You fell first, I fell harder...

By Luke_Whiterock

Large collection of wenclair oneshots, ranging from super short to super long. Hope you enjoy! Mostly Agere... More

"Would it be all right if I borrowed your sweater? It smells like you."
"How about something warm? It will help you sleep."
"I waxed the floors, grab your fluffy socks."
Midnight mayhem (Angest)
Thalassophobia (Part 1/2)
Thalassophobia (Part 2/2)
Summertime gay panic
Denial
Your body is better than mine
All stares align
Maybe this wasn't the best way
Handyman
Little
Mates
Beds
Hugs
Pets and kisses
Playdate
THANK TWITTER
I'M NOT OKAY
Woof?
The way my mouth fell open
Would you call it coming out. (requested)
Seizure.
Laying
Body vibrator
Bleed
Eat or I will make you
Never enough
If i knew
Romance in the air
Pictionary
Swimming
Ppl on tiktok being slay
Crying prank
Rain
You drew stars, around my... freckles?οΏΌ
Stollen stuffie
Numb
The signals tyler should have been looking for.
Haunted
Sensual food tasting
Frostbite
Pumpkin carving
This is Halloween, everybody scream.
Blue and red makes purple
Depression
Tomato sauce
Mute
Scars
Obsessed
I still remember, third of december.
"Kiss me"
Classification
Ilness
Don't let me down
Closet confessions
Drunkn kisses
Almond trail mix
On this day
Chaque fois
Fears of fire (1/2)
Fears of fire (2/2)
Hearing aids
All eyes are on you
Such a trick
Punishment
Under the bed
Kick
Pancakes

Theres just inches in between us

759 25 76
By Luke_Whiterock

Prompt: Over spring brake, Wednesday starts missing Enid's touch so badly it hurts. She doesn't know why, turns out it's the Addams curse...and if she doesn't get to Enid soon it's fatal.

There were three things that bugged Wednesday more than anything else in the world. Colours, touch, and the fact that she was missing both of them.

It had started out okay. In fact it hadn't even started until about a month ago. At first all she felt was longing, once every few days she would get a slight pain in her chest, not physically, just that sinking feeling that she wanted something. Someone.

Eventually it had evolved into real pain, like a cramp that lasted a few seconds. Than there was right now. It may as well have been a heart attack. The pain spread to every corner of her body, like she was being stretched or pulled somewhere by a string in her heart while her arms and legs were pinned to a bord.

Of course this feeling had started at the very top of their staircase. You try and stand while you are being torn appart. She was positive the impact of her head hitting the stairs as she slipped downwards would leave a concussion. Though it felt fast, she basically just looked like she was sliding down the stairs on her back.

Once she had reached the bottom the pain had subsided, just enough for her to stand up again, placing her hand against the back of her head.

"What was all that clanging?" Morticia asked, walking into the room. "Were you sword fighting with your brother in the living room again?"

"I just tripped mother, don't flatter yourself. He's off in his room doing who knows what."

Morticia frowned. "Tripped where?"

"Stairs."

"From what? The top one?" She joked softly. Wednesday nodded. "Oh goodness how did you manage that, you have better balance than anyone in this house, is Bertha haunting the top step again, I swear if she-"

"No don't worry, I think she's in the piano, I just...happened to get a little pain that caused me to misstep."

"I have seen you stand up while being electrocuted."

"...larger pain."

Sighing, Mortica approached her daughter. "How did it happen?"

"It was just a cramp stop sweating it," Wednesday attempted to turn away, but her shoulder was quickly caught in her mothers strong hand.

"Was it? Or did it start as a cramp."

Feeling her stomach flutter, the young Addams tried to harden her face more. "I do not see how this is your problem, now if you don't mind, I am going to tend to the...dishes..."

"Wednesday you can't hide it forever you know. Actually you can't hide it at all, me and your father knew the moment you walked back into this door. Love is not something you can hide."

Love? She wasn't in love, she was just...enthralled by Enid. Their was no romantic feelings involved, was there? She didn't want to touch Enid. That was just her brain, her stupid brain, Enid was annoying. Colourful and annoying, loud.

"Oh...you didn't know."

"I am not in love mother, I don't know what you are on about, I would never want to touch myself to some pestering male."

"I never said male," Mortica rose her hands above her head. "Their pronouns could be cat/cats for all I care, they could be from mars. I know when my daughter loves somebody."

Wednesday frowned. "What?"

"This thing your brother signed me up for, toktik? I believe it's a neopronoun, or is there another word."

