Enchanted (Billionaire Boys...

booksbykyra

Donatella Winters: Spellbindingly beautiful. Effortlessly smart. Not the most popular but friendly with eve... Еще

Authors Note.
Playlist
Character Aesthetics
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chaoter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapyer 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chaoter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chaoyer 37
Chapyer 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chaoter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66

Chapter 30

1.5K 54 20
booksbykyra

Donatella:

He said he cares about me. That he doesn't know how or why but that he does.

The memory of it makes me smile.

It makes the little girl in me smile.

It makes my heart beat a little faster and my brain whirl a little quicker.

"That's it!"

I end my routine and finish with a bowing position.

"Yes. You got it. That was great. Just one or two minor changes and it'll be completely flawless." Madame Nguyen, or my auntie Hana, grins.

Breathing hard, I rise, walking over to the long chaise and taking a seat. "Really?"

"Absolutely. That run through was near perfection."

The corners of my mouth turn up at the compliment. "Thank you."

"Hm. Good idea." She hums.

"Huh?"

"I am a phenomenal teacher. You should thank me."

I stop my hands as they reach down to undo my pointe shoes. "You didn't."

"I had to. I couldn't make up any more excuses and I know you don't have a boyfriend and I know that you're busy tomorrow but it is actually tomorrow night so..."

"Oh my god." I lay my head over the high edge. "I have to work on my project tomorrow night."

"You can cancel." She waves off.

"I can't! I've already missed lots."

"It's just one more night. Please?"

"Di Hana." (Auntie Hana)

"con mèo."

I sigh deeply. "tôi có phải?" (Do I have to?)

"No." She says. "bạn không cần phải làm vậy. nhưng làm ơn làm điều đó cho tôi được không?" (You don't have to. But can you please do it for me?)

She offers me a pleading expression. "Hmmm?"

"khỏe." (Fine)

"ừ." (Yay) She squeals.

"Mhm." I remove my pointes and replace them with some black mini UGGs. The ones with the bows on the back. I have the exact same ones in about four colours.

I press my hands atop my baby pink, tight clad legs and massage my tired limbs.

"You've seen him. You know that he's handsome. And I bet it'll be so much fun. I've been waiting for you to get a boyfriend."

"Really?"

"Of course!" She doesn't pick up on the sarcasm. That, or she simply just ignores it. "I want you to have a love story like a dream. You deserve it, little one."

"You think?" I smile.

"I know. You're a hopeless romantic. That just makes it even better."

"How so?"

"It gives the story even more magic." She grins. "Speaking of hopeless romantics, have you spoken to Daci, lately?"

Daciana is my cousin on my mom's side. Her dad is the brother of her and Auntie Hana. She lives over in New York so we don't see each other as often as we'd like but we're still super close.

"Not for a few days, why?"

"Oh, just wondering. I need to head over there for some work. I thought I'd visit while I'm there."

"That's a good idea."

"You should talk to her. The last time I did, she seemed suspicious."

"Suspicious? About what?"

"I'm not sure. Just suspicious in general. She's the troublemaker of you two. Even if she hides it behind her poise."

"I don't know if troublemaker is the right word."

"Mm. Perhaps, evil mastermind."

"A graceful evil mastermind."I say. "Who's actually very sweet."

Auntie Hana humphs. "I'll have whatever plan she has underway out of her mouth and into my knowledge within half an hour."

"Half an hour? I thought you'd give yourself more credit."

"That girl is a tough one." She folds her arms, then smiles. "We should all get together, soon. Me, you, your mother and her. A long awaited girls' day."

"Soon." I agree.

We say our goodbyes and she leaves, leaving me here to get ready and collect my things.

I stand, smoothing out my black wrap dress. I pick up my bag and loop it over my shoulder, grabbing my phone and heading out the door.

I stop by the desk, sorting through some details with Ida before waving goodbye to her as well and walking towards the car, where anh Hoàng is waiting with the door held open for me.

Offering a greeting, I thank him, getting into the car and allowing him to close the door behind me.

A few minutes into the ride, I decide that informing Darius that I won't be at tomorrow's meeting would probably be a good idea. Especially since I'm already beginning to feel drowsy and will most likely be fast asleep before I remember to later on.

Bringing my phone to my ear, I hear the buzzing ring about five times before it disappears and is replaced by his wonderfully low voice.

Wait, wonderfully-?

"Darling?"

Oh. I definitely think I've worn myself out. My eyes close out of their own accord. My limbs loosening.

"Darius?"

"How come you called?" His tone is laced with curiosity and something like intrigue.

"Um..." I start, guilt nipping at my conscience.

"Sweetheart. Is everything alright?" Now, there's a hint of concern.

"No, everything's fine, I just..."

"You just, what?"

"Well, I have to tell you something. But, I want to say first that I'm really sorry and-"

"You're cancelling."He concludes. "What did I tell you? Stop apologising so much. You don't have to be sorry."

"Okay." I breathe out. "Are you-?"

"Tella."

"Thank you." I say. "I know that a date isn't a good excuse to not go but-"

"What?" His voice changes almost completely from a few moments ago. Like it's been frozen over.

"Did I not say?" I think back to when I tried to explain. I guess I didn't mention the reason. "Oh. Well, that's the reason I can't go. I know it isn't a good one but I can't get out of it." A long few moments pass and I hear nothing on his end. "Darius?"

"Who?"

"Huh?"

"Who are you going on a date with?"

"Um, his name is Joshua Tang. He doesn't go to our school so I don't think you'll know him. He's a family friend... ish."

"Where are you going?" He words seem calm enough but his tone still leaks with cold stiffness.

Oh no. I knew it. I knew he'd be upset with me. I've missed too many sessions and he knows it.

"I'm not sure. I assume I'll find out tomorrow or later tonigh."

"What time is this date?"

"I'm not too sure of that, either."

"As soon as you know, let me know."

"Why?" I find myself asking.

"I want o know if we can work around the time."

Right.

"Of course. I will. Promise."

"Good."

"I really am sorry for cancelling. Again."

There's a nondescript mumble on his end but I can't quite make it out.

"What?"

"Nothing." He replies. "Did you just finish your class?"

"Mhm. I'm heading home, now. Have you finished with hockey practice?"

"Yeah. Going home, too."

"Okay, we'll. I just wanted to let you know. I won't keep you. I'm sure you're tired. I'll see you later."

"I'm not-" He starts but then pauses before continuing. "Yeah. See you later, sweetheart."

We hang up and I blow out a breath, dropping my hand to my thighs and leaning back, letting my head rest on the soft leather.

I turn towards the window and watch as the world whizzes by and after a handfull of minutes, I find myself wondering a very unexpected question.

Why did his not so much of a reaction bother me?

And what does that mean?

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

1.3M 23.6K 57
Gia Holland is a college student who lives for nothing else but ice-skating. When a new ice-rink opens near her campus she decides to starts going t...
SAVED BY HIM ☆Starlight ☆

Любовные романы

56.8K 1K 25
Selina was a total sunshine to everyone even with her father abusing her and blaming her for the death of her mother and brother every single day, it...
1.9K 60 21
Just another little story for all the lonely bitches out there <3 #6 - trope #10 - onebed #29 - cure #1- friend group
Hidden Princcesssaaaa

Любовные романы

1.4K 32 32
Eleni Sanders , the sunshine of the school. You couldn't possibly not like her (or so her bestie thinks). Eleni is the girl to do to when you need h...