Obsessed

Prompt: Wednesday becomes creepily obsessed with Enid. Turns out it's just a crush.

"Who knew I would be the one stalking someone by the end of the year." Wednesday sighed, straightening more in her chair, she cradled her phone in her hand as she watched the little dot move around.

You stalk people almost non stop, Thing  tapped out, making a fair point.

"Not like this! I can pinpoint her exact location right now... she's at the mall with Yoko and Divina. I may or may not have slipped a tracker in her backpack."

Wednesday, that may be a bit overbord. Even for you. Imagine if she found that, If he had eyes he would have rolled them at this point, wishing she would just realise what was going on.

"I know! But what if something happens to her? What if she gets kidnapped, than I have her location so I can save her, or what if-"

I don't think she would be able to take her bag with her to a KIDNAPPING Wednesday.

"Shoot, you're right, I should put them in her clothes," Wednesday frowned. "That's a lot of money though..."

Giving up, Thing shuffled away to leave Wednesday with her mildly disturbing thoughts.

Diverting her attention back to her phone, she quickly pulled up her tracker app up again, making sure Enid was still in a safe location, surprised to see she was in...a vintage store? Interesting, and honestly impressive that she had moved that fast.

Pushing her chair back, Wednesday stood up, grabbing the passably black sweater she had stollen from Enid a while earlier. Addmitibly it was kind of purple, but she could suffer through it. Besides, she was only going into town to make sure it was in fact Enid at that store.

After a brisk twenty five minute walk, she slipped into the store, looking around at the cluttered shelves of old looking plates and cutlery for the most part, even a few typewriters were tucked in the back.

Wandering through the shelves, she found a few random objects that spiked her interest, one of them being a vintage butterfly knife with smooth carvings of a fairy-tail craved into it. The little mermaid, though not the stupid Disney edition.

Wednesday twirled if around in her hand a few times, making sure none of the mechanisms were rusty. It worked perfectly. Perhaps she could buy this while she waited for the tracker to give its next ping.

"This," she placed it onto the counter, pulling out some cash. "How much."

The cashier took it, scanning the code. "Ten bucks, don't say where y'a got it though, technically illegal."

"Illegal?!" Wednesday whipped around, finding herself face to face with Enid, who held a variety of vinyls, most of which were classical or opera music. "Wednesday? Wait, of course it's you, who else would have that said to them." She sighed, placing the vinyls on the counter. "Well there goes my Christmas present idea."

The now very confused cashier handed back the butterfly knife, holding her hands out for the vinyls, though she never got them as Enid grouchily returned them to their shelf.

"How do you keep just appearing everywhere I am?!" There was a clear tone of anger in her voice as she practically dragged her roommate out of the store. "I'm at the mall? There you are. Park? There you are. Gym? There you are. You were at the same damn hotdog stand as me. Are you like...a stalker or something? Because I'm getting pretty damn sick of it. Just kill me already if that's your plan, this games getting boring real fast Addams."

Wednesday felt her chest tighten, she knew she was bad at anything social, but she never understood why when she was trying to protect someone, they got so mad. "Why would I want to kill you." Great, genius question there. Absolutely exactly what needed to be said.

"Because you are a freaking homicidal maniac who doesn't care about anything but yourself! Why was I even trying to get you a present anyway, it's not like you would care. Didn't last time."

Wednesday didn't move, she stopped walking, watching as Enid stormed ahead, going into the weathervane in a matter of seconds without a single glance back. She ruined...everything. Everything she did was wrong, non of the cues she sent were right, nothing she ever said made anyone feel good, nothing she ever did made them smile. She was a waste of time and space.

Another minute or so went by, maybe an hour, she didn't know, she didn't care, but she did hear one thing, and that was the sound of a car rushing through the air as it came hurtling towards her, honking loudly, and the feeling of someone's arms wrap around her and yank her out of the way just as it would have smashed into her body.

She knew it was Enid who had saved her right away, maybe it was the scent of her perfume, maybe it was the way Wednesday had been obsessing over her for the past few weeks, like a maniac according to Enid, or maybe it was the fact that she felt instant comfort as the arms pulled her close, wrapping her into a hug and cradling her back and fourth to block out the people the crowded around, yelling and screaming, some people saying to call an ambulance.

"I'm sorry," Enid's voice slid through all the other sounds, just the way her hair tickled Wednesday's nose. "I didn't mean it, I know you express your admiration in odd ways, I know that...you just wanted to spend time with me but for some reason you felt like you needed to stalk me to do that, take care of me to give yourself a sense of worth. I just...when I got into the weathervane it made sense, I found the tracker, I knew it was you, and I knew...it wasn't to try and kill me."

"I just wanted to protect you," Wednesday whispered, feeling the itchy feeling of the years of tears she held back re surfacing for what felt like the millionth time this week, yet she didn't let them fall. "I don't know why. I have never felt this way before, you make me feel all itchy and hot, I run cold Enid! Never mind the fact you seem to be giving me some sort of stomach disease when I'm near you, it's like I'm going to throw up or-"

The rocking stopped for a moment. "Do you have...a crush on me or something?"

Well that made a lot more sense.

"I'm wearing your sweater."

"I noticed."

They sat in silence for a little longer, the question hanging on open air until the crowd around them had faded.

"I do," Wednesday finally whispered, feeling as if a weight had been lifted off her chest. "I just nearly killed myself over a stupid crush."

"To be fair it wasn't that purposeful," Enid giggled, her lips slightly brushing over Wednesday's cheek as she did. "And for the record, I have one on you too."

Wednesday pulled out of her grasp enough to look her in the eyes. "Do I kiss you now." Smartest question every. That was how the movie scenes normally went though.

"I love how socially awkward you are," she mumbled, than she brought her hand to Wednesday's chin, pulling her closer until their noses touched. "Do you want to kiss me now?"

"Yeah."

Accepting Wednesday wouldn't take first move, Enid pressed her lips to hers, feeling as her body relaxed and her hands moved down to grip her crochet collar. Maybe her heart was beating a little too fast, and maybe her skin was clammy and feverish, maybe she even bonked her teeth against Wednesday's a few times, but she didn't stop, she never pulled back, because love wasn't about just the kisses or the offhanded glances, it was about the true feeling of wanting to spend the rest of your life with someone. And she wanted the rest of her life with Wednesday.