πšƒπš‘πšŽ π™±πšŽπšπšŠ & π™·πš’πšœ π™ΌπšŽ...

By RameWhelve

πšƒπš‘πšŽ π™Ίπš—πš’πšπš‘πš πšœπšŽπš›πš’πšŽπšœ 01 "You didn't tell me, that you were a Medium." "And you didn't tell me th... More

00: New House.
01:Ghost Buddy.
02:New Friends.
03:The Voice and Secrets.
04:The Beta.
05:Not The Kid.
06:Human?No,Wolf.
07:Killer
08:He's Straight.
09:You Found Your Mate!
10:Let's Hangout.
11:Excuse Me,What!!!
12:The Deep Shallow.
13:Really???
15: I'll Protect You.
16:That's Unpleasant.
17:You Were Ignoring Me...
18:He Is A Suspect!
19:He's Your Mate!
20:Honestly It Sucks!
21:One Hundred Thirteen Calls.
22:One Can Only Hope.

14: We Are A Mess.

105 4 0
By RameWhelve

 Caleb Murphy on top.....

                                              We Are A Mess.

Elrid cheeks were still flaring a beautiful shade of red when he stepped into his room. His heart bouncing inside his ribcage in an unusual rhythm as a shy smile graced his thin lips. Miles quirks his eyebrow at the boy. Why is he smiling like that?? wrinkling his forehead in confusion as he looks at the white-haired boy- who by the way didn't seem to notice the ghost- who was blatantly staring at Elrid with his judging pale blue eyes. What's with the smile though?? Miles' pale blue eyes squints once again. If his experience when he was human is right, the boy's current smile looks like the post make out session smile. But Miles is sure that Elrid's man in dreams didn't even peck him in his cheeks when the said male dropped the boy off. And no, the ghost wasn't snooping around them. Nope, never! He just sneaked a peek when he heard the truck parking. And in all honesty, ghosts are supposed to be sneaky. Maybe they made out somewhere else. Should've followed them discreetly. He let out a disappointed sigh.

"Stop that, I might puke" the grumbling of ghost startles the boy, who whipped his head towards the bed, his already big ebony eyes widening slightly.

Seeing it was none other than his ghost buddy, Elrid too grumbles. "Fuck off!!"

Miles gasps, his eyes bulging out- quite dramatically- as he sprang out from the bed. "You.... you.... cursed...." he wheezes out, pointing his finger at his human buddy.

Folding his arms around his chest Miles levitate towards the boy with a demanding gaze. "That's it... that man is bad news.... Break up with him...." the ghost demands. Earning a are you for real look from Elrid.

"I always curse" the boy scoffs, as he too mimics the ghost's posture with his own challenging gaze.

"No.... you don't curse unless you're fucking livid...and I'm pretty sure now you're not" Miles reasons. Well, he isn't wrong. But before Elrid can open his mouth to say something, he was waved off by the ghost with a bored look. "Whatever.... I don't need reasons" Miles shoos the boy, the uninterested expression on his face soon replaced by one of curiosity. "But I want tea.... So, spill the tea... did he kiss you??" the ghost floats in front of him with a teasing smirk.

The toughness in his ebony eyes dimmed just like that, a beautiful pink colour now tainting his pale cheeks as he avoids the ghost's eyeing. "Ah.... Not r-really...." Elrid mumbled. Huh, they sure did....

"I told you to not kiss him on first date...." the ghost looms over him, flicking his forehead as he chides the boy.

"No... he..." before he can continue, a hiss was heard from Miles. The ghost's face hardening as he bites his thin pinkish lips in irritation. So, it was without consent.

"So, he was the one who tried.... I should visit him when he's sleeping" Miles jeers, a wicked grin spreading his lips as his eye's sparkles in mischief; making the boy's face contort to one in panic. Because Elrid knows whatever Miles says he always does. One way or another. It wasn't the first time the ghost did something like that for the boy. When Miles found out the boy was verbally bullied during his first year of high school; the ghost went ballistic and visited some of the bullies in his dreams. Giving them nightmares and whatnot. Even though Elrid found some of them hilarious, some were downright terrific. And Elrid doesn't want to subject Caleb into something like that without a reason.