"Tiktok, and it's neopronoun...she doesn't use-" Wednesday clamped her hand over her mouth. Their was no she because there was no love. It was a friendship, it was- someone shot her in the chest. Not literally, she was just on the ground again. The pain 1000% times worse.

Fine! It was love! Wednesday waited for the feeling to go away but it didn't. She had admitted it, why was it still there? Why did she still want to touch Enid still!

Mortica crouched down, placing her hand on her daughters shoulder. "One second. It will pass."

As it slowly calmed, Wednesday pressed her cheek into the cold tile flooring.

"How long have you been getting the pain?"

"One month," Wednesday whispered, wishing she could get up and walk away. Erase the last few moments of weakness, but she couldn't.

"Wednesday, for goodness sake you have two weeks left!"

"What do you mean?" Wednesday sat up, rubbing her head.

"The curse, did I not warn you enough when you were younger?"

"I thought you could go five months without your lovers touch, and I didn't know I was in love with her!"

"Exactly. I know whoever it is you probably haven't even come face to face with for at least two, it is spring brake after all, and I can assure you you weren't reaching out to touch her every waking moment at school."

Wednesday paused, mentally counting. The last time she had touched Enid was the hug...exactly five months ago.

"So I'm just going to die."

"Not if you go find that damn woman and confess to her."

"I thought I just had to touch her."

Mortica rolled her eyes. "Even Pugsley knows more about this."

"So you are telling me I have to travel to San Francisco, confess my apparently undying love for her and just...stay with her?"

"San Francisco? Who would choose to live there. And no, you have to bring her back here."

"How am I supposed to get there?"

"That's for you to figure out," Mortica shrugged and stood up. "See you in a few days."

And that's how Wednesday ended up walking straight out her front door with a backpack and catching a cab to the air port.

The good thing about living in a smaller area was that planes were almost never full, so she had no problem booking a flight to San Francisco.

▼・ᴥ・▼

Wednesday shoved her bag under the seat, pulling the headphones Enid had given her at the end of the school year over her ears. Once she had set up her music, Wednesday pulled up texts.

Her and Enid chatted almost daily, though it was mostly Enid doing the talking.  She probably should have texted Enid that she was coming, but instead she just scrolled up, reading through their past few conversations.

The plane ride was long, especially squished between the older couple who sat on ither side of her, but eventually the plane landed, a soft patter of rain on the windows.

"Okay passengers, the present time is two twenty am, it's currently 20 Celsius with a slight drizzle."

Of course it was. Wednesday pursed her lips. She had two options. Go to Enid's house in the middle of the night, or have the humiliation of sleeping on a airport bench. Considering the fact she had no clue where Enid house was, she chose the latter.

Unsurprisingly, the bench was rather uncomfortable, but eventually Wednesday managed to drift off to sleep.

▼・ᴥ・▼

The sound of an announcement woke her up at five, no chance of sleep after that, especially due to the horrid pain in her back. Her heart was throbbing slightly, and she knew it probably wouldn't stop until she saw Enid again.

"Ma'am?" An older woman stood over her, bag in hand. "Oh good you are awake! Are you waiting for the five thirty?"

"No, I landed a few hours ago," Wednesday sat up, pulling her bags close.

"Oh are you waiting for someone?"

"Not really."

The woman frowned. "So no one knows you are here? You look fairly young."

"I'm surprising someone."

Sighing, the woman sat down. "I see."

The next few hours passed, people coming and going, the occasional person trying to make small talk, but eventually it finally hit eight. Fifty fifty chance Enid would be awake, depending on if she had something to do today.

She quickly called her friends number, waiting as it rung. Finally someone picked up, the sound of slight static from the other side.

"Hello?" Enid's soft morning voice filled her ears, her heart stinging harsher.

"Enid. Hi."

"Wednesday I just woke up why are you calling me this early?" She groaned, the sound of her flopping back onto her bed disrupting her last few words.

"What's your address?"

A pause. "That is so random, can you call me back in like...fiveee hours?" Okay so she had nothing to do.

"Sinclair just give me your address."

"Why do you even need it? You better not be planning some spell or something."

"Enid."

"Fineeeee," Enid listed the road and address as Wednesday wrote it down.

"Okay can you call back in like-" Wednesday hung up the phone.

The house was about a thirty minute cab ride away, meaning she could be there in forty if she could figure out how Uber worked.

It turned out to take twenty minutes for her to work out the damned app, but eventually she figured it out, requesting a drive with 'Mallie'.

Luckily the woman didn't turn out to be very talkative, making the drive feel a lot shorter as they drove through trees and bridges.

