The Odd One Out | ✍🏼

De ikc_writes

Thalia Anagnos-Loukanis A 14-year-old girl who has not only struggled to fit in at school but with the peopl... Mais

- Anagnos' and Loukanis' -
- Colombo's, Russo's and Angelo's -
0.0 Prologue
0.1 Just Another Afternoon
02. Dread
03. Love at First Sight
04. Presumed Dead
05. Assignments
06. Starching Similarities
07. Proof
08. Exhausted and Nauseous
09. Hospitals
10. Awoken
11. Take Me Home
12. The Life I Live
13. Just End Me Already
14. Shame
15. Changes To Scenery
16. What Was The Point
17. Finally At Peace
18. Changing Times
19. If It Started Differently
20. Cracked Comfort
21. Fighting Love
23. Worried
24. Guilty but Innocent
25. Fine Line
26. Just Out Of Reach
27. Broken Pieces
28. Just Come Home
29. Stitched Up

22. Safety

1K 37 4
De ikc_writes

| Florence Colombo |

I felt like a small child, being wrapped in a hoodie then a spare jacket, while I had still clutched onto the blanket, as I was pushed into a van. Enzo was beside me, as I clutched onto his hand, just needing to feel and know that he was still here, sitting next to me. Nothing had happened yet, and we were still together. 

Neither Nico or Stefano had said a thing to either of us about what was happening, or why Stefano had had to change out of his clothes that I had seen have blood on them. We were just having to go with the flow with these two, as I knew that they knew more than they would ever tell us. They wanted to protect us, and I get that, but it worried me that I didn't know a thing about what was going on. 

Maybe, just maybe, if they told me a fraction of what they knew, then the feeling in my stomach could disappear. It had, but now it was back with raging force, and coupled with being sick just a day or two ago, did not help. It didn't help that I didn't have Leo helping me, and making sure that I didn't feel bad for being sick on the floor. 

I hadn't heard anyone speak about Fran, and that thought hurt. Maybe something had happened to him that they didn't want to tell us, but I just didn't get what had happened to Stefano. He was sitting on the passenger seat, continuing to talk to Nico as he drove us to wherever we were going. 

My leg was bouncing up and down, as I looked out the window, before realizing that everything looked scary. From the dark clouds that were rolling in, to the trees that were moving in the wind. I had never been this scared, but for some reason, being with these boys, it brought out all of my emotions that I never knew someone like me could have. 

From being able to cry to being happy then worried within a few days, it had all happened. These boys had done that for me. They had made me feel and know what its like to be able to express yourself, instead of having to shove everything about yourself down into a small hole, so that no one can ever find you, or who you even are.

An arm made it around my shoulders, as I was pulled down into someone's lap, as I knew Enzo's hand was running through my hair, trying to calm me down. I knew that I couldn't calm down until that I knew Leo and Leon were standing on their two feet, nothing wrong with them, and that nothing had ever happened; we hadn't been like this. 

This didn't feel like them. Just getting up and disappearing into the night, without a note or even a message. Fran wasn't even around either. I knew the two of us were rocky with one another, as I felt like I was always walking on egg shells around him, but he was my brother and I was his little sister, so I deserved to know that he was okay. 

They all had to be okay. If I knew that they were okay, then I would be okay. Them being okay would soothe whatever was happening in my mind. I would be at peace for once. "Hello?" a voice sounded through a phone, making me sit up quickly, which was the worst idea I had had. Everything around me spun, as I clutched my head for a second. 

Enzo had closed his eyes as his head rested against the head rest. We hadn't even eaten the food that he had cooked, rather rushing out the door due to Nico and Stefano's orders. My panic picked up at the sound of Nico talking to someone on the phone that Stefano was holding. I hadn't seen him and Elijah in a while, which sadden me a little. 

Elijah had kept his distance from me since he had slept with me on the couch on my first night here. It had comforted me then, and maybe he could comfort me again. He felt like another older brother, or so I thought that was what it felt like to me, and hopefully him too. 

"She's here" Nico murmured, as he turned to look back at me, while the person continued to talk to him. I stared at the back of him, unsure of what to do or say. I was being spoken about like I wasn't even there. "He wants to talk to you" 

I didn't want to talk. Initially, I shook my head. I was unsure of who this person was and why they wanted to talk to me. Stefano pushed the phone closer to me, as I begrudgingly took it from him, but not saying a word. There was only a number on the screen, so I had no idea who I was talking to, as my knee started bouncing faster and faster. 