"No... it was peck...." okay, now Miles was perplexed. Peck!!!

"What the fuck!!!! Peck???!!!" the ghost exclaims, his eyes bulging out as he looks at Elrid, who is now fidgeting with his hair strands.

"All this shit and giggle is for a peck??? Fucking peck!!!" he should've expected it. It was Elrid they're talking about. Damn Eli~ I'm disappointed....

"You curse like Saffron..." Miles can just hear the pout in his voice when Elrid mumbled that line. So, he just sighs, giving the boy a once over.

And then sighing again just for maintaining his dramatic ass, the ghost continues with a teasing smile. "I should've expected it.... But beside this cheesy shit, how was it???"

Suddenly the pout was replaced by that ever sick dopey smile. "It was......" the boy unconsciously drawls out, making the already impatient Miles impatient.

"Cute, hot, sexy, romantic???"

"Dazzling...." Elrid gives a contented sigh, slumping against the bed as he snuggles on his pillow.

"Uh.... Not really a definition for peck.... But okay, So.... tea please...."

# # # #

"So, the date was good I hope??" that was the first thing Jaemin asked him in the morning, when Elrid strolled to the kitchen in his black silky pajamas and neon orange socks. The older male was sitting beside the counter, sipping his still steaming matcha tea- which is actually good for waking up or his dad say so- like it wasn't hot at all while his onyx eyes scans through the newspaper.

"Huh.... How did- "Elrid was struck, his ebony eyes wide in surprise as he looks at his dad. How did he know?? He was sure he left the house with Caleb when both of his parents were busy at whatever they doing in their kitchen. So how did his dad know he was on a date?? Wait, if his father knows about his date, then he probably should've spouted it to mom. God, the woman is gonna rip me a new one. He is sure of it.

Jaemin shrugs his shoulder, like he didn't cause a heart attack to his son. "I just know...." as always, the replay was evasive. Typical Jaemin forest. Placing his tea cup on the coffee table Jaemin looks at him with a reassuring smile as he folds the newspaper. "Just so you know, your mom doesn't know anything."

"Thank god." An involuntary smile tug at Jaemin's lips hearing the relieved sigh of his son.

"You want to tell her??" the question was asked in their mother tongue, Jaemin's usual smooth tone deepening as his Busan accent seep through his words.

"I'll tell her when we're serious or she would come at me with wedding plans and everything..." Jaemin slightly snorts at Elrid's exasperated words, but he knows what his son was saying is true. His wife can be a bit impetuous.

Again, giving an unconcerned shrug, Jaemin utters with a teasing grin. "Ah, that she'll..." hearing his father's off handed comment Elrid grumbles, his mouth opening to snap at his father. But before he can utter a word, Sylvia was in front of them, clad in an oversized t-shirt; probably his dad's and a big basketball short- that too owned by his dad's. The white-haired boy scrunches his nose in disgust as he saw his mom placing a slobbering kiss on his dad's cheek. Which Jaemin happily accept with a dazzling smile.

"What are my babies talking about?" Sylvia questions, planting a peck at her son's cheeks as she struts towards the kettle.

"Nothing."

"His crush" both the dad and son says at the same time. 

Elrid gasp in horror, his ebony eyes snapping towards his guilty free dad, who was now making some coffee- probably for the now gaping woman, because Jaemin don't drink those nasty bitter things.

"What!!!!" Sylvia whirls around, an empty mug in her hand. "My baby gotta a crush and you didn't tell me??" Sylvia yells, her azurite eyes squinting at her son in both betrayal and accusation.

"Mom...." Elrid croaks out in desperation. "It's just a crush okay...." Only if you know.

"But it's your first real crush I want to see my baby's crush" she whines, making the boy to rolls his ebony eyes at his mother's childish behaviour. So much for being a matured mom.

"I'll introduce you both when we reach our, uh... eighth month anniversary... until then my relationship is off limits." Elrid says, his tone one of final.

"Bu- "

"Syl~" Jaemin interrupt her, squeezing her waist slightly as he looks at his wife with a fond yet stern stare. Which was quite similar to the look her son gave her just a second ago. Talk about genetic.

