On the track of my mind (M.V)

By repstan13tv

"You're not very easy to forget" "Is that supposed to be a compliment?" "No." #1 Bianca Bustamante 17/12/23 (... More

Introductions
Playlist
Foreword
Part 1 // "You must be Juliette"
Part 2 // "Who are you?"
Part 3 // "He can be nice if he wants to."
Part 4 // "Lavigne."
Part 5 // "I was nice."
Part 6 // "Blue"
Part 7 // "Still blue."
Part 8 // "Fix it."
Part 9 // "Hold it please!"
Part 10 // "How dare he/she?"
Part 12 // "Why are you beeing so nice?"
Part 13 // "It's Juliette by the way."
Part 14 // "Have you seen the pictures?"
Part 15 // "Great."
Part 16 // "Just me and Lavigne."
Part 17 // "Good race."
Part 18 // "My life is not a romcom movie."
Part 19 // "Dare."
Part 20 // "I didn't"
Part 21 // "Everything alright?"
Part 22 // "Hey."
Part 23 // "So beautiful."

Part 11 // "He's wearing a suit."

264 9 0
By repstan13tv

Jules

I couldn't believe I actually got in his car. I also couldn't believe how clean it was. Although Max did seem like a control freak who wanted everything to be neat.

He sighed deaply as he got in and put his arm on the back of my seat to reverse. His face turned my way while his left hand turned the wheel perfectly. I tried not to, but it was hard to keep my eyes away from his arm. Because his suit fit perfectly around those muscles and his face was so close to mine it felt like the temperature rised. I quickly looked the other way touching my cheeks with my hand trying to cool down.

Men in suits really did something to me.

"Everything okay?" he asked me when we left the parking lot. "I'm fine." I lied still looking out the window. Why did he act like he cared? Why did driving with him make me so flushed and confused.

It was the suit.

It had to be the suit.

The tie made him look like a business man and I've always loved to pull at ties. A suit just made a man look better. It was a known fact. I was sure Bianca and Sophia would agree and I couldn't wait to see them at the party. But now I was in a car with Max Verstappen. That wasn't on my bingo card this year. And because we didn't say anything or the radio wasn't on I could hear his breath. I was sure he could hear mine too. I couldn't stand the silence anymore.

"If we have to pretend we're friends. We should know more about eachother." I said breaking the silence. I turned my head to look at him and his eyes were on the road. "What do you want to know?" he simply answered without looking my way. His hand turned the steering wheel so smoothly that it was hard to look away. "Let's start with family." I sugested. He sighed deeply. Was it something he didn't like to talk about?

"Or something else?" I quickly said. "Favorite food?" I asked him looking at his face now. "I like Italian food." he answered, eyes still in front of him. Which was good obviously. I don't know why I wanted him to look at me.

"When was your first race?" he asked me. "Probably karting when I was around 8 years old." I answered. I remembered it pretty well. I didn't win, I mean it was only my first race so what did I expect? Other kids told me it was because I was a girl and girls didn't race. That's why in formula 1 there were only boys. I believed them. But luckily my mom and dad comforted me and that's why I never gave up. So I could prove to those kids that it was possible.

...

Max

I didn't want to talk about family. Was it obvious? Why else would she quickly change the question? Atleast she didn't push me when she noticed I didn't like that topic. I didn't take her for someone who would. But maybe she would with me. Because I've been a jerk to her since day one.

I carefully looked her way. She was looking down. Smiling a little. Before I knew it I felt a smile spread on my lips aswell. What was happening to me?

"What's your biggest dream?" I asked her while trying to focus on the road. It was hard when her hair looked so soft in this low lighting.

"That's a serious question." she started. As she looked up I tried to casually look back to the road. "I think it's to make everyone proud. And to inspire little girls." she answered. "Let me guess yours. To become a world champion again?" she asked rolling her eyes. "It is." I simply answered. What was wrong with that? She just nodded and looked back out the window again. For a while there was silence again. But then she took a deep breath like she wanted to say something. But she didn't.

I kinda wish she did.

...

We finally arived and as I parked the car, I already noticed the flashing lights of cameras outside. I looked at Jules and she definitely saw them too. She looked hesitant to open the door. "Wait." I told her.

I got out the car and waved at the many cameras pointed at me. I walked around the car and opened her door. She looked at me suprised and ignored my hand I offered to get her out. Her worried look was quickly changed with a smile. While waving at the paparazzi her other hand was clenched into a fist next to her. I almost wanted to hold it. Just to make her feel safer. Because I was a nice guy.

But I didn't do it. My hand went her way but quickly returned to my side. I did feel like a coward, but I would've freaked her out if I just grabbed her hand.

We paved our way through the flashing lights and shouting voices. Once we were inside we almost immediatly went different ways. I went to Danny who was at the bar and she practically ran the other way towards Bianca who was talking with some guys. Who were those guys?

"Here he is." Danny said while hugging me. "About time." he followed. I shrugged. "I had to go to that meeting and then I had to take Lavigne with me." I said while nudging my head towards her. He raised his eyebrows in response. "You were in a car with her?" he asked almost laughing at me. "Yeah." I simply answered. "How did that go?" he asked amused. "It was awkard. The worst part is that Tom decided that we should do more things together to make sure everyone thinks we're friends." I told him. "Poor her." he said. "Excuse me?" I whisper-yelled at him.