Catching her eye, a small flower shop sat on the side of the road. With a quick backtrack and a few extra dollars, she quickly purchased a red rose.

"I'm going to assume this is your destination?"

The house was pretty simple. Larger than your average house though, about four floors. The siding was slightly yellow, it reminded her of that house from the movie Enid had shown her. Scream. From her position she could tell they owned a lot of land though, considering many other houses were visible. Packs did live together after all.

"Yes, did my money transfer?"

"Mhm."

Wednesday stepped out of the car, walking up to the front door. It didn't seem that anyone was around, or they were still sleeping.

Are you up?

It was clear Enid was, the text being read the moment it was sent.

Yea, why do you ask? Do you wanna call again?!???????!!??

Oh she wanted to do more than call.

Check your front door.

Why? I'm all cozy in beddddd!!

For goodness sake this woman was going to be the death of her.

Sinclair.

Fineeeeeeeeeeeehheheheh. Did u send me smthin? Heading there rn.

A click came from the other side of the door and it flew open. "Why would she send me here I-" Enid's eyes went wide, mouth hanging equally as open. "Huh? What are you..."

"You did offer a visit did you not?" Her heart was pounding now, the pain reaching an almost unbearable point. All she wanted to do was reach out and pull Enid into a hug, she could see the same desire in the other girls eyes, though she knew she thought she couldn't.

"But you didn't tell me..."

"I offered enough hints."

Enid's eyes glanced down, frowning at the flower in Wednesday's hand. "Uh, why do you have a rose?"

Right, the rose. Apparently she wasn't nearly as good at the romance stuff as her parents. "It's for you," Wednesday stuck out her hand, practically shoving the rose in the other girls face.

"Oh, thanks," Enid smiled softly, taking the rose from her and holding it close to her chest. "Sorry, I'm still in my pjs, I mean you're so pretty like...in your...fancy clothes and stuff and I'm just here-"

"You're pretty." That was somehow even worse than the rose.

Enid's face went bright red, the colour rising up all the way above her cheeks. "Oh, thank you, do you want to...come in?"

"Sure."

The whole house smelt faintly of herbs, though the thoughts of smell disappeared as Wednesday felt her hand skim by Enid's. Hardly a touch, but it felt like touching an electric fence, except she wanted to do it again.

"Listen Wednesday I want to talk I was going to do it when school started but this is better."

What did that mean? Wednesday felt her heart sink into her feet.

"Sure, what do you want to talk about?"

"I...okay...I like you a lot."

"You don't want to be friends," of course. She should have guessed, what else would she die of, love was possibly the cruelest way to go.

"No! No I...Wednesday I like you...more than a friend. I'm sorry."

The pain in her chest subsided, leaving her feeling rather empty. One person had confessed, of course the other had to aswell.

"Enid, why in the world would I fly halfway across the country and give you a damn rose if I didn't feel the same way?"

Enid frowned. "Damn I'm stupid."'

"It's fine, I like stupid apparently," Wednesday let one corner of her mouth tip upwards, watching as blush danced its way onto Enid's cheeks yet again.

"Can I..." Enid reached out, her arms open. "I know you don't like hugs but..."

Wednesday dropped her bag onto the floor, placing her arms around Enid's hips and pulling her close. The smell of her shampoo wafted up her nose, every pain that had been in her body subsideding fully, and than all the sudden she found her lips against the other girls.

Hands cupping her face, soft pyjamas under her fingertips, the gentle breeze of Enid's breath as it left her nose, her lip chap in her mouth.

"You taste like candy," Wednesday mumbled, pressing her hands deeper into Enid's waistline. She highly doubted she tasted as good, having had only a drip coffee (ironic, but desprit times call for desprit measures) though Enid seemed fine with it.

Eventually the two broke appart, both of their chests heaving. "Enid?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think your parents would notice if I took you back to my place?"

"Didn't you just get here?"

"Would you rather stay?"

Enid grinned. "I will go grab some clothes."

A/N: ik the writing on this one is kinda crappy but most of it was written late so sorry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.1K 276 12
Wenclair fake dating AU!! After a long call with her parents, Wednesday has concluded that they have gone mentally insane. In the mist of the moment...
2.7K 98 7
alrighty, so this story had been in my mind for a long time, Wenclair story, more in the first chapter. started: 2024/01/07 finished:-
66 0 8
just a bunch of one shots ig
89K 1.4K 35
A selection of Michaeng oneshots There will rarely be angst because I'm not good at writing it Mainly Fluffy and smutty chapters Hope you enjoy <3