Part 6 // "Blue"

Jules

I was talking to Lance and George by the bar. Bianca was already dancing and Sophia was sitting at the table talking to some others. 

"Did testing go well?" Lance asked me. "It went well, the F1 car is so different from the ones in F2 though. I had to get used to that." I answered. "Right, I remember my first time in a F1 car." George said laughing. "I think it's nice that there's a new girl on the grid. People will have to admit that women can drive too." he said. I smiled at his comment, I already loved him. "Yeah, Bianca is always a threat on the track. I'm scared when my engineer tells me she's behind me." Stroll said and we all laughed. Everyone was so nice. Well, exept him.

Behind George I could see Max talking with Charles. They were laughing. Max didn't have that careless expression on his face anymore. He almost seemed nice, almost. 

"Who are you staring at?" George asked me curious while looking behind him. He turned back around and raised his eyebrows. "Oh." was all he said. "Oh?" I asked confused. Both Lance and George looked at me in pity. They knew 

"Right, I bumped into him. Should he really be that mad about it though?" I pointed out. "He's just really stubborn." Lance answered. "Yeah, he doesn't like saying sorry and admitting he's wrong. He always makes it up in different ways." George followed. "Whatever, I don't want to talk to him untill he exuses himself for his behavior." I insisted. Lance laughed a little. "You sound like my mom." he said. 

...

Max

I caught Juliette staring at me. Not in a nice way, she looked quite mad, still. I was going to apologies, but she kept walking away from me and talking to others. So I grabbed Daniels arm and went around a corner.

"Apologized yet?" he asked me. I shook my head and looked down. "You're mad at someone who didn't say sorry quick enough and now you're doing it yourself." he told me while pointing a finger at me. "Stop acting like my dad." I said while grabbing his finger. 

"I didn't have the chance yet, we need to switch my nameplate with a person close to her. So I can talk to her." I whispered to him. "You're so dramatic. You're making this a bigger deal than it is." he pointed out. "I'm dramatic? What's your idea?" I asked him with raised eyebrows. 

He put on a thinking face while tapping his foot on the ground. "Yeah, your idea is great let's do this." he eventually said. I laughed. "Mission 'Switching Nameplates' has started." Daniel said with a deep voice. And he said I was dramatic.

I looked at the table and saw some people sitting there. How was I going to casually switch nameplates without them noticing. I looked at Daniel and he had mischievous grin on his face.

"I'll distract them while you switch the nameplates. Don't put yourself too close, it would be weird if they seated you guys next to eachother or something." he told me. He traded his grin for a very serious look. Maybe this plan was a little dramatic. But Daniel was already on his way to the people and started telling a story. He was moving his arms alot and definitely had their attention. 

I walked by the table reading all the nameplates. 'Alex Albon, Bianca Bustamante, Juliette Lavigne.' I read. I took the card of the person diagonally opposite of her. It said; 'Fernando Alonso'.  At the very end of the table I saw my name. I put Fernando's card there and took mine. I walked back to the middle of the table. The mission was completed. 

I raised my thumbs to Daniel, but he looked quite concerned. What was wrong?

...