Denial

Prompt: the well needed sick fic

Something was off about Wednesday today. Enid had first noticed at lunch when the latter had only brushed at the top of her soup after skipping breakfast, but she had pushed that behind to the back of her mind.

That was until she watched as Wednesday lost in a fencing match. She didn't just lose, in fact, she lost so badly that the teacher came over and asked if she was doing okay. The worst part? Her opponent had been Kent, who sucked at fencing.

"You good?" Enid asked her girlfriend, walking up to her after class.

"I already stated, I just wasn't in the mood for fencing today," Wednesday huffed.

Enid reached out and gripped her girlfriend's hand in what was supposed to be a comforting way. Instead, she drew back in surprise as she was greeted with a burning hot hand. Wednesday's hands were always cold.

"Baby you are burning up!"

"Don't call me pet names, and I'm just as corps cold as regular Enid."

The blond pinched her lips. "Wednesday come on!"

Wednesday sighed as Enid wrapped her arms around her. "Don't you have plans with Yoko?" She asked, wiggling out of the touch.

Enid's eyes widened. "Oh crap! I forgot about those, I do!"

Maybe Wednesday was just warm from fencing, that was explanatory.

— — — — — — —

Wednesday walked back to her dorm, clenching her jaw as nausea filled her stomach. There hadn't been any stomach flu running around, so she couldn't help but wonder how she had contracted the bug. She flung open the door of the room and walked in, dropping all her homework on her desk and walking into the bathroom.

She placed herself on the floor near the toilet, feeling her lips crack as she breathed air. She would not vomit. She didn't get sick. She hadn't vomited since she was three. Thinking about it made her mouth ache. Thick fluid rose up her throat then she swallowed it down again. Sour spit rested on her teeth and tongue.

"Wednesday? Where are you, Yoko is busy we had to cancel."

Wednesday froze, pushing the fluid down again. The bathroom door creaked open more than before, and Enid's head peaked through. It wasn't hard to tell what Wednesday had been doing, as there were very few reasons one would be hunched over a toilet with a pained face, but Enid didn't call her out on anything. She didn't say she was weak or ill, she just opened the door more and walked in, fiddling through the medical drawer.

Wednesday felt her body shiver and then heave uncontrollably. The vomit reached her mouth and she gripped the edge of the seat, unable to stop the sticky fluid from flowing out of her. She shivered again, the soup she had eaten dripping off her lips.

Enid was by her side in seconds, brushing her sweaty bangs back and taking the thermometer she held in her hands, sticking it into Wednesday's ear. The beep was loud and sharp and Wednesday caught a glimpse of 102.6 resting on the screen. Her body wasn't done as she dry heaved again, wondering how many times she would have to do this.

Stringy globs of saliva rested in her mouth and she let them drop into the bowl below. More vomit flew from her mouth, ending in a horrid cough that forced her lungs to throb wildly. Her stomach ached and her temple throbbed as she felt sweat drip down her face. Little pieces of food stuck in her teeth. She hoped she would be done at this point but Enid's finger brushed at the exact wrong spot on her neck and heaved again, her back arching and hair falling in its braids still over her shoulders. Enid took her hair in her hands and rubbed the girl's back, waiting for what was likely the last wave for the time being to pass.

Finally, nausea dimmed to a light uncomfortable hue and Wednesday reached up, pulling down the flushing mechanism and watching as her lunch washed away. Enid gripped her arms and helped her stand, bringing the girl over to the sink and turning on the faucet. Cold water rushed down and Wednesday lowered her mouth into the stream, letting the sour bile leave her mouth. She cupped her hands under it and splashed her face, the cool southing liquid dripping down her neck.

As she stood she was met with Enid's worried gaze. A cloth was brought to her face and she let Enid grip her arm, leading her out of the bathroom. "Speak of this and I will tear out your spleen," Wednesday huffed, letting herself fall against her pillows. 

"Don't worry, I'm well aware."

Being a werewolf, it was hard for Enid to catch anything, so she didn't have to worry as she sat next to Wednesday and turned on her computer, holding the shivering girl close to her as the day faded into night.

"Goodnight," Wednesday mumbled, closing her eyes.

"Goodnight my love."

A/N hahaha... I won't be able to eat for an hour but it was worth it cuz stomach tingles you know? Probably not...I get wired tingles in my stomach when I read sickfics, almost get sick myself... it's amazing.