Enzo's hand reached over, his eyes still closed shut with his head against the head rest, as he put his hand on my knee to stop it from moving and to calm me down more than he would ever know. None of them would ever know how much comfort they have given a girl like me. 

"Flo?" a voice questioned, and I could sense the faint familiarity that it gave me. It sounded like someone that I knew. "Flo?" they asked once again, with more panic in their voice. I didn't know what to say, as all I could think of saying was 'yes', but I don't think that would be enough for the other person. There was too much riding on this response.

"Yeah?" I settled on, as it slipped past my lips before I could change it. "Oh god, good, good" the other person muttered, which confused me even further. "How are you?" the person questioned, but I was still so uncertain about this person that I didn't want to keep talking to them. Who were they? What could they do with my responses to their questions? 

"Who is this?" I questioned, guilt filling me up, as I felt like I was going to be sick all over again. I couldn't do it anymore; being sick and then crying over it, all for it to just come rushing back at me at full force. I needed it to stop. "It's me, Leo" my heart filled with joy at the fact that I was talking to my big brother. 

"Leo" I breathed out, hoping he could feel my happiness that he was talking to me. "How are you sweetheart?" the way he said sweetheart warmed my heart. It didn't send chills down my spine, rather filling my heart to the brim. "I'm good. Where are you?" I immediately questioned. 

There was no way that I was going through everything that I had been feeling recently. He didn't need to know, as he seemed worried when I didn't answer him. I also didn't need Enzo and Nico to start worrying about me. If they did, I could be going back to that sickly hospital that I hated. If I ever got sick like that again, I really hoped that I could just stay with the boys at home. 

"We are just at work. We needed to sort out a few things. Nico is driving you to us. Your like 5 minuets away from us" that soothed my heart enough. I quickly finished up talking to Leo, as I handed the phone back to Stefano, right as we were pulling into a driveway. It looked as if we were in the middle of nowhere. 

We got stopped many times, before we were driving into some sort of underground carpark, before some glass doors opened up. Everything looked like it was double the price of what my liver would ever cost to get removed and sold. There was even one of those spinney things that turn the cars around, which we parked over. 

As soon as Nico stopped the car, he was running a hand through his hair, as I gently shook Enzo, who had fallen into a slumber from rubbing his thumb gently over my knee. He instantly wrapped his arms around my shoulders, pulling me into a tight hug, before we were told to get out of the car. 

He let me go, as I got out of the car, instantly looking around at all the people dressed in black. I didn't like this one bit. I grabbed onto Enzo as soon as he was out of the car, while Stefano and Nico walked on either side of the two of us. I felt like I was being escorted somewhere, and I didn't like that I didn't know a single thing about why I was here or what was going on. I should have asked on the phone with Leo. 

I really hope that Leo wasn't lying about seeing him soon. "'m scared" I stood on my toes to whisper in Enzo's ear once we had stopped walking to wherever we were walking. As soon as Enzo had formed a response to my words, someone that I knew appeared from behind a wall as we were being checked to go into the building. 

Immediately, I recognized it to be Leon, Leo and Fran. Taking a step forward, I tried to get to the three men that were my brothers, but they didn't look anything remotely like the brothers I had grown to know. A hand made it's way to my shoulders from someone in front of me, stopping me from getting to the brothers that I so badly wanted to hug. 

"Let her go" and those three words were enough to allow me to sprint forward, holding in all the pain that coursed through my body, as I ran full force at Leo. He immediately picked me up, pulling me into his body, as I breathed in his familiar scent. I had really truly missed him. Maybe even more than Enzo. But all of my brothers had a really special place in my heart, and I felt bad that I was showing how much I had for Leo right now. 

Just being in his arms brought me enough safety. 

---

thoughts? xx

who do we want to see with Florence next chapter? like more bonding with Leon, Fran, Nico, Enzo, Leo or the Russo brothers? lmk 

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

61.4K 1.7K 49
Cover by @scorflix Family Kidnapped at a young age, two girls are separated from their mafia family, their lives full of risks and flaws, whic...
14K 1.3K 50
I kicked the doors open which lead me into a massive hall filled with people with dresses which screamed richness.As I looked around I saw the man wh...
23.8K 494 15
Georgia Alice Monroe The same girl who has been abused until she found her brothers. She has relied on having all of her brothers there for her since...
24.1K 820 32
A brother and a sister. One is the captain of the hockey team in a small town while the other aspires to be the best figure skater out there. But wh...