partner was ecstatic with him being their collaborator- the girl's would swoon over him and barely got their half of work done, or if he chose a guy, the next day the very same lad would suddenly be surrounded by different females from various grades asking how he had connections with Kyoya.

But overall you didn't feel hurt- just weirded out. If this was a prank it had to take first place in being the worst in history, or if they were all ignoring you just because they could, you'd just end up being pissed off and give them a silent treatment that was ten times worse.

The third period bell finally rang, signaling that all students should now be in their classes, seated and ready to learn- but for you, you simply had to be ready in your Physical Education clothes and walk halfway to the track field, which wasn't to far from the gym locker rooms. Fall was closing in so the air was noticeably cooler and gave a sharp hitch to your breath. The leaves were merely changing at this stage, and none had fallen to the brisk ground.

When you finally reached that large field no one else was present. The teacher was there, which meant that you hadn't gotten the wrong destination, but why was everyone else gone? You didn't feel a sense of relief until you saw your familiar old friend Rima strut onto the field with an almost angry expression. [Keep in mind what the typical Japanese gym uniform looks like because that's what I went with] Since she was taller than the average teenage girl her age, she had asked that she be excused from wearing the female's uniform whenever a gym unit appeared that was required for girls to wear it. That request was denied and Rima made no efforts to hide how unhappy that decision made her. You were surprised that she didn't ask her parents to take care of the problem for her- but then again, Rima was so strong-willed that taking the easy way out and begging for her wealthy family to care of the problem was highly unlike her personality.

So when she walked towards you to be by your side, her expression was unwelcoming which only caused for you to chuckle slightly.

"Something funny?" She questioned with arched eyebrows, and an obvious frown. If she didn't have a pretty face, she'd almost be deemed frightening.

"Nothing," you breathed out with red cheeks, as more cold air greeted your face. "nothing at all. Actually... do you know where the rest of our class is?" You questioned with a slight whisper as you rubbed your hands over your bare arms.

Chilly. It was to cold for you already, and the frigid season was just beginning.

"Well the girls should be out here soon, after they finish putting on their make-up. As for the guys... they're all probably in the nurse's office, pretending to be sick."

"What?" Was your automatic response upon hearing this information. You knew this school was full of preppy kids- but to put make-up on before gym class was ridiculous.

"Didn't you know that we're getting a student from the Host Club transferred into this class?"

"Who?!" You gave her your full attention, but you abruptness wasn't hidden. A sly smile fell onto Rima's lips as she bent down and began to stretch.

Your already cold cheeks held the crimson color red, so it easily confided the hotness that ran to your cheeks from embarrassment. Was it so bad for you wanting to know what was going on? Suddenly your gym outfit felt to revealing, and your heart almost dropped at the thought of one of the Twins possibly seeing you in your current attire.

Especially after what happened the previous gym class.

"Aren't you in the Host Club yourself? Wouldn't they have told you themselves?" Rima's words brought you out of your trance. Her bright, long purple hair hid her expression that you were sure was a devious one as her questioning went on. Sure, she was one of your friends, but this was a side of her that you hated the most. It reminded you of Kyoya in a way, but you also understood that it was her sadistic way of teasing.

Before you could even give a straight answer, what Rima said was going to happen, did. Girls came out in groups onto the field with obvious amounts of make-up that you almost visibly cringed. No boys happened to be present -nor did it look like any would come- and soon the outside campus was an array of bright faces that contained pounds of different blushes, lipsticks, eyeliners and mascara. It wasn't until the teacher, Haruda Sensei, cleared her throat and began speaking that everyone quieted down to a soft murmur.

"Listen up! Today, we have a new student transferring into our gym class and I expect that they will receive the utmost respect that you all have to offer." She flipped through a few more papers that her eyes lazily began to scan over. "Please welcome Mitsukuni 'Honey' Haninozuka."

And when his name was mentioned, complete mayhem started.