He just laughed. "You're a great guy, but you're a not so great guy around her." he admitted. "Why?" he asked me while sipping from his drink. I just rolled my eyes. "She isn't a nice girl to me either." I pointed out. I looked at her and she already looked a lot less tensed then before. She was laughing with Bianca and Sophia was also there.

They were still talking with these guys. "Who are those guys?" I asked Daniel without looking away from them. "I don't know." he said. "Are you jealous?" he asked me. I quickly shook my head. "I'm just curious." I explained.

I didn't take my eyes of the group. Who were those guys? Did the girls know them? Meanwhile Carlos and Lando walked up to us.

"What's wrong with you?" Lando asked me. I looked at him and took a deep breath. "Do you know those guys?" I asked him while pointing at the group. "No, why?" he answered. "You're jealous." Carlos gasped. I shook my head once again. "Don't you think it's weird?" I asked them. "They're good looking, sporty, rich girls. It would be weird if they didn't get any attention from some guys." Daniel shrugged.

I looked back towards Jules and noticed her hands. She kept wiping them on the sides of her legs. Was she nervous? Because she liked the guys or because she didn't?

Why do I even care?

...

Jules

I had such an urge to look behind me. I knew that he was there. In his suit.

Stop.

Bianca immediatly introduced me to some men. Benjamin, but everyone called him Ben. I wasn't going to do that. There were also Vic and Will. But I was sure that those were also nicknames.

"Nice to meet you." Vic said while shaking my hand. He had dark curly hair and beautiful brown eyes. I smiled while shaking his hand. He had a grin on his face while his eyes stared right into mine. I didn't feel completely comfortable with him. But I did think he looked good. So why did I want to look behind me so bad?

"Let's go to the dancefloor." I heard Bianca say. She took my hand and I looked at her. She smiled at me waiting for me to answer. "I want to get a drink first." I told her. "Me too." Sophia said while grabbing my other hand and we walked towards the bar together.

"Are you alright?" she whispered to me. I wasn't. "He's wearing a suit." I whispered back. Sophia opened her mouth a little. "Come on, get yourself together." she told me. "Don't you hate him?" she asked me. "I do, he just looks good. All men look good with a suit and tie." I explained to her as we approached the bar. I knew he was there. My eyes knew it too. I forced them to look the other way.

"Two shots please." Sophia told the bartender. He nodded and turned around. I smiled at her, I really needed alcohol. I needed to loosen up. The bartender gave us the little glasses containing a liquid that would make this evening a lot more fun. I drank it at once and closed my eyes in disgust as I felt it burning my throat.

I laughed as it felt like the temperature rose and took Sophia's hand. I didn't have a high alcohol tolerance, because I didn't drink that much. So after the shot I did feel looser, happier, more confident. We walked up to Bianca who was already dancing and joined her.

"There you are." I heard someone whisper in my ear. I looked up and saw dark eyes looking into mine. Vic. I blushed at his comment and smiled at him. I wasn't that used to guys giving me attention. As we danced together I couldn't help but glance at the bar every now and then. Staring at his back and wishing he would turn around for one second. But when I took another glance, after a few songs and when I was getting closer and closer to Vic, he was gone.

...

Max

She was dancing with him. I shouldn't care. I didn't. But when Daniel told me this I immediatly turned around.

"I guess that means she's single." Danny said. "And ready to mingle, appearently." he followed. Lando chuckled. "She doesn't look like someone who would do one-night stands." I pointed out. "Right?" I asked them. "Who looks like what?" Lewis said while joining our conversation.

"Jules." Danny told him. Lewis looked behind me and raised his eyebrows. "I would take her for someone who's looking for something serious." Carlos said. "Well, she doesn't look like that anymore." Lando pointed out while taking another look at her.

"Stop staring, that's creepy." Lewis stated. "And what she does is none of our business." he followed. I knew it wasn't. And I didn't care. Why would I?

But the way she would smile at the comments that guy whispered in her ear. The way she was flushed from the dancing and alcohol. The way her hair was messy, but still looked good. It was annoying. It made it hard for me to look away. And to pretend I didn't care about it. Because maybe I did. Who was that guy? Maybe he was a jerk. Maybe she didn't want to dance with him at all.

I quickly looked at her hands. They weren't clenched anymore. She wasn't wiping them constantly anymore. She must've felt comfortable. And that's when I kinda wished she would feel comfortable around me too.

...

Next chapter will still be about the party :)

Let's say that forced proximity will be in this story.

I can't wait to write it.

Please vote if you like this story <3333

xxx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

276K 5.8K 60
Sticking around was never her intention. She just wanted to watch one race and the people around her made everything in their power to keep her there...
165K 4.8K 58
"When are you gonna realize that I don't give a fuck who you are - I just need you"
571K 4.2K 47
Requests are open! Let your imagination run wild 18+
41.4K 832 26
❝i think i like you best when you're just with me and no one else.❞ formula one fanfic m...