Part 14 // "Have you seen the pictures?"

Jules

I couldn't believe it. I stared at my phone reading it over and over. 

'Ok'

Why did I even feel so hurt about it? I put my phone back down and sighed. I had to travel with him, hang out with him. I knew that he hated it as much as I did. Maybe even more.

I decided to go to Yuki's room to inform him about it. Usually we traveled together. I wondered if I could just invite him to come with us. But when I sat on his bed and asked he shook his head. 

"What? Why?" I asked. "I got a mail too, saying that I have to travel with Daniel." he answered while packing his clothes. I let out a frustrated grunt while rolling around on his bed. "I'm sorry Jules. We can hang out when we arrive." he comforted me. "Yeah, but he has to be there too." I pointed out. "He's not that bad." Yuki tried to convince me. I sat up and looked at him. "Maybe to you, but not to me." I explained. 

I didn't get it, but it didn't matter anymore. He didn't like me, I didn't like him. That was just how it was and how it would be.

"Wanna grab a bite before the plane leaves?" Yuki asked me. I smiled at him, he was such a good friend. "Ofcourse, let's go." I answered while getting up. Yuki dropped the last clothes in his suitcase and grabbed his wallet. "I really want some sushi." I said as we walked out. "Me too. I know a place." he told me. 

We got into the elevator and I could already hear my stomach grumble. 

"If you do this PR-stunt seriously you won't have to deal with him for too long." Yuki said to me. "I'm going to do my best, I'm just wondering if he will." I answered. "If he really hates you as much as you say, he will." he pointed out. "Or maybe you're just exaggerating and he actually likes being around you. But he's just not aware of his own feelings, even a bit scared of them."

I looked at Yuki with raised eyebrows. He was kidding, right?. "That doesn't sound like the Max Verstappen I know." I said. He shrugged and the doors opened again. I knew that Max would do anything to make this stop as quickly as possible. Just like I did.

...

Max

After packing my bags I went to find Daniel. I had to tell someone about this and he was my best friend. I walked through the hallway and sighed when I heard Lavigne's voice. I carefully listened and recognized Yuki's voice too. 

"That doesn't sound like the Max Verstappen I know."

I faintly heard her say. They were talking about me. Why? She was the one who's been very open about the fact that she hated me. She was the one that got drunk and acted nice and messed with my head.

I watched their backs while they walked out of the hotel. I turned around and saw Daniel at a vending machine. 

"I can't believe Jules just walked past me without saying anything." he said without looking my way. "She didn't see you." I explained while Daniel put money in the machine. "She was talking about you." he told me like I didn't already know. "I know." I simply answered. "I got a mail." Daniel said as he grabbed the candy and sat down. "It said that me and Yuki have to travel together and that you and Jules will travel together." he followed. I sighed and sat down next to him.

"It's not that bad." Daniel tried to comfort me. "She's really funny and nice. You just have to be nice to her." he explained. "I am nice." I pointed out. "It's her who says to me that she dislikes me." I continued. Daniel looked at me in a way my mother would do while chewing the candy.