"Okay..." Sylvia murmur, a visible pout on her plush lips. Seeing his mom's slumping mood, the boy sigh; his long fingers combing through his silky white hair. Damn his weak heart.

"Okay... I'll let you meet them when we're four mo-" the rest of his words are drowned by how loud Sylvia squealed.

"So, how is my brother?" all of his friends were at his face the moment he stepped in to the cafeteria, except Athen who snorted at Callum's question.

"Huh.... He's... nice...." The boy replies bashfully, his eyes lowering to his sandwich.

"Did you fuck??" even though they didn't get any scent from the boy giving off the hint that they did the deed, Saffron still asks just to see Elrid's face flushing that deep crimson red. Hell, little shit 2 doesn't even smell like Beta!

And much to her delight the boy's pale cheeks flush with a deep pink colour as his ebony eyes enlarging in utter horror. "No!!!"

"Ask simple questions Ron...." Alen smacks the blonde on her head, making the cucumber piece she was chewing to sputter out from her mouth. Athen, Kit and Callum grimace, eyeing the cucumber piece with a disgusted expression while Saffron wipe that filth with a tissue paper all the while glaring at a laughing Alen.

"Yeah, simple. So, did you kiss???" it was now Emmerson's turn. She wiggled her coloured eyebrows in a suggestive manner making Kit and Hester giggle as Elrid's face heated up again.

"He gave me peck..." it was a mumble. But they all heard it even through the loud ruckus in the cafeteria. Perks of being werewolf.

"What the fuck!!! A- "

"Peck!!!" Alen and Emmerson finished Saffron's sentence. Athen just shook his head, he's not sure at whom though.

"Cute..." Hester chuckled.

"Uh, he's human after all" After a minute of silence Callum whispered. Even though the boy didn't understand what the red head meant by that sentence, his attention was grabbed by Emmerson who screamed tea from the other end of table. God, Miles would love her.

So, as the generous best friend, he dived into his first date with his dream man, explaining all tiny teeny details since the three musketeers were such suckers for gossips.

# # # #

"Can you wipe that off your face.... It's making me sick..." Zander grumbles, his light hazel darkening in irritation at the stupid smile on his beta's face. That smile was present since the moment he returned from their first date. And quite honestly Zander is sick of it. Of course, he is happy for his friend. But that doesn't mean he have to witness that fucking sickingly sweet smile for 24/7. That's just torture. pure torture.

"Let him be..." Raven chuckles at their grumbling Alpha. "So do you guys have any plans this evening??" raising his dark brown eyebrows, the light caramel coloured male asks. Zander shrugs without taking his eyes from the financial papers; right hand scribbling some points here and there, whereas Caleb looked through another bundle of papers.

'Ah... sorry, I've already told Bambi that I'll meet him after class" Caleb replies, his tone apologetic. The light hazel eyes of Zander slightly widen at hearing the name that tumbled from his best friend's mouth. Bambi.

"I thought you hated calling nicknames??" the perplexed timbre in the Alpha's voice earns an affirmative nod from the gamma while the beta looks at them from his paper work, his cloudy eyes squinted in confusion.

"we're dating...." Zander and Raven grumbles at their friend's oblivious nature. Even though the beta is the sharpest and smartest one among them, the male can be stupidly oblivious to the things which are related to feelings. Just like this thing with Cole, sure Caleb doesn't see her that way, Zander and Raven can bet their kidney that the said male won't even look at her even if he doesn't have a mate. But he still doesn't reject her advances towards him. Like the time she dragged Caleb with her to opera saying 'I'm sure the others don't have the ability to comprehend what they see' which is by the way true. But that's not the point. But in Zander's view, Caleb too doesn't know shit about opera. Because come on, the Alpha knows his bestfriend since they were in their diapers days. but without rejecting her offer like a normal werewolf would do, he went with her. Zander and Raven both know there's nothing wrong with watching a movie with your friends, but not when the said friend has a gigantic crush on him. Damn his people pleaser attitude.

"Yeah, for... one week?" Raven quips in, his light coca brown eyes twinkling in judgement.

