Shadows (A Jay McGuiness stor...

By muchfanfics

Casey is not like every other girl. She is a god. Well, not yet. She has to learn how to balance her new doma... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Epilouge

Chapter 6

128 2 1
By muchfanfics

I couldn't sleep for the rest of the night. I kept thinking about what Hypnos said to me. I looked at my phone and I saw that I had one text from Jay.

Jay: Good morning, Beautiful.

Good morning. I can't wait until our date :)

Jay: I was thinking that we could go somewhere nicer than a pub. I would like to take you to a fancy restaurant. I think that you deserve better than a pub for our first date. :)

That is really sweet, but if you are more comfortable at a pub, then I am happy going there.

Jay: you are too sweet. I am taking you to a nice place. I will pick you up at 6.

I smiled and put the phone on the counter. I really hope that he will fall in love with me. If not, I am not sure what I would do.

Ruby came in and told me about 3 rogues. We took care of them. One was just a mistake and the other two, I sent to the underworld. They were surprised that I was now in charge of them, but they are going to have to deal with it.

After lunch, I went to the park. Draco brought me a couple of lost spirits. They just need someone to listen to them. I wrote down what they wanted to be done. Most of was just letters. There was a little girl that came up to me. She just wanted to know where her mom was. I had to explain to her that her mom was still alive and that she couldn't see her. I think that the girl understood. She started to cry. I took her hand and appeared to the Underworld. I took her to Hades.

"Father, could you please help me?" I asked him. My voice broke when I said 'help'. He looked up from his desk and saw me and the little girl.

"What is it?" He said in a very soft tone.

"I need you to take care of her for me. Please put her in a special spot." I told him. He got up and smiled at the little girl. He walked with her to the outside of our house. He came back a couple of minutes later.

"She is in her own home." He told me. I walked over to him and gave him a hug. He hugged me back. This was one of the few times that he actually hugged.

"I love you so much. You did a good thing." He told me. He then kissed the top of my head.

"Hades, seems like you are beginning to grow a heart." I teased him as I pulled away.

"I have always had a heart when it comes to my little girl." He said. Last time I heard that, I was very young and I had fallen into the Styx River. I died, but my father brought me back to life. Zeus was angry at him for doing it. He held me in front of him and the rest of the gods and asked them if I should really die. That day ended in tears

"I love you too." I told him. I then went back to Earth. I sat back down on the park bench and watched everyone around me. I spent a little while there. I walked to my apartment. When I got there, it was 5 o'clock. I had an hour before Jay would pick me up. I grabbed one of the dresses out of my closet.

It was a long black dress. The skirt was lace and under it was a smaller skirt that came to the middle of my thing. It had a sweet heart neckline. I grabbed my black pumps and a green sweater. I thought that I looked pretty good. Not as pretty as Aphrodite, but still pretty.

Jay arrived at exactly 6. He was dressed in a nice button up shirt and jeans. I wanted him to have his way with me, right there in my doorway. He and I walked to a very nice restaurant. We were seated pretty quickly. I was so excited. He asked me little questions just to get to know me. I tried to answer as many as I could, but there were some that I just couldn't answer.

"So you are a manager at your father's business in Greece?" He wanted to clarify.

"Yes, that is what I do." I told him. He smiled and looked at his meal.

"So how close are you to your family?" He looked up at me.

"I am pretty close with some of them. I mean, you have met Hermes already. I am close with one of my uncles, but other then them, I woudn't say that I am close." I explained to him. He looked like he understood what I was saying.

"Hermes is an interesting fellow. He doesn't look like your cousin, other than your height, I wouldn't think that the two of you were cousins." Jay said. I saw a shadow person in the corner of my eye. I sighed.

"What is wrong? Is there something wrong with the food?" Jay asked. He sounded really worried.

"Oh, nothing is wrong with the food, or you, or really anything. I will be right back, please wait for me."I told him as I got up from the table. I brought my purse with me. Hermes had written a note that told me that he had messed with all of my bags so that they were like his. I put the jar in it so that I would have it insituations like this.

I thought of the shadow person being caught in tar. Before I knew it, I saw that he had followed me. I grabbed him and placed him in the jar. 

"I really don't like that you are doing this to me." I told him before I placed him in it. I set the jar back in my bag and went back to Jay.

"Are you okay? Would you like dessert?" He said as he pulled my chair out so that I could sit back in it.

