Crying prank

Prompt: Enid pretends to be having a brakedown to see how Wednesday reacts. She ends up regretting it. Not dating yet.

Enid rushed into the bathroom, closing the door behind her. Knowing Wednesday would be back soon, she waisted no time dabbing some blush onto her face to make it look red, and a bit of mint lipgloss under her eyes, starting up the waterworks. She shoved the stuff back under the sink, sitting down on the toilet.

After a few minutes, the dorm rooms creaky hinges opened and her roommates familiar boots thumping against the floor filled her senses.

"I'm back Sinclair."

Enid waited a bit longer but she said nothing after that, her chair scraping the floor as she clearly sat down. Her typewriter clicking started.

Enid rolled her eyes, clearly she would have to hype this up a bit more. Having taken care of so many kids, Enid definitely knew what an attempt at hiding sobs sounded like. She let a small whimper leave her mouth, hoping the sound would travel far enough for Wednesday to hear.

No response. Why was Enid even doing this again? Right, April. Placing her palm over her face, the werewolf sobbed a few times, finally sniffing to a stop.

The clicking stopped. "Enid?"

Prefect. Enid repeated what she had done before, trying to be more silent this time, though Wednesday had clearly caught onto the sound now. Her chair moved back and Enid heard as she walked over, stopping right in front of the door.

"Do you need an aid of sort?" Enid was fairly shocked that her practically emotionless roommate even gave the time to ask. 

"No, I'm good," Enid smirked slightly as she head the perfectly timed voice cracks. She should try acting.

The doorknob rattled, than stopped. "Are you naked."

Enid frowned, what? "No."

The doorknob moved again, before a slight click could be heard. "I have the door unlocked. Enid, do you need help, and would you like me to enter."

Quickly rubbing the minty pain closer to her eyes she felt as fake tears rolled down her cheeks. Instead of responding she sniffed a few times, pulling her knees up to her chest.

The door opened a crack, and Enid watched as Wednesday entered the bathroom silently. Expecting her roommate to ask questions, she quickly racked her brain for ideas of why she would be having a mental brakedown in the bathroom, though it turned out she didn't need any excuses.

Wednesday leaned down, undoing her shoes and taking them off, leaving them by the door. She walked across the bathroom until she was right next to Enid, than without a word sat down next to her.

Confused, Enid stopped crying for a second, whipping her eyes (bad idea, the tears started right up again). "Uh..."

"Doyouwantahugorsomething?"

Enid was good at understanding fast speaking, but she hardly picked up on the words that exited Wednesday's mouth.  "What?" She seriously needed an acting gig, this was top notch.

A slight hint of red brushed over Wednesday's cheeks, causing Enid's eyes to widen. "Do you want...a hug."

Enid felt as if her stomach had dropped to the bottom of her stomach. She was finally close enough for Wednesday to care and she just had to be an absolute idiot. Real tears streamed down her cheeks now. "No," she quickly said, standing up and rushing out. This was exactly why no one trusted her. What a dumb prank. Her mom was right, she didn't deserve what she had.

Wednesday's pov:

Watching as Enid rushed away, Wednesday frowned. Isn't that exactly what Enid wanted when she was upset? The cold tiles pressed into her back and she heard muffled cries echo from the other room. Maybe she just needed a different approche.

The young Addams grabbed the glass that sat beside the sink, filling it with water. Once she had finished she exited the washroom, walking onto Enid's side of the room as quietly as she could.

"Uh, water," she placed the water on Enid's bedside table and bolted back to her side of the room.

Enid started to cry harder, absolutely confusing Wednesday. What did she want? Thinking back on all the times she had seen Enid comfort people, she relised maybe she should just sit next to her and talk.

Walking back over the invisible line again, Wednesday sat on the edge of Enid's bed. Something was off, Enid's tears were turning...pink?

Everything clicked. Prank. It was April. Unlike normies, outcasts liked to make the whole month a big prank fest. This was a prank. Expecting to be mad, Wednesday braced herself, but no anger came.

"I will admit, you had me for a bit Sinclair."

Enid's eyes flew open, looking up at her, they looked fairly red and irritated. "Huh?"

"It was a good prank."

The werewolf frowned. "How did you-"

"Blush turns liquid pink. It also makes you look like you have been crying."

Enid closed her eyes again, turning into her pillow and letting out a loud growl. "I'm so sorry. It was stupid, and now I'm actually crying over my own damn prank!"

Wednesday frowned, trying to pice everything together. Did Enid...feel bad for pranking her? Did she not remember the spiders Wednesday had put under her pillow?...or had she never found them.

Grinding her teeth together, Wednesday moved closer to Enid, than before she could turn back, wrapped her arms around the girl. She was shockingly warm and smelled like mint as Wednesday rested her nose in the crook of her neck.

"Enid Sinclair you confuse me so much, why in the world are you crying harder I'm trying to help!"

A/N: no cuz this one's actually trash. Ima try and write something better after school tomorrow pplz.