The alpha heir suddenly perks up, not intending to miss a chance to pull their friend's leg. "And I can vaguely remember how you whined about and let me quote 'nicknames are cringey and cheesy. And Caleb Murphy don't do cringey' "a booming sound erupt from Raven's mouth, his buff body trembling in laughter.

"Oh.... I remember that.... It was the first time we drunk poison right??" chuckling at the irritated Caleb, Raven questions.

"We said, we don't talk about it..." squinting his stormy eyes in irritation, Caleb grumbles.

"Today is an exception..." Zander chirps in, his hazel eyes lightening up in mischief. Caleb really wanted to smash his idiotic friend's head against the dark mahogany desk in front of him; but he just breath out a loud exhale.

He sighs. "we're mates... and we're dating...." Caleb pauses, the scent of citrus and chocolate blooming around him as he thought about his mate. "The name suits him, you know?? His eyes are really big... big and wide.... and it's so dark.... And he got this cute blus- " Raven watches in fascination how Caleb's irritated scent turned into that sweet dark chocolate scent as soon as he talked about his mate- who he was yet to meet.

"Yeah, yeah, we get it.... you're whipped." Zander grumbles -again- his face scrunching as he gets a whiff of sweet orange and dark chocolate; making his office smell like that one chocolate store he used to visit when he was a kid.

"Cole will be crushed..." the chuckle from the gamma earns a confused stare from Caleb, Zander rolling his eyes at the comment.

"What she got to do with Elrid??" again, oblivious.

"Nothing...." Waving off the beta, Raven looks at their Alpha. "So, alpha wanna join us in den?" Zander shrug, his attention flickering towards the bundle of papers. Damn, being an Alpha sucks.

Caleb closes the door with a thud, leaning against his truck just as the loud ring of bell resonated around the hushed parking lot indicating the end of class. Just as the bell rang there was booming noises of students; yelling, screaming, running, laughing. He slightly winced, the loud noises a distant memory after his graduation. Can't say I missed this.  scrunching his nose,as an onslaught of different types of scents mixed with sweats starts surround him as students walks out from the main door. It was quite familiar to the first time he entered the locker room. Goddess, he can still remember that awful day. The amount of time he spent hunched at the toilet puking his guts out as Raven and Zander laughed their butts off. Ah, memories.... Nasty memories....

The male stood there, watching teenagers walk past him. Some- mostly werewolves- inclined their heads in his way, just nod of recognition; while humans looked at them with appreciation and envy and some lust. Goddess, teenager girls are worst. Ares growled inside him, all those scents surrounding him suffocating him.

'Where is my mate???' just as the thought flashed through him, he got a whiff of something, rain and forest... so like his mate. He purred, his tail wagging like a fan as he noticed the scent of his mate was floating towards him.

'he's coming....' Ares' tongue was lolling out as their mates' scent fully enveloped them, other scents fading like they doesn't even exist. 

'Yeah, I noticed!' Caleb rolled his eyes, just a he saw a white mop of hair, bouncing through the teetering students. Then he saw him.

Elrid was jogging towards them, his dainty hands clutching the straps of his black schoolbag tightly as he swiftly dodged some students along his way. His ebony eyes were on him, the white silky hair a tangled yet cute mess after the boy's constant combing.

"Hey..." he panted, his pale cheeks slightly flushed from... running or because of the male??? Caleb is not sure. But he wanted to grab the boy... and peck him senseless. But he knows he can't do that.... Elrid might not be ready, to be seen in public... he's not ready. So, the male opted for a dashing smile.

"Hey Snowdrop" Caleb grinned, grabbing the bag from his mate's shoulder without a question; causing Elrid to lower his ebony eyes bashfully. He can feel the stares- judging stares. Before he can mull over about some of those negative auras, Caleb had opened the passenger door. Inviting the boy inside the truck in a princely way. Elrid chuckled, happily obeying.

The ride was not as silent as their first one, but they weren't really chatty either. But they still talked about their day. Which was an open invitation for Elrid to rant and vent about how the exams were hard and teachers torturing them by piling assignments on them . The male could tell his mate was exhausted, he remembers how the boy whined yesterday night about their maths exam they had today. Apparently, maths is his mate's nemesis. He hated them as much as he hated cabbages and lettuces which is apparently a no-no for Elrid.

