Part 19 // "Dare."

Jules

"What's with them?" I heard Sophia say. I stopped my dancing to look where her eyes were pointed at. A few drivers were walking, actually almost storming, towards us. With Daniel in front while he dragged Max with him. What was with them?

My breaths were still unsteady because of the dancing and my cheeks were flaming red. Bianca looked at them confused as we waited untill the group of guys were in front of us.

"Hi?" Bianca said, or actually asked. We didn't mind them being there, we were simply confused. They didn't dance with us that much. Definitely not all of them. 

Daniel cleared his throat while the others were giggling behind him. The only one who looked unfased was Max, ofcourse. "We realized something very important." Danniel started. Sophia scoffed. "That important that it has to be dealt with now, like this exact moment?" Bianca asked with some attitude in her voice. She loved partying and hated being interupted while she did it.

"Maybe we should get away from the crowd." Daniel suggested. "Whatever it is Daniel, we don't care enough to leave the dancefloor." Bianca answered. "We love you guys, but not that much." she continued. The boys laughed a little but they didn't leave and we didn't move either.

"Fine." I sighed as I grabbed Sophia's hand, who grabbed Bianca's, and pulled them away from the loud music and dancing people. "Spill it." I told Daniel who followed us. "Maybe Max should." he said. Max's face still didn't show any emotion as Daniel pushed him towards us. "It's stupid." he just said. So quiet that I barely heard it. "It's really stupid." he repeated whispering.

What could this be about? I thought. 

"It's the bet." he eventually said. 

The stupid bet?!

"That is stupid." I confirmed for him. He just raised his eyebrows in a way that said; 'I know'. "That bet about the pennies?" Bianca asked for clarification. Daniel nodded excitedly. Her face lit up very slightly. "Okay, so Max." she started as she looked at him. "What is your dare for Jules?" she asked smiling. Max' eyes narrowed and he raised his eyebrows.

"Wait, the winner could let anyone do any dare. Why is it me?" I asked. "Because it's pretty obvious that you two can't stand eachother and you clearly would love to let the other do something stupid." Bianca explained like I should've known. I looked at Max for a small second and his eyes found mine but then he quickly looked away too. For a while no one spoke and I couldn't help but look at his eyes once or twice. Maybe a lot more.

"Lavigne." Max said. My last name, in this loud room with dark lighting said by him in a white shirt with the top button loose, sounded completely different from the other times he said it. It didn't even bother me this time. The only thing that bothered me was the fact that I wondered how it would be like to open a few more of those buttons.

"You just have to post an instagram story of pictures of me when it's my birthday." he explained. "That's it?" I asked him. He just nodded. "Come on Max. I could've thought of so many other things that would've been so funny." Daniel said. "Really embarassing for you Jules, but so funny." he followed while looking at me for a second. 

"If you want to prove your talents for making up dares we could all play truth or dare." Bianca offered smiling mischievously. Daniel's eyes lit up while Max' darkened in a way I thought only people in books could. Everyone else seemed pretty enthusiastic about it and before I knew it the whole grid was sitting around a round table about to play truth or dare. 

...

Max