"I actually was thinking that we could go to a little place that I found with my cousin, if that is okay with you." I suggested to him. I saw his eyes light up.

"That would be amazing. Let me go pay the bill." He said as he walked away. I followed him. I didn't see why not. He stood there and paid the bill. We walked about a block or so to a little pastry place. We shared a piece of triple chocolate heaven. I thought that the name was funny, but it tasted amazing. We ended up staying the the little shop for about two hours. All that we did was talk. I found out that he hasn't always wanted to be a muscian. He still gets stage fright.

We left the shop and walked to my apartment. On our way, we found a small park. We decided to walk around the  park. It was a beautiful night. I didn't want him to leave me. As we walked around, I saw Aphrodite in the park. She was sitting by the fountian.

"Casey! what a surprise to see you here!" She said. I groaned internally. All humans fell for her beauty.

"Aphrodite, what are you doing here in England?" I asked her. I felt Jay's arm come around my waist. I nearly lost it. I really can't have him touching me.

"I was here because I am where ever there is beauty, like tonight, stupid! I see that you have found your other half." She blurted out. Hey, she is the goddess of beauty, not brains. I gave her a look to shut up. She, luckily, knew what my look meant.

"What? What do you do?" Jay asked. This is going to end badly.

"I design gardens and other stuff. I was just getting some inspiration from this park." I was surprised by her answer.

"Okay, well it was good to see you! I will see you later." I told her as we hugged. I walked with Jay away from her. That was too close.

"Who was that?" He said.

"Her? Oh she married my cousin." I told him. It is surprising how natural that felt to say.

"What do you think of her?" I ask him. I knew that he would think that she was beautiful.

"She is pretty, but not my type." I was shocked by his answer.

"What is your type, Mr. Mcguiness?" I say as we stop. He pulls a rose off of the rose bush behind him and hands it to me.

"My type is a woman that is smart. No offense, but she doesn't seem too smart." He tells me. I couldn't help but smile. He pulled me close to his body. I had to focus on keeping my power down. It would be so embarrassing for me to turn there.He then kissed me. That was it. I put my arms around his neck to deepen it. He held me by my lower back.

For some reason, I didn't turn. I stayed the same. I would have to ask some one why that had happened later.

"Wow." was all that he said as he pulled away. I looked into his eyes and I could tell that he meant it.

"I know." I replied. He just smiled and kissed my forehead. We then walked to my apartment. He geld my hand the entire way there.

"I had a wonderful night. Thanks." I told him. He smiled.

"For some reason, I don't want to leave you." He confessed. I shook my head. It was like he took the words right out of my mouth.

"I hope that we will see each other soon." I tell him. He then pushes me up against the door and kissed me passionately. He moved to my neck and sucked on it.

"Jay, we can't, not yet." I told him. He stopped.

"I am so sorry. You are right." He said. I just smiled.

"Will you spend tomorrow with me and the guys?" He asked. That is pretty weird.

"Um, what would we do tomorrow?" I don't think that they like me anyway.

"Wait, maybe I should ask you this one first: would you be my girlfriend? I know that this is really early in our relationship, but I feel like this could work out." He explained. I wanted to shout and throw a little dance party right there.

"I feel the same way too. So yes, I will be your girlfriend." His face lit up when I said this.

"Great, now back to my original question." I pulled him into a kiss.

"I would love to." I told him as I broke the kiss.

"I will pick you up tomorrow at 9. Is that okay?" He was so cute.

"That is perfect." I tell him. I then enter my apartment, took my shoes off, and danced around the apartment. I then went into my room and got into my bed. I didn't even bother to change. Because I didn't want this night to ever end. It was too perfect. I was terrified that this was a sick joke that Hypnos has pulled on me. I think that I would have every right in the world to kill him. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 184 15
*completed* Saffron Baker's life is transformed into a blur of excitement, showbiz and heartache once she's given the chance to perform with The Want...
414 12 12
Sequel to Bittersweet Moments. When Sam and Jay get into a fight she turns to a friend. He tells her something that would change her life forever...
Lifeline By ~Aya~

General Fiction

324 22 11
Jamie, a girl whose life was very tragic when she was very young. From alcoholic parents, to bullying, to self harm, and to saving someone's past sel...
92.9K 1.1K 40
Maybe he wouldn't even recognise me; I mean, two years can be a long time. As he and his band mate made their way over to where we were sitting, th...