Caleb chuckled at the memory of a grumbling Bambi at their first date, who kept mumbling 'nasty little things' as he picked the lettuces from his burgers. It appears that Elrid forgot to voice out his hate for lettuce to Caleb, before he ran to washroom. Even though the male is not too keen on healthy diets- perks of being a werewolf- he doesn hate leafy vegetables. He'll eat anything, if they're tasty. But Caleb won't lie, grumbling Elrid was honestly cute. Too cute.

"Welcome to the Jo's café... the best one in Riverfalls..." Parking the car in front of what looked like a café, the male closed the door. Just as he begins to walks towards his mate's door; Elrid was there, standing in front of him. ebony eyes full of curiosity as he looked at the peanut-coloured building in front of him.

"I told you to sit there..." Caleb grumbled, squinting his stormy eyes in irritation just because he couldn't get to open the door for his mate.

He blinks. "Oh... uh... do you want me to return to the seat???" he peers at the taller male, his wide ebony eyes such a contrast to those white silky strands.

"You are cute... you know that?" heat crawled upon his cheeks as he heard that deep chuckles. He wanted to shy away from the male, despite the thundering heart, Elrid throw a cheeky smile at the taller one.

"You are cute too..." the compliment was said in such a tone that Caleb felt like the boy was stating a fact. Not complimenting him. Caleb can feel something rushing past his neck, his calloused hand unconsciously touching his ear as his heart made a cartwheel inside his ribs. Ares howling inside his head in pride, their mate complimented them. cute or hot the wolf didn't care. The compliment was made by their mate; he will gladly accept it if it was from Elrid.

"I...uh." Caleb cleared his throat, kicking himself as he heard his mate's teasing chuckle. "I'm not cute.... I'm handsome..." he grumbled out, his grey eyes squinting in a mock irritation.

"Well, I didn't say you weren't" Elrid nonchalantly shrug, throwing a teasing wink at the male. Ah, my bambi is bolder than I thought...

Caleb gave a mock gasp. "Are you flirting with me Mr. Forest??" the teasing smile turned to a laugh, the ebony eyes hiding behind a pair of crescents. Caleb wanted to squish the boy's pale cheeks, smother him in kisses. But the chatter of crowd around him anchored him to his own sanity, blaring as a warning red sign inside his head. Instead, he grabbed the boy's arm in a firm hold, dragging him into the café.

The scent of butter and bread along with something sweet assaulted the moment Elrid stepped into the shop. Elrid sniffed, inhaling the scent of heaven- sure he doesn't have any experience with heaven or hell if that matter. His only duty is to send the ghost in their pathway by helping those who need guidance. But Harrison once said that, there is no heaven... or like heaven is not like the heaven everyone knows. It's more like an abyss- a white void with no start or end- the memories we make with our loved ones make them heaven. Quite a dark fantasy if someone ask him. but if he dies and goes to heaven, he wants them to smell this. Soft and yummy. And a little bit of Caleb's scent. Wait that'll make me horny. Heaven is a holy place; you can't make it dirty with your horny thoughts Eli~. He chastises himself.

Caleb took his mate to a corner seat inside the café, away from the crowded part of café. Jo's café, which is actually owned by Maria joseph, wife of Skariya Joseph their current Delta. Jo's café is one of the most desired shops for pastries and cupcakes. They've several varieties of cupcakes alone and don't even talk about pies.

"Looks like heaven...." Elrid muttered, looking around the shop in awe from where he sat. the shop had a warmness to it. The daffodil-coloured walls held some black and whites' pictures or more like some doodles. One side of the wall was fully covered in some kind of climbing plant. Warm yellow lights hung from the wood padded ceiling. The light brown coloured tables and chairs only added more aesthetic to the appearance. Decorative plants placed on every corners. The glass shelf showed such varieties of pies and cupcakes. Some tartlets and cakes also placed on them. near the shelf one side of wall was a big board of so many varieties of drinks and pastries- with picyures. Despite not being a fan of candies and chocolates, Elrid would die for cupcakes. Especially something sour yet sweet.