~

"Sorry I'm late guys, I had to take a nap~" Honey Senpai casually made an appearance onto the field. The boys' uniform was almost to large for him, but you knew that he could get one personally tailored to fit him better.

Was he doing it on purpose? [Guys, Honey Senpai is a mastermind ok, he purposely tries to look cute SEARCH IT]

You weren't even sure if Honey had noticed your presence since he was surrounded by a horde of girls the entire gym class. It all made sense now why the boys failed to make an appearance- they were petrified of being on the opposite team of Honey Senpai. Not only was he a Martial Arts champion, but his athletic skills were beyond average. If you accidentally got hit in the face with one of his soccer kicks, you might as well plan your funeral.

At least, that's what Rima had told you. And it was all believable.

Currently all of the girls were proposing to give Honey Senpai tons of sweets when they visited the Host club whenever it re-opened tomorrow, and others weren't hiding their flirtatious attempts to try and get him to go on a date or even have an arranged marriage.

"So, are all gym classes going to be like this?" You asked Rima in a soft tone as you both got away from the large crowd surrounding the blond-boy. Haruda Sensei was trying her best to contain the crowd and get most of the students to focus on her, but around halfway through she gave up entirely and deemed the period a 'study hall'. Of course the students would be able to get away with this- they could afford it.

Rima pursed her lips before responding in her usual stoic tone. "Yep, though I'm surprised that Mori Senpai isn't here..."

"Right, that actually is surprising," you murmured as you thought about it. They were always together, that much you knew, but when you though about it you didn't know much about Mori Senpiai or Honey Senpai. You hadn't been in the Host Club for that long, but when you mind pondered about the people who consumed your time the most there, immediately you thought of Hikaru and Kaoru and their matching grins.

"This won't be as fun as I thought, without Mori,"

"What, do you have a crush on him?" You taunted as you yawned. Both of you were walking back to the changing rooms, but when you saw that Rima's face was a bright red and she hesitated to respond you internally panicked.

"I thought you liked Kyoya!" You sputtered as laughter threatened to spill over. This wasn't typical of Rima.

"I did, wait I do but-"

"...Mori Senpai?" Outside of the large changing rooms sat Mori Senpai in a kendo uniform, almost with an expressionless face. When his eyes met yours, he stood up almost automatically. There was an awkward silence as you two made eye contact, while Rima was, on the inside, dying. [A true fangirl].

"A-Are you looking for Honey?" Your voice nearly quivered at his intense stare, and it didn't that his immense height allowed for him to tower over you.

"No... the Head Master of the Academy... wants you to know that a Tyler Colburn is coming and you're going to be his mentor."

"Tyler... Colburn?"

And before a full sentence could form from your mouth, a large weight was placed onto your back as someone attempted to give you a large hug. The familiar brown hair glided into your eyesight as a cheerful voice called you by an embarrassing nickname.

Tyler was your best friend from America- but why the hell was he in Japan?

A/N This is not edited, so I know there might be tons of typos. I mostly added some Mori and Honey Senpai in this because they've barely been in the book, so be aware that the next chapter will have a lot of them. Also, do you guys completely hate the idea of love interest or are you looking forward to finding out more about Tyler? Yeah, instead of being rich like Nao, he is a commoner. His picture is above.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201K 6.8K 29
『Ouran High School Host Club』 『Hitachiin Twins ✘ OC』 ❝For those who can't choose between the two mischievous twins...❞ A foreign girl who enrolls...
203K 6.2K 34
two twins trapped in their own little world unlike the hitachin brothers they have everything incomin besides for one thing. they are kicked out of s...
299K 8.9K 23
Y/N was new to Ouran Academy. She had just moved to Japan after her parents passing. Y/N discovers the Host Club, a club full of handsome men who en...
948K 22.6K 57
Y/n is Haruhi's sister. She is also an honor student at Ouran. Her scores were right behind Haruhi's. Once she enters the high school Haruhi takes he...