Caleb chuckles, grabbing the small menu card for Elrid.

"So, you like pastries??" the question earned a glower from Elrid.

"You're asking me that now?" Caleb shrugs, his eyes looking at his mate expectantly.

"What if I say no?" instead of answering, the boy tosses out another question.

"I'm sure you don't hate this place" otherwise I would've known it from your scent.

"Well, I'm not really a fan of sweets... but I like cupcakes and cakes...."

"Good for you... Maria makes some mean cupcakes." Just as Caleb says a woman walks towards them dressed in a white shirt and coffee coloured dress pants, with a notepad and pen in one hand.

"Hello guys, Welcome to Jo's café.... Ready for ordering??" Caleb is the one who ordered, even for Elrid. The male mostly ordered cupcakes, how many? the boy isn't sure. But is he complaining? Not a bit.

The moment Sofia and some other girl strutted towards them with two large plates filled with different variety of cupcakes, Elrid wanted to scream his love for Caleb from highest roof top in this world with a microphone. Well, he would've at least whispered to the said man, if not for the loud grumbling his stomach let out. Causing the taller male to chuckle.

"Well come on... taste it..." he urged, the grey eyes softening at the boy's sweetening scent. Elrid ignored the retreating girls bewildered look. Huh, wouldn't have expected a scrawny boy like me can eat this much.

Caleb was intently watching his mate, who sat in front of him watching the cupcakes like they were the toughest equation he has ever faced in his life. The male let out a breathy laugh.

"What??" the whispered grumble was cute.

Shrugging with a teasing smile, Caleb picks a red velvet with cream cheese topping. Grumbling, Elrid too grabs a cupcake, picking the white sprinkles from the topping with the same ferocity as he picks those lettuces out. Caleb would've laughed out, if not for the horror that was happening in front of him. the male watched Elrid; his grey eyes bulging out in terror as his mate licked the buttercream icing clean off of the cupcake. Then ate the cupcake without tearing the paper- like it's a crime to touch the cupcake.

"That was the weirdest way I've ever seen someone eating a cupcake..." Elrid tilted his head, eyeing up the male who sat in front of him with a fascinated smile. The boy was on his second last cupcake, this one the name he isn't sure. But the flavour of mango was hard to not notice. Even though the male used 'weird', Elrid noticed that there was no malice in it. Contrary to it Caleb said the sentence with such a fascination that he felt the tell tale of heat creeping up his cheeks.

"My mom eats like that.... I just...." Lowering his eyes to the tray, he whispered out. Voice shy and awkward.

"it's weird... but cute..."

"Did you like it??" Caleb asks, one hand lazily tapping on the steering wheel as he waited for the signal to change.

"Oh God yes...." He moaned, like he can still feel the taste of cupcakes. "Those where one of best cupcakes I've tasted so far.... Can I marry her???" the question was innocent and teasing. But not for the wolf. Ares was possessive. He was everything Caleb wasn't. So, when he felt the telltale of Ares' possessiveness, Caleb was there to ground him.

"Well fortunately you can't.... I'm pretty sure Skariya isn't one for sharing..." he teases, his grey eyes glinting as Ares' feelings intensified within him. Elrid noticed that, the slight change in his tone even though the male sounded as playful as his usual self; his eyes weren't. those stormy grey eyes had this hardened look, making them appear much darker than they look. Even though the boy doesn't feel any threat from the taller one, he was bewildered. uh, what's it??? Before Elrid can ponder more about it, Caleb parked the truck a few meters away from his mate's house. It's not like he's afraid of them. no. but Elrid requested that he want them to keep it low. And who is he to deny his mate's wishes.

Before Elrid can open the door, he was stopped by a hand on his elbow "wait Bambi...." Caleb called out, removing his hand from his mate's as he digs through the back seat. After grabbing something Caleb turned towards him with a hesitant smile; that confident glimmer in his stormy eyes dwindling a little bit as he held a slightly average sized brown bag in front of the boy's confused face.

"What is it??" grabbing the paper bag from the male, Elrid notices that despite the size, the package doesn't weigh much. huh, dress maybe.

Caleb slightly touched his reddening ears, the freckles in his cheeks slightly darkening as he looks at his mate with a rare shy smile. "Uh....my.... first gift to you as your uh... bo- boyfriend...." Elrid would've definitely cooed at the male's shyness, if not for the word 'boyfriend' blaring in his mind.

"I. I am your b-boyfriend??" the boy stuttered out; his cheeks too equally flushed.

"We are dating...?" it was a question. Confusion etched to his every facial feature as Caleb looks at the boy with knitted brows.

"You didn't ask me about it though.... Uh, to be your boyfriend...."

"Oh.... I didn't know.... nobody told me about that" uh, what's that supposed to mean?? It's common courtesy right??

Now, Caleb wanted to bang his head at the steering wheel for messing something so simple as this. Of course, you can't just command him to be your boyfriend like you command your subordinates you idiot. Humans won't work like that.

"So..." Caleb took a deep breath, his heart thundering inside him in an odd rhythm.

"Elrid Forest.... It's not really sudden... but, uh will you be my boyfriend??" the response was a laugh. And Caleb watched in fascination how those wide ebony eyes become crescent like the moon.

"We are a mess, aren't we??" his mate asked with a breathy chuckle, the pinkness on his cheeks darkening as he noticed the taller one's stare on him.

"You didn't answer me" he reminded.

"You already declared we're boyfriends... but yes... I'll..." the boy gave him a dazzling smile.

"Thank you for the gift... and... uh," Elrid looked around, suddenly his heart beating in a different pattern. Why is Bambi suddenly so nervous?? Before he can ask, there was something soft on his cheeks. Something soft yet firm, cold yet warm. It was gone the second he blinked. His mind suddenly short circuiting as he registered the soft thing that touched his cheeks where actually Elrid's lips. The boy was out of the truck the next second. Running like the hellhounds were after him. Caleb would've loaughed his butt off, if not for his own stupor.

'mate's lips are soft.' Ares purred, his tail wagging as he looked at his now running mate. He would've chased him, but alas the human had him on a tight leash. I'll get my chance....

"I kissed him!!!" Elrid screeched the second he was in front of Miles.

"No, you pecked him" the ghost deadpan, halting the silent squeal of the boy.

The white-haired boy looks at him, his ebony eyes doubtful. "Were you peeking on us??"

"Excuse me bitch.... I was actually following a cat y'know?? Then lo and behold there was you inside the truck being a blushy mushy mush.... with all that blush I expected a full make out session.... But no!!!!" the ghost suddenly exclaims, startling the boy. To say the ghost was disappointed will be an understatement.

Miles gave a horrendous look. "But what do I see??? Some cheesy cringey shits.... God, I wanted to gauge my eyes out...." dramatic but, huh sure.

"So, you don't have no problem watching us make out... but you want to puke when we talk like couples??"

"Eh... sex talk is a yes!" Elrid grimace, watching the ghost's cheeky smile.

"You are...uh...."

"Awesome.... I know..." he drawls out. "Now what's in the bag??" popping in front of the boy he asks, pointing at the brown paper bag.

"don't know... I didn't look."

"Then let's check.... I have to see if it's some kinky shit." Elrid didn't know what to say to that.

"I told you; you guys are cringe...." Mile's deadpan, his blue pale eyes zeroed on the lion plushie.

# # # #

The night looked daunting. The darkness overriding the moon light seeping through the leaves round him, consuming the whole woods like they were trying to devour it. There was no wind but the night was cold, so cold that he felt like it was piercing into his skin like small needles. It was disturbing, like nature was trying to hide itself from something. What?? he doesn't know. But he can feel it, the darkness. Darkness means protection but it also represents fear, elimination and death. The negative energy was surrounding him with such intensity that Elrid doesn't think the darkness surrounding him was for protection.

But he wasn't scared, it wasn't his first time in astral realm and he knows it won't be his last. ignoring the bone chilling coldness, he tried to move forward. But the coldness around him suddenly increased, he can feel the frost biting into his exposed skin. Then he felt it, a rift, just as the darkness slammed into him. he gasped, his foot faltering as he tumbled backwards. God!!

With a gasp Elrid opened his eyes, his eyes blurry as he looked around himself. He can notice the blurry outline of his grey curtains, flowing as the wind blows against them, blurry images of something round and shiny and... floating??? Groaning himself, he rubs his eyes to make the view clear. Muttering out curse as he saw the twinkling fairy lights, which he misunderstood as some floating shiny thing just a moment ago.

"Nightmare?" Miles was there, the moment his vision was cleared. The ghost looked concerned, his pale blue eyes glinting like an aquamarine stone when the moon light shone on them.

"Not really...." Slumping against his headboard with an exhausted sigh, Elrid looks at the giant clock, 2 am, well here goes my precious sleep. Miles looks at the boy in confusion his pale bloody fingers touching his forehead as wrinkles appears on his forehead.

"There was a rift and ... some dark energy...." before the ghost can question the boy says, his ebony eyes gazing at the forest. Elrid can feel it in his bones, something dark.... But what??

"Ah...." the ghost's eyes widen as realization dawns on him. "Its them... isn't??" Mile's grimace.

"Maybe... maybe not...." Even though the boy's reply was vague, he knows he is correct.

"Do you want me to check??" suddenly the exhausted ebony eyes hardened, making the ghost gulp.

"No.... of course, I won't. I'm just kidding..." awkwardly laughing Miles look at the still glaring Elrid.

"good" Elrid gives a curt nod, waving off the ghost as he looks at his crystal collection. He sighs, standing from his bed, he walks towards them, picking an average sized opal crystal, those were good to get rid of negative energy and for meditations also. And after this journey he's sure some of them stuck into him. the fast he can remove those negative energies from him the better.

"Okay, I won't disturb you..." Miles says, popping out of the room into the living room before the boy can even look at him. Damn, the boy can scary! He muttered, slumping against the couch. even though it was three years since they both found each other, it's still surprising for him, when Elrid lose his shit. Even if berserk Elrid is quite a rare sight there are moment when the soft-spoken boy loses his crystals*. And trust me, those aren't a great experience. Angry Elrid was a demonic spawn; he could swear better than Miles, smash things better than hulk and look at you like literal grim reaper is staring into your soul. Yeah, not so soft and squishy right now, right?

But Miles won't blame the boy though. He knows the boy is suffering. Being a medium has its own toll on his mental and physical wellbeing and add empath into it. The boy can be exhausted just by visiting a really crowded area. Crowded places are indeed a terrible place for a medium. He knows Elrid was home schooled just because he couldn't handle the extra baggage of emotions from other kids until he was trained by Harrison. And whenever Elrid is overwhelmed, he needs to meditate, in order to ground his emotions.

the ghost just stretches his body on the sofa. He doesn't know how many hours he has to wait for the boy. Last time -which was five months ago- it was eight hours; that was the longest the boy had ever meditated. At least after Miles had befriended him. The ghost really wanted to roam outside, especially after Elrid said that he felt a negative energy. But he doesn't want the boy to get angry at him, it's not every day Elrid forbid him to do something. So, without much whining, the ghost stands up from where he sat, floating towards the big shelf where Sylvia's books was placed. Tall and proud. Miles' bloodied hand runs along the spines. After much thought- well not really- he grabbed one, where the cover showed a black and white image of a women in a satin dress, her hands tied but a revolver in her hand. And a man... fuck he's hot!!! Clad in suit pressed against her front. Hetero or not, I'm gonna read it.

And he did exactly that. 

I think this is the longest chapter I've ever written till today. 6K words. WoW.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 77.6K 28
Berlin Cahill has always been different. He was the smallest of the bunch from the beginning. When he did not shift at the age of 13, as all werewolv...
1.7M 61.1K 22
"Mate." His words had me frozen. His eyes seared into mine and I felt weak. Even my wolf said it, but I couldn't really believe him either. This wasn...
567 14 13
A small sigh could be heard throughout the room. A shorter boy was pushed against the wall as a thund could be heard in the room, the smaller boy did...
31.1K 1.2K 41
Over the years there have been multiple stories about werewolves and their mates, how they found them, how they work together and how that person bec...